Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
May 28, 2022 11:13 AM

May 2018
Yeah we all know Yuri is not going to let the Forgers actually kiss each other lol
May 28, 2022 11:17 AM

Feb 2021
Bruh Yuri is one terrifying guy and he's after Twilight of all people. He hasn't even told Yor his actual job and neither does he know that his sister's an assassin.

Well, now that we know that Yuri and Yor work for Ostania and Loid/Twilight works for Westalis and his infiltrated Ostania, I wonder what will happen when they find out that they are actual enemies.

Welp Loid has already figured out that Yuri works for the counter-intelligence agency

Well even though Yuri is a bit stuck up, he cares deeply for Yor and it's evident why from the flashbacks.

Oh man, that cliffhanger though. That whole scene had me grinning like smug Anya.

Need that next episode asap!

May 28, 2022 11:22 AM
May 2022
I can imagine the matching profile pictures that will come from this...

May 28, 2022 11:31 AM

Feb 2017
bruh not the cliffhanger cmonnnn

placeholder text
May 28, 2022 11:32 AM
May 2021
Pre_Yum said:
Oh... it's finally time when Yuri, Yor's brother got introduced into the story, and just like them, he's someone who's hiding his true identity. He's secretly a police officer and guess what he's looking out there for Loid. It was funny seeing them acting like a real couple for once with all the couple things being arranged in the house for that purpose.

Anya was funny and adorable as ever. She's also looking forward to meeting her Uncle but she was rarely in this episode. Then, Yuri got drunk and so many funny moments took place. LOL. But, how will they manage to hide their identities when they are right in front of each other. It's gonna be quite a lot of fun. Yuri is a siscon and a yandere. Watch out! Lottie.

Also, KISS!!!

Is he gonna stay with them or come between a few episodes

Jul 2017
bruh imagine seeing a child walking around with a lot of blood in her body like Yor did wtf. So Yor has been into assassins since she was a kid.

What with this Yuri guy I laughed when the narrator said that he lost his reasoning when it came to Yor XD

I'm a bit surprised that Yor and Loid haven't kissed yet for almost a year even tho its some sort of fake marriage.
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Worst possible brother in law for Loid. At least he has a weak point when it comes to his sister
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

May 28, 2022 11:35 AM
Mar 2022
Ahhh that cliffhanger 😂but we all know that Yuri will get jealous and stop that kiss cuz he has a mild sister complex lol
May 28, 2022 11:43 AM
Ero Ojisan

Jun 2019
Loid and Yor's relationship is put to the test when her younger brother Yuri decides to visit. To make matters worse he's a siscon who works for the Secret Police that is tasked with hunting down spies and he's already suspicious of Loid being Twilight. The two of them manged to blow their cover when they awkwardly react to their hands touching each other and now Yuri is asking them to prove it by having them kiss. Putting Yor is an embarrassing position because she's never been kissed before leading to an uneventful spicy cliffhanger.
May 28, 2022 11:50 AM

Oct 2020
Best episode so far.. loved it.
Please watch Sword Art Online Progressive, it's the peak of SAO.
May 28, 2022 11:53 AM
May 2020
yuri as much of a quirky character in the anime as he is in the manga
May 28, 2022 11:54 AM
Jan 2022
I like Yuri so far. Yeah he’s a little frustrating, but he’s not as weird as people kept saying he is. Yeah he cares for his sister, but he doesn’t love her like “that” he is just very over protective.
May 28, 2022 12:00 PM

Dec 2016
Pre_Yum said:
Yuri is a siscon and a yandere. Watch out! Lottie.

Yor is the definition of Yandere, not Yuri. We haven't seen Yuri kill someone, but he can torture.

Red said:
So Yuri is a psychopath with a sister complex? 😂

The right word is a Sociopath, not a Psychopath. A Sociopath is someone who is hot-headed and a Psychopath is cold-hearted. A Psychopath is a manipulator who pretends to be your friend but in reality is the completely the opposite (they care less), and are fearless for the consequences by their actions. A Sociopath is self-centered and will let you know if they like the person or not, and can also act without thinking at how others will be affected and might feel remorse later if something went wrong (it knows what's right or wrong, which is the opposite of a Psychopath). Both Sociopath and Psychopath lack empathy and are skilled actors but it have differences :) Hope this helps at understanding.

[*]My Completed List
[*]♪Listen ►
[/list][/left]
May 28, 2022 12:01 PM

Mar 2022
Now plot thickens :) I liked the dynamic between Yuri and Loid. It reminded me L and Light. It will be fun to watch.
May 28, 2022 12:10 PM
Mar 2022
Bro they can't end it like that wth😭🤬
May 28, 2022 12:11 PM

Dec 2019
Incest obsessed sasuke made his appearance
May 28, 2022 12:14 PM

Nov 2018
This episode ended in a blink of an eye. This anime is so great.

What a way to end the episode as well, they are really doing a great job on the adaptation.

SEIBAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

May 28, 2022 12:27 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
If I’m not mistaken, Yuri is part of the East German secret police, the Stasi, or at least this show’s equivalent, I definitely like that background for Yuri and it fits right in with all the secret identities in this show lol. Yuri was hilarious here too, it got better as he got more drunk lol.

It’s also funny that forgetfulness or being scatterbrained runs in the Briar family it seems, Yor’s reasoning for not telling Yuri about the marriage was hilarious and Loid’s reactions made it even better. And at the end we’re left on a cliffhanger of a hot smooch between Yor and Loid to prove they love each other lol, I think it’s likely Yuri will intervene tho.

And we didn’t get much Anya this time but I think it’s good that she’s given a break, gives the other characters more room to shine and they definitely did here. Also lol at the fact Yor has been an assassin since her childhood and kept coming home covered in blood.
May 28, 2022 12:27 PM

Oct 2018
Ah yes, a siscon asking his sister to kiss her husband in front of him, that will definitively not backfire on his heart lmao. Yuri's reunion with the Forgers was as funny as in the manga, and I dare to say it was slightly funnier in this adaptation. Can't wait for next episode.
Mobages are consuming me alive
May 28, 2022 12:29 PM
Oct 2020
The Funny Brother is Here! Anya Kawaii 💖
May 28, 2022 12:37 PM
Dec 2021
So much hype for the next episode, also Yor and Loid are so cute together, really hoping they'll finally kiss by the end of the series.
May 28, 2022 12:43 PM

Feb 2019
Another episode that betrays the lack of maturity and seriousness that I wish the show had, not to mention is paced just horrendously. Her brother coming over for dinner, getting drunk off of a SIP OF WINE (stupids japanese writers stop this nonsense... well at least he didn't get drunk with soda), and saying "Well, if you're so married, then kiss!" should not be a multiple episode arc, complete with cliffhanger. It hardly even uses that he's a member of the faux-SS. He's just a cartoon drunk with the same maturity level as the tantruming toddlers we just spent two goddamned episodes stuck with.

At least go over the top to some extreme display of affection, or some kind of heist-esque mind gaming with twists and turns along the way, or some profoundly bizarre accusations. This is basically truth or dare for ten year olds, which our supposedly hardened spy and seasoned emotionless assassin are failing at. When was the last time either of these masters of their craft even did anything involving their craft? they could say that now they are space marines and it would not matter (this reminds me that every nekketsu it doesn't matter if the characters are pirates, ninjas or firefighters they always do the same fights, the same boring trainings).
We keep getting reminded that they're totally a spy and assassin and things are oh so serious, so here's a whole arc about HOW SHY they are, why should we care about this couple besides being the ones who take care of a girl who is just a living meme?
If you want to be Get Smart or Inspector Gadget, just skip the goddamned torture scenes.

PS: Attention I do not ask for maturity as if it were a seinen but that at least the show can be taken more seriously than a cheap bored parody, but even naked gun has more seriousness!
May 28, 2022 1:01 PM
Feb 2022
I am so, so happy that I waited for the anime without watching the manga and didn’t get Yuri spoiled. I was on that Anya 10/10 hype, but I thought I’d give it more of a 7.5 overall once that faded - turns out we got a violent cute guy and Loid in an amazing situation so I’m taking that back. The moment Yuri entered with that puppy smile, I knew he would be a little messed up but it was still extremely entertaining to watch - and Yor coming back with blood all over her and him not questioning it even once he’s an adult? Brilliant. Love this guy. Also the worldbuilding is getting an update! Gotta love that political propaganda and secret police shenanigans. Takes me back to when my grandpa died in jail
May 28, 2022 1:05 PM

Jan 2009
the incest brother of Yor is finally here
May 28, 2022 1:06 PM

Sep 2020
Loid knows her brother's actually identity, can't wait for the next episode to see the kiss!
May 28, 2022 1:20 PM

Mar 2010
man dat ending was too good, but yors bro is a creep but at the same time I can see where he is coming from o.o

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
May 28, 2022 1:26 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Oh yes Yuri the ultimate siscon but also a hardcore state security service, and Loid already deducted that he was lying about his job/travel (well like every characters lol)
And now we got that kiss cliffhanger haha, but Yuri is too much of a siscon to ignore the possibility it could really happen...
May 28, 2022 1:31 PM

Jun 2021
Welp, so Yor's brother works for the Ostalis Secret Police, which makes him the nemesis of Twilight.

But worse than that, he's a hopeless siscon, and will be hostile to Loid anyway even if he never finds out about Loid's spy identity.

Though what's even more worrying is Yor already doing assassin gigs even when she was in her teens, and still looking cheerful about it. lol

Shame Anya fell asleep all this time, would be fun to have her read her "uncle's" mind and get even more waku-waku about it.
May 28, 2022 1:32 PM

Mar 2016
Loid using his gigantuous brain to figure out that something was off. Interesting to have a episode that focuses on somebody other than Anya for once.
May 28, 2022 2:05 PM

Aug 2020
I'm such a sucker for fake dating plotlines, including the cliché "kiss to prove you are really dating" thing, so this episode was all sorts of hilarious to me 😂

I figured something was up with Yuri but did NOT expect him to be part of the fantasy equivalent of the Stasi, daamn xD Can't wait for Anya to find out about that.

Actually surprised she is struggling with school, I assumed she would be able to read other student's minds for class answers now, since unlike the entrance exam, all the students that got in ARE actually brilliant.
May 28, 2022 2:07 PM

Jul 2016
Yuri Briar intro episode. And its hilarious. The brother is a secret police which is enemy of the spies like Loid. Its funny to see their interaction. But logic is out when Yuri is when he speaking to his sister Yor. Which is adding to that hilarious dynamic between the three with Loid. Overall great episode

May 28, 2022 2:08 PM
Jun 2019
Another week, another banger of an episode
Episode 8, and we finally get to see Yuri, Yor’s younger brother. The National Security Agency is cracking down on spies. Oh NO!!

Yuri can’t compete with the greatest spy in the West after all

Yuri looks at Yor with the highest rose-tinted glasses I have ever seen.

AYO, He’s calling every single romance anime or manga to ever exist. 95% at most.

Except for the married part of course

Yuri represents every single weeb watching this anime right now.

One word to describe this episode would be irony. More specifically in two words, dramatic irony.
Joey-XD19202May 28, 2022 5:48 PM
Graduated High School in May of 2022. Summer vacation has finally arrived. I have once again regained the power of a new anime fan, being able to watch multiple anime episodes in a day. Time to binge-watch every single anime I can into the night until college arrives. SADGE. SUPER SADGE... College has begun as of Monday, August 30, 2022, so you won't be seeing me much around these parks. See you on weekends, I guess... School me is back. Sigh! I'll at least try for one anime a day with all this course load.
May 28, 2022 2:09 PM
Apr 2016
Softhenic03 said:
Wait, maybe I didn’t notice it earlier but them teaching fractions to a first standard student is a bit too much lol.

Anyways leaving those things aside, we finally had mister Siscon making a proper appearance this time, and bear this thing in mind that this person knows no bounds when it comes to his sister Yor. Also dude your hatred towards Loid is as clear as daylight lol. Still hope we really should’ve gotten that kiss, damn.

Please keep in mind that it is the best school of the country for elite noble children. But yeah, it still seems a bit too much aha
May 28, 2022 2:10 PM

Jan 2021
Clueless Yanndere Brother with a sister complex enters the anime and I'm all for it, he's hilarious and what is that cliffhanger, now I know it definitely won't happen lmao Great episode again though so 8.5 out of 10
May 28, 2022 2:12 PM
Feb 2022
I liked it because the episode shows that Yor's brother works in the secret police and tries to see if Loyd is worthy of his sister then asks the two to kiss
May 28, 2022 2:32 PM

Aug 2019
Yuri is the best and he should be my husband.
Sun_ChanMay 28, 2022 2:36 PM
May 28, 2022 2:35 PM

Oct 2013
PurpleGirl203 said:
Yor is the definition of Yandere

No she isn't. Yandere is someone who is obsessively loves someone. It doesn't require killing but they threaten anyone who hurts the object of their love. Yor kills people for her job not out of some personal grudge. Yuri is probably closer to yandere than Yor is at least when it comes to motivation.
May 28, 2022 3:20 PM

Apr 2019
during the interrogation Yuri looked like Benimaru from Fire force xd
Yuri would be a really interesting character if it weren't for his sister complex. Such exaggeration of some features balances on the border and spoils the character .
May 28, 2022 4:14 PM

May 2016
Ending was stupid honestly.

Even if it is fake marriage, they are adults. I hate the embarasing girl guy trope. It never happens like this.

Also I liked everything but the ending. Also the guy looks like Sasuke especially with the red sharigan eyes
May 28, 2022 4:43 PM
Nov 2019
Seems like Yor and Yuri have quite a bit in common, in that their both excellent at their job, and have 0 brain cells otherwise. It was cool seeing Loid figure out what Yuri is just from that conversation.
May 28, 2022 4:50 PM

May 2013
This thing is so entertaining!!

i freaking loving it!

it may get a place on my most favorites!

Guess Anya will wake up or something like that, it would be very interesting if they actually kiss xD
I guess i just want it to happens!
May 28, 2022 5:00 PM

Aug 2018
Yuri Briar
Yor's brother. Loid will have to be careful with him because the mission could get complicated.
The final scene...we'll see.
Good chapter.

May 28, 2022 5:14 PM

Mar 2013
NgaiTranAnh said:
Lol I love how Loid decided to kiss in less than a second 😂

It's actually a pretty smart lampshade of the 5 minute inner monologues that happen in a lot of action anime, I appreciated that it actually showed how long his thought process took in real time instead of the impression most similar scenes give off, that the rest of the characters just stand still waiting for them to finish thinking to themselves.

Anyway, an Anya-lite episode with her only appearing sparingly this week. I think that's for the best as the other characters still need room to flesh out their stories. It also gives a good insight as to how each country's intelligence units see themselves as maintaining the peace while believing the other country's spies are out to spread chaos and destabilise theirs. It tends to be how it works in reality too, they're fed lies about how the other side operates to breed animosity, although Yuri's tactics are arguably more brutal than Loid's.
Slice of Life Anime about the everyday life of a German Philosopher: Nietzschijou.
May 28, 2022 5:28 PM

Mar 2013
Joey-XD19202 said:
Another week, another banger of an episode
Episode 8, and we finally get to see Yuri, Yor’s younger brother. The National Security Agency is cracking down on spies. Oh NO!!

Yuri can’t compete with the greatest spy in the West after all

Yuri looks at Yor with the highest rose-tinted glasses I have ever seen.

AYO, He’s calling every single romance anime or manga to ever exist. 95% at most.

Except for the marries part of course

Yuri represents every single weeb watching this anime right now.

One word to describe this episode would be irony. More specifically in two words, dramatic irony

Honestly if Loid was a quick enough thinker he could have argued that Yor is worried about appearing too affectionate in front of her brother considering she hadn't told him about the marriage, so their reacton to their hands touching was because they didn't want to be too in Yuri's face with their marriage. It's about as logical as anything else they could have said.
Slice of Life Anime about the everyday life of a German Philosopher: Nietzschijou.
May 28, 2022 5:35 PM

Mar 2015
what is this cliffhanger is it a fucking attack on titan all over again why do this?
Am I a good person? No. But do I try to be better every single day? Also no
May 28, 2022 6:12 PM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
So Summertime Render ends each of their episodes with a freaking good cliffhanger, but THIS one is on a whole other level man.

So the question is, (I'm an anime-only) will they go through with and defy all odds, or get interrupted in typical rom-com fashion? Although if it doesn't happen I won't mind that much actually. It would be nice to save their first kiss for a time where it will be genuine.

On a rather unrelated note, you have to give it to Dance Dance Danseur's latest episode for not blue-balling us, and thus actually subverting the viewers' expectations.

NYANPASU
5700XT

May 28, 2022 6:12 PM

Jul 2019
Spy x Family being absurdly comedic as always. Fucking glorious.

-[ ~♫~ ll Credit ]-
May 28, 2022 6:15 PM

Dec 2020
first graders learning abt fractions damn😭😭 when i was in 1st grade i barely could've gotten 13 - 5 = ? right.

YURIIIIII WOOHOOOOO! flashback with yor "working" and coming home covered with blood with a big bright smile on her face that took me OUTT.

loid and yor's "we're a love love couple!" scene making a joint heart i love them so much whattt😭 i actually dont remember if anya is gonna show up while yuri is still there but i thinkkk she will. thatd be great lol
May 28, 2022 6:47 PM

Oct 2013
Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuck!!!!! That cliffhanger!!!!!
May 28, 2022 6:54 PM

Jul 2021
Liking Yuri so far, he's such an entertaining character... and a siscon.

A great episode, used the first half to introduce Yuri and, personality, relationship with Yor and used the second half to mainly push him into the story.
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Spy x Family Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 25, 2022

491 by colino09 »»
May 18, 7:26 AM

Poll: » Spy x Family Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 16, 2022

442 by AlxiBoua »»
May 5, 9:07 PM

Poll: » Spy x Family Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 11, 2022

321 by Suwawako_ »»
May 3, 4:07 PM

Poll: » Spy x Family Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 30, 2022

402 by Fenc »»
Apr 24, 11:13 AM

Poll: » Spy x Family Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jun 4, 2022

247 by nyxzded »»
Apr 9, 2:42 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.