Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Jun 4, 2023 12:30 AM
Oct 2019
Akane Leg Cramp was so relatable, i hate it so much especially in the middle of the night.
Jun 4, 2023 1:58 AM
Jul 2019
is the convenient store staff the young girl from yamada's past? 
Jun 4, 2023 2:10 AM
Jan 2018
This needs a season 2! It can’t end like this
Jun 4, 2023 2:43 AM
Feb 2021
best romance anime not too cringe and not one pf those try hard romance anime this one seems so smooth something about it is so fulfilling and appealing
Jun 4, 2023 3:38 AM
Nov 2020
Sweet episode 😁👌
Tee~Heee 😜
Jun 4, 2023 5:26 AM
Oct 2012
I think a lot of people were bothered about the first part being the views of his schoolfriend but It lets us get to know her better. Also it was nice to have a sick episode whithout all the usual tropes. He took her to the hospital! There were also some cute moment ^^ Loved the after credits scene.
Jun 4, 2023 5:59 AM

Dec 2018
this show has become painfully boring lately
Jun 4, 2023 6:16 AM
Dec 2020
Bruh I never want to catch anime flu. Akane's survived through something that looks like our next great pandemic. Also I don't like how character building is made through those sad and difficult parts of one's past. I get it, it heavily influences one's development and views, but his story actually seemed kind of ridiculous. I've been through something similar and I haven't thought about it until this episode and it's been like 13 years. Still, the story flow is dope and I like how there's always a short scene after end credits.
Jun 4, 2023 6:52 AM
Apr 2023
Yamada's auto-rejection of romantic affection is finally explained in the episode.
Really will check out the manga after this season ends.
Jun 4, 2023 9:21 AM
Oct 2019
Un gran acercamiento a la relacion entre yamada y akane , con un clasico refriado
Jun 4, 2023 9:49 AM

Oct 2011
I think is the first time I see someone going to a hospital for what seems to be cold in an anime... the "I'll take care of you while you're ill" usually is just make the person rest, and cook something for them... will be 100% better when they awake, XD

anyway, great episode... didn't even felt passing (really... was really surprised when finished... like "already???" )
Jun 4, 2023 10:19 AM

May 2015
I'm glad they didnt just resolve the cold off screen. Also once again I'll say, this is the most interesting cold scene I've seen in anime. It was already interesting before but this episode really showed the full process and it was even bad enough she had to go to hospital. 

Cant wait for next episode. 
Yuritopia FTW!!!!!!!!! BANZAI TO YURI !!!!!!!!!!!!
Jun 4, 2023 10:20 AM
Nov 2021
Akane is a mood in herself. She is the visual representation of what goes on in an overthinker's brain. 

Jun 4, 2023 10:52 AM
May 2017
Yamada and Sousuke both had their tragic girl flashbacks this week, it seems being a playa is tuff work
Jun 4, 2023 11:43 AM

Apr 2015
These two are too perfect. As in Yamada has basically all the desirable qualities a quiet caring boyfriend would have and Akane has all of the same only the cute bubbly girlfriend version.
But they still somehow feel real enough
Jun 4, 2023 11:44 AM

Sep 2007
Gawd I need the ship to sail already! It's almost there I think!

Also, dunno about anyone else but I felt like the way Akane explained how she'd rather the "person who dumped her" remember her when she was all smiles etc. over crying over the breakup.....it kind of inferred that it healed Yamada's memory (as he mentioned to his classmate he would often recall "that girl's" crying face in their last convo....but after Akane's explanation he remembered the continuation of that scene) deeeeeep

Also lol at the credits--- someone pointed it out that in the previous ep the "tightrope" part of the end credits was so I looked this time and it changed again. This time she was abducted by a UFO then returned shortly. I wonder if they've been sneakily changing ALL the end credits...I kind of want to go back and check now (but the lazy part of me doesn't want to either haha)....
...No clue what the UFO infers though other than maybe Akane being "fever high" and sounding/feeling almost like she's been hallucinating --like she could be imagining UFOs? idk...

EDIT: Oh...forgot I wanted to comment. Yamada's got some MAD foot dodging skillz LOL...I mean he did get hit once but the following 2-3 kicks he dodged so masterfully LOL
....was also a bit surprised how he could get her leg to be better like that....every time my leg cramps up I kind of have to mentally force it to relax....I didn't think someone else could come in and help your leg cramp 'get better' so easily so to speak... There's a real method? I NEED TO KNOW MORE...for like uh...future reference
IkanoJun 4, 2023 11:53 AM
(My avatar is an original creation-please don't take it)
Jun 4, 2023 11:59 AM
Nov 2022
thhiss was sooo cute i'm flabagasted
Jun 4, 2023 12:37 PM
Mar 2023
Is there any way that this will have a satisfying conclusion? The single cour adaption of a still ongoing romantic comedy manga always seems like a good idea until the last episode where you end with a non-ending like More Than A Married Couple.
Jun 4, 2023 3:07 PM
Dec 2021
bahimiron said:
Is there any way that this will have a satisfying conclusion? The single cour adaption of a still ongoing romantic comedy manga always seems like a good idea until the last episode where you end with a non-ending like More Than A Married Couple.

Well the chapter this season is most probably ending off on is a fan favourite amongst manga readers but considering this series is a bit of a slow burn in the beginning, it would’ve been given way better justice if it was a 24 episode season instead of just 13. So I’m hoping they announce a 2nd season ( or cour ) straight after it’s done or it’s going to be so annoying since the really good romance scenes with Yamada and Akane literally starts on the chapter this season will most likely end off on
Jun 4, 2023 10:35 PM

May 2010
By far the best episode of young Sheldon. Its great how completely oblivious he is to the emotions of everyone around him.
Jun 5, 2023 12:05 AM

Sep 2020
Yamada looks really good this episode lol.
Jun 5, 2023 12:28 AM

Jan 2021
It was really refreshing to see a lot of Yamada's close-ups (and he was smiling in some of them!) especially after watching a heavy show ;3

I hope the glasses girl can confess her feelings to Yamada so that she can go back to being purely friends with him (without harboring feelings). By the way I'm curious, when they were alone in the room they didn't turn on the light? So Yamada read the book in the dark? xD

Jun 5, 2023 1:54 AM

May 2023
I liked this episode, the sweetness with Yamada as a prince charming taking care of his patient (what was that overpowoned fever?), contrasting with a shadow in the past which resurfaced.
The scene in bed is excellent, the Yamada has good reflexes!
Akane looks embarrassed by her own feelings, it's cute.
Can't wait to see the next episode.
NokeyenJun 5, 2023 1:59 AM

Jun 5, 2023 3:19 AM
May 2023
The end is just awesome
Jun 5, 2023 6:03 AM

Oct 2008
you know what!? if Akane is out of the picture, then Tsubaki would be the perfect partner of Yamada and that might be a good romance as well!
5/5.
last part was so funny! these two oh my so hilarous!
matias067Jun 5, 2023 6:55 AM

Jun 5, 2023 8:57 AM

May 2018
Yamada is so caring T_T he might as well be Akane's bf at this point
Jun 5, 2023 9:17 AM
Dec 2022
It was such a lovely and wholesome moment for Yamada to take care of Akane!!🥰
Jun 5, 2023 4:03 PM
May 2023
At this episode, I see Yamada he realized something in his mind with Akane, also at 22:03 in ep 10 Yamada is take out his shoelaces and tie again, so he can have more time to talk with Akane. So cute, so sweet
Jun 5, 2023 5:46 PM

Jan 2022
Battles said:
cooldogmom said:
You already lost, Yamada already found someone <3 I'm glad he finally talked about the girl in his flashbacks. Funny that a minor cold turned out to be a huge ordeal. It was so sweet of Yamada to look after Akane after she fainted. Poor Akane has a whole collection of books to deal with breakups, she must have really loved Takuma. It seems like we aren't going to make it to the good chapters. This episode was so short!! I hate it.

After last week's episode, I had to read all of the released manga chapters, and it feels weird watching everything I read animated. This is the first time I've read ahead and then watched the anime afterwards. It is weird seeing some added scenes that weren't in the manga.

I did the same thing but back on ep4 or 5 (when they added all those Runa scenes). Super weird seeing the random stuff they add but I have been enjoying it all since it always adds to the character development/atmosphere in a positive way unlike basically every other anime that adds random stuff. Love the manga and can't wait to see it all animated, truly a hidden gem in romance.
I'm glad you agree! I do love that they show character development as you said. The added scenes make the characters seem more relatable and easier to relate to. Chapter 69 omg I'm ready lol Thanks for sharing :')
This never updates so that's cool
Jun 6, 2023 3:51 AM
Jun 2021
It was very interesting to see young Yamada take care of his classmate because he was told to, devoid of emotions. And now teen Yamada taking cake of someone of his free will. Episodes with too much Tsubaki are my least favorite though. She’s a try-hard who never announced her feelings and thinks joining Yamada’s guild will help? Girl, just move on.
Jun 6, 2023 11:48 AM
Oct 2021
I loved the addition of the anime-original leg cramp scene! I think it gave them a moment that was both funny and intimate. While I appreciated the back story with Tsubaki, I felt it ate up time that I would rather they spent on Yamada and Akane. The pace also makes me wonder just how much the anime will be able to adapt from the manga.
Jun 6, 2023 12:19 PM
Apr 2020
Does anyone know where the anime leaves off with the manga
Jun 6, 2023 12:38 PM

Apr 2016
I love what they have

Jun 7, 2023 3:03 PM

Nov 2011
I dont get why sick people are depicted with all that romantic conotations. When you re sick that badly, you just wanna sleep and even better die. xD

One more thing, did I noticed well that when Yamada was leaving Akane's apartment, he untied his shoelaces? Did he want to prolong a 'good bye moment'? xD
Jun 7, 2023 6:41 PM

Jul 2016
Tsubaki lost the battle before her character was even introduced lol. Good thing tho, her personality is actually kinda shitty.

Also Japanese Cold, everyone. sigh*
Jun 7, 2023 11:25 PM
Jul 2021
Probably the most impressive episode so far as we delve into Akane's psyche.
Jun 8, 2023 12:44 AM

Jul 2014
Yamada laughed at last lol
Jun 8, 2023 4:44 AM

Feb 2022
It was the perfect episode to end my binging on, because now I have to wait for the next one. It was as always perfect. It wasn't the regular episode filled with plot twists, so it had a nice feeling, a more mature episode if you will. It's good to have this kind of stuff once in a while. An episode where the conversation between characters really touches some interesting subjects and you get to see their opinion on them. It gives it the vibe of a romance between mature characters rather than just a childish romance, which is nice, to give that contrast with what has happened up until now, and to show kind of the progress in the mentality of the characters and their relationship altogether.

Ultimately now I'm quite sure that this is a 10 for me in the romance genre. I might overrate it because of the impact it had after a year where I haven't really touched anime, and the vibe it gives me (it reminds me of the old anime I really enjoyed of this type, like Wotakoi and others, top tier stuff). But oh well maybe I will change my opinion in the future, but for now it's in my top 5 romance anime for sure.
Jun 12, 2023 12:03 AM
Dec 2009
This ep could've been a 5 minute special, and I would've been fine with that 
Jun 13, 2023 9:35 AM
Jan 2018
Wonder if the girl from his past will show up
Jun 17, 2023 3:15 AM

May 2021
I won't be surprised if Yamada catches a fever now and then Akane has to be the one nursing him.

Jun 17, 2023 3:28 PM

Mar 2010
I can't lie akane is growing on me, she is funny asf and all the expressions from her goofyness is fun.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Jun 18, 2023 3:40 PM

Jul 2022
wTf kIndA cOLd iS tHIS sHe wAs lIteraLly dYiNG
Jun 24, 2023 9:34 AM

Oct 2018
Those cramps in cold early mornings or late nights hurt a lot. We also see more about prez.
Jun 25, 2023 2:56 AM
Apr 2018
We start with tsubakis pov this episode. 

I was surprised that okamoto being the goofball, actually had a serious side who knows whats going on with tsubaki and encourages her to open up her feelings to yamada. that was nice to see.

But know we know why tsubaki wont do so after seeing her past with yamada, similar how with akane she also connected to yamada at first through online games, his first impression to her was quite endearing to her i suppose but as she started spending time close to him and things happening with yamada at school with confessions at what not she got the idea yamada isnt the one to favor the idea of love, the reason which she gets to know about him with his reveal about his past with the bullied girl which is really sad that it didnt stop at all and on top of that she got distanced from yamada as well who as a kid an plus being just naive/clueless just openly told he was doing it on the request of teachers which just made it worse for not only the girl for himself as well which made his thinking that bonding and relationships with girls are just uncomfortable plus a pain and hinderance, so he has basically closed himself off and avoids such things, sometimes comes off as even rude. *Sigh* Now tsubaki even though she tried to make sure she doesnt catch feelings for him cause it would be quite scary for her as a rejection or yamadas response, nows conflicted after seeing akane and with the perception that yamada might meet someone who will be right for him. Really complicated scenario. 
Then we come to akanes illness situation where we see a complete other side of yamada shown previously on the first half of the episode, where hes responding and showing care to akane. Carrying her to the house, checking up on her, taking her to different hospitals cause it sure was some really dangerous fever. Akane was in a daze whole this time thinking shes dreaming. Also sick akane is really cute too crying xD 

Then we go serious again, yamada being down on himself  and akane relating it to her breakup with takuma. The similar vibes both of them gave but akanes positive perspective on it that shes glad to have taken the matured and healthy way to get over it and remember it as a good memory rather than a bad one to be depressed about. Love that thought on life, and it kinda worked on yamada as well as he clearly remembers some good memories with the girl who apologized for making him be with her all the time and gave him  a heartfelt proper goodbye with a smile. That was wholesome and something good came out of it. Tbh i hope yamada gets to meet her one day and actually have a proper talk, also to alleviate some of the pain he carries from the past. 
Then yamada treats a cramp with the most professional skills while dodging akanes kicks and then we have a nice staring moment. akane also feeling the sense of comfort around yamada. 

Plus then we get a embarassing moment from akane mistaking yamadas hand reaching out for the spoon and we have a rare smiling laughing yamada. which was cute. Also after credits where akanes body is reacting and being needy towards yamada reaching out to him. Good note to end a heavy and matured episode. lot to take in
Jun 29, 2023 5:43 AM

Jul 2015
They sure didn't exagerate on Akane being really sick, hopefully Yamada didn't catched the cold after his heroic rescue

Jun 29, 2023 8:37 PM

Aug 2021
gotta love the overdramatization
Jun 30, 2023 10:00 AM
Sep 2020
it was nice, Had good scenes, And a good ost. I'll be sure to check most of it our
Jun 30, 2023 3:38 PM

Jan 2021
This show is exactly why shoujo romance is generally better than shounen romance. The average romcom protag tends to feel so bland and one dimensional, but Akane is such a fun protagonist. She's goofy, she's got actual emotional range, and she feels like a genuinely well rounded and multi-dimensional character who's legitimately fun to watch. Not to mention Minase Inori's fantastic voice work. She might be my favourite romcom protag this season, and my favourite protagonist of any of this season's anime outside of OnK and Jigokuraku
Jul 1, 2023 4:20 AM

Feb 2020
Flustered Akane goes is on steroids, this episode! Hahaha :)
So cute...
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 24, 2023

260 by Yuhhangg27 »»
Aug 31, 10:10 AM

Poll: » Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 8, 2023

199 by Composure »»
Aug 27, 6:16 AM

Poll: » Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ricky16 - Apr 1, 2023

281 by WalkerTheWolf »»
Aug 22, 10:19 PM

Poll: » Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 20, 2023

123 by venbals »»
Jul 18, 10:00 PM

Poll: » Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 29, 2023

152 by japanese_god »»
Jun 15, 4:21 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.