Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Date A Live (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Mar 15, 2019 5:52 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Heh, no wonder almost everyone doesn't remember who Origami is in their current world.

I find it really hard to get used to Origami's personality this episode compared to the one from the main timeline world. That long hair too! She and Shidou's character interaction is so different with her change. Physically, I think Origami's Inverse Form is badass.

Kurumi's teasing is back again lol
Stark700Mar 15, 2019 7:01 AM
Mar 15, 2019 7:29 AM

Jun 2012
I really liked this Origami with her longer hair, but sadly.........

Anyway, its an OK episode, while its fun to see the fan-services still have a place, the looming despair is still there so, definitely OK for me. Oh and that transformation of Kurumi and Origami when they equipped their Astral dresses were pretty cool.
Mar 15, 2019 7:45 AM
Jan 2018
Huh . So it's a fixed point in time no matter what happens her parents will still die ( sooner then expected)
Mar 15, 2019 8:19 AM

Apr 2013
This Origami is so adorable

Origami can't have a happy life with her parents T T
Getting to see not just Kurumi but also Origami changing into spirit form, awesome episode, also Origami changing into Inverse form is hot

Even after changing the past, Inverse Origami is just as dangerous with her other personality for her Spirit form attacking whoever is in sight, like Shido. Atleast her dark personality only takes control when another Spirit is arround
DelusionalUzumeMar 15, 2019 8:38 AM
just because I’ve gotten weaker, doesn’t mean that you got stronger, does it?
Mar 15, 2019 8:23 AM
May 2009
This is nuts :( i wonder how i would cope seeing an entirely different world after a time travel adventure :(
Mar 15, 2019 8:34 AM

Jul 2014
Bloody hell, this new timeline Origami is so fcking adorable.
Was not expecting her parents to bite the dust that fast... merely prolonging the inevitable.
At least the staff put some effort in Origami and Kurumi's astral transformations, and that prev... more long hair Origami!
Mar 15, 2019 9:32 AM

Mar 2017
Ugh if my memory serves me right, this or maybe next episode will be the last appearance of Kurumi in this arc, nooooooo I'mma please myself with the encore OVA right now.

EDIT: wait, that doesn't sound appropriate.
Mar 15, 2019 10:05 AM
Jan 2017
Another amazing episode! Date A Live knocks it out of the park with Shido's interactions with the new Origami, as well as his integration with the new world he created. This might be Origami's story arc but Shido never really steps out of the spotlight. I guess it would be accurate to say that this current string of episodes are the story of Origami told from Shido's perspective. That's not necessarily a bad thing, considering Shido is the show's proverbial everyman.

Misuzu Togashi deserves major props for her performance as the new Origami. This season has been the character development Origami needed and deserved since the show's beginning and given the way things have been going, it will only get better. According to some episode, despite the things Shido did in the past, some things played in the same way as the original timeline, changing some things about Origami, yet still keeping them in a recognizable state.

Date A Live III continues to define excellence within the harem genre, by getting viewers to care about the protagonist and the supporting cast. Next week's episode will continue Shido's exploration on the new timeline and deliver a date with the new Origami. Date A Live is definitely the best show on this season!
Mar 15, 2019 11:01 AM

Jul 2014
Considering how so little has changed in this world compared to the original, this was... frustrating. It honestly felt kinda aimless until right at the end, where we get the revelation that Origami's spirit mode is now involuntary for whatever reason.
Mar 15, 2019 11:27 AM

Mar 2019
new origame look so cuuuteee... can we keep?? xD
funny stuffs in beginning. LOLOL harem king SHido-kun
new angel 'satan' for tobichi? i think old one not 'satan'?
very very good episode, look next episode like date <3 :o
long haire origame FTWW 9.9/10 :)
Mar 15, 2019 11:37 AM

Jul 2014
OMG my heart! Wait a minute, I don't remember them having such bodies...

Maybe it's Natsumi's doing. Yeah, it was Natsumi's doing.

Lucky landing!

Long haired Origami is very cute but I am so used to her perverted kuudere self that I felt her strange, like she didn't really feel like Origami to me xD

The transformations were great and of course, Kurumi is the fucking best!

Another week of painful wait.
Mar 15, 2019 11:39 AM

Nov 2014
I hope he "fixes" Origami soon. I don't really care about her if she isn't creepy kuudere stalker.

And she looked better in short hair. Here, I said it.
Mar 15, 2019 12:45 PM

Jun 2017
So all this time travel didn't amount to much because fate killed the parents anyway.

Also is this just me or Kotori was heavily off model? She looked like a loli, around the same height as Yoshino lol. It even made me wonder what the heck kind of timeline is this at first since Shido was tall as heck.

Not that I am complaining lmao, that was nice unintended fanservice I guess.

Terkhev said:
I hope he "fixes" Origami soon. I don't really care about her if she isn't creepy kuudere stalker.

I'd prefer her with long hair AND being a kuudere stalker hm.
Mar 15, 2019 12:48 PM

Jan 2014
Origami looks a lot better with her shorter hair

I'm legit about to read ahead in the light novels, cause I can't wait X__X
Mar 15, 2019 12:54 PM

Feb 2015
Terkhev said:

Absolutely wrong, she looks OKed miles better with longer hair. Longer hair always wins.
Mar 15, 2019 1:39 PM

May 2018
Wtf, Shido jaz saved Orgami parent in the past so why is Origami still has that spirit powers in her as Devil, when she wasn't suppose to have a issue??????

So, is Kurumi dead or jaz in some Yud kind of thing????/
Mar 15, 2019 1:42 PM
Jan 2016
Amazing episode!

So they are in a diferent timeline and only Shido and Kurumi remember about Origami!

That Origami's version is so cute and adorable, but of course its kinda sad cause their last personality were just awesome!

So Origami's parent still died and she still have the hate for spirits because a sipirit killed Shido, i wonder why shi still have the inverse for than!

Origami's intense for is just too much perfect!
Mar 15, 2019 1:47 PM

Jun 2017
I think I prefer Origami as a kuudere with short hair

Kurumi and Origami's transformation were pretty dope

Another world, another girl
I guess Shido is now officially an isekai harem protagonist
Mar 15, 2019 3:07 PM

Jan 2008
Either I'm really just not paying attention or the show really hasn't bothered to establish any kind of rules when it comes to time traveling. How does getting vaporized equal being teleported into the future of the changed timeline? The 'him' there should have died.
Mar 15, 2019 3:54 PM

Apr 2015
So the world has changed but not quite the way they wanted it to be. Only Itsuka and Kurumi remembers what had happened before that, but the "new world" seemed to hold some mysteries for Itsuka.

Those tranformations were pretty dope!
Mar 15, 2019 3:57 PM
Nov 2015
Paul said:
Either I'm really just not paying attention or the show really hasn't bothered to establish any kind of rules when it comes to time traveling. How does getting vaporized equal being teleported into the future of the changed timeline? The 'him' there should have died.

You're not paying attention. The him that died was the one from timeline A, the Shidou who travelled to the past in order to save Origami. But, becuase he saved Origami's parents a new timeline was created, one where Origami didn't swear revenge on herself thus, Origami never travels in time nor does Shidou. So when he "died", he woke up in the body of Shidou from timeline B. Also, this is something the anime doesn't go into detail but since Shidou and the Spirits are special, they're able to transcend time. A good comparision would be that of Okabe Rintarou from Steins Gate, who can keep his memories with Reading Steiner, the same happens with Shidou and the Spirits, though the Spirits need a trigger to regain their memories from timeline A. Kurumi is the exception since her powers are time-related.
FhpZodMar 15, 2019 4:01 PM
Mar 15, 2019 4:26 PM

Jul 2014
The long-hair origami is bae.....! <3
Mar 15, 2019 4:34 PM

Jan 2008
JonasDown said:
Paul said:

You're not paying attention. The him that died was the one from timeline A, the Shidou who travelled to the past in order to save Origami. But, becuase he saved Origami's parents a new timeline was created, one where Origami didn't swear revenge on herself thus, Origami never travels in time nor does Shidou. So when he "died", he woke up in the body of Shidou from timeline B. Also, this is something the anime doesn't go into detail but since Shidou and the Spirits are special, they're able to transcend time. A good comparision would be that of Okabe Rintarou from Steins Gate, who can keep his memories with Reading Steiner, the same happens with Shidou and the Spirits, though the Spirits need a trigger to regain their memories from timeline A. Kurumi is the exception since her powers are time-related.

Seems more like it's the show, as you yourself stated the anime doesn't go into detail about something rather important, the bolded.

As for the S;G comparison, assuming we're talking about the first S;G, haven't bothered with the other, Okabe kept his memories because it was same 'him', the same body/person, constantly time traveling repeatedly, so of course he'd keep his memories. It's timeline A Okabe going through timeline B-Z.etc. That's not the case in Date A Live. Timeline A Shidou died. There should be no reason for timeline B Shidou to gain memories of dead Shidou but it seems the most important detail, the above bold, was left out of the anime unless I overlooked them saying that they transcend time in the past episode(s). If this really is the case, it makes it sounds like the rest of the girls in timeline B are going to magically remember everything from timeline A without even having to go back in time again.

Overall, it really just feels like a sloppy use of time travel because no rules were established.
Mar 15, 2019 5:00 PM
Nov 2015
Paul said:
JonasDown said:

Seems more like it's the show, as you yourself stated the anime doesn't go into detail about something rather important, the bolded.

As for the S;G comparison, assuming we're talking about the first S;G, haven't bothered with the other, Okabe kept his memories because it was same 'him', the same body/person, constantly time traveling repeatedly, so of course he'd keep his memories. It's timeline A Okabe going through timeline B-Z.etc. That's not the case in Date A Live. Timeline A Shidou died. There should be no reason for timeline B Shidou to gain memories of dead Shidou but it seems the most important detail, the above bold, was left out of the anime unless I overlooked them saying that they transcend time in the past episode(s). If this really is the case, it makes it sounds like the rest of the girls in timeline B are going to magically remember everything from timeline A without even having to go back in time again.

Overall, it really just feels like a sloppy use of time travel because no rules were established.

Honestly, I could explain to you all this but I'd rather keep it to myself. The series just used the minimal knowledge on time travel to keep the plot going so it comes off as sloopy, so I'd tell you to take your mind off the time travel part. The point I made about how Shidou woke up in his other self from timeline B makes sense so let's just go with that.

About how Shidou and the Spirits are the only ones that can keep their memories, that's becuase of something that was explained back in season 1. Remember when Reine explained to Shidou that, once he seals a Spirit, a "path" is created between Shidou and that Spirit in specific? Well, that's kind of like a "bond" between them so it keeps Shidou and that Spirit invisibly held together. So if Shidou jumps to another timeline, the "bond" of Shidou with the Spirits will make them follow him suit.

Also, remember how Kotori and Shidou had their memories sealed by Phantom to prevent them from knowing who transformed Kotori into a Spirit? When Shidou re-seals Kotori, it breaks the seal on their memories and both are able to regain their memories. The same will happen this time with the other Spirits when they remember Origami from timeline A.

All of this is something you should know about for you to understand the whole concept but the anime will most likely ignore all that.
FhpZodMar 15, 2019 5:05 PM
Mar 15, 2019 5:31 PM

Jan 2008
JonasDown said:
Paul said:

Honestly, I could explain to you all this but I'd rather keep it to myself. The series just used the minimal knowledge on time travel to keep the plot going so it comes off as sloopy, so I'd tell you to take your mind off the time travel part. The point I made about how Shidou woke up in his other self from timeline B makes sense so let's just go with that.

About how Shidou and the Spirits are the only ones that can keep their memories, that's becuase of something that was explained back in season 1. Remember when Reine explained to Shidou that, once he seals a Spirit, a "path" is created between Shidou and that Spirit in specific? Well, that's kind of like a "bond" between them so it keeps Shidou and that Spirit invisibly held together. So if Shidou jumps to another timeline, the "bond" of Shidou with the Spirits will make them follow him suit.

Also, remember how Kotori and Shidou had their memories sealed by Phantom to prevent them from knowing who transformed Kotori into a Spirit? When Shidou re-seals Kotori, it breaks the seal on their memories and both are able to regain their memories. The same will happen this time with the other Spirits when they remember Origami from timeline A.

All of this is something you should know about for you to understand the whole concept but the anime will most likely ignore all that.

I probably wouldn't have questioned much about this stuff but with how this arc is trying to be more serious, at least compared to previous arcs, I can't help but watch it with a more serious mindset.

Its been pretty long since season 1. I honestly only remembered that so called 'bond', when Shidou used some of the girls powers in a previous episode. IMO this stuff would have been far more acceptable if Shidou at least sealed/had some of Kurumi's powers, if that ever happens.

Regardless, thank you for the refresher.

Mar 15, 2019 5:43 PM
Nov 2015
Paul said:
JonasDown said:

I probably wouldn't have questioned much about this stuff but with how this arc is trying to be more serious, at least compared to previous arcs, I can't help but watch it with a more serious mindset.

Its been pretty long since season 1. I honestly only remembered that so called 'bond', when Shidou used some of the girls powers in a previous episode. IMO this stuff would have been far more acceptable if Shidou at least sealed/had some of Kurumi's powers, if that ever happens.

Regardless, thank you for the refresher.

Date A Live is one of those series that tries to break the status quo. The later arcs get even more intense but that's something unrelated to this.
Mar 15, 2019 6:23 PM
Aug 2016
I must admit even though i disliked her character but Origami's spirit form design is the best for me

her normal astral armor resembles wedding gown which represent hapiness
and her invert form resembles mourning dress which represent sadness
Mar 15, 2019 7:15 PM

Nov 2017
BlueIsLove said:
I'mma please myself with the encore OVA right now.

EDIT: wait, that doesn't sound appropriate.

It might not sound appropriate,but it is sooooooo on the mark :)

Anyways,hopefully there'll be an OVA or something,and if there is,should be all about Kurumi,then you can make more appropriate comments.
Hell why not,I will :)
StarhammerMar 15, 2019 7:19 PM
Mar 15, 2019 7:47 PM

Sep 2010
So Shidou is Yuuki Rito in this timeline?

Hm... difficult to imagine how you could rewrite every event in Date A Live until now with Origami still joining the AST, still fighting the spirits, and every spirit still sealed as before, but with Origami not meeting Shidou through any of that. To start off with, you'd have to rewrite the scene in which Shidou first meets Tohka, and cut Origami out of it (bearing in mind that "Tohka" is written as "April 10th", so it needs to happen on the same day). I won't say it's impossible though. Come to think of it, it's a bit like that d-mail in Steins;Gate which made a massive change, but didn't stop the characters from meeting each other in the altered timeline.

Having her parents around for another year seems to have left Origami much less vengeful... She says her goal was to protect people from the spirits. In the 1st timeline, her goal was to kill the spirit of flames, and any others.

I'm wondering now if there's another time loop that involves Angel Origami travelling back in time to save the one who saved her parents, only to find out it was her who fired the killing shot... but since it didn't kill her parents, it leaves her with enough of her mind left to continue her original mission to kill the spirits, before killing herself off.

Maybe this is the point at which I stop thinking too hard about the timeline and just wait to see how it turns out.
TakataMar 15, 2019 9:06 PM
Mar 15, 2019 8:09 PM
Nov 2017
I think they're taking the plot a bit too far, Dragon Ball style. From a harmless ecchi battle girl show to time travel and a "heavy" plot that doesnt suit the show at all.
Mar 15, 2019 10:41 PM

Jul 2017
I am very concerned about the story's pacing for this arc now, now that Shido changed the course of history by saving Origami's parents, AND yet another "new" long-haired Origami shows up.

And the Origami from the new timeline, Shido knows everything, but how the production staff aims to deal with this dilemma, I certainly have no idea. What I do know is how Shido aims to distinguish Origami's old and new forms, with aid from Kurumi of coz.

THAT transformation into Devil was quite unexpected (although obvious to tell). What would Shido aim to do now?

The fanservice was livid, and not quite a freshener, but a breather nonetheless.
KANLen09Mar 15, 2019 10:45 PM
Mar 16, 2019 1:48 AM
Jan 2018
I got to into talking about time travel last episode forum turns out it was pretty pointless as her parents died a year later anyway
Mar 16, 2019 3:11 AM
Jan 2013
Date a live's answer to kaminomi's time travel arc was awesome.They did it better simply by not making origami a fool.And by not having a "Chihiro."

I look forward to the end.

Mar 16, 2019 3:22 AM
Oct 2018
Shy+long hair, new origami is perfect. Before long haired origami appeared, i feel tasteless with the anime because they can't make the art as good as before. But this origami is exception. Now i have more interest in this season 3 😀
Mar 16, 2019 5:18 AM
Mar 2017
In this episode somehow i miss Miku

Natsumi was damn adorable!

Long haired Origami as cute Dandere is better than the normal Origami.

and Kurumi.. Well, Shido should marry her as soon as possible
Mar 16, 2019 12:34 PM
Jan 2018
It seems the two timelines merged or the new timeline auto corrected it self to run parellel with the old one with Minor changes
Mar 16, 2019 1:24 PM
Sep 2015
From the DAL discord server:

About time travel in DAL

"Shidou went to the past to stop Origami
He fails and save Past Origami from being crushed by her house
There, Past Origami wails in his arms and swore to never feel happiness or sadness again, but will keep her anger (which made her into the Origami we always knew)

Kurumi, meanwhile, met a Future Shidou, coming from their actual timeline, where he failed his mission
Knowing the answer, Shidou went back in the Past a second time with the help of Eyepatch Kurumi
There, he saved Origami's parents by pushing them outside of the beam way, as Past Origami see Shidou being (supposedly) obliterated

Because of this massive change, a new timeline was created, and Shidou woke up in it, never knowing if Kurumi's power could prevent death or if the time of the effect had just run out. Now Origami (from the new timeline) had happy memories with her parents and has no revenge going on"
Mar 16, 2019 1:55 PM

Mar 2014
GarfieldJ said:
new origame look so cuuuteee... can we keep?? xD
funny stuffs in beginning. LOLOL harem king SHido-kun
new angel 'satan' for tobichi? i think old one not 'satan'?
very very good episode, look next episode like date <3 :o
long haire origame FTWW 9.9/10 :)

The old one is Metatron.
Inverse Tohka has Nahemah instead of Sandalphon.
The names of the angels of the spirits, and their reverses, is based on the Sephiroth Tree, and it's reverse.
FGO NA Code: 482.072.599

(F2P thug life of savings...)

Ben-to! best nonsensical action anime. Ever.
Mar 16, 2019 2:07 PM

Apr 2013
everyone press F to pay respects to Shido-kun's non existent brother.
Mar 16, 2019 3:03 PM
Feb 2019
Seeing long-haired Origami. I'm so happy to live in this world.
Mar 16, 2019 8:47 PM

Jul 2017
Hmm.. interesting. So, it seems we have the Steins;Gate formula here. Shido managed to save Origami's parents, but in the timeline he is at the moment, fate converged into the same thing as the original timeline, both her parents still ended up dying and she ended up fighting spirits again because Shido died in front of her while saving her parents (or Shido's older brother lmao that was hilarious xD)... Well, he did alter the past, unfortunately, not completely, fate itself was set in stone already. Man this series really turned up the complexity to 11, really nice!

I'm feeling a Shido/Kurumi team up once again in these final 2 episodes. I'm really eager to see how all of this Devil mess will turn out in the end, i don't even have any hints as to how will things progress from here, i'll just keep the mystery in the air and don't think too much about it and enjoy the rest to the fullest!

PS: Kurumi and those ara ara's.... AHHHHH I HAVE AN EARGASM
Mar 17, 2019 2:32 AM

Jun 2017
Long hair Origami is really moe! I wish she would stay like this longer. Poor her though, her parents still dies in the end.... Must be fate at work.
“What do you do when there is an evil you cannot defeat by just means? Do you stain your hands with evil to destroy evil? Or do you remain steadfastly just and righteous even if it means surrendering to evil?”
― Lelouch Vi Britannia
Mar 17, 2019 3:08 AM
Sep 2018
So, is Kurumi dead or jaz in some Yud kind of thing????/[/quote]
You never paid attention do you. Kurumi have infinite copy of herself she is beyond life and death.
Mar 17, 2019 3:11 AM
Sep 2018
and Kurumi.. Well, Shido should marry her as soon as possible[/quote]
I will kill and for that ship to come true.
Mar 17, 2019 5:44 AM

Apr 2018
Terkhev said:

I completely agree with you
Mar 17, 2019 7:36 AM
Jun 2017
No matter how shido change the history when its FATE to happen, it will.and it showed in this one that amidst he saved Origami's parent, he died (in that era) and her parents died a year after that

And still she became an inverse spirit..

Well lets see how he will deal with it...
Mar 17, 2019 8:54 AM

Nov 2011
Honestly you can like whatever spirit or human, but it won't take away from the FACT that Kurumi is the best character in this anime. Seriously she is freaking incredible! Her theme music is amazing.

I like Long Hair Origami personality but Im not a fan of the long hair overall.

Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Mar 17, 2019 10:12 AM
Nov 2015
SoraSenpai said:
Honestly you can like whatever spirit or human, but it won't take away from the FACT that Kurumi is the best character in this anime. Seriously she is freaking incredible! Her theme music is amazing.

What makes her "the best"? I still don't understand the reasoning behind that claim. Most people don't really know, they just like her for being a pyscho in season 1.
FhpZodMar 17, 2019 10:24 AM
Mar 17, 2019 2:16 PM

Nov 2011
JonasDown said:
SoraSenpai said:

What makes her "the best"? I still don't understand the reasoning behind that claim. Most people don't really know, they just like her for being a pyscho in season 1.

She's just enjoyable to watch. She has no romantic feelings towards Shido, nor does she truly hate him, she really has no issue with the other Spirits, she basically just does her own thing. She has her own music. She's basically the Venom of this anime.
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Mar 17, 2019 6:50 PM

Sep 2010
MomoSinX said:
-snip-
Terkhev said:

I'd prefer her with long hair AND being a kuudere stalker hm.
That'd be interesting to see. I like the kuudere Origami, but seeing her so happy here makes me feel bad for wanting to see her go back to that personality again. Also, it's hard to imagine the long-haired Origami being an AST member, with that personality. It's as if all of her capacity for combat and violence was extracted and concentrated in Devil.

Come to think of it, Shido's upcoming date with Origami seems to be the first one he initiated that was not at the direction of Ratatoskr.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Date A Live Ⅲ Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 8, 2019

137 by Banana1233441 »»
10 hours ago

Poll: » Date A Live Ⅲ Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jan 7, 2019

199 by MinaseNagi »»
Yesterday, 5:19 AM

Poll: » Female (only) anime viewers Reviews on Tokisaki Kurumi.

Zark_42 - Apr 20

0 by Zark_42 »»
Apr 20, 2:22 PM

Poll: » Date A Live Ⅲ Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 22, 2019

118 by -DxP- »»
Apr 6, 1:45 PM

» who

Remoerus - Oct 29, 2021

16 by Youre_boyIruma »»
Feb 28, 4:50 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.