Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Mar 24, 2022 5:21 PM

May 2018
amagirinomikoto said:
this was the ending???? this???? well i mean its not what i was expecting. ngl, when "god" "killed himself" i had a chuckle. like uhh i mean okay? i kinda feel like we're missing something with nasse, or that her character was never fully explained. like okay she was an organism on earth when og god came down but i feel that that doesnt really explain much?

anyways yeah i can FINALLY talk about the fact that i spoiled for myself that mirai died. i thought he was "dead" in the sense that he became god. but then when nakaumi became god i thought he was gonna kill off the god candidates and then thats when mirai would die. i didnt think EVERYONE was gonna die bc nakaumi destroyed humanity. i dont even think i understand why this happened but thats what google is for ig.

kinda feel upset because its like ohba built this whole thing up and then destroyed it by killing everyone off. i also feel kinda okay with this y'know cuz saki and mirai seem like they cant live with out each other, so if they lived out their full lives then one would have died before the other. this way, they died at the same time and don't have to go on without the other.

not really platinum mad, moreso platinum sad at how this platinum ended. (sorry)

shoutout to the red arrow for being one of the most inconsistent abilities that i have ever paid attention to in an anime.

based and platinum chad'd
Mar 24, 2022 5:24 PM

May 2018
By the way, why was this show even called Platinum End in the first place? Was it never explained lol
Mar 24, 2022 5:27 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Nasse said its finally over, all were true to be over. Daaanngg

Heh at least that's a solid ending, even with a very fucked up approaching. Having your mc achieved his things. Having your side characters also achieved their own things. Even God also achieved God things. Yea, frickin Platinum End. Mind blowing. Its actually a new experience to me!

Alas, even if the ending is a solid platinum. But still all the process through it and to achieve that actually pretty much dissapointing. Mirai isn't really a likeable character even until the end. The plotting isn't really something like i expect. Though making this also not my cup of tea. But whatever, it is what it is. Even sensei (yes you, sensei) couldn't comprehend such a platinum end, and started to blame others. Yes, blame, you...

Muni-chan ftw.
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Mar 24, 2022 5:42 PM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
fancyjasper said:
I kind of love how crazy the ending is. I acknowledge the show has tons of flaws, but i found myself enjoying it regardless. I do think stronger directing and better OST would've helped a lot. Needed way more choirs, like this last episode had.

To be honest, this pretty much sums up my impression too. It's very ballsy from the creators to end off on such a note though. Kind of reminds me of Babylon's ending.
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Mar 24, 2022 5:51 PM
Jul 2020
what dafuq is that?? i didn't realize that all of them they all died when I had a hero I thought nasse and mirai would all die
Mar 24, 2022 5:53 PM

Mar 2020
The time i spent watching it will never come back, that's honestly the only opinion I have about this episode, after metropoliman arc the show surely become a bit worse and i always wondered why people were so negative about the platinum, but this episode really puts the end in platinum end, the ending is probably not the worst, but the delivery and "building" definitely made it worst ending i saw so far.

I feel it would've had more success if they just kept it a 12 episode anime with no season two and remain just an average battle royale anime, or to be honest even a 23 episode, it would've been perfectly fine to end with that guy becoming god and everyone minded their bussiness like nothing happened, but it feels like this episode alone completely ruined the whole anime.
Mar 24, 2022 6:43 PM

Mar 2016
This, ladies and gentlemen, is the epitome of abyss fiction. And, embarrassingly, from the author of Death Note and Bakuman of all people.
Mar 24, 2022 6:51 PM

Mar 2010
The entire anime was just one of the directors trying to tell us "be good in life work hard cause death inevitable" Omfg... what kinda bible freak wrote this shit xD
Mar 24, 2022 7:01 PM

Aug 2019
Platinum End in a nutshell:
Let's just waste 23 episodes on choosing a new God so that in the next episode he can kill himself. And drag the whole world with it...
Mar 24, 2022 7:13 PM
Jan 2021
Well, I did have a theory that killing god would end the universe and all things. But to think that the series would do it. Huh.

Honestly, not a fan of the last episode. The end goal of life is to struggle as far as it can. I can't deny that the way the world ended was disappointing. But alas, this was a thought provoking series so it's ending is also ironic.

Still, a bit disappointed. I don't care for endings that nullify the existence of the entire story. Gives off the question "why create a world only to destroy it".
But at the end of the day it is the authors choice.

At the end of the day. I guess this story is a tragedy. A story that invokes despair rather than hope. Few stories venture down this path. After all, what is the point of a pointless world? In this case it was the dramatic end. I can't really hate the series for it though. Just disappointed.
It's fine though, It's not like hope was completely lost. (edit: nvm this statement is mostly wrong and misleading. Was mostly based off of the question of "should we start again" which to that I say yes, please do :/ )

Tbh, I really can't understand how Gaku Yoneda couldn't consider the possibility that the world would be erased if god was killed. You know barely anything about this new realm of science and you decide that killing the creature is a good idea? Something you know nothing about that appears to have the capability to warp reality according to the angels. You only listen to one angel as a source of information? The great Achilles heel of a scientist is the inability to let go or consider what they believe to be true is possibly false. I understand that letting go is hard but it is important as a scientist to be able to let go or revise what you know to accommodate new information. Failure to do so breaks the scientific method.

Anyway good, thought provoking show. Just.. disappointing end.
merlin2vMar 24, 2022 7:25 PM
Mar 24, 2022 7:16 PM
Mar 2015
Worst anime I have ever seen
Mar 24, 2022 7:24 PM
Jan 2021
Ryuseishun said:
This, ladies and gentlemen, is the epitome of abyss fiction. And, embarrassingly, from the author of Death Note and Bakuman of all people.

What exactly is abyss fiction? I have never heard that term before to describe a genre.
Mar 24, 2022 7:29 PM
Jan 2021
It's funny, this series combines what I love about anime(that it can be so thought provoking and complex) and my least favorite trope (the "everything you just did no longer matters or exists in any way") aka the reset-nullify everything trope >:/
Mar 24, 2022 7:29 PM

Mar 2019
Happy to see the ending not changed.

Unhappy about the dog shit adaptation however. Oh well, that was the story of this show from the first episode onward. Could have been better.
Mar 24, 2022 7:38 PM
Aug 2018
My expectations were pretty low from the beginning, but that ending was just... not great. Def bumped it down from a 6 to a 5 in my eyes.
Mar 24, 2022 7:42 PM
Dec 2015
Surprising, yes. Memorable, nah. I'll likely forget about this show tomorrow morning.
Mar 24, 2022 8:06 PM
Jul 2018
The main reasons why Shuji Nakaumi committed suicide:
Shuji Nakaumi is considering whether it's the right choice to do nothing and leave it all up to humanity because there's no point to having a God. Apart from being supported by the previous god (only overseeing human life), there is actually a panel where Mirai mentions that he won't do anything and Yoneda once thought that Mirai was a rational person for mentioning those reasons.

This is the wrong part. Both Nakaumi and Yoneda thought that if God did not exist, then human life would not be affected. Even if God does nothing, God's presence is still important. Then, there is the possibility that Nakaumi would not necessarily commit suicide if he knew the fact that the presence of God also affects all life on earth.

There is one thing people are not aware of here. Muni is an angel of destruction, Muni's goal is not only to destroy heaven or "false gods", but the entire human life. It was also Yoneda's unconscious fault. Gods were created, but God also created humans. Yoneda's theories are correct to some degree, but they still have many flaws. For example, Ogaro once said that humans are just creatures under heaven. I believe that it indicates that what happens in heaven must also have an impact on human life.

My point here is that, no matter what, Muni will try to achieve her goals. The end of human life must happen in this series, somehow. It wasn't because of Nakaumi or Yoneda. The point lies with Muni, and these people are just Muni's "tools" to achieve her goals.

In essence, many hidden messages in this series are not realized, and of course, there are also many important panels that are skipped, making this series look like a big disaster. Of course, it's a big disaster because the adaptation of episode 24 as well as the last episode is very bad.
Mar 24, 2022 8:10 PM
Dec 2019
Definitely the worst anime I've finished in quite a long time. I'm not sure why I felt such a demented urge to finish it but I did. Now I feel comfortable giving it a 3/10 and forgetting about it outside of any time I need a reference point for what a "Very Bad" anime is.
Mar 24, 2022 8:22 PM

Mar 2020
Byniavo said:
By the way, why was this show even called Platinum End in the first place? Was it never explained lol

Because they put a platinum end
Mar 24, 2022 8:33 PM

Aug 2019
Byniavo said:

When platinum was discovered they made false assumptions about it at first.
And the characters in this anime all have false assumptions.

The kid who became God assumed people needed help to commit suicide, later as God saw that that's not true, they can do it themselves. Also he assumed because God only watches, if he would disappear it wouldn't change anything. Which was also a false assumption.

The professor was full of false assumptions. For example he predicted what would happen in the final fight, but because he doesn't understand people his plans failed. He also assumed the angel of destruction was a good guy and he was telling the truth about heaven and God. (but the angel tricked him)

The lab assistant girl assumed she needed lots of instagram followers and the red arrows to control people to be happy. But in the end she was happy once she got a good paying job.

I only watched a few episodes from the second half, so I don't know the other characters.
Mar 24, 2022 8:39 PM

Mar 2020
merlin2v said:
Well, I did have a theory that killing god would end the universe and all things. But to think that the series would do it. Huh.

Honestly, not a fan of the last episode. The end goal of life is to struggle as far as it can. I can't deny that the way the world ended was disappointing. But alas, this was a thought provoking series so it's ending is also ironic.

Still, a bit disappointed. I don't care for endings that nullify the existence of the entire story. Gives off the question "why create a world only to destroy it".

At the end of the day. I guess this story is a tragedy. A story that invokes despair rather than hope. Few stories venture down this path. After all, what is the point of a pointless world? In this case it was the dramatic end. I can't really hate the series for it though. Just disappointed.
It's fine though, It's not like hope was completely lost. (edit: nvm this statement is mostly wrong and misleading. Was mostly based off of the question of "should we start again" which to that I say yes, please do :/ )

Tbh, I really can't understand how Gaku Yoneda couldn't consider the possibility that the world would be erased if god was killed. You know barely anything about this new realm of science and you decide that killing the creature is a good idea? Something you know nothing about that appears to have the capability to warp reality according to the angels. You only listen to one angel as a source of information? The great Achilles heel of a scientist is the inability to let go or consider what they believe to be true is possibly false. I understand that letting go is hard but it is important as a scientist to be able to let go or revise what you know to accommodate new information. Failure to do so breaks the scientific method.

Your post kinda made me hate this ending a bit less tbh, and only for the angel observation, since yoneda based his theories purely on what the literal angel of destruction said, and spreading those beliefs to everyone else especially shuuji i think the ending was inevitable. They literally predicted it when they introduced Muni, irc they said something like "the destruction is inevitable" or smth like that, so i think there's that. Basically a butterfly effect, one small bad influence can lead to everyone's doom. If Yoneda wouldn't been even at the end so desperate to know more about the creature nothing would've happened, if mirai became god he would be ok to literally just watch over as the new god and do absolutely nothing, but yoneda's curiosity and muni's manipulation dragged everyone into this doom.
Mar 24, 2022 8:43 PM
Oct 2016
I’m in minority for thinking this ending was befitting for the show. It’s hard for me to put it into words but I’m satisfied with the finale!
Mar 24, 2022 8:49 PM

Jan 2011
This episode was the only good one in the series

I can't even remember if there were a series that I disliked, but I liked the ending much more over the entire series.
Mar 24, 2022 8:50 PM
May 2021
We can finally say goodbye to this disaster called Platinum End.
ASOIAF is the best piece of fiction

Mar 24, 2022 9:09 PM
Jun 2021
I am gonna say it straight: I disliked this ass shit until metropoliman died. However, the second cour started to salvage stuff for me and the ending was cherry on top.

It is true that things were very rushed and they really should have added about 1-2 episode more of exposition to really hit the stuff home. It is also true that those dialogue by higher being about death and all at the end was quite lame.

Yet the big death was satisfying. And definitely best episode for me.

In short, I really wish that metropoliman shit never existed, and the series started right from second cour, and done more stuff in that regime.
Mar 24, 2022 9:21 PM

May 2015
The episode started to drag with the happiness talk
And then...
What?
Why?
For what reason?
Furthermore? I just like the word.

I think I understand the message (maybe it's try to be happy because you'll die in the future?), but why convey it like this?! It's like aaaaaaa
I feel like a mix between what the hell did I just watch and disappointment

Kakehashi accepting his death was stupid.
This sudden end was stupid.
In the end, these past 24 episodes were pointless. Is this an allegory about life? Or a way to say the 8 hours I spent watching could have been used to make me happy?
I don't know
I
Don't
Know
Dogs
Mar 24, 2022 9:37 PM

Jan 2015
I loved the ending. Best episode in the series IMO.
Mar 24, 2022 9:45 PM
Oct 2009
DarcyD said:
I'm kinda just left with a distate in my mouth....like okay...did the author do this for the shock of it? Because I'm missing that feeling that the super loud orchestra score is trying to give me. I mean...I guess. 3/10

The ending is literally the rapture, the canonical ending for Christianity.
Mar 24, 2022 10:09 PM
Oct 2020
This was such an interesting show, for better or for worse.
The ending was at the very least clumsily handled. Six years passing didn’t seem to make much sense. What was Nakaumi doing that whole time?
And really once it ended, I was just bewildered. It all happened very fast and ended without satisfying elaboration.
It’s hard for me to say whether the ending is good or bad, but it at the very least could’ve been handled better…
Mar 24, 2022 10:17 PM

Jul 2016
End of Evangelion gone wrong LMAO. And that's why you don't let a suicidal emo kid become God.

Anyways, shit finale for an overall shit series. Quite fitting, I would say.

1/10 - I'm so sorry, Mukaidou. You and your precious family sure didn't deserve to be part of this mess.
Mar 24, 2022 10:24 PM

Sep 2019
I liked the ending because it related to the main themes. The show focuses on depression and suicide. Nakaumi never ever intended to end humanity. He believed the death of God wouldn't make a difference in humanity. The original God told him that he can only watch and create life, so he felt god was unnecessary and agreed with the Professor's theory. Also, some suicidal people may think their death will make no difference to the world, but there are people affected by this regardless. Friend and family are affected by suicide and Nakaumi's choice cost humanity. The Mc and Saki got to live happily for 6 years and Nasse felt that their job was finished. This was a good bitter plot twist ending. 7/10

Mar 24, 2022 10:44 PM

Oct 2021
so that was the PLATINUM END.
I was following this show from the start expecting something great. To be exact first 4 episodes were very good but then it went downhill so hard in terms of animation and direction.
It was like they tried to grab audience from first few episodes and used all the budget for them
and rest of the series is just coloured still images with rarely noticeable animation.
After peeping into Manga's Godly art, i can't believe author agreed to this type of garbage of an adaptation but at-least plot was interesting.

6/10

Edit: If someone wants to understand the Ending they can refer to this reddit thread though it is just a fan-made speculation
Finn086Mar 25, 2022 3:24 AM
Mar 24, 2022 11:26 PM
Jan 2021
lordkagetane said:
merlin2v said:

Your post kinda made me hate this ending a bit less tbh, and only for the angel observation, since yoneda based his theories purely on what the literal angel of destruction said, and spreading those beliefs to everyone else especially shuuji i think the ending was inevitable. They literally predicted it when they introduced Muni, irc they said something like "the destruction is inevitable" or smth like that, so i think there's that. Basically a butterfly effect, one small bad influence can lead to everyone's doom. If Yoneda wouldn't been even at the end so desperate to know more about the creature nothing would've happened, if mirai became god he would be ok to literally just watch over as the new god and do absolutely nothing, but yoneda's curiosity and muni's manipulation dragged everyone into this doom.

The ironic thing is that honestly, the best situation for Yoneda would have been for him to become the next god or "creature". That is, assuming he wouldn't just kill himself in attempt to kill the creature. Honestly, his actions, desires and his personality don't line up well at all. Had he been more open minded and listened to anyone else that isn't called the angel of destruction, then maybe he could have gotten some answers. Also, wondering what happens after death requires some belief in an afterlife which doesn't make sense for someone who is so certain that god can't exist.
(Also why even let the angel of destruction out of heaven in the first place? Allowing the one who kills the most to win?? How was this ever going to end well?)

I am glad my comment helped ease the pain of the last episode a bit. If only the world where set up to succeed rather than to fail. Alas, you can't really choose your world, you just got to work with what you got.
Mar 24, 2022 11:29 PM
Jun 2021
Very Good Ending.
Mar 24, 2022 11:42 PM

Dec 2020
#?!#+# WWWHAT. "god killed himself" line was so funny

uhm.. thats that! ..i guess. i definitely didnt see That coming but 💀💀??

errrrrr im glad that saki and mirai lived a happy life! highschool sweethearts, good married life, opened up a cute lil flowershop, and mirai also got rid off that emo ass cut. good for them

i still cant believe it ended like that lmfao well !! its been quite a ride. glad its over
Mar 25, 2022 12:02 AM
Dec 2017
Not even Platinum Disco would've made this ending better.
Mar 25, 2022 12:05 AM

Mar 2015
This ending would have hit harder, but I just finished Rewrite so I was already desensitized to this kind of ending. Anyway seeing Nasse fade away legit made me cry.. She even says bye bye to the screen, ugh!! I'll miss her but not this anime!
Mar 25, 2022 12:48 AM
Mar 2021
Am i the only one who absolutely loved the whole anime and the ending? It is so much more than you all see at the first look. This last episode was mindblowing!!! I watched the first episode on 8th October so when it came out, and since that day i watched Platinum End every week... it was an amazing journey and i'm very thankful for this MASTERPIECE!
Mar 25, 2022 1:23 AM

Aug 2020
Honestly the ending was probably my favourite part of the show. My final score for Platinum End is a 4/10.

「 𝕂𝕖𝕪 𝕥𝕙𝕒𝕥 𝕙𝕚𝕕𝕖𝕤 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕗𝕠𝕣𝕔𝕖𝕤 𝕠𝕗 𝕕𝕒𝕣𝕜𝕟𝕖𝕤𝕤, 𝕤𝕙𝕠𝕨 𝕞𝕖 𝕪𝕠𝕦𝕣 𝕥𝕣𝕦𝕖 𝕗𝕠𝕣𝕞 」

Mar 25, 2022 1:36 AM
Jun 2017
THIS ENDING IS A JOKE... What did i have just watched.... god destroyed himself and the humanity....

Mar 25, 2022 1:53 AM
Jan 2021
Ok who gave Shinji the power of whatever again? Oh well atleast there is no fanta this time.
Mar 25, 2022 2:04 AM

Jan 2018
Finally, this dumpster fire has ended. Can't say I'm impressed. The ending was spoiled to me long ago so I didn't get much of a shock.

This episode is like a big "fuck you" to everyone who decided to stick with the series till the end. It's brilliant in an ironic way. Because it felt like the ending message wanted me to take it seriously but I couldn't help but laugh at just how terrible it and everything preceding it was.

Ngl the show did have promise at the beginning. It wasn't a total downward spiral as there were some ups and downs but the quality declined with each episode most of the time. There are 2 major flaws in this story that I could identify, not counting the countless smaller flaws.
1. The main gimmick of arrows is too convoluted. Every episode seemingly introduced completely new info about the arrow it felt like. And all of them felt like they were written for making the plot more convenient. The premise of Death Note was ingenious on the other hand. No new mechanics of the Death Note introduced in later episodes felt forced or out of place. Most major rules of using the Death Note was explained pretty early on.
2. The biggest flaw is the shitty characters. None of the characters has compelling writing. All are just walking stereotypes. Only Mukaido or Kanade felt half-decent (compared to the rest of the cast of PE that is) but ofc they had to be killed off halfway through the show. The biggest offender is the main character Mirai. His ideals make 0 sense and it felt like he got 0 character development by the end of the series.

I am almost certain platinum end was only made to meet contractual obligations or something along those lines rather than the authors trying to create something they wanted. It's possible the magazine it was originally published on bugged the authors to create a 2nd death note and this anime tried to salvage the failure of the manga.

This "platinum end" makes me wanna shit platinum.
Mar 25, 2022 2:26 AM

Mar 2015
bottom tier trash if I ever seen one
Am I a good person? No. But do I try to be better every single day? Also no
Mar 25, 2022 2:38 AM
Nov 2017
BAHAHAHAHAHA the ending was great lol
Mar 25, 2022 2:45 AM
Jul 2021
One of the best plot twists and one of the best endings to a great story.

Too bad people are not ready to accept that.
Mar 25, 2022 2:57 AM

Jul 2012
The ending could be fine with better context. Not every story needs to have a happy ending with everything solved. But it doesn't really make any sense.

>Wanted to send Yoneda a message about his theory. He was after proving humans creating God.
Erasing all llife and killing God didn't help or answer his theory at all.

>I want to save people who are klilling themselves.. Not help them with their suicide!
Erasing all life didn't help with this either.

>This world is unfair!
So killing everything helped with this.. how? Yeah it can't be unfair when nothing exists i guess. Wow great solution.

Overall a shit show trying to be LE DEEP THINKPIECE.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 25, 2022 4:05 AM
Sep 2021
What ending huh, the author wanted to make this work, what was he thinking about? Suicide? Does life have no meaning? The author wanted to pass something philosophical that some will not understand, it was a good anime
Mar 25, 2022 4:16 AM
Oct 2019
broo what kind of Depression Ending was this...

not many author could pull ending like this, usually we got cliche happy ending right?
at least i can respect that decision.

yeahh 4/10 ending fck with your mind.
Also with many flaws through out the series.

davidyodo24Mar 30, 2022 12:00 PM
Mar 25, 2022 4:54 AM

Oct 2013
What.....

So life is pointless and can be recreated over and over again, which in this instance, was triggered by a suicidal kid. Not gonna lie, wasn't expecting that ending.
Mar 25, 2022 5:09 AM
Jul 2021
The only thing I really want to complain about is that they didn't show Balta for one last time before all angels vanished(((
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Platinum End Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 28, 2021

162 by jose777manuel »»
Dec 10, 2023 3:03 AM

Poll: » Platinum End Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 21, 2021

117 by jose777manuel »»
Dec 10, 2023 3:02 AM

Poll: » Platinum End Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 14, 2021

139 by jose777manuel »»
Dec 10, 2023 3:01 AM

Poll: » Platinum End Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Oct 7, 2021

230 by Lita2013 »»
Nov 25, 2023 9:03 PM

» moral of the story

Kanashito - Apr 3, 2022

23 by bastek66 »»
Nov 18, 2023 8:19 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.