Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Feb 2, 7:53 PM

Sep 2013
glad we got to se Stark at the end there. great combat sequences this episode and more info on serie. liked denken's character.
sic mundus
Feb 2, 7:53 PM
Handler One

Jan 2023
DENKEN GOT HANDS.

"You fought to the end. You survived. That's why you're here now. I think that's something you should be more proud of."
- Vladilena Milizé
Feb 2, 8:33 PM
Nov 2019
I expected Denken to last longer against Frieren longer than he did, but I also wasn’t expecting him to throw hands once he was out of mana. So overall he left a positive impression.

Feb 2, 8:34 PM
Jul 2019
best anime of all time
Feb 2, 8:51 PM
Oct 2019
liked so much this episode was the climax satisfa
Feb 2, 9:46 PM
Jan 2024
absolute cinema fr
Feb 2, 10:04 PM

Mar 2020
Frieren's fight against Denken reaches a boiling point, and the first part of the exam comes to an end...

This was probably the best episode of the mage exam arc so far, as the action picked up immensely and looked amazing, with Frieren unleashing her insane power to break the barrier. I will say that this series hasn't handled dialogue all too well this arc, maybe because of the change to more of an action-oriented style for this part of the story, but it didn't feel as dragged this time around, which was good. All in all, a very climactic end to the first part of the exam, and surely more action lies ahead.

Not gonna lie, I really miss Stark, so that last scene with him at the bar was nice to see, though he must be lonely with Frieren and Fern not by his side. Hang in there dude!
Feb 2, 10:10 PM
Apr 2023
Another epic episode.
I can't believe we are running out of episodes as we are down to the last 7 ones, but I know we won't be disappointed until the end.
Feb 2, 10:39 PM

Mar 2021
nothing less than mind blowing!! Calling this beautiful is an understatement!!

Serie sounding like a mommy was a surprise, I was expecting a loli like voice, something like Aura's voice, given her strature.
Feb 2, 10:42 PM
Apr 2023
it crossed my mind that Frieren was going to kill grandfather but he didn't, Stark was a rebel....
Feb 2, 10:45 PM
Feb 2021
Amazing. frieren destroy barrier scene is beatiful
Feb 2, 10:57 PM
Aug 2018
This show is just awesome. Frieren is my favorite character in anime right now. She's so cool!
Feb 2, 10:58 PM
Oct 2018
Frieren breaking the barrier shows the other mages just how awesome she is. Also Denken pulling out the good old fisticuffs is for some reason hilarious to me.
Feb 2, 11:19 PM

Jul 2019
It's getting kinda irritating on how the majority of mage are so fond in underestimating someone's power.
Feb 2, 11:29 PM
Jul 2023
This arc seems so much worse than the first part of the show for me. Hopefully this is just a first exam thing
Feb 2, 11:40 PM

Apr 2022
Yup, amazing episode.

As a rule I don’t like tournament and exam arcs, but damn, this show obviously would be the one that made me change my mind on that lol
Feb 3, 12:12 AM
Oct 2020
one of the best episode
Feb 3, 12:12 AM

May 2015
And of course they are chatting away again during battle as if they were sipping tea and lazing around on a sunny afternoon in a parlor. And of course all the while looking cool is the most important thing.
Feb 3, 12:22 AM
Apr 2023
It's crazy how they do the details in this anime from denken catch ritcher with his leg, the way kanne controll the water makes look so heavy. They also show a party member that death before showing defeated party.

Also the story is consistent, as a flamme student, who mastered barrier magic, of course frieren can analyze the barrier.

But I'm curious abt frieren that will she really can't win against mage that can control magic while rainning.

Denken motivation is just strong as hell, no wonder he become imperial mage

Last.. starkkk i miss him lmao. Imagine he meet ubel I want see fern reaction haha
Feb 3, 12:29 AM

Nov 2020
Reply to Ishitateso
And of course they are chatting away again during battle as if they were sipping tea and lazing around on a sunny afternoon in a parlor. And of course all the while looking cool is the most important thing.
@Ishitateso Richter talked during the fight because he didn't want to kill the girls, it was "babysitting" then when Denken lost there was no more talk
Feb 3, 12:46 AM

Mar 2008
That was some good fights this ep.

I know it seems so obvious now but I never thought Frieren would try to break the barrier and succeed at that. Plus that was pretty looking animation how it broke.

Lol Denken had a fist fight. I hope that actually gets shown later, that would be fun.
Feb 3, 1:19 AM

Dec 2018
lol "we settle this with our fists"
old man is a cool dude even if i don't like him. is anyone under the impression that this isn't AOTY? this shit is fire.
Feb 3, 1:24 AM

Nov 2023
Good episode; the action scenes were nice, and there were some cool moments.

Frieren vs. Denken was a quick fight, as you can tell by their difference in power. Frieren swept.

Lawine and Kanne's fight was troublesome at first, until Frieren destroyed the entire barrier, making them use their water spells.

I honestly forgot Stark was still here. I mean, at least he got some alone time.
Feb 3, 1:35 AM

Sep 2013
Frieren is so strong. I really wished to see more of her power, but thats the thing, she is so strong she doesn't need to show it off. Amazing!
Feb 3, 1:43 AM
Aug 2021
amazing fights, wonderful animation, overall still a great show
Feb 3, 1:59 AM
Nov 2023
Frieren's magic is really beautiful!!!
Feb 3, 2:06 AM

May 2021
Replayed the scene of Frieren destroying the barrier at least five times. It's incredible, the effect that a good OST can have on a scene.

Also, Denken got 'em hands boi.

Feb 3, 2:08 AM
Jan 2019
I really like the decision of Denken settling it with a fist. I really thought he was a true Bastard Villain type of enemy that will pull out a gun in a knife fight.
Feb 3, 2:12 AM

Oct 2007
"but she planned to hurt you without killing you" - I'm surprised Frieren was gonna torture the old man, if Laufen did not show up with the bird. Well, good thing Laufen seems to be a kind-hearted person, tried to rescue the old man, but she failed to escape.

anyway, Frieren is amazing as always. That arrogant guy drinking tea did not expect the barrier to be broken.

did Denken do some street fighting in his younger years? lol. If this was Ragnarok Online, he would be a mage who put some points in STR. Looks like he won the street fight. Although he seems to have hurt his arm? From a distance, we see Laufen bandaging his arm.
Feb 3, 2:21 AM
Mar 2020
What a trash episode
Feb 3, 2:27 AM
Apr 2023
i still don't understand why this trash show is the best anime of all time fuck NO
Feb 3, 2:38 AM

May 2015
This show is so awesome. Denken really created a tornado and then set it on fire to try to defeat Frieren. It didn't work but it was a cool attempt. The power system being based off imagination makes me think of how busted a modern day person with all of his fictional ideas would be here. Kid imagination games quickly get absurd.
Feb 3, 2:55 AM
Mar 2020
Denken and two fisted action!
Feb 3, 2:58 AM
Jan 2013
Reply to Ishitateso
@Ishitateso And every time it's been done, the characters give us a reason why they stall. lugner was arrogant, wirbel doesn't want to kill, Richter was babysitting/told not to kill them, land was talking to distract while he casted illusion magic. We also have plenty of examples where characters don't talk while fighting. I don't really see the problem when frieren handles this better than almost every other battle anime.
Feb 3, 3:05 AM
Mar 2022
Reply to targetbruteforce
It's crazy how they do the details in this anime from denken catch ritcher with his leg, the way kanne controll the water makes look so heavy. They also show a party member that death before showing defeated party.

Also the story is consistent, as a flamme student, who mastered barrier magic, of course frieren can analyze the barrier.

But I'm curious abt frieren that will she really can't win against mage that can control magic while rainning.

Denken motivation is just strong as hell, no wonder he become imperial mage

Last.. starkkk i miss him lmao. Imagine he meet ubel I want see fern reaction haha
@reinfich23 Remember that Frieren has said that she lost 6 times to human. If Frieren encounters the rain control magic for the first time, she may really lose. But if she knows this magic beforehand, she definitely can develop a method to resolve it. In the latter story, we can see more how Frieren resolves the magics with her analysis skills, like the barrier this time.
Feb 3, 3:14 AM
Jan 2022
fire, good, frieren diff, l + ratio old guy
Feb 3, 3:41 AM
Oct 2023
super epic frieren battle lmao
Feb 3, 4:30 AM

Oct 2008
oh my god! another blazing EPIC episode!
everything that Frieren the Slayer does seems like it was effortless for her!
5/5.

Feb 3, 4:59 AM
Apr 2021
this episode meets expectations, masterpiece 10/10. bgm and scene fight is so nice and beautiful
Feb 3, 5:00 AM

Sep 2016
Reply to cxvfsdfrvgrd
i still don't understand why this trash show is the best anime of all time fuck NO
@cxvfsdfrvgrd this has to be the same person with his two alts lmao, both of them rate every show other than fmab and bleach 1
Feb 3, 5:19 AM
Oct 2016
Quite refreshing and interesting. No a bug plot but it kept the same level as previous eps.
Feb 3, 5:39 AM

May 2015
Reply to memori01
Sousou no Frieren Episode 21

• "The pursuit of magic itself"
  • Is Serie a guy???
  • Frieren breaking the supposed to be an unbreakable barrier is so epic.
  • Old man Denken is a chad. His reason for wanting to be a first mage is to be allowed to visit his hometown's cemetery is such a noble desire. Plus, he had a fistfight and won.
  • Laufen is so pure.
  • Kanne and Lawine have a great synergy. Kanne is indeed powerful when she has access to immense water like rain.
  • Fern's spell to see through clothes is OP, it even frightened Ubel.
  • After a few episodes without him, we finally got a screen time of Stark inside a bar in the middle of the night realizing that Fern was not there to scold him made him happy, and that thought scares him.

@memori01 Serie is a woman
Feb 3, 6:12 AM
Oct 2021
Friern s so powerful, damnn
Feb 3, 6:26 AM

Jun 2016
even frieren stronger than shieri !!

this episode is lit and banger !!!
Feb 3, 7:03 AM

Jan 2022
Reply to Kintamaman
@memori01 what do you mean if Serie is a guy lol it was explicitly said she's a woman. plus she has boobs.

@Kintamaman Ah, I missed that part. Thanks for clarifying.
Feb 3, 7:04 AM

Jan 2022
Reply to billybub
@memori01 Serie is a woman
@billybub Nice, thanks for clarifying.
Feb 3, 7:09 AM

May 2015
Denken put too much mana.
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Feb 3, 7:16 AM
Jun 2007
Ah Frieren point blank attack, Denken overwhelmed by basic attacks.
Frieren broke unbreakable barrier.
Good to end the episode with "fist fight" haha
Feb 3, 7:26 AM
Sep 2021
Amazing frieren is really a great mage, the fights were good. Enjoyed the magic in this episode.
Feb 3, 8:03 AM
Nov 2023
Fireee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» most likely different staff and studio as other anime like dungeon meshi, kaiju 8, mushoku tensei already have sequels fast

deg - Today

21 by Lightsrevenge »»
3 hours ago

Poll: » Sousou no Frieren Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 8

508 by Arxanum »»
9 hours ago

Poll: » Most Hype Moment?

kingsley_017 - Yesterday

25 by SillySkull525 »»
11 hours ago

Poll: » Sousou no Frieren Episode 28 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Mar 22

856 by Vindicater »»
Yesterday, 8:29 PM

» Different Studio?

infinite_Shadows - Jun 27

48 by Scyon »»
Yesterday, 8:25 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.