Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Dec 8, 2023 10:32 AM

Oct 2020
This was a silly and wholesome episode to watch.
Dec 8, 2023 10:33 AM

Nov 2013
Wholesome bonding episode. This show just keeps on delivering!
Dec 8, 2023 10:36 AM

Apr 2022
It's rare that I already know I will miss and rewatch a series multiple times when it's just over halfway through the season.
Dec 8, 2023 10:38 AM

Apr 2022
@N1M1NG found the insane FMAB fan. nice new account bro
Dec 8, 2023 10:42 AM
Feb 2022
Fern is too precious for that world. Let's hope she stays that way. 😀
Dec 8, 2023 10:43 AM
Jun 2022
I love how magic in this show are not just magically magic. They tend to involve with theory behind of them too, kinda feel like science mix.
Dec 8, 2023 10:53 AM

Feb 2019
WE WON. My wallpaper is finally animated: since I’m a romance guy this was my fave episode in a while. As usual, Fern steals the show. Her pouty faces are the cutest thing ever and I found her getting upset about Stark “forgetting” her birthday to be an extremely realistic reaction from any girl. Especially not wanting to explain why she was mad 😂

In the end I’m glad everything worked out thanks to Sein’s advice like he said, people won’t know how you feel unless you tell them. Not just for the birthday present, but also for Fern’s budding feelings towards stark. One of my fave ships 🙏🏾

I like how Fern and Stark’s trip to pick out a present is contrasted with Himmel and Frieren’s. Even the scene where they make up is right in front of Himmel’s statue. You could tell that Frieren saw the similarities and really wanted to make sure they didn’t miss out on that opportunity

Speaking of Frieren, can’t get over how cute she looked searching for the ring Himmel gave her. That must mean so much to her especially with him being gone. She didn’t want to hold the party up from leaving, but Fern could read between the lines. The new lost and found spell really came in handy there.

The scene of Himmel and Frieren picking out the ring was everything 😩 “eternal love” is such a fitting way to sum up their relationship. Heavy emphasis on eternal
Marinate1016Dec 8, 2023 11:06 AM
Dec 8, 2023 10:55 AM

Nov 2017
My tier list of power on this eps: Fern>Himmel>Frieren>Sein>horse>Stark.

Dec 8, 2023 11:10 AM

Aug 2015
The church bells in the background were such a nice addition to the ring scene that I waited for so long to be animated.

... And it adds a bit more flavor to the recent development in the manga.
Dec 8, 2023 11:12 AM

Aug 2022
Fern and Stark are so cute together!
Dec 8, 2023 11:13 AM
Feb 2020
AAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH
Dec 8, 2023 11:15 AM
Feb 2022
Ndud said:
My tier list of power on this eps: Fern>Himmel>Frieren>Sein>horse>Stark.

Stark is always seen as powerless until he suddenly does something heroic. 😉
Dec 8, 2023 11:19 AM
Dec 2023
Absolute masterpiece
Dec 8, 2023 11:45 AM

May 2019
Even though nothing major happened in so far as storyline goes I continue to be engrossed so much that the episode suddenly ended. On that note I think there is no doubt that both Fern and Stark like each other, and having Sein giving great advice at the right times has been helpful.

Also, I noticed that after what Fern said about what the flower represented on her bracelet, Frieren realized what the ring Himmel gave her meant. Those flashbacks are usually melancholy-filled and heartwarming and the one with Himmel essentially proposing to her is no exception.
Dec 8, 2023 11:46 AM
Oct 2023
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.
Dec 8, 2023 11:47 AM
Jan 2023
Himmel putting the ring on Frieren's finger at the end got my nose bleeding not gonna lie.
Dec 8, 2023 12:03 PM
Sep 2022
Amazing episode showing the symbolism between the deeper meaning behind simple gifts, and the comparison of past and present. A great flashback showing the bittersweet moments between Frieren and Himmel. Shows growth in an emotional aspect for Freiren.
Dec 8, 2023 12:04 PM
Aug 2018
Every Frieren chapter is special.
Dec 8, 2023 12:23 PM

Dec 2022
pretty sure himmel knew what he was doing anyway this slow adventure is calming
Dec 8, 2023 12:27 PM

Jan 2018
Damn, Himmel really was craving for that elfussy
Dec 8, 2023 12:33 PM
Jan 2016
Frieren and Himmel were so cute
Dec 8, 2023 1:07 PM

Mar 2020
Love is in the air, it's all blossoming beautifully...

I can't say enough how well done the animation details are. The expressions, the movement of the hair, just all the small details, animated so fluidly, you just got to appreciate that level of attention to detail. As for what happened this episode, Fern and Stark's relationship continues to be a joy to watch, but at the end of the day, they're just kids, so some of these reactions are very understandable from both of them. I'm glad they made up though, with some help from Sein. As for Frieren's relationship with Himmel, it seems like Frieren is slowly realizing how much she meant to Himmel, and it's honestly pretty bittersweet to think about. The story might be somewhat slow-paced, but my, are the pay-offs worth it every time.
Dec 8, 2023 1:19 PM

Nov 2020
God, the animation in this episode was so beautiful, the engagement scene was 10/10, I couldn't stop smiling.
Dec 8, 2023 1:32 PM
Jul 2023
This was just the shipping episode
Dec 8, 2023 1:41 PM
Dec 2021
Why MAL's score limit is only up to 10, The more I watch, the more I like it, especially background music <⁠(⁠ ̄⁠︶⁠ ̄⁠)⁠>
Dec 8, 2023 1:44 PM
Oct 2023
Great Episode! They adapted the scenes really well from the manga. Sein is a great member of the party, as an adult with some solid wisdom. Frieren's character development is great of course.

Dope Episode! The next one is exciting!
Dec 8, 2023 2:04 PM

Apr 2012
@N1M1NG Here's the door...

Bye now.
"Manga readers are annoying, all they do is complain or spoil the anime we discuss in an anime forum.
They should really do their whining at manga forums.

USERS ON MY IGNORED LIST:
RayReynolds - SSL443 - Dr4kon - Nerdanimefan1992 - ToTheMountains - Fiveskies
To add users to the Ignore list: (1) Go to Account settings (2) Click Forum tab and toggle down (3) Type or paste user name on entry box (4) Click Add and you're done.
Problem solved, you'll never have to see someone trolling ever again because their post will be closed/collapsed.
Dec 8, 2023 2:07 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
I need Frieren to awkwardly move my head around.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Dec 8, 2023 2:20 PM

Feb 2014
I can't get enough of Fern's pout faces! XD

It once again sums up how good this episode is with the interactions between the characters. The little argument between Fern and Stark, due to it being Fern's birthday, felt really realistic and genuine, not only for how the argument started, but how they both apologised to each other and made up. Sein also played a good role here with his words of wisdom. After watching the pair on the roof of a building, Frieren told Sein more about Heiter, hence a short flashback, about praise from the Goddess, although seeing Frieren giving Heiter a head rub as a praise was sweet. She did the same thing with Sein in the present day, although it did confuse him a bit.

The incident with the flying monster that carried the horse and carriage also opened up more about important the ring that Frieren kept in her briefcase. While repairing the carriage, it was nice to see Fern and the other contribute to helping out Frieren in her search for the missing ring, which another flashback showed why it was important to her. The ring she chose was a mirrored lotus ring, which Himmel went one step further by placing it on her finger, similar to a proposal, since the ring also means eternal love. Honestly, this scene was majestic and beautiful with how it played out, helped by the gorgeous visuals and soundtrack. =)

It's ironic that the present that Stark chose for Fern also bares a mirrored lotus flower, which he didn't realise until Sein told him about what it meant, so I can't blame him for being flustered. He's an idiot, but he's a lovable idiot for sure!
Dec 8, 2023 2:35 PM

Feb 2020
PLEASE THIS IS SO ROMANTIC

THE WAY HER FACE CHANGED AS HE KNEELED DOWN... 😭😭😭 This show really doing romance better than some actual "romance" shows that I've watched, and this show doesn't even focus on the romance. So fucking good. Romance is still developing well without it being a hindrance to the other parts of the story. This show is actually peak
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 8, 2023 2:36 PM

Sep 2011
This was easily my favorite episode in the show, just jam packed with stellar character interaction that really sells why this cast works so well combined with that wonderful bittersweet nostalgia with Frieren's flashbacks getting me legitimately misty eyed. Highlight of the ep was Eisen just jumping off a cliff.

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Dec 8, 2023 2:41 PM

Jun 2017
Dropping hints much? So Fern chose that bracelet based on what it meant but didn't tell Stark about it, so sneaky.

Himmel was just an ultra chad as usual, Frieren didn't know the meaning but he proposed anyway.

Dec 8, 2023 2:49 PM
Nov 2021
It is so wholesome :')
I really like the nostalgic moments they bring to the episodes, goes to show just how much the small stuff matters
Dec 8, 2023 3:01 PM

Jun 2017
Aaaaaand another perfect episode. This show doesn't miss a single one, it's crazy.
Dec 8, 2023 3:02 PM
Jul 2021
what a good move, Himmel 👍
Dec 8, 2023 3:05 PM
Jul 2021
The "subtle" (Which I wouldn't really call it subtle anymore xD) romance and especially the pacing of this episode, was really nice. Love the interactions and their personalities :)
Dec 8, 2023 3:13 PM
Apr 2016
Himmel got that rizz damn. So cute. Loved this episode!
Dec 8, 2023 3:26 PM
Jun 2016
Himmel the rizz hero
Dec 8, 2023 3:30 PM
Feb 2022
Zaxphred said:
pretty sure himmel knew what he was doing anyway this slow adventure is calming

Yeah the slow adventuring gives room for atmosphere, character growth, character interactions and to simply do art. I wish all good adventure animes had as many episodes like this.
Dec 8, 2023 3:34 PM
Feb 2022
jsooka said:
PLEASE THIS IS SO ROMANTIC

THE WAY HER FACE CHANGED AS HE KNEELED DOWN... 😭😭😭 This show really doing romance better than some actual "romance" shows that I've watched, and this show doesn't even focus on the romance. So fucking good. Romance is still developing well without it being a hindrance to the other parts of the story. This show is actually peak

That's because this anime give characters enough time to develop so the romantic stuff don't need to be blatant.
Dec 8, 2023 3:51 PM
May 2019
Reply to jmas081391
Coincidence? DEFINITELY NOT!

Latest Manga Chapter

Latest Anime Episode

@jmas081391 Is this really true? Please more context!
Dec 8, 2023 3:55 PM
Oct 2022
One of the most touching scenes that gets glossed over easily for me is the scene between Heiter and Frieren (and Sein) when discussing being praised. As an adult you're hardly ever praised for doing difficult adult things, which is fine and what generally comes with being an adult. What made it so touching for me, speaking as an adult myself, was how real it felt when they said how from when we were young, we still have the mind now as we've had from back then, only now we just act like adults (both for our own benefit and for children's sake). And also, in a what may seem immature to some, but sweet to me, was how these two human adults (Heiter and Sein), were for a moment allowed to be praised like kids for holding up and being strong dependable adults by someone much older than them. Acts of sincere consideration really get me in shows and anime, and it's the emotional delicacy in which this anime handles such minor topics that just adds to how much I love this anime.
Dec 8, 2023 3:56 PM
Oct 2022
Now everyone can finally agree with me that Frieren is up there with Vinland saga when it comes to God level dialog between characters and also character development notice how Sein father figure to all of them including Frieren.

We will get to see more of Fern and stark in the upcoming episodes 🤗

This episode was beautiful
Dec 8, 2023 4:00 PM

Jan 2021
I love the fact that Frieren choose the ring instead of a grand love gesture from Himmel. We think we have this story all figured out and then it turns a seemingly unimportant part of the story on its head. Completely changing the vibe of why she could easily give up the ring.

I also like the fact that Fern still acts like a child sometimes. She often acts like the most responsible but truth be told she doesn't know how to act with people her age, especially boys. The same goes for Stark it kinda explains why they're both so awkward.

Even the most mundane episodes have so much to unpack I could go on for 5 more paragraphs explaining the themes of this episode. But these are the things that stuck out to me as the most precious. That's really what makes this series so special.

Also Himmel putting the ring on Frieren's finger, I screamed that was beautiful.
Dec 8, 2023 4:07 PM
Dec 2023
just a chill episode that reveals cute relationships and How Frieren slowly getting to know things about humans in general and compares what happens in the future with what happened in the mere 10 years adventure with her old friends
Dec 8, 2023 4:07 PM

Jun 2020
At first I was questioning why the Priest Guy is needed to join the squad, but since he is actually wise and mindful, now I don't have problem about him.
Dec 8, 2023 4:12 PM

Dec 2012
This episode might be one I keep around for a long time, I flew by the manga chapters so fast that I can't even remember this happened.

Absolutely amazing episode... Even with all the obvious hints in plain sight, it's like a love that you were too late to notice because you were too much of a child.
Dec 8, 2023 4:14 PM
Feb 2018
phantomfandom said:
You just can't expect Stark, who can't even remember his own birthday, to remember other birthday, let alone buying a gift.

But he did remember, he just wanted to go out with her to pick it, like she did with him.
Dec 8, 2023 4:24 PM

Apr 2022
another great episode and man i love fern.
Dec 8, 2023 4:24 PM

Aug 2022
Himmel loved flowers... he must have known '😭

It's these subtle things that aren't explicitly told, yet can be easily caught, that make this show so interesting. Frieren is slowly realizing that Himmel had feelings for her (and she for him), making the journey to reach Heaven more and more anticipated with every little revelation about their relationship during the trip.

Also, Stark and Fern are absolutely adorable! I loved this episode ❤️
Pages (7) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sousou no Frieren Episode 28 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Mar 22

837 by hechopicha »»
8 hours ago

Poll: » Sousou no Frieren Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jan 19

241 by hechopicha »»
8 hours ago

Poll: » Sousou no Frieren Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 24, 2023

366 by manishtandurkar »»
12 hours ago

» Idk why but I can’t get into this ( 1 2 3 )

Kloonker-Koonker - Jan 24

138 by traed »»
Today, 12:44 AM

Poll: » Sousou no Frieren Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

KANLen09 - Sep 29, 2023

312 by robfeemster »»
Yesterday, 11:37 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.