Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Sep 30, 2023 8:53 PM
Mar 2014
The Elf is over a 1000+ years old, and she still behaves like a kid at times 🤣

Even the Dwarf guy is getting too old to on another journey with them.

It's kind of depressing being an Elf from this point of view, unless you can live totally unattached to the world and people, it's kind of hard to live on for so many years while everything around you keeps changing
Sep 30, 2023 9:20 PM
Aug 2021
Interestingly enough, this frieren adventure reminds me of fushi from to your eternity.
Will eventually frieren be left behind one by one by his colleagues because of age like fushi?
Sep 30, 2023 9:22 PM
Aug 2021
Interestingly enough, this frieren adventure reminds me of fushi from to your eternity.
Will eventually frieren be left behind one by one by his colleagues because of age like fushi?
Sep 30, 2023 10:28 PM

Apr 2020
hello people of the future, yes this seems like a great anime. Perhaps one of the masterpieces. Or maybe that's an over exaggeration, but either way, it presents lifelong questions or something like that. In a beautiful way too.
Something good about frieren, the character, is that she seems to adapt pretty well to the new environment around her despite social changes going on. Or maybe she doesn't need to try too hard?
ow + nw = 90-2000s

Sep 30, 2023 11:29 PM
Dec 2019
Great episode, extremely well donned, i can't wait for the next
Oct 1, 2023 4:43 AM

Nov 2021
this looks like an interesting fantasy anime... the OP & animation were really good too.
Oct 1, 2023 5:31 AM

Mar 2008
Frieren has a cute grumpy sleepy face heh

Seems nice to clean up a beach. They sure could use a proper lighthouse to stop ships crashing in.

Viewing the sunset isnt so much about the view but the shared experience is what she managed to realize.

A ten year journey? Fern better hope Frieren finds a spell to make it shorter if she asks
Oct 1, 2023 6:01 AM
Aug 2017
It was amazing, must watch to keep it spoiler free.
Oct 1, 2023 6:35 AM
Feb 2020
This anime is gorgeous, and its soundtrack is 💘
Oct 1, 2023 9:34 AM

May 2015
On the demon king castle.
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Oct 1, 2023 9:34 AM
Apr 2020
rj0q3w8reub3v0u40rw4[t sW4TU09 B]-9T0U BT
Oct 1, 2023 9:52 AM
Mar 2023
An absolutely phenomenal introduction to this series. I think it’s one of the best I’ve seen in a very long time. I was blow away by how the story created such a huge depth of emotion and empathy for *all* of the characters so quickly, without resorting to trauma bonding. They were all complex, but not so much so that they felt unrelatable. Just enough to make them feel unique and distinctly human. AND the voice actors *SNAPPED.* Especially Himmel, Eisen & Heiter. The script was also a beast in itself, every line felt so layered yet simple and to the point. I can tell so much thought was put into every single line. I refuse to give 10’s until I’ve finished the entire thing (be it a season or a series). But these first 4 episodes are a 10 in my opinion. Beautiful animation, phenomenal plot, excellent script, wonderful character design, well timed jokes, extremely powerful voice acting, etc. I’m completely blown away. I feel like the story did so much and left such a huge impact on me in a really short amount of time. If the rest of the series is like this, it’ll go down as one of my favorites for sure. But now I’m too hype so I’m going to lower my expectations as to not be disappointed lol
Oct 1, 2023 10:19 AM

Aug 2018
Sleepy Frieren is so cute.

Oct 1, 2023 10:48 AM

Jul 2021
this show is not good for my heart
Oct 1, 2023 11:06 AM

Nov 2013
uffff, 10 year travel? I suppose it should take much less time now though.
Oct 1, 2023 11:07 AM
May 2016
This is too good and sad for us
Oct 1, 2023 11:13 AM
Oct 2022
Perfeito, melhor do que eu imaginei
Oct 1, 2023 12:25 PM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
It takes certain confidence to announce a 2-hour premiere right off the bat, and I'm starting to understand why now. I was thinking about watching this yesterday, but I felt that I should reserve a mini-binge session for it, and I'm so glad I did. Downside? Well, I've got to wait until coming Friday to see Ms. Frieren and Fern begin the 10-year-long journey.

Frieren sure had great party members and is currently accompanied by a nice apprentice. There's a sad undertone to the series since it's covering Frieren's "mistake" but it's matching the comfy nature of the show really well, I'm definitely curious to see where it goes from here...

I totally get Frieren's struggle with waking up early; it's a very tough job indeed.

Great Op and ED — Yeah, that helps too!
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Oct 1, 2023 12:37 PM

Oct 2018
loving how immersive and pretty it is so far. reminds me a lot of To Your Eternity. I wonder how things progress from here.

Oct 1, 2023 1:07 PM
Nov 2022
peak
pacing was good as expected great adaptation
Oct 1, 2023 1:46 PM
Dec 2020
Reply to CQLLIST
They finished adapting Vol 1 + Chapter 8 in the last part of the EP. Frieren and Fern clean a village's coast in the Granz Channel for the reward of a counterfeit book, but their motivation is also to see the New Year's sunrise. Frieren reminisces about Himmel's wish for her to enjoy the New Year's Festival. In a flashback scene, the Hero Party discusses the afterlife, with Heiter believing in Heaven while Frieren and Himmel are uncertain. Twenty-eight years later, Frieren and Fern assist Eisen in the Voll Basin as they search for the notes of the Great Mage Flamme. They find a tree protected by a powerful barrier and manage to access Flamme's notes. Flamme's notes detail her journey to a place known as Aureole (Heaven) in the northern continent. Eisen believes in the existence of Heaven and suggests that Frieren should find it to communicate with Himmel, even if it means facing the harsh conditions near the Demon King's Castle. Fern really cares about Frieren and how she plays such a role as a teacher! It’s definitely going to be an adventure of a lifetime, until the day it lasts again. Milet’s ED is beautiful, even though there is another ED by her next episode maybe, the watercolor of the still-ED visual is so pretty..
@CQLLIST Im a noragami fan but idk what happened in 2023 please explain
Oct 1, 2023 1:54 PM
Oct 2023
It's a masterpiece
Oct 1, 2023 2:01 PM
Jun 2021
Eu gostei. Para o estilo que propõe, até o momento está muito bom
Oct 1, 2023 3:40 PM
Fuwa_san

Mar 2013
I finished the 4th ep. I can conclude that this is similar to Tabitabi no majo.
Oct 1, 2023 4:59 PM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
Nothing special or amazing happened in this episode, but I really just love the pace of this anime, the plot was carefully crafted and then honed on this superb adaptation with everything going right to it, to make it the best possible~~

ED is still very much amazing and wholesome to watch, also I really love Frieren's VA, so fitting, if I had read the manga before (I will have to now since I hate to wait), I would have praised to death the VA sooner, but when I go to read now, I will have a good idea of how Frieren will sound.
Oct 1, 2023 7:43 PM

Jan 2011
this is peak Kino madhouse has done great work with this granted i didnt need all 4 episodes at once i was more than happy to watch a bunch of it over the weekend and enjoyed every second of it

Oct 1, 2023 8:27 PM

Mar 2007
All that work, for free, just for a sunrise, and when the sun rises, and the reflection is seen over the clean, clear waters, it all makes sense.

Heiter figured that Freiren would eventually wise up, so did Flamma who even told Freiren she's figure it out! And it was true! How annoying (lol). But still, now there's a NEW goal. 10 years it took. TEN. That's a long time, for Fern.

But you know, that's one of those quests you kind of can't turn down.
Oct 1, 2023 9:15 PM
Feb 2021
Reply to nanashi796
@ConClasher3 literally everything is made with screentones in the manga, it's really bad.
@nanashi796 I honestly don't see your point, what's bad about screentones? And seeing how many manga series you've read I'd be surprised if you really think Frieren's manga has bad art compared to the majority even if you don't like the style.
Regardless given you dropped the manga in less than 50 chapters idk what you're wasting your time with by watching the anime and negatively reviewing it
Oct 1, 2023 10:33 PM
Apr 2023
It was a master piece
Oct 2, 2023 12:30 AM
Jan 2019
hmmm..nicee anime
Oct 2, 2023 1:35 AM

Oct 2020
Frieren is like the child and Fern is like the mother of this odd family.
Oct 2, 2023 2:03 AM
Oct 2023
Just a masterpiece in this days
Oct 2, 2023 2:14 AM
Apr 2023
I enjoyed watching as Frieren goes back to visit the friends she made and it shows the contrast of how much she has changed over the many years she has lived since they all last went of an adventure
Oct 2, 2023 6:48 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Ah, Atsuko Tanaka's wonderful buttery smooth voice soothes my soul. Perfect for a grand mage like Flamme.

Fern giving her lazy master the lap pillow treatment was very cute. She has to see it as a sign of confidence from a very aloof master.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Oct 2, 2023 6:49 AM
Aug 2016
The story is told in a quick way. But it's well done. I wasn't sure that i would like this.
It surprised me in a great way. I watch mostly trash tbh. But this is not one of those trash shows. Solid story telling with a fair bit of meaning behind it. Please watch/read this story.
Oct 2, 2023 7:46 AM
Sep 2017
Makes you feel all warm inside
Oct 2, 2023 7:48 AM

Oct 2018
Frieren is sooo cutee,, agaggghhhhh
Oct 2, 2023 9:00 AM
Nov 2022
W episode Very great
Oct 2, 2023 10:14 AM
Sep 2021
I felt the loneliness and cried many times when I read manga, but I cried more after watching anime.
Great adaptation indeed!
FuyuBaraOct 2, 2023 10:20 AM
Oct 2, 2023 2:47 PM
Oct 2023
The first 4 episodes of this anime lack a dramatic impression. However, it always shows story flashbacks that make the audience moved by the flashbacks.
Oct 2, 2023 5:29 PM
Apr 2018
And another time the anime transcription of this story makes me cry for the forth time. We finally start the journey to Aureole, this time with the new company, with a new Frieren, trying to follow her model Himmel. Who knows what's waiting for us in the next episodes
Oct 2, 2023 6:04 PM
Jun 2020
Pretty good! I haven't seen a good fantasy for a long time that wouldn't have an isekai in its genres
Oct 2, 2023 8:06 PM

Feb 2013
I like this series, it's like Mushishi but elf series. ;v; ✈️
✈️
Oct 2, 2023 9:00 PM
Sep 2023
Achei legal de assistir
Oct 3, 2023 2:25 AM
Mar 2021
I really like it when anime series uploads with like a lot of episodes, which gives a better impression of the anime than to just watch one episode and wait for the next one each week. I feel like it's great for anime series with deeper lores, and more continuative anime series.
Oct 3, 2023 4:27 AM
Jan 2023
Brilliant episode, quite a lot actually happened, they cleaned up a village and Frieren enjoyed the sunrise more than she thought she would, sunrises are just beautiful though.

She also visited Eisen, who she looked for her master, Flamme's, writings with. And they were left open on the page about talking to the dead. Now she and Fern are off to the demon king's castle, a 10 year long journey.

If I was to give this show a rating so far, it would be 10/10, but that could change. We've still got quite a while to go yet. Still, I can't wait until next week, this show is so good so far.
Oct 3, 2023 6:58 AM
Oct 2023
Wholesome episode. shows the development of the character. I love the anime more with every episode
Oct 3, 2023 10:57 AM
May 2017
Wow I underestimated Freiren's life span, I speculated that her lifespan was around 1000 years but it seems she already reached that point and shows no signs of slowing down, I wonder how long they live to in this verse? Maybe 10,000 or even more..

Anyways Eisen appears in this episode to give Freiren another goal, another purpose to look forward too. As dysfunctional as they appeared on the surface, they truly cared for one another deep down. They know eachothers regrets as well as taking aspects of one another and implementing it into theirselves. Eisen ended up taking after some of Heiter's religious beliefs, most notably the idea of heaven. My guess is because he wishes to reunite with his friends once again

Speaking of Eisen, I half-expected him to shove another companion on her as well; I wonder who that red headed boy is in the promo? Anyways this episode ended on a beginning. The start of a new 10 year quest, to the land of where the souls rest..Aureole

4.5/5
Oct 3, 2023 11:47 AM

Nov 2008
I love the manga and this is a beautiful adaptation so far!
Oct 3, 2023 12:18 PM

May 2020
Truly beautiful I love it so far
Fun Things Are Fun - Yui Hirasawa
Pages (7) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» If Frieren was an isekai

JoeChip - 3 hours ago

26 by _avis »»
15 minutes ago

» most likely different staff and studio as other anime like dungeon meshi, kaiju 8, mushoku tensei already have sequels fast

deg - Jun 30

32 by Mdraj6996 »»
7 hours ago

» So when does it get more interesting? ( 1 2 3 )

Nocturne18 - Feb 14

105 by Faz7 »»
9 hours ago

Poll: » Sousou no Frieren Episode 28 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Mar 22

858 by squibbo_ »»
12 hours ago

Poll: » Sousou no Frieren Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 10, 2023

545 by DarkInsomnia57 »»
Yesterday, 8:36 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.