Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Mar 19, 2016 5:25 PM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Vegeta's determination impresses me this episode.

About time he gets into a real fight with that Frost punk and in SSJ form too. Lol, the fight was rather fast, perhaps way faster than I had expected.

Magetta vs Vegeta turned out to be more explosive than I had thought. RIP ring
Stark700Mar 19, 2016 5:28 PM
Mar 19, 2016 5:27 PM
Jul 2018
Frost gets BTFO: The Episode.

Seriously, I wonder what Hit did to him. It looks like he absorbed his power or something to me. Also Vegeta final flash incoming next week finally.
Mar 19, 2016 5:28 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Looks like they're letting Goku fight again so I'm assuming they'll have him go last somehow against Hit

Vegeta fucked Frost up like I expected but holy fuck wtf did Hit do to him O_O
Mar 19, 2016 5:31 PM
May 2012
I find it quite annoying that Vegeta can't withstand the heat coming from Magetta even though he trained for 3 years in the room of spirit and time which has a much higher temperature!
Mar 19, 2016 5:51 PM
Jul 2018
Tokoya said:
Looks like they're letting Goku fight again so I'm assuming they'll have him go last somehow against Hit

Vegeta fucked Frost up like I expected but holy fuck wtf did Hit do to him O_O

Goku is going before Monaka.
Mar 19, 2016 7:07 PM

Jan 2013
Looks like Piccolo ain't mad at Vegeta, he warned and adviced him of Frost's abilities.

As expected, Vegeta's obesession on defeating Frieza wannabes is off charts. He literally one punched him and took all credit from Piccolo. Never the less, this episode was saved by Magetta. I like him and the fight had good animation and action.

Frost is just like any other Arcosian, trying to steal out money and run away. Hit is there to save the day. I wonder though, does hit work with Vados?

4/5, great episode.
Mar 19, 2016 7:08 PM

Jan 2013
AdiiL said:
I find it quite annoying that Vegeta can't withstand the heat coming from Magetta even though he trained for 3 years in the room of spirit and time which has a much higher temperature!
We don't know its higher.. That heat is coming from one of the strongest warriors in Universe 6 after all. also the space is extremely limited and small.
Mar 19, 2016 8:14 PM

Jul 2015
I found it hilarious how vegeta ended frost with one punch. And then frost got killed by purple dude. Good thing goku us back in the fight. Still kind of funny how beerus is trying to save monaka for last. I'm assuming he's weak and maybe just threw him in there or the complete opposite since Whis asks beerus why he's still hiding monaka's identity. That heat though.
Mar 19, 2016 9:07 PM

Jan 2016
Beerus protecting Monaka that much... He probably isn't what Goku expects to be :v And hey, Magetta surprised me xD I expected him to be defeated easily but it seems he can handle a Super Saiyan unlike Frost :P

And hey, if Vegeta cannot resist lava heat easily... Is it safe to assume saiyans can die in planetary explosions no matter how strong they are? That would make sense even for non-canon things like Broly dying in the Sun xD
THANKS SENPIEX
Mar 19, 2016 9:11 PM

May 2015
Now I’m more curious about Monaka... If what Whis sayed was true and by the reaction of Beerus I’m assuming is true, why you waste a spot in the roster by having him?! Unless he is a wild card in terms of battle potential... Guess we are going to find out sooner or later...

Now my interest for Hit has risen he rekt Frost and by the looks of the attack was either a psychic type or a dimension distortion type of attack or maybe I’m wrong either way he is a dangerous foe and if he has dangerous hand to hand combat skills how you defeat him?
Mar 20, 2016 12:20 AM

Jan 2016
Roy_Focker said:
Now my interest for Hit has risen he rekt Frost and by the looks of the attack was either a psychic type or a dimension distortion type of attack or maybe I’m wrong either way he is a dangerous foe and if he has dangerous hand to hand combat skills how you defeat him?

He's really mysterious, that attack seemed to have drained Frost's energy... But what gets my attention is the fact he is not surprised in the slightest with the tournament's progress xD
THANKS SENPIEX
Mar 20, 2016 12:44 AM

May 2015
Floyd_ said:
He's really mysterious, that attack seemed to have drained Frost's energy... But what gets my attention is the fact he is not surprised in the slightest with the tournament's progress xD
Yeah, that was the first thing that I perceived since the tournament began... his lack of reaction to the tournament, granted Son nor Vegeta have shown their Super Saiyan God 2 form, maybe that would pike his interest or made him react who knows but one thing is sure the lack of reaction and that mysterious power shown when he was dealing with Frost and the ones that we don’t know makes him a real threat in the tournament. I said tournament for now because it is not made clear at this point that he is a threat outside the competition or that he is villain…
Mar 20, 2016 1:13 AM

Jan 2016
Roy_Focker said:
Yeah, that was the first thing that I perceived since the tournament began... his lack of reaction to the tournament, granted Son nor Vegeta have shown their Super Saiyan God 2 form, maybe that would pike his interest or made him react who knows but one thing is sure the lack of reaction and that mysterious power shown when he was dealing with Frost and the ones that we don’t know makes him a real threat in the tournament. I said tournament for now because it is not made clear at this point that he is a threat outside the competition or that he is villain…

But I don't get it... Are Goku and Vegeta fighting with at least half their powers now? This regular SSJ-SSJ Blue thing confused me the first time I saw Goku going SSJ after gaining two God forms xD Because what I don't truly get is how strong they are in their base form without Godly ki :P We see Vegeta having some trouble with Magetta now, to the point he needs just SSJ and not SSJ Blue
THANKS SENPIEX
Mar 20, 2016 1:32 AM

May 2015
Floyd_ said:
But I don't get it... Are Goku and Vegeta fighting with at least half their powers now? This regular SSJ-SSJ Blue thing confused me the first time I saw Goku going SSJ after gaining two God forms xD Because what I don't truly get is how strong they are in their base form without Godly ki :P We see Vegeta having some trouble with Magetta now, to the point he needs just SSJ and not SSJ Blue
Other than buying time for more chapters/episodes depending the media (manga or anime) and rising the tension (for us the viewers) Goku & Vegeta aren’t displaying their true powers because the enemy doesn’t require them to do so that is why they are fighting in SSj form at the moment imagine if they go all out from the beginning (they cruise the hole tournament until Champa or one of the strongest players said this is as far as you go) and for us the viewers frankly speaking would be pretty boring…

Now to answer your question Vegeta is having trouble with Robot-kun because he wants to, he doesn’t see Magetta as a worthy opponent thus that is why he is in SSJ form maybe in the next episode Tin Can-kun makes The prince of all saying say that is enough and goes Super Saiyan God 2 (I doubt it) remember fighting shows are in some kind of way similar to wrestling you have to make your opponents look good in that way the audience doesn’t loses interest in the show until the main event arrive and that is what both Goku & Vegeta are doing at the moment (because the narrative of the show requires them to be like that at the moment)…
Roy_FockerMar 20, 2016 10:50 AM
Mar 20, 2016 2:47 AM

Jun 2012
Champa helped Mangeta with that new barrier. Cheating bastard.
Mar 20, 2016 3:37 AM

Aug 2014
Fights like always suck. But Vados... I like her more with every next ep... She is also hot...
Mar 20, 2016 12:13 PM

Mar 2013
Another shitty ep
Why can't Vegeta go SSB ? Why can't he withstand the heat ?
So much BS 1/5
Mar 20, 2016 1:23 PM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
Horizon355 said:
Another shitty ep
Why can't Vegeta go SSB ? Why can't he withstand the heat ?
So much BS 1/5

Well we're talking about a robot that spits lava, which is very hot. Imagine how hot the ring must be, no way for the heat to leave. Vegeta's pretty much in a scorching sauna that is making him tire out.

Hit destroyed Frost, that move he used looked sick. It made lots of holes in Frost's body but somehow he didn't have them a few seconds after. Mysterious move from Hit regardless.

And it's confirmed, Goku's back in the game. I gotta agree with Beerus, Monaka has to go last. Gotta close the tournament with the ace.

Mar 20, 2016 1:37 PM
Jul 2018
Frost got owned by Vegeta so badly!

Goku is able to go back to the match!

I have to agree with Beerus, Monoka has to go last!
Mar 20, 2016 1:45 PM
Mar 2008
DBS is still a crappy joke. I cant facepalm enough to this............whatever its trying to be.
Bejiita destroyed Frost, as expected, but what the hell was the point on going SSJ when he could as well destroy him almost as fast as he did in normal-mode?
Why the hell was Frost in the seat after Hit destroyed him without anybody reacting to him? Not even Champa reacted.
What the hell is the point on treating the fights like a damn wrestling match just to make a show? From SonGoku i somewhat expect for him to play around a bit but Bejiita? Just no, he is just embarassing himself doing so, especially after the one punch against Frost. Now he is playing with the Robot from "Iron Giant"..............i am speechless.
Until now, only Hit remains somehwat ok and the animation in this episode wasnt as bad but anything else? In the end i wouldnt even be surprised if Monaka cant do anything at all and thats why Beereus insisted for SonGoku to fight before Monaka.........stupid...
Mar 20, 2016 1:59 PM
Apr 2014
Heating up the atmosphere huh? pretty original power.
Goku and Vegeta are taking so much pitty on these scrubs, it's unbelievable, they won't even whip out anything beyond SSJ.
I find it funny how Beerus is making a big deal out of Monaka destroying a planet when most of the cast is a planet buster anyway.
Still gotta give U6 props for even being able to keep up with base form Goku and Vegeta post SSJ god and 3 years in the chamber.
Next episode final flash, of course though it won't have the amazing animation the original one had.
Mar 20, 2016 2:01 PM
Mar 2016
Hey guys. First post. I really liked this episode. Vegeta is finally getting the attention he deserves. First, Frost had it coming. It was only natural for Vegeta to finish him quickly. If it wasn't a tournament I believe he would have killed him.

Second, Hit is most likely a bounty hunter. The way Frost was talking it sounded like people hire him to kill others. Reminds me of Janemba. He laid some type of demension attack on Frost. Should be interesting in the upcoming episodes.

Overall, I'm enjoying the series. I don't really care about the animation. Dragonball is Dragonball. Although it's gotten much better.
Mar 20, 2016 2:10 PM

Mar 2014
the lack of Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan annoys me, they are just wasting time on weak opponents (the 6th participants at least should be less on par of Golden Freezer's strenght), well hope it gets better when they fight that purple dude.
Mar 20, 2016 2:11 PM

Aug 2015
Whelp, looks like Vegeta's going to lose next episode :( really hoped he would've had more fights where he's winning

Mar 20, 2016 4:09 PM

Aug 2009
Vegeta channels his inner One-Punch Man.

Hit, despite the supremely lame and creatively bereft name, looks like he could have some interesting moments coming up. That takedown of Frost was hardcore. And after so much time, they finally addressed Goku’s disqualification from the tournament! Took Beerus long enough to look for the wound from Frost’s needle.

As for the fight with the tin man robot thing. So gimmicky.

Could you guys just do this for all your problems, and leave us alone?
Mar 20, 2016 4:35 PM

Feb 2013
Frost didn't even last taking one hit,lol.
Lol,they made that barrier around the ring to increase the heat inside and make Vegeta have a hard time, but he won't lose.
Mar 20, 2016 4:48 PM

Jan 2015
Well, that was fast Vegeta...
I think that Vegeta can handle the heat because of that preparation he made to become stronger, where he stood still in the same place with sun and rain for several days. And he is Vegeta... he can handle everything...
Mar 20, 2016 5:00 PM

Aug 2008
Anybody else catch that next episode is titled Vegeta's Explosion of Anger? The episode Goku first goes super saiyan is titled Explosion of Anger as well if you remember.
I wonder if Vegeta is going to end up going SS God, though with how they're hiding their true power to make the matches more enjoyable I dunno if I see that happening but who knows.

@MahadoKusanagi, Vegeta doesn't play around? Are you even watching the same show? When he knows he has the power or at least thinks he does Vegeta definitely plays around just as much as Goku thanks to his arrogance. Maybe you skipped the whole android and cell sagas when Vegeta kept stepping up to fight the androids thinking they were trash until 17 & 18 showed up and beat his arrogance back into him, or you know when he did the same to Cell and purposely let him power up after beating the snot out of him first, or hell even in the Namek and Frieza saga when he was believing in himself to be the Super Saiyan while talking smack and starting off against everyone strong before getting shown up.

Only difference is now Vegeta seems to be a tad more restrained in his arrogance and more about getting the job done even if he's only amping his power up step by step to do it when he feels his current forms not sufficient. But I digress.

At this rate the trapped in hot air from the lava is gonna mess him up pretty bad anyway. So lets see what he has up his sleeve.

Not surprised about Goku being thrown backinto the matches due to the foul play, but hopefully Vegeta hangs on a bit longer. I want to see Vegeta vs Cabba before Goku shows off the same ol' thing.

Anyway can't wait for the next ep~
Mar 20, 2016 5:14 PM

Jan 2009
the 1 week break did help to improve this weeks episodes animation, i hope this decent animation quality will become the norm now

and lol Frost got knocked out by Hit with an unknown power, i dont think Frost is killed though

and im glad Goku can fight again, might be that Goku vs Hit will be the final match
Mar 20, 2016 7:34 PM

Apr 2014
Yeah, Goku is back.
Mar 20, 2016 7:41 PM

Jan 2012
Heh, nice ownage of Frost by Vegeta. Though Magetta's proving more capable. So Goku can fight again eh? Not too shocking really. So is Monaka really super weak or??? Most mysterious indeed...
Mar 20, 2016 7:41 PM

Jan 2016
Lol, can the cube even move without someone moving it? XD
I would be pissed off too if I had to fight a robot in extreme heat, mess that robot up Vegeta!
My main hope is for the saiyan v saiyan fight, presuming Hit is the anchor, hope vegeta wins this and gets to fight, lose, than goku fight :D
This arc (anime) so fun
nipple boy and illusion man both are unknown to us #HYPE

Mar 20, 2016 8:58 PM

Jan 2015
Nice episode. Vegeta one-punched Frost XD
And he did indeed look really cool!

Magetta has a big advantage over Vegeta here with that new barrier rule.
The barrier has limited his movement and he can't kill the opponent so he has to keep his power under control. By the preview, it looks like he is in a tight spot. I hope he doesn't end up destroying Magetta and getting disqualified.
I hope Vegeta can persevere.

My interest in Hit has increased further. I wonder what technique he used there to deal with Frost. And he is a Hitman! Interesting.
Mar 20, 2016 9:01 PM

Feb 2016
What is monaka true color?
Mar 20, 2016 9:27 PM
Jun 2009
This episode suffered from very lazy writing. It is either disingenuous or the writers don't get Vegeta's personality at all.

It starts as expected and he instagib Frost but then, dropping the SSJ transformation for the second fight and all that makes no sense whatsoever, I dare say he should've gone Blue-Mode from the getgo. Vegeta was always the type to go all out and finish the opponent instantly. There were many times he did this back in Z. In this episode he adopts the Goku-role of starting slow and stretching the episode long and thin. Pretty disappointing.
Mar 20, 2016 9:40 PM
Mar 2016
Finally. My favorite move is being redone. FINAL FLASH!!!! Vegeta's most epic move and one of the most epic moves in Dragon Ball Z history.
Mar 20, 2016 9:49 PM

Feb 2009
I was waiting for major beat down, then again no need to waste time on that loser.
Magetta poses the same problem as that bear., so Vegeta will have to use his head the way Goku did. If Magetta can't fly I advised destroying the ring under his feet!
Mar 21, 2016 12:13 AM

Jun 2015
Pretty epic ep. Vegeta badass as always.

Wonder what beerus is hiding bout' monaka, i don't think he's that strong.

Shit bout' to go down in the next ep.
Mar 21, 2016 12:58 AM

Aug 2011
What I came to see, Vegeta!!!!! Love it
Mar 21, 2016 4:13 AM

Dec 2014
Vegeta owned ths episode
Mar 21, 2016 4:56 AM

Mar 2014
Fuck yeah, the love for the GOAT of Fiction this episode was delightful.

But c'mon, they made the Super Energy Wave Volley look like the lamest shit.

Dat Hit doe
Mar 21, 2016 7:24 AM

Dec 2014
Vegeta one shot Frost like a boss.

So is Monaka being strong just a ruse? Who is he actually?

Seems like Vegeta is having some difficulty against the Lava Monster.
Final Flash next episode? Awesome. I've been wanting to see that since forever.

Hit seems like an interesting character.
Mar 21, 2016 11:09 AM
Mar 2016
Beerus sleeping = Monaka meditating

Seems like Monaka is as powerful as Beerus says. He fought against Beerus which can only mean his level of power is that of a God. But as we've seen it's probably only in a certain state of being = Transformation. For instance why would he be meditating in the middle of the tournament. He is not wavered at all by being the clutch fighter. It seems like he's looking down to all the beings at the tournament by remaining emotionless. He doesn't care if his team mates win. Or even if the other team cheats. But the only one that has impressed him so far has been Goku.
CharuzuNoHadoMar 21, 2016 11:42 AM
Mar 21, 2016 12:35 PM

Apr 2014
Man, Vegeta beat the shit out of Frost fast.
Hit was the MVP lol and his attack is so mystery.
Vegeta need to power up more.
As for Manoka...my guess is that he is weak since he faint due to Goku's kamehameha.
Mar 21, 2016 4:31 PM

Feb 2015
Was an OK episode and I kind of like the big robot guy so far, but it still largely failed to impress me. That technique Hit used on Frost was somewhat intriguing, though.
Mar 21, 2016 6:08 PM

Oct 2011
Whoa HIT he rekted Frost OMG
Mar 21, 2016 11:52 PM
Jun 2011
hit attack make me wonder what his power. i hope he will fight against goku before go against monoka
Mar 22, 2016 3:01 AM

May 2015
Roy_Focker said:
Floyd_ said:
Other than buying time for more chapters/episodes depending the media (manga or anime) and rising the tension (for us the viewers) Goku & Vegeta aren’t displaying their true powers because the enemy doesn’t require them to do so that is why they are fighting in SSj form at the moment imagine if they go all out from the beginning (they cruise the hole tournament until Champa or one of the strongest players said this is as far as you go) and for us the viewers frankly speaking would be pretty boring…

Now to answer your question Vegeta is having trouble with Robot-kun because he wants to, he doesn’t see Magetta as a worthy opponent thus that is why he is in SSJ form maybe in the next episode Tin Can-kun makes The prince of all saying say that is enough and goes Super Saiyan God 2 (I doubt it) remember fighting shows are in some kind of way similar to wrestling you have to make your opponents look good in that way the audience doesn’t loses interest in the show until the main event arrive and that is what both Goku & Vegeta are doing at the moment (because the narrative of the show requires them to be like that at the moment)…
Well if they went to SSB directly, the entire saga would be over in a single episode, probably won't even last an entire episode, those that would be boring and we won't even get anything to begin with, so yeah, pretty much it falls under the "plot wise" also the manga got nothing to do with it, it's just a short version(like a summery) all of it's goal is to promote the anime, that is all there is to it.
Mar 22, 2016 3:04 AM

May 2015
Personally I can not believe how amazing the art and the animation were in this episode, Toei FINALLY stepped up in their game, or probably this already started episodes ago but I forgot lol anyway the animation was ridiculous, I hope this continues and I like that mystery assassin, am sure he's going to be one heck of an antagonist, I the newest unique antagonist since Majin Buu If we don't count Beerus in BoG I guess, anyway he have that vibe about him, I hope Toei won't screw it up, so far I was disappointed in the universe 6 team and in this Saga, but this one might make it up for, he sounded so OP maybe not even SSB would be enough to take him down, who knows xD anyway I loved how Vegeta kicked universe 6's Frieza ass LMAO, also the mystery about Monaka started to unfold in this episode which made me even more curious to know what's so about him! surely was a great episode, one of the best episodes in Super so far, also that Robot is seriously a trouble maker despite his looks, I wonder how Vegeta will deal with him.... hmm..... but anyway Finally seeing Vegeta in actual battle in Super for the 1st time since Super started.
Mar 22, 2016 3:07 AM

May 2015
Zollty said:
Fights like always suck. But Vados... I like her more with every next ep... She is also hot...
Vados is da best, personally I would love to see her kicking everyone's asses without breaking a sweet xD
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Dragon Ball Super Episode 37 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 2, 2016

100 by JVskunkape »»
6 hours ago

Poll: » Dragon Ball Super Episode 36 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 26, 2016

83 by JVskunkape »»
6 hours ago

» DBS English dub on BBC Iplayer (U.K.)

JVskunkape - Oct 2

14 by JVskunkape »»
9 hours ago

Poll: » Dragon Ball Super Episode 34 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 5, 2016

127 by JVskunkape »»
9 hours ago

Poll: » Dragon Ball Super Episode 33 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Hyack - Feb 27, 2016

126 by JVskunkape »»
9 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.