Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums

Sokushi Cheat ga Saikyou sugite, Isekai no Yatsura ga Marude Aite ni Naranai n desu ga. Episode 1 Discussion

New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Jan 5, 10:16 AM

Jun 2016
tbh for me this entertaining ..

kinda interested for what happening in future for this show.
Jan 5, 10:19 AM

Feb 2009
Reply to MegamiRem
MC ability is literally instant death, the most OP power? Classmates are garbage, wonder if they'll all end up dead. Atleast that general guy should. The sage woman is annoying too. Seems like an average isekai anime. Btw both OP/ED were nice. Hilcrhyme's anime songs are in general pretty good.
@MegamiRem Akuto Sai is more powerful, and Featherine Augustus Aurora is more powerful than them both and so on. So Nah not most powerful, but still quite powerful.
Jan 5, 10:20 AM

Feb 2009
Reply to FMmatron
"Can he beat Goku, tho?"

Most likely.
@FMmatron Most likely. Easily The end iteration of him could solo an infinite amount of DB verses.
Jan 5, 11:10 AM

Apr 2015
Well the MC is a bit too overpowered lol but the whole class transporting to another world plot sounds somewhat good so let's see where this goes.
Jan 5, 11:43 AM
Oct 2012
one of the worst animes ive seen, its just so bad
Jan 5, 12:11 PM
Oct 2022
Having read the manga I was glad to see to this be made. So many of these negative reviews are always worth reading for me for sheer comic relief lol. If you read the manga then why would you expect the show to be different? I thought it was a fun episode knowing exactly what I was getting before I ever watched it. It always upsets me (I can’t help it) when people post overly negative reviews regardless what show it is. When those of you who complain about pacing or this and that have created your OWN anime then feel free to compare and contrast till you’re blue in the face. Don’t overly criticize others hard work and time away from their families. If you don’t like the show simply don’t watch.
Jan 5, 1:29 PM
Apr 2020
What a terrible main cast this show is going to be bad nothing positive about it
Jan 5, 4:24 PM

Jun 2012
First off, I hope there are uncensored versions of the episodes. I was very confused at all the weird black stuff ruining the frames. at first. I don't really get the need to censor series that clearly are going to be very bloody, but ymmv.

I'm unsure how a power like Instant Death will make fights interesting, but I'll give it a try. I'm assuming that we'll get to know why he has a power, why he seemingly had it since childhood, at a later point. As is, I'm not very invested in the MC's, but Main Girl is right that apparently there are no decent guys in the new world.

Though Youichi is probably going to be very right, and Sage Shion very wrong, in how much of a problem the instant death skill is going to be.
Jan 5, 4:36 PM

Mar 2007
Immediately abandoning the classmates with no ability, 2 of which pretty much die on the spot proving they were right to abandon them after all? That seems like par for the course with selfish teenagers.

Just surprised none of the others stayed back, like her friend. I would have thought there would be at least one or 2 do-gooder hero types in the mix, usually there's a few in each class?
Jan 5, 4:54 PM

Jan 2013
It probably could be enjoyabe.. in another unvierse where Madhouse animates it. It looks like total garbage. 3/10 so far.
Jan 5, 5:02 PM
Jan 2024
achei o primeiro episodio foda já.
o anime só comecou,então to muito esperançoso de como vai desenrolar a historia lol
Jan 5, 5:11 PM

Apr 2013
I actually dont know wtf i just watched, but i guess I will give next ep a shot atleast
Jan 5, 5:34 PM
Dec 2023
It kicked off well...and the way they carried up the overpowered character, even though was cliched' it was kind of good to watch...
Watching it with a hope that it wouldn't disappoint me
Jan 5, 6:48 PM

Aug 2023
Takatou's power Instant death is OP, I think this is Takatou second time coming to this world I don't know why maybe because he has the power but why when that sage came to the bus most of the students glow but he didn't and he has the power not like the three people two dead and one with the protection of Takatou
DSAO086Jan 5, 6:52 PM
Jan 5, 8:17 PM
Jan 2017
Well, that didn't waste any time. The story so far raised many questions that need answering.
Why was the MC and his sister in that hi-security installation at the beginning?
Seems that the siblings were in contemporary Japan and the boy, at least, has an OP power that he used on MANY people. So how did he get from there to being an ordinary civilian in high school?
Why does the fantasy world reek of being a MMORPG?
That's enough for now.
The first episode was fast, exciting and twisty. If they can stick the landing it will be great. Having watched MANY anime, I have my doubts.
Jan 5, 9:53 PM
Aug 2022
IzanaSolos said:
Okuruto Noboru is at it again with another isekai, and you know what? It actually seems pretty good.

Yogiri Takatou wakes up in the middle of chaos and destruction during a school trip. He then he realizes his whole class has been whisked away to another world. What's crazy is that he slept through the whole thing and missed out on getting these cool powers (Gift) that everyone else got from a mysterious Sage. To top it off, he and another classmate are ditched by their so-called friends to serve as dragon bait. While Yogiri isn't too bothered by the idea of biting the dust, he reluctantly steps up to protect his only companion.

So, unlike the usual isekai protagonists, this guy decides to poke fun at the whole trope instead of falling into it. His power is pretty straightforward – if he wants something gone, it just bites the dust, no drama. Surprisingly, the fan service I was expecting didn't happen in the episode. Instead, when Dannoura starts speculating that Yogiri saved her for some typical isekai reason like her looks, he casually mentions it's because her boobs were soft, leading her to declare there's no decent man in the world. The animation is solid, handling the magical and mystical stuff well. And even though the main character can wrap up a fight in an instant, the combat scenes are pretty satisfying to watch.

It's funny how I was so sure this series would be just average, but within minutes, I'm totally convinced otherwise.

oh, you are in for a treat! This show is basically just Eminence in the Shadows. It gets better. The most interesting part of this show is the mc's power which will be explained later on.
Jan 5, 9:56 PM
Aug 2022
Mainnus said:
Initial thought: generic Isekai at it finest.

The lack of situational gravity really bother me, some aspects are briefly explain yes, but most of it treated as inconsequential.

Transported to another world yet barely reacting to the fact, even with prior experiences, it should still warrant some remarks.

Hopefully things will be more nuanced in the future. If not, this series gonna get stale fast.

The show is basically just eminence in the shadows. It's a parody. It gets better later on, and the mc's power is really interesting.
Jan 5, 10:27 PM
Jul 2021
It's actually better than I thought. 7/10 for the first episode.
Jan 5, 11:37 PM

Dec 2012
Wow.. this anime is so bad lol

Jan 6, 12:17 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Tomita Miyu is doin great as the sole heroine here doin tsukkomi. Also don't forget about boobs. That is truly memorable here xd.

Aside that, the fat one voiced by Hiro? Reminds me of the fruit isekai, which kinda makes sense he's here voicing that boy xd.

Idk what to see about protag-kun. Saw a spoiler about his true identity unfortunately. But tbh since this is isekai now, idk how its all connected to his 'magic' and curious to know what they'll do after all the ruckus. Oped also significantly decent. So yeah, good enough to start my winter season. Let's see next then...
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Jan 6, 12:35 AM

Sep 2016
So he didn't receive an ability because he already had one.

So I guess the other three were the same. Two are dead, so the big booba girl is left. Wonder what's her innate ability.
bruh
Jan 6, 1:15 AM
Aug 2020
wow this is actually the worst thing I've seen in a while... A bunch of high schoolers and none of them are slightly fazed by two people being killed in front of them, or the fact that they are in another world. And those other two are just chilling in the bus with dead bodies while the dude plays videogames. Then she goes outside and sees two more people just drop dead in front of her and then immediately falls for the dude who killed them. Was this written by a 10 year old? Or maybe some sociopath that doesn't understand human emotions? Am I just missing something here that will be explained later?

That aside, pacing is horrible, animation is mid, characters and jokes are hilariously bad. There's not a single redeeming quality of this show besides the "instant death" ability that seems somewhat interesting.
Jan 6, 2:37 AM

Aug 2017
Despite having some issues with this, like the annoying censorship, weird plot and pacing, I still found it an enjoyable watch, at least for now. That ability of the mc is really op, surely there is a downside to it? The fmc is a good addition to this weird ass mc, hopefully they can build a good chemistry.
Jan 6, 3:16 AM
Mar 2012
lab then game isekai kinda random.
Takatou sleepyhead, that nice Miyamura voice.
Dannoura funny but that twintail too big for the screen.
rather insane summoner.
Those trio on Isekai Nidome, hopefully this better than that show.
cool OP & ED music & fancier animation than usual isekais, but that's way too many characters.
Jan 6, 6:32 AM
Apr 2017
Reply to traed
Not funny. Got a single mild snicker. Actually could have gotten a laugh out of me if the dragon had impaled one of the students with it's dick ...now that would have been hilarious but no it was just the tail Or something. The censorship is some of the worst ive seen. Heads presumably exploding but you dont even see a speck of blood and fucking black bars everywhere. For fuck sake. I dont know if I should bother trying to give it another episode.
@traed Dude, that wasn't his tail in the bus, look at when it's backing off from the bus. Remember there's a charm magic in place.

Seriously I wonder if people were actually watching the show with how they were reacting. An okay adaption, but the OP is showing a lot of stuff that makes a lot of ground that needs to be covered.
Jan 6, 8:18 AM

Mar 2008
Reply to Deoxyribo9
@traed Dude, that wasn't his tail in the bus, look at when it's backing off from the bus. Remember there's a charm magic in place.

Seriously I wonder if people were actually watching the show with how they were reacting. An okay adaption, but the OP is showing a lot of stuff that makes a lot of ground that needs to be covered.
@Deoxyribo9
I mean it looked like it, i figured it wasnt since the dragon's tail clearly wasnt in the bus so i wasnt sure if it was some error or relating to the magic charm.

No I know some of them mentioned being there before but the girl clearly wasnt yet also seemed to have weird reactions.
Jan 6, 8:34 AM
Dec 2022
Hmm it seems like Takatou was from a near distant past to be dress like that as a kid, and that he had the instant death magic to begin with which I find curious. Shion must have some crazy reason to summon everyone to the other world if she expect some to die, but it's clear she didn't know Takatou already has the instant death skill, at least that's an advantage. It was cruel for the whole class to abandon those who were giftless as a bait to the wyvern, so I feel like Takatou would give everyone a piece of his mind.
Jan 6, 10:22 AM
Jan 2016
I think the people who called this plain generic isekai are a bit off. It does differ from the straight formula, MC seems to have had powers even before the isekai, typically the summoners aren't casually blowing people's heads off, etc.

My guess for the reason the students aren't reacting like you'd expect (panic, fear, etc.) when isekai'd is because the show is going for a weird heightened sort of thing to make this a comedy. I'm pretty sure him pulling out the console while she explains the situation, and her calming down at all while there are two corpses chilling behind her is meant for laughs.

Though I wouldn't say that the humor has been all there though. I think it hasn't been extreme enough, emphasized enough, or long enough to really develop the humor for someone not already familiar with the style of the story. There have been some that are just poorly written enough to have some similar weirdness but never developed into a comedy, so I wasn't able to jump over the edge and really laugh with it.

So as it stands I'm a bit mixed on the show, but it has some promise as a comedy/parody.

EDIT: Want to mention that these could also be anime-only issues since joke timing, emphasis, etc. can be very different in manga form.
CalorieEnchiladaJan 6, 10:26 AM
Jan 6, 8:41 PM
Nov 2016
Guys, I'm a representative from Instant Death Wiki Discord Server.
Anyone interested in interacting with fellow ID fans on discord platform are free to join, link below:
https://discord.gg/89SYbACdrK
Jan 6, 8:57 PM
Nov 2016
Reply to CalorieEnchilada
I think the people who called this plain generic isekai are a bit off. It does differ from the straight formula, MC seems to have had powers even before the isekai, typically the summoners aren't casually blowing people's heads off, etc.

My guess for the reason the students aren't reacting like you'd expect (panic, fear, etc.) when isekai'd is because the show is going for a weird heightened sort of thing to make this a comedy. I'm pretty sure him pulling out the console while she explains the situation, and her calming down at all while there are two corpses chilling behind her is meant for laughs.

Though I wouldn't say that the humor has been all there though. I think it hasn't been extreme enough, emphasized enough, or long enough to really develop the humor for someone not already familiar with the style of the story. There have been some that are just poorly written enough to have some similar weirdness but never developed into a comedy, so I wasn't able to jump over the edge and really laugh with it.

So as it stands I'm a bit mixed on the show, but it has some promise as a comedy/parody.

EDIT: Want to mention that these could also be anime-only issues since joke timing, emphasis, etc. can be very different in manga form.
CalorieEnchilada said:
My guess for the reason the students aren't reacting like you'd expect (panic, fear, etc.) when isekai'd is because the show is going for a weird heightened sort of thing to make this a comedy.

This reaction will be explained later in the story. It has a reason.
Jan 6, 11:46 PM

Feb 2019
Reply to Alfredo-Sauce
@LeenPhoenixRae
Ah so you're watching this show too. I agree with what you said about the MC being from that world since he was so calm and like you said that he knew about his power. Plus those 3 arrogant jerks that flew back to the bus said that they had been in that world before too.

I thought this show had a decent start and while the MC's ability is OP I'm curious to see what happens, and on a side note I think this show may need a comedy tag as it had some silly moments.
@Alfredo-Sauce i wouldn't be surprised if he has been to that other world.
Jan 7, 12:00 AM
Feb 2020
I watch a lot of anime. A lot of bad anime too and I can find things to enjoy. This COULD have been one, but the censorship tanks any chance of that. It’s so annoying it makes it just not worth watching at all I have to deal with a stale plot and characters AND censorship? Can’t do it
Jan 7, 1:28 AM
Apr 2023
Cant believe ppl loving eminence in shadow but hating it lmao🤣🤣. Just as I thought EIS is just getting carried by animation.
Jan 7, 12:03 PM
Jan 2024
I liked, it was a little bit diferent from the mangá but it was ok, i'm anxious for the next epsodes.
Jan 7, 12:39 PM
Jan 2016
Reply to Hamim76
Cant believe ppl loving eminence in shadow but hating it lmao🤣🤣. Just as I thought EIS is just getting carried by animation.
@Hamim76 Don't think that's fair. We don't know if the people that hate this don't also hate EIS.

Also my gut feeling is that EIS had better pacing/execution at the start than this has had, so that might explain some people who've been more skeptical of this one. If this one can reach the same heights of fun as EIS in a few more episodes then I'll be super happy though.
Jan 7, 12:54 PM
Feb 2012
First 5-10 minutes "oh this gonna be a generic main protagonist is op with no world building" then was pleasantly surprised.

Jan 7, 3:12 PM
Jan 2024
Ten years ago, "the Gate" appeared and connected the real world with the realm of magic and monsters. To combat these vile beasts
Jan 8, 12:40 AM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
Yeah I think I got room for one generic trash overpowered isekai fantasy this season; will give it a couple more episodes at least. I just want to see whether or not this guy goes to town with his instant kill ability.

NYANPASU
whiskey tango foxtrot

Jan 8, 11:02 AM
Nov 2016
Reply to traed
@Deoxyribo9
I mean it looked like it, i figured it wasnt since the dragon's tail clearly wasnt in the bus so i wasnt sure if it was some error or relating to the magic charm.

No I know some of them mentioned being there before but the girl clearly wasnt yet also seemed to have weird reactions.
@traed
It is a dragon dick, they mention it in the manga.

Jan 8, 11:07 AM

Mar 2008
Dios_nevan said:
It is a dragon dick, they mention it in the manga.

Lol nice. Good thing I wasnt imagining things.
Jan 8, 11:12 AM

Mar 2022
I see. This one is one of those. Where you just know the author either panders to (or he himself was one) the japanese equivalent of potential school shooters. People who hate their classmates, if not people in general, to the point they think it's funny to be standing in the blood of your murdered colleague and think about how you'll be able to power up your nintendo switch, because it's the only thing that understands you. Also, an overpowered ability to be able to just end anyone you think about is a nice sociopathic bonus too.

OR

It's just a parody of that and is exaggerating that type of story for the meta and lolz. If it is, and I'm pretty sure it was ment to be this, it's doing a piss poor job at it.

I mean, whatever, either way...
Jan 8, 1:16 PM
Nov 2016
Reply to SugoiDekaiOppai
I see. This one is one of those. Where you just know the author either panders to (or he himself was one) the japanese equivalent of potential school shooters. People who hate their classmates, if not people in general, to the point they think it's funny to be standing in the blood of your murdered colleague and think about how you'll be able to power up your nintendo switch, because it's the only thing that understands you. Also, an overpowered ability to be able to just end anyone you think about is a nice sociopathic bonus too.

OR

It's just a parody of that and is exaggerating that type of story for the meta and lolz. If it is, and I'm pretty sure it was ment to be this, it's doing a piss poor job at it.

I mean, whatever, either way...
@SugoiDekaiOppai
There is a reason to that in which the series will eventually get to explain, it supposedly an important plot driven point when revealed in the story later on that explain the reason behind Yogiri lack of empathy (Yes, the series is self aware of it).
Jan 9, 12:47 PM

Nov 2009
So... bunch of students gets forced to another world and forced to get abilities and forced to do random quests for a random sage that randomly kills other people...

But apparently most of the students are also fairly "evil" by default... huh... (and the good ones are either forced to be evil or died)

MC's ability is pretty much a stronger version of "Death Note" where you no longer need the "Note" and just "think"... LOL

Tho this is kinda dangerous... imagine if you accidently think the wrong thing and kills someone by accident... OOF (I mean... I don't think he can reverse his death ability...)

Worse yet, what if the MC somehow gets mindcontrolled or something and they tell MC to go kill everyone... no one can stop him. Everyone Dead.

But the MC is also fairly evil by default huh... Dude literally kills without a care, doesn't give a fuck about others and send them off to their death. The exact same as the evil sage and evil students... (that killed the adults and used the non-ability ppls as bait to their death) (where the MC killed the 2 dude and send the 3rd dude to his death)

Sounds like this Isekai world is going to just be filled with evil huh... Bet the Demon Lord is actually the good guy. But then again, the other 3 student (now dead) said they already killed off the Demon Lord...

So YUP, Everyone's Evil in this Series
amlgJan 9, 1:14 PM
Nothing Written Here But Us Anime Bunnies *boing boing boing*
Jan 9, 1:46 PM
Dec 2017
They made Yogiri more handsome
Jan 9, 5:49 PM
May 2015
What an incredibly boring ability. And the production quality leaves a lot to be desired as well. I'll give it one more episode just because, but its probably the worst isekai in a while and thats saying a lot with how bad some are.
Jan 10, 4:27 AM

Dec 2016
I'm not really sure why this anime is scoring so poorly. There are plenty of other lame and generic isekai out this season, scoring better and pulling more members than this one. OP not great? People not appreciating the elfen lied opening scene?
Jan 10, 6:59 AM
Tsumi To Kisei

Nov 2021
a very interesting start to the series, I don't like the character of Yogiri and Tomochika, but it seems like it could become an interesting series
Jan 10, 9:02 PM
Apr 2021
Ahh yes the seasonal trashy isekai in which I’m gladly gonna eat it up😭 + the opening is fire and catchy asf damn😮‍💨🔥

Pretty simple premise so far but for some reason as usual I like it even if the rating is under a 7 and that a lot of ppl don’t like it😅

So far I like the girl she seems like the only one who actually had a normal reaction to getting isekai’d💀💀 and the MC’s ability is cold asf
Treyv0nJan 13, 4:34 AM
Jan 11, 2:50 AM

Jul 2023
Just came to watch this because I saw a YouTube short of Sion.

It's mildly interesting. I suppose the people who die in the isekai don't die in the real world, right? I hope not.

With an overpowered skill, I can only hope it compensates in other departments. I like the nonchalant attitude of the MC though.
Jan 11, 5:06 AM
Mar 2020
Better than the manga already. I've always wanted to see how the story forward in the isekai story of a death god in another world. Sage Sion needs a thorough spanking.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sokushi Cheat ga Saikyou sugite, Isekai no Yatsura ga Marude Aite ni Naranai n desu ga. Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 21

129 by Tsukasa_Rio »»
Oct 15, 2:11 AM

» I wish this got a season 2

Infinite23 - Mar 25

22 by Tsukasa_Rio »»
Oct 15, 2:08 AM

Poll: » Sokushi Cheat ga Saikyou sugite, Isekai no Yatsura ga Marude Aite ni Naranai n desu ga. Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 11

112 by Awesomeness573 »»
Oct 11, 4:14 AM

Poll: » Sokushi Cheat ga Saikyou sugite, Isekai no Yatsura ga Marude Aite ni Naranai n desu ga. Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 7

50 by HagePotPotato »»
Sep 30, 11:27 PM

Poll: » Sokushi Cheat ga Saikyou sugite, Isekai no Yatsura ga Marude Aite ni Naranai n desu ga. Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 22

49 by 1List2RuleThemAl »»
Sep 6, 2:22 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.