Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Date A Live (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Mar 8, 2019 6:19 PM

Dec 2016
About the Phantom, does someone else recognize the voice actress?
I'm confident I heard that voice somewhere, but really can't remember right now ...
Mar 8, 2019 7:59 PM
Aug 2018
eXtripa69 said:
I'm confident I heard that voice somewhere, but really can't remember right now ...

Its cute that Phantom is listed as ??? in the end credits. Though I guess if they listed who it is, would be a spoiler.
Mar 8, 2019 8:14 PM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Are we ever going to know who was behind the death of Origami’s parents in the undisturbed true timeline before Kurumi’s intervention into the world timelines?

Speaking of Kurumi, we got a lot more from her this episode and they were nice to have! Her past self was a lot more cautious but good thing she wasn’t as stubborn as you’d think someone her age would normally be making things much easier for Shido and (Present) Kurumi. Still a bit confused over the whole time-travel aspect to be honest, i.e. how is Shido alive despite what just happened earlier in the end there and how exactly does Phantom know about Shido’s plans(I wonder if she, too, has a power that’s related to time or something of the sort) but I hope we will get answers to that in the coming episodes. What a cliffhanger though, curious to see if he managed to save them for sure.
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Mar 8, 2019 8:32 PM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
eXtripa69 said:

It’s hard to say, now that I think about it and yeah I, too, feel like I’ve heard that character speak before.

It’s obviously not any of the usual girls that hang around Shido for sure. I was thinking in the earlier episode that it might’ve been the teacher, purely out of guess and considering she’s received quite a lot of screentime in this franchise, but the beginning of this episode completely ruled out that idea. And then there’s those three besties and the JDF but chances seem very unlikely for one of them to be Phantom to be honest. Murasame seems very well-informed on Spirits and such in general, but I doubt she’s Phantom too. Aside from these set of Characters, there aren’t even many more female characters so I think it’s got to be someone from the other side but no one other than Ellen Mathers comes to mind. But Ellen is said to be the strongest Wizard so she’s probably a human, so that’s probably a no-no too. Light novel readers say that it’s someone whom were already affiliated with and that too for a while so it’s all the more interesting as to who it really is. By the way, I just assumed it’d be a female just because of the appearance of that fake version but there aren’t really much of the Male characters that come to mind, other than that poor friend of Shido’s who always seems to be getting the short end of the stick every time and Kyouhei who can be a womaniser but again I highly doubt it’s him. Had it been Westcott he’d probably reveal it by now, so not him either.

As such, as you can probably guess by now, I have next to no clue on who it is so I’m looking forward to the eventual reveal.

Mar 8, 2019 9:20 PM
Jan 2018
kiza1379 said:
Welp. Shit goes Steins;Gate I guess. Phantom's identity is pretty much revealed if you know where to look tbh. And of course I mean in the anime. Tho it seems like things got pretty complicated in the VN or manga or LN whatnot, I don't really know since I didn't play/read them. But seriously, it's pretty much revealed. J.C. Staffs didn't even put effort on keep them hidden. Imo it's better to keep things hidden especially when there's time travel involved. People even already posted them here lul. It's all about matching the silhouette with answers J.C. Staffs provided.

HYPE: https://imgur.com/a/fNGFps2

P.S. : Things got pretty interesting when i think about how it might turn out tbh. Here goes my thoughts. Warning high potential spoilers even tho I didn't read/play the sources:

They are probably wrong about who it is
Mar 8, 2019 9:30 PM
Jan 2018
_MushiRock11_ said:
Are we ever going to know who was behind the death of Origami’s parents in the undisturbed true timeline before Kurumi’s intervention into the world timelines?

Speaking of Kurumi, we got a lot more from her this episode and they were nice to have! Her past self was a lot more cautious but good thing she wasn’t as stubborn as you’d think someone her age would normally be making things much easier for Shido and (Present) Kurumi. Still a bit confused over the whole time-travel aspect to be honest, i.e. how is Shido alive despite what just happened earlier in the end there and how exactly does Phantom know about Shido’s plans(I wonder if she, too, has a power that’s related to time or something of the sort) but I hope we will get answers to that in the coming episodes. What a cliffhanger though, curious to see if he managed to save them for sure.

????? undisturbed true timeline what do you mean we sore the true timeline it was always origami.

Shido is still alive because time Travel . He saved her parents the timeline we know from season 1 to this point has been erased and plus his younger self wasnt in harms way so he wouldnt have died . After saving her parents future shido didn't need to even exist in the timeline as he changed it

Phantom didn't say anything about knowing his plans though . Phantom just correctly convyed how he got thier and shido pretty corrected her words with his reaction / response
Mattinator95Mar 8, 2019 9:56 PM
Mar 8, 2019 9:33 PM
Jan 2018
Takata said:
Hm... art seemed a little better overall this episode.

I thought he couldn't save Origami's parents because that would rewrite 5 years of the timeline, but he did it anyway. Shido saving them creates a contradiction: if he saves them, the younger Origami wouldn't have a reason to join the AST, and travel back in time 5 years later and fire Metatron. Thus, the threat that Shido saves them from should never appear.
Perhaps the Origami that fires Metatron at her parents, and the Shido that pushes them out of the way, are simply foreign to the timeline in which it occurs?
...yeah time travel just doesn't make perfect sense. >.<

Aside, in both timelines, the Phantom has witnessed that Origami has the skill to wield Metatron.

Seems to be an art error in episode 7 where the inverted Origami is shown with long hair under her veil for one shot, but it's short for all the other shots in the same scene.

MomoSinX said:
I wonder if Shido succeeded, maybe with Kotori's regen powers it's not really a problem if he gets pulverized.. at least that's what comes to my mind first.
I believe that exceeds Kotori's regeneration ability. Walking into Yoshino'd ice storm was dangerous because he'd keep taking damage, never getting a chance to heal. Sounds like regenerative health in games, where you need to stop taking damage for it to work.

People are forgetting there was more then one shido in that time period . It just his future self that disappeared
Mattinator95Mar 8, 2019 9:59 PM
Mar 8, 2019 9:43 PM

Dec 2016
Take 2 I guess for Shido trying to change the past.

I kinda like the look the old Kurumi had, her hair was a lot longer then her current self and personality a bit different as well, even the future her commented on that part.

Well Shido saved the day for the Origami family but I think he died in the process.
Mar 8, 2019 9:52 PM
Aug 2018
_MushiRock11_ said:
eXtripa69 said:

It’s hard to say, now that I think about it and yeah I, too, feel like I’ve heard that character speak before.

It’s obviously not any of the usual girls that hang around Shido for sure. I was thinking in the earlier episode that it might’ve been the teacher, purely out of guess and considering she’s received quite a lot of screentime in this franchise, but the beginning of this episode completely ruled out that idea. And then there’s those three besties and the JDF but chances seem very unlikely for one of them to be Phantom to be honest. Murasame seems very well-informed on Spirits and such in general, but I doubt she’s Phantom too. Aside from these set of Characters, there aren’t even many more female characters so I think it’s got to be someone from the other side but no one other than Ellen Mathers comes to mind. But Ellen is said to be the strongest Wizard so she’s probably a human, so that’s probably a no-no too. Light novel readers say that it’s someone whom were already affiliated with and that too for a while so it’s all the more interesting as to who it really is. By the way, I just assumed it’d be a female just because of the appearance of that fake version but there aren’t really much of the Male characters that come to mind, other than that poor friend of Shido’s who always seems to be getting the short end of the stick every time and Kyouhei who can be a womaniser but again I highly doubt it’s him. Had it been Westcott he’d probably reveal it by now, so not him either.

As such, as you can probably guess by now, I have next to no clue on who it is so I’m looking forward to the eventual reveal.

Yes Phantom is definitely a female. She is able to deduce that Shido time traveled based on his appearance. She does not know his exact plans.

As for the reveal of Phantom's identity, unfortunately it won't happen in this season if they are adapting based on the LN pace (Origami arc is vol 10-11, Phantom reveal is vol 16 in Kurumi's arc).

You can try guessing her identity by

Mar 8, 2019 10:03 PM

May 2013
I feel like Tohka is the phantom really wild guess.
Mar 8, 2019 10:13 PM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
NormT said:
_MushiRock11_ said:

Yes Phantom is definitely a female. She is able to deduce that Shido time traveled based on his appearance. She does not know his exact plans.

As for the reveal of Phantom's identity, unfortunately it won't happen in this season if they are adapting based on the LN pace (Origami arc is vol 10-11, Phantom reveal is vol 16 in Kurumi's arc).

You can try guessing her identity by

Oh right, that’s a bit disappointing.
I’ll try watching that episode, thanks!

Mar 8, 2019 10:17 PM
Jan 2016
Damn , this episode was intense!

So Shido managed to speak with phantom, and teh phantom girl form is the one that appears in opening, i really curious to know who is she, seems to be important!

Kurumi 5 years ago had a diferent style, i like to see her younger!

Shido managed to save Origami's parents, and died to save them, he woke up well, so that mean he is a diferent timeline, but why is he alive if he died, i am so much curious to see my quest answered in next episode!
Mar 8, 2019 10:22 PM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Mattinator95 said:
_MushiRock11_ said:

????? undisturbed true timeline what do you mean we sore the true timeline it was always origami.

Shido is still alive because time Travel . He saved her parents the timeline we know from season 1 to this point has been erased and plus his younger self wasnt in harms way so he wouldnt have died . After saving her parents future shido didn't need to even exist in the timeline as he changed it

Phantom didn't say anything about knowing his plans though . Phantom just correctly convyed how he got thier and shido pretty corrected her words with his reaction / response

Wait, wasn’t it because Origami travelled back in time using the Yod Bet and accidentally killed her parents? How’s this the true timeline then? Don’t tell me it’s like on repeat this way like Steins;Gate where this event is like a converging point which must happen.

Right, I see.

Oh, is that so? I think I interpreted the scene, or rather that specific dialogue of hers wrong then.
_MushiRock11_Mar 8, 2019 10:40 PM

Mar 9, 2019 1:25 AM
Jan 2018
_MushiRock11_ said:
Mattinator95 said:

Wait, wasn’t it because Origami travelled back in time using the Yod Bet and accidentally killed her parents? How’s this the true timeline then? Don’t tell me it’s like on repeat this way like Steins;Gate where this event is like a converging point which must happen.

Right, I see.

Oh, is that so? I think I interpreted the scene, or rather that specific dialogue of hers wrong then.

From season 1 till this episode . was the true timeline where she accidantally kills her parents. The timeline that shido created by saving her parents is a different timeline so I guess it was always going to Happen eventually ( future shido saving them )

But I guess shido traveling back again and confronting phantom created a new timeline too . And shido meeting past kurumi also changed the timeline as well
Mattinator95Mar 9, 2019 1:44 AM
Mar 9, 2019 1:36 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Mattinator95 said:
_MushiRock11_ said:

Right, I see.

From season 1 till this episode . was the true timeline where she accidantally kills her parents. The timeline that shido created by saving her parents is a different timeline so I guess it was always going to Happen eventually ( future shido saving them )

But I'm unsure about that part if it was always going to Happen or not as it looked like a new event . The only thing that hasn't come together is the shido that talked to kurumi when shido was in the past . And if kurumi knew shido since the beginning or not

Right, I get it now, thanks!

Mar 9, 2019 1:45 AM

Sep 2010
Mattinator95 said:
Takata said:
Hm... art seemed a little better overall this episode.

I thought he couldn't save Origami's parents because that would rewrite 5 years of the timeline, but he did it anyway. Shido saving them creates a contradiction: if he saves them, the younger Origami wouldn't have a reason to join the AST, and travel back in time 5 years later and fire Metatron. Thus, the threat that Shido saves them from should never appear.
Perhaps the Origami that fires Metatron at her parents, and the Shido that pushes them out of the way, are simply foreign to the timeline in which it occurs?
...yeah time travel just doesn't make perfect sense. >.<

Aside, in both timelines, the Phantom has witnessed that Origami has the skill to wield Metatron.

Seems to be an art error in episode 7 where the inverted Origami is shown with long hair under her veil for one shot, but it's short for all the other shots in the same scene.

I believe that exceeds Kotori's regeneration ability. Walking into Yoshino'd ice storm was dangerous because he'd keep taking damage, never getting a chance to heal. Sounds like regenerative health in games, where you need to stop taking damage for it to work.

People are forgetting there was more then one shido in that time period . It just his future self that disappeared
Hm... But the Shido that wakes up in his bed thinks he's still connected to Kurumi. I thought Metatron would have blown those memories away. ...unless Yod Bet decided to quit just before the moment of impact, sending him back to the present of the alternate timeline in which Origami's parents survive, and merging with or replacing the Shido who was with Kotori at the time of the fire.

I'm also not seeing how Shido returning to the present opened up the opportunity to do things over with the younger Kurumi's Yod Bet. That opportunity should have been there already since Kurumi knew where she was on the day of the fire. ...maybe we find out more next episode... or maybe I'll read volumes 10 and 11.
TakataMar 9, 2019 2:21 AM
Mar 9, 2019 2:23 AM

Jul 2014
So it seems like he's been allowed to change the timeline, but surely that isn't actually the case? The impacts would be way too far-reaching, so there must be something more going on here. And as for Phantom... it's interesting that we now know what she looks like (or what she chooses to look like as a disguise, rather), and boy does she look and sound very familiar. I'm not quite sure where, but I'm positive she's been somewhere in this show before this arc.
AtavisticMar 9, 2019 2:29 AM
Mar 9, 2019 3:28 AM

Sep 2011
I may be a bit biased here but I love this episode because of time travel stuff and tons of Kurumi time + younger Kurumi for the win!

Still, I want to know how all the Spirits get those Spirit abilities from the phantom.

Mar 9, 2019 4:27 AM

Jan 2018
Atavistic said:
So it seems like he's been allowed to change the timeline, but surely that isn't actually the case? The impacts would be way too far-reaching, so there must be something more going on here. And as for Phantom... it's interesting that we now know what she looks like (or what she chooses to look like as a disguise, rather), and boy does she look and sound very familiar. I'm not quite sure where, but I'm positive she's been somewhere in this show before this arc.

Oh, not in this season but the phantom has appeared in all the previous seasons and movie too and not just some minor character but as a supporting character.
Mar 9, 2019 4:28 AM

Jan 2018
Tennouji said:
I may be a bit biased here but I love this episode because of time travel stuff and tons of Kurumi time + younger Kurumi for the win!

Still, I want to know how all the Spirits get those Spirit abilities from the phantom.

Well, I guess u should re-watch how Origami became a spirit maybe that will give u some hint.
Mar 9, 2019 4:34 AM
Jan 2018
_MushiRock11_ said:
Mattinator95 said:

But I'm unsure about that part if it was always going to Happen or not as it looked like a new event . The only thing that hasn't come together is the shido that talked to kurumi when shido was in the past . And if kurumi knew shido since the beginning or not

i edited my post before i noticed you replied. i added that confronting phantom created a new timeline too . And shido meeting past kurumi also changed the timeline as well
Mar 9, 2019 4:48 AM
Jan 2018
Takata said:
Mattinator95 said:

Hm... But the Shido that wakes up in his bed thinks he's still connected to Kurumi. I thought Metatron would have blown those memories away. ...unless Yod Bet decided to quit just before the moment of impact, sending him back to the present of the alternate timeline in which Origami's parents survive, and merging with or replacing the Shido who was with Kotori at the time of the fire.

I'm also not seeing how Shido returning to the present opened up the opportunity to do things over with the younger Kurumi's Yod Bet. That opportunity should have been there already since Kurumi knew where she was on the day of the fire. ...maybe we find out more next episode... or maybe I'll read volumes 10 and 11.

<.unless Yod Bet decided to quit just before the moment of impact

most likely or as he changed the timeline he vanished as it created the new timeline so essentially he never had to go back and save them because origami wouldn't have become a spirit and travel back to the past which caused the incident in the first place , and the version we know just replaced the other shido as time correcting itself something like that ,

that where it gets confusing ive seen many tv shows and movies where the same thing happens where one version changes something , but keeps there memory of the previous timeline as that version replaces the new version in the now new timeline , but have trouble trying to explain it into words

<I'm also not seeing how Shido returning to the present opened up the opportunity to do things over with the younger Kurumi's Yod Bet.

he didn't return to the present to use younger kurumi Yod bet he was in the past still. another version of shido went to Kurumi in the present timeline to tell her something which lead future kurumi to tell future shido who went to the past where to find her dont think she told him what the version of himself said to her.

<Kurumi knew where she was on the day of the fire.

she may of knew where she was on that day dosn't mean she knew what caused it . she didnt know origami is the one that did it and didn't know what caused her to go inverse
Mattinator95Mar 9, 2019 4:59 AM
Mar 9, 2019 5:24 AM

Aug 2014
what a great fucking episode. this is probably the best episode in the anime so far. Can't wait for next week.
"Even if it has good reviews, if I don't like it then it is shit"

-Some random anime character
Mar 9, 2019 5:25 AM

Aug 2014
mat619 said:
uninstallthegame said:

also, your bets on who the Phantom might be?

i won't tell you who she is but here's a hint

can you at least say if it will be known who that phantom is in this season or not?

Mar 9, 2019 5:45 AM

Jan 2018
Mezo-RPWPA said:
mat619 said:

i won't tell you who she is but here's a hint

can you at least say if it will be known who that phantom is in this season or not?

Nah man because Phantom identity was revealed in vol 17 and this is going to end at vol 11.
Mar 9, 2019 5:46 AM

Aug 2014
Congintive said:
Mezo-RPWPA said:

Nah man because Phantom identity was revealed in vol 17 and this is going to end at vol 11.

kinda sad tbh. thanks for letting me know anyway
on a side note though. is the LN complete or is it still ongoing?

Mar 9, 2019 6:42 AM

Jan 2018
Mezo-RPWPA said:
Congintive said:

Only 19 vol are released so far and vol 20 is going to release in a couple of months now and the way how it's going I think that vol 20 is going to be the last or at least maybe vol 21 but it's going to end soon.
Mar 9, 2019 7:31 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Mattinator95 said:
_MushiRock11_ said:

i edited my post before i noticed you replied. i added that confronting phantom created a new timeline too . And shido meeting past kurumi also changed the timeline as well

Oh right, that actually makes things a little more confusing to be frankly honest lol but thanks for taking your time clarifying nevertheless!

Mar 9, 2019 7:51 AM

Aug 2014
anyone knows the name of the OST that started playing when MC saw the younger girl talking to the older version of her at the beginning of the episode?

Mar 9, 2019 7:55 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Got some serious time paradoxes in the works here lol
Mar 9, 2019 8:28 AM

May 2012
Good episode

I wonder who is that mysterious girl that know him ?! 1st time I see her
Mar 9, 2019 8:34 AM
Nov 2015
thepath said:
Good episode

What do you mean? She appeared in episode 7 and 8 too. It's not the first time you see her if you've watched those episodes.
Mar 9, 2019 9:31 AM

May 2012
JonasDown said:
thepath said:
Good episode

What do you mean? She appeared in episode 7 and 8 too. It's not the first time you see her if you've watched those episodes.

Are you talking about this girl ?!
https://screenshotscdn.firefoxusercontent.com/images/1908ab12-1f8e-4387-b6ab-b1e543c2d37d.png

I meant that this is the 1st time we see her face. I don't remember seeing her face in any other episode
Mar 9, 2019 9:58 AM
Aug 2017
Congintive said:
Mattinator95 said:

Her goal was to seek shido out and consume him due to having spirit powers and use 12th bullet on her to travel back 30 year's to the past to kill the First spirit

Dude that's spoilers at least put spoilers around that.
it's not spoilers, she stated that in the first seasons, though not openly said it
Mar 9, 2019 10:19 AM
Nov 2015
thepath said:
JonasDown said:

Are you talking about this girl ?!
https://screenshotscdn.firefoxusercontent.com/images/1908ab12-1f8e-4387-b6ab-b1e543c2d37d.png

I meant that this is the 1st time we see her face. I don't remember seeing her face in any other episode

I could go into detail and explain some things but since you don't know about this character then I'll keep my mouth shut. Going from what we saw in this episode, yes, that'd be the "first" time you see this girl. Phantom is only using a fake appareance to talk to Shidou. Though you've actually seen Phantom briefly before in season 1, mentioned in season 2 and in episodes 7, 8 and 9 of this season.
FhpZodMar 9, 2019 10:31 AM
Mar 9, 2019 12:27 PM

Sep 2011
Congintive said:

Well, I guess u should re-watch how Origami became a spirit maybe that will give u some hint.

That's not what I meant.

Mar 9, 2019 1:37 PM

Nov 2014
This is getting really interesting. But when I think we probably will never see the rest of novel adapted...
Mar 9, 2019 3:42 PM

Mar 2014
Terkhev said:
This is getting really interesting. But when I think we probably will never see the rest of novel adapted...

4 years beween s2 and s3...and it came with very low budget...yeah, probably is better to see the LN, and lose all hope of animation...because it woulld need a season 5 to do all the plot.
FGO NA Code: 482.072.599

(F2P thug life of savings...)

Ben-to! best nonsensical action anime. Ever.
Mar 9, 2019 7:33 PM

Jan 2018
Tennouji said:
Congintive said:

That's not what I meant.

Well, I can give u a detailed explanation but I guess that will be spoilers then if ur okay with that.
Mar 9, 2019 9:36 PM

Aug 2010
Chuuni Kurumi needs more screentime :)
Mar 9, 2019 9:49 PM

Mar 2016
To anyone here who may not be familiar with the DAL visual novel games.......

That form that Phantom took when confronted by Shidou....is none than other than Rinne Sonogami, a primary heroine of the VN series of the franchise.

Like with Mayuri’s situation, Rinne never had an original physical vessel to begin with; in short, she’s not human. Her story in the VN series is not confirmed as canon, but the fact that Phantom’s appearance as her in the canonicity of the story can’t be played off as coincidental. As of right now, the light novel series is still ongoing, so there’s still a good chance that the two stories may definitively connect at some point in some way.
Mar 9, 2019 11:06 PM
Feb 2019
It's the best episode for the season for me. So many surprises! From the start, I always expect what will Shido do to save the future, but it's not so simple. In the end, Shido pushes Origami's parents out from the shots. But, I have no idea what happen then. Kurumi is really on the spotlight. I can't wait for the next week.
Mar 10, 2019 12:27 AM
Feb 2019
Woow! i cant believe whats been unraveled these past few episodes. Origami traveled back in time to hunt and kill the phantom that killed her parents and after finding and engaging the alleged spirit she realized that she herself was the one that killed her parents because of her recklessness. That scene when (past) origami was looking up at the sky declaring she will get revenge at her future self and how future origami was broken to discover the cause of her parents death was her had me shocked. Then when Shido failed and Kurumi was approached by a future shido who told her how to save origami and after having a second try shido jumped in and pushed origami's parents out of the way sacrificing himself had me wondering if shido broke the Loop and a new reality was created. Also interesting that the phantom spirit new shido and expressed that the next time they encounter she wouln't let him go. Still cant wait to see the whole story about what happened to shido's parents, is Mana his sister, why did Kotori become a spirit, and why was she and the phantom spirit next to shido during this whole event? Still so much to learn. Will most definitely pick up source material so no spoilers PLZ!!
Mar 10, 2019 1:40 AM

Feb 2018
Kurumi five years ago was also very beautiful. In the end it seemed that Shidou saved Origami's parents but was it successful?
Mar 10, 2019 1:44 AM

Jun 2016
EL PSY CONGROO !

the creator is fan of steins gate i guarantee

Mar 10, 2019 3:42 AM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
This was probably the best episode yet, sure this is better in the LN, and the studio isnt giving it proper justice, but still, it is nice to finally see this getting animated AND seeing Origami's roots, what happened on this episode is the reason for her personality since S1, why she always clinged to Shido like that, cuz she meet in the past like this, why she hates angels so much.
I m surprised Kurumi is being able to fake it, because her goal is also to get Phantom done, but she has realized she has to wait for the right time to strike...

Volume 10 ends, and now we are onto volume 11, which aside a less well executed ending, has some really strong STRONG scenes too, cant wait to see more of Origami Devil~~

uninstallthegame said:
Congintive said:

Wanna know? but that's the biggest spoiler of DAL and that character is going to play a very very big role in the future.

well, shit. i'm kinda thrilled to spoil myself by searching it up, but i guess it'd be better for me to just patiently wait the big reveal

Well, I actually spoiled that for myself, partly before really reading the LN, I didnt know the full spoiler itself, just knew Phantom true appearence and name, didnt know WHO that was really still...

This is all revealed around 18, whereas this episode just finished adaptating the last part of volume 10.

The whole mystery surrounding Phantom concerns Kurumi, and her big arc has still to come, much like Origami is finally getting her arcs adapted, 10-11 that explain her character and her past, Kurumi's real arc is yet to come, and will probably never be adapted (we would need DAL IV and V for that), and right after her arc comes the whole Phantom arc, where the core of the series will be explained, and alot of things people previously though DAL is an harem so this and that look silly and there is no explanation to this, will get themselves done, since DAL does explain it all, brilliantly, and it is all tied to Kurumi and Phantom.

If you want to know but want to experience it naturally, read the LN, the latter arcs are the best of the series, whereas with this one, you are already seeing the plot can go quite a few places.

anodasin said:
It's the best episode for the season for me. So many surprises! From the start, I always expect what will Shido do to save the future, but it's not so simple. In the end, Shido pushes Origami's parents out from the shots. But, I have no idea what happen then. Kurumi is really on the spotlight. I can't wait for the next week.

It is not that simple, we are only at the mid point of her arc, nothing was resolved yet, this was not enough.

JakkoFourEyes said:
As soon as they introduced Kurumi again this series got miles better.

Not gonna lie, the best arcs of the series are tied down to Kurumi, but even reading this far, I was still not into Kurumi ship... her true arc later on is even better than this, and by that point, you cant no longer deny her greatness as a character.

Not always because of her, but the writter really delivers the upmost of his writting, with her around, since she is a break from the norm.
All said Mia and Mukuro arcs were also great AND there was no Kurumi on them...
PlaycoolMar 10, 2019 3:54 AM
Mar 10, 2019 5:44 AM
Sep 2015
Playcool said:

Volume 10 ends, and now we are onto volume 11, which aside a less well executed ending, has some really strong STRONG scenes too, cant wait to see more of Origami Devil~~

This is all revealed around 18, whereas this episode just finished adaptating the last part of volume 10.

Well, that's not true. Volume 10 adaptation ended at the end of episode 8. This 9th episode adapt the first 2 chapters of volume 11. So 3 chapters remaining for 3 épisodes.
Mar 10, 2019 8:04 AM

Jul 2017
NO!! Don't leave me with that cliffhanger!

No doubts, the best episode yet. So, what really happened at the end?? Gahhhh i really wanna know how everything turned out. But i'm really hoping that Shido managed to change the past somehow. But Phantom... hmmm, now i'm really curious about her, can't wait to know more about her and also her real intentions in all of this matter, that dialogue with Shido just left me with a touch of mystery in the air. Absolutely loved the teamwork between Shido and Kurumi, these 2 are a perfect pair. Can't wait for the next episode!

PS: LOLI KURUMI OMFG I'M IN HEAVEN.
Mar 10, 2019 8:47 AM
Aug 2018
Mezo-RPWPA said:
Congintive said:

Not yet done, vol 20 comes out March 20.
Mar 10, 2019 9:32 AM
Nov 2018
AmaneCrimson said:
Topu_Rayhan said:
Very interesting episode. I have a feeling Phantom(Glitchy Spirit, the one Origami was fighting in the past) could be Natsumi. Assuming from the cover of the anime and the figure of Phantom in episode 8.

Natsumi did nothing wrong.

You thought it was Natsumi?! It was her, Mi...! M-M-M-M-M-M...!!!

MATHERS
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Damn it dude ! You're are suppose to hide spoilers. It does look like Ellen/Mira, but if you say Ellen is Phantom which she could be. But think about it Phantom did show some affection towards Shido whereas the future Ellen doesn't show any mercy above all Westcott said in previous season/episodes during Tohka's inversion, That woman has planned so much ahead. If Westcott knows who Phantom is, and why would Westcott keep Ellen as his partner. In addition, Ellen doesn't think twice to kill a Spirit. Therefore Ellen might not be Phantom. It could be either Murasame Reine or Natsumi. Natsumi's chances are high as Phantom's height is similar to Natsumi also the appearance. Also looking at the covers of season 3, gives a clue for me to accuse Natsumi as Phantom.

https://goo.gl/images/HFXTYz
https://goo.gl/images/YkMffd
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Date A Live Ⅲ Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 22, 2019

115 by bilaldygn »»
May 23, 9:44 AM

Poll: » Date A Live Ⅲ Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jan 7, 2019

199 by MinaseNagi »»
Apr 23, 5:19 AM

Poll: » Female (only) anime viewers Reviews on Tokisaki Kurumi.

Zark_42 - Apr 20

0 by Zark_42 »»
Apr 20, 2:22 PM

Poll: » Date A Live Ⅲ Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 22, 2019

118 by -DxP- »»
Apr 6, 1:45 PM

» who

Remoerus - Oct 29, 2021

16 by Youre_boyIruma »»
Feb 28, 4:50 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.