Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Sep 8, 2023 4:53 AM
Jun 2023
i am really enjoying season 2, why does everyone hate it and actively turn others away from it even though it is a good season all by itself.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Sep 8, 2023 4:58 AM
Dec 2022
wait till the last episode. you'll understand
Sep 8, 2023 4:58 AM
Aug 2021
ThatIcyElf said:
i am really enjoying season 2, why does everyone hate it and actively turn others away from it even though it is a good season all by itself.

Because they ended up skipping, cutting and changing lot of things from the manga, and most of the people who watched the s1 of the anime expected the second to be as goos as the first and found a huge chapter skip and nothing that made sense
Sep 8, 2023 5:00 AM
Jun 2023
SirAhoora said:

ok I will bear that In mind ty
Sep 8, 2023 5:01 AM
Jun 2023
Simone181204 said:
ThatIcyElf said:

Because they ended up skipping, cutting and changing lot of things from the manga, and most of the people who watched the s1 of the anime expected the second to be as goos as the first and found a huge chapter skip and nothing that made sense

personally I think, just treat it as its separate thing apart from the manga, you people just need to stop comparing it to the manga it does nothing good for it at all
Sep 8, 2023 5:02 AM
Aug 2021
ThatIcyElf said:
Simone181204 said:

personally I think, just treat it as its separate thing apart from the manga, you people just need to stop comparing it to the manga it does nothing good for it at all

Yes, I think you’re right. i personally enjoyed the ending of season 2 of the anime, but I needed to give a low score because I was lost while watching the first episodes, nothing made any sense compared to the end of season 1
Sep 8, 2023 5:03 AM
Jun 2023
Simone181204 said:
ThatIcyElf said:

Yes, I think you’re right. i personally enjoyed the ending of season 2 of the anime, but I needed to give a low score because I was lost while watching the first episodes, nothing made any sense compared to the end of season 1

honestly that is fair enough
Sep 8, 2023 5:11 AM

Apr 2018
"The second part is very bad in every aspect. You built the characters and the story and brought them to the peak of excitement, mystery, and suspense in the first part, only to destroy all of that with a second part that is dull and almost feels like a different anime."

Sep 8, 2023 5:11 AM
Aug 2022
Cuz it rushes through the entire story which made the ending very unsatisfactory. You'll understand when everything is concluded at the end of season 2.
Sep 8, 2023 5:16 AM
Feb 2020
I haven't even read the manga so I look at it as its own thing with no comparisons between the two. watched S2 weekly and it was all over the place, felt rushed and made zero sense, destroyed the charm and mystery s1 had.
Sep 8, 2023 5:17 AM

Jul 2015
- Emma as a protagonist has been reduced from crafty, smart, resourceful and likable to bland, boring and naive Mary Sue.
- Random shit happens for no reason.
- Heroes find solutions to every problem out of pure convinience
- Entire crucial arc is completely skipped
- Ending is literally a power point presentation

Sep 8, 2023 5:19 AM
Sep 2021
everything like they demolished the anime like it's nothing
Sep 8, 2023 5:30 AM
Jun 2023
I refuse to remember season 2, wait it was a thing
Sep 8, 2023 5:32 AM
Nov 2021
ThatIcyElf said:
Simone181204 said:

“What do you mean you people?!” - Robert Downy Jr
Sep 8, 2023 5:32 AM
Jan 2023
Its basically no showing and just telling.

Everything good about s1 is nonexistent.

The random timeskips with no explanation

The entire season is

“Oh I just did this, so now Im gonna do that”

S2 is such a waste of time
Sep 8, 2023 6:07 AM
Mar 2021
Its not a good season. The last episode ruined it
Sep 8, 2023 6:12 AM
Sep 2022
I didn't knew a single thing about its manga. I just watched season 1 which was goat and then watched season 2 which started fine but it went bad band bad and bad like nothing was making sense. At first characters was saying something and then doing other thing that was so sense less. when I saw rhe ending I was like 'it's nothing like season 1.' actually season 2 is not so very bad compare to other animes but this show had great potential and it's season 1 showed that but it spoiled everything in season 2.

but if you like it them it's your opinion. I also like a lot of animes which the community hate. it's all about your opinion so don't listen to others and give explanation why this show is good.
Sep 8, 2023 6:47 AM

Oct 2014
The manga is not much better, after S1 the whole thing just falls apart for me.
It's Morbin' Time!
Sep 8, 2023 6:54 AM
Oct 2020
ThatIcyElf said:
Simone181204 said:

I did as you said, when I watched season two I hade never read the manga. Without reading the manga I still didn’t like it. Way to rushed and felt bland. I just got done reading the manga today actually so much better, they skipped so much
Sep 8, 2023 7:16 AM
Jul 2020
I didn’t read the manga until after the anime finished, so I’ve experienced both sides of this. As an anime only, season 2 is fairly disappointing but not the worst thing in the world. Once you read the manga and see what they did to the source material, it’s straight up insulting.
Sep 8, 2023 7:19 AM

Aug 2021
I enjoyed watching s2, but s1 is on such a different level s2 can't dream to compare.
Also the end just felt really unsatisfactory for me (and it actually points out all the things that could have made it so much better if included it just made me to crave more but not as in "wish there was another season" kind of craving, but more as in "wish they did it differently" kind of way... and I was not a manga reader at the time, so I wasn't even aware that they actually left things out)

But there's no rule saying you can't enjoy stuff just cuz a lot of people don't, so if you like it, good for you actually!
Sep 8, 2023 7:59 AM
May 2022
ThatIcyElf said:
Simone181204 said:

i watched it without even reading the manga, and i still hated it from start to finish.

i personally think its bland, boring, and just a cash-grab, as it adds nothing to the franchise. it feels so rushed and lazy, and im saying this as a hardcore tpn fan- i was definitely disappointed.
Sep 8, 2023 8:32 AM

Feb 2014
I haven’t even read the manga but even I feel like especially after like 4 episodes, it’s more like a summary of the rest of the series. I want to know how they figured things out, not just that they did, I want to see their journey, not just fast forward to see the end..
Sep 8, 2023 8:32 AM
Dec 2022
Majority of people I’ve heard hate from are manga readers. As an anime only person, it really wasn’t that bad. It’s becomes more of an exploration plot than a suspense/horror focused one, but that change made sense to me based on how the first season ended. It still had horror and suspense moments, just not like season 1 did. Some people complain that the last episode had a still shot montage of their future adventures as the ending.
Sep 8, 2023 8:40 AM

Apr 2020
I think if you don't actually know how much better the story actually is meant to be, then it is presented in the adaptation you CAN actually enjoy this.

Manga or not. It just wasn't living up to it's first season, for me.

Sep 8, 2023 9:54 AM
Oct 2020
they skipped a lot of good parts and litterally cut so much scene thats why its bad manga is just better
Sep 8, 2023 10:55 AM
Jul 2022
ThatIcyElf said:

it's complete shit. Nothing makes sense, so many plot hooes, unexplained shit...not even including the fact how unfaithful it was to the manga.
Sep 8, 2023 10:56 AM
Jul 2022
Merve2Love said:
I think if you don't actually know how much better the story actually is meant to be, then it is presented in the adaptation you CAN actually enjoy this.

manga or not it was shit. Nothing made sense and was rushed af
Sep 8, 2023 11:18 AM

Apr 2020
Reply to DexterDrubo
Merve2Love said:

manga or not it was shit. Nothing made sense and was rushed af
@DexterDrubo

Yup, Yup, Yup, Yup

It's just shit. Everything is shit. Nobody should enjoy it. No need discussing it. My bad.
Sep 8, 2023 12:15 PM
Nov 2020
the fact that it exists
Sep 8, 2023 2:51 PM

Sep 2016
Tokyo ghoul root A had a better story than this. At least when that team took their own adventurous spin on the source materials, the anime only watchers were at least able to enjoy it. With this, both manga and anime readers hated it. The ending is lazy and the entire season is just a waste of time. It was just a pile of garbage left out in the sun on a hot humid day.

Manga readers were obviously more angry though (I was one of them) because removed some of the best and fan-favorite characters and a really crucial arc to the whole plot. All character development from the manga is nowhere to be seen in the anime.
Sep 8, 2023 6:00 PM
Aug 2022
After thinking about it I have a reason. The characters were very lucky. There were a lot of weird coincidence throughout season two that didn’t feel earned at all. Which was not the case with the first season where the characters had to use their skills. Sure there was some luck involved but they mostly had to use their wits to get out of a seemingly impossible situation. That’s why it felt more satisfying as a viewer whereas in season two it’s the exact opposite approach. I think that’s why season two was such a letdown. Oh yeah and the ending is up there with Game of Thrones for the worst ending in television history.
Sep 8, 2023 7:37 PM
Jun 2021
ThatIcyElf said:

They skipped so many chapters after season one also wait till the end dude, it’s fucking horrible
Sep 8, 2023 8:28 PM
Mind Evaporator

Feb 2017
SirAhoora said:

Yep lol I was the same
Sep 8, 2023 11:02 PM
Apr 2018
I tried to separate this... thing from the manga, I really did. But I couldn't help but get sad over the fact that it could've been so much better. Also the narrative is bullshit no matter you're anime only or not. I do not understand what was the need to do this, instead of following the og storyline (which was great btw) like a normal anime adaptation. Here in my country they say "If it's not broken, don't fix it."
Yellow2000Sep 8, 2023 11:08 PM
Sep 9, 2023 12:54 AM
May 2010
Because nothing makes sense…and I’ve never read the manga so I have nothing to compare it to. The first few episodes were okay, but as it goes on nothing was explained properly. People were just doing shit. I had no idea what was going in the last episode, especially the last five minutes.
Sep 9, 2023 1:36 AM
Jul 2022
If you have only only watched the anime s2 you wont understand that much, same happened to me too. but I decided to try the manga and god damn the arcs after they escape the farm were so good with awesome characters villans and everything. Just read the God Damn Manga dude.
Sep 9, 2023 5:54 AM
Mar 2023
I like Season 2, but there's no denying it feels a little aimless. Plus the ending is fairly nonsensical and super rushed. I also have a hard time forgiving time skips.
Sep 9, 2023 8:18 AM
Aug 2020
Reply to ThatIcyElf
Simone181204 said:
ThatIcyElf said:

@ThatIcyElf I didn't read the manga, only watched the anime, and it is still just written so badly. I would explain why but I do not want to spoil for you just yet
Sep 9, 2023 9:10 AM
Aug 2022
they fumbled and cut so much content out that it was just absurdly mind-numbing to watch
Sep 9, 2023 11:56 AM
May 2023
Simone181204 said:
ThatIcyElf said:

Then again i never read the manga and i still understood it. To me it was just a nice “happily ever after” moment, but that might just be me
Sep 10, 2023 12:42 AM
Sep 2022
They completely got rid of my favourite arc in the manga - I will never forgive them 😢
Sep 10, 2023 10:27 AM
Sep 2022
MOA7 said:
"The second part is very bad in every aspect. You built the characters and the story and brought them to the peak of excitement, mystery, and suspense in the first part, only to destroy all of that with a second part that is dull and almost feels like a different anime."

It doesn’t feel like the same anime with the same characters. I’m like “who are these people why are they acting like this?”
Sep 10, 2023 1:41 PM
Apr 2022
I personally really enjoyed season 2 when I watched it. Until I saw the last episode which really disappointed me. And after reading the maga I can say that season 2 was really bad. They skipped so any good chapters which is really disappointing.
Sep 10, 2023 2:14 PM
Jul 2020
ThatIcyElf said:
Simone181204 said:

It's an adaptation though, there's always going to be comparisons. Just take a second to imagine reading a series for over 3 years, it gets an anime, and you're excited to see what is widely considered the best part of the series get adapted... Now imagine they skip that important part of the story, give you a worse shortcut of getting to a similar (but still worse) ending, where they show you what could have been... in a PowerPoint style slideshow.

It's just insulting to anyone who ever gave a shit about the series, because even people who read the manga after the fact have already had some big plot points spoiled for them in a worse version.
Sep 10, 2023 2:17 PM
Sep 2017
When I watched season 2 I enjoyed it at first but I got very very confused towards the middle it felt like random stuff was happening and nothing was making sense. I then saw the end and again was confused and yet it felt kinda bittersweet.

I read the manga, all 20 volumes and can say the manga is very moving, you can’t put it down and it’s just so well illustrated, well written, well planned out. It makes the whole anime make a lot more sense and the manga is just god tier in comparison. I personally love the manga but I feel like it’s not even comparable to season 2.

Season 1 fits almost exactly to the first 5 volumes of the manga. Season 2 should’ve been treated with the same respect and care as season 1 but they tried to shove 15 volumes into one season, and skipped like 75% of what was in the manga that made it enjoyable and realistic (for their world). It also completely leaves out the entire message and point of what the author of the manga was trying to convey. Their message being that what if humans were treated the way we treat livestock?
It’s quite a good message and really makes for a good story.
Sep 10, 2023 8:16 PM
Jun 2016
ThatIcyElf said:
Simone181204 said:

idk how to spoiler tag I’ll avoid specifics but be warned the latter prt is spoilery

Even as its own thing it was imagine if Maze Runner Scorch Trials was cut in half and, and the entire rest of the series was crammed into an episode or two. Even if you had NO clue that originally there was more content, what you’re left with is rushed, poorly explained, and kinda hollow. The first part was cool with the bunker and stuff, but it gets weird and the slideshow was ridiculous. I haven’t read the manga and I was still let down with how it played out, but at the end of the day: if you like it, slap a good rating on that bad boy
Sep 11, 2023 3:41 AM

May 2014
I think The Promised Neverland was at it's best with the first arc. It felt like it was a planned out arc. Everything after they left the school felt much lower quality, even in the manga.
Sep 22, 2023 8:54 AM
Feb 2023
ThatIcyElf said:

they deside to make their "new story" and not continue with manga
Sep 30, 2023 11:58 PM
Feb 2021
They cut out several fan favorite characters and arcs, skipped over 100+ chapters and added some terrible original content.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» About the adaptation

yutaGAWKkostu - Aug 18

19 by kookool17 »»
Aug 19, 10:16 AM

Poll: » Yakusoku no Neverland 2nd Season Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 25, 2021

510 by ShonenEclipse »»
Aug 2, 10:58 PM

» For anime-onlys : what is Goldy Pond and why it was central to the manga (explanations)

Dante012 - Jul 4

10 by Dante012 »»
Jul 29, 10:28 AM

Poll: » Yakusoku no Neverland 2nd Season Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

MegamiRem - Jan 6, 2021

305 by MrList »»
Jul 5, 11:47 PM

Poll: » Yakusoku no Neverland 2nd Season Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

KANLen09 - Jan 28, 2021

417 by Dante012 »»
Jul 4, 6:22 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.