Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »
Apr 8, 11:14 AM
Oct 2020
it's perfect, the way they introduce the character, the cinematic effect, and how they decribe an artist emotion
Apr 8, 2:45 PM
Mob Character C

Oct 2009
I really liked this! Honestly, seeing people not doing what they love is actually super cringe worthy to me. It just kills me when people are too scared to create or do something just because it's not the norm or isn't going to end up perfect. Man, who cares? Go forth. Make bad art-- or good art. I don't know. I just love when people put their art, expression, and passion out there. It might take some bravery, but it's something I admire. Just do it. If it makes you happy then why not? And even if it's "not good" then it's always good to remember that just by you putting it out there, you could be encouraging others to do the same. It's a lot of trial and error sometimes and like hey, we can all get better as we go.

So seeing Yoru struggle with that made me become a little frustrated, but I'm so glad that she's going forward with it. Let's goooo!

Enjoy your anime! | Witch Cafe Wisteria
Apr 8, 5:36 PM

May 2015
This is soo good !!!
Apr 8, 10:45 PM

Sep 2021
A good premiere. The first part dragged a bit and it's quite ambitious, but Kano is such a charismatic girl!

The line between brilliant and over-eager sure is thin for this one, hopefully it moves into the right direction.
Apr 9, 6:17 AM
Oct 2019
Ahh the world of Influencers.
Very relatable indeed.

What a Fantastic Premiere Episode!!
Wow

I love the vibes and the atmosphere already.
Very strong start, introduction of our Main characters, their backstory, personality and motivation are done very well.

Doga Kobo is COOKING!!
You can tell the production value is vey high on this one.
Apr 9, 6:42 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Knew this is gonna be sick thanks to Doga Kobo sakuga quality but holy shit kinda be way out of my expectation with the camera angle works, shimmering lights, and so on, even without oped yet. Not gonna worry with that fanservice a bit, its all normal, yeah. So i trust the duet between Itou Miku and Rieri can brings a great entertainment for this season full of sequels. Lovely interaction between them already giving me such a weird sparks, if you know what i mean. But more importantly if the music can be solid as well to fill up what's been bothering me so far on this premiere, jellyfish can't swim shall actually be able to fly to the moon.

All in all, i am satisfied with this Doga Kobo anniversary project. Its only the beginning...
badabassApr 9, 6:46 AM
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Apr 9, 12:02 PM

Oct 2008
w0w! i tell yah! this is gonna be really good!
what a good first episode!
their cosplay was a great contrast! angel and devil!
5/5.
matias067Apr 9, 12:05 PM

Apr 9, 1:32 PM

Dec 2020
DrizAIM said:
they featured discord this is the future

I DIDNT REALIZE THIS LOL
Apr 9, 1:51 PM
Sep 2020
Its nice introduction!!!
Apr 9, 10:59 PM
Jan 2021
Really interesting first episode! Excited to see where it goes. The animation was certainly gorgeous, and the interactions between the two leads so far seems...promising (though I'm not gonna hold my breath on that one).
Apr 10, 4:10 AM
Mar 2024
Nice start to the show, the idea of setting it at night is very interesting and I hope they stick with it, it really conveys that feeling of both awe and loneliness. The main characters are lovely and have a cute dynamic, even though the relationship felt forced at times. The themes of adolescence and finding yourself tied to social media are interesting and relatable and I’m looking forward to more. There were some creepy shots of the main character, hopefully they don’t happen again
Apr 10, 7:15 AM

Oct 2011
Seems cute for now but I really feel like this didn't need those fanservice-y shots at the beginning.
I wish it was GL tho, that whispering scene gave me chills.
Apr 10, 10:06 AM

Apr 2012
Reply to Ayunee
Seems cute for now but I really feel like this didn't need those fanservice-y shots at the beginning.
I wish it was GL tho, that whispering scene gave me chills.
@Ayunee Do you want it to be GL, but don't like fanservice, although for an anime of this type, yuri or yuri bait elements will be elements of the same fanservice? I don't know if it will be yuri or not, but if it is, it will obviously continue that style.

@BabyBlouie I don't think elements like this can be used in just one episode, let alone the first. Especially if they are actually going to play with yuri bait in the future. It will just look weird and mislead people about the chosen path for the show. But I don't think they're going to abuse it in any way like some Akebi-chan, it doesn't feel like a fetishized show.

So unless they decide to push some moe development further down the road (not necessarily yuri, even just adding fanservice to their performance), it's unlikely to be that fanservicey.
RobertBobertApr 10, 10:13 AM
Apr 10, 10:59 AM

Oct 2011
Reply to RobertBobert
@Ayunee Do you want it to be GL, but don't like fanservice, although for an anime of this type, yuri or yuri bait elements will be elements of the same fanservice? I don't know if it will be yuri or not, but if it is, it will obviously continue that style.

@BabyBlouie I don't think elements like this can be used in just one episode, let alone the first. Especially if they are actually going to play with yuri bait in the future. It will just look weird and mislead people about the chosen path for the show. But I don't think they're going to abuse it in any way like some Akebi-chan, it doesn't feel like a fetishized show.

So unless they decide to push some moe development further down the road (not necessarily yuri, even just adding fanservice to their performance), it's unlikely to be that fanservicey.
@RobertBobert
By fanservice I meant the weird boob shots at the start. I don't mind the breast/panty fanservice when I know I'm gonna get it, but this show did not seem like one, nor was it really necessary.

I don't even mind it to be GL bait tbh. I like the chemistry between those two, they can tease me with this ship all they want and I'm gonna eat it up.
Apr 10, 11:12 AM

Apr 2012
Reply to Ayunee
@RobertBobert
By fanservice I meant the weird boob shots at the start. I don't mind the breast/panty fanservice when I know I'm gonna get it, but this show did not seem like one, nor was it really necessary.

I don't even mind it to be GL bait tbh. I like the chemistry between those two, they can tease me with this ship all they want and I'm gonna eat it up.
@Ayunee I understand what you mean. I'm just saying that this type of show will likely become even more fanservicey if they actually pursue the yuri bat/yuri theme further down the line. Because this is a moe bishoujo show. Although if they do go the route of Licorice Recall, it's likely that most of the fanservice will be left for the manga and LN adaptations to make the anime more friendly to very different audiencess and increase the appeal of additional content.
Apr 10, 11:57 AM
Apr 2023
This is the best first episode this season that I've seen
Apr 10, 11:58 AM
Apr 2023
Reply to ImSpookd
DrizAIM said:
they featured discord this is the future

I DIDNT REALIZE THIS LOL
@ImSpookd everything on the show is about current internet trends
Apr 10, 4:49 PM

May 2013
Reply to -Swifty-
Subtitles on HiDive aren't working for me, tried 2 different devices.
@-Swifty- Yeah I had the same problem. I ended up having to use less than desirable means. I mean, you pay for a service; it should be rendered properly. Hopefully they get it right moving forward.
Apr 10, 4:52 PM

Jan 2016
Reply to turtleinshell
@-Swifty- Yeah I had the same problem. I ended up having to use less than desirable means. I mean, you pay for a service; it should be rendered properly. Hopefully they get it right moving forward.
@turtleinshell they were working about an hour later after I posted that comment.
Apr 10, 4:52 PM

May 2013
Anyone else find the downblouse at the start unnecessary? Show doesn't strike me as that sort of show so far. Hoping it doesn't have too much of that moving forward.
Apr 10, 7:38 PM

Aug 2021
solid first episode. i really like the animation style and the construction. this could be pretty good
Apr 10, 11:41 PM

Apr 2012
Reply to turtleinshell
Anyone else find the downblouse at the start unnecessary? Show doesn't strike me as that sort of show so far. Hoping it doesn't have too much of that moving forward.
@turtleinshell You're literally writing this a couple of comments later about it.
Apr 11, 3:28 AM
Mar 2024
Reply to RobertBobert

@RobertBobert i hope you’re right, but my main problem is that the fan service shots were specifically targeted at the audience, if the main charas looked at each other like that it would be perfectly fine, but being forced to look at a 15 yo like that is not something I want to see again

Sadly I know how anime can be, so I just hope they’re far in between
Apr 11, 7:30 AM

Apr 2012
Reply to BabyBlouie
@RobertBobert i hope you’re right, but my main problem is that the fan service shots were specifically targeted at the audience, if the main charas looked at each other like that it would be perfectly fine, but being forced to look at a 15 yo like that is not something I want to see again

Sadly I know how anime can be, so I just hope they’re far in between
@BabyBlouie This type of fan service was used in SSSS Gridman in 2016. You can see what it ended up looking like. Some people didn't even understand what it was, trying to attribute male gaze scenes to female characters.s.
Apr 11, 6:29 PM

May 2013
Reply to RobertBobert
@turtleinshell You're literally writing this a couple of comments later about it.
@RobertBobert Sorry, was in a rush when I was posting :S. Yeah I just don't think it really fits in with the rest of the show at all, but then again we've only gotten 1 ep of an anime original series, so we'll see. Just seems like the show has so much more to offer without any need to include that. Don't mind the occasional fanservice shot if it fits the show, just not sure it does here :/

Love the show so far though.
Apr 11, 6:35 PM

Apr 2012
Reply to turtleinshell
@RobertBobert Sorry, was in a rush when I was posting :S. Yeah I just don't think it really fits in with the rest of the show at all, but then again we've only gotten 1 ep of an anime original series, so we'll see. Just seems like the show has so much more to offer without any need to include that. Don't mind the occasional fanservice shot if it fits the show, just not sure it does here :/

Love the show so far though.
@turtleinshell Well at this point I don't see them relying too much on fan service. This is more of a bonus to the overall content.
Apr 12, 2:34 AM
Feb 2023
Great begining for this show. The animation was admirable and the characters seemed interesting
Apr 12, 9:32 AM
Feb 2024
Great visuals, good concept. Yeah. Overall, it looks like it is gonna be amazing
Apr 12, 10:38 AM
Nov 2023
Fantastic!!!! it's been a while since i last got so excited just by watching a live!!!!!!
Apr 13, 12:38 AM
Nov 2023
My favourite first episode of this spring season, there are also hints for potential Yuri so I am hyped af
Apr 13, 5:02 AM

May 2009
So many great shots in this episode
Apr 13, 10:17 AM
Jun 2023
didn't need the shot down her shirt at the start but otherwise it was super cute
Apr 13, 6:00 PM
Mar 2019
Holy Moly, this was a great, and inspiring first episode. Such an excellent follow-up animation to "Oshi No Ko." Looks like Doga Kobo is staying on the anime competitive map.
Apr 14, 1:28 AM
Feb 2024
This is almost like realistic Bocchi, tbh. I'm well past my teenage years, but Yoru's plight hits so close to home it's scary. Those girls just need a hug and someone to believe in them and they're gonna make magic.
Apr 14, 4:15 AM

May 2015
Outstandingly well directed episode, I have to remember the name of Takeshita Ryouhei from no on! Very good example of that the most important thing is not that you are telling the story about (there is nothing new in teenegers looking for ways of self-expression and self-realization) but how it is represented in an imaginative way. Very well crafted anime!
IshitatesoApr 14, 4:19 AM
夏草や 兵どもが 夢の跡
Apr 14, 5:44 AM
Jan 2023
Oh damn, this was so good. The visuals are stunning, the characters are unique in their own way and they have set up the plot already. Absolutely love where this is going.

Anime of the season contender perhaps? Maybe a bit early to say, but I have been looking forward to this one for sure, ever since it was announced.
Apr 14, 3:50 PM
Apr 2023
i love, she loves it too
Apr 14, 4:51 PM

May 2021
Well I stumbled onto this show randomly today and I wanted to check it out. Doga Kobo has done some really good comfy anime in the past so I thought this might be something I can chill watch on the weekends. Really impressed with the first episode! The art and animation was great, the voice acting talent is super stacked, and the direction the show is headed in looks entertaining.

Glad I checked this out, really glad I didn't let this slip under the radar this season.
Apr 14, 10:41 PM
Aug 2022
i loved it, I can feel what the main character feels, who wants to be someone else and doesn't want to be who she was before. The story is very interesting to me, this story is shared with people who don't believe in themselves or are insecure about themselves. I think it's very good as a motivation to people who need it.
Apr 15, 12:34 PM
Dec 2023
Once again, Doga Kobo manages to annihilate my preconceptions about one of her series and sweep me up in an uncontrollable flow of emotions, taking me into an ocean, or rather, a universe that dazzles and amazes us.

I wasn't expecting much, I didn't really know what to expect, and the fanservice at the start was a little irritating. I was on the verge of stopping this series, but I forced myself to. But, in retrospect, I found myself simply loving this 1st episode. With all Doga Kobo's charm and talent, whether in the animation, direction, music or art direction (despite the fact that this is an original anime), I feel like I'm falling in love with a series for a 2nd time, as Aquatope on a white sand did in its day. As well as tackling a number of subjects such as abandonment, fear of other people's judgement, etc., this series seems to urge us, like a jellyfish drawn to the light, not to abandon our hopes and always to look forward.

What's more, I could see my little Kukuru Misakino's voice again in an anime, and that's priceless. I can't wait to see what Doga Kobo has in store for us.
Apr 15, 10:00 PM
Mar 2015
She is going to help the jellyfish shine
Apr 16, 4:20 PM

Nov 2020
MC cares too much about what others think, which is why she hasn't developed her passion, she's also afraid to defend her graffiti because she doesn't want people to think of her as a weirdo, she wants to become someone, she doesn't want an ordinary life but her character that doesn't let her go out out of line, he condemns her to this and here comes the blonde who is a complete opposite, it promises to be an interesting dynamic between the characters and the development of the MC's character, who at the end of the episode gained the courage to defend who she is by tearing down posters.
A lost teenager who doesn't know what to do in life? I identify with this very much xD
I also like that the relationship between our two girls is nicely strengthened and credible👌
The meaning of the title also captivated me, MC is a jellyfish who cannot shine on her own and the people she meets will be light, i.e. inspiration, thanks to which MC will shine ♥️
Great direction and animation, I don't usually like such anime and I haven't watched much of them so I don't know how this anime compares to other similar ones but imo it looks nice, the only thing I can fault is the fan service, this title seems mature so it's a bit disappointing it is appropriate to focus a lot of attention on the breasts of an underage girl xD
5/5
Apr 19, 11:05 PM

Jul 2022
Reply to bastek66
So many great shots in this episode
@bastek66 This kind of fan service definitely felt a bit out of place, given the serious nature coming-of-age narrative the story begins with. Mahiru's jellyfish socks are pretty cute though.
Apr 20, 6:01 PM

Jan 2022
Take me back to the days of wired headphones. I still use them, but I wish other people did as well. Sharing wired headphones hits differently.

This was such a cute episode wtf I absolutely love this series so far. The animation and movements were incredible.

I need someone like Kano in my life to hype me up. Such a cute duo. I'm really looking forward to more episodes.
This never updates so that's cool
Apr 21, 10:07 AM
Sep 2017
awesome first episode
Apr 21, 11:39 AM

May 2015
MC should have ditched those asshole friends, I feel sorry for her that she felt compelled to quit art instead.
Apr 22, 5:22 PM

Apr 2016
Reply to MROSIE
didn't need the shot down her shirt at the start but otherwise it was super cute
@MROSIE We did actually. Good way to gatekeep itself from annoying people.
Apr 22, 8:07 PM
Jun 2023
HajimeNozomiUwU said:
@MROSIE We did actually. Good way to gatekeep itself from annoying people.

can't tell if you're trying to be rude, but it's not needed. 👍👍👍
Apr 22, 9:08 PM

Mar 2008
That was a pretty good start. I like the little casual details in the animation that make the characters feel more real. I get how they both feel not wanting to be too ordinary and held down by others.
Apr 27, 1:53 PM
Ero Ojisan

Jun 2019
Decided to give this show a shot and I'm somewhat sold on the show so far. Kinda reminds me of Ya Boy Kongming.
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yoru no Kurage wa Oyogenai Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 11

131 by Assassin2112 »»
Sep 27, 11:07 PM

Poll: » Yoru no Kurage wa Oyogenai Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 13

135 by BabyBlouie »»
Sep 9, 5:32 PM

Poll: » Yoru no Kurage wa Oyogenai Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 22

192 by ProofByColor »»
Sep 8, 3:41 PM

Poll: » Yoru no Kurage wa Oyogenai Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 15

112 by Ashhk »»
Aug 24, 12:05 AM

Poll: » Yoru no Kurage wa Oyogenai Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 8

134 by Ashhk »»
Aug 23, 11:35 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.