Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (17) « First ... « 12 13 [14] 15 16 » ... Last »
Jan 5, 2016 12:12 AM

Apr 2014
^ Someone needs to be educated on spoiler tags. Fortunately I didn't spoil myself too much.

That aside, both this episode and the previous one were beautiful. I was taken aback when Okabe decided to surrender in his quest and accepted the fate of the original alpha line, but it was certainly understandable given the increasing futility. At the very least, Kurisu and him at last confessed their feelings for one another and arrived at a closure. The relationship felt quite rushed given how recently they had just met, but she gave him support in each instance that he went back in time, and the connection and feelings would undoubtedly build up after countless times. From the way that Mayuri has been portrayed, I feel like she would be more appropriate as a sister than a love interest, so I have no complaints about the OTP.
ZeroDragonJan 5, 2016 12:32 AM
Jan 6, 2016 5:41 PM

Nov 2015
I first was like, wow Okabe's situation is really complicated, so much pain to bear. Who does he have to save? Mayushi or Kurisu? Why someone of them both has to DIE?
All that suffering must be killing him.

And then... BOOMM!!! KurisuxOkabe is real! FINNALY! That moment when he said that she was the most important person for him, and her reaction, all felt so natural =O Really good, and they never left their characteristics like being crazy and tsundere. Not only one kiss, but FOUR kisses, well, at least the ones on-screen! That episode was so great I had to rewatch it, and I did. It was beautiful and sexy scene, good for em.

Then later, more feels with Kurisu's monologue... it was sad. Okabe living in a world remembering her but no one else will. Tears where dropped. T_T

Damn, later the moment of jumping from Alpha to Beta... DAMN IT!!! NOOO! Kurisu's last words... damn it T_T More tears...

Later after that I was saying: "Oh, even the Beta timeline has a diferent ending...". I always watch the Endings and previews, even if I have all episodes is BD, for things like this... this ending was charget with more stuff! Kids, always look after the credits, good stuff hides in there!
Jan 15, 2016 6:03 AM
Jan 2016
Wow, this episode is the best! This show is a true masterpiece, i could watch it many times, and it's still amazing!

The kiss with Makise was really good scene, and she was still acting tsundere at it :)

The ending was really dramatic, and the series are still not over!!!

The last episodes will be truly amazing.
Jan 21, 2016 1:35 AM

Dec 2015
Thank you for smacking him! I couldn't stand anymore time leaps.

That kiss tho...CRYING LIKE A BABY!
Mar 7, 2016 9:49 PM

Aug 2010
Damn. I fucking bawled.
Mar 25, 2016 1:33 PM
Jan 2016
Finally! The kiss I've been waiting to see! 8o8 I just felt it - they were ment for each other!! <3
However, it was kind of sad that they had to split up like that… I hope not it'll stay like this forever.
After all, there're still two episodes to go. What will you do, mad scientist?? owo
Mar 27, 2016 5:28 AM
Sep 2015
Hmm I like kurisu and all but I feel like the okabe x kurisu pairing felt forced..or rather, not built up enough. My reaction was literally "meh" at their kiss and confession. :x

They definitely had chemistry though. Should have focused more on it if they wanted the romance to go to that route.

IMO, other than that failed char relationship dev, this anime has been pretty good so far, 7/10 unless the ending is crappy.
Apr 9, 2016 8:43 AM
Oct 2015
webkid94 said:
OMG...nooo Kurisu!!! Luckily they managed to get a kiss in though. Kurisu's VA is extremely talented and this episode proves it. Shit, this was a fucking sad episode for us Kurisu fans.

She managed to do one more mad scientist laugh... T___T What was she saying right before the world lines switched?

World line went over 1%...Mayuri is safe..but then...

Thank you for this comment! I would've totally missed this other wise
Apr 9, 2016 8:54 AM
Oct 2015
Okay I know I'm a bit late on the watching but I'm wondering can anyone else with my questions. Why does Kurisu decide to go back to America? Like why is she on the verge of getting on a train after they say goodbye? And I'm also confused as to what difference deleted the information of the first d mail does. Like is it stopping future sern from seeing the message? I don't understand how deleting the text in that present moment and timeline affects the past? I'm just so confused :/
Apr 9, 2016 2:32 PM

Nov 2015
LostBeyond said:
Okay I know I'm a bit late on the watching but I'm wondering can anyone else with my questions. Why does Kurisu decide to go back to America? Like why is she on the verge of getting on a train after they say goodbye? And I'm also confused as to what difference deleted the information of the first d mail does. Like is it stopping future sern from seeing the message? I don't understand how deleting the text in that present moment and timeline affects the past? I'm just so confused :/

It's been quite some time since I watched S;G, while your question has been answered (not sure if in this exact topic, or another episode) I'll try to answer:

By deleting the information of the D-mail from the IBM 5100 they will make the event of SERN discovering time travel impossible, so the current worldline is not viable. Remember that Suzaha told Okabe and Kurisu than certain events in history could trigger worldline changes like in 1975, 2000 (2000 effect) and 2010 (the invention of the first time machine).

So, by deleting this info SERN never discovers time travel and the worldline changes. This is one of the very few cases in where there's no need of D-mail to change the worldlines.

As to why Kurisu had to leave, I don't remember well but I think in the 2nd episode Kurisu said she was only staying in Japan for 4 weeks or so. So, by that time she already had to go.
Apr 9, 2016 8:06 PM
Oct 2015
HDarkmantis said:
LostBeyond said:

It's been quite some time since I watched S;G, while your question has been answered (not sure if in this exact topic, or another episode) I'll try to answer:

By deleting the information of the D-mail from the IBM 5100 they will make the event of SERN discovering time travel impossible, so the current worldline is not viable. Remember that Suzaha told Okabe and Kurisu than certain events in history could trigger worldline changes like in 1975, 2000 (2000 effect) and 2010 (the invention of the first time machine).

So, by deleting this info SERN never discovers time travel and the worldline changes. This is one of the very few cases in where there's no need of D-mail to change the worldlines.

As to why Kurisu had to leave, I don't remember well but I think in the 2nd episode Kurisu said she was only staying in Japan for 4 weeks or so. So, by that time she already had to go.

Thank you that definitely helps :) so it was so the future sern didn't go back and find the first dmail? I thought it was the sern at the present and that's what was confusing me :)
May 26, 2016 4:32 AM

May 2012
Rewatching

Damn, can't think straight after this episode. Too epic. Probably my second favorite after Madoka's episode 10. Anyways gonna watch 23B for the first time and then resume my rewatching of the last 3 episodes.
May 27, 2016 2:10 AM

May 2014
This show should have ended here.
Anyone who doesn't hate anime hasn't watched enough anime.
- Anonymous
Jun 11, 2016 1:39 PM

Jun 2015
I'm deeply hurt and my sad state was broke by this last scene what was that? Everything was supposed to end once they return to beta timeline.
If you are going to disagree with me, don't bother talking to me. I will seriously hurt you!
Jun 12, 2016 4:09 AM

Mar 2016
Niveen_Sleem said:
I'm deeply hurt and my sad state was broke by this last scene what was that? Everything was supposed to end once they return to beta timeline.

No it wasn't :) You didn't pay attention to many details in Episode 1 :)
Jun 12, 2016 5:17 AM

Jun 2015
HoTTab1CH said:
Niveen_Sleem said:

I meant that for him everything was supposed to be OK but he forgot about Makise's death. I really didn't understand how timelines changed because I didn't remember the first D-mail.
If you are going to disagree with me, don't bother talking to me. I will seriously hurt you!
Jun 12, 2016 5:23 AM

Mar 2016
Niveen_Sleem said:
HoTTab1CH said:

I meant that for him everything was supposed to be OK but he forgot about Makise's death. I really didn't understand how timelines changed because I didn't remember the first D-mail.

You mean he forgot about Kurisu death in the end of 22 episode? No he didn't, he just accepted that she died.
About time lines, If you ended watching all episodes I answered to other guy's question in ep24 discussion.
Jun 13, 2016 11:48 AM

Jun 2015
HoTTab1CH said:
Niveen_Sleem said:

You mean he forgot about Kurisu death in the end of 22 episode? No he didn't, he just accepted that she died.
About time lines, If you ended watching all episodes I answered to other guy's question in ep24 discussion.

yes I finished and I get everything thanks for help I really appreciate it. I'm going to watch the movie now
Jun 20, 2016 3:44 AM

Feb 2016
Why did kurisu have to die? she was my favourite character ;-;
Jun 20, 2016 4:41 AM

Nov 2015
horizon1998 said:
Why did Kurisu have to die? she was my favorite character ;-;
These, kids, is why you watch the 100% of the episodes and not abandon them as soon the ending song starts playing jaja.

But yeah, her death was necessary.
Jun 21, 2016 10:58 AM

Feb 2016
HDarkmantis said:
horizon1998 said:
Why did Kurisu have to die? she was my favorite character ;-;
These, kids, is why you watch the 100% of the episodes and not abandon them as soon the ending song starts playing jaja.

But yeah, her death was necessary.

well, i like that ending song so even if she didnt die i would watch the whole episode XD i think that the reason why they killed her was to prevent the series from getting boring.
Jul 1, 2016 12:36 PM

Apr 2015
So much water coming out from my eyes.......
Jul 27, 2016 2:55 PM

Jun 2016
I think this was the best episode so far.
And well, I never expected so much romance and drama in this series.
I don't think it is over for Makise, though. Or I don't want to think.
Aug 13, 2016 8:52 AM

Aug 2012
The most beautiful (and romantic) declaration and love seen imo!!! The moment he tells her she is the one he loves the most, so unexpectidly and geniunly it was heartbreaking!! It was obvious that they were in love but I wasn't expecting it to be said so clearly, that Okarin actually knew he loved her!!
Wasn't expecting it but Okarin x Kurisu best couple in the anime world imo!!!
Sep 2, 2016 4:21 AM

Jun 2015
Rewatching.

This episode only nearly beats everything I've experienced in anime. Truly the ultimate one.

The greatest anime.
ok :p
Sep 14, 2016 2:09 AM
Apr 2014
This episode was really good.
Oct 11, 2016 4:17 AM

Jan 2016
Jesus that was amazing. Didn't really like the first half that much but that ending was fuckin perfect.

it's FINALLY over 1% now and we have WW3!! Lawd have mercy
Oct 31, 2016 10:57 PM

Sep 2016
Sanguis said:
NNNG. That was amazing! That kiss was absolutely perfect! Gosh, I love this show so much.
Oh damn, son, WWIII?
Can't believe only 2 episodes are left...
awe man ikr soo many feels
Facta Non Verba
Nov 6, 2016 8:36 PM

Sep 2013
A really great episode, and that kiss scene and fake ending... OH MY GOD!!!!

The only thing that kind of loses me is the scene where Mayuri tells Okabe that everythings alright and that he can cry for himself now.

Does she remember everything from the previous world line? her deaths, the results of switching lines, etc.? or am I missing something?
"You and your third dimension"
Nov 19, 2016 1:14 AM

Oct 2016
Kissing scene in anime usually makes me cringe. But wow, that's beautiful. Now I understand why Kurisu has 19000 favorites. lol
Jan 15, 2017 10:03 AM

May 2016
A kiss in their last day and confession damnit why they would break up T_T
Jan 15, 2017 10:07 AM

Jun 2013
Wow, except, there's two more episodes...
"The will to live is stronger than anything else"
Feb 4, 2017 8:33 PM

Jan 2016
I don't know if I've gone numb or what, but I teared throughout the episode, but once he crossed the one-percent divergence barrier, and everything went back to null, I didn't cry....I just kept clutching everything around me really tightly....

By the way, did anyone see the last minute of that episode? What happened after the credits....? Suzuha called him....he needs to prevent World War 3 from happening.....it doesn't sound like she is intending to kill Kurisu just yet....then.....this is a different world line than the first one they were in.....despite crossing the one-percent divergence barrier....

can she still be saved...?
Feb 23, 2017 7:10 AM

Feb 2016
tfw "Okarin you have to stop WW3"
Mar 15, 2017 3:35 AM
Jun 2013
we finally see kurisu boobs lol. it was nice to see kurisu let okabe know that doing this will eventually turn him into a husk of the man he was. I mean if it gets to the point where you just shrug off your closest friends death like nothing then theres a problem with you. The whole moment with these two was sweet and also super freaking corny.Its nice to see romance done competently. Im just happy they said I love you and kissed. Its annoying when a show doesint include that part at all when you know thats what they want to happen. though it was kind of a ass move on kurisu part to run back. I also think he got the point you loved him with all the kissing and stuff you said. Im sorry but the ww3 shit was so freaking random and funny even thought they meant it to be shocking.

i will have to say though him saying "your the most important person in my life" just kinda feels like he was trying to score some points. Since to be honest end of the day the most important person to him is mayuri going by the hell he went through for her alone. I mean the most important person to you doesint have to have to be romantic. So nice play there mad scientist.
souledge94Mar 15, 2017 3:50 AM
Mar 21, 2017 12:53 AM

May 2013
Aaawwww, those kisses were so heavenly sweet <3

"Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad."
I love how Kurisu is such a nerd about this LOLOL
May 17, 2017 7:27 PM

Nov 2015
[Rewatch - BD version]

This episode was so romantic. I mean, wow, the charge of feels is too strong.
Like the first time I watched it, it made me shed a tear.

This was the kiss I was not expecting to happen, yet I jumped of emotion when it happened. Still, to this date, this episode is my favorite. All the dialogs, the development, actions, everything that was set to lead to this event... it was amazing.

Kurisu's monologue was heart touching. "...and someday, when you kiss someone... It doesn't have to be every time, but once every one hundred times, I wish you think about me. I'll transcend the 1% barrier..." Oh Kurisu, you break my heart into pieces...

Okabe's face when the D-mail got deleted, just in the moment Kurisu was gonna say she loved him back... his eyes... his pain... his sorrow, perfectly reflected on his expresion.

This is the Fake Ending
If this were the real ending to Steins;Gate, it would have been so sad. I mean, "thanks to the phone microwave I met Kurisu"... He could meet that girl that he would never otherwise. He met that girl that is dead in this worldline. He met his other half, and could never be whole.

I remember I watched this episode twice the first time I watched Steins;Gate.... I might do it again.
Jun 15, 2017 10:51 AM

Mar 2017
Beautiful yet heart breaking episode. I cried when Kurisu said goodbye. I really hope this series ends on a more positive note.
Jun 22, 2017 9:23 PM

May 2015
I'm pretty sure Okabe would have indefinitely time leaped trying to save either one of both of them if Kurisu had not convinced him otherwise. He would have done this forever until he mentally snapped from the repetition and killing himself. There was no way he was ever going to conciously choose one over the other without an intervening voice in the matter. I'm pretty sure he already is a bit insane at this point, there's no way he's going to go back to his normal self. He's scarred for the rest of his life.
Jun 23, 2017 8:58 AM

Feb 2016
myfoxhat said:
I'm pretty sure Okabe would have indefinitely time leaped trying to save either one of both of them if Kurisu had not convinced him otherwise. He would have done this forever until he mentally snapped from the repetition and killing himself. There was no way he was ever going to conciously choose one over the other without an intervening voice in the matter. I'm pretty sure he already is a bit insane at this point, there's no way he's going to go back to his normal self. He's scarred for the rest of his life.

There's an ending in the VN that covers a similar scenario:
AquamirrorJun 23, 2017 9:13 AM
Jul 8, 2017 6:07 PM
Jul 2017
kurisu i love u 😢😢
i knew it that first d mail will lead into kurisu death. but that moment so epic when they kissing🤗
Jul 16, 2017 1:19 PM

Jan 2014
Uh question, we know that he's gone back to the beta world line. He knows that Kurisu will be stabbed, so why not just go there and try to prevent her from being stabbed Or I guess he can't do that because he went back to a point in time after Kurisu's death? I admit, I haven't being following the dates
Jul 16, 2017 1:26 PM

Feb 2016
Transience said:
Uh question, we know that he's gone back to the beta world line. He knows that Kurisu will be stabbed, so why not just go there and try to prevent her from being stabbed Or I guess he can't do that because he went back to a point in time after Kurisu's death? I admit, I haven't being following the dates

Around 3-4 weeks have passed, and the time leap machine doesn't exist on this worldline so he can't go back. Kurisu built it. :)
Jul 25, 2017 9:54 PM
Mar 2016
ive been waiting for them for so long to kiss,oh my god. i cried so hard during this ep
Aug 1, 2017 1:21 PM

Oct 2014
Happy to see a confession and kiss, but still :(

Hopefully, considering there are two episodes left, and with Suzuha back in the picture, there is some way to save Kurisu after all. Technically she's already dead here, but maybe they can shift to a third world line?
Aug 25, 2017 2:01 AM

Jul 2017
almost made me burst into tears but luckily my mum came in screaming about an untidy room LOL
Sep 10, 2017 2:38 PM

Apr 2017
Makise is the best Tsundere I've ever seen so far

Sep 20, 2017 9:32 AM
Jan 2010
I'm usually very lazy but I just need to say something for this episode in particular lol.

That's a materpiece right there, I didn't expect this anime to be about romance but it definitively is, and holy shit, it's a fucking great romance, the best one I've watched in anime.

Never a character climbed my top characters list as fast as Kurisu. How can a girl be this good? I loved the pairing with okabe.

This episode was strong, sad, brilliant. This series definitively deserves the 9+ rating it has
Sep 20, 2017 11:46 AM

Mar 2016
GBcrazy said:

This episode was strong, sad, brilliant. This series definitively deserves the 9+ rating it has

>Completed 24/24 · Scored 10

Guess final episodes made it even more :)
Sep 28, 2017 6:05 PM

Apr 2014
didn't really like this episode because i'm not a fan of Kurisu, but it was okay. i really hope this show doesn't pull a plot convenience card where everyone survives and lives happily ever after
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (17) « First ... « 12 13 [14] 15 16 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Steins;Gate Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Rezurrekt - Jul 13, 2011

270 by FarCritical »»
Yesterday, 9:48 AM

Poll: » Steins;Gate Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Oosran - Jul 5, 2011

462 by FarCritical »»
Yesterday, 2:06 AM

Poll: » Steins;Gate Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Oosran - Jun 28, 2011

630 by FarCritical »»
Sep 26, 5:59 PM

Poll: » Steins;Gate Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

LadyOrihime - Sep 6, 2011

688 by rimopa »»
Sep 26, 3:59 PM

Poll: » Steins;Gate Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

BladedWarrior - May 31, 2011

420 by Dienen »»
Sep 26, 2:27 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.