Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »
May 2, 2023 9:28 AM
Jul 2022
Action was on point.
May 2, 2023 12:25 PM
Apr 2023
the episode was superb and its just the beginning
May 2, 2023 12:53 PM

Nov 2013
this episode wasn't that fun tbh

i lost count of how many times tanjiro said that he has to go to nezuko... lost count at how many times he got stabbed and literally nothing happened to him, lost count of how many times they recapped stuff... i don't know lol
winddevil1May 2, 2023 12:56 PM
fav "new" girls from spring <3 ... click sig for older seasons and more possible picks
May 2, 2023 3:13 PM
Dec 2020
hate the cgi so much idk why they keep using this garbage. good ep otherwise
May 2, 2023 4:02 PM

Nov 2013
This episode was just boring, too much "I hope they are alive" "I hope they are fine" . Just shut up and move forward on the plot, felt like a waste time episode in my opinion
May 2, 2023 4:32 PM
Feb 2022
the plot go on pretty perfect
May 2, 2023 7:14 PM
Jul 2017
TOO MUCH NARRATIVE
May 2, 2023 7:46 PM
Apr 2023
Compared to the earlier 3 episodes, this episode feels too stretched/padded even for story-pacing's sake. But then again, the arc itself might have been too short for a full-length cour adaptation. Can't complain on the art and animation though, it's still within the level I would expect.
I am also happy to still get a good dose of HanaKana jolliness for this episode.
May 2, 2023 10:02 PM
Sep 2022
The episode Was soo good and the intelligence of tanjiro also good i waiting for next episode
May 2, 2023 11:48 PM

Mar 2012
This episode was kind of lame. Upper Four should be one shotting our protags here, not fumbling around with his own clones like a bumbling idiot. Mist Hashira flashback was nice to see but the rest of the episode was just... what? questionable direction, writing, and pacing
May 3, 2023 12:51 AM

Jan 2021
I think what should be appreciated the most in this episode is Genya and his determination and persistence. That's great and admirable. Nezuko too! She is seriously so strong and awesome.

And! Mitsuri will be in action in the next episode!!

May 3, 2023 3:53 AM
Feb 2021
Stark700 said:
Yikes, an upper demon that can split into more and more after being cut. Seriously, they're dealing with the big guns now this season so expecting insane abilities out of these guys.

Still, Tanjirou gave a hell of a fight this episode and seems like his training pulled off. Ufotable gave this episode great production quality for that fight and made it look like a movie. Poor Nezuko though..as she struggled. This also felt like one of the more important fights as it shows Tanjirou's growth. 

What about that episode was movie level production exactly? Episode 1 was amazing, but the animation has taken a major hit this episode. If this level continues beyound a few episodes, I'll just have to drop it.
May 3, 2023 12:12 PM
Dec 2020
feels like demon slayer terribly fell off this season so far. No Zenitsu, no Insouke, we barely saw anything from this season's 2 hashiras but first impression is that Mitsuri is an annoying fanservice and Muichiro is the most generic and bland anime archetype, they definitely dont live up to Tomioka, Rengoku and Tengen. Plot wise literally nothing happened, fight is decent AT BEST so far, it doenst feel like it has any value. We also dont know anything about the two uppermoons beside the 4-way split personality. feels like they are just plot devices, just obstacles for the characters to beat, appeared out of nowhere, said nothing and fought. Demon slayer is probably not the best anime to look for any sense or reason but its not an excuse, its been just hard for me to acknowledge any quality so far. (genya is cool tho)
May 3, 2023 3:36 PM

Apr 2018
Idk if it's just me but this season so far is eh... It's not great or bad... It seems some of you guys here agree as well. Idk why but I just can't get connected with the characters as I do with other shows. 
Is anyone else lol'ing at the angry demon though? He just stands there and yells haha.
May 3, 2023 4:20 PM
Apr 2021
The cliffhanger...
May 3, 2023 5:21 PM

May 2021
Am kind of disliking pacing in this season. There's very little story development and formula seems to be overly simple. Not that this show was masterpiece in story telling but some development would be desirable other than few episodes of nothing followed by a fight lasting entire season.
May 3, 2023 7:00 PM

Jul 2022
Great fight so far!!! The four guys are pretty formidable, though I think they might be a lot easier to beat than the guys last season were. Especially now that we have FIVE crazy powerful demon slayers up in this bitch.

Nezuko and Tanjiro up to their usual dopeness, but that Genya guy!?? What is up with him, he can't die?? Must have something to do with his prayer ? IDK.

Also, looks like Tokito has some like lost memories or something, maybe that's why he's so cold, he just doens't know how to be nermal?

Mitsuri hasn't done anything yet but I'm sure she'll be helpful. Also, pot guy really doesn't do much I guess he can summon fish dudes?? I'm sure he is more powerful than that, so I have no idea.

Excited to see more from Tokito and Genya, this fight is fantastic so far!!

URL="https://malsignature.com"][/URL]
May 4, 2023 8:16 AM

Aug 2020
I don't hate CGI, animation, or anything except the pacing.
This pacing is just so weird, it's like they are stretching it out or something. It feels... so slow. Some scenes can just be shortened but they make it longer for dramatic effect or something, like those in Indian dramas.
DILF characters need more appreciation
Hot boys which are not Bishies also welcome
May 4, 2023 9:38 AM

Mar 2017
Those four demons are unstoppable… they need more people ASAP! Luckily Mitsuri’s on her way and I can’t wait to see what she can do!

Nezuko was pretty awesome this episode but I wanna see her REALLY go all out without Tanjirou. I think that would flesh her character out a lot more.

And Genya… I fucking love him already!
May 4, 2023 11:58 AM

Apr 2022
Those goldfish monsters are cute looking, but there are so many of them, they're a pain in the ass.
May 4, 2023 2:20 PM
May 2016
It was really good but i wish it wasn't that short i can't get enough
May 4, 2023 8:18 PM
Feb 2020
Genys was too cool this ep
May 5, 2023 9:18 AM
Jan 2021
was a good episode to show each emotion demon's ability
May 5, 2023 9:54 AM
Sep 2018
the pacing on this episode made it feel like filler tbh
May 5, 2023 7:12 PM

Jul 2013
Even with just a glimpse it was still interesting to learn a little bit more about Muichirou. I wonder if he often looks like he's daydreaming because he hasn't been able to regain his memories yet. I hope he makes it back in time to rescue Kanamori and Haganezuka, who is constantly working on restoring the sword Tanjirou and Kotetsu found.

The fighting has intensified again. Tanjirou gained an important realization that the demons split into 4 in the form of anger, joy, suffering and pleasure are the strongest versions and any further splitting is comparatively weak. However, the question remains as to how they can be killed. Maybe everyone's tongues have to be severed at the same time? 

Genya is a true savage. He has already lost so much blood from the spear attack and still seems confident. Poor Nezuko was bullied at first, but was able to show what she's capable of afterwards. 

Tanjirou pretty much surprised me the most, using his quick wit to use his foot on one demon to avoid being affected by the lightning attack. Unfortunately, both Tanjirou and Nezuko suffered a violent attack that completely knocked them out. 

At least there is now a glimmer of hope in the form of Mitsuri. I'm already excited to see how strong she really is what her fighting style will look like.

May 6, 2023 7:51 AM

May 2018
Another mediocre episode, at this point I can't even blame Ufotable, even if the whole fish thing is shit, if you consider the source material I think they're doing the best they can here. Welp, I should've stopped before the Entertainment District Arc, now it's late already.

Grant me one hour on love's most sacred shores
    To clasp the bosom that my soul adores,
    Lie heart to heart and merge my soul with yours
May 6, 2023 10:34 AM
Jul 2011
Looks like Tanjiro is out of commission again. Can't wait to see him get even more hurt, pull some power ups out of nowhere and defeat the Upper Moons.
May 6, 2023 10:42 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Genya seems inmortal!!! kekeke
May 6, 2023 2:55 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Good fighting continuation regarding the Tanjiro and Nezuko duo but I didn't expect them to get beat like that... Mitsuri is coming so she's going to save that hopefully
May 6, 2023 5:00 PM
Sep 2018
it was good nice action
May 6, 2023 5:22 PM
Sep 2017
ummm i love it
my best amine
May 6, 2023 6:39 PM
Jun 2022
silent_lurker said:
no sense for the vase being the power instead of the head for the fish. literally 0 explanation and it goes against ALL head canon for demons (no pun)

the fights were bland and garbage. the good animation is what keeps me interested, but this was hot trash

the fight with the eagle guy made no sense. How was he so light? because his wings were small? That makes some sense. But why/how did protag-kun push him so far into the castle lmao. do physics not work in the anime?

grabbing the talon and expecting it to be impervious to electricity makes no sense, but lets wax off the protag for thinking on his feet in battle

the wind guy just happens to return when the electric guy is about to lose. and he fus ro da's them unconscious

this anime is peak throw random ideas at a wall and bring them up

i still don't understand if these two upper demons confirmed it was the village, why not bring Muzan and all top 3 to wreck the village into oblivion.

AND HOW DID THE DEMON FIND OUT ABOUT THIS SUPA SECRET VILLAGE
muichiro literally says that pot is a source of power because its a blood demon art. i can agree that the tanjiro fight was a bit slow paced and the cuts were strange but not terrible. lets not forget that tanjiro had be shocked before so he may have thought up something while he was separated from that fight. what did you expect the wind dude to stay out of the fight for the rest of it?? as stated in the FIRST episode of this season, the reason gyokko (and hantengu) even went to the village was to confirm if the information that gyokko received was true after muzan had outbursted and decapittated gyokko. as for how gyokko got the info its never really disclosed but i will simply provide a quote I found: " [font="\"Noto Sans\", Arial, sans-serif"]So this brings us to my theory, in the fan book it's stated that Muzan likes Gyokko because his pots go for a lot of money, so he sells them to people. I think this is how he found the location. What I think happened is that Muzan sold one of Gyokko's pots to someone not knowing they were a part of the swordsmith village, and when brought to the village and nightfall struck, he used his abilities to come out of the vase and bada bing bada-boom he finds the village."[/font]
May 6, 2023 7:00 PM
Jul 2017
Kymazaki said:
silent_lurker said:
no sense for the vase being the power instead of the head for the fish. literally 0 explanation and it goes against ALL head canon for demons (no pun)

the fights were bland and garbage. the good animation is what keeps me interested, but this was hot trash

the fight with the eagle guy made no sense. How was he so light? because his wings were small? That makes some sense. But why/how did protag-kun push him so far into the castle lmao. do physics not work in the anime?

grabbing the talon and expecting it to be impervious to electricity makes no sense, but lets wax off the protag for thinking on his feet in battle

the wind guy just happens to return when the electric guy is about to lose. and he fus ro da's them unconscious

this anime is peak throw random ideas at a wall and bring them up

i still don't understand if these two upper demons confirmed it was the village, why not bring Muzan and all top 3 to wreck the village into oblivion.

muichiro literally says that pot is a source of power because its a blood demon art. i can agree that the tanjiro fight was a bit slow paced and the cuts were strange but not terrible. lets not forget that tanjiro had be shocked before so he may have thought up something while he was separated from that fight. what did you expect the wind dude to stay out of the fight for the rest of it?? as stated in the FIRST episode of this season, the reason gyokko (and hantengu) even went to the village was to confirm if the information that gyokko received was true after muzan had outbursted and decapittated gyokko. as for how gyokko got the info its never really disclosed but i will simply provide a quote I found: " [font="\"Noto Sans\", Arial, sans-serif"]So this brings us to my theory, in the fan book it's stated that Muzan likes Gyokko because his pots go for a lot of money, so he sells them to people. I think this is how he found the location. What I think happened is that Muzan sold one of Gyokko's pots to someone not knowing they were a part of the swordsmith village, and when brought to the village and nightfall struck, he used his abilities to come out of the vase and bada bing bada-boom he finds the village."[/font]
that's a nice piece of lore. if his power works that way (pot teleportation) he should be way higher than 4th imo 
May 6, 2023 7:04 PM
Jul 2017
xZabuzax said:
silent_lurker said:

1 - Those fishes are not your regular demons, they are summoned by the upper moons with blood arts so it makes sense if their weak points are not their heads but the vase instead.

2 - I kinda agree, I wasn't impressed with the fight in this episode, it was lacking compared to the previous fights. That being said, I won't call it bland or garbage, I will call it uninspiring instead.

3 - If that happens then Demon Slayer will end in that same episode and we don't want that, wouldn't we?

4 - Yeah I found this dumb too, they couldn't find that village for more than a century and suddenly, they are able to find it now, this was silly. I guess we can say that the death of the Upper Moon (Gyutaro & Daki) was a wake-up call for them and they started to take this more seriously and made more effort into finding the village. It was silly, but this can be an excuse I guess.
1. agreed, i should have been clearer, if they are demons, then make a stronger animal a demon than MAGIKARP LOL

2. Agreed, i just have a lower tolerance for mediocrity with this anime because the animation and fighting scenes are gorgeous. i certainly don't watch this anime for the plot, characters, or anything else. when they drop the ball, i wasted ~10min for nothing (I watch the ep at 2x lmao)

3. agreed, that just highlights the poor writing. the mangaka corners himself thematically, then writes random plot armor to keep the story going. it's just poor planning

4. apparently a theory is floating the vase demon can teleport between pots. and one of his pots was sold to a resident of the swordsmith village. 
May 7, 2023 6:17 AM

Oct 2013
Marvelously animated action sequences. As expected from ufotable.

Hantengu is extremely dangerous with that ability of his to divide into sever independent entities posing a huge threat to everyone who is nearby.

Genya and Nezuko were awesome during this episode. Good fight from both of them. Tanjiro also did well. However, they are still outnumbered by Hantengu's "moods" (of we can call like that the entities he got divided into; after all, they represent certain moods, lol).
May 7, 2023 11:53 AM
Dec 2017
The worst episode of the season as of yet. The fight between yelling bird demon and tanjiro was terrible, and the dialogues... Well I guess the dialogues were as good (bad ?) as in the previous seasons.
May 7, 2023 12:00 PM
Feb 2020
Again showing why Unfotable is the best at animated action 10/10
May 7, 2023 1:47 PM
Feb 2023
Simply perfect MASTER
May 8, 2023 3:02 AM
Feb 2020
Ufotable going Unlimited Budget Works again
May 8, 2023 12:33 PM
Jan 2023
Okay, Demon slayer has officially stepped on its own toes

When you build up the "entertainment district arc", where it showcases the power levels of all involved, you cannot help but feel that the mighty Tenjiro is WAYYY weaker now compared to that arc. Yea sure he got badly injured, but he is just getting beaten around by a dude not even seemingly half as strong as the demon he fought in the other arc

Furthermore, am I the only one who actually cannot bring himself to like the new site characters? It feels rushed and forced, and the humor of demon slayer.... has now gotten overused. 

Animation is still top-tear, but damn the writing feels forced and boring. Characters are annoying and the moons well have gotten a turn down in power
Blackwolf1261May 8, 2023 12:48 PM
May 9, 2023 12:14 AM
Feb 2022
sheeesh this shi keeps gettin better n better
May 13, 2023 8:25 PM
Aug 2014
im just in shock :0
May 14, 2023 3:35 AM

May 2020
Pissing off Nezuko by hurting her or Tanjiro, is the worst move demons can make. Mitsuri is finally on her way back to the village.
May 14, 2023 12:55 PM

Oct 2017
Nezuko did really great, she's become real strong. Mitsuri's coming to rescue, hurry up girl.
May 14, 2023 11:51 PM
Jan 2022
Dont like the CGI but whateves
May 15, 2023 9:38 AM
Apr 2023
I think it was very good. Tanjiro was so cool with his marks out.
May 15, 2023 11:11 AM
Aug 2020
just masterpiece
May 16, 2023 5:46 AM

Jul 2013
So far I'm not impressed by those two hashira's performance unlike with flame and sound hashiras (forgot their names) cause those two were impressive right off the bat. Let's see how pink girl performs
May 16, 2023 9:41 PM
May 2023
it doesn't hit the same for some raison
May 18, 2023 3:25 AM

Jun 2022
amazing episode I loved it!

Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba: Katanakaji no Sato-hen Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 11, 2023

268 by Matheus050 »»
Jun 19, 8:09 PM

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba: Katanakaji no Sato-hen Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Jun 18, 2023

711 by arafat10 »»
Jun 16, 1:16 AM

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba: Katanakaji no Sato-hen Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Softhenic03 - May 7, 2023

290 by Naveen6662246 »»
Jun 4, 10:14 AM

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba: Katanakaji no Sato-hen Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Apr 8, 2023

454 by jasiy100 »»
May 21, 7:46 AM

» Movie entry gone from DB

JVskunkape - May 12

17 by DigiCat »»
May 20, 4:16 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.