Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jan 26, 2021 3:26 AM
Dec 2019
This was very different from the past few episodes, mainly because of how cut the content was, and the lack of cg. I'm happy with the minimal amount of cg and the jumpscares, but the content felt pretty damn strange. I have questions that even the manga can't explain. I bet it's cut and from the light novel but why is Toriko wearing that? Questions aside, this was made for the manga and novel readers, since practically nothing was explained. It was like watching a rushed and packed episode.
Jan 26, 2021 7:28 AM
Jan 2020
This episode, I wont lie was quite creepy, and the space time man too was quite weird. Did not get too much info on him but again, he is an Urban Legend. Seems like the show and the otherside are well connected to the Urban Legends. Toriko went into the otherside alone and was about to be abducted by a monster which looked hideous and scary, to some other dimension or maybe another place in the Otherside, but Sorao at the last moment came and saved her. Poor (the girl with the shotgun, whose name I cannot recollect) her… got stuck on the Otherside all alone. We know that she is safe looking at the post credits scene. That is a reliever to be honest. I am hoping that this show does not run out of ideas and becomes dumb suddenly.
Jan 26, 2021 9:11 AM

Apr 2020
870 chan is best girl
Jan 26, 2021 10:06 AM
Jul 2018
Awww, Sorawo was just jelly that Toriko keeps talking about Satsuki whenever they get together. Feels like some parts that would be even scarier was skipped but it was creepy enough I guess. Especially the part where Sorawo was talking about her past, wanted to see it animated...
Jan 26, 2021 3:38 PM

Jan 2018
This episode was better than the others, but still super rushed. Skipping Kisaragi makes the addition of "ugly face" Sorawo meaningless in this episode. But, I was surprised they left in Sorawo's backstory, given how much sugar coating they are doing to this adaption. I fully expected them to just leave it out.

I imagine this season will end on Kisaragi, maybe as a 2 parter, since it's in the intro. Maybe more filler, and reshuffled arcs before Kisaragi?

Also, Funimation finally started translating her name right as Sorawo this episode, lol.
IBloodstormIJan 26, 2021 3:44 PM
Jan 26, 2021 6:24 PM
#1 Hitagi Lover

Apr 2014
Pretty ok episode.

Kozakura seems like a fun character when she's in the Otherside lol. I'll still be waiting for my Sorao x Toriko ship to sail at some point.
Jan 26, 2021 8:30 PM
May 2016
This was the best episode the series has had yet. the direction, the abstract elements, the character bits, the shot gun, all of it was just le manufique
Jan 26, 2021 8:33 PM
May 2016
Mel0nM4fia said:
Pretty sure this anime is gonna go a different direction from the manga, considering it isn't finished yet (new chapter just dropped btw)

Kinda wish they stayed faithful to the manga cause they left out an entire arc but hey, there's only 12 episodes, manga isn't finished, and there's no guarantee of a season 2 cause the manga and anime is super unknown. Excited what they come up with tho

well, there should be enough of the light novels at least
Jan 26, 2021 8:36 PM
May 2016
note: if anyone is interested, the Light Novel got a Omnibus release physically, and there are 4 normal Light novels in circulation digitally

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1718360789/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER&psc=1

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B085T48YTF?ref_=dbs_dp_rwt_sb_tkin&binding=kindle_edition
Jan 27, 2021 6:40 AM
Jun 2020
NG_Chloe said:
Mel0nM4fia said:
Pretty sure this anime is gonna go a different direction from the manga, considering it isn't finished yet (new chapter just dropped btw)

Kinda wish they stayed faithful to the manga cause they left out an entire arc but hey, there's only 12 episodes, manga isn't finished, and there's no guarantee of a season 2 cause the manga and anime is super unknown. Excited what they come up with tho

yeah but still, 12 episodes only. havent read the ln yet but im pretty sure they cant adapt that shit into only 12 episodes. hope they do a hellsing ultimate and release a new version that follows the ln/manga properly
Jan 27, 2021 8:05 AM
May 2016
Mel0nM4fia said:
NG_Chloe said:

yeah but still, 12 episodes only. havent read the ln yet but im pretty sure they cant adapt that shit into only 12 episodes. hope they do a hellsing ultimate and release a new version that follows the ln/manga properly

I wouldn't be too worried.

there are four Light Novels out in the U.S.

on average, a LN adaption is 3-6 episodes per novel, there should either be just enough, or more than enough.
Jan 27, 2021 10:25 AM
Jul 2020
this adaptation so far is begining to worry me. I've read the first volume of th LN and was expecting this series..
I cant seem to understand, why they decided to make a filler episode (the third) and rush a full chapter(an important as well as long) in one tv episode.

kinda messy...

Using the LN chapters as guideline.. so far:

File 1: Kunekune Hunting (Chapter 1)
File 2: Hasshaku-sama Survival (Chapter 2)
File 3: Station February (Missing)
File 4: Time, Space, and a Middle-aged Man (Chapter 4)

Jan 27, 2021 10:50 AM

Jun 2007
i still don't understand how at first they decided to hunt for ca$h cubes, and the next thing you know they are actually searching for some missing girl.. like, did Toriko lie about her intentions about the otherside or what. and lol Toriko acting all hurt because Sorawo doesn't want to die.... ehhhh
also wtf is that family bg story....
also leaving a helpless scared girl like that... another wtf
idk what to think anymore
see you, space cowperson . . .
Jan 27, 2021 11:43 AM

Jan 2018
Sorvarin said:
i still don't understand how at first they decided to hunt for ca$h cubes, and the next thing you know they are actually searching for some missing girl.. like, did Toriko lie about her intentions about the otherside or what. and lol Toriko acting all hurt because Sorawo doesn't want to die.... ehhhh

Toriko brought up Satsuki in like, episode 1. She does use the prospect of money to get Sorawo to go along for hunting the Kunekune (wiggle-waggle) and believes it's her primary reason for accopanying her to the Otherside, but she was pretty up front very early about her going there to look for Satsuki, and that they could just make money if they brought interesting stuff back.

Sorawo's motivations, which Toriko seems naive to, is Toriko herself, and pretty much that she is obsessed with the Otherside.

Sorvarin said:

also wtf is that family bg story....
also leaving a helpless scared girl like that... another wtf
idk what to think anymore

They don't leave her behind in the Otherside in the source material. They did it for giggles I guess in this. Sowaro does leave her when searching for Toriko, though, but they come back to her and leave together.
Jan 27, 2021 12:21 PM
Jan 2021
IBloodstormI said:

They don't leave her behind in the Otherside in the source material. They did it for giggles I guess in this. Sowaro does leave her when searching for Toriko, though, but they come back to her and leave together.

To be pedantic, volume 1 ends before they get back to her. We find out what happened in volume 2, but that's all displaced now because of the Kisaragi reshuffle (and probably would have been cut anyways). I'm guessing the after credits scene was the closest we'll get to the "review and reflection party."
Jan 27, 2021 1:17 PM

Jan 2018
I_am_nemo said:
IBloodstormI said:

To be pedantic, volume 1 ends before they get back to her. We find out what happened in volume 2, but that's all displaced now because of the Kisaragi reshuffle (and probably would have been cut anyways). I'm guessing the after credits scene was the closest we'll get to the "review and reflection party."

Ah, I guess it was in the manga I recalled that they get back to her in the very end of that arc Doubly wrong. Just plain forgot where it happened, lol. But yeah, still probably all there will be to it is the post credits.
IBloodstormIJan 27, 2021 1:30 PM
Jan 27, 2021 2:20 PM

Dec 2020
NG_Chloe said:
note: if anyone is interested, the Light Novel got a Omnibus release physically, and there are 4 normal Light novels in circulation digitally
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1718360789/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER&psc=1
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B085T48YTF?ref_=dbs_dp_rwt_sb_tkin&binding=kindle_edition

"Omnibus 1 - Contains volumes 1-2!"

I don't think they know what the prefix "omni" means...
Jan 27, 2021 10:19 PM

Sep 2011
Damn, this series took a HUGE turn! I love the mystery and the horror feel this series has.
I'm so glad I picked it up.
I want to sleep...
Jan 28, 2021 2:46 PM
Jul 2018
Kozakura and very funny lol, tense episode.
Jan 29, 2021 3:47 AM

Aug 2015
The music in this episode!
#FreePalestine 🇵🇸
Jan 29, 2021 11:55 AM

Apr 2015
Bruh this is actually painful to watch, so many important info skipped. So much terrible direction.

This anime is not doing justice to the source.

I haven't read the LN but the manga is actually pretty good and the route the anime is doing is terrible. Like what the hell was that monster at the end? Why Toriko was dressed like that? Why the humans weren't plant or flowers.
IT took all the creepiness that the manga gives.

To think I only started the manga because of the anime and they're doing this terrible work.
Skipping ( or moving idk what the fuck they were thinking when they did this ) the train station arc was a terrible move.

But yeah I've lost all the expectatives and hype for the anime, I'll just keep watching to see how terrible they're going to keep adapting it
Jan 30, 2021 5:58 PM

Feb 2012
Remington Model 870
AK-101

So fake Sorawo spoke to Toriko before real Sorawo came into the room, which is why Toriko is claiming Sorawo said things she didn't.

Novels I have read/am reading pending approval: since November 10 2022
Jan 31, 2021 7:52 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Sorao and Kozakura is a pretty nice duo to be honest, this episode was good
Jan 31, 2021 9:39 AM
Oct 2019
The feeling of being lost is the scariest
Jan 31, 2021 11:46 AM
Jan 2021
Fortress_Maximus said:

So fake Sorawo spoke to Toriko before real Sorawo came into the room, which is why Toriko is claiming Sorawo said things she didn't.

You could read it that way, but I think it's more so a reference back to their fight at the start, and Toriko's decision to go to the otherside by herself. "It sure sounded like it," i.e., "that's what I thought you meant."

Jan 31, 2021 2:30 PM

Oct 2013
Why does this show have such an abysmal score (6.6)..? Is it doing a bad adaptation or something? I'm an anime only viewer so... I mean as a standalone show which i kind of enjoy, i definitely wouldn't give it anything under 7.3...
Feb 1, 2021 5:34 AM

Oct 2017
This episode was pretty ehhh, thou I did find that communicating through fear part interesting. Also Kazakura was cute.
Feb 1, 2021 7:03 PM

Dec 2016
This episode was actually creepy. Those three people randomly appearing and suddenly banging then that big eye then the huge titan-like head. Everything was so well done.

So, does that mean people's fears leads them to the otherside? That would mean otherside is created by fear...?

Learned something new in this episode. I didn't know about serotonin.

Why was Toriko wearing something like a wedding dress...?

The extras at the end reminds me of Ex-Arm (´▽`)
Feb 3, 2021 5:18 AM
May 2017
So far this show is A+ with atmosphere. It's really great visually, and the soundtrack is stellar, as it really amps up the tense parts of the show. The last bit with the monster pretending to be Satsuki made me so anxious (in a good way).

BUT this show is also really hard to follow sometimes lmao. Like it doesn't quite have it's own logic planned out. The pacing is quite bad, sometimes they'll just really breeze over details and it's just like wait what was the plan again??

Idk it's fun so far though
Feb 3, 2021 6:21 AM

Jun 2016
damnn .. that stranger out the door scared me !!
Feb 4, 2021 12:12 PM
Feb 2020
Was anyone else questioning why Sorao had two brown eyes?
Feb 15, 2021 8:12 AM

Aug 2019
It was nice for Kozakura to get more screentime!
One thing this show nails pretty much is sound design, it really creates a very unsettling atmosphere.
Also, no ugly CG this time, which is good.
Feb 26, 2021 1:29 AM

Jun 2007
IBloodstormI said:
Toriko brought up Satsuki in like, episode 1. She does use the prospect of money to get Sorawo to go along for hunting the Kunekune (wiggle-waggle) and believes it's her primary reason for accopanying her to the Otherside, but she was pretty up front very early about her going there to look for Satsuki, and that they could just make money if they brought interesting stuff back.

Sorry for replying late, thank you for your answers. I still think that Toriko was being selfish, one thing is to go try hunting for money, another is to see how dangerous it is and wanting to quit, only to be guilt-tripped on your way out :| and especially that Sorawo thinks because of Satsuki she doesn't stand a chance with Toriko.
see you, space cowperson . . .
Jul 12, 2021 6:35 AM

Feb 2020
Creepy episode. That giant eye scared me, lol.

Poor Kozakura was left alone. I felt so sorry for her in the last scene. :(

SerafosDec 22, 2023 10:31 AM
Aug 2, 2021 3:44 PM

Jul 2015
With past episodes not being scary in my opinion, its a pleasant suprise to see this episode taking a creepy turn with those otherside creatures and also got more interesting knowing Sorao's dark past through conversation with adorable Kozakura.

Dec 13, 2021 9:39 AM

Oct 2017
Aikotoba said:
Kozakura is such a fun and cute character to watch, also quite badass with the shotgun.

Yeah but i felt bad for her cuz she was turning in a plant in the end, with all those flowers and vines growin lol - still a ruthless lil chika though lmao, just bang bang bang with the shotgun and no hesitation lmfao

But i don't understand any of the comments with the jump scares, how did the giant eye scare you at all? It wasn't even setting up a jump scare kinda mood or anything, giant heads are kinda common in anime anyways time from time so yeah, i had zero fear with any of these so far, though i guess that could be fun if it does get a lil more creepy or something
Mar 8, 2022 12:29 PM
Jul 2018
Loving the fun spooky vibes of this series so far. I'll definitely have to check out the novels, especially seeing how novel readers think this adaptation is a sin against humanity or something
Jun 1, 2023 7:04 AM

Dec 2022
Cultist relatives that tried to abduct her? Then they died and she had nothing left. That's some real bad luck. Poor Kozakura, lol she left her there all alone.
Sep 13, 2023 4:52 PM

Feb 2009
uh, we're not gonna talk about how crazy Sorawo's backstory was or her likely indirect involvement in her dad and grandma's death? Or how it would've likely turned into murder suicide if she were to find them at home? Otherwise idk what the kerosene thing would be trying to imply there...

or Kozakura coming out by freaking out when Sorawo offered to hug her? lol
EinTheVarianceSep 13, 2023 4:58 PM
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Urasekai Picnic Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 22, 2021

93 by Shirowhite01 »»
Jul 13, 7:04 AM

Poll: » Urasekai Picnic Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 15, 2021

70 by wildhood »»
Apr 16, 8:57 PM

Poll: » Urasekai Picnic Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 8, 2021

87 by EinTheVariance »»
Sep 14, 2023 9:21 AM

Poll: » Urasekai Picnic Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

KANLen09 - Jan 4, 2021

213 by GrandMarquis »»
Sep 1, 2023 3:41 PM

Poll: » Urasekai Picnic Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 1, 2021

72 by Ayonimarui »»
Jul 24, 2023 9:49 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.