Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Jul 1, 2023 5:16 PM

Jan 2019
Nob player 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
Jul 1, 2023 5:18 PM

Dec 2018
Thigh Alchemist girl anime version is finally aired! Watching this because I'm a fan of Atelier series (and Mana Khemia)
They animated this game because of the thigh fetish.

Here we go again... Another isolated area/island... I found that concept a lot in the gust company games. Well... Let's see how the story will bring us to since I'm can't afford to play Atelier Ryza game XD

Jul 1, 2023 5:22 PM

Mar 2019
I expected something at the level of Ryza's Franchise...

The fact of beign a large episode, made it even more slower and lacking...
Nyan-Pasu!... [ Ara Ara ] [ Waifus ]
Jul 1, 2023 6:23 PM

Apr 2011
Loved it! ( as a fan of the game series )

The quality could be better, but honestly surprised Gust (or Koei) have the money and were willing to do this anime in the first place given that the trilogy ended a few months back.

I loved how the anime depicted the trio's first step of adventuring and it really showcased how inexperienced they were in their first monster fight:

• Ryza using a farmer's/gathering tool for battles
  • Ryza picking up Unis earlier in the episode to throw

• They were too pointy and she drops them
    • Missing all her throws

• Lent's sword being blunt enough to not actually slice through the Punis (slime)
  • Lent getting his sword stuck in the ground after his swing

It's been years but it'll be great to experience this coming of age story all over again in a new light.
Jul 1, 2023 7:12 PM

Jan 2013
Drabkebab said:
[ep spoilers] I'm just 10 mins in and tbh I'm struggling here. The art style is very good, and while the animation gets a bit rough when showing more than half of their bodies it is still tolerable. But the main character is already very annoying and unlikable. Her dad seems to be very caring and while her mother is a bit strict she doesn't appear to be nasty or controlling, just wanting her child to be responsible. We see them living a relatively idyllic lifestyle in a very comfortable looking house with a farm, yet the mc is constantly complaining about how she doesn't want to work and wants an adventure. She complains about how "staying on this island is what's ruining us", but the viewers have seen and heard nothing except a cushy, peaceful lifestyle. In fact we've hardly seen much of the island or village at all, but what we have seen seems fairly well off. Then of course she forces her friends (who seem more than happy with their life and at least one of which seems to have goals for their future) to take part in an extremely risky escape plan to sail away to a different land just because she's bored, childish and irresponsible. Can the story pick up? Yeah I guess. Do I have high hopes that it will? From what I've seen, no. But I'll struggle through a bit more. (Also her character design is 💀)
Weird ass fucking take, she's a teenage girl looking for adventure because island life is pretty mundane, I can't possibly imagine what there is to take issue with here. Plus, they weren't running away, so I don't know why you're bringing up the fact the other two are happy to stay on the island and never leave. Sure, none of them were actually prepared for an adventure, but that's just obvious game mechanics showing up, they're basically lv 1. at this point.  
LostSpectreJul 1, 2023 7:16 PM
If you reply back to me and I never respond, I lost interest and don't care. Sorry about that.
Jul 1, 2023 9:22 PM

Apr 2022
THICCCCC THIGHS, SUFFOCATE ME NOW.

ngl though, pretty average episode. don't hate it but animation was definitely not as good as in seen in the pv, not a new thing though.
50min starter was a bit much, but i'm looking forward to the rest of it.

10/10 for thiccness and for getting the angles right.
Jul 1, 2023 9:35 PM

Sep 2021
Thicc thighs saves lives

It is nice that there were some small little details in the characters that hint at their individual problems.
yhagniJul 1, 2023 9:40 PM
Jul 1, 2023 9:41 PM

Oct 2009
Very interesting first episode opening with a 48 minutes start and I did like it... although a bit slow and really like the art and all. The story in interesting and will see how things go and of course, I'm liking the main girl and her friends. So, I like the beginning from my end.
Jul 1, 2023 10:05 PM

Aug 2013
I'm here for the wholesome vibes and thick thighs. 82 distinct thigh shots including the OP and ED with this episode...my god.
Don't believe the hype.
Jul 1, 2023 11:50 PM

Aug 2011
holy shit the first episode is 48 minutes? this gotta be special
Jul 2, 2023 12:32 AM
Feb 2023
Holy fuck, I've watched this 4x speed and still managed to be so fucking boring. The motivations doesn't feel believable, the characters and world building are uninteresting and so much male gaze. The only thing that making me want to see wants next is because the artstyle is so pretty.
Jul 2, 2023 12:34 AM

Aug 2019
Just came for the thighs. I was not disappointed

Jul 2, 2023 1:07 AM

Sep 2018
Pure adventure vibes, or at least the adventure spirit. Don't know anything about the original source.

Very enjoyable slow and meticulous pacing, something different than the usual break neck adventure vibes.

A lot of focus on the more curvier aspects of our blessed characters, we just had thighs last season lol. Though it may not be gender specific if our Male MC is anything to go by.
Jul 2, 2023 1:44 AM

Aug 2008
Even these thighs don't make something like this worth watching. Mediocre visuals aside, writing is so bad I couldn't bother to go past first 6 minutes. Average farmer's daughter doesn't dress like that and doesn't have time to faff around day after day. First few lines exchanged with friend tropes and it's already jarring exposition talk. Looks like it's only for players who are fine watching crap only because their waifu is there and they can go "I recognize this".
Ii tenki desu ne...
Jul 2, 2023 2:21 AM
Nov 2022
This episode is exactly what I expected from Atelier. I'm a huge fanboy of the series so this is already getting a 10/10 from me
Jul 2, 2023 2:24 AM
Dec 2020
Edited message, used wrong quote.
Jul 2, 2023 2:27 AM
Dec 2020
CrimsonWanderer said:
Woah that was quite the downgrade in comparison to the first trailer released, idk, it looked more lively on the trailer.

Ryza running in the first few minutes looked very stiff and awkward, there's many shots (mid-range to long range) that looks very awful:

In terms of Audiovisual production, aside from the backgrounds, this leaves too much to be desired, I think we might have another case of Nier Automata in our hands here, we'll have to wait and see if the big dinosaur is hand drawn or if they'll use ugly CG to animate it, I sure hope it's hand drawn because I don't want to be disappointed further. Also, the lack of OST in scenes does add up to stuff feeling a little bit lifeless.

disappointment aside, at least the voice acting as well as the story (except for the fact that seems like Klaudia will be an archer instead of supporting with a flute) seems like it's going to be a decent adaptation of the first game events.

I'm going to keep watching hoping this gets better, at least the long background shots does look great.

@animejas Honestly I can't blame you, not only is the adaptation mediocre, Atelier by itself is supposed to be a relaxing SoL~ish game but the anime kinda failed to portray it well

@KANLen09 funny you say that as I found this display to be disappointing in comparison to the game.

Did you just use a zoomed in picture to prove the shot of the scene looks awful?

Jul 2, 2023 2:46 AM

Oct 2008
oh man! i wanna defile that ultra perfect THICC thighs of Ryza!
and i wanna eat those melons of Lila! GUHEHE!
5/5.

Jul 2, 2023 4:40 AM
Dec 2021
she is hot. i like her.
Jul 2, 2023 4:49 AM

Jan 2008
Was genuinely surprised to see the show get an hour long first episode.

As someone whose played many Atelier games including all Ryza games, it was nice to see the characters animated and even the synthesis items. Of course the best shots are all the close up shots of Ryza's thighs, the franchise's moneymaker. Some characters from this stage of the game are so different from the last, it was kind of nostalgic to see them the way they are. Definitely liked this version of Klaudia the best.

Being a game adaption is already a big hurdle to overcome and I kind of doubt the show will appeal to most. The fight's aren't exactly anything special, even childish if I have to say so myself, and the game is honestly more of a slow paced chill game. They do have the option of just bumrushing through the story, which would not be a surprise.
Jul 2, 2023 4:52 AM
Jun 2020
It's too boring..
Jul 2, 2023 5:55 AM

Feb 2016
Infernalization said:
CrimsonWanderer said:
Woah that was quite the downgrade in comparison to the first trailer released, idk, it looked more lively on the trailer.

Ryza running in the first few minutes looked very stiff and awkward, there's many shots (mid-range to long range) that looks very awful:

In terms of Audiovisual production, aside from the backgrounds, this leaves too much to be desired, I think we might have another case of Nier Automata in our hands here, we'll have to wait and see if the big dinosaur is hand drawn or if they'll use ugly CG to animate it, I sure hope it's hand drawn because I don't want to be disappointed further. Also, the lack of OST in scenes does add up to stuff feeling a little bit lifeless.

disappointment aside, at least the voice acting as well as the story (except for the fact that seems like Klaudia will be an archer instead of supporting with a flute) seems like it's going to be a decent adaptation of the first game events.

I'm going to keep watching hoping this gets better, at least the long background shots does look great.

@animejas Honestly I can't blame you, not only is the adaptation mediocre, Atelier by itself is supposed to be a relaxing SoL~ish game but the anime kinda failed to portray it well

@KANLen09 funny you say that as I found this display to be disappointing in comparison to the game.

Did you just use a zoomed in picture to prove the shot of the scene looks awful?

So what? there's many shots out there that looks like this, even closer ones, plenty of them that looks off, stiff and off model. 
"We could make the world better, but it's easier to just shut our eyes."
~Blackwall
Jul 2, 2023 6:04 AM
Jun 2023
relaxing, kinda play little bit the game. overall its good. and im enjoyed
Jul 2, 2023 6:25 AM
Dec 2020
CrimsonWanderer said:
Infernalization said:

So what? there's many shots out there that looks like this, even closer ones, plenty of them that looks off, stiff and off model. 

If you want to prove the bad quality do it by showing normal scenes, not zoom-ins.

By your zoom-in logic, this scene from Bleach TYBW looks awful:

Jul 2, 2023 6:50 AM

Feb 2016
Infernalization said:
CrimsonWanderer said:

If you want to prove the bad quality do it by showing normal scenes, not zoom-ins.

Are you seriously comparing Bleach's production to this? was your idea going into my profile scanning my favorites, booted a random episode in order to search a random faraway shot to counter argue my point? 

I know what I saw mate, I watched that very same episode you did, I was not satisfied with it, now go back to the hole you crawled from. This show quality is mediocre at best, I don't need to prove anything to you
~Blackwall
Jul 2, 2023 6:59 AM
♡( •ॢ◡-ॢ)✧˖° ♡

Dec 2014
This is actually a very decent adaptation, I like how that one doesn't need to play the game to actually enjoy this anime, only need to be into relaxing adventure fantasy anime with SoL ^.^

Good thing that the anime shows the very beginning where Ryza and the others are still incompetent beginner adventurers so I can enjoy their progress later :)

(っ◔◡◔)っ 𝓘 𝔀𝓲𝓼𝓱 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓱𝓪𝓿𝓮 𝓪 𝔀𝓸𝓷𝓭𝓮𝓻𝓯𝓾𝓵 𝓭𝓪𝔂 ♥
Jul 2, 2023 7:30 AM

Mar 2023
Those thighs are fucking crazy
Jul 2, 2023 7:38 AM
Dec 2020
CrimsonWanderer said:
Infernalization said:

Are you seriously comparing Bleach's production to this? was your idea going into my profile scanning my favorites, booted a random episode in order to search a random faraway shot to counter argue my point? 

I know what I saw mate, I watched that very same episode you did, I was not satisfied with it, now go back to the hole you crawled from. This show quality is mediocre at best, I don't need to prove anything to you

My point was: zooming in far-away shots are not a good argument for bad quality. Zoomed in shots can look bad even in amazing shows.

Sure, the animation quality of Atelier Ryza episode 1 was average at best, even below average at certain scenes, but the example you gave was just a terrible example.
InfernalizationJul 2, 2023 7:46 AM
Jul 2, 2023 7:48 AM

Feb 2016
Infernalization said:
CrimsonWanderer said:

My point was: zooming in far-away shots are not a good argument for bad quality. Zoomed in shots can look bad even in amazing shows.

Sure, the animation quality of Atelier Ryza episode 1 was average at best, even below average at certain scenes, but the example you gave was just a terrible example.
Actually is not a bad argument, while it's common for many shots to look bad at distance, there are shows that actually do well in far away shots without making their characters look off model, Last season there were plenty of anime that had good looking far away shots. And if anything, far away shots usually don't take that much screen time, it didn't feel the same with Ryza as some of them lasted for too long.
~Blackwall
Jul 2, 2023 7:59 AM

May 2018
If the NPCs from the blandest JRPG had nonsensical AI generated dialogues - this thing here gives me very strong Always Breaktime vibes.
At least the person who wrote and designed this has no idea of rural life and manual agriculture work.
Jul 2, 2023 8:33 AM

Jul 2021
Fullthighs Alchemist - I love it
Jul 2, 2023 8:41 AM
Jun 2015
good start but with some dumb things. hoping it grows better
Jul 2, 2023 9:00 AM

Jan 2019
Sadly, I don't think even those thighs can carry this much mediocrity.

Jul 2, 2023 9:12 AM

Oct 2018
the animators seems to like thighs lol 
Ryza is very pretty but hope they not will do to much fan service
Jul 2, 2023 9:25 AM
Aug 2017
I got into this anime without having played the original source material so this is new territory for me.

The first episode follows the recent trend of having overly long pilot episodes because they could in order to hook up the audience. This may be an unpopular opinion but honestly..I hope it doesn't last.

Now to the anime itself..it was a cute episode of friends having fun. Ryza seems like a fun character wishing to be more than what's written for her. Not gonna lie, she kinda reminded me of Belle from Beauty and the Beast, especially in the beginning. The alchemist is prolly my favorite so far. He seems interesting. This feels like the type of anime to watch when you just want to chill honestly which..nothing against it.

I'm curious about what the plot has to offer..why don't people ever leave the island?  what's the story behind it? Will Ryza become a strong alchimist? Makes me want to play the games ngl.

The opening and endings were fine, nothing special.

I have to say tho, and this is just my observation..I didn't like the animation very much. It felt almost lifeless at times..for example, the characters feel very expressionless in situations where they should be more expressive, or other times the voice acting didn't match with the face expression or animation the character was getting, especially when it comes to Ryza. That being said tho..I will give it a few more episodes before I make a decision on it. So far, so good. Happy for the fans of the game tho! 
Jul 2, 2023 9:44 AM
Dec 2022
the good on this episode is... THE HOLY THICC MC THIGHS 

story wise its meh.. too slow pace
Jul 2, 2023 11:27 AM

Mar 2014
Behold those glorious thicc thighhhhh, makes me wanna squeeze them lol

Joke aside.... the characters are weak and kinda boring, somehow I felt more sorry for the (cute) monsters than them. Hopefully they will make more progress
Jul 2, 2023 11:58 AM

Jun 2016
i almost fells sleep watching this episode LMAO

boring to watch
Jul 2, 2023 12:39 PM

Jan 2017
Drabkebab said:
We see them living a relatively idyllic lifestyle in a very comfortable looking house with a farm, yet the mc is constantly complaining about how she doesn't want to work and wants an adventure. She complains about how "staying on this island is what's ruining us", but the viewers have seen and heard nothing except a cushy, peaceful lifestyle. In fact we've hardly seen much of the island or village at all, but what we have seen seems fairly well off.

Living in the countryside can be incredibly challenging if you're not someone who finds solace in the repetitive nature of everyday life. Growing up near a forest, I can empathize with her completely. Despite its apparent idyllic charm, it can be hellish for some.

The anime though, regardless of the characters short-lived adventure, was pretty much as boring as an average day on a farm. The anime's general mood is actually kind of endearing; a calming, chill journey to alleviate your daily stress, but it is very difficult to keep this aspect in the 'comfy zone' instead of falling into 'boredom territory', which unfortunately Atelier Ryza struggles a lot. I twas trying to be attentive, and though my eyes often found themselves feasting on Ryza, even her thighs weren't enough to hold my attention for long.
It was just so... mundane. So nothing. It feels nice to watch, however, calling something nice is but an unoffensive absence of things to compliment. Something can pan out of this story for sure, and I do not wish to see drama or suspense, I want to see Ryza and co. having fun. I hope the anime's going to deliver in the future, because so far, they've tried to hide the lack of redeemable qualities behind Ryza's thighs. And holy shit, they did manage to make them look perfect, even if the animation itself was somewhat junky here and there.

The anime is completely enjoyable without playing the games, but it did make me want to get into the series more than evoking my interest in the progress of the anime itself.
鬼に逢うては鬼を斬る
仏に逢うては仏を斬る
ツルギの理ここに在り
Jul 2, 2023 1:18 PM

Sep 2020
I only know the game but never play it, I'm quite interested in its story and the world, also didn't expect the first episode to be a 48 minute episode.
Jul 2, 2023 1:22 PM

Oct 2007
The initial plot wasn't anything special and I particularly didn't like the way alchemy works in this series (you just pour stuff in a caldron and the product already appears in a flask that emerges from a bubble!?). Despite those things, this first episode really gave me a good feeling, so I will probably continue to watch this series.

Jul 2, 2023 1:43 PM

Oct 2018
The thighs were nice at first, but it did get boring to look at the same thing for 48 mins. Pretty average premiere otherwise, one more episode.
Jul 2, 2023 2:09 PM

Apr 2023
Let's start with the negativity to get that out of the way. I had higher expectations for the art/animation and the story starts very slow-paced. BUT. I think they did a good job at introducing the characters!
The overal setting seems very nice and relaxed, so I'll definitely watch the next few episodes as well.

Ryza, like said by one of the other characters, definitely lacks some self awareness, so it will be fun to watch her grow. Klaudia is such a cutie!
Also, I felt a bit bad for the monsters they fought. They were so cute. The blue puni looked so sad when he got hit with the sword.
And did the pink pixies really have to be eliminated like that, it seemed like they were just guarding a sacred place.

I used to play Atelier Iris 3 on my old Playstation, but other than that I'm not familiar with the Atelier games. This one is probably related I suppose?
Jul 2, 2023 2:22 PM

Jul 2011
My comfort game series finally got a comfort anime. Can see this becoming one of those series I rewatch a lot to just vibe to
Jul 2, 2023 3:05 PM
Oct 2009
Bewbs>butts>thighs
Jul 2, 2023 3:19 PM
Jan 2015
Infernalization said:
CrimsonWanderer said:

LOL yeah, I'm reading this thread and I'm like: WUT?! The anime looked beautiful to me.
Jul 2, 2023 3:27 PM

Sep 2018
That was all very sweet wasn't it, but why is it that the lasting image I've come away with is the balloon like thighs...

Quantum ille canis est in fenestra
Jul 2, 2023 3:45 PM
Apr 2015
I liked her chounky thighs
Jul 2, 2023 3:48 PM
Sep 2019
just as accurate to how my first game went
Jul 2, 2023 3:52 PM
Sep 2019
just as accurate to how my first game went
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ryza no Atelier: Tokoyami no Joou to Himitsu no Kakurega Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 16, 2023

67 by gannoncannon55 »»
Jun 6, 10:00 PM

Poll: » Ryza no Atelier: Tokoyami no Joou to Himitsu no Kakurega Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 9, 2023

27 by gannoncannon55 »»
Jun 6, 9:29 PM

Poll: » Ryza no Atelier: Tokoyami no Joou to Himitsu no Kakurega Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 2, 2023

31 by gannoncannon55 »»
Jun 6, 9:08 PM

Poll: » Ryza no Atelier: Tokoyami no Joou to Himitsu no Kakurega Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 26, 2023

24 by gannoncannon55 »»
Jun 6, 8:44 PM

Poll: » Ryza no Atelier: Tokoyami no Joou to Himitsu no Kakurega Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 19, 2023

27 by gannoncannon55 »»
Jun 5, 9:55 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.