Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Dec 13, 2015 7:53 PM
Jun 2014
RaidenHUN said:
Tiame said:

I was sort of thinking the same thing, only wouldn't Kaneki get the weapon, since he was the one who beat Eto?

Isn't it just her Kakuja (since Ukakus Kakuhou is in the upper body)? They can't make out of weapon from that.
One thing that was never fully explained was where do kakuhous go after the first one. Eto is stated to have a lot of them.
Love ~
Dec 13, 2015 8:42 PM
Oct 2012
Maledict said:
Since √B is happening sooner or later, the falling scene would be pretty interesting due to the intense confession of love in German.

Acernos said:
Sasaneki clearly tried kill Shuu

Yeah, no.

well, you should have read the part where I wrote: "for those who do not know about their relationship".
Dec 14, 2015 1:53 AM

Apr 2015
If Karren survives, it would destroy her whole char developments, especially after her confession and resolve with Shuu in this chapter. Ishida would not do something like that, not after he was fine with killing off Hairu and Shirazu which obviously compared to Karren, both still has potential char devs and story involvement if Ishida decided not to kill them.

Mod Edit: Removed baiting and deleted quote of removed post.
shawnofthedeadzDec 22, 2015 11:15 AM
Dec 14, 2015 2:06 AM

May 2014
callmefanton said:

If Karren survives, it would destroy her whole char developments, especially after her confession and resolve with Shuu in this chapter. Ishida would not do something like that, not after he was fine with killing off Hairu and Shirazu which obviously compared to Karren, both still has potential char devs and story involvement if Ishida decided not to kill them.

True. Considerng the scene with Shuu, she's most likely killed. But there's a chance she survived the fall, because of Eto's power up, if the investigators didn't killed her down there.
I agree with that, it would be a little stuppid, if she's alive after all this, but I would say lets just wait for the next chapter.

Mod Edit: Modified quote of edited post.
shawnofthedeadzDec 22, 2015 11:13 AM
Dec 14, 2015 3:09 AM

Mar 2014
callmefanton said:

Agreed. Karen's character has undergone much development, and after what happened in this chapter, it would be nonsensical for her to be alive, as far as the plot is concerned. She has confessed her love and protected Shu there's nothing else that she could have done next, most probably. I am fond of her character but I am glad that she 'leaves the story' this way.

shawnofthedeadzDec 22, 2015 11:13 AM
Dec 14, 2015 5:06 AM

Jul 2014
I hope she stays dead. Frankly, I think she got way too much screentime.
Though then Eto would be out of toys, so she'll probably find someone new.
Dec 14, 2015 5:07 AM

Nov 2015
callmefanton said:

This guy gets it.

It's Tokyo Ghoul, not Naruto Ghoul. Karren should stay dead after such a powerful scene. Nothing worse than getting an emotional moment just to get fucked by the author with a "lol, he's fine guise" in the next chapter.

shawnofthedeadzDec 22, 2015 11:14 AM
Dec 14, 2015 6:07 AM

Mar 2015
farewell Kanae and please stay dead,i would have liked if Shu died along with her but her sacrificing herself to save shu is good too.
Kaneki did nothing wrong this chapter,i really like Urie but him trying to blame kaneki for not coming back to see shirazu is pathetic.
Shirazu confirmed dead,good.it would be weird if he survived after all that.
and i'm excited to see what kaneki thinks after he got his memories back,what are his priorities right now,did he changed his thoughts about people and ghouls? who will he stand with?and like what other people said: "what are his goals?".
MonstrumDec 14, 2015 6:12 AM
Dec 14, 2015 7:27 AM

Sep 2013
callmefanton said:

Too bad she wasn't shown dead now was she?
She was shown twitching on the ground still alive surrounded by the ccg.
Ishida leaving her still alive after that fall goes against your whole argument.

Kanae being a woman is already fanservice, and you might be forgetting the whole noro debacle.
Don't compare Ishida with great authors please.

Mod Edit: Removed quote of deleted post.
shawnofthedeadzDec 22, 2015 11:16 AM
Dec 14, 2015 7:46 AM

Mar 2015
ichii_1 said:

Too bad she wasn't shown dead now was she?
She was shown twitching on the ground still alive surrounded by the ccg.
Ishida leaving her still alive after that fall goes against your whole argument.

Kanae being a woman is already fanservice, and you might be forgetting the whole noro debacle.
Don't compare Ishida with great authors please.

" Too bad she wasn't shown dead now was she?"
she wasn't shown alive neither,we don't know if she's alive or not,where did you got this "twitching" you talk about?she wasn't shown moving at all.

shawnofthedeadzDec 22, 2015 11:20 AM
Dec 14, 2015 8:35 AM

May 2014
I am kinda afraid of the Moon arc (based on fools journey).....
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 14, 2015 9:05 AM

Apr 2014
Sparteh said:

This was the moon arc.
Dec 14, 2015 9:15 AM

Jul 2015
R.I.P. Tsukiyama.

Oh and that Badass Kaneki that we knew is COMING BACK!
Dec 14, 2015 9:34 AM

Dec 2014
Ozymandias20 said:
R.I.P. Tsukiyama.

Oh and that Badass Kaneki that we knew is COMING BACK!
Errr, Tsukiyama wasn't shown dead, Kanae was.

This is obviously not the Kaneki we knew.
Dec 14, 2015 9:54 AM

May 2014
Z4k said:
Sparteh said:

This was the moon arc.

Then which part do you consider Sun arc? XD
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 14, 2015 9:57 AM

Apr 2014
Sparteh said:
Z4k said:

This was the moon arc.

Next arc most likely.
Dec 14, 2015 10:15 AM

May 2014
Z4k said:
Sparteh said:

Next arc most likely.

Sorry. I meant Star.
Dec 14, 2015 10:45 AM

Apr 2014
Sparteh said:
Z4k said:

Next arc most likely.

Sorry. I meant Star.

The events that occur in volume 4. I might be wrong here but from what I've observed, each volume roughly follows one of the tarot cards.

Someone made a simple but unfinished outline of it here
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1fqsUoWwlLm0ineOAzAQrpW7BHqPvPi3NgdzMBDjpIGs/edit
Dec 14, 2015 11:02 AM

Apr 2013
*that panel*
"well fuck"
hopefully s/he will keep starring in fanfics?
if alive good for us!
if dead good for the plot!... which of course don't know how long is so a comeback is possible but as a captive? Kanae in Cochlea sends shivers down my spine. mmmmm

Kaneki improved!!!! and even more hardcore!
But does Shuu now has any appetite?
KoSparrowsDec 14, 2015 11:05 AM
Dec 14, 2015 11:09 AM
Jun 2014
I have no real evidence or anything to prove my claim other than never seeing kaneki's aunt in the going on timeline, but just after this arc I wouldn't be surprised if kaneki's aunt was actually a good person OR that kaneki killed her.
Love ~
Dec 14, 2015 11:11 AM

Mar 2014
Z4k said:
Sparteh said:

Sorry. I meant Star.

The events that occur in volume 4. I might be wrong here but from what I've observed, each volume roughly follows one of the tarot cards.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1fqsUoWwlLm0ineOAzAQrpW7BHqPvPi3NgdzMBDjpIGs/edit

So according to this link (and some others as well), TG:re will probably end in volume 8? That seems kind of impossible to me, there are so many things that have to be developed and settled.
Dec 14, 2015 11:25 AM

Sep 2014
ichii_1 said:
Now would be a good time for MOFO Arima to come and teach Edgeneki who's the true alpha.

If would be really cool if Kubo was the one continuing tg after this arc, rite?
Dec 14, 2015 11:26 AM

Apr 2014
danae_97 said:
Z4k said:

So according to this link (and some others as well), TG:re will probably end in volume 8? That seems kind of impossible to me, there are so many things that have to be developed and settled.

No the story obviously won't end. Even the Fool continues its journey after it reaches "The World",

"This cycle is over, but, the Fool will never stop growing. Soon he will be ready to begin a new journey that will lead him to ever greater levels of understanding. "

http://www.learntarot.com/journey.htm
Dec 14, 2015 11:43 AM
Jul 2018
danae_97 said:
Z4k said:

We all know Tokyo Ghoul: V is coming after re.

Mod Edit: Removed baiting.
shawnofthedeadzDec 22, 2015 11:22 AM
Dec 14, 2015 11:48 AM

Mar 2014
Z4k said:
danae_97 said:

No the story obviously won't end. Even the Fool continues its journey after it reaches "The World",

"This cycle is over, but, the Fool will never stop growing. Soon he will be ready to begin a new journey that will lead him to ever greater levels of understanding. "

http://www.learntarot.com/journey.htm

Thank god, I was surprised and upset for a moment lol. I'm glad to know that this is most likely the case since I had been a bit troubled with these scenarios for the past few months.
Dec 14, 2015 11:57 AM

Sep 2013
danae_97 said:

It will end on vol 14 again when Arima either solos or dies, then begins Tokyo Ghoul: (insert 2 letters here)
Dec 14, 2015 5:45 PM

Jan 2014
bobzanny said:
The Karen-Shuu ship set sail and sunk within 8 pages....only Ishida.

Great that Kaneki verbally bitch-slapped Urie for whining, probably the first real thing he did as a mentor for Urie.

Kaneki no longer the Q's leader and he got promoted pretty interesting development.

Hopefully, next we have the long awaited Cochlea/Hinami Arc that'll really just let Re: spiral out of control.
If I can say something is that I no longer get what the heck passes through Kaneki's head. What the heck he wants to do in the first place, and what will do to achieve it.

Anyway considering the left the Qs, that kinda feels like the first step to walk away from the CCG. I mean now that he has met Tsukiyama is only a matter of time he encounters the "re" crowd.

Also, I get he has gotten stronger this time, but I really don't think he still quite at Eto's level yet.
Dec 14, 2015 7:47 PM

Jan 2015
BGMaxie said:
bobzanny said:
The Karen-Shuu ship set sail and sunk within 8 pages....only Ishida.

Great that Kaneki verbally bitch-slapped Urie for whining, probably the first real thing he did as a mentor for Urie.

Kaneki no longer the Q's leader and he got promoted pretty interesting development.

Hopefully, next we have the long awaited Cochlea/Hinami Arc that'll really just let Re: spiral out of control.
If I can say something is that I no longer get what the heck passes through Kaneki's head. What the heck he wants to do in the first place, and what will do to achieve it.

Anyway considering the left the Qs, that kinda feels like the first step to walk away from the CCG. I mean now that he has met Tsukiyama is only a matter of time he encounters the "re" crowd.

Also, I get he has gotten stronger this time, but I really don't think he still quite at Eto's level yet.

Nay Eto was just toying with Kaneki, if she really went all out Kaneki would probably be fucked. And Kaneki probably realizes that he can't complicate the Q's if he truly intends to break Hinami out which is why he's distancing himself.
And remember that Kaneki has already encountered the Re: crowd. Nishiki in chapter 6/7, Uta in the 40's when dealing with Eyepatch mask, and Touka and Yomo in chapter 9.
Big Order (TV):great anime or greatest anime?
Dec 14, 2015 8:58 PM

Nov 2015
FiflyAnimeLover said:

You r perf. I got the gist of it but I appreciate you explaining things to people.

But one thing that surprised me was that when Kaneki was eating the Kakuja, no body really questioned it? I thought, or I more like I guessed, that the CCG wouldn't be cool with that.

There was nobody to question him except Ui, Urie, and maybe Matsuri. The CCG has always been aware of Kaneki's risky behavior since they even took precautions like Akira's magic bullet.
Ui also witnessed Kaneki's quinque training.
If anything, it's the results that matter and Kaneki handled it nicely by quickly confirming the information on Tsukiyama & Aogiri's connections.
He didn't hesitate and they still view him as Haise Sasaki (for now). After-all, he's a great actor.

So they'll just write "and then he had a snack" on the final report and shrug it off.

shawnofthedeadzDec 22, 2015 11:26 AM
Dec 15, 2015 11:30 AM

Aug 2014
I dont get how ppl can just be like ‘well kanae was never supposed to be a boy so its not transphobic’

Like… they were introduced as a boy and we never learned they were dfab until a YEAR after their first appearance

And then their entire story becomes about: the possible romantic love for their male cousin and following gender roles using the while male heir only thing

And after its revealed they have breasts and love a man we’re told no!!! Theyre really a cis girl!!! And only presented as male for years bc of a contrived reason that makes no sense

Its like… its not necessary and it basically holds the representation under our noses only to rudely yank it away
Like this whole storyline is so bad… but all i see is ppl saying its not “really” transphobic
Dec 15, 2015 12:33 PM
Oct 2012
Truth4Lies said:
I dont get how ppl can just be like ‘well kanae was never supposed to be a boy so its not transphobic’

Like… they were introduced as a boy and we never learned they were dfab until a YEAR after their first appearance

And then their entire story becomes about: the possible romantic love for their male cousin and following gender roles using the while male heir only thing

And after its revealed they have breasts and love a man we’re told no!!! Theyre really a cis girl!!! And only presented as male for years bc of a contrived reason that makes no sense

Its like… its not necessary and it basically holds the representation under our noses only to rudely yank it away
Like this whole storyline is so bad… but all i see is ppl saying its not “really” transphobic

seriously, friend, you have the right to have your own opinion like everyone else, but I think you're being a little paranoid, which problem Kanae being a woman rather than a guy who looks like a woman and bearing the female symbol in the name? her death was beautiful.

you are perhaps misogynistic?
Dec 15, 2015 3:04 PM

Apr 2011
R.I.P Karen. You were beautiful till the end. Tsukiyama called you by your name and you saved his life.

I am pretty sure Kaneki saved Tsukiyama there. He knew Karen would jump to save him so...

That Kaneki-Urie talk. It hurts but they can't turn back. I wonder what Kaneki will do now and also about the Q's.
Dec 15, 2015 5:18 PM

Mar 2015
Hello, been a lurker for a while...the intensity of this chapter is killing me, though, so I just needed to pop out of my little ghoul sewer. I wanted a little feedback from ya'll!

Personally, I interpreted that entire chapter as one big ruse for the CCG's benefit. Just 7 chapters ago (after Haise pinned Tsukiyama) we saw a background Kaneki saying "Don't kill him". Considering this entire event probably happened within a span of...let's be generous and say 5 minutes, I sincerely doubt that feeling would've changed. Now there's a weird panel with a ". . ." where Kaneki is pulling out his Kagune after Tsukiyama says his name. Wholly unnecessary. Would it be too much of a stretch to think that it was the moment Kaneki was thinking about how to keep Tsukiyama from giving away his identity to Ui while still trying to keep him alive by having Kanae save him?
Dec 15, 2015 5:46 PM
Dec 2015
RNoir said:
Hello, been a lurker for a while...the intensity of this chapter is killing me, though, so I just needed to pop out of my little ghoul sewer. I wanted a little feedback from ya'll!

Personally, I interpreted that entire chapter as one big ruse for the CCG's benefit. Just 7 chapters ago (after Haise pinned Tsukiyama) we saw a background Kaneki saying "Don't kill him". Considering this entire event probably happened within a span of...let's be generous and say 5 minutes, I sincerely doubt that feeling would've changed. Now there's a weird panel with a ". . ." where Kaneki is pulling out his Kagune after Tsukiyama says his name. Wholly unnecessary. Would it be too much of a stretch to think that it was the moment Kaneki was thinking about how to keep Tsukiyama from giving away his identity to Ui while still trying to keep him alive by having Kanae save him?

I'd say it's not a big stretch at all.

Tsukiyama calls him "Kaneki" in Ui's presence; he had to be silenced before Ui could make the revelation that Kaneki had regained his memories.

In the double page where he impales and suspends Tsukiyama in midair, a series of smaller panels illustrate Kaneki first glancing at Karren; the elipse "..." panel is Kaneki contemplating whether Karren is physically capable of intervening, and is adjacent to the panel where he next glances at Ui's silhouette (note the katakana in that panel) before tossing Tsukiyama overboard.

I would love to see the Japanese raw for the page where he farewells Tsukiyama - to confirm whether he uses "Sayonara" (as a final goodbye) or "Mata ne" (as a temporary parting). That might reveal more of his intentions.
Dec 15, 2015 5:55 PM
Jun 2014
are u saying the entire thing from tsukiyama being pinned to him throwing him off the bridge was 5 minutes? That's definitely not generous, it's insanity. This isn't DBZ time we working on, that was definitely a way bigger timespan, especially with how long it probably took for Ui to arrive.
Love ~
Dec 15, 2015 6:33 PM

Apr 2014
Bfgp said:
RNoir said:

I'd say it's not a big stretch at all.

Tsukiyama calls him "Kaneki" in Ui's presence; he had to be silenced before Ui could make the revelation that Kaneki had regained his memories.

In the double page where he impales and suspends Tsukiyama in midair, a series of smaller panels illustrate Kaneki first glancing at Karren; the elipse "..." panel is Kaneki contemplating whether Karren is physically capable of intervening, and is adjacent to the panel where he next glances at Ui's silhouette (note the katakana in that panel) before tossing Tsukiyama overboard.

I would love to see the Japanese raw for the page where he farewells Tsukiyama - to confirm whether he uses "Sayonara" (as a final goodbye) or "Mata ne" (as a temporary parting). That might reveal more of his intentions.

Oh dude thats pretty smart. I'm gonna scower for a raw now to make sure of that.
Dec 15, 2015 7:04 PM
Mar 2015
Bfgp said:

He said "sayounara" in the raws, so he probably doesn't have the intention of teaming up with Tsukiyama again like before.

Dec 15, 2015 7:59 PM

Mar 2015
Even without the double meaning of "Goodbye" I still took it to mean that Kaneki basically decided to not return to Tsukiyama as a team member. Likely he's decided to not involve anyone in his activities. At least the way I'm interpreting this.
Dec 16, 2015 8:25 AM
Aug 2014
What an amazing chapter. Also, Kaneki's hair is not 'green' . It is not permanently red either. His hair is just covered in blood right now. What I want to know is if Kaneki's white hair is still there if he washes off the blood. I mean, I don't see how the white hair could disappear so quick unless it is symbolism.
Eto is confirmed to be alive as well. That was expected although many people believed otherwise.
I don't know if Kaneki cares about Shuu or not. What is interesting to me is that Kaneki threw him off the roof without being sure if he survives or not. There is no way he would've known that Karen was gonna definitely gonna be able to save Tsukiyama . So, I'm not sure about his personality right now.
I wonder what the next arc is gonna be about.
Dec 16, 2015 11:46 AM

Dec 2015
So I just recently finished reading this after starting all the way back at TG C.1 a couple months ago. Loved this chapter. Finally get Kaneki back and that Karren scene was emotional. Loved it. Did think Kaneki was going to off Ui on the opening but glad the kill count is low. I got the impression that it was all done to shut Tsukiyama up basically. Took the extreme option and if he thought Kanae would save Shuu by sacrifice then I doubt Shuu would forgive that even if he forgives him for tossing him off the building.
Dec 16, 2015 6:16 PM

Jan 2012
I am lost again , is kaneki just acting , i mean he is back he should have saved his friend.

Dec 16, 2015 10:55 PM

Nov 2015
Kaneki has officially become a badass again,he was pretty harsh on Urie but tbh he sort of deserved it. I seriously cannot go through another hair colour change :/
He must have gained some serious reputation after bisecting the one eyed owl solo
Dec 16, 2015 11:17 PM

Jan 2015
AllenVonStein said:
I am lost again , is kaneki just acting , i mean he is back he should have saved his friend.

If he saves Shuu how can he save Hinami? Cochlea can't be broken into again, but there could be a great escape.
Big Order (TV):great anime or greatest anime?
Dec 17, 2015 12:12 PM

Sep 2013
bobzanny said:
Cochlea can't be broken into again.

lol maybe in the first part but not RE.
Take away arima, and kaneki solos the entire cochlea defense low difficulty.
Dec 17, 2015 12:21 PM

May 2014
ichii_1 said:
bobzanny said:
Cochlea can't be broken into again.

Remember after Kaneki beat Jason and Ayato, everyone though he is the strongest? After that he got his ass beaten. He is still not that OP as most of us think. If that would be the case this manga could just end. This is still not Bleach.
Dec 17, 2015 7:45 PM

Sep 2013
RaidenHUN said:
ichii_1 said:

Remember after Kaneki beat Jason and Ayato, everyone though he is the strongest? After that he got his ass beaten. He is still not that OP as most of us think. If that would be the case this manga could just end. This is still not Bleach.

Remember when he low diff shinohara and when he beat all ccg guys during the anteiku raid, except amon who's gone now? and that kaneki is nowhere near this kaneki XD don't bring bleach into this.
Dec 17, 2015 10:20 PM

Apr 2014
ichii_1 said:
RaidenHUN said:
<br />
<br />
<br />
Remember when he low diff shinohara and when he beat all ccg guys during the anteiku raid, except amon who&#039;s gone now? and that kaneki is nowhere near this kaneki XD don&#039;t bring bleach into this.

>What is Suzuya and his squad
>What is the Washuu clan
Dec 18, 2015 8:29 AM

Sep 2013
Z4k said:
ichii_1 said:
<br />
Remember when he low diff shinohara and when he beat all ccg guys during the anteiku raid, except amon who&#039;s gone now? and that kaneki is nowhere near this kaneki XD don&#039;t bring bleach into this.

>What is Suzuya and his squad
>What is the Washuu clan

>fodder and suzuya is a 1 minute distraction at most (if the powerlevels made any sense)
>overrated except for the head honcho who shouldn't be at cochlea.
Dec 22, 2015 11:39 AM

Oct 2013

Thread Cleaned.
Please remember to follow the Manga Discussion Rules and avoid spamming, trolling and other violations as per the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 23, 2015 10:23 AM
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul:re Chapter 73 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 16, 2016

103 by almightybismarck »»
2 minutes ago

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul:re Chapter 72 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 9, 2016

124 by almightybismarck »»
Yesterday, 8:37 AM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul:re Chapter 71 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 2, 2016

140 by almightybismarck »»
Yesterday, 8:14 AM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul:re Chapter 70 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 26, 2016

146 by almightybismarck »»
Yesterday, 7:59 AM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul:re Chapter 69 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 19, 2016

151 by almightybismarck »»
Yesterday, 7:45 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.