Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Jan 28, 2021 11:25 AM
Jan 2020
mark_zucc said:
Af071006 said:

i sure hope so :( i just wanted to see yuugo animated so bad

second that, but honestly

oh god please no...
Jan 28, 2021 11:29 AM

Jan 2021
TheOneOfSeven said:
mark_zucc said:

second that, but honestly
That would be just too cruel D:

monkima ook ook.
Jan 28, 2021 11:32 AM

Jun 2019
Well, the shelter's gone now. Poor kids can't even catch a break. And looks like Mumma is going back to the shelter to retrieve all kids back. Idk what those demons told her, maybe something about Ray but who knows. We'll know eventually.
Jan 28, 2021 11:34 AM

Aug 2019
As an anime-only, I'm led to believe that they've cut out some characters, and shortened an arc right down which takes place in the shelter? Correct?

In any case, I'm still enjoying the series, and it was good to see what looked like Isabella(?) again. On the verge of being killed, and then being offered a rather tasty out.

Attackonramen said:
Still can’t believe the cut the entire Goldy pond arc (T ^ T) I mean, they’ve completely changed everything.
The first season was already so disappointing for me, but now... it just got worse!

You're kidding right? I thought the 1st season was fantastic. One of the best anime I'd seen over the last few years.
Jan 28, 2021 11:39 AM

Jan 2016
Ok, them leaving the shelter so fast was weird, but I can forgive that. Why did they make Isabella evil again? She had such a great sendoff in season 1 and now they just ruined her character...
Jan 28, 2021 11:43 AM

Mar 2016
HOLY. FRIGGING. YIKES.
They changed so much to the point where it's turned into a totally different storyline altogether, and not in a good way at all.
Also, the anime CONTINUES to be tone-deaf as hell with a perplexing lack of proper transitions and befitting BG music, and boy, how silly it is that the children managed to get away with SO MUCH SHIT (I know they're smart as hell, but cmon, man...).

This is an inevitable trainwreck to nowhere fast.
Jan 28, 2021 11:44 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Hmm a recording huh twas expected. But it looks like Minerva was someone who found his conscience after finding out the truth. Despite the revelation its nice to see them renew their determination by starting building a foundation from which to start from. But the enemy sure struck faster than expected. Its unfortunate that they were forced to flee the shelter after forging such a long path there. At the same time looks like a old enemy is being sent to bring them back as well. Someone that knows them quite well.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 28, 2021 11:46 AM
Jan 2021
Ardis160 said:
So it really is The Promised Neverland: Root A, lmao.
Fuck this adaptation.

Let's not kid ourselves here. The author is the one writing this season. Root A had author input and did the complete opposite thing of what he wished.
Jan 28, 2021 11:46 AM

Sep 2010
Meh, i'm glad i read the manga
Jan 28, 2021 11:50 AM
May 2018
"Ah look, this manga is so popular. Let's make an anime out of it."
"I got a genius idea! let's make an anime original cause we know we can make a better job than the author himself, right?!"
"And to do so, let's bring the author that we think sucks at writing to write our original, Subarashii!!"

I really don't understand how these anime studio function on a daily basis!
Jan 28, 2021 11:51 AM

Nov 2014
Not a faithful adaptation, but so far the story makes sense. I don't mind anime-original plot as long as it doesn't make characters OOC, going against already set rules, going against the author's intention regarding the direction of the story, and/or making it so the development doesn't make sense. So far, they've cut out a lot of content and pretty much skipped straight to season 3/4 content. It's not faithful but it still makes sense. Let's hope it doesn't get worse.
Jan 28, 2021 11:51 AM
Jul 2020
xenosys said:
As an anime-only, I'm led to believe that they've cut out some characters, and shortened an arc right down which takes place in the shelter? Correct?

In any case, I'm still enjoying the series, and it was good to see what looked like Isabella(?) again. On the verge of being killed, and then being offered a rather tasty out.

Attackonramen said:
Still can’t believe the cut the entire Goldy pond arc (T ^ T) I mean, they’ve completely changed everything.
The first season was already so disappointing for me, but now... it just got worse!

You're kidding right? I thought the 1st season was fantastic. One of the best anime I'd seen over the last few years.

I’m sorry, but as a manga reader, I felt that something was off ‘cause of the lack of inner monologues. I am such a fan of the manga (it’s one of my favourite), but I think the adaptation wasn’t that good. Of course, this is just my opinion! (.•́ _ʖ •̀.)
Jan 28, 2021 11:52 AM
Jan 2020
as a manga reader i am disappointed that it’s basically going original
Jan 28, 2021 11:55 AM
Aug 2020
i don't think is as bad as you all say. but it's true that the anime is going to be different from the manga. that's dissapointing but i'm exited to see what they do with the show
Jan 28, 2021 11:58 AM

Jan 2011
well the manga ending sucked anyway, they give the author another chance to fix it, let's see what will happen
Jan 28, 2021 11:59 AM
May 2020
I don't get the hate from manga readers- sure, they may have skipped out certain characters/arcs, but who's to say we won't get them in the future? It's like the writers are diverting our attention; plus, anime only watchers like me won't get spoiled on some things! As someone who just watches the show, I loved this episode entirely and I don't think anyone can judge this season having only watched four episodes. :)
Jan 28, 2021 12:00 PM
May 2020
Even anime onlys can say this episode was so rushed.__. , hopefully they won't discard Yuugo .__., All the kids are on the run again? Maybe all of them will end up in the goldypond? Damn, so much confusion.

Mar 2020
Still no Yuugo. Please excuse me while i'm crying for the million time

Mar 2016
it's exciting as a manga reader to see what an alternate plot may look like seeing as i wasn't a big fan of the ending!
that is if it's done well.

i was really disappointed and it just seemed like a whole lotta nothing took place. we don't want the cute montages of their family, that's what season one was for.

strawberaetaeJan 28, 2021 12:09 PM

Jan 28, 2021 12:01 PM

Apr 2011
Ohh, so this adaptation really took a different route :o I'll probably read the manga after this season.

BTW, as an anime only, I actually enjoyed this episode.

Jan 28, 2021 12:02 PM

Mar 2016
fuck_my_life_707 said:
Still no Yuugo. Please excuse me while i'm crying for the million time

he's so so so so fine

Jan 28, 2021 12:03 PM

Aug 2012
expired_0 said:
Seeing how everybody is disappointed in how the anime is straying away from the manga, should I give the manga a go?

Emm even if the anime went original from this point, the manga from chapter 70 starts getting boring (the chapters that should be adapted in this season)
I am really happy that they are changing things this season because I just wanna know what's going on.
Mario_IslaJan 28, 2021 12:07 PM
Jan 28, 2021 12:04 PM

Mar 2017
How the hell did those soldiers find the hideout that quickly? It seems like they must've already known about it but I'm not sure how. Things just got 10x worse for the kids because I'm pretty sure Isabel is the only person who could catch the kids, she did raise them after all.
Jan 28, 2021 12:05 PM

Feb 2020
i havent even watched the episode but reading the forum

Jan 28, 2021 12:06 PM

Nov 2014
Attackonramen said:
I doubt they have cut out the GP arc entirely...Maybe they'll introduce it differently.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 28, 2021 12:06 PM
Apr 2016
Dukino said:
Y'all are ridiculous. Trashing the anime cause its not following your precious manga to the letter. So pathetic whining I swear. Just go read the manga and gtfo if you have such a big issue with it. This is dumb all the complaining.

Is it so hard to be excited about what could possibly come from the manga author getting to rework their OWN STORY? its their work let them do with it what they will

People being this disappointed is 100% valid. There are several fan favorite characters, and an insanely hyped story arc that looks like it won’t be getting adapted at all now.

And anime reboots don’t happen often. So it’s quite likely that either the arc will never be adapted, or we’ll be waiting a really long time before a reboot adapting the entire story gets announced.
Jan 28, 2021 12:07 PM

Nov 2014
umjis said:
i havent even watched the episode but reading the forum

Introduced differently, we shall see. If you see the names on the wall inside of the room, then it's a chance of foreshadowing.
Jan 28, 2021 12:08 PM

Jul 2020
At least we know Mister existed in the anime, since the wall with names is there and the diary entries resemble things he would say.

I am worried since the diary said "I will also pursue the human world" (something along those lines). Did he try to leave and died outside? Or will he appear later on?

I'm hoping the latter is true.
Jan 28, 2021 12:09 PM

Nov 2014
Tiagura said:
"Ah look, this manga is so popular. Let's make an anime out of it."
"I got a genius idea! let's make an anime original cause we know we can make a better job than the author himself, right?!"
"And to do so, let's bring the author that we think sucks at writing to write our original, Subarashii!!"

I really don't understand how these anime studio function on a daily basis!
You gotta be kidding me and I hope you are sarcastic. This was the author's own idea and request since they didn't like how the manga turned out.
Jan 28, 2021 12:10 PM
Jan 2020
TheOneOfSeven said:
Attackonramen said:
I doubt they have cut out the GP arc entirely...Maybe they'll introduce it differently.

i think they will add it since emma has the braid from the arc in the op.
hopefully yuugo and mister are present there as they are what makes the arc great
Jan 28, 2021 12:11 PM

Nov 2014
wasd_qwerty said:
TheOneOfSeven said:

i think they will add it since emma has the braid from the arc in the op.
hopefully yuugo and mister are present there as they are what makes the arc great
That is what I have been saying all this time to others D: Emma has the braid which she gets in the GP arc, so there is a high chance for Mister and the others to show, but differently.
Jan 28, 2021 12:17 PM
Jan 2021
I didn't read the manga, I don't know what happens with the Goldy Pond arc, haven't a clue who Yuugo (sorry if I misspelled the name) is. Which part did the the anime leave in and which did it stray from in regards to the material source, I really couldn't tell you.....

All of these things don't matter. I know shit writing when I'm viewing shit writing.

The whole s2 has been unnatural plot point exposition narratives badly disguised as conversational character dialogue. This has made the characters who've been constructed in the first season so beautifully, and turned them into 1 dimensional caricatures with as much depth as cardboard cut outs.

The episodes feel rushed while at the same time, nothing much has even happened. We are literally back at square 1. Same place we were when S2 premiered the first episode. (Evidently enough they decided to even recycle the very same damn footage they used in the first episode of S2)

Why is there so much focus on trivial irrelevant scenes? I don't want to watch and rewatch them take a bath or shower, I don't need to see Nat constantly play songs on the piano. This isn't a concert we came to view, we came to watch a story about children escaping a death farm, strategizing and training then implementing a plan to enact some sort of guerrilla warfare and sabotage to help rescue the rest of their brethren. I don't want to waste time watching instead, the kids fumbling around trying to catch land fish for a good chunk of the episode.

WTH? Seriously, what is going on with this show? What a waste of potential this show had for developing a really epic series that started us all off with a bang....only to end it with a brain fart.

Sorry, to all who are still enjoying themselves with this series, I'm happy for you, but for me, I am feeling a massive let down over what the show has become, so far.
Ergo_Kitty_KatJan 28, 2021 12:20 PM
Jan 28, 2021 12:17 PM

Nov 2014
And I want to admit some manga-readers scare me *Shivers*
Jan 28, 2021 12:21 PM

Jun 2019
They are taking this in an interesting direction. Having the kids’ safe spot being discovered before they could come up with plan puts them at a huge disadvantage in hostile territory. Plus, with Isabella on the attack, I am interested to see where they go from here.
Jan 28, 2021 12:24 PM
Jul 2018
I really don't understand why manga readers are mad about this. Sure, they skipped/cut a lot of content (whether good or bad) but maybe better things will be added later. One episode is not enough to judge whether season 2 going anime-original was a good idea or not.

We couldn't see Yuugo this episode as well, but I think they will introduce him differently later on. Pretty excited to see how things will go.
removed-userJan 28, 2021 12:29 PM
Jan 28, 2021 12:26 PM

Nov 2016
Disapointed ngl, the only thing that would need anime original was the end of the manga, not Goldy Pond, omg, it was one of the best things the manga had, and they decided to go full original, I can't with this shit, the quality is good, but the story will be trash.
AlvaritoterreosJan 28, 2021 12:31 PM
Jan 28, 2021 12:27 PM

Aug 2016
Af071006 said:
I AM BEYOND FURIOUS RIGHT NOW. THEY CUT OUT THR ENTIRE GOLDY POND ARC FROM THE ANIME. THE GOLDY POND ARC WAS THE BEST AND MOST EMOTIONAL AND IT INTRODUCED MY FAVORITE CHARACTERS. CLOVERWORKS CUT YUUGO FROM THE MANGA AND WHAT IS GOING TO HAPPEN ST THE END SINCE THEY WERENT ABLE TO MEET THR DEMONS AT GOLDY POND??? also besides the fact that they are COMPLETELY deviating from the manga, this series has felt so rushed so far but spends the majority of episodes focusing on trivial things. just read the manga everyone, it's so much better and more emotional.

goldy pound is overrated. battle royale and gantz did manhunting arcs way better.
:v
Jan 28, 2021 12:30 PM

Aug 2016
SnowPox said:
I really don't understand why manga readers are mad about this. Sure, they skipped/cut a lot of content (whether good or bad) but maybe better things will be added later. One episode is not enough to judge whether season 2 going anime-original was a good idea or not.

as a manga reader, I have mixed feelings. yes, they cut lot of great things I liked in the manga and thats infuriating, but at the same time, the anime is going in such a wierd and unpredictable direction Im not actualy bored by it.
:v
Jan 28, 2021 12:32 PM
Aug 2009
I am so disappointed.They skipped one of the best arcs. Emma vs Lewis. Yuugo.
This was going to be the best arc.
They should have done an original of the ending.
Not this.
They lost my interest. This is pathetic.
Please fire the director and producer. This author is dead to me.
Jan 28, 2021 12:35 PM
Mar 2020
I was so sad after this episode...I tried to enjoy the original content as a manga reader but I can't enjoy this random stuff that doesn't make any sence at all! The plot is so messed up I can't even imagine how this can be good. We started so well with a fantastic season 1 I never imagined the same studio would make such a bad season 2. Just read the manga is 100 times better, in my opinion.
Jan 28, 2021 12:39 PM

Jul 2013
another great episode. the kids got to enjoy the shelter for like a month before things turned bad. as always, Rossi (derpy! Norman) was cute and amusing. i shouldn't have been surprised, but i was SO happy the kids had an escape plan in preparation for an attack/emergency.

one compliant/confusion i had though was about the HELP room. no one even discussed it...
Jan 28, 2021 12:39 PM

Jun 2014
When I revisited the manga after last week's episode I realized, Yuugo was supposed to show up based on the events that had occurred. I didn't know yet that the anime was going original, so I figured it was no big deal, maybe they were rearranging some scenes to introduce him this week. Clearly I was mistaken. It's just so ridiculous that they would be doing an original story when they literally have a completely finished source material to work with. Even with the mangaka's supervision, why would the mangaka also go for an original route rather than wanting to see what they poured so much blood sweat and tears into be brought to life and adapted as accurately as possible? These next couple arcs were pretty good and occurred before the manga really fell off, so I was looking forward to seeing them animated. It's unfortunate that this is the path they're choosing to take. I'll still maintain cautious optimism moving forward though, I don't want to completely write off this season as "shit" yet based just off of this episode. Who knows, maybe some of the skipped content/characters will possibly be introduced later on in a different way....
thebrentinator24Jan 28, 2021 12:54 PM
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Jan 28, 2021 12:40 PM

Nov 2014
shane_nichols said:
Hahahaha. Glad I'm an anime only. Sucks for you manga reader XD
funny how you poor little thing who's never experienced the greatness that is the manga arcs and manga characters are laughing at people who have. You perfectly depicted the Fox and the Grapes from Aesop's fable :)
Jan 28, 2021 12:42 PM

Dec 2020
I only watched this just to see a specific character, and now he won't even show up? This is so dumb! >:(
Jan 28, 2021 12:43 PM

Aug 2020
Isn’t this post called “Episode 4 discussion”?

Barely anybody is talking about the episode itself. Why are manga-readers venting in this thread? If what you have to say has nothing to do with the episode itself then why are you posting it in this thread 🤔
——————————
One thing I hate about this show is how the characters talk so loud. No wonder their hideout was found, everybody in the whole goddamn demon world could hear you.

I wish they would’ve talked more about help written on the walls, seems like they just shrugged it off.
Jan 28, 2021 12:47 PM
May 2020
What the hell has even happened to this show? I'm coming from a totally different place from the manga readers here; I haven't read the manga, so I have no clue about the cut content. The problem I have here is the sudden shift from horror to a weird ass, badly executed slice of life/action-adventure combo, filled to the rim with bad writing, raging plot armor, and stuff that's just downright stupid and makes no sense. It's just so disappointing to me. You've basically thrown away everything that made Season 1 so great. You'd be forgiven for thinking this was fan-fiction because that's exactly what this reeks of; bad fan-fiction.
Jan 28, 2021 12:51 PM

Aug 2020
I haven”t read the manga unlike a lot of these replies so my opinion probably doesn’t mean much but I thought this episode was great, definitely the best so far and i’m excited to see where it goes.
clannad is the greatest piece of fiction to ever exist.
Jan 28, 2021 12:54 PM

Aug 2017
i really enjoyed episode 4! i really hope it stays this good!
Jan 28, 2021 12:55 PM
Apr 2016
Oof- I don’t get why so many ppl think the manga ending is bad?! It’s amazing. DO NOT read the next line because it contains manga ending.

I also feel like the anime original is taking away the dark tone the manga had. :( I hope it gets better
Jan 28, 2021 1:02 PM

Nov 2019
What the hell have they done to the best arc in TPN!?!? Not only did they cut
who had a REALLY good character arc (and was a wholesome character overall) they also cut the
arcs. The plot armour really shows now as not much character development will happen by the looks of it -_-

This is a tragedy like the manhwa adaptations of Tower of God, the God of High School and Noblesse. If it was an anime original season, they could've done more world building, but now they've just taken a major hit. I really don't see much can be salvaged from this, but I'll wait and see. Just calling it like all the other manga-readers though, this series is going even more downhill than the manga itself (RIP)

The pacing was really bad this episode, and it was just not as engaging as a world building anime could be

Ardis160 said:
Dukino said:

Is it so hard to be excited about what could possibly come from the manga author getting to rework their OWN STORY?

Yes it is, since the manga became terrible not so long after the arc that they've just skipped.

Lets just hope we get a better ending than the manga, that's all I wish for now TT.TT
Pages (9) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» What is so bad about season 2? ( 1 2 )

ThatIcyElf - Sep 8, 2023

50 by tlowe »»
Jun 19, 1:23 PM

Poll: » Yakusoku no Neverland 2nd Season Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 25, 2021

508 by Term4738 »»
Jun 12, 10:23 AM

Poll: » Yakusoku no Neverland 2nd Season Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

MegamiRem - Jan 6, 2021

309 by Kyyuki »»
Jun 2, 11:54 PM

» Does this anime have the most wasted potential?

a0o-kun - Mar 10, 2023

28 by Zedlin »»
May 20, 9:07 PM

Poll: » Yakusoku no Neverland 2nd Season Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 18, 2021

244 by Yanarsen »»
Mar 5, 3:27 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.