Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Attack on Titan
Available on Manga Store
New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Jan 13, 2021 3:00 AM
Oct 2016
deg said:
AsteriaMitzou said:
It's not like he doesn't have any reasons or past geEz why some of y'all just want to label him as the worst when there are characters there who's killing just because they want to.

Eren was shown to be a good person with strong sense of justice right from the start so this switch to his behavior is a betrayal to his character

Think 'bout it, Change is the only constant thing also lets just say that we're getting into one of the main conflict of this series. Eren's supposed to be dark past is one of the supporting details of the current event on this.
Jan 13, 2021 3:01 AM
Feb 2018
deg said:
AsteriaMitzou said:
It's not like he doesn't have any reasons or past geEz why some of y'all just want to label him as the worst when there are characters there who's killing just because they want to.

Eren was shown to be a good person with strong sense of justice right from the start so this switch to his behavior is a betrayal to his character so a lot of people are just not accepting of the new Eren

This wont aged well.
Jan 13, 2021 3:04 AM
Nov 2018
Kyxor said:
wrong choice of words in your title.
If you can rename it i'd suggest write:
Is Eren Jaeger the most messed up anime protagonist of all time when it comes to mentality?

your title gives the completely wrong idea and when i clicked this post I expected it to be coming from a tryhard hater, but it isn't like that at all.
Ofc not everyone's first languange is english(mine is second) so please don't take this as a grammatical attack or smth xD

now, getting to the point, i do believe that Eren Jaeger is one of the most messed up anime characters, he might even end up being the character i hate the most BUT also the best written character in fiction.
well said, clearly you know the difference between hatin a character, and acknowledging how great a character he is written.
Jan 13, 2021 3:05 AM

Jan 2009
Basically means "powerful justice will become powerful evil" (Eren's side of the poster) and "In powerful evil, powerful justice exists" (Reiner). Role reversal. In his quest for justice Eren becomes evil, and Reiner is now seeking justice from within the evil he committed. https://twitter.com/Elle44613032/status/1333383165268938752
Jan 13, 2021 3:05 AM
Nov 2018
deg said:
AsteriaMitzou said:

Eren was shown to be a good person with strong sense of justice right from the start so this switch to his behavior is a betrayal to his character so a lot of people are just not accepting of the new Eren
Eren IMO, never cared bout justice, ever since he was young all he thought bout was revenge and his freedom, so in a sense he hasn’t really changed.
Jan 13, 2021 3:06 AM

Jul 2012
I salute my fellow forward movers.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 13, 2021 3:10 AM
Sep 2020
I great protagonist doesn't have to be a good man.
Jan 13, 2021 3:12 AM

Jan 2009
rabialq said:
deg said:

Eren IMO, never cared bout justice, ever since he was young all he thought bout was revenge and his freedom, so in a sense he hasn’t really changed.

if that is the case why are you so mad when i just flat out called out what Eren is doing then on other threads? justice is about equality he is not doing equal treatment at all he is simply wants to kill all his haters
Jan 13, 2021 3:14 AM
Apr 2019
LMAO I want to give more spoilerish contents to you but whatever,you can drop AoT if you still aren't getting the context .
They were fucking announcing a global joint program to annihiliate Paradise Island . No it wasn't a normal war,nor they would have kept any prisoners .All DIE .a genocide and brother now bringing morals . Morals won't bring you anything in AoT
Jan 13, 2021 3:14 AM
Nov 2018
deg said:
rabialq said:

if that is the case why are you so mad when i just flat out called out what Eren is doing then on other threads? justice is about equality he is not doing equal treatment at all he is simply wants to kill all his haters
I already told you I was trollin you๐Ÿ™ƒ and yes he’s a villain and we love him.
Jan 13, 2021 3:21 AM

Oct 2019
... I don't get this logic. It has to be a joke.
Some of the best well written characters are morally ambiguous and do messed up things. Just because eren's actions are inexcusable does not mean he is a bad character. Then lelouch and light and every single villain is a bad character. Rather, you should try to think a little and understand why he would do smth like that. And the purpose of a main character is to pull the plot and embody the central themes of the show. All which eren does. He is a good mc whether you like him or not.

"For no reason" ok hold up, did you just not hear Reiner's and eren's talk??? And he definitely has reasons.

Ppl forget that Reiner and the warriors committed genocide in s1, where a lot of families died too. Does that make them, bad character, no. It just goes to show what war turns people into.
LovlisJan 13, 2021 3:24 AM
โ•ญโ‹Ÿโ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ•ฎ
"All problems come from the
human mind. In the mind, one's
consciousness is just the tip of
the iceberg. What lies beneath
the surface... the subconscious...
is far more vast."

- Shun Aonuma

โ•ฐโ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ‹žโ•ฏ

Jan 13, 2021 3:25 AM
Apr 2020
So all of us let's hate Light(death note) , lelouch (Code Geass) , vegeta (dbz) and a lot more
Jan 13, 2021 3:35 AM
Mar 2011
deg said:

What if this sense of justice was just something he forced upon himself, and not something that has to remain with him the whole time? He's not a machine and doesn't have to behave exactly the same way under all circumstances. He can also make mistakes, bad judgements and so on. And in the earlier seasons he was already shown to be mentally rather unstable, so this evolution is not something completely impossible for him. Anyways I find it interesting to follow where his character goes from here.
Jan 13, 2021 3:37 AM
Jan 2021
Then guts would be the worst protoganist if he suffered torture even denji itadori would be worst protagonists lol eren is a masterpiece of character devolopment I don't think the guy who made this thread knows about that all
Jan 13, 2021 3:39 AM

Aug 2012
xiliaw said:
he litteraly killed an innocent familly and a kid for NO reason in the last episode and there still some ppl who like this dude ?! and yes you didnt see it because it was completly censored by studio mappa probably because its too choking for tv ....

i mean just look at this https://i.imgur.com/TOC4Tzv.jpg

what kind of sane person would like a mass murderer who kill for no reason?

The anime adaptation didnt show that.
Jan 13, 2021 3:55 AM
Jun 2015
Erens a freaking badass. As a young kid, he stabbed two asshole rapist to death one which he brutally slit their throat. Hes goat
Jan 13, 2021 3:57 AM

Apr 2020
Not very based to care about collateral damage

Daddy Erwin would be so proud of Eren
Jan 13, 2021 4:03 AM
Jan 2018
... reiner and annie killed innocent family's and kids for no reasons as well
Jan 13, 2021 4:21 AM
Oct 2017
AoT going foward is not for you then.

But don't worry, there's literally thousands of anime with childish and light-hearted protagonists out there :)
Jan 13, 2021 4:23 AM
May 2015

You didn't pay attention, did you?
็พฝๆ นใ‚’็„ฆใŒใ™็„กๆ•ฐใฎ้ณฅใŒ
็ฐใ‚’ๆ•ฃใ‚‰ใ—ๅฎ‰ใ‚‰ใŽ็ฌ‘ใ†
่ชฐใ‹ๆ•ฃใ‚‰ใ›
ๅƒ•ใŒใ“ใ“ใซๅฑ…ใŸใจใ„ใ†่จผใ‚‚
้ชจใฏใฉใ†ใ›็ ‚ใจๅŒ–ใ—ใฆๆถˆใˆใ‚‹ใฎใซ
Jan 13, 2021 4:26 AM
โ™ก( โ€ขเฅขโ—ก-เฅข)โœงห–ยฐ โ™ก

Dec 2014
IS this trolling or really a discussion?

Anyway please watch either Black Clover or Rent a GF for worst MC. One is noisy and another one is an ultimate simp who barely has development.

Oh and I dont like Eren too incase you wondering, but I dont dislike him either, so far he is just MC being MC, not annoying at least.

(ใฃโ—”โ—กโ—”)ใฃ ๐“˜ ๐”€๐“ฒ๐“ผ๐“ฑ ๐”‚๐“ธ๐“พ ๐“ช๐“ต๐“ต ๐“ฑ๐“ช๐“ฟ๐“ฎ ๐“ช ๐”€๐“ธ๐“ท๐“ญ๐“ฎ๐“ป๐“ฏ๐“พ๐“ต ๐“ญ๐“ช๐”‚ ♥
Jan 13, 2021 4:44 AM

May 2019
Kiyotaka696 said:
So LIGHT is a bad protagonist to you?

Criminals != innocent civilians
Jan 13, 2021 4:45 AM

Jul 2020
I think when the OP meant "worst" he didn't mean hes a trash protagonist. I think he meant hes a bad person :/
I gave up on character of the week since it takes too much thinking. I'll just change my forum pfp to whoever I want every week lol.
Jan 13, 2021 4:47 AM
Jan 2021
My first day here and we have misunderstanding of eren bless you.
Jan 13, 2021 4:58 AM
Feb 2018
PastorFloch139 said:
My first day here and we have misunderstanding of eren bless you.

Oh hi my fellow Floch stan
Jan 13, 2021 5:09 AM
Oct 2015
This post is the first of many, this discussion will only increase.

Begun, the true war of the AOT fandom has....
Jan 13, 2021 5:13 AM

Jul 2019
AnimeLeviathan said:
I think when the OP meant "worst" he didn't mean hes a trash protagonist. I think he meant hes a bad person :/

Yeah,people are getting too triggered, i think op only wanted to say that he was kind of a dick to transform there and it's true. That doesn't mean he is a bad character at all.
Jan 13, 2021 5:15 AM

Jul 2020
Fax001s said:
AnimeLeviathan said:

Yeah,people are getting too triggered, i think op only wanted to say that he was kind of a dick to transform there and it's true. That doesn't mean he is a bad character at all.

Yeah I mean they put the POV in Marley's for 4 episodes so I thought he was kinda a dick for transforming there. Although it was really cool lmao.
I gave up on character of the week since it takes too much thinking. I'll just change my forum pfp to whoever I want every week lol.
Jan 13, 2021 5:16 AM

Mar 2020
Are you a troll lmao
check out odd taxi
Jan 13, 2021 5:42 AM
May 2020
CHAMPIONOFDEATH said:
What do you mean? Eren is goated, he litteraly killed an innocent familly and a kid for NO reason.
tf you mean for no reason ?
Jan 13, 2021 5:44 AM

Jul 2020
kaiki_fan_boy said:
Are you a troll lmao

Did Eren not blow up a building killing a lot of people?(Including children) Eren himself said that he was a bad person. Killing innocents is a fucking war crime. Willy? Yeah he kinda deserved it but not really. But the people in the building? Hell no. Dick move by Eren.
Jan 13, 2021 5:45 AM
Feb 2018
MAQS said:

HAHAHAHAHHA JUST REALIZED THIS. This kind of topics will remains until the series ends. So pick your side, guys.
Jan 13, 2021 5:48 AM
Oct 2015
Eren_Hitler said:
MAQS said:

HAHAHAHAHHA JUST REALIZED THIS. This kind of topics will remains until the series ends. So pick your side, guys.

What if I just wanna watch the world burn?
Jan 13, 2021 5:49 AM

Dec 2018
MAQS said:
Eren_Hitler said:

Then definitely go with Eren
Jan 13, 2021 5:50 AM
Feb 2018
MAQS said:
Eren_Hitler said:

I somehow picked Joker over Harvey Dent
Jan 13, 2021 5:51 AM
Oct 2015
Pranal30 said:
MAQS said:

Then definitely go with Eren

I meant this discussion lolol.
Jan 13, 2021 5:54 AM

Oct 2013
OP, just don't make threads with possible spoilers like is if it was completely spoiler free...
โœจSaint Seiya Club๐ŸŒ 
Jan 13, 2021 6:04 AM
Jan 2020
i don't know much about goat protagonists but for now GUTS wants to know our location
Jan 13, 2021 6:09 AM

Jul 2020
Nope, Eren is the greatest character in anime history.
Jan 13, 2021 6:18 AM

Jan 2020
Zener said:
Kiyotaka696 said:

You haven't watched death note have you because light killed innocent people too
U-Y-P-W-O-C-U-T-I-K-A-T-I-P-M-I-N-I-I-D-I-H-I-W-T-S-T-I-W-S-T-O-M-P-T-I-L-U-C-H-N-I-D-T-I-I-Y-I-M-N-O-W-S-T-S-W-N-I-B-W
Jan 13, 2021 6:21 AM

Dec 2018
Natsu from Fairy Tail technically killed thousands of people, but its shown in way make you don't see it, RIP for all anime randoms looking the same. I think it hurts when someone burn you with his fire power.
Jan 13, 2021 6:24 AM

Oct 2013
No reason? Are you sure you didn't skip the first three seasons? lmao
Jan 13, 2021 6:43 AM
Jan 2020
Zener said:
After what he did in the last episode,he ceased to be a protag,even human for me.(As Armin said you have to give up your humanity if you want to achieve a higher goal)I cared for his ideals of saving each and every person he could.He was not like Erwin who was ready to sacrifice some for many.Every human was same to him.Yes he was whiny,yes he maybe irritating but he was a human true to heart.

I hope they explain why he did he choose to transform there and itself,although they won't as they want to solidify this "HOBO" Eren people are all fanboying about.There is no right or wrong.Its a useless fight in which humanity will lose.I was able to sympathize with Reiner till a certain extent.He was brainwashed.But Eren he knows everything,so atleast he is conscious about what he is doing and accepting it even then makes him a monster,not like Erwin who achieved a greater win for humanity while sacrificing a few,but a one who will achieve nothing but destruction
Even after finding that people of paradise were innocent did reiner or Bertold hesitate to kill eldiens? Hell Annie was enjoying killing scouts back and forth she only get emotional when she was forced to kill marco on reiner because she was close to him otherwise she never showed emotion while killing scouts recently I was watching episode where eren was confronting reiner or bertold and not any of them apologise to him they just said that they feel sorry forry because her mother got killed in attack. In my opinion eren is more humane because he know what he was doing but he has to do it nonetheless to

WAQR said:
It always astounds me when people make threads like this. If you can’t handle the moral complexity of the situation and if you’re unable to view the incident through the POV of Eren and his comrades then is this even the show for you? Have you been sleeping since season 1? Must everything be a simple battle between good and evil? The show stopped being morally black and white a long ass time ago dude, holy fuck.

Have you been paying attention?

What Reiner, Bertolt and Annie did was also mass murder but now that we understand their reasoning from their POV (of how they thought it was genuinely the way to save humanity alongside the fact that we now know how badly indoctrinated they were) it’s far easier to sympathise with them. In the same vain, what Eren is currently doing is in his eyes their only way to ensure the survival of the Eldians in Paradis island from the inevitable invasion by the Marleyans and damn near everyone else... which you know is what Willy Tybur just declared moments before Erens transformation... yet you’re here confused as why to Eren transformed.

Transforming and eliminating everyone in that vicinity is the most logical thing he could have done considering the audience consisted of several important figures from various nations who were all going to help in the invasion. The collateral damage that you’re so bent over is a result of that. Not ‘mass murder for no reason’. If you genuinely think Eren transformed to kill everyone for no reason... dude just go watch another show. Go watch Power Rangers or someshit.
Some people are so gullible who are reacting like why is eren killing innocents like its most logical think to do after whole world declared war on your country like its not typical shonen show where you can win war by power of friendship or Change hearts of antagonist by some good lines ๐Ÿ˜‚

Mod Edit: Added spoiler tags
Koito91Jan 15, 2021 1:41 PM
Jan 13, 2021 7:02 AM
Jan 2021
Ok. Is there a set in stone rule that all protagonists have to be a hero? Eren is a great protagonist. I don't think he's evil. Even though it's a fictional world, people like you sitting on their a**, sipping hot chocolate from the security of your own home cannot possibly begin to understand what people who are put through those ordeals are going through. If you can't stomach this, better stop watching and go back to Denon Slayer. Eren is an extremely well written character and I do understand the reasoning behind everything he's doing.
Jan 13, 2021 7:39 AM
Dec 2020
xiliaw said:
he litteraly killed an innocent familly and a kid for NO reason in the last episode and there still some ppl who like this dude ?! and yes you didnt see it because it was completly censored by studio mappa probably because its too choking for tv ....

i mean just look at this https://i.imgur.com/TOC4Tzv.jpg

what kind of sane person would like a mass murderer who kill for no reason?

Eren is only proceeding with the option that Marley and everyone else gave the Eldians, the world of aot is the worst for putting them in that position. I mean lelouch killed a lot of civilians to free his people and the world but it was never his intention to slaughter civilians. Same for eren
said the lolicon bastard
Jan 13, 2021 7:40 AM

Mar 2020
Zener said:
Kiyotaka696 said:

he also killed people because they didn't agree with him (they were debating on tv) and the FBI agents, so yeah no just criminals ...
check out odd taxi
Jan 13, 2021 8:04 AM

Oct 2020
JeXxTaR said:
caprisan said:
There are worst mcs than him like Satou, Tatsuhiro from Welcome to NHK.

No, he's not, Satou is way better than Eren
Are you joking or something??

I know you are Eren hater but use your logic, don't make your hatred make you look like a fool.
Jan 13, 2021 8:05 AM
we back

Aug 2015
Ssudd said:
CHAMPIONOFDEATH said:
What do you mean? Eren is goated, he litteraly killed an innocent familly and a kid for NO reason.
tf you mean for no reason ?
i copy pasted the last sentence from the original post, it was a joke. Couldn't be bothered to write a real response to op's poorly written thread.
Jan 13, 2021 8:14 AM
Feb 2020
look,there is war,ppl are dead getting killed here and there,no one know their name,wow,there is no way thats normal right?

this is not even started yet,this kind of ppl should stay away with story about war,murder,violence and stuff,like for real smh
Jan 13, 2021 8:20 AM

Aug 2016
Eren did nothing wrong
:v
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin: The Final Season Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Koito91 - Mar 28, 2021

695 by catscho »»
Aug 18, 2:05 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin: The Final Season Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Mar 21, 2021

466 by HagePotPotato »»
Jul 28, 3:34 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin: The Final Season Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Mar 7, 2021

514 by HagePotPotato »»
Jul 28, 12:03 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin: The Final Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Feb 28, 2021

426 by HagePotPotato »»
Jul 28, 11:36 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin: The Final Season Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Jan 31, 2021

820 by HagePotPotato »»
Jul 27, 11:53 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

Itโ€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.