Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Jan 28, 2021 11:35 AM

Jan 2011
man this best anime japan offered for like 10 year

recently I start to restore my hope for the anime industry

can't wait for the next episode
Jan 28, 2021 11:36 AM

Aug 2009
swordmaster2551 said:
rafaelfserafim said:
So Takano is remembering what she did in Minagoroshi through all these arcs? Rika doesn't even remember Minagoroshi lmao. I thought Nomura was bailing, but Takano was bailing instead. What interested me was already revealed, about what happened in Tokyo.

And some people were saying we were still on the question arcs lol. The answer arcs also end up badly. Ngl, Rika was pretty clever this time. She was sus, but needed evidence that Satoko was looping. Now all that is needed is restrain her and hammer down that shard on her neck. They both have weak bodies, but Satoko is at advantage though. I really hope that what happened in St. Lucia is shown at any part of the last arc.

Honestly, they should have let Satoko be dissected at the second year.

So I watched the og higurashi + kai, I know that st Lucia has been mentioned a few times this series. Is there another ova or something where we see her time at st Lucia?

No we didnt even know she went there till ep2 of Gou.

jTiKey said:
ssjokg said:
I mean her motive for leaving was explained.

Now why she made a 180? Who knows....Seems like the series doesn't really care. Or maybe this is also a trick and after "defeating" Satoko, Takano returns as the true final boss.

Since this world the "new" pawn's doing, makes sense that Satoko talked sense into Takano 🤣

Nah Takano just accepted defeat after a random "broccoli or cauliflower" test.
Jan 28, 2021 11:37 AM

Jan 2016
HOLY SHIT AMAKUSA IS THAT YOU

And as suspected, Satoko is the culprit. Which explains how people like Oishi and Akasaka caught the syndrome

My understanding is that Takano is obviously not being used as a piece by Lambdadelta anymore, but someone is obviously using Satoko. Who? My best guess would be Featherine, especially seeing as Hayuus horn was growing back the last time we saw her

Sasuga Ryukishi, never fails to dissapoint
FireFistYKJan 28, 2021 2:16 PM
Jan 28, 2021 11:38 AM

Aug 2014
z00nex said:
So Satoko was the looper all along? Damn that came out of nowhere. The reveal was great.

There was some hints on the previous arcs, people started to give that kind of theories since 2 o 3 arcs before, and in this one started to be quite obvious when Satoko knows a lot on the "removing guts" scene.
Jan 28, 2021 11:41 AM

Sep 2019
kofmaster said:
z00nex said:
So Satoko was the looper all along? Damn that came out of nowhere. The reveal was great.

There was some hints on the previous arcs, people started to give that kind of theories since 2 o 3 arcs before, and in this one started to be quite obvious when Satoko knows a lot on the "removing guts" scene.
I was the only one who didn't think about it then I guess. I know how dumb I am so it's no surprise lol.
Jan 28, 2021 11:42 AM
Sep 2008
Jin_uzuki said:
Moon_man2 said:

I actually thought the original was boring a lot of the time, because I didn't really enjoy the slice of life or the murders most of the time. But I kept watching because of the mystery, and when the senarios started to change in gou that's when it really got interesting for me.
... But literally half of Gou is the original story 1:1 without the original mysteries and extremely small changes...

I bet a lot of those small changes were just hints that satoko was looping. Pretty ballsy to spend a whole cour to just sprinkle 5 mins worth of hints.
Jan 28, 2021 11:46 AM
Sep 2008
ManWild said:
swordmaster2551 said:

So I watched the og higurashi + kai, I know that st Lucia has been mentioned a few times this series. Is there another ova or something where we see her time at st Lucia?

There isn't an ova for that

Damn so we never get to see that? I was wondering how after her win she ended up back in hinamizawa looping again
Jan 28, 2021 11:50 AM

Sep 2020
Medialuna said:
Where did she hide the weapon? WHY WAS SHE CARRYING A WEAPON IN THE FIRST PLACE? That was so dumb lmao.

I went on the forum just to ask that lol.
Forum avatar by © dorg
Jan 28, 2021 11:50 AM
Mar 2019
SUDDENLY, AMAKUSA: 10/10
Satoko forma de naruto 10/10

Overall rating: extremely kino
Jan 28, 2021 11:58 AM
Sep 2020
Tsukumo_Yuuma said:
Honestly i hated how predictable this episode was, we knew from Watadamashi that Satoko was sus and there was millions of Satoko looper theories and now it's just confirmed?! WTC was never this predictable. And the Takano stuff we kinda knew about too (we knew from Onidamashi that she isn't planning GHD this time).

This is how I feel. It's as if OG had had the Sonozakis as culprits. And as if it hadn't cast almost any suspicion on Takano and Ooishi.

Thanos_ said:
It is previous obvious now, the masterming is Lambdadelta using Satoko as proxy. All the discussion about someone rolling the dice and everything good happening sounds "Certainty" (Lambdadelta attribute) to me.

But I think Satoko it is a looper not in the same sense than Rika. She does not remember everthing like Rika, but remember when Lambda (her master) makes her remember and this trigger the red eye Satoko. Remembering the trap box trigger the transformation in this episode and Rika did all this to confirm her hypothesis.

That's an interesting possibility. But her constant reminding Rika to be happy and to love Hinamizawa and her seem to indicate she always remembers. Still, being possessed by Lambda would explain why she suddenly had her eyes glow red and pointed her gun at Rika. It almost seemed like someone was acting for her because, seriously, you want Rika to stay with you forever and when she does, you kill her over a small slip?

Jin_uzuki said:
ssjokg said:
Probably, maybe, we will find out. Or not. Who knows?

This could very well end up as "Satoko was lonely cause Rika went to a proper school and some higher power gave her looping powers", so it is anyone's guess till the series amazes us or disappoints us with an explanation.

Maybe we will get that Satoko was always a looper and just misses those good old days where everyone was dying.

It would honestly make Satoko one of the most irremediable characters in this franchise to be honest. I really wonder if R07 can get out of this situation without making you feel like everything in the original didn't matter and Teppei was the hero we deserved.

That's what I have been worrying about ever since the Satoko looper theories started. We can forgive Satoko for attempting to kill Keiichi in Tatarigoroshi because she's not herself at L5. But coldly calculating and planning gruesome deaths for Rika is a different level.

On the other hand, I'm still giving them the benefit of doubt because Matsuribayashi made me feel sorry for Takano at times. So who knows if they will make me feel sorry for Satoko. Admittedly, having your parents die early in life, then being physically and psychologically abused for months and then seeing the only person who had ever shown her kindness be mercilessly mocked for his life's work seems a better motive than "my best fwiend moved away and I felt wonewy".

Also, it's sad that this is the impression newcomers are going to get from Satoko. Not the girl who went through so much shit in life but still managed to stay strong and smile, not the girl who learned from her mistake with Satoshi and endured so much because she wanted to be strong for him, not the girl who learnt that being strong meant facing your problems and asking for help... but the loli who tortured and killed her best friend repeatedly because she moved away.

SkyLETV said:
Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaattattttttt!!!!!!!!!!

Ok, when Rika went to the shrine and started remembering what Hanyuu said, it automatically made me think that there was another looper besides her. Then, her conversation with Satoko made the latter look very suspicious and finally.... BAM! That happened, damn. You could see it coming but it was still shocking.

And again... whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaattt!!!

So, 2 military forces were behind all this? Tomitake, Takano, the lolicon doctor, that group of workers we had seen in previous arcs... Now that I remember, hadn't those people gone to attack Mion's place in her arc? We also have Hinamizawa syndrome in drug form, Satoko's brother alive in an underground lab but with the syndrome.... my brain is going to explode haha. This episode has too much to process for a first timer xD.

I'm so sorry to hear that :( there is a lot of information to process in one single episode. Of course I know you must be tired of hearing this, but I would recommend you to read the OG series (or watch the two first seasons of the anime if you don't want to read the VNs). While many of the mysteries are already resolved in Gou and you won't get as many surprises, there are many things that are explained in more detail and you can understand everything better, not only of the things you have mentioned, but also about the characters' motivations and personalities. Besides, even if you already have the answer to many mysteries, there are also some that aren't addressed in Gou and that can keep you interested in the story.
Jan 28, 2021 11:59 AM

Apr 2017
I watched this without watching any of the previous installment, and I'm lost and confused as fuck. I feel like there's so many things unexplained yet but the plot is already moving on and new audience like me are left going in blind and wondering what the actual fuck is going on. I also feel that the first 3 arcs or the first ~10 episodes were unnecessarily long and practically useless if they were just there to set up for this part about Rika/Satako being loopers. Like what's the fucking point in starting and up til the middle of the story from Keiichi's perspective?

I'm just gonna tank the rest of the episodes to the end and hope things will get explained because my enjoyment on this series so far is definitely low.
Jan 28, 2021 12:02 PM
Mar 2019
Xystus said:
I watched this without watching any of the previous installment, and I'm lost and confused as fuck.

Shouldn't have..
Jan 28, 2021 12:04 PM

Apr 2017
byams_pa said:
Xystus said:
I watched this without watching any of the previous installment, and I'm lost and confused as fuck.

Shouldn't have..

Maybe, but we were practically lied to. Author/writer whoever that was that posted the twitter that say this is a new reboot say that we can go in as new watcher.
Jan 28, 2021 12:05 PM
Sep 2008
random_weirdo said:
Tsukumo_Yuuma said:
Honestly i hated how predictable this episode was, we knew from Watadamashi that Satoko was sus and there was millions of Satoko looper theories and now it's just confirmed?! WTC was never this predictable. And the Takano stuff we kinda knew about too (we knew from Onidamashi that she isn't planning GHD this time).

This is how I feel. It's as if OG had had the Sonozakis as culprits. And as if it hadn't cast almost any suspicion on Takano and Ooishi.

Thanos_ said:
It is previous obvious now, the masterming is Lambdadelta using Satoko as proxy. All the discussion about someone rolling the dice and everything good happening sounds "Certainty" (Lambdadelta attribute) to me.

But I think Satoko it is a looper not in the same sense than Rika. She does not remember everthing like Rika, but remember when Lambda (her master) makes her remember and this trigger the red eye Satoko. Remembering the trap box trigger the transformation in this episode and Rika did all this to confirm her hypothesis.

That's an interesting possibility. But her constant reminding Rika to be happy and to love Hinamizawa and her seem to indicate she always remembers. Still, being possessed by Lambda would explain why she suddenly had her eyes glow red and pointed her gun at Rika. It almost seemed like someone was acting for her because, seriously, you want Rika to stay with you forever and when she does, you kill her over a small slip?

Jin_uzuki said:

It would honestly make Satoko one of the most irremediable characters in this franchise to be honest. I really wonder if R07 can get out of this situation without making you feel like everything in the original didn't matter and Teppei was the hero we deserved.

That's what I have been worrying about ever since the Satoko looper theories started. We can forgive Satoko for attempting to kill Keiichi in Tatarigoroshi because she's not herself at L5. But coldly calculating and planning gruesome deaths for Rika is a different level.

On the other hand, I'm still giving them the benefit of doubt because Matsuribayashi made me feel sorry for Takano at times. So who knows if they will make me feel sorry for Satoko. Admittedly, having your parents die early in life, then being physically and psychologically abused for months and then seeing the only person who had ever shown her kindness be mercilessly mocked for his life's work seems a better motive than "my best fwiend moved away and I felt wonewy".

Also, it's sad that this is the impression newcomers are going to get from Satoko. Not the girl who went through so much shit in life but still managed to stay strong and smile, not the girl who learned from her mistake with Satoshi and endured so much because she wanted to be strong for him, not the girl who learnt that being strong meant facing your problems and asking for help... but the loli who tortured and killed her best friend repeatedly because she moved away.

SkyLETV said:
Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaattattttttt!!!!!!!!!!

Ok, when Rika went to the shrine and started remembering what Hanyuu said, it automatically made me think that there was another looper besides her. Then, her conversation with Satoko made the latter look very suspicious and finally.... BAM! That happened, damn. You could see it coming but it was still shocking.

And again... whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaattt!!!

So, 2 military forces were behind all this? Tomitake, Takano, the lolicon doctor, that group of workers we had seen in previous arcs... Now that I remember, hadn't those people gone to attack Mion's place in her arc? We also have Hinamizawa syndrome in drug form, Satoko's brother alive in an underground lab but with the syndrome.... my brain is going to explode haha. This episode has too much to process for a first timer xD.

I'm so sorry to hear that :( there is a lot of information to process in one single episode. Of course I know you must be tired of hearing this, but I would recommend you to read the OG series (or watch the two first seasons of the anime if you don't want to read the VNs). While many of the mysteries are already resolved in Gou and you won't get as many surprises, there are many things that are explained in more detail and you can understand everything better, not only of the things you have mentioned, but also about the characters' motivations and personalities. Besides, even if you already have the answer to many mysteries, there are also some that aren't addressed in Gou and that can keep you interested in the story.

So its possible that satako's looping buddy doesn't know that rika retains her memories 100% now and is just gonna kill them all to try again next world.
Jan 28, 2021 12:08 PM
Sep 2020
Xystus said:
I also feel that the first 3 arcs or the first ~10 episodes were unnecessarily long and practically useless if they were just there to set up for this part about Rika/Satako being loopers. Like what's the fucking point in starting and up til the middle of the story from Keiichi's perspective?

To be fair, in OG, starting out with Keiichi's perspective made sense. It was the way you were introduced to the mystery, because you saw things through the eyes of a newcomer. After that, you started to expand the POVs to other characters and you started learning new things and seeing different perspectives. And finally, when you got Rika's POV, it seemed like a natural progression of the story.
Jan 28, 2021 12:09 PM
Oct 2011
swordmaster2551 said:
random_weirdo said:

So its possible that satako's looping buddy doesn't know that rika retains her memories 100% now and is just gonna kill them all to try again next world.

I think this is possible. Satoko does not know Rika is a looper. Maybe she will discover this next.
Jan 28, 2021 12:09 PM
Jul 2018
lol'd at the random ass gun

assuming this is lambda, i wonder if they are going to be explicit about her character
Jan 28, 2021 12:12 PM

Aug 2014
Xystus said:
I watched this without watching any of the previous installment, and I'm lost and confused as fuck. I feel like there's so many things unexplained yet but the plot is already moving on and new audience like me are left going in blind and wondering what the actual fuck is going on. I also feel that the first 3 arcs or the first ~10 episodes were unnecessarily long and practically useless if they were just there to set up for this part about Rika/Satako being loopers. Like what's the fucking point in starting and up til the middle of the story from Keiichi's perspective?

I'm just gonna tank the rest of the episodes to the end and hope things will get explained because my enjoyment on this series so far is definitely low.

I could explain some non spoiler stuff.

Well, since this is a sequel a lot of stuff have sense just if you know the whole thing, I'm 100% sure that Takano thing was a WTF for new watchers for example.

The first 3 arcs was thinking for old watchers, those arcs are "remakes" of previous loops with some twists and hints pointing on a different direction.

About the Keiichi perspective, that's how Higurashi always worked, the "main character" is Rika, but that wasn't revelated until later, in the first arc, Keiichi was infected and he looked everyone as an enemy that wanted to kill him, that was the started bait in order to make you reach to a wrong conclusion (thinking that the whole town was crazy and stuff like that to get you away from the truth).

So Keiichi being the main character on the first Question arc is a bait and a help for mistery issues for the readers, since Keiichi is a newcomer he needs info about what's happening or the characters/town's past.
Jan 28, 2021 12:14 PM
Sep 2020
swordmaster2551 said:
random_weirdo said:

It's the most likely explanation. Otherwise, Satoko would need now to keep on spawnkilling Rika forever now that her cover is blown.

Still, the mistake was so incredibly stupid (a punch in the box shouldn't be that painful) and easy to cover up that it seems like whoever it was finally decided to reveal themselves.

I am wondering about Onigari-no-ryou, though. I'm guessing that Satoko has it to prevent someone from killing her? But she probably broke it of while taking it out of the statue and kinda forgot the shard. Will we ever see the whole sword again? Or will we have to do with Rika's shard?
Jan 28, 2021 12:17 PM
Mar 2018
bruuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuh
Jan 28, 2021 12:22 PM

Apr 2009
Jin_uzuki said:
Tbh "witches made me do it" is almost as bad as "I put you through an inhuman torture because I was lonely :(".

It's called "Lazy plot called for it"
Jan 28, 2021 12:24 PM

Apr 2009
ssjokg said:

Nah Takano just accepted defeat after a random "broccoli or cauliflower" test.

Mindblown! 😯😯😯
Jan 28, 2021 12:29 PM

Feb 2015
Can someone here on MAL finally approve the change to SEQUEL, please? I submitted that change like 5 times by now and Kai has not only been completely spoiled, but nothing that happened makes sense if you haven't seen the OG + Kai or read the VN ._.

So we were right about Satoko after all, it was kinda obvious cause she's been acting so extremely weird ever since this new show started. Ah by the way, this is also something no one who's new to Higurashi would've picked up on :)

I'm honestly kinda mad that this was marketed as a reboot and nobody listend to everyone who told them that this wasn't great for newcomers. I've seen so many people regret not watching the previous seasons by now.
StormxNightmareJan 28, 2021 12:40 PM
There's no possible way you can steal my heart

I want to drown in this sweet Melancholy
Jan 28, 2021 12:36 PM

Feb 2016
I almost screamed at the end because I swear upon Oyashiro sama that is fucking Lambda. Knew I was smelling Witch ever since the anime aired.

(If anyone is interested in doing Umineko go fuck with the manga or visual novel. The anime is trash)
Jan 28, 2021 12:40 PM

Jul 2008
Re: Umineko stuff, I still feel like even after this episode, other than the Featherine(?) silhouette in the OP, nothing has hinted at Umineko at all (unless "spooky red eyes" is supposed to mean something).
Jan 28, 2021 12:41 PM

Feb 2015
Ah, I forgot to mention this, but this is my prediction:
It's Satoko and Hanyuu. She left Rika to work with Satoko to get her to stay. It's dumb, but wouldn't suprise me at this point. Even tho her telling Rika about the shard wouldn't make sense then, so scratch that ig.
And where is Shion? She hasn't really been there except for the lake scene.

Also, @jaw201
Literally 90% of the people who are familiar with Higurashi suspected Satoko sice like 3 arcs ago, so get off your high horse. I didn't say anything in the last few discussions, but the way you're acting like everyone else is just to dumb to get it is pretentious at best ._.
StormxNightmareJan 28, 2021 12:56 PM
There's no possible way you can steal my heart

I want to drown in this sweet Melancholy
Jan 28, 2021 12:44 PM

Jan 2019
Probably one of my favorite episodes from this season both context and progression wise. At this point if you don t have at least a bit of understanding about Umineko s gimmiks its like watching this from an anime only's perspective even if you're like an OG watcher of the series (but with more context on the characters and overall target)
Ryukishi u sly fox...
Can't wait to see how this will be going further from now on.
Ushiromiya Battler, right now, on this island, no one exists except for you. You're the only one alive in this island. However I'm here right now, and i'm about to kill you. Who... am I?
Jan 28, 2021 12:45 PM
Sep 2008
One other thing man, whatever happened between kai and gou really fucked with hanyuu
Jan 28, 2021 12:46 PM

Jan 2020
swordmaster2551 said:
ManWild said:

There isn't an ova for that

Damn so we never get to see that? I was wondering how after her win she ended up back in hinamizawa looping again

Sadly. The only times we saw the Rika St. Lucia stuff was only the very small flashback bits of Gou. I'm interested in that as well so I'm hoping for an eventual ova or perhaps more context for that stuff in the future of Gou. Might be unlikely but it would definitely be interesting

Jan 28, 2021 12:59 PM
Sep 2020
Everyone has been talking about how stupid it is for Satoko to get her gun out of nowhere, but if she had achieved her happy ending, why did she bring it in the first place? And how come three grown ass teenagers didn't act immediately to wrestle away the gun from a 11 year old child? I still think it was stupid how the villagers didn't try to subdue Ooishi en masse and take away his gun, but at the very least he has the excuse of being a very strong adult. Satoko has none of that, ffs.

StormxNightmare said:
Ah, I forgot to mention this, but this is my prediction:
It's Satoko and Hanyuu. She left Rika to work with Satoko to get her to stay. It's dumb, but wouldn't suprise me at this point. Even tho her telling Rika about the shard wouldn't make sense then, so it won't come true after all.

Yeah, Hanyuu has a semblance of a motive (it's stupid, but if it's Satoko's motive it could be Hanyuu's too) and she certainly has the most knowledge on how to break Rika. Also, her glitching and repeating herself in ep. 14 and Satoko being an Oyashiro-sama fan all of a sudden are sus factors. But why would she tell Rika about the sword to kill other loopers? Unless she really intended for Rika to kill herself... or she had a machiavellian plan to let Satoko do the muscle work and then get her killed so Rika and Hanyuu became happy once again. But if that were the case, I would really, really hate them for ruining not one, but two beautiful characters.
Jan 28, 2021 1:02 PM

Jan 2021
Great EP, but now i'm really sad at the fact that everyone's arc were remade with a lil' spin so it wasn't like their previous versions, but there's no Rena arc at all ( Tsumihoroboshi-hen)
Like, in the ending appeared things like the rivalry of mion and shion, satoko's abussive uncle, keiichi hitting satokos uncle and rena's drunk dad.

But seeing that satokowashi-hen will be the last one, makes me wonder a ton.
Jan 28, 2021 1:07 PM

Apr 2017
kofmaster said:
Xystus said:

Well, since this is a sequel a lot of stuff have sense just if you know the whole thing, I'm 100% sure that Takano thing was a WTF for new watchers for example.

The first 3 arcs was thinking for old watchers, those arcs are "remakes" of previous loops with some twists and hints pointing on a different direction.

About the Keiichi perspective, that's how Higurashi always worked, the "main character" is Rika, but that wasn't revelated until later, in the first arc, Keiichi was infected and he looked everyone as an enemy that wanted to kill him, that was the started bait in order to make you reach to a wrong conclusion (thinking that the whole town was crazy and stuff like that to get you away from the truth).

So Keiichi being the main character on the first Question arc is a bait and a help for mistery issues for the readers, since Keiichi is a newcomer he needs info about what's happening or the characters/town's past.

After listening to you and random_weirdo, I feel like they butchered the whole Keiichi's part in this series because it was executed so badly here. Too little explanation given for both the characters and the story.
Jan 28, 2021 1:24 PM

Oct 2015
I was confused a bit just like Rika. Satoko was acting kinda suspiciously and a part of me at the end was like "I knew it!!!" Tho where did she get a gun and hide it?!
Overall was an okay episode ^^
Jan 28, 2021 1:26 PM
Jul 2014
RebelPanda said:
Medialuna said:
Where did she hide the weapon? WHY WAS SHE CARRYING A WEAPON IN THE FIRST PLACE? That was so dumb lmao.
I didn't even think of that LMAO. I think they wanted it to end on a cliff hanger and hoped we wouldn't notice.

What are you guys saying? Satoko has a bag on her back.
Jan 28, 2021 1:27 PM

Aug 2009
Forgot that we need a good explanation for Lambda doing this if she is involved.

"i was bored" isnt gonna cut it.
Jan 28, 2021 1:31 PM

Sep 2014
So much for the "evil satoko is a ruse" theory, she even has the red eyes. And she can summon guns from the void too! Just when I was thinking that we havent seen Dark Rikas Bernkastel side in a long time..
(IIRC Bernkastel was also only ever named in Higurashi Rei)

dont know what to think of this, Rika having a looping enemy is certainly interesting, I dont think its necessary after she managed to win in the end of Kai to bring this all back though. Why cant she finally reach a peaceful world? What is the goal of whoever controls satoko? First she convinces Rika that life is good then she kills her?
Maybe Im just too afraid of this going down the drain.
With a bunch of episodes left the plot could still go anywhere. Now that Rika knows Satoko loops too..

I feel bad for all the newcomers who got tricked into thinking this isnt a sequel. Really Takanos apology completely ruins the suspense of Kai.

PS: The worst thing is this isnt even a proper sequel since it skips the part where Rika leaves hinamizawa, which is supposedly the reason for why Rika has to go through this now. If you just watched the anime there is nothing indicating Rika ever leaving the village..

PPS: I really want Rika to go all "higurashi rei" on Satoko again now.

@Xystus I dont think it can get worse for spoilers, but I would suggest putting this on hold and going back to watch the original shows first.
Comander-07Jan 28, 2021 1:45 PM
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Jan 28, 2021 1:32 PM
May 2019
Very interesting episode
Jan 28, 2021 1:39 PM

Jun 2011
okay so it's cool that we finally have some kind of confirmation that satoko indeed a culprit in this series (or a pawn of some main culprit)
and it could have been a cool idea and make an interesting story
BUT
this season was done SO BADLY
i don't feel like rewatching the previous episodes that felt like a remake of OG higu with only small changes, to catch hints of satoko looping (assuming there were hints, aside from the most recent episodes where it was pretty much certain)
so many episodes felt WASTED
and the grand revelation this episodes was so DUMB lol
satoko acted as if getting hit by that jack in the box was so traumatic and painful like the stuff that happened to her bc of teppei LOL
and that gun out of nowhere
the creepy eyes look dumb too, they looked dumb on rika earlier and meh, all of the execution makes this plot twist so cheap and bad

....i still want to know what the truth behind the stuff happening in this season is, but... every episode makes me roll my eyes

ALSO. telling the newcomers it's safe to start with gou was a DICK MOVE from the author.
it was funny after the first ep when we were all trolled and surprised because we were convinved it was a remake, BUT after that, there REALLY has been some serious statement for the newcomers to GO BACK to OG

GOU SUCKS

btw. i just thought: the opening lyrics make more sense now. "i've been closer to you than anyone, i felt your happiness and tears" or something like that, "she wanted it all" satoko did apparently.
Jan 28, 2021 1:41 PM

May 2014
What the fuck is even happening anymore?
Jan 28, 2021 1:49 PM

Aug 2014
Xystus said:
kofmaster said:

After listening to you and random_weirdo, I feel like they butchered the whole Keiichi's part in this series because it was executed so badly here. Too little explanation given for both the characters and the story.

I think the main reason to that was the second episode that already shows that Rika is the main character and state for old watchers that this is a sequel (Rika talk about stuff that happened on the second season), but you're still following the old arcs with some twists so they kept the Keiichi's perspective because that's how the old arcs worked, but skipping a lot of explanations because "old watchers already knows".

It's really confusing some details if you didn't watched the old show/manga/visual novel.

When they said that new watchers could start fresh with this, was one of the biggest trolling moves i saw lol.
Jan 28, 2021 1:54 PM

Apr 2013
Satoko being the culprit and looper doesn't make sense given her character, suggesting this really is just a completely different Hinamizawa altogether and the Rika from the end of "Dice-Killing" is living her life as she pleases while Bernkastel... somehow got stuck back in the loop despite being cast out. Takano not bothering to explain to Rika her own thought-process and instead saying "You wouldn't understand" is just the easy way out of saying "Lol you don't deserve an answer to everything you've been forced to go through."

Unless the whole point of Gou was we're getting both the origin story of Bernkastel and Lambdadelta (or at least how they met) which then acts as a bridge to Umineko, this all just feels like a cop-out filler to appease Higurashi/Umineko fans who wanted a new anime. But with the added bonus of Ryukishi going the way of Hideaki Anno in showing his displeasure toward the fanbase by burning it all down before their faces while waving around a giant middle finger knowing his fanbase was still going to grovel and kiss his toes.

Also the glowing eyes to show the difference between personalities is the dumbest direction to have taken in animation since I guess coming up with unique facial expressions is hard and there needs to be a cheap way to scare the viewers. Bernkastel has a stony, apathetic, cold look to her whenever she revealed herself in both the sound novel and original anime, she never had glowy eyes to show the audience (and possibly also the characters in-story, but I seriously think it's just for the audience) "This isn't who you think it is". If Satoko is Lambda all along here, the crazy twisted personality should show through instead of giving her the same damn glowing eyes Rika has.

The new ED better slap, the OP and ED have honestly been the only things keeping me coming back since I like the songs, and the pictures in the ED are really gorgeous.
Jan 28, 2021 1:56 PM
Oct 2020
Everyone has been talking about how stupid it is for Satoko to get her gun out of nowhere, but if she had achieved her happy ending, why did she bring it in the first place?

Why not?
If there was an x ​​factor that could destroy my plans and I have the ability to reset the world when I want I would take it with me.
And please, the part of why Keichi and the others didn't block Satoko is ridiculous ...
PlayMaker22Jan 28, 2021 2:10 PM
Jan 28, 2021 1:56 PM

May 2015
I wonder how much of what Satoko did was faked, and how much of it was real. I'm unsure how one can kill their friends trying to help them, and then act like it's all peachy the next time you see them.

Maybe these next episodes will change our POV.
Jan 28, 2021 2:14 PM
Sep 2008
Zetsubear95 said:
I almost screamed at the end because I swear upon Oyashiro sama that is fucking Lambda. Knew I was smelling Witch ever since the anime aired.

(If anyone is interested in doing Umineko go fuck with the manga or visual novel. The anime is trash)

I read umineko until I read one twist that retroactively made the series shit for me so I stopped :(
Jan 28, 2021 2:19 PM
Oct 2020
ssjokg said:

Such a stupid way to blow her cover. If at least it was shown that it hurt like hell in that episode this reaction would make sense.

?????????
So if someone wants to give me a chewing gum similar to the electric ones they made a prank of on me I can't be afraid of it because it didn't have a 1 million volt shock? Well, I think I'll remember it in the future
Jan 28, 2021 2:21 PM

Aug 2009
PlayMaker22 said:
ssjokg said:

Such a stupid way to blow her cover. If at least it was shown that it hurt like hell in that episode this reaction would make sense.

?????????
So if I saw a chewing gum similar to the electric ones they made a prank of on me I can't be afraid of it because it didn't have a 1 million volt shock? Well, I think I'll remember it in the future

I would be lying if I said I was expecting some better reply from you or jaw; I am not Ryukishi, have no reason to lie to you.
Jan 28, 2021 2:24 PM
Oct 2020
ssjokg said:

I would be lying if I said I was expecting some better reply from you or jaw; I am not Ryukishi, have no reason to lie to you.

I would be lying if I said I was expecting some good critics or intelligent comments, but hey, we are in MAL! It's better to nitpick or to create on your own reasons to be right I guess

Jan 28, 2021 2:29 PM

Aug 2009
PlayMaker22 said:
ssjokg said:

I would be lying if I said I was expecting some good critics or intelligent comments, but hey, we are in MAL! It's better to nitpick or to create on your own reasons to be right I guess

I mean.... You certainly aren't wrong.
Jan 28, 2021 2:42 PM
Oct 2020
I much preferred random_weirdo's posts who at least tried to argue something and say why Satoko's revelation felt stupid with compelling reasons than "Hurr durr how can she react this way, it's impossible because the blow wasn't so strong to justify that in that first episodee" (although it is evident that she tried to dodge the blow). Or even just the
"the gun came out of nowhere, that's so stupid xdxdxdxd"
Unbelievable, she hid the gun for all to see, it's not normal, right? The only thing I might have added was to show with a short cut satoko taking the gun from her skirt, but that wasn't necessary since the point of the scene was something else, and that anyone could understand where the gun comes from (but apparently ...).
Moogy-sensei was right, low effort messages are pretty much the majority here
PlayMaker22Jan 28, 2021 2:45 PM
Jan 28, 2021 2:44 PM

Sep 2020

Call me an idiot, but unless we have proof that Satoko is the mastermind behind all of these incidents, you can't claim that she is the culprit.

Also remember that the loopers are victims of logic errors. This probably means that
got logic errored, which is why she is looping in the first place. I'm not sure why Rika is still looping, but the previous episode makes much more sense if you think about it.

Pages (7) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Gou Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Danpmss - Mar 11, 2021

314 by StarryyChai »»
Jun 19, 1:55 PM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Gou Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 18, 2021

395 by Stinkyanimebrap »»
Mar 19, 9:57 PM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Gou Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 25, 2021

314 by Drinzen »»
Feb 20, 2:59 PM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Gou Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

KANLen09 - Jan 14, 2021

317 by Drinzen »»
Feb 20, 1:11 PM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Gou Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

KANLen09 - Jan 7, 2021

166 by Drinzen »»
Feb 17, 3:54 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.