Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Apr 8, 2021 11:29 AM
Jan 2021
I'm happy that this show is back but...

Why are the polls so negative?
Apr 8, 2021 11:31 AM
Dec 2018
minfairys said:
finally the girls are back! my girl tae is back! also i swear kotaro is so extra for no reason(wtf was he even doing in the rain beside the sea?) But i missed him. But why he be looking like eren (old man eren version) xD long hair and facial hair really doesn't suits kotaro. thank god he back to normal.

My man Kotaro revived his crush and a few others so that she could live the dream of being an idol. Extra is a eufemism
Apr 8, 2021 11:34 AM

Apr 2020
Wasn't expecting the first episode to be so depressing but I really enjoyed it. The animation this season looks even better, also I really liked the song they performed.

Finally my favorite girls The Sagaettes are back
Apr 8, 2021 11:46 AM
Sep 2019
Wasn't expecting a time skip with that much happening but it did a lot to raise the tension of the first episode and ended up working. Great start to the new season! This season looks like it'll be just as good, if not better. I can't wait to hear more about Kotaro's past!
Apr 8, 2021 11:53 AM

Mar 2018
Oh yeah, forgot Kotaro was an amazing character with an amazing voice actor

Good to see this back again
Apr 8, 2021 12:22 PM

Mar 2017
Franchouchou is back woooo! Kotaro was as hilarious as ever, maybe even more so as a drunk haha Their new song was epic; those metal heads dunno what they're talking about!

Every time I watch Zombieland Saga I can't help but think that the writers just told Mamoru Miyano to react in the way he himself would in that situation; Kotaro is literally Mamoru in anime form haha
Apr 8, 2021 12:25 PM

Sep 2019
GOOD MORNING!!!!

They're back and I'm really happy to see them again. The fight scene was unexpectedly good.
Apr 8, 2021 12:32 PM

Nov 2013
It's the most 7/10 episode I've seen, mainly because It just hurts watching these group had so much pressure and basically start from fresh again.

Yeah, I'm actually not surprised that a lot of people are not happy with it, based on the polls.
Apr 8, 2021 12:39 PM
Dec 2019
The first episode started with a rock. Hope mappa will put in the same effort they did on jujutsu. And I'm glad the idols are back in action
Apr 8, 2021 12:42 PM

Sep 2020
Off to a roaring start, I love how stupidly fun this series was and this first episode was no exception. I can't wait for the next episode, this is gonna be so much fun.

I also really wanna see that new intro, the first one was great and I'm sure this one will be too.

Apr 8, 2021 12:49 PM
Oct 2018
saxena5355 said:
hemagoku said:
haven't watched yet, but why are most of the votes 1/5 ??
Bots doing their regular job, ruining the environment once again. Watched the 1st episode & it's really good!😄

Go watch it!🙂
😂😂😂😂
Apr 8, 2021 12:53 PM
Apr 2021
Is it just me or does Saki’s voice sound different than season 1? Did they recast her?
Apr 8, 2021 12:53 PM

Dec 2015
I'm glad to see our idols back. I guess we know why the second season is Zombieland Saga: Revenge since they completely bombed their last big gig and were expecting a packed arena instead of what they actually got. I thought it was cool to see them do normal jobs to pay off their debt, well, most of them anyway. I kind of feel bad for Tatsumi, but at least he came back to his senses. I liked how "The Death Metal fans" came to support them and they kicked some ass, that was awesome.

FIGHT OR FLIGHT!!!
Nunbo_ArburApr 8, 2021 2:02 PM
Apr 8, 2021 12:57 PM
Nov 2019
OHAYOU GOZAIMAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASU
Apr 8, 2021 12:58 PM
Nov 2019
nendoroidlink said:
Is it just me or does Saki’s voice sound different than season 1? Did they recast her?
I thought the same but still no seiyuus in this revenge page.Let's wait for an update to confirm it
Apr 8, 2021 1:01 PM

Mar 2020
This was a really nice episode. It was surprising to see the idol song blend in so well with the fight scene!
made by Nate
Apr 8, 2021 1:04 PM

Nov 2017
minfairys said:
But why he be looking like eren

Lmao I was thinking the same thing
"he has it big as a cactus
but he won't let go of my head
and I puke on his cock bitch" - Boy by Fishball 
Apr 8, 2021 1:39 PM
Sep 2020
THE VOTE BOTS STILL NOT FIX BY ADMIN WHAT ARE THEY DOING?
Apr 8, 2021 1:40 PM
Jan 2021
FINALLLY THE BEST GROUP EVER AKA FRANCHOUCHOU IS BACK IM SO HYPED
Apr 8, 2021 1:41 PM

May 2020
Fun first episode, I hope this second season focuses more on story rather than SOL moments like the previous season.
Apr 8, 2021 1:51 PM
Dec 2020
WE'RE BAAAAAAAAACK! The way I SCREAMED when the fight started. This is hype in it's purest form, and it's BACK
Apr 8, 2021 1:52 PM

Nov 2008
nendoroidlink said:

Asami Tano is credited in the episode so no, her VA should still be the same.
Apr 8, 2021 1:56 PM

Dec 2015
go1d1eaf said:

Pay no mind to the "people" that voted 1 out of 5. It's been happening on every anime I've seen for the past week. It's just bots.
Nunbo_ArburApr 8, 2021 2:02 PM
Apr 8, 2021 1:56 PM
Trickster

Jun 2011
Franchouchou's triumphant return baby.

So the follow up concert to the legendary lightning concert was a huge flop. Kotaro went into a depression and the girls have to work to get out of debt. That's a big set back.

But Kotaro finally woke up and ran in like an absolute chad to cheer on the girls. Nothing like starting off a season with good old fashioned brawl.

Looks like next week they're back at it with another whacky stunt. So happy to see this back.
Apr 8, 2021 2:09 PM

Feb 2018
There's a time limit so the zombie spell? formula? virus? will stop working and that's why he's in a hurry, huh... Let's see if we get more info on that, I'm not having high expectations though

The CGi is so smooth those camera movements were honestly amazing. And damn, how I miss a moshpit, I'm so jealous.
Apr 8, 2021 2:16 PM
Jan 2021
Nunbo_Arbur said:
go1d1eaf said:

Pay no mind to the "people" that voted 1 out of 5. It's been happening on every anime I've seen for the past week. It's just bots.

Oh. That's a shame. I seriously don't see why people would use bots to spoil anime ratings, the same thing happened on bunny girl senpai and BNHA like how much free time do they have to do something so pointless.
Apr 8, 2021 2:38 PM

Jul 2011
Zombie idols are back! Yay

Welcome back :)

"A half moon, it has a dark half and a bright half, just like me…", Yuno Gasai
Apr 8, 2021 2:38 PM

Jun 2011
Kotaro is now a zombie too. His spirit died but was later revived.
Apr 8, 2021 2:46 PM
Jul 2018
I spent a lot of the episode wondering if Koutarou was going to stand in front of a mirror and say "tatakae".
Apr 8, 2021 2:46 PM
Cherry Thighs

Apr 2013
The CGI for the idols scenes have improved so much from the first season! And the ending song was a bop, I loved it.
Apr 8, 2021 3:38 PM

Feb 2019
what I initially liked about the first season was the on-the-nose indictment of the idol industry by a sociopath prettying up his enslaved rotting corpses and parading them in front of clueless idiots purely for monetary gain. There were a lot of directions you could have gone with that, dark comedy full of brain eating, parodying the idol industry, hell, even an iZombie approach of procedural within the not-quite-so-literal zombies of the idol industry as you solve crimes through brain eating. Instead, we got the usual idol garbage of "friendship is great, idols are great, yay idols and friendship." Now here, have some incredibly ugly CGI dancing.

This episode somehow may have managed to be even worse than that. Kotaro is depressed because some concert bombed, and they can't be their true idol selves without him as their manager, screaming at and abusing them. It sounds like that's intended as a joke, but I assure you, it is not. He made their idol unit, and without him, they can't be real idols. There's no real obstacle or anything standing in their way. Hell, they put on a concert at the end anyway, complete with the usual awful CGI dancing. They're just not, uh, complete without their Ike Turner in their lives for no particular reason. That they're zombies was used for a couple sight gags in the episode and that was it. It's all idols, all the time. Yay friendship. Yay idols. yay yawn
Apr 8, 2021 3:51 PM

Apr 2012
RayReynolds said:
what I initially liked about the first season was the on-the-nose indictment of the idol industry by a sociopath prettying up his enslaved rotting corpses and parading them in front of clueless idiots purely for monetary gain. There were a lot of directions you could have gone with that, dark comedy full of brain eating, parodying the idol industry, hell, even an iZombie approach of procedural within the not-quite-so-literal zombies of the idol industry as you solve crimes through brain eating. Instead, we got the usual idol garbage of "friendship is great, idols are great, yay idols and friendship." Now here, have some incredibly ugly CGI dancing.

This episode somehow may have managed to be even worse than that. Kotaro is depressed because some concert bombed, and they can't be their true idol selves without him as their manager, screaming at and abusing them. It sounds like that's intended as a joke, but I assure you, it is not. He made their idol unit, and without him, they can't be real idols. There's no real obstacle or anything standing in their way. Hell, they put on a concert at the end anyway, complete with the usual awful CGI dancing. They're just not, uh, complete without their Ike Turner in their lives for no particular reason. That they're zombies was used for a couple sight gags in the episode and that was it. It's all idols, all the time. Yay friendship. Yay idols. yay yawn

Oddly, if you read their interviews before the release of the new season, nothing reminds you that their attitude towards the franchise has changed. For example, they quite calmly say that JunkoAi was never meant to be romantic, which would be strange if they wanted to turn this into another idol show with potential bait or something.
Apr 8, 2021 3:55 PM

Jun 2017
That was one hell of a start for the new season.

Personally I liked it tons. I am not really surprised the group bombed in a big stadium when they were never really super famous in the current time to begin with.

I am also quite curious about that time limit mentioned by Koutarou.

Also I wonder how many people caught what Koutarou did on that cliff by the sea, I have no idea what he did exactly but it was the same pose which was on the first key visual when S2 was confirmed. Maybe it's important?

Can't wait for more absurd developments and hopefully that plot thread with the newspaper investigators will be continued too from S1.
Apr 8, 2021 4:12 PM
Aug 2020
Vantaaa said:
very bland and boring episode for me

And here I thought I was the only one. For a show about zombie idols, this anime takes itself way too seriously imho.
Apr 8, 2021 4:18 PM

Sep 2017
Excited for this to be back. Interesting decision to make the girls basically start from square one again. Hope it ends up being a good one. Also it's a meme that they went to play at the metal house with mostly pop songs prepared. I know it's where they started but they were literally just screaming and headbanging the first time lol.
Apr 8, 2021 4:34 PM

Apr 2015
Eren, is that you my dude???

So glad to have our Zombie Idols back, it's been a while! Right from the get go I have to say this: I have missed Junko's singing voice, holy fuck does that sound majestic as always!!

Seeing Tatsumi in depression was utterly funny at times, yet sad. Glad to see him back to his formal self. I did laugh the most when Sakura screamed at him in that bar, now he was on the receiving end of the yelling.

I wonder what this season has in store for us. It's been a while since an Original Anime has gotten a sequel, so I look forward to this.
Apr 8, 2021 4:57 PM
#1 Hitagi Lover

Apr 2014
Great ep. Feels good to have the girls and Koutarou back again.

I'm hoping we get some backstory on Yuugiri and Yamada Tae this season. Even if we don't, though, I'm sure this season will be a blast to watch just like the first.

What I'm most curious about is what Koutarou meant by the project to revitalize saga having a hard "deadline"

Could this mean that the girls have some sort of expiry date and will die for good again? or is it something completely different?

Either way, I'm very much excited for the next episode.
Apr 8, 2021 5:32 PM

Jan 2019
Yahhoo... finally Fanchouchou is back baby, ENCORE!...ENCORE!...ENCORE!
Apr 8, 2021 5:41 PM

May 2015
Are company anthems a real thing? That scene was borderline dystopic lol.
Apr 8, 2021 6:35 PM

Jan 2011
decent start ,that company song is the most cursed thing i've seen i'd quit day one if i had to sing that lol

forgot how good the VA's are in this.

not the most interesting setup of starting over again but we'll see how this goes
Apr 8, 2021 6:38 PM

Dec 2014
Damn, I forgot how epic Mamoru Miyano is as Koutarou. Never a dull moment with him, sounds like he's loving this role. xD

Good to have this back, I love how they got their flare back at the end in the midst of a fight. Really liked the direction there.

Kimurah said:

Koutaro becomes a full caricature of himself doing a complete 180 from the hyper maniac producer to a complete downer guy on a very contrived reason, a huge debt.

I don't think the reason was the debt, the girls seemed to consider it but felt that couldn't be it. From what I gathered it seems more related to time, Kotarou says the project was incredibly time sensitive so it's possible that he felt poor performance and turnout and the string of issues that came out from that ETS performance made him feel that it was impossible for him to complete the project and he lost all motivation.
Apr 8, 2021 7:00 PM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
Still sticking with the cgi... wish they could've just stayed with 2D and just limit the movement so they wouldn't have to animate too much. It just puts me off

Gonna be watching this every thursday I guess, hope this'll be good. Going to check out idoly pride in the mean time though, apparently they do the idol genre justice and stay away from the use of jarring cgi

EDIT: just realized idoly pride also uses cgi as well, dammit. I was fooled by a fking tik tok! Although I guess it looks a LITTLE bit better than zombieland saga's cgi?

Storm1988 said:
Vantaaa said:
very bland and boring episode for me

And here I thought I was the only one. For a show about zombie idols, this anime takes itself way too seriously imho.

That's exactly what I've been wanting more of all along, just the simple dumb fun from the first episode with it's mad head-banging action. If continued to be stupid and over the top then I probably would really be digging this right now. But no, there's a lot of needless drama that drags it down unfortunately. If that makes it better for you, allowing you to relate to the characters more, then that's great. But for me it's just ruining the potential of just being a plain dumb crazy explosive show
BetaMaleUltraApr 8, 2021 7:53 PM

NYANPASU
5700XT

Apr 8, 2021 7:47 PM
Nov 2012
Am I insane or did they not show THE LEGENDARY YAMADA TAE regaining some form of consciousness in the very final episode of season 1, only to never mention it in this episode?
Apr 8, 2021 8:01 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
Another show I watched nearly 3 years ago, I’m so glad to see our favorite zombie idols again, great start too. Nothing like a concert brawl to kick things off lol, and I hope the song at the end ends up being the OP song, but if not I’m excited to see what it is, it was really good tho, this show never disappoints with the music. And I was glad to see Mizuno was the very first character we see, liked her the most in season 1.
Apr 8, 2021 8:03 PM

Nov 2019
Only 1.66% tickets sold? Dang Covid must had hit Franchouchou very hard.
LaytonPuzzle27Apr 9, 2021 6:00 AM
Apr 8, 2021 9:53 PM

Jun 2020
Ay, my favorite and first idol show is back!
Apr 8, 2021 10:14 PM

Oct 2018
Ohayogozaimaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaasu Minna-san! This is it, Zombieland Saga is back for more after 2.5 years of waiting for new season. Here's to hoping any questions left unanswered from season 1 be answered in this new season.

The starting of the anime sure is promising. First, they failed in EFS due to lack of audience. Then got into a huge debt and causing Kotaro to become depressed because of this. Never knew something like this would happen, but still it's fun to watch XD

Kotaro-san is back from his depression and I'm looking forward for his weird moments that would put me to laughter XD

Forum set made by Nate
Apr 8, 2021 10:17 PM
Jan 2019
Loved the episode. Love to see how refined the CG animation was. Much better than the first season. I just would've liked to see Kotaro's decline in a special or OVA rather than just have it expositioned in at the beginning. Other than that, it was a good start to the second attempt to save Saga.
Apr 8, 2021 10:44 PM
Mar 2015
The dried shrimp song was great The Zombies were really kicking ass at the end Our boi is back
Apr 8, 2021 11:05 PM
May 2019
I never thought this show would get a sequel but I'm so happy that it has one. Also producer guy will always be my number one husbando.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Zombieland Saga: Revenge Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 15, 2021

114 by _untitled »»
Jun 12, 12:30 AM

Poll: » Zombieland Saga: Revenge Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jun 24, 2021

235 by Niveen_Sleem »»
Apr 10, 2:52 PM

Poll: » Zombieland Saga: Revenge Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 3, 2021

109 by Niveen_Sleem »»
Apr 9, 12:47 PM

Poll: » Zombieland Saga: Revenge Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 29, 2021

120 by Niveen_Sleem »»
Apr 6, 4:27 PM

Poll: » Zombieland Saga: Revenge Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 6, 2021

113 by Karva1 »»
Apr 2, 3:46 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.