Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (13) « First ... « 10 11 [12] 13 »
Jul 3, 2016 12:58 AM
Aug 2014
In the ending montage, there was a scene that depicts why Mashiro was interested in drawing manga (the kids reading the manga inside the exhibit). I was just curious whether this flashback was actually in the previous episodes. Was it?
Jul 18, 2016 3:55 AM

Mar 2015
Welp, this show caught me completely off-guard.

The bad:

Second part lacked comedy and fan-service imo.

The ugly:

Akasaka. Wannabe smartass, unfunny, insensitive, trap.

The good:

Misaki and Mashiro were mostly hilarious. Almost nothing in this show felt forced; drama, comedy, feels moments blended very well. Even when it tackled some real issues it did so very well. Overall, a heart-warming friendship story (among others).

It has become an instant favorite of mine. Overall the ride was awesome. 9.5/10 for me.
Je trempe mes cookies dans tes larmes.
Jul 21, 2016 11:56 AM

May 2016
It would have been great anime if there wasn't so much failure and that stupid cat Hikari she doesn't let us enjoy the kiss stupid cat
Aug 2, 2016 9:51 PM

Jul 2015
LMAO can we just take a moment? The new girl at Sakurasou said she was switching living spaces partly because of her annoying and loud roommate, and Sorata's sister later admitted to being her roommate at the hot pot dinner
I'm deceased
Well that was fun
Aug 4, 2016 5:18 PM

Dec 2015
Well Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo was the ultimate surprise. I never would have thought it would be this good! I love it! I love this anime! I really love it. I just saw a clip or two about it and a few pictures and thought it looked interesting, but it had such depth! I am really glad it was 24 episodes long instead of like 12...
As most of the times when finishing an anime, my emotions are spiraling out of control, but I think I'll still remember it for a long time. Very emotional and actually such a deep anime. I loved the last three episodes so much.. Of course I also cried a bit.
Will certainly rewatch it someday!
Gave it a 10 out of 10! Great finish to an amazing anime ^^.
''One is enough, find someone completely unique'' -Yato
''You can't feel lonely if there's no one else around'' -Yamaken
''Because it's broken, it will never recover'' -Nanami
Aug 7, 2016 6:12 AM
Mar 2016
Naranja128 said:
Enjoyed this anime much more than I had expected, I guess I could say it's one of my favorites now. The end left the series open though.

Does anybody know until what volume of the light novel does the anime adapt? Same with the manga.

6 chapters. It consists of 10 chapters.
Sep 6, 2016 11:44 AM

Dec 2009
Stupid cat, ruined the kiss. Well, it pretty much sums up all the frustration when watching Kanda and Mashiro. There is a limit to being dense, Kanda ... Listen to your dad and make the choice.
IMO the anime would have been much better had there been more romance between Mashiro and Kanda. Although if it's based on a light-novel, maybe the writer's wish was different ...
Laughed at the horror scene. Definitely was the best welcome ever
I like how they added new residents to Sakurasou, although not sure about the pervert one. The new or maybe not neighbour is funny too
All in all it was a good anime. Was worth the time
Sep 6, 2016 7:38 PM

Feb 2013
On the one hand maybe its a bit dissatisfying that the romance didn't really go more in depth yeah, I can certainly understand why people would feel that way. But I personally actually don't mind it that much. Kanda is still young, there is still lots to come for him. I don't see it as a romance series anyway. This is about teamwork, friendship, fighting spirit and student life. Amazing anime.
Nov 10, 2016 1:23 AM

Nov 2016
It was a good series. Not in my top 10 but was worth the watch (Shiina is still in my top 10 anime girls though). 7/10
Dec 15, 2016 12:31 PM
May 2015
Amazing anime, I really enjoyed it ! One of my favorites anime ! Thank you Sakurasou !!
XaizoDec 15, 2016 2:38 PM
Dec 22, 2016 2:39 AM
Dec 2016
What everybody knows in the episode where this song came up?, I really like this song :(
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KmcQqrHGscU&t=99s
Jan 10, 2017 2:18 AM
Jun 2016
DAMN CAT! Anyways, all these kisses were worth it! Probably one of my favorite finales yet! New characters in the finale! I love you Sakurasou! Definitely my favorite slice of life/ school anime yet! Satisfying and Excellent! I am now a fan!
Jan 11, 2017 12:51 AM

Dec 2015
That was a good way to end it, I liked it. Fuck you for not giving us the kiss tho xD
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Jan 15, 2017 10:06 PM

Jan 2017
Loved the show! Does the Manga/LN (not sure what this is based on) continue further?
Jan 24, 2017 6:51 AM
Jan 2017
It is a good ride.

Rita x Ryuu. *sighs* They're one of my favorite OTP's now.
Feb 2, 2017 4:19 AM

May 2008
The first part of the show was fun and entertaining, but the second one was a bit too dramatic and more focused on work and relationship.

Even though Mashiro is the main char she got less screen time than Aoyama at the second part. They need to display her thought much more since she is a silent char which doesn't show much emotion.

The relationship between Sorata and Aoyama feels more natural because of that.
On the other hand we can see Sorata always getting irritated when he is with Mashiro which make it less believeable at the final part that he is suddenly actually in love with Mashiro.

The char with the most impact of this show was Misaki. It is always fun to see her around and doing crazy stuff. The speech at the end was very powerful.

Rita & Ryu was also fun to watch... hell not sure why, but the main chars felt pretty boring to me on the second part.
Feb 12, 2017 7:55 AM

Aug 2016
Thought it was a nice end ^^
I hope for a season two, or at least an OVA.
Mar 5, 2017 9:11 PM

Dec 2014
I should have never trusted a show that started with a panty show. This is by far the closest I've ever came to dropping something. I don't even feel like typing out my opinions on this so I won't.

1/10
Mar 11, 2017 1:02 PM
Jun 2015
xShinji said:
Hope there is 2nd season after the LN is finish #.# I want to see how the new student will live in Sakurasou :P ...It seems there i s high chance there gonna be 2nd season to me....

8.5/10 for me ~~

So you mean Once Light Novel finisheses more episodes come? I wanna know because I am not familiar with this kind of stuff.
Mar 11, 2017 1:06 PM
Jun 2015
Jonny_Mhl said:
Waiting for subs on my native language but i can't wait...*throws desk up*

When will they sub it!!!!!!!!
Mar 11, 2017 1:08 PM
Jun 2015
bdsbff said:
I should have never trusted a show that started with a panty show. This is by far the closest I've ever came to dropping something. I don't even feel like typing out my opinions on this so I won't.

1/10

Well I don't mind u saying that but can I ask why, I can understand that this anime can disappoint people easily.
Mar 21, 2017 8:32 PM
Jul 2016
Show felt kinda long and uninteresting at some points, however it was all worth it for the last two episodes.
Apr 8, 2017 2:40 PM

Oct 2016
Shiina is that type of an anime girl that leave a mark in my anime history, Same thing happened to Kanade in Angel Beats and CC in Code Geass.
But do not distress yourself with dark imaginings.
Apr 12, 2017 6:58 PM

Mar 2013
This was a good anime. I enjoyed so much. It is encouraging to never give up and trying to reach the your own goals. It doesn't matter who you are or life isn't fair, in order to reach the your own goal you should just work hard and try again and again, until you succeed.
Jun 6, 2017 9:04 AM

Jun 2015
Labmonkey said:
AlexGK said:

No girl in this show can hold a candle to Misaki. She stole entire episodes, like this last one for example, with just 5 minutes air time. Fucking great, actually, excluding the main trio, every single character was amazing. Story too, overall, solid 10/10 from me.

Aoyama easily beat out Mashiro. A hard-working selfless individual who doesn't give up on her dreams vs. a no personality little no friends who uses her autism as an excuse to show her body off?
Don't give me ***p about stealing episodes, the show was about her.
And also, as a diehard shipper of sorata X Aoyama, should I continue with the LN or will I be depressed?

I totalle agree. Nanami is best girl. A hard worker who never gave up on her dreams. I am sad to see one more time the girl who has always loved the main character never win his heart. Anyway. No dont continue with the LN, my friend. You will get heavily depressed. xD
Jun 26, 2017 8:20 AM

Nov 2016
It's a masterpiece. What color do you want to be?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 20, 2017 1:57 PM

Jun 2017
An absolute adorable Episode and Anime overall!:)
Enjoyed every minute of it even when there was so much sobbing...

Gonna miss everyone of Sakurasou :/ I really lol'd when Misaki-senpai came as their neighbour haha^^ Good for Aoyama to be back and even Sorata got a little kiss ;)

Oct 4, 2017 3:09 PM

Aug 2014
After last two episodes I had to raise my vote from 8 to 9 :)

Great anime at the start and the end, only a little weaker in the middle but only for few episodes.
Too bad there won't be any more stories, but an Ova would be nice.

I liked ED's songs very much, many funny moments, one or two good drama moments, maybe I could give it even 10, but I am not sure as it didn't hook me up enough to speed watch all 24 episodes and it took me a month.

I liked both Nanami and Mashiro, but Nanami takes first place for me :) Actually every character in this anime is great!

I wish I had at least half of great school life like the characters in this anime, too bad...
Thyriad-oPPailovOct 4, 2017 3:14 PM
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ ちゅっ ちゅっ キス (´。✪ω✪。`)

I hate it when anime/manga that I enjoyed ends, especially when there could be much longer plot and when I love main heroine :P

I wish I had magic glasses that let me see real world in anime colors ;)
Oct 12, 2017 10:29 AM
Jul 2017
I LOVE THIS ANIME SO MUCH :_____: I CANT HANDLE ALL THESE FEELINGS.

Ill make a short review here i suppose;

When i began watching sakurasou no pet na kanojo i tought it was just a shit ecchi anime with a retarded girl involved,
but i've set up a rule, never judge to early, i always watch until the end.

Im soo glad i did :__:

The series began picking up from out of nowhere and i was instantly hooked,
i watched their friendship grow, their group just seemed to be perfect, just something amasing and truly beautiful.
I must say that this is one of the best animes i've ever seen.
If i had to criticise it for something it would be the start, and ep 24.
Episode 23 was my favorite no doubt about that, but it left some things unawnsered,
for example who was Sorata going to choose; Shiina or Ayoama? What will happen to the next residents? what about their story??????(IM CURIOUS!) what happens Misaki and Jin? What happens to Ryuunosuke and Rita??? I DEMAND another season because this anime is SOOO GOOD, but it left some things not awnsered- And i just got to learn the characters, now i want to see them more!!
Please bring me another season and more joy and sadness. <3
I beg you.

Overall rating: 9/10 <333 Could easily have gotten a 10/10 if it didn't leave things unawnsered...(SES2- Make it happen)
Kokoro Connect <3
Nov 29, 2017 11:54 PM
Nov 2017
So, I might be late of 4 years lol. However I just finished Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo and I really liked the anime but the ending was rushed.

I was randomly on the internet and I found this pole which is trying to get enough signatures for the second season. Around 24,467 people signed it, the goal is 25,000. This is the link if you want to sign it:

https://www.change.org/p/j-c-staff-make-sakurasou-no-pet-na-kanojo-season-2?recruiter=838631750&utm_source=share_petition&utm_medium=copylink&utm_campaign=share_page
Dec 9, 2017 3:52 PM

Nov 2017
i just watched this series and i gotta say it was a fun ride with a gear ending , probably few years late to be asking but this part in the flashbacks of episode 24

i don't remember that part of the anime its a flash back explaining why mashiro wanted to draw manga but for the life of me i can remember which episode unless they used cut content for the flash backs
Dec 23, 2017 6:20 PM

Nov 2016
Spectacular final, I love these kind of enings were they review all the highlights of the show,especially for a fun one like this.

Great ride overall, one of the most cheerful shows out there, cast was quirky and memorable and almost everything was well presented.

Will come back for a rewatch for sure.

8,5/10

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Mar 18, 2018 1:13 AM

Jun 2008
I’m pretty mixed with this anime.

First the Good...

There were plenty of fun episodes, funny moments, and Shiina was quite the endearing character.

Now the BAD!

Oh boy, where do I begin....I guess with the MC and how unlikable he really is...throughout the whole series, he’s overly emotional, overly dramatic, and constantly takes his anger on the girl we’re supposed to believe he’s in love with!

He constantly fails...which is fine, but the way he handles failure is pathetic!

Then you have Nanami who only goes to Sakura-sou because she loves MC...by the end she couldn’t even tell him how she really feels since she knew she had “lost”...sucks to be her, but she’s still living at Sakura-sou, one can only imagine that MC X Shiina’s relationship will get deeper, while she has no choice but to look from the background...basically, she got cucked!

But one thing that really bugged me at the end was that MC was giving this speech to Shiina about how Sakura-Sou is NOT the building...Sakura-Sou will live on as long as the Characters are together and all that mushy nonsense...

And yet...they still tried desperately to save the fucking building! Making that entire speech completely meaningless.

I actually would’ve liked to have seen the building demolished, but the characters stay together, and thus Sakura-Sou lives on, since what made Sakura-sou special wasn’t the building, it was the characters and their interactions with each other.

But I guess that ending would not have been as over-the-top like the one we got where all the characters are crying like crazy and they stage this huge thing at the graduating ceremony to save the fucking building that the MC had already said is NOT what made Sakura-sou special!

Whatever tho...it was mostly fun, but I feel that the MC was too overbearing and the way it ended was kinda dumb.

6/10

Apr 19, 2018 12:23 PM
Aug 2012
ippai arigatou! I sheerly enjoyed this cheerful series, also it reminded me about the honey and clover where I was crying mostly, but here while watching them I've been charging my life batteries every time)
May 25, 2018 1:37 PM
May 2018
no offence guys but do uou find aoyama so irritating......im soooo irritated
Oct 12, 2018 9:31 AM

Feb 2017
Nice final episode. It was really enjoyable show with fun and memorable cast.
Nov 14, 2018 11:26 AM
Nov 2018
Would anyone know if there is coming a season 2? Even if u say no I'm not giving up on it though :D!
Nov 19, 2018 9:55 AM

Sep 2017
Seems like no seaon 2 is going to come soon, can anyone tell me where does the anime stops in the manga please?
yikes
Jan 2, 2019 4:51 AM
May 2018
the episode was good! yet some parts should've been longer especially the goodbye scenes. loved the anime even though its quite 'rushed' and 'distorted'
Jan 5, 2019 3:11 PM
Jan 2019
I would prefer to see Aoyama with Sorata XD
...I loved this anime!
Jan 20, 2019 3:44 PM

Oct 2018
A part of me wishes Nanami would have ended with Sorata (because she's the best girl, sorry Mashiro) but then Sorata is not really worth a girl like Nanami, come on...

Anyways, great end to a great anime; the end plays as a possible chance to a second season (which won't ever happen, but well...) or an ending to the story overall. This episode was truly amazing, I really enjoyed it :)
Mar 29, 2019 1:12 PM

Mar 2019
besides Kanda being way too harsh when Mashiro comes to him and just needs help or doesn't understand something and the kiss being ruined by the cat, this was a wonderful series.
Apr 27, 2019 8:06 PM

Oct 2010
Mashiro doesn’t deserve Sorata. She’s garbage.
Jul 10, 2019 9:29 PM
Jan 2017
I really liked the topic of this of the various students in the dorm following their different dreams. ultimately, I didnt really care for the romance stuff between shina and sorata. I mean its touching and all but I was in this mainly for the fact this was mostly about making a game. and I almost dropped this anime completely since it seemed to be an unreal fantasy of just put the tiniest bit of passion into something and you win at life. so I liked how they made it a bit realistic with the when sorata failed, but his friends are always there to support him angle.
overall 8/10
Jul 16, 2019 10:50 AM

Jul 2014
I'm glad the show wasn't just "haha autistic girl gets naked" jokes like at the beginning, but I wasn't really captivated by it either.

4/10
Jul 26, 2019 7:01 AM

Aug 2018
Well that was a hell of a ride. Melodramatic in bits? Sure. But the core themes of talent vs. hard work were well explored. It really is a "coming of age" show more than many that call themselves that.

Some fantastic episodes and scenes worthy of a rewatch. Episode 12's big concert/presentation and the swimming pool episode were two highlights in particular. Many more besides.

I think most people who watched this show and liked it felt themselves to be honorary Sakura hall residents by the end, which is a pretty big compliment.

I was really rooting for Nanami, though. She's REAL; Mashiro and Sorata's relationship is codependent, which is fine as far as that goes, but I think Nanami and her Kanda-kun would have the potential to weather conflicts better in the long term. Sorata wasn't the most appealing protagonist I've ever seen---which ironically makes him more relatable---so part of me thinks Nanami actually deserves better than him... But I'm glad they didn't pair her up with Miyahara at the end, though; that would have felt forced, and like a sop to the audience.

Sigh.

Overall I give it an 8.5/10 (rounded up to 9/10 for MAL rating purposes).
boldulyssesJul 26, 2019 7:05 AM
Set SCE to AUX
Aug 5, 2019 7:35 PM
Dec 2018
When I started watching the show, I really enjoyed it. It seemed to be more comedic (I laughed my ass off in ep.7) but then reality kicked in and depression all the way.

But something which really bugged me was the relationship between Kanda and Shiina. Seriously I can't see why Kanda would pick Shiina over Aoyama. Basically the whole show we get hints of Aoyama and Kanda being a good match. Even Shiina said so out of jealousy. They share similar problems, talk, and cry about them. The whole anime basically shows us that these two are a great match and Shiina actually isn't. Kanda himself said that she is a reason why he is depressed but yeah he loves her. Why though? Because she looks good under cherry blossoms? When does the anime tell us why he loves her? Most of the time I see him being annoyed or concerned about her but love? She had her cute moments when she grew into a real person but is cuteness really the reason?

I just had to get this out but still overall I think it's a good watch
Aug 5, 2019 8:36 PM

Aug 2018
Maxholsen said:
But something which really bugged me was the relationship between Kanda and Shiina. Seriously I can't see why Kanda would pick Shiina over Aoyama. Basically the whole show we get hints of Aoyama and Kanda being a good match. Even Shiina said so out of jealousy. They share similar problems, talk, and cry about them. The whole anime basically shows us that these two are a great match and Shiina actually isn't. Kanda himself said that she is a reason why he is depressed but yeah he loves her. Why though? Because she looks good under cherry blossoms? When does the anime tell us why he loves her? Most of the time I see him being annoyed or concerned about her but love? She had her cute moments when she grew into a real person but is cuteness really the reason?

The Kanda-Shiina dynamic doesn't bode well for the long-term health of their relationship, IMO. Yes, she inspires him to work harder (this is what the anime communicates for why he loves her), but the effortlessness with which she achieves things b/c of her natural talent creates real resentment... Nevermind the fact that they're so dependent on each other (she on him for just basic daily life, and he on her for any kind of drive whatsoever).

I get that the show set us up for a Kanda-Shiina pairing from Episode 1, but how refreshing would it have been for Kanda to say to Shiina at some point in the last episode "You've taught me so much about the importance of having a self-generated purpose and drive, and I'm so grateful for that. But I need to move on and share that with someone who I can help inspire, and who has supported me from Day 1..."
Set SCE to AUX
Sep 10, 2019 1:05 PM

Jun 2019
This anime was awesome. Well deserved 9/10, very much succeeded on getting you to feel like a part of the Sakurasou gang.

Oct 23, 2019 9:45 AM

Nov 2017
I'm genuinely surprised this hasn't gotten a 2nd season. Some new characters are introduced and I'm interested to know what they're 'bout and how they'll interact with the others. Oh well, it was a fun/great anime! :-)
Pages (13) « First ... « 10 11 [12] 13 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 8, 2012

289 by Nayasianboy »»
May 21, 6:31 AM

Poll: » Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 18, 2013

402 by HandSonicPlayer »»
May 4, 11:16 AM

Poll: » Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Oct 22, 2012

246 by Kristhian1_ »»
May 1, 2:28 PM

Poll: » Best Girl

Shizuna - Mar 23, 2022

29 by Mochi_i »»
Mar 31, 10:42 AM

Poll: » Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 11, 2013

227 by JoaoPedru »»
Mar 24, 11:43 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.