Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Feb 17, 2022 7:58 PM

Jul 2017
This was so boring to watch, and this was the one little thing I was kind of looking forward to in this series with Miranjo's backstory and how underwhelming the presentation of it was in general. Everything about this felt lacking to me, continuing a trend of how I've felt with this series for the past 10-12 episodes in particular which I hoped would break at some point.
Feb 17, 2022 10:28 PM

Aug 2020
I feel like some people won't be happy with Kage doing that but I thought it was kinda cool

γ€Œ 𝕂𝕖π•ͺ π•₯𝕙𝕒π•₯ π•™π•šπ••π•–π•€ π•₯𝕙𝕖 𝕗𝕠𝕣𝕔𝕖𝕀 𝕠𝕗 π••π•’π•£π•œπ•Ÿπ•–π•€π•€, 𝕀𝕙𝕠𝕨 π•žπ•– π•ͺ𝕠𝕦𝕣 π•₯𝕣𝕦𝕖 π•—π• π•£π•ž 」

Feb 17, 2022 10:48 PM

Dec 2017
I just started this episode thinking that some more blood was missing and Ouken does not disappoint, I even thought that the men forgiven by Hiling would also fall.

Finally, what I wanted to see so much, Miranjo's story, although it has against it having to be told as a legend (which in animations can become more simplistic) complies with being interesting, not clashing with the story already shown and It leaves us curious to see what happens next. The world of Ousama Ranking seems to have a better world-building than the average anime.

It's a shame about Miranjo's mom, but it's always striking to see a reference to the topics of help and gratitude (I don't put other words to avoid conflicts)
Feb 17, 2022 10:52 PM

May 2020
I didnt exactly hate this episode, but it was definitely a 1/5
Feb 17, 2022 11:03 PM

Mar 2019
Amazing episode! everyone has suffered so much, hard to hate on any of the bad guys really.
Feb 18, 2022 12:30 AM

May 2015
GakutoDeathGlare said:
You're forgiven! And you're forgiven! You too! Also, you're healed! And you're healed as well! Give me a break already ffs, what garbage....

Also, Miranjo's Mother is a massive clown and gets no sympathy from me.

Please get a life and drop the show already.

Feb 18, 2022 1:36 AM

Apr 2021
The ending, where everyone was desperate to do something, to do anything that might stop Ouken and then Kage screams and turns into something.......I loved this episode!!!! Hyped for next week's episode!!!!
Feb 18, 2022 1:48 AM
May 2018
I missed it the first time, but Ouken stabbed himself through the chest in order to stab Bojji's leg.

Brutal.
Feb 18, 2022 2:09 AM

Nov 2012
So Bojji is as kind as Miranjo's mom, hope that helps to save Miranjo with some talk no jutsu and Daida's help too.

So they fought vs Gods? Damn, that may be the next arc.

Ouken is freaking strong, but they should try to immobilize him as thunders look like wont do the work.

Cant wait for the next ep!

My Candies:

Feb 18, 2022 3:58 AM
Oct 2019
GakutoDeathGlare said:

Lmao this guy again with another L.
Feb 18, 2022 3:59 AM
Oct 2019
What a sad backstory for Miranjo, especially Miranjo Mother.
Now we need to find out how she become present Miranjo.

Hiling really have a big heart. I like it.

Desperate Time indeed, Bojji is tired can't keep up with Ouken that has immortality.
And that Nasty Cliffhanger... Come on
davidyodo24Feb 18, 2022 4:05 AM
Feb 18, 2022 4:00 AM
Oct 2019
Sigmar-Unberogen said:
@GakutoDeathGlare

Why are you insulting a fellow colleague?

You know what it is, another L takes from that guy lol
Feb 18, 2022 4:55 AM

Oct 2016
Even as a brainless immortal, Ouken still keeping that stache on fleek. That Houma and Gyakuza backstory was fucked. Feel really bad for the Houma people. Despa the best sensei as always, that wireless communication with Desha to pinpoint where the lightning would strike is pretty cool though lmao.

Damn cliffhanger. Bojji getting fucked up in a fight feels weird now. Really looking forward to the next episode.
Feb 18, 2022 5:23 AM

Jul 2017
Yelp, Bosse in Daida's body, slowly piece by piece he begins to weave the story together, as with the others like Apeas being poisoned on the verge of death, and both Domas and Hokuro begging for the Queen's clemency. Hiling definitely has her healing powers ready for any situation, and in this case, it's to save Apeas, then translate that to Bojji. Everyone's coming along well, and they definitely know that Bojji is gonna save their kingdom, save for Hiling whom she's a liability who's only good for her healing powers.

Bosse's backstory of the Houma Kingdom, as with Daida being able to see the same, the Houma Kingdom was one kingdom rife with power of the overwhelming gods and atrocity, until he met Miranjo, fought her dad to the death, and her king-hearted mother healed him and raised the young girl all by herself. Even worse, the migration of the Houma people into the Gyakuza Kingdom, from one land to another, from power to deceit, taking advantage of others' kindness, so in reality, both Houma and Gyakuza were one and the same. Miranjo could've lived a good life, but in this case, she was used for their gain, which what became her objective to eliminate off the people that she hated by the same deceit behaviour of the Gyakuza people.

Back to Bojji's fight against the immortal Ouken, Despa and the Underworld Captain made it in time to block the kill, and for once, both brothers worked together to take their misconstrued brother down...which isn't all enough to strike him fully even with Desha's lightning. And when all else fails, take him down together...which Despa almost failed until Bojji's persistence got the best of him, and even that didn't work.

Boy...the cliffhangers always got us good, and this episode is no different.
Feb 18, 2022 6:43 AM
Feb 2022
This show presented how possessing a kind heart can be great, but it also showed the difficulties that go along with it. I feel bad for Miranjo's Mom.

Miranjo had a right to get mad, but that experience is not an excuse to lash out and be this cruel. I am looking forward to see more about her story and how she met the demon.
I admire Despa. He is one of my favorite characters. He truly cares for Bojji and his brothers. Seeing how he got hurt was painful.

The emotions, the actions, the stories, and the cliffhanger...What an episode! AGAIN! I loved and enjoyed it!

Next time, I guess we will know more about the shadow clan...
And seeing more about gods, powers, and nations? I agree with what I heard in a review...
That this Miranjo Arc is just a piece of a bigger picture. More things will unfold. Can't wait!
Feb 18, 2022 8:19 AM
Nov 2017
The drop in quality in terms of writing and pacing are amazing. The show went from an enjoyable journey to a plot hole, asspull ridden mess. So much shock value, so many unneeded flashbacks that take up way too much time, and so many questionable motivations.

Best part is that we'll most likely be getting the classic japanese ending of "even the murderous villain gets a full redemption because they grew up sad". That totally justifies her current actions.
Ded5Feb 18, 2022 8:23 AM
Feb 18, 2022 8:39 AM
Apr 2019
Does that mean Miranjo is like Bosse' Daughter then? im assuming he took care of her after all that.
Also who are these 'gods' we know bosse was considered the strongest man in the world but if he was allied with the mages surely the 'gods' would hate him and his kingdom.
I cant wait for everything to be revealed.
Feb 18, 2022 9:55 AM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
Like, it's still mostly good... but man that second half so far has been a bit underwhelming.
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Feb 18, 2022 12:24 PM

Apr 2020
This episode had me sobbing.. Can't wait for the next episode! Kage versus ouken?!
Feb 18, 2022 1:05 PM
Sep 2018
OMFG NOT BOIJI AND DESPA 😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭 GET RID OF THE DEMON KAGE WITH YO BADASS FORM
Also gosh everyone has a sad backstory, it’s a heart hitter this anime 😭😭😭
Feb 18, 2022 1:24 PM

Apr 2021
What a mess, imagine giving this anime a high score, that could never be me.

Wanted greatness, got an underwhelming shounen instead. Five more episodes to go, thank goodness. Please no 2nd season.
Feb 18, 2022 3:30 PM
Dec 2020
Ouken is absolutely terrifying. He's like a mix of a zombie and demon, but the truly terrifying thing about him are his human qualities. At least zombies and demons can be understood to be evil for evil's sake, but humans? Who knows what's going on in Ouken's head?

Also, I don't know if anyone remembers the amazing franchise that was the Highlander (RIP), but Ouken being struck by lightning when he's immortal made me think of all the quickenings in Highlander :) I don't know if that was a reference or not, but it sort of looked like Ouken got quickened xD
Feb 18, 2022 4:14 PM
Oct 2012
I could be wrong but I remember Desha commenting that Kage was robbed off his form by the Light Clan. Very interesting.
Feb 18, 2022 5:09 PM

May 2021
Past the tone deaf Miranjo backstory, the episode was packed. I suppose that Daida will get a key role from now, the flashback being shown to him is way too cheap

Feb 18, 2022 10:43 PM
Jan 2022
This episode is when I realized that the opening is gold
Feb 19, 2022 12:05 AM
Dec 2018
finally we are having kage's showtime
Feb 19, 2022 12:17 AM

Aug 2018
Despa, Kage, AHHHH!!!
Please don't let anything bad happen.
Very good chapter
Feb 19, 2022 12:45 AM

Oct 2008
omg might be the most helpless despair episode!
5/5.

Feb 19, 2022 1:12 AM

Jan 2021
NO I DON'T WANT DESPA TO DIE PLEASE DON'T LET HIM DIE!!! Ugh this episode was very very very good and even though I still don't like Miranjo but I can't lie that I also feel sorry for seeing her past.. especially seeing her mother who is very kind and sincere.. but I still don't like Miranjo, hahahahah.

And wow did Kage has finally shown his true power? I got goosebumps because indeed Kage's relationship with Bojji is very strong and deep, he doesn't want to lose the most precious person in his life for the third time.

Feb 19, 2022 1:27 AM

Jan 2019
GakutoDeathGlare said:
You're forgiven! And you're forgiven! You too! Also, you're healed! And you're healed as well! Give me a break already ffs, what garbage....

Indeed, the story has become just a weird wish fulfillment of a world where everyone has maxed empathy and no good sense.

By Talos, you can't convince me that it's okay for Apeas to betray his kingdom to help Miranjo because of some flawed sense of loyalty while simultaneously breaking all sense of loyalty when Hilling still accepts and heals everyone right away, without any questions asked whatsoever.

Sadly, Miranjo's mother embodies the naivety present in the writing of this story. "There's good in everyone", yep, and they have to come up with broken gods as an explanation for evil (that if the gods themselves don't receive a sob backstory later).

It's been hard to find redeeming qualities for the show. The author knows how to pick nice phrases for the dialogue, but lacks in giving them any substance through the story.
SheklonMar 26, 2022 2:44 PM
Feb 19, 2022 2:35 AM
May 2018
Avarion said:
I could be wrong but I remember Desha commenting that Kage was robbed off his form by the Light Clan. Very interesting.

He only commented that his people was 'cursed' and 'hated by god (or the gods, we finally saw what 'gods' are in the setting thanks to this episode.)'
That's what made their form altered like that - but he said nothing about the Light Clan.
Feb 19, 2022 4:21 AM
Aug 2017
Only anime that is keeping my interest in anime.
Feb 19, 2022 9:32 AM

Jan 2008
Sad about the Houma.... but they were really fucking stupid. I mean... how many times do you have to be betrayed until you get a clue?
Feb 19, 2022 1:03 PM

Apr 2018
Great episode with Despa joining the fight, Kaji evolved or something in the end or just went beserk.

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'
Feb 19, 2022 1:16 PM

May 2016
Man I wouldn't have been surprised if one of em died right there.
Piromysl said:
Watching father's memories.
Calm down, Eren.
man gotta move forward wherever he is.
Feb 19, 2022 1:39 PM

Sep 2015
Ahhh Despa got distracted!!

But that stab that Ouken did for the sword size he has on Bojjis leg, was small o_O !
August 6th 2023: Biggest upset ever, deception, selfishness, or scammed, manipulated. Heavy damage costs, and more. Days since: 15 Last updated: 8/21/2023

One Piece Episode 1041 & 1042 & 1047 & 1048 & 95.75%/1049 & 1053 were a mistake and Uta brought the salvation -AhriTheS3xyFox

Feb 20, 2022 12:43 PM

Nov 2012
The thought put into bringing these characters to life is outstanding. Well done Wit. Well done. They even put a limp into Dorsche's run. Most animators wouldn't bother.

I thought Kage would go into Ouken's armor or his black goo to contol him, but devouring works, too.
dragynfaerieFeb 20, 2022 1:06 PM
Feb 20, 2022 4:42 PM

Dec 2013
TsukuyomiREKT said:
GakutoDeathGlare said:

Mad cuz he's on point? Lmao, weebs never disappoint XD
Feb 20, 2022 6:50 PM

Jan 2013
Is there really no way to stop Ouken?

But that ending damn, finally Kage decided to act on his own.

The whole of Miranjo's backstory was sad, and i am glad they didn't show us what happened with her...

But something gotta happen with Bojji, he has to lvl up.
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Feb 21, 2022 12:23 AM

Jan 2008
The only way to stop Oukan is to restrain him. He is not stronger the rest of the warriors here, it's just that injuring him doesn't do anything. You need to get the four devas (lol) to freaking jump him and then bind him in a way that breaking his own bones won't get him out.

AivanK said:
The whole of Miranjo's backstory was sad, and i am glad they didn't show us what happened with her...

Yeah... about that...... It's coming up.
Feb 22, 2022 1:39 AM

Jan 2021
you cant even blame miranjo, damn now i pity him, now i believe that there's really no villain this anime, just victims, but the difference is the path these victims takes..

Kage new form?? i personally cant for, the next episode!!
Feb 22, 2022 1:39 AM

Jan 2021
you cant even blame miranjo, damn now i pity him, now i believe that there's really no villain this anime, just victims, but the difference is the path these victims takes..

Kage new form?? i personally cant for, the next episode!!
Feb 23, 2022 12:49 PM

Jul 2012
Kamiyan3991 said:
TsukuyomiREKT said:

Mad cuz he's on point? Lmao, weebs never disappoint XD
You may want to read his weekly flamebait bursts of nonsense in the threads he open to try convincing others to shit on this show with him.

You clearly haven't been up to date with the activity for this anime if you don't know the biggest shitposter of this discussion board. His empty and nitpicky arguments were destroyed to such an extent at this point that people don't bother, preferring to just tell him off instead, which is for the better, as he craves for that attention at least once per episode release. Don't believe me? Check out his threads in here yourself.

Feb 24, 2022 10:10 AM

Jun 2019
Wow... what an episode. I didn't expect Miranjo's backstory to be that sad. Full of empathy and betrayal. That was very sad. And, then the fight between Oukena and Bojji became even more intense. Even Despa is injured and it was not looking good for them. Kage took the charge and then cliffhnager.
Feb 24, 2022 12:20 PM

Mar 2010
Ah shit that immortality power is just tooo OP.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Feb 25, 2022 4:57 AM

Sep 2015
tsubasalover said:

I don't think you need to flag this as a spoiler, though.
It is Ok if your discussing the current episode and not future episodes.
Feb 26, 2022 10:06 PM
Jan 2021
Another incredible episode as always. This series never fails to amaze me. I shed quiet a few tears with Kage during his scene with his mom. This episode’s underlining theme I felt was on friendship. Friends are the family we choose and sometimes the only ones left during our toughest times in life. We had Kage going back for Bojji and then the big 4 leaving their differences behind and fighting as a team. Absolutely amazing!!
Mar 11, 2022 4:26 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Really sad backstory for Miranjo's mother :/ Though that end holy shit! Kage's transformation???? I didn't expect that at all
Mar 12, 2022 6:40 AM

Jun 2007
wtcheranmi said:
this anime's manga was written around 207-2019 it was the peak of time when the western world was crtiscizing Japan for not accepting "refugees" and pressuring to open up the border to accept millions of "refugees". The author made this part as an the answer for western people criticism of Japan and its people in terms of immigration and awareness to reader of what will happen if you give too much and didn't use your brain properly.

The Kingdom of Houma (in Japanese, the kanji of houma can mean compassion) is the metaphor of prosperous kingdom/countries in our time. The people who they helped take advantage of their kindness and resources and when the kingdom become weak because of endless helping compassion, those people who've they've helped betrayed them which can be seen now with the rise of crime domestic terrorism in the western world.

interesting, thank you for this comment mate
see you, space cowperson . . .
Mar 15, 2022 2:59 PM
Sep 2015
The writing is veeery childish. Villains are just villains for no reason. Except Miranjo. Miranjo is like Joker. A poor misunderstood person who became a villain.

Also how could that soldier just laugh in Queen Hiling's face like that? I know this anime is not realistic, but that's a rude gesture either way.
I'm kinda noticing that I only enjoy listening to the OP, and then I pray the episode ends quickly. That's not a good sign. Let's see how the writers will wrap this up.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ousama Ranking Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 24, 2022

231 by Lanz »»
May 23, 6:25 AM

Poll: » Ousama Ranking Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 17, 2022

224 by Lanz »»
May 23, 6:07 AM

Poll: » Ousama Ranking Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 13, 2022

110 by Lanz »»
May 20, 11:24 PM

Poll: » Ousama Ranking Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 10, 2022

177 by PrimeX »»
Apr 21, 12:42 AM

Poll: » Ousama Ranking Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 3, 2022

107 by PrimeX »»
Apr 20, 5:46 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.