Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Sep 20, 2013 3:49 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Started badly and some of the characters are kind of annoying, but the level of mecha action and overall solid story make this a very entertaining watch. I look forward to a second season.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Sep 20, 2013 6:48 AM

Jul 2009
Need gifs of this episode. Too awesome to describe in mere words.
'Everything is impossible until proven possible.' - Me

Sep 20, 2013 7:23 AM

Jan 2013
There is practically zero chance of Izuru and Teoria hooking up.

Teoria is, for all intents and purposes, Izuru's mother. Taking the route of least assumptions, Izuru got half of his chromosomes from Simon and half from Teoria. So that's already the realm of parental incest.

Add to that the fact that Teoria's memory hasn't been wiped and she knows that Izuru is the product of her genetic material. That may or may not be a deterrent, depending on her culture.

But the biggest impediment is Izuru, himself. We saw how quickly he adopted Asagi as family once he found out they were brothers. The second anyone tells him Teoria is his mother, that affection of his will transform and Kei will find herself without much of a rival for Izuru.
Sep 20, 2013 7:57 AM

Nov 2011
Robbini said:
Need gifs of this episode. Too awesome to describe in mere words.

http://i.minus.com/ib1p0HkH4L3hw6.gif
Sep 20, 2013 8:40 AM

Jul 2009
Now we need a 2nd season with that ending.

So this girl was hiding her pretty eyes during the entire season?

http://img801.imageshack.us/img801/5381/0rrl.png

7/10 for me, despite having some minor flaws.
Sep 20, 2013 9:30 AM

Mar 2010
Jonny_Mhl said:
Now we need a 2nd season with that ending.

So this girl was hiding her pretty eyes during the entire season?

http://img801.imageshack.us/img801/5381/0rrl.png

7/10 for me, despite having some minor flaws.

someone besides me actually caught that nice.
Sep 20, 2013 11:53 AM

Jan 2013
Nice final fight scenes, well animated.
Sep 20, 2013 1:24 PM

Jun 2013
amazing fight scenes the budget was pretty big i think and he transformed cool and that didn't feel like an ending at all
Sep 20, 2013 1:32 PM

Oct 2011
OMG what an epic ending!!!!! Season 2!!!!!!!
Sep 20, 2013 4:00 PM

Apr 2007
-Insulting Izuru to bring him back to normal
-"Go crush that Wulgaru bastard named Desert, Gelato, Tomato, Potato, or whatever!" ~Ange-chan

lol so awesome

Very underwhelming series with some faults here and there, but overall I enjoyed it quite a bit. They opened some interesting things at the end too...if they do go through with a second season I'll probably watch it.
Sep 20, 2013 4:49 PM

Oct 2010
That was really good intense episode, good mecha action but somehow I preferred the previous battle more when they didn't have all those wings. It ended with absolutely no resolve, so thats kinda bad. I also hated the fact that only Izuru could go toe to toe with enemy Commanders, with others barely keeping up as a group. Except maybe Ange but even he/she needed help. Guess no transformations for others, unless we see it in a second season, if there is one.

Theoria was disappointment for me, she was just shooting lasers from aside and I was really looking forward for her to go badass in a field. Guess I was expecting too much. Love triangles and other stuff just left there as some kind of a tease as well.

Good series, loved the characters but I expected better ending then just rejoicing after battle. If there is second season then I'm pretty much looking forward to it. ^^
Sep 20, 2013 6:01 PM

Dec 2009
Does anyone know the song's name used in the beginning of the last episode? I love it but can't seem to find the name of the song.
Sep 20, 2013 6:04 PM

Jun 2013
Wait is Juria Theoria or someone else? It sounds like someone from his past, maybe the reason for his scar, but I hear a lot of people assuming its Theoria. So which is it?
Sep 20, 2013 6:52 PM

Apr 2007
krownklown said:
Wait is Juria Theoria or someone else? It sounds like someone from his past, maybe the reason for his scar, but I hear a lot of people assuming its Theoria. So which is it?
I get the feeling it was someone else. Why else would Simon say something along the lines of "sorry I didn't die, I can't join you yet" like a woman he loved died in the past or whatever.

But I don't remember if it was explained exactly who/what created the Juria system, other than the mechs are designed with Wulgaru technology that Theoria brought with her.
MonochromeSep 20, 2013 6:55 PM
Sep 20, 2013 9:40 PM
Lilium Gardener

Jul 2011
Fight scenes were cool. Everyone lives, bad guys included except one and even he could be alive still. They destroyed the gate, but the enemy remains. Hmm, not the best ending I could've imagined, but whatever. I enjoyed the series, but it wasn't special. 6/10
Sep 21, 2013 12:55 AM
Feb 2009
wow ending was dull...
Sep 21, 2013 1:19 AM
Jan 2009
Well, I guess that's that. There's certainly room for a sequel, since the Wulgaru aren't quite gone forever, but I don't think we'll be seeing one.

This show was a pretty good show. Not amazing, not terrible... Just good. Worth watching, though.
Pie is delicious.

Sep 21, 2013 3:36 AM

Jul 2011
I expected Izuru to die in the end but it was a nice series overall, specially the battles...

7/10
Sep 21, 2013 11:25 AM

Sep 2010
I thought this series was alright it had an amazing 1st episode then after it was a mix of mehish and decent episodes aside from the fights which were still a fun watch. Episodes 19~24 were great I just wish the whole series was like that.

6/10 I heard that they would consider a second season so if they make one I will still watch it since some of the characters interest me.
"What has two arms, two legs, and is alive? Not your favorite character lol! xD"
Sep 21, 2013 1:23 PM

Jul 2011
Bleachway said:
Does anyone know the song's name used in the beginning of the last episode? I love it but can't seem to find the name of the song.

Seems like no one is reading my earlier post :P
Sep 21, 2013 2:32 PM

Sep 2011
Well the series wasn't shit, but it wasn't great either; it had its moments of being good and bad. I quite enjoyed it though (especially the action). TBH I found it better than Valvrave but l0l Valvrave is comedy nothing else.

Anyways, 6.5/10
Sep 21, 2013 4:59 PM

Dec 2009
Darkened94 said:
Bleachway said:

Seems like no one is reading my earlier post :P

lol, went back and found it. Appreciate it!
Sep 21, 2013 7:35 PM
Dec 2012
I love how the score jumped from a 6.94 after ep 23 to a 7.46 after ep 24

not much of a mecha fan, but I loved this show. hopefully the plans for that second season work out
Sep 22, 2013 10:46 AM
May 2012
The story was well executed until the end, there were funny moments which were pretty hilarious. The fights in the final episodes were epic. But even though i thought it was great, it was a bit lacking, maybe each characters should have their own episode, as i don't see that much development.

6/10.
Sep 22, 2013 12:41 PM

Jan 2011
This show did turn out to be pretty good. A little > > at the start but turned itself around. Not the best mecha but like I said I'm pleased with how it played out. The finale was pretty decent with the very ending being expected but satisfying.

8/10
Sep 22, 2013 5:05 PM

Jul 2009
that was one hell of an ending
Don't forget.
Always, somewhere,
someone is fighting for you.
As long as you remember her,
you are not alone.
Sep 23, 2013 4:20 PM

Nov 2012
Very enjoyable show, hope it gets a chance at a continuation as there's still a bunch open to be done. Story and characters aren't anything groundbreaking but not bad either and the action was really the highlight. Really enjoyed it.

7.9/10
Sep 23, 2013 8:49 PM

Jul 2012
Hmmm the end got a bit cheesy for my normal taste but it was still fun to watch.
Sep 24, 2013 1:38 AM

Jun 2011
The series needs a second season. So many unexplained matter like the promise Izuru made to protect Theoria. Theres a ton of character development the could do too.

Though im still happy cause of the mech fights so im pretty satisfied.
Sep 24, 2013 1:04 PM

Mar 2012
The fighting is this series was pretty awesome, everything else was mostly bad especially those attempts at humor >,>

7/10.
Sep 25, 2013 5:51 PM

Dec 2007
Man all these 6/10s and "mehs" have got to get the entire fuck out of here. Best non-Macross mecha TV series I've seen in a long time. The action was intense, the characters were likable, and the comedy was mostly solid. (It's a lot funnier than a lot of the absurdist nonsense passed off in all these crappy moe shows.)

The only thing they need to develop is the plot because when the show slows down...it REALLY fucking slows down. Like, when the show's not telling jokes or doesn't have some characters in mecha it can put you to sleep, so for that reason I'm giving it an 8/10.

Needs a second season--much worse have attained the same.
Jumping in Headfirst - I hear reading it causes immortality. Warning. Reading may not actually cause immortality.
Sep 25, 2013 6:34 PM
Feb 2008
This show had a lot of potential. It brought up a lot of interesting plot points but didn't go anywhere on any of them.

Like the free will thing mentioned in the first half, and the fact that these kids were clones or something. It was making me wonder if they were programmed to fight for humanity. I think it was questioned in the show, but nothing came of it. i was hoping there would be a little conflict from it.

I didn't quite understand what the enemy was looking for. didn't understand why they couldn't be reasoned with. I didn't understand why whats her name had no remorse for betraying her people. There was a lot i didn't understand. I found myself being more critical then usual.

The characters weren't that interesting. They were annoying when they were going through their quirks.

One thing that annoyed me was when the boobed girl mentioned that battle look like fireworks. I wanted to yell at her those were people's live going up in flames, but when i stopped to think about it; that pretty much summed up the show. The fight scenes were very pretty. I liked the final battle the most. I like the homage they made to Legend of Galactic Heroes.
FrostmanSep 25, 2013 6:37 PM
Sep 26, 2013 2:43 PM
Sep 2013
i notice a lot of people seem to thing that simon was calling theoria juria. Which to me, didnt seem to be the case. It seemed more like juria was his wife who had passed on, and hes basically saying. "im sorry, i failed to die again" which means he intended to join her. at least thats how it seemed to me.

it would also make sense, since the system he helped design was named the juria system.

beyond that, good episode. plenty of mech action. good close to the season, cant wait for a second season. im pretty sure there will be one, seeing as how the wulgaru king was saying they found the perfect genes to pursue.
Sep 26, 2013 3:47 PM
Aug 2011
If there's a season 2, it'll be pretty boring. I mean, watching a bed-ridden Izuru who burnt out all his bodily functions in that last climactic fight is gonna get old really fast.

Unless the whole medical explanation of 'flying this robot is killing you' was a throw-away plot point, which would suck. All the drama and danger that kept him off the front lines to begin with was magically forgotten with a corny (albeit true Izuru-style) hero speech. I was half expecting to see some sort of follow up on the repercussions of his taking action throughout the credits, but it never came.

I liked this series overall, but it needs an OVA to tie up some loose plot points or at least set up a segue to any second season. I'm sure they could use that platform to BS some good reason why Izuru won't be losing complete control of his bladder that would satisfy most fans, myself included.
Sep 26, 2013 8:32 PM
Aug 2013
SageShinigami said:
Man all these 6/10s and "mehs" have got to get the entire fuck out of here. Best non-Macross mecha TV series I've seen in a long time. The action was intense, the characters were likable, and the comedy was mostly solid. (It's a lot funnier than a lot of the absurdist nonsense passed off in all these crappy moe shows.)

The only thing they need to develop is the plot because when the show slows down...it REALLY fucking slows down. Like, when the show's not telling jokes or doesn't have some characters in mecha it can put you to sleep, so for that reason I'm giving it an 8/10.

Needs a second season--much worse have attained the same.

I can't agree more with above quote. This is good series and is rather underrated to be honest. Definitely did a good job with the Uncle Jiart and Izuru fight scene. heh
Sep 27, 2013 12:48 AM

Jul 2008
Awesome fights at the end and throughout the show. Izuru became the badass at last and frankly all of the characters came around. If it truly ends here then fine, however I wouldn't mind a season 2.

But that said, the plot and development do need more work if they went forward, so I can't give the series more than a 6/10 overall.
Sep 29, 2013 11:41 AM

Sep 2012
I wasn't expecting Majestic Prince to be this good. It has exceeded all my expectations. Loved it from beginning to end. Of course I'm also rooting for a season 2 as well. ^___^
Sep 30, 2013 8:35 AM

Jun 2013
stevenc021 said:
i notice a lot of people seem to thing that simon was calling theoria juria. Which to me, didnt seem to be the case. It seemed more like juria was his wife who had passed on, and hes basically saying. "im sorry, i failed to die again" which means he intended to join her. at least thats how it seemed to me.

it would also make sense, since the system he helped design was named the juria system.

beyond that, good episode. plenty of mech action. good close to the season, cant wait for a second season. im pretty sure there will be one, seeing as how the wulgaru king was saying they found the perfect genes to pursue.

I think it has to do with how some think simon and theoria are a couple hence, he knew her true name; but I also got the impression that maybe she was some lost love.

Who knows maybe she is Asagi's donor and Theoria Izuru's.

Though I would have liked some acknowledgement from Jiart of being Izuru's uncle, and him saying thats why you are so good, you are my nephew.
Oct 8, 2013 4:03 PM

Jul 2010
I must admit that the final fight was fabulous. Let's be honest the animations of every fight in every episode were really high level, just for that continuity it deserves an high score. Nice OST, and that one with Chiaki-sama too.
I hope it will have a S2, there is a lot more to say about.
Oct 8, 2013 4:12 PM

Oct 2010
Majestic Prince is so far my favorite show of the season. Aside from the uber choreography, It's not breathtaking in a sense of it's story and characters, but the Team Rabbits just grew on me and I really come to like them, and from beautiful Theoria to some of the stuff members on the ship. I'm really hoping for 2nd season. ^^
Oct 13, 2013 10:31 PM

Jul 2013
Great Ending. I almost cried I thought Izuru is dead, I just remembered the ending of Gundam Seed in this ending.

I feel bad for those people who dropped it on the first 5 episodes. I am really happy I continued watching it until the end I never regret it.

I hope their will be a second season. :) GREAT SHOW!
"Anything is possible if you stop doubting yourself, so put some more faith unto you!"
Oct 14, 2013 11:28 AM

Dec 2008
I was kinda rooting for Jiart X Izuru ....
Oct 15, 2013 9:27 AM

May 2012
Izuru is still alive and well this last episode sure was impacting! Really amazing ending I must say while it's rather a direct ending it sure was great, the series in general was quite enjoyable to watch, I'm not a huge fan of mecha anime but well this sure got the right portion of action, development and a fairly slow but still decent pace! All by all not a bad Mecha anime!
Oct 23, 2013 1:47 AM

Jun 2008
wakka9ca said:
Pretty decent series. Weak start but it kept improving from there on.

Definitely well choreographed battles. Despite the cliche cast of characters, they were actually likeable in the long run.

Will definitely watch the second season if it comes out.

This is pretty much how i feel about it. Sure it could have been better but in the end it was still enjoyable and the characters even though not the most attractive, they kind of grew on you by the end.

Smallfoot said:
If there's a season 2, it'll be pretty boring. I mean, watching a bed-ridden Izuru who burnt out all his bodily functions in that last climactic fight is gonna get old really fast.

Unless the whole medical explanation of 'flying this robot is killing you' was a throw-away plot point, which would suck. All the drama and danger that kept him off the front lines to begin with was magically forgotten with a corny (albeit true Izuru-style) hero speech. I was half expecting to see some sort of follow up on the repercussions of his taking action throughout the credits, but it never came.

I liked this series overall, but it needs an OVA to tie up some loose plot points or at least set up a segue to any second season. I'm sure they could use that platform to BS some good reason why Izuru won't be losing complete control of his bladder that would satisfy most fans, myself included.

They can easily fix that by saying that Izuru won against the Julia system(since we saw he managed to master the system perfectly when he pulled those wings) and now the system can't take him over so his in no danger anymore.
MonadNov 3, 2013 1:49 AM
Oct 27, 2013 9:10 AM
Oct 2013
The first season really does leave many questions unanswered. And If there is a second season, I think Kei and Izuru should be together. There were really sweet moments in one of the episodes where Izuru was eating Kei's cake and talking with her, and later, Izuru told Kei that he'd stay alive because he wanted to keep drawing manga and eating Kei's cake. And in this last episode, where Kei was injured in an attempt to protect Izuru. Teoria is Izuru's gene donor, so she's kind of like his mother, which would be awkward if they were to get together.
Jan 10, 2014 9:07 AM

May 2012
Boring unlikable characters, boring and weak story/plot. I can't give this anime more than 5/10
Jan 13, 2014 7:55 PM

Sep 2012
Whoever thinks the mech designs are lame need to get out. Like, now.

Also, whoever did the choreographing for the fights deserve a medal.
So long as you yourself enjoy it, what does the thoughts of others matter to you?
Jan 25, 2014 10:33 AM

Jul 2010
Just watched it all in one-sitting, really hoping for a second season.
Mar 8, 2014 7:04 AM

Nov 2011
5/5

The mecha genre I think I need series like this, merely because he had given to the component on the fighting, a quality and a joy, that I missed for a long time. The rest is decent and, unfortunately, does not reach a level that would make it epic.
Unfortunately the characters are characterized, but not much and not been able to get me excite and engage against them 100%.
History, unfortunately, not too structured and not very rich in details, here the script did not give a similar contribution as during the war scenes.
Drawings marked by a simple character design, but also fun, perhaps not appreciated by many, because not too attractive.
In short, for now this series receives a good final grade, waiting for a second season.
Final rating of 7/10!
Apr 20, 2014 6:29 AM
Apr 2014
I'm still hoping the 2nd season will be a long episode more than 24 episode cuz anime in 2013 like only have 10-20 chapter
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ginga Kikoutai Majestic Prince Episode 23 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 12, 2013

33 by Archean-Return »»
Oct 18, 2023 5:02 PM

Poll: » Ginga Kikoutai Majestic Prince Episode 22 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 5, 2013

30 by Archean-Return »»
Oct 18, 2023 4:20 PM

Poll: » Ginga Kikoutai Majestic Prince Episode 21 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 29, 2013

33 by Archean-Return »»
Oct 18, 2023 3:41 PM

Poll: » Ginga Kikoutai Majestic Prince Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 22, 2013

59 by Archean-Return »»
Oct 18, 2023 3:06 PM

Poll: » Ginga Kikoutai Majestic Prince Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 15, 2013

72 by Archean-Return »»
Oct 18, 2023 2:27 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.