Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Ajin: Demi-Human
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Oct 28, 2016 10:50 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Lol, Kei doing pull-ups...

I find it kinda amusing how experimental the episode felt with the Ajin. Kaito got quite aggressive this episode, nice. The suffering continues :<
Oct 28, 2016 6:32 PM

Oct 2012
Oooooh winged Ajin located! Can't wait for next ep, although it seems that it's AO?
"If I don't have to do it, I won't. If I have to do it, I'll make it quick."
- Oreki Houtarou
Oct 29, 2016 3:11 AM

Dec 2013
Next episode looks nothing like anything that ever happens in the manga. I'm a bit worried about how the rest of the season will be handeled. I just hope it won't be a complete disaster.

Cool seeing so much Kai in this episode and we got to see the Ajin who has the winged IBM! I really like its design.

I'm guessing new American agents are probably going to catch on to Tosaki soon. Interested to see their role in the anime considering they are both anime original characters.

That final scene was epic!
Oct 29, 2016 5:56 AM
Jan 2013
This anime is one of the most briliant show that has been produced in the last 5 years... might be the most significant for the next decade.... i don't know why so few noticed this....
Oct 29, 2016 7:35 AM

Jul 2014
G_Spark233 said:

That final scene was epic!

...That is how you end an episode!!..

..Ajin is put together in ..quite a good way...which makes it...in total... a really good experience...
Oct 29, 2016 7:52 AM

May 2015
That woman from the US Department of Defense is sure good-looking.... Lol.

Next episode looks like hype, I can't wait! Great episode. That ending, though!

Oct 29, 2016 7:58 AM

Sep 2015
Wooooo so he is the one with the winged IBM ! I wonder if every ajins have a
peculiarity
Oct 29, 2016 8:46 AM

Jan 2016
this episode was much better because I thought something else was going to happen.

Was so obvious he was an Ajin when they brought up he escaped.

Kai stealing our hearts, true friend, but mr mystery winged Ajin is a lot like Kei!

hahahaha, damn Americans, the smoking scientist dude is dope asf

My question, will he just help escape, or go with? How will kai **** with kei? What will the reaction to an angel-ibm be?

Oct 29, 2016 8:49 AM
Apr 2014
Welp the Winged IBM's Ajin is revealed

I was very surprised when I saw this, manga readers will know what I'm talking about, this signals that they're going with a completely anime original route now, the Kai and Winged IBM Ajin stuff is canon and I assume they'll use some of the backstories from the manga as well, but the manga plot progression is definitely over with this one image.

The 2 americans stuff is anime original and I think it's pretty much in line with the manga, they come and investigate Ogura's fake murder and become a threat to Tosaki, well if you're not on Satou's list you at least get some conflict with these 2, maybe they're spoiling future events for manga readers?
Drake1000Oct 29, 2016 9:06 AM
Oct 29, 2016 11:12 AM

Mar 2011
This season is getting really good. As for episode, well 4/5.

Men are props on the stage of life, and no matter how tender, how exquisite…
A lie will remain a lie.

Oct 29, 2016 11:55 AM
Apr 2016
I bet Satou's secret weapon is blowing up the parliament. If not, than something even more insane.
Re:formed
Oct 29, 2016 1:43 PM
Sep 2012
I wonder if the inmates are going to report the Ajin. They were assaulted by an invisible ghost after all. According to Takeshi Kotobuki they were put in solitary but it would be a bit difficult to believe they wouldn't have informed the authorities by the time they arrived there. If Takeshi is exposed that would be also problematic for Kaito because he can help him escape.
Oct 29, 2016 4:20 PM

Sep 2014
Well a winged Ghost, thats something! Considering how they said Ghosts are connected to your personality, with wings = freedom, this probably means the new guy is in prison for quite some time?
I dont really like that they only introduced him this late, well I always expected more to show up, considering how many where at the gathering in Season 1..

Well kai is back! Thats nice!
He really is a true friend. I hope nothing happens to him ._.
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Oct 29, 2016 5:24 PM

Mar 2016
I was actually worried since they add multiple original event that they would make that last scene different from the manga but it was adapted so perfectly ! I'm more than satisfied
Seunghoon my sunflower
Oct 29, 2016 5:36 PM

Dec 2013
louisck said:
I wonder if the inmates are going to report the Ajin. They were assaulted by an invisible ghost after all. According to Takeshi Kotobuki they were put in solitary but it would be a bit difficult to believe they wouldn't have informed the authorities by the time they arrived there. If Takeshi is exposed that would be also problematic for Kaito because he can help him escape.

I highly doubt the inmates know he is an Ajin. They weren't able to see the IBM and I doubt they have any idea what an IBM even is.
Oct 29, 2016 6:17 PM

Jul 2007
Drake1000 said:

I was very surprised when I saw this, manga readers will know what I'm talking about, this signals that they're going with a completely anime original route now, the Kai and Winged IBM Ajin stuff is canon and I assume they'll use some of the backstories from the manga as well, but the manga plot progression is definitely over with this one image.

Surprised me too.
I'm very interested to see what they come up with now for the anime original storyline. The next episode preview looks interesting at least, I just hope the story will hold up for the rest of the series.
Oct 29, 2016 6:27 PM

Jun 2013
Kai is just too nice and can't see anyone in trouble. Even though Kei ditched him, he still thinks of him as a friend and will still go to him if he's in trouble. Kai meets a really weird kid who escaped prison once. The punks want to find out how he escaped but he can't just tell them that he's an ajin with a winged IBM, so he stays quiet and gets beat up as a result. Kai sure has some weird luck, running into another ajin and befriending him.

Tosaki is in a pinch here since the Americans are here to investigate the death of Ogura, who is only officially dead. Tosaki has to come up with some accurate story so he's going to check the records of the day he "died". And looks like in the next episode the Americans have found put something important since Tosaki looks like he's under attack and the woman ajin is fighting and getting hurt badly. The plan also looks like it'll be put into action since Kei and Kou are running around with guns. And Satou has probably made a bomb and is gonna do something bad. Next week should be exciting as hell with all this shit going down.
Oct 29, 2016 6:30 PM
Sep 2012
G_Spark233 said:

I highly doubt the inmates know he is an Ajin. They weren't able to see the IBM and I doubt they have any idea what an IBM even is.

Hm. He did go quite far to not use his IBM against them even though they were really hurting him. He seems to have had some motive not to use it - there's risk for him to be discovered? Security cameras, guards overhearing the inmates talking about the incident, the inmates being questioned and the report ending up in the wrong hands are possibilities. After all, he did not tell them how he escaped because he can't have them know he's an Ajin. Using the IBM is always risky and precaution is always helpful but he seemed to be willing to take a real beating just not to use it, up until he decided to save Kaito.
Oct 29, 2016 7:15 PM

Dec 2013
louisck said:
G_Spark233 said:

Hm. He did go quite far to not use his IBM against them even though they were really hurting him. He seems to have had some motive not to use it - there's risk for him to be discovered? Security cameras, guards overhearing the inmates talking about the incident, the inmates being questioned and the report ending up in the wrong hands are possibilities. After all, he did not tell them how he escaped because he can't have them know he's an Ajin. Using the IBM is always risky and precaution is always helpful but he seemed to be willing to take a real beating just not to use it, up until he decided to save Kaito.

I would imagine it has a small risk considering that they had no idea how he managed to escape.
Oct 29, 2016 9:40 PM

Sep 2014
Damn that winged IBM's entrance was epic!
Oct 29, 2016 9:45 PM
Towel Attendant

Dec 2014
Agreed on the epic entrance of the winged IBM! 13/10
Oct 29, 2016 9:47 PM

Jun 2014
God damn, Kai got fucked up in this episode.

I already had a pretty strong feeling that the new guy was an Ajin, but what he said at the end confirmed my hopes that he had the winged IBM (which I think was hinted at in the ED). The way it was introduced was insanely awesome. Can't wait to see what happens next.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

MAL is literally just anime Twitter as its own website lol.

Oct 29, 2016 10:16 PM

May 2012
Wow! That winged IBM is epic. Just love the way how it rest on the dude's shoulders and spreads its wings...so awesome...
Oct 29, 2016 10:32 PM

Dec 2014
Really good episode.

Satou's murders still continue, Kei and Nakano's training still continues.

We got some Americans investigating into Ogura's death, Probably only a matter of time until they catch on to something being off. The blond woman looks good. XD

Kai is such a great friend, Knowing went to back off but always stepping in when necessary. We really need more of him in the show. :D
New guy Ajin confirmed, That Winged IBM reveal was amazing.
Oct 29, 2016 11:53 PM

Dec 2012
Nice episode. Great to see Kai again. Kotobuki's got it a bit rough with those prisoners.

Kei & Kou continuing their training.

Cool reveal of the Winged IBM.
"I’ve set myself to become the King of the Pirates…and if I die trying…then at least I tried!" Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece)

Oct 30, 2016 2:36 AM

Dec 2012
That last scene was epic ! Nice episode. Once again, Kai helps everyone, this guy is too kind, but he can now escape from prison to help Kei :).

I am excited to see the new Satou's plan
Oct 30, 2016 5:29 AM

Jul 2014
Yeah, that winged IBM is awesome. Hope we get to see it in action against Satou and co, as I assume that is the direction this show is headed.
Oct 30, 2016 6:57 AM

Sep 2015
What a cool ending!
Oct 30, 2016 7:47 AM

Apr 2015
Cool

Nuff said...
Oct 30, 2016 8:58 AM
Apr 2016
Quick question, who is voicing Nagai's Ajin? The same person is giving modified voice to an unknown masked man in Mobile Suits Gundam Tekketsu no Orphans 2, I want to know who is it.
Re:formed
Oct 30, 2016 9:37 AM

Mar 2013
Ooh so the owner of the winged Ajin is revealed. The ending was epic.
Oct 30, 2016 9:45 AM

Jun 2013
Glad to FINALLY see kai back, best episode of the season so far!
Oct 30, 2016 4:42 PM

Sep 2015
OH shyt a Winged IBM! Awesome
Oct 30, 2016 4:42 PM

May 2016
Yooooo. The winged ajin's cool af!
Oct 30, 2016 5:22 PM

Apr 2013
Nice shirt.

I wonder.. if there's a reason for the different forms their IBM have, like the wings, or no head.

Oct 30, 2016 6:02 PM
Sep 2010
kumooo said:
Nice shirt.

I wonder.. if there's a reason for the different forms their IBM have, like the wings, or no head.

There's been a headless IBM?? O_O I don't remember seeing one.
Oct 30, 2016 6:05 PM

Sep 2009
winged ajin :O hype
Oct 30, 2016 6:06 PM

Apr 2013
WhaleDynasty said:
kumooo said:
Nice shirt.

Shimomura's is, isn't it?

Oct 30, 2016 6:12 PM
Sep 2010
kumooo said:
WhaleDynasty said:

Shimomura's is, isn't it?

Ah I remember her's having a kinda sharp head with like a horn thing lol
http://www.japanator.com/ul/35238-ajin-season-2/44122-noscale.jpg
Oct 30, 2016 6:18 PM

Oct 2011
Kai makes a friend who will help him out escape yay
Oct 30, 2016 8:20 PM

Jun 2015
Kei training is funny to watch. He is weak xD I'm one to laugh though, I'm just as weak as he is. That guy's IBM has wings :O It looks so cool. I figured he is an Ajin. It was nice to see more of Kai. Sucks he's in prison. Him getting beat up for helping that one guy is terrible :( I'm curious what's Satou's secret weapon.
Oct 31, 2016 2:50 PM

Jun 2013
oh wow there's a winged IBM!!
Oct 31, 2016 6:02 PM

Aug 2015
Welp that guy ended up being an ajin. That last shot at the end looked epic, a ibm with wings.
Oct 31, 2016 9:37 PM
Feb 2016
Seems like everyone's getting ready for the second half of the second wave.

I hope if ever Kaito gets out to save Kei he'll still live. And the last scene is the only one where they make the IBM looks beautiful.
Nov 1, 2016 11:52 AM

Jun 2015
an IBM with wings? damn I never thought of this one
If you are going to disagree with me, don't bother talking to me. I will seriously hurt you!
Nov 2, 2016 12:19 PM
May 2016
Kai is a really good friend. Whoa! that last scene with the winged ghost was really cool, so that prisoner was the one owning it and it plans to use it to let Kai escape. Looking forward for the next episode, seems like they will dispatch their plan now.
Nov 2, 2016 7:42 PM

Jan 2013
Satou is so badass, i can't get enough of him.
That last scene was so unexpected and great, an Ajin that flies wow.
Can't wait to know what Satou is planning.
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Nov 3, 2016 1:33 AM

Oct 2008
Great Episode!
Kei & Kou is really doing some tough training in-order to be powerful soldiers of Tosaki!
When I comes to Ajins, Ogura is a genius!
Kaito really is taking a lot of pain in that prison!
That dude on the prison together with Kaito is none other than the very useful for prison breaks! The Ajin with wings! Takeshi Kotobuki.
5/5!

Nov 3, 2016 8:58 PM

Nov 2015
Really entertaining episode, that last scene was epic. Winged IBM!

Nov 4, 2016 12:15 PM

Feb 2013
Drake1000 said:

The 2 americans stuff is anime original and I think it's pretty much in line with the manga, they come and investigate Ogura's fake murder and become a threat to Tosaki, well if you're not on Satou's list you at least get some conflict with these 2, maybe they're spoiling future events for manga readers?

So their skipping the most fun part of the manga entirely?

Lovely...
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Will there be a season 3?

Krystopher - Dec 28, 2016

22 by Stake2 »»
Aug 29, 2:38 AM

Poll: » Ajin 2nd Season Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 23, 2016

189 by SlammyHammy »»
Aug 9, 5:47 PM

Poll: » Ajin 2nd Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 16, 2016

58 by cableguyjay »»
Jan 17, 6:12 AM

Poll: » Ajin 2nd Season Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 16, 2016

39 by cableguyjay »»
Jan 15, 1:51 AM

Poll: » Ajin 2nd Season Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 9, 2016

70 by cableguyjay »»
Jan 13, 6:35 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.