Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Jan 7, 2022 12:24 PM

Apr 2011
Well not all pipes some are actually pretty small. Anyway if you can pack power of big solid man into much compact package that's hardly bad thing. Well i don't disagree that tall body and boobs is indeed ideal in many ways, which is not same saying it's ideal in every way though.
Jan 7, 2022 12:29 PM

Nov 2015
Huh? That's actually not bad lol. I already prepared myself by expecting something bad like animation quality drop to PPT level, but so far not bad.

Now I wonder if this quality will stay the same, improved, or dropped on the way to the last episode.
Jan 7, 2022 12:31 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
The production looks decent, great OP/ED (and same for the OP's visuals) but that's all, the story is boring, I'm not surprised since I played the game and it sucked
Jan 7, 2022 12:33 PM

Jun 2016
kinda sad. was basically what I expected, which is unfortunate.

most of the appeal in the chars were lost and colors kinda sucked imo. for a gacha game adaptation, was a very big oof for me.

And it's not like the anime had anything revolutionary with the story, fight sakuga, or osts so it kind of went downhill after the op. sopmodII's voice actor was a +, but... some of the faces... T-T
Jan 7, 2022 1:13 PM
Dec 2021
I would say give it time but some of you are either being needlessly obtuse or acting like sticklers just based on the premise.
Jan 7, 2022 1:30 PM

Apr 2012
Expectation: People argue over MC choices and animation quality.
Reality: People argue about anthropomorphism or were not familiar with the game at all.

Ashhk said:
The production looks decent, great OP/ED (and same for the OP's visuals) but that's all, the story is boring, I'm not surprised since I played the game and it sucked

This is always the case with adaptations of mobile games that you are not familiar with. For some reason, without any gaming experience, it looks like a generic action title.
Jan 7, 2022 1:41 PM
Aug 2019
Alokr said:
nightcrawlercyp said:
Utter garbage. First off unless those models where first designed for infiltration or companionship they would not have those body models. You would either go with strong male body or a slender supple female body for agility. Second no point on having them exhibit emotions. Third they could have just removed the hdd. fourth if they still went to that approach Combining bladed weapons with fire arms would have been a better choice. Then you have their costumes that cannot be explained by anything but someone's fetish. No point whatsoever for them having skirts even less in a cold climate. Also why would androids .... although the term would not apply because an android is just a human with rootic enhancements not a human looking robot... need to breath?

check the base material mate, those girls are not humans, they are called T-Dolls (Tactical Dolls). This is an adaptation of the Game called "Girl's Frontline/Doll's Frontline"
https://iopwiki.com/wiki/Lore
https://iopwiki.com/wiki/Girls%27_Frontline_Wiki
https://gf.sunborngame.com/

With that said, I can agree with you on two things,
the idea of only female T-Dolls is weird at best and totally trash at worse, and ya they could have taken the SSD/HDD out of that old potatoes PC, I don't know why they didn't do that...

Nah bro that dude is dumb, sure, remove the HDD, because those things do not get ruined by getting smacked when you're literally on a battlefiel
Jan 7, 2022 1:58 PM
Jan 2022
One of the best first episode out of all anime just released this season. The background music would keep you to stick to the story, unlike many anime where on its first episode have no background music at all or too chill one that sometimes made me fell asleep. The sound effect choices are nice to decent, at least. Story wise, I liked that even the protagonists are struggled already (although not significant) and there are already some deaths although most of them not on-screen (maybe I watched censored version?), let's see how "dark" this anime would turn out. The girls also showed that they have various personalities, one is pretty shy, one is confident, one is always happy even on dire situation, one is straightforward, etc.

What I concerned is just how to remember the char's name which use types of guns, which sounds pretty hard. And why there is only one male, what is actually happened in this world about that should be explained later.

Otherwise, I don't get it why some people have dropped this anime on its "promising" first episode, and most of people voted "it was OK". Maybe they have very high expectations or I have bad taste?

I rate this episode 9/10.
Ardi8Jan 7, 2022 2:11 PM
Jan 7, 2022 2:19 PM
Jun 2015
Should’ve kept making short anime series instead.
I get why all these companies wants to make their game into full season anime, but it’s just fan service at the best.

It’s almost funny because many game anime comes out with this quality and doesn’t make much fuss or money, and others continue to make anime and follow that step.

For fan maybe it’s okay. But their short anime serie creators clearly understood what game was about, memes, and stories behind the characters. This one is just one lazy anime that adds zero value to the IP of girls frontline
Jan 7, 2022 2:42 PM
Jul 2014
nightcrawlercyp said:
firemagnet said:

This is actually worth an answer, one that the side-quel game, Neural-Cloud, goes into.

The reason the T-Dolls look like girls is, because, well, they were supposed to. Sangvis Ferri aside, almost all of the T-Dolls in Girls Frontline are actually domestic models originally made to perform such mundane functions as firefighting, house-hold service, vending, and so on. The humanoid "cute" appearance is entirely for aesthetics in a civilian market.

Actual military models look exactly like what you'd expect: faceless, heavily armored, walking bricks meant to soak up damage.

Griffin is a Private Military Contractor, and hence goes for what they can get for close-to-bottom-dollar, pairing civilian dolls to a weapon, militarizing their OS and onboard hardware, and then pairing them to the firearm which they are named after.
There are also other plot-related reasons for their human appearance (no, not that sort of plot), but commenting further on that would be delving too deep into the original source material and spoil things.
Alokr never said they are humans. I said they are robots, not androids as the term android defines a human with robotic enhancements.
firemagnet Yes the appearence may be for aesthetics but they could have gone with something like [image ommitted] (either one) There is absolutely no reason to go with the highschool or younger body model. Also no reason for the domestic robots to need breathing or simulating it.
If they looked like this they could be both good domestic models and dodge bullets with ease. And honestly I prefer a robot like Kristanna Loken to a lil girl with overly large boobs model even if I am a boobs guy

I can't comment with respect to your sense of aesthetics, but perhaps playing the game (available on iOS and Android) would help matters a little.

Again, it bears worth saying that, at least in the lore (which the original game goes heavily into through individual side stories), most "T-Dolls" are made to look like human women purely for aesthetics, for making the humans whom they serve feel more comfortable.

What the anime fails to explain well is that, in addition to World War III, much of what would otherwise be inhabitable land has been irradiated by what the game calls "collapse fluid," the by product of alien artifacts discovered in the 1960s whose origins are unclear and whose uses have deeply harmful effects to the human body, including lethal zombifying mutations. In the 2030s misuse and a security failure resulted in what is called the "first Beilan Island Incident," wherein a massive explosion in an artifact on the aforementioned island created an explosion and fallout which irradiated most arable land and indirectly touched off World War III.

T-Doll technology was developed because the population loss and attendant economic crisis was so great that a number of social functions had to be taken up by easily replaceable automated labor. Among these tasks were domestic automata which were designed to look seamlessly human, and which were networked into a global wireless cloud from which they could draw upon a range of behavior algorithms to mimic human behavior (down the to the point of getting blackout drunk).

As for why M4 reacts in such a human manner, well, revealing that would spoil a whole bunch of stuff.

Jan 7, 2022 2:43 PM
Feb 2021
iNovak said:
In which legal platforms (and countries) is this anime available? Please tell me

U can watch it on YouTube at Muse Asia.
If you live in Asia that is.
Or use a VPN
Jan 7, 2022 2:52 PM

Dec 2014
I've known about the franchise for a long time but never played it (I do play Azur Lane for whatever that's worth). GFL 2 has my interest and I will probably play that one when it comes out so I'm just watching this to maybe get introduced to the characters. I've seen fanart of them every so often as well.

Off the bat, M4A1 is easily my favorite. I always loved her design and I'm quite liking her personality too.

I do have a question, the subtitles quote Sangvis as the name of the enemy dolls but the AR team seems to call them "Tekketsu" which should more literally translate to something like Iron and Blood. Why would they not just say Sangvis in Japanese or did I just mishear what they said?

Production quality is okay, I guess you can't expect too much.
Jan 7, 2022 2:59 PM
Jul 2014
RobertBobert said:
Reality: People argue about anthropomorphism or were not familiar with the game at all.

Ashhk said:

This is always the case with adaptations of mobile games that you are not familiar with. For some reason, without any gaming experience, it looks like a generic action title.

GFL isn't exactly up there in the Android App Store / iOS store rankings, sadly. It's certainly not as popular as other games which have done their own adaptations or included animated cutscenes for the game such as Princess Connect, Honkai Impact 3rd and GrandBlue Fantasy. To say nothing of the gravy train that is anything Type-Moon.

As for expected arguments, well, to Asahi Production's credit, the animation is on point. It's not Unlimited Budget Works' grade, and it's certainly not as bad as whichever studio did the adaptation for Azur Lane The Animation.

With that said, whomever directed the combat choreography just doesn't seem to know how to impart the sensation of force, energy, and initiative into combat scenes. It's unfortunate, really, because the manga does a really good job of that.
Jan 7, 2022 3:00 PM

Nov 2013
The only good parts in this show were the OP and the ED lol.

Well, what else can you expect from a mobile game adaptation huh?
Jan 7, 2022 3:05 PM

Apr 2018
The first episode is kind of discouraging.
I hope it will improve.
Jan 7, 2022 3:10 PM

Oct 2014
1) Don't infobomb general settings in the first 20 second of episode 1!
2) Don't use recycled key frames FROM THE SAME EPISODE for that infobomb!

I wouldn't mind shuffled episode order, but I won't take the director trying to turn people off in the first 20 sec of the whole season's broadcast!
Not to mention the tuned down shapes bcs China. Couldn't they at least keep the "cute girl" part so that at least people fall in love with them? Even with low budget that should be possible, no?
Jan 7, 2022 3:11 PM
Jul 2014
Lelouch0202 said:
I've known about the franchise for a long time but never played it (I do play Azur Lane for whatever that's worth). GFL 2 has my interest and I will probably play that one when it comes out so I'm just watching this to maybe get introduced to the characters. I've seen fanart of them every so often as well.

Off the bat, M4A1 is easily my favorite. I always loved her design and I'm quite liking her personality too.

I do have a question, the subtitles quote Sangvis as the name of the enemy dolls but the AR team seems to call them "Tekketsu" which should more literally translate to something like Iron and Blood. Why would they not just say Sangvis in Japanese or did I just mishear what they said?

Sangvis Ferri is Latin for "Iron Blooded" or "Iron Blood" and is the name of the company which made those dolls (Sangvis Ferri Manufacturing) (including using the Roman "V," which is read as "U"). It's basically a romanization, so the Japanese and the Latin are the same in that sense. Oddly enough, the company is Bulgarian in lore.

Company lore here: https://iopwiki.com/wiki/Sangvis_Ferri
Jan 7, 2022 3:30 PM

Dec 2014
firemagnet said:
Lelouch0202 said:

Sangvis Ferri is Latin for "Iron Blooded" or "Iron Blood" and is the name of the company which made those dolls (Sangvis Ferri Manufacturing) (including using the Roman "V," which is read as "U"). It's basically a romanization, so the Japanese and the Latin are the same in that sense. Oddly enough, the company is Bulgarian in lore.

Company lore here: https://iopwiki.com/wiki/Sangvis_Ferri

That makes so much more sense, thanks!
Jan 7, 2022 3:37 PM

Jul 2021
Just going to drop this because of the poor characterization and choreography + the names are very hard for me to memorize so trying the game would be a better option than just wasting my time continuing with the rest of the episodes however I may continue watching this anytime.
"......If I told you that I was a real witch, would you believe it?"

Jan 7, 2022 3:57 PM

Apr 2012
firemagnet said:
RobertBobert said:

GFL isn't exactly up there in the Android App Store / iOS store rankings, sadly. It's certainly not as popular as other games which have done their own adaptations or included animated cutscenes for the game such as Princess Connect, Honkai Impact 3rd and GrandBlue Fantasy. To say nothing of the gravy train that is anything Type-Moon.

As for expected arguments, well, to Asahi Production's credit, the animation is on point. It's not Unlimited Budget Works' grade, and it's certainly not as bad as whichever studio did the adaptation for Azur Lane The Animation.

With that said, whomever directed the combat choreography just doesn't seem to know how to impart the sensation of force, energy, and initiative into combat scenes. It's unfortunate, really, because the manga does a really good job of that.

I'm not talking about animation, but about the fact that the plot of many mobile games often makes sense only for those who are involved in the game. For example, now I adore Azur Lane, but when I first saw anime, for me it was something very generic with hot girls.
Jan 7, 2022 3:59 PM

Jan 2014
Even if I would love to know more about the story, I kinda loved how we are thrown into the thick of things, and through these characters in battle, we got to know them a bit, and see how they handle things, along with how their personalities shined. Hoping for more of the same honestly.

The art style and voices are pretty nice too. With the tone and everything.

I honestly don't get some's take on this, yeah, it's not a stand out, and they could've given us more information, rather than just an info dump right on the get go like that. Along with the pacing seemingly being super rapid like that. But for what it presented, I enjoyed it. If they slow it down, and give us more info about the world, and such, then it'll be better for sure.
EllenwitchJan 7, 2022 4:17 PM
Jan 7, 2022 4:27 PM

May 2012
usually im pretty hyper critical with anime, but honestly i really enjoyed the first episode lol, expectations are honestly pretty low and im a tad biased since i play the game lol, but regardless, i thought it was fun, despite the glaring issues
Jan 7, 2022 4:45 PM

Feb 2020
Lelouch0202 said:
GFL 2 has my interest and I will probably play that one when it comes out so I'm just watching this to maybe get introduced to the characters.

afaik GFL 2 will be a direct sequel to GFL, meaning I suggest at least watching YT videos of the game's story following the anime and the "sequel movie that was apparently teased", since I don't think they are going to be adapting everything in the manga/game
Jan 7, 2022 5:14 PM

Mar 2014
nah the hentai fan arts and doujins are much better than the anime itself.
Jan 7, 2022 5:21 PM
Feb 2020
Ellenwitch said:
Even if I would love to know more about the story, I kinda loved how we are thrown into the thick of things, and through these characters in battle, we got to know them a bit, and see how they handle things, along with how their personalities shined. Hoping for more of the same honestly.

The art style and voices are pretty nice too. With the tone and everything.

I honestly don't get some's take on this, yeah, it's not a stand out, and they could've given us more information, rather than just an info dump right on the get go like that. Along with the pacing seemingly being super rapid like that. But for what it presented, I enjoyed it. If they slow it down, and give us more info about the world, and such, then it'll be better for sure.

I agree, this anime has its moments, and I really liked them. However, even if the production is complete this episode still doesn't feel fleshed out. Many people would only give this anime 1 episode and unfortunately this episode didn't deliver. The animation was decent, the whole "girls with guns" setting feels fanservice-ish, and the literal main selling point of this IP, it's plot and story is almost non existent in this episode. Just some plain info dump that they expect viewers to understand what the heck is going on.

I feel sorry that new viewers can't grasp the full extent or just a little of what this show has to offer from the first episode. With the barebones plot thrown into this one, if people aren't not hooked then they'll just stop watching. Hopefully, there are people who are willing to give this show a second chance.

This show has 12 episodes to show a story that has captured many hearts of players and it would be a disgrace if they could not deliver. People's expectations were already low enough and it would get lower each time it doesn't reach. All that I can say is this, if the director can show major improvements in the upcoming episodes (the 3 episode rule is essential), then god bless. This anime can score a 7 or higher.
Akumaru03Jan 7, 2022 5:27 PM
Jan 7, 2022 5:21 PM
Jun 2021
So far i think its pretty good. Definetly didnt expect this mutch from a game adaptation. It is true though, that GFL has a complex storyline and i love seeing my favourite mobile game coming to life like this. I hope they keep up the good work. 5/5
Jan 7, 2022 5:23 PM

Jul 2016
What a strange and terrible anime. this first episode was almost completely incoherent and the 30 second plot narration certainly didnt make it any clearer . Between the shoddy art and animation, reused scenes, duplicate characters and models on screen at the same time, metal music randomly popping on and off, the jumping between locations and generally making no sense, i could have sworn that i dreamed this if it wasnt the reality before my eyes. I can only assume that this exists purely as as a parody of mobile game anime adaptions. Dropped and rated 1, the OP sequence was pretty cool too, what a waste....
Jan 7, 2022 5:37 PM
Feb 2020
I'm very sad that many chose to drop this anime and give it a 1. This show has potential, and this is just the first episode. I fricking hope this anime gets better, watching people hate on it it hurts my soul.
Jan 7, 2022 5:52 PM
Mar 2021
2Beade said:
Alokr said:

check the base material mate, those girls are not humans, they are called T-Dolls (Tactical Dolls). This is an adaptation of the Game called "Girl's Frontline/Doll's Frontline"
https://iopwiki.com/wiki/Lore
https://iopwiki.com/wiki/Girls%27_Frontline_Wiki
https://gf.sunborngame.com/

With that said, I can agree with you on two things,
the idea of only female T-Dolls is weird at best and totally trash at worse, and ya they could have taken the SSD/HDD out of that old potatoes PC, I don't know why they didn't do that...

Nah bro that dude is dumb, sure, remove the HDD, because those things do not get ruined by getting smacked when you're literally on a battlefiel

Figured, but still, there is this key information that makes it possible...
Ahh, but this trivia about T-Dolls is a bit of a spoiler... let's just say that "hint hint" they have extra storage for stuff like hardware or something shaped like a cube/core ;) ... but going into detail is too much of a spoiler...
I'll post the link if you want to spoil yourself (go to Minute 41 )
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yamnKNsVqxk&list=PLTpD-lAtY-jDOGHA0DpNeE4KRPpotoRIX&index=21

I agree with you, but, at the same time, if you get sent in a mission to recover high-value data, you should be prepared to carry sensible data storage formats as well as have the ability to copy it, in our case copying it exposed the team to more danger and could have potentially got the data destroyed as well (by stray bullets or fragments). On the other hand, you can argue that the opposite is also true. Either way, this only emphasizes the fact that Anti-rain is a bit of a "green" squad and doesn't have much experience but they know how to adapt to any situation. They were totally unprepared for the mission and the intel was wrong as well (nothing new even by today's standards). But they managed to adapt and overcome the situation, and this Hdd mission pulls that message pretty nicely.
Jan 7, 2022 5:56 PM
Jul 2018
War environment and all the staff are in a fight, the characters are very reasonable however they are needing a new one person who help them from that moment i am absolutely not expecting anything with this plot. Maiss intend to go all the way to the end of this series.
removed-userJan 7, 2022 6:00 PM
Jan 7, 2022 6:31 PM
Propmaker/Etsy

Jun 2014
The op animation was incredible, I hope they incorporate that into the anime.

Not sure why but I felt like the first 6mins of the anime were rushed, I felt like there was an episode missing before this one.

I liked it so far
Hopefully all goes well with this anime
Jan 7, 2022 6:55 PM
Oct 2020
Call of Duty: Waifu Warfare
Jan 7, 2022 7:10 PM

Sep 2020
What kind of Assault Lily is that?
I liked it, though not much

Well, even so, I'll keep an eye on it.
Jan 7, 2022 7:14 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
Gonna start by saying I have not played the mobile game, I’ve always just known of it, but this anime wasn’t bad imo. It was fun watching the gun waifus fight these enemy androids and outsmart them by the end, and as someone that’s into guns I like seeing ones I know, as well as favorites like the Gewehr 43. Art and animation was decent too, the plot is kinda odd but that’s to be expected from mobile games honestly lol. I think I’ll enjoy this going forward.

And as for the OP and ED, the OP had very nice visuals but the song isn’t a favorite of mine, it’ll probably grow on me more as it goes on, but I did really like the ED song, visuals were simpler for it but still nice.
Jan 7, 2022 7:42 PM
Jul 2018
Uhh the maids. They got unlimited bullets. The ending song was kinda mixed of Future bass, melodic dubstep, Trap and house music.
The OST is really great. For a game and future perspective The OST goes very well. Feels modern.
I don't know when the anime industry's gonna give computers some base logic. I mean they got so modern tech and the super computers and data files and codes😂😂 are usual trash.
The opening was great for Visuality. Other things? Meh.
Jan 7, 2022 7:47 PM
Nov 2015
Syureria said:
Slightly confused with chara names especially M4A1. Is this the same as Azur Lane huh? Basically all girls are a gun. Starting with infiltrate, M4A1 as leader they plan to steal a database, and for the op 10/10 really like op animation and sound. AR-15, this is an interesting anime it's just that it's hard to remember the names of the chara. Stealing the database seemed too easy for them and hacking the password too. Looks like it won't end easily, the cooperation between AR-15 and SOPMODII That's pretty good, They are just trying to buy time.

The operation even continues until dawn, The ambush this time can be overcome, maybe Scorpion can become an MVP, lol.

they are mass produce dolls with no name if you want to make it easier. their code name / name is their gun that given since born.
Jan 7, 2022 7:49 PM
Nov 2015
CannedMarmalade said:
It's a shame its gonna follow the Manga and not the game
the manga source material is from the game.
Jan 7, 2022 8:17 PM

Jan 2011
this was okay at best even as a old fan of the game( love the story and world/characters) but the events just got to be a pain to get through and they were so dense, i typically rag on people using outside sources for info but with a game adaptation and there being so much lore you can look into it's hard not to just explain shit when the anime with only like 12episodes is just flying through stuff like some people still don't even realize they aren't humans

though i am debating on continuing was mostly just gonna use this as a refresher since i would like to get caught up at some point reading the event stories and its a huge plus hearing all the dolls talk even if it looks kinda poopy

Opening is a banger though

Jan 7, 2022 8:33 PM

Oct 2008
oh man! i wonder if they're gonna showcase M200 INTERVENTION the most accurate sniper rifle as of date!
anywayz the show is kinda okayish...not edgy of course!
4/5.

EDIT: next i hope they make an anime about Counter:side and collaborate with the makers from Korea...lolz
matias067Jan 7, 2022 9:01 PM

Jan 7, 2022 8:36 PM

Jan 2020
I honestly like the art and the opening was pretty

Not sure what to think of the first episode but I don't think it was bad. I hope it does something a little more in the future though

Jan 7, 2022 9:35 PM

Apr 2011
redcobra said:

they are mass produce dolls with no name if you want to make it easier. their code name / name is their gun that given since born.

Not exactly. Majority of Griffin dolls are originally from Civil sector and they have names, but after joining G&K they stop using it, because it's much easier to sacrifice IDW then Betty
Jan 7, 2022 10:21 PM
May 2018
nightcrawlercyp said:
Utter garbage. First off unless those models where first designed for infiltration or companionship they would not have those body models. You would either go with strong male body or a slender supple female body for agility. Second no point on having them exhibit emotions. Third they could have just removed the hdd. fourth if they still went to that approach Combining bladed weapons with fire arms would have been a better choice. Then you have their costumes that cannot be explained by anything but someone's fetish. No point whatsoever for them having skirts even less in a cold climate. Also why would androids .... although the term would not apply because an android is just a human with rootic enhancements not a human looking robot... need to breath?
Cause it’s a cartoon bro
Jan 7, 2022 10:47 PM

Aug 2012
firemagnet said:
nightcrawlercyp said:
Alokr never said they are humans. I said they are robots, not androids as the term android defines a human with robotic enhancements.
firemagnet Yes the appearence may be for aesthetics but they could have gone with something like [image ommitted] (either one) There is absolutely no reason to go with the highschool or younger body model. Also no reason for the domestic robots to need breathing or simulating it.
If they looked like this they could be both good domestic models and dodge bullets with ease. And honestly I prefer a robot like Kristanna Loken to a lil girl with overly large boobs model even if I am a boobs guy

I can't comment with respect to your sense of aesthetics, but perhaps playing the game (available on iOS and Android) would help matters a little.

Again, it bears worth saying that, at least in the lore (which the original game goes heavily into through individual side stories), most "T-Dolls" are made to look like human women purely for aesthetics, for making the humans whom they serve feel more comfortable.

What the anime fails to explain well is that, in addition to World War III, much of what would otherwise be inhabitable land has been irradiated by what the game calls "collapse fluid," the by product of alien artifacts discovered in the 1960s whose origins are unclear and whose uses have deeply harmful effects to the human body, including lethal zombifying mutations. In the 2030s misuse and a security failure resulted in what is called the "first Beilan Island Incident," wherein a massive explosion in an artifact on the aforementioned island created an explosion and fallout which irradiated most arable land and indirectly touched off World War III.

T-Doll technology was developed because the population loss and attendant economic crisis was so great that a number of social functions had to be taken up by easily replaceable automated labor. Among these tasks were domestic automata which were designed to look seamlessly human, and which were networked into a global wireless cloud from which they could draw upon a range of behavior algorithms to mimic human behavior (down the to the point of getting blackout drunk).

As for why M4 reacts in such a human manner, well, revealing that would spoil a whole bunch of stuff.

I only play games like chess or backgammon on the phone. You do not have controls to properly play a game like this on android/ios.
So the world is iradiated. How unimaginative! As always life beats film. The world is uninhabited thanks to depopulation as result of feminism and ww3 is caused by induced famineas a result of measure under the pretense of a pandemics like we have right now no one imagined...
About that part in the case of depopulation you do not need so many jobs replacements. I mean you may need machines to do shipments (like drones) but apart from that not really. What you suggest is maintaining a supermarket for 20 people. That is not really feasible.

And about my sense of aesthetics: you do not like Kristann Loken?
Jan 7, 2022 11:06 PM

Apr 2013
10/10 on ep1 insta the op and ed slaps.
UiaiJan 7, 2022 11:30 PM
Jan 7, 2022 11:30 PM
May 2021
Not really into it with the first episode. The only reason I'll give it one or two more are M16A1 and Gentiane.

Don't judge me.
Jan 7, 2022 11:57 PM

Apr 2021
Added this to the list since I got intrigued because it's the game Girls' Frontline. Though had only low expectations on this. Decided back then that I will try its first ep to see how it goes. It isn't that good but it isn't bad as well.

Verdict: Will continue to witness the upcoming episodes since it can have some potentials.

Jan 8, 2022 12:12 AM

Feb 2018
redcobra said:
Alright, thanks for the answer sir
Jan 8, 2022 12:34 AM

Apr 2011
Syureria said:
redcobra said:
Alright, thanks for the answer sir

But it's still wrong. Majority of dolls have own names, but they don't use them in Griffin so human staff does not get attached that easily
Tenzen12Jan 8, 2022 12:37 AM
Jan 8, 2022 1:39 AM

Feb 2018
Tenzen12 said:
But it's still wrong. Majority of dolls have own names, but they don't use them in Griffin so human staff does not get attached that easily
noted, thanks sir :")
Jan 8, 2022 1:50 AM
Jan 2022
Akumaru03 said:
I'm very sad that many chose to drop this anime and give it a 1. This show has potential, and this is just the first episode. I fricking hope this anime gets better, watching people hate on it it hurts my soul.
Don't understnd what people actually wanted, when there is action on first episode they said they suddenly thrown without many infos about the anime's world, but when it's mostly about anime's world, people would called it plain boring episode
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Dolls' Frontline Episode 5 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 4, 2022

20 by EmiFumiko »»
Mar 29, 11:33 AM

Poll: » Dolls' Frontline Episode 3 Discussion

Stark700 - Jan 21, 2022

37 by EmiFumiko »»
Mar 1, 6:54 AM

Poll: » Dolls' Frontline Episode 12 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 25, 2022

40 by bushman66 »»
Aug 7, 2023 6:03 PM

Poll: » Dolls' Frontline Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 14, 2022

61 by bushman66 »»
Aug 6, 2023 4:59 PM

» Why is the title Doll's Frontline

LeviLeads - Apr 8, 2021

11 by PhilTheStampede »»
Jun 22, 2023 11:53 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.