Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums

Sokushi Cheat ga Saikyou sugite, Isekai no Yatsura ga Marude Aite ni Naranai n desu ga. Episode 1 Discussion

New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jan 4, 7:59 AM

Nov 2011
Pretty typical fantasy/isekai show. Characters like Yogiri and Tomochika makes their appearances. Sion also makes an impression with her commanding presence.

There are some magic and spells being shown off although the most noticable is Tomochika just being tougher than anyone else. I guess the show lives up to its title so far. An average start imo.
Jan 4, 8:00 AM

Jul 2017
Author Tsuyoshi Fujitaka's completed 14-volume LN generic work here just reminds you so much about Arifureta, in the same literate copy-paste sense.

Hilcrhyme's kinda hip-hop OP...IDK, but it just felt weird. Even Anna Suzuki's debut ED tries to be all hip, but it kinda fails at doing that.

For Yogiri Takatou, reliving his memories while being awakened by Tomochika Dannoura to have a wyvern attack the bus they're in, and thanks to her caressing her boobs on him, he does the one thing he knows best: flex his power...then continue playing his game like what he saw, never happened.

Apparently, their bus got Isekai-ed while on the way to their trip, to be met by the sage Shion who requires them to be sages, granting almost everyone a "Battle Song" of their Gifts...all in the span of a month. Needless to say, people like Dannoura, Ayaka Shinozaki and Yuuichiro Kiryuu didn't get that power, and suddenly throwing them a mission to defeat a dragon, it leaves them vulnerable in the midst of the rest granted a Gift, leaving them as decoys. Which...is where lands both Takatou and Dannoura alive with both Ayaka and Kiryuu dead, though their classmates could care less about them either way.

For the ones who returned: Daimon Hanakawa, Ryousuke Higashida and Yoshiaki Fukuhara, it's clear that they came back to get her, though Takatou's ability to "Instant Kill at Any Target" with a sound of his breath, that makes him one of the most broken Isekai protagonists ever. Even more so, he can sense intents for people to kill him...which if they were adventurers and manage to make it back to their normal life before, then there's definitely a way back home.

Takatou is definitely protecting Dannoura who has no Gift, though he's partially confined to her soft boobs. As for Shion, her right-hand man Youichi giving a status report on the deaths and completion of the first mission, she did not expect an Instant Kill power, though at this beginning stage, it's nothing to worry about.

Not very optimistic for what to see going forward...
KANLen09Jan 4, 11:56 PM
Jan 4, 8:29 AM

Dec 2021
Okuruto Noboru is at it again with another isekai, and you know what? It actually seems pretty good.

Yogiri Takatou wakes up in the middle of chaos and destruction during a school trip. He then he realizes his whole class has been whisked away to another world. What's crazy is that he slept through the whole thing and missed out on getting these cool powers (Gift) that everyone else got from a mysterious Sage. To top it off, he and another classmate are ditched by their so-called friends to serve as dragon bait. While Yogiri isn't too bothered by the idea of biting the dust, he reluctantly steps up to protect his only companion.

So, unlike the usual isekai protagonists, this guy decides to poke fun at the whole trope instead of falling into it. His power is pretty straightforward – if he wants something gone, it just bites the dust, no drama. Surprisingly, the fan service I was expecting didn't happen in the episode. Instead, when Dannoura starts speculating that Yogiri saved her for some typical isekai reason like her looks, he casually mentions it's because her boobs were soft, leading her to declare there's no decent man in the world. The animation is solid, handling the magical and mystical stuff well. And even though the main character can wrap up a fight in an instant, the combat scenes are pretty satisfying to watch.

It's funny how I was so sure this series would be just average, but within minutes, I'm totally convinced otherwise.

Jan 4, 9:02 AM
Jan 2017
Pacing is bad, animation is bad, story is bad, music is bad. Everything about doesn't have any passable traits, It's just a edgy anime for moody teenagers.
Jan 4, 9:05 AM
Jul 2023
Initial thought: generic Isekai at it finest.

The lack of situational gravity really bother me, some aspects are briefly explain yes, but most of it treated as inconsequential.

Transported to another world yet barely reacting to the fact, even with prior experiences, it should still warrant some remarks.

Hopefully things will be more nuanced in the future. If not, this series gonna get stale fast.
Jan 4, 9:08 AM
May 2021
Feels like a plot written by a 10 year old kid lol. The comedy is so bad, such lame humour. And those killing scenes are censored bruhh, animation average af. I don't know what to feel about this show lmao. Only interesting stuff is his ability
Jan 4, 9:13 AM
Sep 2015
I'm pretty sure there will be a group of audience that like this anime. Sadly I'm not in that group, at least for now.
Jan 4, 9:15 AM

Jul 2020
idk, seemed really funny to me. I didn't expect much from this show and the first ep turned out much better than I'd expected
Jan 4, 9:24 AM

Apr 2022
a comedy tag is very much needed here
Jan 4, 9:28 AM

Mar 2021
Fairly average opening episode for this Isekai hoping it gets a bit better from here as at the moment it's just too generic
Jan 4, 9:28 AM
Dec 2022
your typical isekai if you ask me. I've watched so many isekais but this was a great start? well, it'll probably be okay from now on.
Jan 4, 9:34 AM

Jan 2008
Having read its manga I more or less already expected another trashy quality isekai, both visually and story wise, but what I did not expect was them to censor some of the deaths. Wow, how lame, it's not even that graphic.
Jan 4, 9:42 AM

Oct 2017
MC ability is literally instant death, the most OP power? Classmates are garbage, wonder if they'll all end up dead. Atleast that general guy should. The sage woman is annoying too. Seems like an average isekai anime. Btw both OP/ED were nice. Hilcrhyme's anime songs are in general pretty good.
Jan 4, 9:46 AM
Oct 2021
Not off to a good start when every character shown but the MC is annoying as well as visually boring.
Jan 4, 9:46 AM

Jul 2015
This will completely break powerscaling community.

Jan 4, 9:47 AM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
well this has my interest, at least hes not a swordsmen and its a whole class isekai

also the villain was female
Jan 4, 9:53 AM
May 2021
first episode was fine to me. it seems like your typical isekai with an overpowered mc, which i do enjoy when done right. the op was so good though, i really liked it. im not going to want to skip it
My 2023 candies:
Jan 4, 9:55 AM

Mar 2021
those gore censorhips are real eyesores!!
Jan 4, 9:56 AM
Oct 2023
It's really good finally a worthy opponent for Saitama and worthy friend for light yagami
Jan 4, 9:59 AM
Apr 2020
So basically, he's not invincible right, he can't stop incoming attack like if there's a hidden attack or when he wants to talk with the opponent but the attack is already launch, cuz it doesn't seem like he know how fast the opponent can launch a punch, at least for now. I hope they made it clear in the future, its not fun if he and her get lucky all the time (plot armor).

Jan 4, 10:04 AM

Apr 2020
Wtf did I just watched?
Nina supporter for life💕
Jan 4, 10:11 AM
Apr 2019
It's so bad that it wraps around to being funny again. Then goes right back around to being bad.
Jan 4, 10:32 AM
Dec 2023
The anime will demonstrate Total Competence Maybe we will see something new...
Jan 4, 10:37 AM
Jun 2022
finally one of the most powerful MCs gets animated....he is atleast as powerful as zeno (DBZ), and probably even more powerful than anos, rimaru, anti spiral.....
Jan 4, 10:39 AM
Jul 2021
What streaming service did this go to?
Jan 4, 11:04 AM

Dec 2022
its one of those shows which dont explain anything it would seem
Jan 4, 11:05 AM

Jul 2021
Not funny, didn't laugh. My feet are fucking sweating so hard from the cringe. I thought the failures of 2023 could not be topped but I was wrong. This is as bad as https://myanimelist.net/anime/50220

If you can't make it interesting, serious, (I hate to use the word but) nuanced, then by god at least make it funny. 3 ep rule though.
Jan 4, 12:07 PM
Oct 2010
Ah right, this. I thought it sounded vaguely familiar and after looking it up I realized I'd read the novel some time ago and it left such an impression that I didn't have anything more than that nagging sense of familiarity.

Memory's a funny thing though, and seeing this in action was like ripping a scab off an old, festering wound with just a whiff of gangrene to it. It's not the worse isekai out there, but with its bevy of absolutely s**t characters it definitely ranks up there with the obvious similarity to Arifureta. I think I'll just say no and dip out before one of the most obnoxious ones gets introduced next week.
Jan 4, 12:07 PM

Jul 2014
Wow that was stupid. Can't believe anyone found anything about that funny.
Jan 4, 12:18 PM

Feb 2019
Been seeing this one in the bookstore for a while now. Art always looked interesting, but never really got tempted to pick it up.. first episode has an OK set up. Seems like a mix of high school prodigies have it easy and Arifureta, but there’s no gravity to the plot at all. At least in Arifureta Hajime had to grind to get OP. This dude just spawns completely broken, and not the cautious hero type of funny broken.

MC literally can just say die and people drop dead? What stakes could there possibly be in the story? What challenges will he have to overcome? I suppose that in and of itself isn’t inherently bad, since a lot of people just like seeing really OP main characters and hot girls. But for those with less time on their hands, this probably won’t be a must watch.

Same generic rapey trope with the students wanting to use female lead’s body as a sex toy after killing her.. nothing really stood out here.

I do like the art style and I’ll probably enjoy some aspects of it because I’m an isekai seasonal merchant, but low expectations here. I don’t think there’ll be a compelling narrative, more-so just the satisfaction of seeing the MC kill bad people with his ability.

I do think the girl is really cute too so that’s a plus.

The censored gore given it’s on Hidive was a surprise though.
Marinate1016Jan 4, 12:25 PM
Jan 4, 12:20 PM

Oct 2013
Where's the funny I was promised? :(
Jan 4, 12:48 PM

Jan 2017
I really appreciate the way the mc handles his ability. No whining and cringe moralization, he just casually ends his classmates. Most likely a psycho but that's a huge plus, god I hate whiny bitch mcs so fucking much. This thing alone makes Sokushi Cheat better than most isekai.
鬼に逢うては鬼を斬る
仏に逢うては仏を斬る
ツルギの理ここに在り
Jan 4, 12:50 PM
Apr 2018
As someone who read the light novels it is pretty fudging funny to see people say MC is OP. I mean you people have no idea...

@Muzan2020
Muzan2020 said:
So basically, he's not invincible right, he can't stop incoming attack like if there's a hidden attack or when he wants to talk with the opponent but the attack is already launch, cuz it doesn't seem like he know how fast the opponent can launch a punch, at least for now. I hope they made it clear in the future, its not fun if he and her get lucky all the time (plot armor).

:D lol, lmao even.
Jan 4, 1:08 PM
Sep 2023
At least the anime managed to make me hate Ms. Sage bitch
Jan 4, 1:23 PM

Nov 2014
I had zero expectations and hey, I'm actually not disappointed. It seems pretty bad so far, but there are some good things: for one MC not being a wimpy "nice guy" is good start. I'm also surprised that this sage is a cute girl. Usually I'd expect a middle aged guy with annoying smug face in such role.
Jan 4, 1:33 PM

May 2015
Ah, its one of those series. Everyones a dick. I like the main couple at least. This is probably gonna be one of those series where theres only a very select few good people and bad things will happen to most.

The villain sage really caught me off guard. She has the entire demenor of a good character but just blows the face off the driver for no reason. And the female lead's reaction to her classmates being killed in front of her was a bit lacking. Like she doesnt care in the slightest? Not even startled? Thats how it felt to me anyway. Bit weird how calm most of these people are.

I hope we eventually get some romance between the main two but since its not in the tags i wont get my hopes up. Look forward to the MC insta-killing all the dicks. Probably mostly his classmates. (Then again the OP has like 50 billion people in it so I'm expecting a lot of one off introductions then killed since that is the MC's thing) Interesting to see the full class getting isekaied. Only seen that on two instances as far as I can remember. (Arifureta and I'm a Spider So What)
DarknessRealityJan 4, 1:38 PM
Yuritopia FTW!!!!!!!!! BANZAI TO YURI !!!!!!!!!!!!
Jan 4, 1:35 PM

Jul 2008
Why did I even expect this to be good.
1st ep thoughts: Nothing made sense. Characters didn't act like real humans at all. Even the dragon was animated badly. Comedy was 3rd rate (tsukkomi by the brown hair girl)

Jan 4, 1:46 PM

Sep 2011
Wow, this was even worse then I expected. I'd be shocked if it's not the worst anime of the season
Jan 4, 1:49 PM

Oct 2020
That was pretty good, they’ve captured most of the initial set-up from the LN and also managed to sneak in some of the backstory that was always included at the end of each book as bonus chapters. The OP is really weak, it’s a shame they couldn’t have got something a bit more listenable. I’ll definitely be watching the whole season to see how it turns out as I always enjoyed the various crazy situations that came up.

I’m not sure why Yogiri has those blue strands of hair, that wasn’t in the LNs. That said, just about every isekai protag looks the same so it’s probably to help distinguish him from the pack. I also notice his 3DS from the LN got upgraded to a Switch! 😂
Jan 4, 1:54 PM
Feb 2018
Reply to MyAnimeCastle
What streaming service did this go to?
@MyAnimeCastle hidive in North America
Jan 4, 2:00 PM
Feb 2018
The author of this don't think highly of his fellow humans but it highly likely it turn out just like that

Also the censorship was over the top
Jan 4, 2:00 PM
Isekai Trucker

Oct 2015
So they started with final part of light novel volume 2. Hopefully, they don't get further than that since then I'm lost. Haha.
Good start on the series in my opinion. Good to see Dannoura make some slapstick comedy.
"You only realize the real value of something you discarded when you get the chance to pick it up again." - Rudeus Greyrat
Jan 4, 2:10 PM

Jun 2013
Power scaling is already broken.
Die!
Jan 4, 2:22 PM

Aug 2013
The MC is great at least. Has some good people skills and sense.

Tomochika might develop into a better character, at least she wasn't completely intolerable.

The current story for now doesn't seem that interesting (some flashbacks). Can derive that the MC already possessed the skill in the real world or has visited one earlier, but it doesn't create any impact or real story building for now.

Some crazy censorship too.

Hopefully the story building will gain some substance or have the MC just 'Die' everyone.
Jan 4, 2:31 PM
Jul 2021
The characters and fantasy leave a lot to be desired. As I think others mentioned, the characters have little to no concern after coming to this world and is just jarring. Then we have creeps being creepy to a girl for the sake of being gross. The MC’s death skill is kinda funny so far so I’ll probably stick around as long as it’s stays funny. Hoping the story gets better in the next ep or two.
Jan 4, 2:34 PM
Nov 2010
People dying left and right but almost no one bats an eye. I think only the teacher and driver acted like a normal human for the few seconds they lived. The whole class just decides without ANY remorse or hesitation to start murdering classmates? No one even questions the magic and being in another world? This defined a new low as the worst isekai I have ever seen.
Jan 4, 2:59 PM
Jul 2020
I'm in shook, this isekai is... dayum OwO
A group full of hypocrites
I'm not too surprised, but how quickly they've made the decision tho

I'm liking it, I'm looking forward to the next chapter
Jan 4, 3:10 PM

Feb 2015
really clunky writing doesn't bode well for the rest of the season. it almost seems like a isseki paint by numbers, the premise was so rushed and about as subtle as a brick
Jan 4, 3:53 PM

Nov 2016
"Can he beat Goku, tho?"

Most likely.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jan 4, 4:03 PM
Oct 2014
10/10 my favorite VA Tomita Miyu aka Gabriel Tenma aka Alice Kisaragi
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sokushi Cheat ga Saikyou sugite, Isekai no Yatsura ga Marude Aite ni Naranai n desu ga. Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 21

129 by Tsukasa_Rio »»
Oct 15, 2:11 AM

» I wish this got a season 2

Infinite23 - Mar 25

22 by Tsukasa_Rio »»
Oct 15, 2:08 AM

Poll: » Sokushi Cheat ga Saikyou sugite, Isekai no Yatsura ga Marude Aite ni Naranai n desu ga. Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 11

112 by Awesomeness573 »»
Oct 11, 4:14 AM

Poll: » Sokushi Cheat ga Saikyou sugite, Isekai no Yatsura ga Marude Aite ni Naranai n desu ga. Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 7

50 by HagePotPotato »»
Sep 30, 11:27 PM

Poll: » Sokushi Cheat ga Saikyou sugite, Isekai no Yatsura ga Marude Aite ni Naranai n desu ga. Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 22

49 by 1List2RuleThemAl »»
Sep 6, 2:22 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.