Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (14) « First ... « 11 12 [13] 14 »
Feb 18, 2015 4:30 AM

Aug 2012
It's all very clear when you've read the visual novel. And reading the visual novel first is highly recommended.
I'm reading Fate Zero light novel now. Didn't know about its existence before watching a few episodes of the anime.
Feb 18, 2015 5:01 AM
Sleepy

Nov 2014
I started watching "Fate" with F/Z because I saw recommendation that I can start with Stay/Night or Zero and it doesnt make much difference. Is it really that bad? Because to be honest I'm not confused or anything during the first half of Fate/Zero
Feb 18, 2015 5:04 AM

Aug 2014
Macedon said:
I started watching "Fate" with F/Z because I saw recommendation that I can start with Stay/Night or Zero and it doesnt make much difference. Is it really that bad? Because to be honest I'm not confused or anything during the first half of Fate/Zero

That comes in the second half, mostly the last few episodes. And yeah some things are spoilers, and that will become clear once you watch F/SN's later parts, particularly Heaven's Feel.
Feb 18, 2015 5:43 AM
Sleepy

Nov 2014
Insertanamehere said:

That comes in the second half, mostly the last few episodes. And yeah some things are spoilers, and that will become clear once you watch F/SN's later parts, particularly Heaven's Feel.

That's a shame. Are these a huge spoilers? Or rather details?
Feb 18, 2015 5:46 AM

Aug 2014
Macedon said:
Insertanamehere said:

Some major, some minor.
Feb 18, 2015 5:52 AM
Sleepy

Nov 2014
Okay, thank you. You seem to know a lot about Fate, so I have another question for you. After finishing Fate/Zero I'm planning to watch Stay Night but I read that 2014 version is much better. Is it true? Plus it's this one, right?[url] www.myanimelist.net/anime/22297/Fate/stay_night:_Unlimited_Blade_Works_(TV) [/url] I'm asking because number of Fate series is quite confusing.

Yeah I mess up bbcode as always. Sorry
Feb 18, 2015 6:02 AM

Aug 2014
UBW 2014 is an adaptation of a different route to 2006. Where 2014 adapts the Unlimited Blade Works route, the 2006 series technically adapts the Fate route. However, amongst the fanbase it's usually agreed that 2006 was a mess with it merging in parts from other routes and adding in anime original scenes/altering things, and was in general a bad adaptation, failing at the story and butchering the characters.

It's best to pass it over or at least watch it after the UBW series of 2014 and the Heaven's Feel Movies (http://myanimelist.net/anime.php?id=25537) coming out after the UBW tv series, while keeping in mind that 2006 is not an accurate portrayal of F/SN, if you should so choose to watch it.

You can defer future questions here, there are more people around to answer;
http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1292653&show=0
Feb 18, 2015 6:06 AM
Sleepy

Nov 2014
Thank you so much for help :) I appreciate it
Feb 18, 2015 6:21 AM

Aug 2014
Not a problem.
Feb 22, 2015 10:30 AM

Jul 2007
Macedon said:
Insertanamehere said:

You are spoiled on ~90% of EVERY SINGLE THING in FSN.

First episode of Zero alone spoils HUGE SHIT (ex: Sakura being anything more than random normal human classmate in FSN)

You literally are unspoiled on ONE SINGLE plot twist. Everything else is spoiled by Zero because Zero assumes you are reading/watching it after FSN visual novel.
Mar 6, 2015 2:41 PM

Feb 2013
Seeing all the hype on MAL I finally started this one, yey! So far looks very interesting let's see ~~

Mar 6, 2015 6:11 PM
Jun 2014
badwolf45f said:
Seeing all the hype on MAL I finally started this one, yey! So far looks very interesting let's see ~~

http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1286059
Mar 6, 2015 6:15 PM

Dec 2013
badwolf45f said:

Well, I'm glad you're enjoying it. I hope you have fun (:
Mar 7, 2015 2:33 AM

Jul 2007
badwolf45f said:
Congrats on spoiling yourself on ~99% of EVERYTHING AND ANYTHING in FSNUBW.
http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1286059
AhenshihaelMar 7, 2015 4:29 AM
Mar 7, 2015 2:36 AM

Apr 2014
CookingPriest said:
badwolf45f said:
Congrats on spoiling yourself on ~99% of EVERYTHING AND ANYTHING in FSNUBW.

Who cares? Fsn isn't that good anyway.
Mar 16, 2015 10:02 AM

Jul 2014
This was a damn long starting episode, but liked it.
That scene with the bugs though, that was sad.
But, i like the anime c:
Apr 6, 2015 10:56 PM

Mar 2013
I knew this was good but not to such a extent! All the characters are damn interesting! 48 minutes felt like 10. I'm glad I finally decided to watch this after getting a recommendation for it twice a day. Yay!
HeiizeApr 6, 2015 11:06 PM
Apr 16, 2015 9:02 PM

Jun 2012
First series I will ever re-watch, boy how I've missed this series. It's been nearly 3 years.l

May 8, 2015 3:14 AM

Apr 2013
Great start, though I forgot a lot of names after watching the 2006 F/SN. But I think I got them right now after this episode ^^
The ending was pretty epic and Saber looks really good in this one.
Jun 2, 2015 1:43 PM

Jan 2013
Don't bother reading I've you haven't seen FSN

why does Zouken Matou say that it will be 30 years till the new Grail war While

Also:
At the castle of the Einzberg when emiya kritsugu and the Eizenberg bitch are kneeling the priest is talking about the 3rd route heavens feel? Why? What about it? I don't get it
olha2Jun 2, 2015 3:47 PM
Jun 2, 2015 2:44 PM

Aug 2014
Uh lol, ok

Heaven's Feel is also another name for the Grail War.
Jun 2, 2015 5:27 PM

Sep 2013
olha2 said:
At the castle of the Einzberg when emiya kritsugu and the Eizenberg bitch are kneeling the priest is talking about the 3rd route heavens feel? Why? What about it? I don't get it
Screenshot:

I'm not sure what's so hard to understand about that sentence. He just said what Heaven's Feel is. If you don't know what it means right now, you'll presumably find out later in the route that is named the same.
Jul 21, 2015 12:52 AM

Mar 2014
I have to say that was really entertaining, and I would definitely binge this series if not for it being almost 1 AM right now. This is my second time re-watching the first episode, although on the first time, I had no idea what to start with, and was completely lost. And so, I found it boring. After a few episodes of other branches, to help with some clarification, my opinion of this is very high.
Aug 31, 2015 10:41 PM

Jul 2014
so, this is my third time watching this episode, because I wanted to watch this series many times but never felt like it was the right time. Now, I am watching it after experiencing Fate/Stay Night and my mind is BLOWN.
Sakura...was Rin's sister?! Holy...and the shit she had to go through for the Matou family...fucking traumatic...its incredible that she grew up to be such a nice girl...
oh man, and little Rin is the same as ever xD
The summoning scene gave me unlimited chills for the third time in a row. I forgot how epic it was, especially with the soundtrack "Point Zero".
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 25, 2015 2:57 AM

Sep 2015
CapsuleCore said:
olha2 said:
Screenshot:

I'm not sure what's so hard to understand about that sentence. He just said what Heaven's Feel is. If you don't know what it means right now, you'll presumably find out later in the route that is named the same.

Well if you never read the V/N you won't really grasp what the Sorcery magics are or what the "Origin" is. I know I watched this first and then read the V/n and the first time I watched it those two things went over my head bc I didn't read the Vn. Rewatching it this episode was sweet watching Rin as a kid was awesome, she's as aggressive as in Fate lol.
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/QcK_Dagger_HeaT&sclick=1][IMG]
Nov 13, 2015 4:55 PM

May 2013
Absolutely badass episode. I'm glad I started watching this anime.

Nov 13, 2015 5:13 PM

Sep 2015
Great. Got me into it

Could have seriously gone without the loli bug scene but I suppose that's too much to ask from something adapted from an eroge :^)
Dec 5, 2015 3:10 PM

Jul 2012
This was a really nice setup episode. A few of the masters are really unique with their magic or how they do things like Kiritsugu with his more "modern" way of doing things. Looking forward to see how this plays out.
Dec 20, 2015 12:01 PM

Mar 2014
"Hevenzo fiiro" rofl
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Conversations with people pinging/quoting me to argue about some old post I wrote years ago will not be entertained
Feb 29, 2016 4:22 PM

Nov 2015
I'm finally re-waching this anime, after some time I first watched it and wow...
It is equally, no...even more amazing than the first time I watched it.
Visually speaking it's delightful, the sound, the music, voices, the pacing...
The excitement of watching the servants being summoned...

I never get tired of recommending this anime.
Yamafam94 said:
Great. Got me into it

Could have seriously gone without the loli bug scene but I suppose that's too much to ask from something adapted from an eroge :^)

Well, Fate/Zero is NOT eroge, Fate/Stay Night (Visual Novel) originally is but, that something I just ignore for my sake.
May 12, 2016 5:33 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Backdrop down, the actors behind him, begin to position their brands, leaving between viewing for their clothes, small physical and personal aspects, and in the end, the backdrop up begins the real battle, so this first episodeof Fate/Zero.

--
El telón bajado, los actores tras él, empiezan a posicionarse en sus marcas, dejando entre ver por sus ropajes, pequeños aspectos físicos y personales, y al final, se alza ese telón que da comienzo a la verdadera batalla, así es este primer episodio de Fate/Zero.
Aug 19, 2016 6:31 PM

Jul 2009
Finally started on Fate series. Plan on finishing this as well as UTW for sure!

Episode 1 for 47 minutes is crazy!!! Watching this on BD, animation is gorgeous as ever!

Lots of chatting and all, but can't wait for the most brutal moments!!

Off to a good start!
Oct 16, 2016 2:25 PM

Mar 2010
Incredibly slow but it blended in the hype for the holy grail war extremely well.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Dec 30, 2016 11:59 PM

Oct 2013
Music by LiSA? FOR SURE! LEGGO!
Apr 24, 2017 9:19 PM
Nov 2016
That. Was. Awesome
May 2, 2017 9:10 AM

May 2009
Damn, I can't comprehend why Fate/Stay Night was so boring. In contrast to this... An hour-long episode, full of talking and information feeding but... damn... This is one solid episode! :D I was satisfied that they covered the whole prologue + volume 1 for the first episode. :D 5/5

Though I don't think the song really suit the series... But it's good on its own. :D

“I despise common sense.
I’ve seen the world from every possible angle.
This cruel, ridiculous, beautiful world.”

- Lacie Baskerville

||||
Jun 17, 2017 2:05 PM

Jun 2013
I had a really bad time, even though I wanted to like it. It's not that I was bored. Rather completely alienated and apathetic, as everything felt so oppressively and uniformly grimdark. And after the whole thing with Sakura and the bugs, there was nothing I was able to focus on, I was so baffled and more than a little ticked off, as I felt it was an incredibly cheap and unnecessarily cruel way to create drama. I was utterly disconnected from everything on screen, even though I was paying attention.

But I see my mistake now. This thread made me realize that I was supposed to have read the VN to be able to appreciate Fate/Zero. I have seen F/SN 2006, but it seems like I was misinformed, or perhaps just mistaken in thinking it was going to be enough preparation. I guess I'll get back to this show once I've read the VN, if I ever get around to it. That's no guarantee that I'll automatically like this show but it'll be more likely at least.
LeeTailorJun 17, 2017 2:09 PM
Jun 29, 2017 2:27 AM

Sep 2014
Yosh!! I finally decided to give this gigantic fate series a try, I usually don't like these kind of anime but i had to say this first episode was quite intriguing. It explained alot of stuff and helped me understand alot of things. Now with such a nice start I'm really looking forward to following episodes.
Jan 2, 2018 2:54 PM

Aug 2013
Explains a lot of stuff, but lacks in atmosphere (I really hope that this part will improve)
and art quality. I guess the best option would be to read VNs, as always.
I'm pretty shocked how Sakura was 'trained' and why she was separated from Rin. Now that hugging scene in underground temple makes perfect sense.

alpir said:
2006 was awful. The animation was poor and the story was all over the place. I couldn't force myself to watch it.

Hmm. In audiovisual terms... Art in 2006 version was a lot better than everything which I just watched in this episode. Animation as well. A half of scenes here were extremely wooden, indoor scenery ugly as fuck and face animation typical for 3DCG animation (wooden as well).
Music was universes better in 2006 stay night.
rsc-plJan 2, 2018 3:10 PM
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Jan 10, 2018 9:54 PM
Jan 2018
I thought this anime was GREAT. Do you guys think they will add MHX to the anime. She’s so great and my waifu. I’m trying to decide if I should stick with her permanently or find someone else ;( :/ Help/Recommendations is appreciated
Apr 12, 2018 11:50 AM

Feb 2018
Wow this KICKED ASS!
Going to have to rewatch this first ep to get a hang of all the characters, but this was amazing.
Apr 23, 2018 8:14 PM
Apr 2017
Busy episode. Show looks promising enough.
Apr 27, 2018 12:24 PM

Sep 2017
I am not familiar with the fate/stay night and its franchises before, so Fate Zero is my first time introduced to the fate universe.

Nevertheless, good first episode, though a little long. So, the holy grail(an unknown entity) selects 7 magi(mages) in city of Fuyuki and grants them to choose Servants. The classes are Archer, Saber, Lancer, Rider, Assassin, Caster and Berserker.

Holy grail was found by the founding three families, 200 years ago, by Einsbern, Makiri and Tohsaka, which could grant any wish. But since it answered only one, all 3 went into war.

So, the 5 members are Tokiomi Tohsaka who uses jewel magic and fire mage(the bearded guy), Matou Kariya(The worm guy with vampire),Kayneth Archibald(expert in necromancy, summoning and alchemy), Emiya Kiritsugu/Einsbern(assassin), and Kotomine Kirei(expert in healing and divination and three other fields mentioned for Archibald).

The 6th member is Waver, who kills roosters to summon.

I like Iri. She reminds me of Darkness from Konosuba.

But Rin is showing thundra traits, which I hate.

So, Waver got Rider,
Tohsaka got Gilgamesh.
Matou Kariya got Berserker,who allows him to level up.
Einsbern got Saber, the supposedly strongest of all.

Kirei had Assassin before.

Let's see who gets caster and who gets lancer.

By the counter in the end, I estimate that the whole ordeal takes over 11 days and 5 hours.

Without change,we end up becoming the very person we hate.

I was dead until the moment I met you. I was a powerless corpse pretending to be alive. Living without power, without the ability to change my course, was bound to lead me to a slow death.

May 11, 2018 9:23 PM

Sep 2013
Great episode. I may need to watch it a second time through to really make sure I know who all the players are.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.
Oct 5, 2018 5:15 AM

Apr 2014
1 episode. 1 episode and its already much much better than FSN.

I only kept watching FSN because I heard this was worth it.
Nov 2, 2018 1:39 PM

Feb 2015
Oh boy, exciting stuff, I can't wait to know what happened 10 years before the events of Stay/Night.

Some serious heavens feel spoilers right off the bat... awesome (well maybe not for those who havent played it or watched the recent movie)

I guess i finally understand why Illya always called Shiro 'Onii-chan'

'I ask of you, are you my master?' gets me every time.

Its only the 1st episode but I'm pretty sure I'm going to like it because one... THE ANIMATION... and two, it'll answer any lingering questions I've always had about Stay/Night's past.
Jan 19, 2019 2:31 AM
Jul 2018
Loved it! It was long but really good, and not that hard to follow as people make it out to be, but then again I did watch FSN before it, so I already knew how things work, and the major players in the war.
Mar 16, 2019 10:18 PM

Mar 2018
Amazing visuals and some great emotional attachments add up for a really promising series! It was a little bit complicated at times though.
May 1, 2019 4:28 PM

Sep 2014
Illyas mom is top MILF material. Beautiful as always.

smoll Rin is cute but her inherent tsundere shows

Also, I read one too many doujinshis to not get absolutely disgusted by the bug scene with the little girl.

This is also the first time seeing the real Saber for me.

And now my real FATE experience starts, only watched Prisma Illya so far.
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Jun 10, 2019 12:41 AM

Dec 2018
Lol when they're talking about Holy Grail and start circling Kirei.

Waver resembles Furuta (TG) a lot. And not caring about her parents, resembles him more.
He who smiles in a crisis has found someone to blame.
Pages (14) « First ... « 11 12 [13] 14 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Favorite female character in fate universe?

Ain2Zwei - May 21

38 by JohnZ_GGs »»
1 hour ago

» I'm not interested in the fate series at all but

mydaddy - Apr 26

19 by Ashikhi »»
May 25, 5:39 AM

» The ufotable Production

BigHomieTrapa - Apr 11

2 by Alexioos95 »»
Apr 15, 1:53 AM

Poll: » Fate/Zero Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

a6342164 - Oct 29, 2011

459 by JacobRitacco »»
Mar 15, 12:23 AM

» Who's your favorite servant?

Ms_Muffin - Feb 19

47 by JohnZ_GGs »»
Feb 28, 5:46 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.