Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
The World's Finest Assassin Gets Reincarnated in Another World as an Aristocrat (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Oct 6, 2021 11:57 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Hmm that was quite the unique opening. What a setting to start out with though. A auction selling girls to the nobles. Still it presented an excellent stage to introduce the main cast. Tarte and Dia's disguises were perfect. Their first fight was brutally effective. The other fight back in the real world im guessing was also pretty fun. The maneuver to fool the drone sure was creative. But the hands on training after sure was a tense one. But the organization's plan to rid themselves of their top assassin and stop his retirement sure was a drastic one. Still what a way to be reincarnated into another world though. Overall an excellent opening ep that featured a nice blend of action and lore expansion with the weaving of modern day with alt world actions being especially well done. Yukari's portrayal of the goddess sure was entertaining. Still the overall goal in the end sure was a surprise.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 6, 2021 12:15 PM

Feb 2019
Really really solid first episode. I think this one will be a lot more positively received than redo lol. The premise is interesting, MC is cool and it looks like we’ve got some 3D chess with the characters being used as pawns by the goddess. Can’t wait to see where this goes.
Oct 6, 2021 12:33 PM
Mar 2021
The standard how i got isekaied episode was good. The opening was a banger.
Oct 6, 2021 12:54 PM

May 2021
Was looking forward to this and it did not disappoint! Great visuals and I really like the MC’s personality and skill. They went very overboard when trying to kill Lugh though xD. Let’s see how he fares in another world. Looking forward to the next episode!
AISHITERU...REM!
Oct 6, 2021 1:09 PM
Sep 2012
Good first episode.
It's so weird that a title with such absurd title could be actually entertaining
Oct 6, 2021 1:10 PM

Apr 2020
When John Wick gets isekai'd
Oct 6, 2021 1:12 PM
Ero Ojisan

Jun 2019
Not a bad start. As soon as the girls were about to be sold off, the assassins come in a saved the day. We also got a flashback to when MC was assassinated in the real world, but brought back to life to another world of swords and magic by a goddess. The visuals look nice and I like the fact they can use guns in addition to standard weapons and magic. I wonder what the hero has done to piss off the goddess to a point where she had reincarnate a fallen hit man.
Oct 6, 2021 1:22 PM

Feb 2021
80% of the episode was anime original, I really liked the scene where he teaches his assistant a lesson, that wasn't in the LNs but it makes you learn better who Lugh actually is.

Well if they are gonna put this much original stuff on it they better improve the original source material, because the narrative kinda gets boring after some chapters.

The OP was such a surprise, it feels like every show this season has a good opening.
I'm looking forward to next episode because my favorite moments from the LN happens in those initial chapters that will probably be covered in the next episode.
Oct 6, 2021 1:29 PM

Feb 2014
I wasn't expecting the episode to start off the the OP right away, but it was a pretty good one at that, both the song and the production values put into it.

The setting where we see girls who're captured from destroyed villages and sold off to rich snobs like slaves doesn't make for an easy viewing for some, but at least it didn't last for long as the assassin group got into action and slaughtered everyone left and right. We even got some nice fanservice shots of the blonde assassin's underwear during her fight, which was a nice touch. =P

As for the MC himself, we see him sniping for a bit before the episode delves into his backstory of his previous life back on Earth as an old assassin, making easy work of his job and putting his newbie assistant in her place. However, he ended up getting killed on a plane before being saved by a rather sadistic looking goddess, who wants him to kill a hero in the fantasy world that he'll be reincarnating in.

Overall, I'm rather impressed with this first episode. Solid OP/ED songs, production values are very good, even the CGI used as well and we had some bonus fanservice shots, too. I'm not expecting this series to be amazing whatsoever, but on this first impression, I think it'll be a good ride for this season. =)
Oct 6, 2021 1:40 PM
Jul 2021
Damn, I was really confused at first because I thought it was two teams taking down the same organization from different sides. I knew the young guy is the MC, so when they started showing the other guy I'm like why are they spending SOO much time on this old guy who's retiring?? But then when he died and they said he was going to a world of magic I realized what was going on. Usually they show the guy dying and then in the new world. Was an interesting take on it, I REALLY loved the animation, even the CG looked cool. The guns were sick, the magic looked cool, the women were drawn fantastically and looked sexy especially that Goddess! She is sinister as hell, and there is soo much intrigue in this show, I figured he'd do something badass at the beginning and then it'd just be a standard Isekai with a badass assassin trying to get along with Aristocrats that he couldn't stand and learning to live that way. But now he's actually sent by the GODDESS to kill the HERO?! What an interesting plot, and who would expect the Goddess to want a Hero to die. I wonder if the Hero is actually a good guy or if he's only a 'hero' in title and actually does a bunch of evil things in the name of his title like we saw in Tsukimichi. Or is Lugh going to be the bad guy. Either way I'm all in! However I REALLY hope it stays good, because the last time in recent memory that an anime had a badass episode 1 with Soo much intrigue and great animation was the Detective is Already Dead. That show had GREAT Animation, an intriguing storyline that I was fully invested in and then at least for me it went from a top tier show to a very average show and I was soo disappointed 😞.
Oct 6, 2021 1:42 PM

Apr 2015
A pretty promising start... not only did it start of with a girl auction in the fantasy world, quickly followed by MC's background as he and probably 200+ other passengers were killed in a "plane accident". Killing a lot of people just to get rid of one dangerous assassin, overkill much...

Visuals are pretty good, I did like the bloodbath in the fantasy world. Those nasty men just had to go. Also, having chants that are basically the English words spelled backwards feels really cheap, yet at the same time it's so simple and probably easier to remember.

Name of the MC is a pain in the butt, but luckily we can just refer to one part of his name, otherwise I am gonna struggle remembering the name.
Oct 6, 2021 1:42 PM

Apr 2018
Can't wait for 12-year-olds moaning about an "adult" flirting with teenage girls in the future
Oct 6, 2021 1:43 PM
Jul 2021
MadanielFL said:
80% of the episode was anime original, I really liked the scene where he teaches his assistant a lesson, that wasn't in the LNs but it makes you learn better who Lugh actually is.

Well if they are gonna put this much original stuff on it they better improve the original source material, because the narrative kinda gets boring after some chapters.

The OP was such a surprise, it feels like every show this season has a good opening.
I'm looking forward to next episode because my favorite moments from the LN happens in those initial chapters that will probably be covered in the next episode.

Just out of curiosity, if you can do a spoiler tag or whatever, is the hero who the Goddess wants to die a good guy? And yeah I really LOVED that 'lesson' he taught to the rookie, it was soo cool like some James Bond or MI stuff but darker. To the point that I almost wished that his trainee would get reincarnated with him to be around and learn further lessons. I seriously hope if not he at least gets someone like that, that he can have those kind of interactions with.
Oct 6, 2021 2:21 PM

Oct 2015
As I though this one will be better in anime medium. Cant wait for more
Oct 6, 2021 2:33 PM

Feb 2021
DKDiabloLicht said:
MadanielFL said:

Just out of curiosity, if you can do a spoiler tag or whatever, is the hero who the Goddess wants to die a good guy? And yeah I really LOVED that 'lesson' he taught to the rookie, it was soo cool like some James Bond or MI stuff but darker. To the point that I almost wished that his trainee would get reincarnated with him to be around and learn further lessons. I seriously hope if not he at least gets someone like that, that he can have those kind of interactions with.
The assistant was a totally anime only character, in the LN Lugh is by himself on the plane when he dies, and that whole mission we saw in the episode never happened in the LNs too.

As for the hero
Oct 6, 2021 2:35 PM
Jul 2021
MadanielFL said:
DKDiabloLicht said:

The assistant was a totally anime only character, in the LN Lugh is by himself on the plane when he dies, and that whole mission we saw in the episode never happened in the LNs too.

As for the hero

Awesome thanks, I don't mind following the bad guy, or the good guy, as long as it's a great story. But I'm definitely really intrigued
Oct 6, 2021 2:42 PM

May 2018
Great first episode. I like the assassin guy a lot already
Oct 6, 2021 3:24 PM
Oct 2021
It bring me confidence that this anime will be on my number 1 this season with Komi but The OP is soo GOOOOD you know that XD cant wait for next episode
At first I dont know that Ueshama will voiced this anime, this made me more excited XD
leuzinOct 6, 2021 3:29 PM
Oct 6, 2021 3:41 PM

Sep 2018
This time it's an old man lmaooooo. These chicks will be drooling all over him eventually, what they won't know is that they're craving old man cack lol
Oct 6, 2021 3:52 PM
Apr 2021
I guess I shouldn't be surprised that the redo of healer author doesn't understand the spy thriller genre
after all he barely understands the isekai genre

this triggers me because I love spies. Before I got into anime I used to binge James Bond, Mission Impossible, and even as a little kid spy-related Saturday cartoons. This is just bad. Abysmal. Kill it with fire
Oct 6, 2021 3:58 PM
Mar 2018
THE OEPNING IS FUCKING FIRE. visuals are crazy unique and smooth
Oct 6, 2021 4:28 PM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
awe man do i love bad ass girls, action and fanservice
Oct 6, 2021 4:29 PM

Jun 2020
To reiterate, Ive read the manga, and it’s dope af. I’ll write more later, but the MC is a chad. If you’re tried with the beta cuck MC trope. Where he gets terrified of a girl touches him, or gets nose bleeds when he sees a naked girl. Where he is weak in the beginning, and then gets stronger later but still has some beta in him. If you’re sick with that theme then you will love this anime. The MC is savage af, but has a good moral compass. i.e. he saves a girl who is in a nightmare situation. She was in such dire situation I was screaming inside, “we must protecc”. Anyway If you have any questions feel free to ask and I’ll try to answer best I can.
Oct 6, 2021 4:29 PM

Jul 2019
It was captivating enough for the good chunk of the episode. Then, there was the reincarnation. Well, let's see what happens I guess.

-[ ~♫~ ll Credit ]-
Oct 6, 2021 4:40 PM
Sep 2021
There's no S*x scenes/Ecchi scenes here, but we will see some fanservice but not that much,This the story of a Assassin who gets reincarnated to kill the Overpowered hero,this anime also have a Goodplot, the mc isn't overpowered he's just a Smart person Anti-hero mc, well balanced
Oct 6, 2021 4:47 PM
Jun 2021
so, why the title is so long? 😂 i need a shortform
Oct 6, 2021 5:11 PM

Jul 2016
Better than i thought it will be
Oct 6, 2021 5:15 PM
Jul 2019
Pretty decent first episode. But keeping my hopes as low as possible
Oct 6, 2021 5:29 PM

Oct 2019
I didn't read the LN, but I'd say THIS is alot better compared to the
manga. Kudos to the production team.
andrearionaOct 6, 2021 5:33 PM
Oct 6, 2021 6:15 PM
Panzer Vor!

Jun 2014
Very fun start, way better than i expected, it will be a fun ride certainly.
Oct 6, 2021 6:47 PM
Jul 2018
new Show, from the same creator of Kaifuku, but this show starts already shown the incarnated protagonist is right after that shows him older in another world is how he died, although the way he died is very different from others show, high expectations for the next episodes.
Oct 6, 2021 7:45 PM

Dec 2014
I kinda have no opinion on this, it's pretty much just another Isekai with an OP MC, fun to watch but I expect that I won't remember it all that much after I'm done with it.
Oct 6, 2021 8:05 PM

Jan 2011
this was fine by Isekai standards felt like i needed to be half my age to enjoy the "coolness" of all the badass action man stuff happening ,i know their assassins but something about a bunch of kids just murdering a ton of scumlords is kinda silly why are they so young

unless there's gonna be more cuts to his past life i don't see how this is any different than OP MC with guns -magic guns in a fantasy world
Oct 6, 2021 8:08 PM
🦆👑

Jan 2020
It's better than I thought considering it's the same guy as redo of healer (and I don't like that series)

The opening was fantastic lol. Perfect visuals and a unique song. I wasn't expecting anything of the sort

Oct 6, 2021 8:21 PM

Oct 2008
I will be kinda honest here... I don't feel that much attach to this anime as I was expecting...
I think the first ep doesn't correspond to the feelings that I wanted vs the ones I got from it.

I was hoping for a more Goblin Slayer approach: tough guy, with unique assassination methods, in a demand for something that he wanted. The feelings that I got was (at first) another isekai full of magic (not a bad thing, ok. I just was expecting something different), then an old guy, master of his job, with a rookie, preparing for their next step in life (that it was obvious that it will never come because "isekai" -.-), then the guy was betrayed for no reason, the rookie's gone (just because that's a jobber's job), and the Isekai part begins.
The feeling that I ended up was "REVENGE!!!" "I want the whole organization to PERISH!! AT MY/HIS HANDS!!", and instead of that, the dam goddess give him the lamest job ever (kill a f+cking hero), making it obvious that the "revenge" feeling that I was forced to feel will never be fulfilled!

Disapointed! This 1st ep was very disappointing! Even more, after I read some comments, and find that the only character that I cared about/feel related to, was not even in the manga (the rookie).

Dumb 1st ep... Hopefully, they will make the second one MUCH better! I will really hate to drop this! Especially with one of the subjects that I most like, Assassins!
For the ones that like to bother others (like me) with "you should read the manga/LN", please stop. I don't read mangas, I will NOT read mangas, I will not listen to what manga readers complain in adaptation to the anime counterpart, I only watch anime except in very few and specific situations.
Oct 6, 2021 8:35 PM

Jul 2013
a fine start. i don't usually watch Isekai but let's see how this one goes.
Oct 6, 2021 8:49 PM

Jul 2014
Damn, that was awesome! Starting with those badass girls and then the assassin's backstory. I feel bad for his partner though, I hope she's been reincarnated too.

The Goddess is hilarious, listening to Yukari Tamura talk like that was too funny. Now, it's interesting why she chose him to reincarnate, but judging by the OP I don't think he's going to be on her side.

Even the OP is great WTF! Looking forward to more.
Oct 6, 2021 9:45 PM
Aug 2019
I didn't got that the old man was the protagonist until the end lol. I feel dumb
Oct 6, 2021 10:13 PM

Dec 2020
watching this without reading the synopsis first was quite a ride lmao. at first i thought the girl was getting into a forced marriage, then it was a human auction, then suddenly we're magical assasins😭😭 truly amazing

not really into it tbh but an older guy mc? like Old old not a 40 y/o neet
Oct 6, 2021 10:38 PM

Dec 2014
The first episode sound stupid to me.

When the female partner ask him why don't he kill off all key member of mafia, he said he is not a hero.

Now when the airplane was hijacked, the first thing he do was acting as hero trying to save everyone instead of getting a parachute to save himself even if there is a slim chance to survive.

What a contradicting stupid plot to get the story going.
I'd rather a stupid truck-kun.
Signature removed. Check your inbox
Oct 6, 2021 10:39 PM
Mar 2018
Swagernator said:
Can we please stop with these stupid names for main characters ? "Lugh Tuatha Dé" who the fuck is supposed to remember a name like that, Jesus wept.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lugh

idk what you're on about but saying that's a stupid name is an insult to Irish people. That's like calling Cu Chulain/Fionn Mac Cumhaill a stupid name also
Oct 6, 2021 10:47 PM
Apr 2020
r_justo said:
I will be kinda honest here... I don't feel that much attach to this anime as I was expecting...
I think the first ep doesn't correspond to the feelings that I wanted vs the ones I got from it.

I was hoping for a more Goblin Slayer approach: tough guy, with unique assassination methods, in a demand for something that he wanted. The feelings that I got was (at first) another isekai full of magic (not a bad thing, ok. I just was expecting something different), then an old guy, master of his job, with a rookie, preparing for their next step in life (that it was obvious that it will never come because "isekai" -.-), then the guy was betrayed for no reason, the rookie's gone (just because that's a jobber's job), and the Isekai part begins.
The feeling that I ended up was "REVENGE!!!" "I want the whole organization to PERISH!! AT MY/HIS HANDS!!", and instead of that, the dam goddess give him the lamest job ever (kill a f+cking hero), making it obvious that the "revenge" feeling that I was forced to feel will never be fulfilled!

Disapointed! This 1st ep was very disappointing! Even more, after I read some comments, and find that the only character that I cared about/feel related to, was not even in the manga (the rookie).

Dumb 1st ep... Hopefully, they will make the second one MUCH better! I will really hate to drop this! Especially with one of the subjects that I most like, Assassins!
just drop then if it's not like gomblin slayer lol.
r_justo said:

just drop it then if it's not like goblin slayertype of anime simple as that lol😂
Oct 6, 2021 10:48 PM
Oct 2021
aLotQuestion_ said:

Now when the airplane was hijacked, the first thing he do was acting as hero trying to save everyone instead of getting a parachute to save himself even if there is a slim chance to survive.

Hey siri, does commercial planes have parachute?
Oct 6, 2021 10:55 PM
Jul 2020
It's a great anime 👌
Do recomandation hell yeah 👍
Oct 6, 2021 10:58 PM
Mar 2018
voydaleltevusra said:
aLotQuestion_ said:

Hey siri, does commercial planes have parachute?

https://www.cntraveler.com/story/why-commercial-airlines-dont-have-parachutes-for-passengers

Nope, cuz its stupid, suicidal and you're guaranteed to kill yourself even if you have a parachute. So the MC's decision to try to save the airplane first was actually the best option at that time.
Oct 6, 2021 11:44 PM

May 2010
Misumi Makoto: Curses that bit*hy megami sending John Wick after me!
Oct 6, 2021 11:45 PM

Oct 2008
oh nice! this is quite good! i like the setup of the plot! from modern warfare assassin to fantasy...kinda like reverse but let's see!
5/5.

Oct 7, 2021 12:01 AM

May 2012
THis anime feels like Isekai version of Golgo13

First episode is best so far in this season. I llike that assassin guy
Oct 7, 2021 12:26 AM

Dec 2020
Fluxje said:
Not sure what kind of girls the original author has met in his life, but 145 cm AND 38 KG?!?!!
Defitinely not perfect health.
They're still young so it's kinda make sense

Edit: Kinda, I obviously don't know how "heavy" (Idk how to call it, English my third language) young girl is and I'm don't want to google search it
AndrekrepOct 7, 2021 12:30 AM
Oct 7, 2021 12:38 AM

Apr 2016
Wolfnagi10 said:
idk what you're on about but saying that's a stupid name is an insult to Irish people. That's like calling Cu Chulain/Fionn Mac Cumhaill a stupid name also

Those are stupid names too.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sekai Saikou no Ansatsusha, Isekai Kizoku ni Tensei suru Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 22, 2021

228 by Ricky16 »»
Oct 7, 11:12 AM

Poll: » Sekai Saikou no Ansatsusha, Isekai Kizoku ni Tensei suru Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 15, 2021

111 by Code0018 »»
Sep 24, 12:14 AM

Poll: » Sekai Saikou no Ansatsusha, Isekai Kizoku ni Tensei suru Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 24, 2021

126 by Code0018 »»
Sep 18, 12:23 AM

Poll: » Sekai Saikou no Ansatsusha, Isekai Kizoku ni Tensei suru Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 17, 2021

152 by Code0018 »»
Sep 17, 12:01 AM

Poll: » Sekai Saikou no Ansatsusha, Isekai Kizoku ni Tensei suru Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 8, 2021

136 by zcv45 »»
Sep 16, 12:32 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.