Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
A Sign of Affection
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Mar 3, 1:40 AM
Mar 2018
Great episode! I didn't expect Rin to make so much progress with Kyouya so quick. I did feel kinda sad for her coworker (I remember finding him cute the first time they showed him).

Itsuomi undressing in front of Yuki was a funny moment, but I find it hard to believe he wouldn't know she'd be so flustered; I half expected her to faint! XD

Oushi's storyline is still depression central, I hope he gets to take some steps forward soon, the poor guy.
Mar 3, 3:15 AM
Feb 2024
Everything was so cute and wholesome, still I'm sad for Oshi, he is a good guy he deserves someone that loves him. Sill Itsuomi and Yuki are meant to be
Mar 3, 4:34 AM
Oct 2019
Let's go Rin x Kyouya ❤

Nah What is Oushi trying to achieve here?
Here comes the Drama.
Mar 3, 9:36 AM
Nov 2022
Bruh, so Rin and the other guy are already a couple or something? I didn't understand that part xd.
Mar 3, 9:56 AM

Mar 2022
Enjoying this a lot! Though I can not make my mind up whether to feel sorry for Oushi or annoyed, so on the fence about him. Depends on his action in the future I guess, though in all fairness his actions are quite human.
Mar 3, 11:34 AM

Apr 2017
Oshi got nothing coming his way, the audacity to call her now that he knows she's truly never gonna be his girl.
Mar 3, 1:41 PM

Nov 2013
Hopefully Oushi will give up towards the end of the season. Always pain to watch'em suffer.
Mar 3, 4:17 PM

Apr 2012
I started to find myself thinking that it surprises me when relationships in this anime start without drama or unrequited crush. Also, I’ve been wanting to ask for a long time. Will Yuki and Rin become sisters in law in the future if their boyfriends and potential husbands are cousins?
Mar 3, 6:10 PM
Mar 2022
Reply to RobertBobert
I started to find myself thinking that it surprises me when relationships in this anime start without drama or unrequited crush. Also, I’ve been wanting to ask for a long time. Will Yuki and Rin become sisters in law in the future if their boyfriends and potential husbands are cousins?
@RobertBobert
RobertBobert said:
Will Yuki and Rin become sisters in law in the future if their boyfriends and potential husbands are cousins?

I guess so??? 😭
Mar 4, 1:56 AM

Mar 2011
This episode felt so short. Like 2 minutes. And I loved every second of it (almost. Except for Oshi acting immature again which might be continued in the next episode but I don't want to think about it right now).

This was so wholesome and beautiful. Of course I love our main couple but I'm so happy and hyped that my personal ship is finally sailing. Rin x Kyoya FTW <3. At first I was worreid because of Rin's colleague but it actually helped them. They are probably my favorite supporting character pairing of all time. But poor Rin hurting herself in the process. I understand because it's nerve-wrecking to confess to your crush. But I'm so happy Kyoya likes her too.

It was really nice to see all of them putting in effort to learn sign language. And I have to say that I love Yuki's and Rin's friendship.

Itsu and Yuki are always so cute together. It makes me feel warm and cozy. She also looked really cute in his sweater. I hope she can find a job to save money and travel with Itsu.

This anime is such a gem and the vibes are unbeatable. I'm so glad I came across this anime ♥ (only 3 episodes left TT___TT)
You're the light shining over The black and gloomy nights
So long I've been waiting To run into your arms
Oh, my only one desire You're the one I need
Through the thousand years ~ Evermore

"Midnight Sun" by AleXa

Mar 4, 1:58 AM

Mar 2011
Reply to RobertBobert
@RobertBobert There are enough unrequited crushes in real life, so we don't need that. I've never been so happy about a non-main ship sailing :)
You're the light shining over The black and gloomy nights
So long I've been waiting To run into your arms
Oh, my only one desire You're the one I need
Through the thousand years ~ Evermore

"Midnight Sun" by AleXa

Mar 4, 2:05 AM
Dec 2022
This episode gives a high school vibe with the sign language camp outing. Plus the tent reminds one of the Laid-Back Camp aka Yuru Camp anime. Wholesome and so relaxing.

Glad to see Kyouya and Rin finally 'confessed' their fondness of each other. Funny scene there too. Sorry to see Oushi has to hear that he may have lose out in asking Yuki out but then he had so many chances in the past and his attitude not endearing him to Yuki.
Mar 4, 2:06 AM
Dec 2022
Reply to kisaragi_eki
I'm speechless-
Wow..we get to see itsuomi shirtless and itsuomi abs...😩
Itsuomi is hot AF!!!! 😩🔥
Such a really great episode!!

@kisaragi_eki Itsuomi so casully just taking off his clothes with Yuki right next to him. Lol
Mar 4, 5:40 PM

Jul 2016
Why was Kyouya talking as if he were 40 and divorced? "At my age, this kind of things..." Dude, you can't even handle seeing MCs acting lovey-dovey. Come on.

That aside, I'm particularly interested in next episode since the show will finally focus on the only character worth exploring.
Mar 5, 2:54 AM
Dec 2014
Personally, i'm not attracted to the couple between Rin and Kyouya, i don't find any type of chemistry un them
Mar 5, 6:26 AM

Jun 2021
Kyouya and Rin, I am so happy for them!!!
And damn, where was Itsuomi hiding that killer smile all this time huh
Mar 7, 1:14 PM

Nov 2013
Reply to Dan_ALves
Do you think Itusomi should answer Oushi's call? It's definitely for him, since there's no point calling Yuki.
@Dan_ALves it was a video call, he can communicate with Yuuki through signs lol and yeah, would be interesting if he picked the call, similar to how he sent him off at the train station before

----

another outing with the 4 friends
i like how some of the signs are the kanji , like rock and river lol
we can see how happy Yuki is that her friends are learning the sign language with her
the 2nd pair is official now, nice
the time was going great, but Rin had to get hurt and go back home, meh
Yuki is at Itsuomi's house again, look at how flustered she was when he took off his shirt lmao
lastly, Oushi and his sister(?) talking about Yuki, and he decided to call her, but bad timing lol i wonder if Itsuomi will pick the phone and tell him to shut up, or if he will just ignore it
fav "new" girls from spring <3 ... click sig for older seasons and more possible picks
Mar 7, 1:50 PM
Dec 2019
Poor Oushi but Itsu-kun is so sweet, aaah >~<
Mar 7, 3:54 PM
May 2022
Reply to winddevil1
@Dan_ALves it was a video call, he can communicate with Yuuki through signs lol and yeah, would be interesting if he picked the call, similar to how he sent him off at the train station before

----

another outing with the 4 friends
i like how some of the signs are the kanji , like rock and river lol
we can see how happy Yuki is that her friends are learning the sign language with her
the 2nd pair is official now, nice
the time was going great, but Rin had to get hurt and go back home, meh
Yuki is at Itsuomi's house again, look at how flustered she was when he took off his shirt lmao
lastly, Oushi and his sister(?) talking about Yuki, and he decided to call her, but bad timing lol i wonder if Itsuomi will pick the phone and tell him to shut up, or if he will just ignore it
winddevil1 said:

Oh, it was a video call? I didn´t noticed. In that case, I don´t think Itsuomi should pick up the phone, as much as he might want to. But I´m really eager to see how the conversation goes, if he ends up picking up the phone.
Mar 8, 1:46 PM
Sep 2021
Sweet episode as always, looking forward to the next episode.
Mar 9, 6:57 AM

Jul 2017
The sign language training boot camp in full preparation, Yuki and Rin are still preparing for theirs with the money through their part-time jobs, and Rin does have an interest with Tsujimura, though Kyouya is her main priority. Yuki flustered for a moment sitting beside Itsuomi who's in the driver's seat, and playing a Wish Word Chain between the 4, and his wish for both himself and Yuki to travel abroad, that's a wish right there. What fun learning sign language and having a picnic at the same time, Itsuomi's quite the thriller, and boyfriend material as well in front of both Rin and Kyouya, who find them quite bold. And a call from Tsujimura, Rin has no chance but to make it clear that she has eyes for him and him only. It's pretty much a date between both the main and supporting couple, and it's sweet as heck.

Yuki waiting on Madoka to give her an update on her job, Itsuomi helps her calm her nervousness down, and like before, he gives her a signal when he's about to kiss her, which he did. Too bad that Rin broke her angle on the way back, and they have to send their things packing, because Kyouya felt the same being jealous about Rin, which she casually broke all hell loose twisting her ankle. Not to worry, they can always have another time together, even in sickness and health. Both Itsuomi and Yuki together at the former's place, and she's still uncomfortable seeing him undress, though she saw his sign language notebook with all the notes.

With Mio sighting Yuki and Itsuomi together, it's pain to see her own brother be left in the lurch...so what's he to do?
Mar 10, 8:37 AM

Feb 2019
I'm glad there's development on the Kyouya x Rin front ^^ Happy for them, especially for Rin!
Mar 11, 12:26 AM
Apr 2023
Love how Itsuomi and Yuki graduallly open up to each other and treat each other with such importance and respect. So happy for their friends too !!
Mar 12, 9:58 AM

Nov 2011
Oushi, video call, seriously? Does he want to see if they are tgoether right now? xp
Mar 12, 3:33 PM

Feb 2021
Reply to Epiroogu
Oushi, video call, seriously? Does he want to see if they are tgoether right now? xp
@Epiroogu, no, he likes Yuki, that is why.
Mar 13, 1:54 PM

Nov 2011
Reply to Memore
@Epiroogu, no, he likes Yuki, that is why.
@Memore well i was wondering why he calls Itsu but
;)
Mar 13, 7:59 PM

Mar 2008
Heh Yuki and Rin afraid of the little frog is cute. I mean frogs are cute but I can kinda get it someone would be afraid of them jumping on them.

Kyouka and Rin actually getting together is nice development. Good for them. Poor Rin-chan slipping up on those river rocks but hey it kinda plays in her favour.

Lol Itsuomi just starting to strip. Not sure if he does this kind of stuff on purpose or if he just became dense after all his traveling where he doesnt have any boundaries.

I feel kinda bad for Oushi but holy fuck trying to video call Yuki probably to interrogate her in sign lol
Mar 17, 8:38 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
I support Ashioki, although the date was cool!
kekeke
Mar 19, 9:29 AM
Feb 2015
Why every couple is so damn adorable, Yuki and Rinchan with their own pairing. I like how they don't beat around the bush, no unnecessary drama. Straight up to the romance. But oushi video calling will cause something to happen in next episode maybe
Mar 23, 7:03 AM

Oct 2017
The camp was cut short but well they are staying the night together. Doubt anything will happen but hey there's always a chance ig if the mood gets going.
Mar 25, 6:23 PM
Mar 2019
Feelings are coming out in the open. That's the effect Yuki, and Itsuomi have on everyone around them. hihi
Mar 30, 5:32 PM
Nov 2021
I love that there was a very cute lovelove happening with the girl bestfriend as well. I LOVE IT SO MUCHHHHH. Im such a sucker for love teams <3
Mar 31, 1:48 PM

May 2020
A says something-> B gets red->Process repeats itself 

Really though, A could be either of the guy, the main one or his friend who tries to sound apathetic about dating girls, and similarly, B could be either of the girls, Yuki or her friend. 

Not a bad thing, but that's all there is to it lol. Also, that childhood friend still wants something?
Apr 12, 11:49 PM
May 2023
rin and kyoya >_____<
Apr 14, 11:53 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
The Rin x Kyouya ship is almost becoming real, Rin got wounded so they had to give up with the mountain camp sadly :( Oushi calling Itsuomi at the end smells drama :S
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yubisaki to Renren Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 23

199 by hanakocheeks »»
Yesterday, 4:12 AM

Poll: » Yubisaki to Renren Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Phloup - Dec 31, 2023

337 by jilebi_james23 »»
Jun 22, 1:20 PM

Poll: » Yubisaki to Renren Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 10

144 by japanese_god »»
Jun 18, 4:42 AM

Poll: » Yubisaki to Renren Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 9

138 by Hazamelis »»
Jun 15, 6:57 AM

Poll: » Yubisaki to Renren Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 24

108 by pillowofwinds »»
Jun 5, 1:37 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.