Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Apr 17, 2021 2:06 PM

Mar 2017
Vivy just got a badass upgrade! Now that she has a combat program we're getting some seriously awesome fight scenes. I can't wait to see more of that on her next mission. I wonder how long the time skip will be this time

Found the conclusion to this mission so sad. These people are creating AIs with something close to emotion but then treating them like inanimate objects.
Apr 17, 2021 2:29 PM
Jun 2020
This show has been amazing so far and is definitely contender for the top anime of the spring season. This episode included an amazing opening and opening song, advanced the plot regarding the anti AI people and lastly it was amazingly animated. WIT is doing an amazing job with the animation, the writing is also splendid so far. I am very excited for episode 5.

EDIT: i forgot to include that the fight scene was bloody amazing !
Apr 17, 2021 2:29 PM

Aug 2020
vivy combat mode surprised me a lot, didn't expect her to be nearly that agile. RIP estella

OP is a certified banger, to be expected from a music anime I guess.
clannad is the greatest piece of fiction to ever exist.
Apr 17, 2021 2:38 PM
Feb 2021
This episode made me sappy inside. This show so far has been truly astounding and the fight scene was spectacular.
Apr 17, 2021 2:39 PM
Feb 2021
This episode was amazing from start to finish. And the fight scene was fucking amazing too.
Apr 17, 2021 2:43 PM
Panzer Vor!

Jun 2014
Great episode.
The ending really made me emotional.
Apr 17, 2021 2:57 PM
Apr 2020
Oh god the ending hit me in the feels so hard :(
Apr 17, 2021 3:01 PM

Mar 2018
The directing in this episode was amazing and the only thing I saw flying was money of their budget! I did not expect to hear the same song from ep3 again but it was so fitting, especially with everything happening and the amount of detail, just perfect.

It was clear that Estella wasn't the one crashing it and expected actually another group behind it, but it's the same guy of 15 years ago and you're thanking her this way? And you even got away this time!

☆  PlayStation: KoitoTV
☆  Discord: Koito
☆  Twitch Koito
☆  @Koito91
Apr 17, 2021 3:25 PM

Apr 2015
Vivy and the Combat Program is a sight to behold, so badass!! The action and intensity, together with the soundtrack, was on point this episode. I already had a feeling that Estella wasn't behind this, but never would have expected a twin sister.

Rip Estella, honestly would have loved to have her in the show longer.

Cheeky Vivy for handing Matsumoto to Momoka was pretty cheeky, I like it. Nevertheless, he will show up again when the next mission is happening.
Apr 17, 2021 3:31 PM

Aug 2018
What a great episode! Many unexpected twists and turns. And, I love that ending song, "Estella's Lullaby".
Apr 17, 2021 3:33 PM

Oct 2017
CeddyyBearr said:
Rip Estella, honestly would have loved to have her in the show longer.

Same here, seeing her in the opening made me hope...
Apr 17, 2021 3:49 PM

Mar 2016
I liked everything here, but the second half it's soooooooo good!
No tomo malas decisiones, solo me gusta apoyar causas perdidas.
Disfruté Mayoiga, Ou-sama Game, Evil or Live, Mirai Nikki, Big Order, Arifureta, Ex-Arm, Tesla Note, Shuumatsu no Harem y Platinum End
nope les falle con esa, lo siento pero todos tenemos nuestros límites.
Así de jodido es mi gusto en anime, ¡Y estoy pinche orgulloso de ello!

Apr 17, 2021 4:02 PM

Jun 2017
Oh so we finally got an opening, it's great!

This episode was fire in many different ways. The combat part was pretty jaw dropping. The conclusion for Estella and Elizabeth was very well executed too.

No more bear Matsumoto but we are getting a companion cube then it seems.
Apr 17, 2021 4:02 PM

Nov 2015
What an incredible anime. I can't wait for next week.
Apr 17, 2021 4:05 PM
Oct 2010
Sad sister reflections in this one. Two twins die, yet Vivy manages to save Momoka's little sister (in spite of jerkbear flailing about ignoring everything but the mission). Vivy's personality may seem lacking in some ways, but she manages to be an endearing, truly good character nonetheless.

I can't imagine that the terrorist fool that she saved is going to make it past another segment or two if they continue the time skips, and I'm conflicted as to whether I'd like to see her new combat mode used on the @$%%! or not. On the one hand, he reeeeeally has it coming, on the other she would probably end up suffering because of it.
Apr 17, 2021 4:12 PM
Jul 2018
I didn't expect Estella to die, it was very sad, the fights were very lively.
Apr 17, 2021 4:26 PM
Oct 2020
I love this anime!!
Apr 17, 2021 4:27 PM

Jun 2016
The budget they have for this must be really high, the animation quality is amazing in every single episode, and the opening's very good too.
I had my doubts before but i can say it now, this story is 100% a bit inspired by Detroit become human and managed to make it better. And that arm scene was clearly just straight out of Nier:Automata, being a huge fan of the game it caught me totally off guard but i loved it.

Apr 17, 2021 5:00 PM

May 2020
Holy shit, emotions are running high this episode. I got chills throughout, the fight was short but amazing, the final goodbye and the song at the end was beautiful, there's nothing else to say other than this was a spectacular episode, the best one so far and that's saying something when every other episode has also been amazing, and I hope it continues to improve in quality, this show is just too beautiful. I don't care what anyone says, this. Right here is AoTS and no one can tell me otherwise.
Apr 17, 2021 5:06 PM

Mar 2020
So I'm assuming AI will gain even more support now, thanks to Estella handling the situation so well and trying her best to save lives.

The humans were told there is a fatal engine error, and when they go over the data, they'll also see that it would've crashed on a human city if Estella hadn't taken action. Also Estella tried her best to relieve humans of stress in the dire situation. So it basically drives more humans to the AI cause.

I feel like Matsumoto isn't someone who wants AI to stay slaves (contrary to what he says), he wants them to gain rights and be "human". But instead of becoming homicidal like they did in his future, he is trying to create a peaceful coexistence with humans by using Vivy.

Apr 17, 2021 5:15 PM

Nov 2009
So Estella wasn't a psycho like I thought... it was a "twin".

Glad Estella was still the nice AI we thought she was.

___ ___ ___

God damn it, they showed Leclerc's floating head again... T_T

___ ___ ___

Still fuck that bear, he still feel like the evil mastermind.

And looks like we no longer have our love to sing DIVA, she's pure combat DIVA now. (VIVY) (She transformed from Miku (vocaloid) to BRS (Black Rock Shooter))

Even at the end DIVA said she was jealous of the twins singing.

___ ___ ___
___ ___ ___

Man, this season has so many tear-worthy series.

This episode was even sadder than previous episodes.
amlgApr 17, 2021 5:30 PM
Nothing Written Here But Us Anime Bunnies *boing boing boing*
Apr 17, 2021 5:31 PM

Sep 2020
I didn't feel sad for Estelle and Beth, they fulfilled their lifekeeping mission in the best way possible.
I understand why Vivy felt envy for her precious younger twin sisters.
Apr 17, 2021 5:55 PM

Apr 2020
Man, the show keeps getting better and better! The WIT studio's make-up team ake the visuals one of a kind.
Elizabeth felt like the most human AI yet. The glitchy screams were thrilling.
The dude was the same guy who Vivy saved 15 years back, and now he got saved by another AI, will he finally stop rejecting AIs?
--AbiSa--
Apr 17, 2021 6:15 PM

Sep 2011
Man I kinda like this show but it really is one of those style over substance kind of shows.
Apr 17, 2021 6:38 PM
Apr 2017
Red_Ranger_Wien said:
Man I kinda like this show but it really is one of those style over substance kind of shows.

Not really... There is a lot of happening with Vivy and the cyborgs to care, nothing of this would hit as hard if the charaters were bland.
Apr 17, 2021 6:39 PM

Jan 2011
at first i wasn't a big fan of their being two but it really came around in the end i shed a fake tear for them since they can't cry i'm sorry i even doubt you a bit Estelle it just didn't make sense that she'd do this,

it was really bittersweet in that they did fulfill their mission overall really great episode....somehow it doesn't feel like that many people are watching this lo

fight OST was a banger l
Apr 17, 2021 6:49 PM

Jul 2015
Amazing action, amazing music, touching scenes, this episode was the full package.

The OP is stuck on loop, the visuals are solid but nothing too crazy, but god the song slaps hard.
Apr 17, 2021 6:54 PM

Dec 2020
Unexpected surprise, wasn't a psychological development as predicted but something else entirely. With no human casualty that clears the AI's reputation as original mission intended, but at what cost? :( Vivy still have no idea the real culprit is. Even in old timeline is probably the same guy carried out the terrorism but wouldn't had risked getting killed if he hadn't encountered Vivy. I would be surprise if the guy starts hunting Vivy in future episodes, he seems very fixated.
Apr 17, 2021 7:25 PM

Sep 2011
foxyahoo said:
Red_Ranger_Wien said:

Not really... There is a lot of happening with Vivy and the cyborgs to care, nothing of this would hit as hard if the charaters were bland.

I mean, Vivy is pretty bland. Also, never said things weren't happening. Just that the things happening are very surface level and the show is basically carried by FukuJun's performance and a really big art budget.
Apr 17, 2021 8:08 PM
Mar 2021
Damn, this episode is so good. It turned out that it wasn't Estella, it was her twin. I love Estella and Elizabeth relationship, it makes me cry a little. See you in the next episode, new missions and another time skip.
RykieelApr 17, 2021 8:11 PM
Apr 17, 2021 8:52 PM

Jan 2021
That ending scene was beautiful, it left me speechless
under”Mebius” is my salvation

Apr 17, 2021 9:12 PM
Apr 2020
This anime is freaking beautiful. Everything was great. The story, the action animation, the ost, everything. As everyone else here has already addressed everything that has happened in the episode, I wanna address two things.

Matsumoto's "woaw". And,

The final two birds (referring to the twins) flying over the horizon which gave me goosebumps.
Apr 17, 2021 9:32 PM

Dec 2020
that ending part where estella and beth sang to keep the guest's calm and carrying their job until the end while literally waiting for their death in a fiery room was insane. great ep as always. matsumoto is also getting a little looser with vivy, eventually giving up and helping her
Apr 17, 2021 9:32 PM

May 2020
hayato_bun said:
I'd be preaching to the choir by saying that this episode is truly gorgeous, so, instead of that, I want to name the most notable (for me) moment, which hasn't been pointed out yet - the way Beth's voice malfunctions after Matsumoto has tinkered with her program gives me the shivers, the sound designers really nailed it

Yea honestly I think the sound design in this anime is amazing. Not only the OST but also the way SFX are handled, for example the way all sound was cut to a stop when Leclerc (I think that was the AIs name) got her head snapped, that just added so much suspense.
Don't mind me,
just passing by...
Apr 17, 2021 9:34 PM
May 2020
this was easily the best episode so far. the twin relationship was really nice to see. that fight with vivy and the clone was absolutely stunning, it's one of the best fights ive seen in anime in recent years. the closure at the end was phenomenal and beautiful with Matsumoto being given to the young girl.
Apr 17, 2021 9:34 PM
May 2017
I'll be honest, I cried. Using that beautiful song again as a their send-off in combo with the amazing art was unfair. We barely got to know them but this hit me in the feels surprisingly hard.
Apr 17, 2021 9:42 PM

Apr 2015
Holy shit that was a fantastic episode. Ngl I almost teared up towards the end, the song in the background made everything much more emotional. The fighting sequence was amazing as well. This anime keeps getting better and better with every episode. Definitely one of my favorite anime this season, if not my AOTS. Better than any other anime that I watched last season. I can't believe how under-watched this is compared to so many of the other Spring 2021 anime, so many people are missing out smh.

"As promised, all that you seek, all that we desire, is prepared up there. On top of the Tower."
Apr 17, 2021 9:43 PM

Sep 2020
The only thing I want to say is that , I love this anime, AOTS contender for sure

The action in this anime is damm good , I want to see more action in upcoming episodes
Apr 17, 2021 10:03 PM

Aug 2015
oh my fuck i shed real tears. man.
Apr 17, 2021 10:08 PM
Mar 2020
When Estella started singing at the end I just involuntarily started crying shoot. This show is so good. And the bear getting back to Vivy's sister after 15 years. It just made me cry out more.
Apr 17, 2021 10:23 PM

Jan 2018
I love the OP but it's just reused footage from the episodes?
Apr 17, 2021 10:31 PM

Aug 2020
Bruh every ep I watch always hits me in the feels. As always, so excited for the next ep! ♡
Apr 17, 2021 10:34 PM

Oct 2020
Can't believe people are sleeping on this anime, shiiiiit it's great holy fuck. The relationships are well-made at the point that a two episode mini arc can make you cry of sadness and appreciation.

Hope we can see more about Momoka's sister and dang, every conflict in this anime is super interesting, I hope more people come to know it.
Apr 17, 2021 10:35 PM

Oct 2020
0451 said:
I love the OP but it's just reused footage from the episodes?

Same happening with Ijiranaide, Nagatoro-san, but the music is a bop so I'm not complaining. Actually, both are lol. 86 ending theme is also kind of lazy btw
Apr 17, 2021 11:11 PM
Jan 2018
The Opening Make me Cry 😭 this anime is so good
Apr 17, 2021 11:29 PM

Oct 2008
Amazing visuals by WIT and OST is also great!
5/5.

Apr 17, 2021 11:42 PM

May 2016
That fight was amazing. The feels when that OST kicks in. When Elisabeth screams her sisters name... Wow. That whole sequence was great.
Apr 17, 2021 11:51 PM
Dec 2018
Another amazing episode. I Rarely see anyone talking about this anime. Now into the next arc!
Apr 18, 2021 12:36 AM
Oct 2007
so gooood! We're still holding up 4 episodes in. I think I'll miss the plushy bear.....
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 18, 2021 12:46 AM
Feb 2017
The visuals are just too gorgeous, wow.

Sad to see Estelle die so soon, but at least she got to be with her sister for one last time. Vivy seems to be getting closer to understanding what the meaning of putting your heart into something is.
And it seems like the more missions they complete, the more the events in the future mission would also start to change. Time traveling sure does come at a cost.
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Vivy: Fluorite Eye's Song Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - May 29, 2021

202 by Excit »»
May 13, 9:19 PM

Poll: » Vivy: Fluorite Eye's Song Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

NextUniverse - Jun 19, 2021

368 by Lawgun »»
Mar 18, 2:18 PM

Poll: » Vivy: Fluorite Eye's Song Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 5, 2021

165 by Lawgun »»
Mar 18, 1:14 PM

Poll: » Vivy: Fluorite Eye's Song Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - May 22, 2021

235 by Lawgun »»
Mar 18, 11:05 AM

Poll: » Vivy: Fluorite Eye's Song Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 1, 2021

294 by Lawgun »»
Mar 18, 10:57 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.