Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (12) « First ... « 8 9 [10] 11 12 »
Nov 14, 2015 6:27 AM

May 2014
Yo this was one hard ass episode :o
It really just changed the series' mood.
And I really wanna know how Shimada died though.

EDIT:
bastek66 said:
HappyGirl said:
Was it just me that didn't get how Shimada died? Or did they not show it? I'm confused...hahah xD

Shimada bled to death after being stabbed by rapist. He didn't even notice it due to adrenaline.

Well thank you very much :o
Kinda sad he died that way though.
Nov 16, 2015 1:58 PM

Sep 2012
KamSung said:
It really just changed the series' mood.

Nah not really. The mood's been the same since episode one.

The first episode is the best episode too by far.
Nov 18, 2015 6:41 AM

Sep 2015
Such a strong episode!
I'm afraid both of them went to void after all that :/
Nov 29, 2015 11:55 PM

Feb 2010
Hikarusuke said:
Dat intensity at end was off the charts.
I loved this double episode thing MadHouse knows how to make a good anime and Death Parade is one of them

Dec 6, 2015 8:11 AM

May 2015
That. Was. AWESOME!
And the end credits. Perfect! 5/5
"It's a tragic misunderstanding that could have been easily avoided if he just finished his sentence in time!"

— Richard Watterson (The Amazing World of Gumball)
Dec 8, 2015 6:20 AM
Nov 2015
Wow, what a heated episode, the best one we've seen so far. It was so unnerving to see both player's dark sides emerge which ultimately, sent them both to the void. What they both did in their life was wrong, but you can't help feeling extremely sorry for them. Revenge drove both of them mad, and the way the anime portrayed this was shockingly harsh, but realistic. It was a hard one to watch, but it was thoroughly entertaining.

Death Parade just keeps on surprising me. Each character has so much depth and worth. The series really surprised me, I thought that each episode was going to focus on a different scenario/the couple from the beginning getting through their rough patch but I am delighted my primary opinion was proved wrong. I'm excited to see whether Onna can make Decim's sympathetic, humane side emerge, though I'm scared for what is going to happen to him.

I also hope that the story will show us in a later episode how Onna ended up at the bar. What's her story? It's probably a very emotional one considering we've seen her memories with her daughter resurface. She should really open up to Decim about it, I feel sorry for both of them.

I'm wondering how the ending is going to turn out. So far, I can't accurately predict anything, which makes it way more intriguing. They're going to leave us in suspense right up until the end are they? Well, I guess I'll just have to wait and see how things turn out. I guess I won't have to wait much longer.
Dec 13, 2015 8:46 AM

Jan 2011
great episode
humans can be angry ...
so i think they both go to hell ....
Dec 15, 2015 10:27 AM
Nov 2015
Am I fucked up to think what both of those people did was right?.. I mean Im not referring at the detective watching assault happening but rather that they took revenge on those criminals is probably correct thing to do.
Dec 15, 2015 3:31 PM

Jun 2009
A_Little_Birdy said:
Am I fucked up to think what both of those people did was right?.. I mean Im not referring at the detective watching assault happening but rather that they took revenge on those criminals is probably correct thing to do.

Its not wrong to think that since thats the natural inclination of most people. You punched me therefore i can punch you is considered a fairly normal response to getting punched.

However if you lost someone close to you because of someone and want to end up killing that person and do end up killing that person, then someone was close to the person you killed will want to kill you too and the cycle of wanting revenge continues. Its this cycle that we want to break so that we wont have violence all over the place that we have a justice system set up to imprison murderers so random people wont take up a gun and go hunting for that guy that shot and killed his girlfriend or whatever.

The episode was going so well and then the girl had to intervene >.> Its only in the darkness that we either get consumed by it or have the courage to be a light in the darkness. When man is tested in the extreme sense, we can see what kind of a person he is because of how he overcomes/deals with difficulty.
Dec 17, 2015 2:01 PM

Jun 2008
Shimada was pushed to the edge in this episode. I don't think that the judgment was fair for him.

I do, however, think Tatsumi was judged correctly.
HEY!
Dec 20, 2015 5:59 AM

Oct 2015
Aina-Chan said:
Shimada was pushed to the edge in this episode. I don't think that the judgment was fair for him.

I do, however, think Tatsumi was judged correctly.

that is why they draw out the darkness in human's heart but truthfully it's not like the brother still had no choice left in him he simply succumb to his anger which is why he was sent to the void.
Dec 23, 2015 3:48 AM

Dec 2015
Everything is becoming blurry. If she exposes that they're being judged, won't that just mess up the whole judging process? I know that "pulling the darkness out" also has its major drawbacks.

I wonder where they will take this. What happens if you break rules or expose the truth?
Dec 24, 2015 4:46 AM

Aug 2014
For now the Best 2 episodes in the series , I liked how dark and intense this case was .
Great .
Dec 25, 2015 10:42 AM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
This episode was really well done as it shows the human mental state using Shimada as an example. Loved how both of their stories connected. I wonder what Decim will do from now on.

5/5
Jan 1, 2016 9:12 PM

May 2015
Onna seemed to have broke Decim at the end. I'm not looking forward to Onna's judgement.
Jan 3, 2016 1:58 AM

Jul 2012
Wow, that was intense. The air hockey animation was amazing. The whole ending scene was amazing. The black-haired woman repeatedly punching Decim while talking about humans was so well-done, especially her facial expressions at the end.

These last three episodes should be great.
AndoJan 3, 2016 8:05 PM
Jan 5, 2016 8:33 AM
Nov 2013
Well these two episodes definitely make one question morality
Jan 13, 2016 1:18 PM

Dec 2014
Jan 28, 2016 3:46 AM
Jan 2016
DatRandomDude said:
Me at the end :
this is so accurate
Feb 23, 2016 5:00 AM
Jan 2016
Oh, my! This may be the best episode I've seen so far. Love to see Decim's reaction to Kurokami's speech about people.
Feb 29, 2016 11:59 PM

Mar 2010
The stuff described by Onna was what has been bothering me about the judgments from the get go, so it's nice to see it actually got addressed. I thought this anime wasn't actually going to be self-aware to this extent. I like it much more now. Anyway, I also loved Tatsumi and the detective, so far they were the most interesting characters to appear on the show (out of the guests, anyway).
Mar 11, 2016 7:01 AM
Jul 2014
Wow, that was shocking episode, one of the best I have ever seen! Amazing.
What bothers me a little is the inconsistency about the philosophy used. First they say the people are complicated that there are as many emotions as are people but then at the end Onna denies herself and say that people are simple, their emotions affected with with little things... Other than that, which is debatable, perfect episode - 10/10! Onna also could save the guy - he reacted in anger and inflicted pointless pain to the cop, so both of them ended in void!
jakovMar 11, 2016 7:04 AM
Mar 11, 2016 7:34 AM
Jul 2014
Mattimand said:
Oh, my! This may be the best episode I've seen so far. Love to see Decim's reaction to Kurokami's speech about people.

It's not just you :))
Previous episode (number 8) was all about this if you remember. Let me remind you with some quotes from it:
'...(Decim) having doubts about judging...'
'Implanting human emotions inside an arbiter...'
'Arbiters cannot feel emotions for they are dummies.'
'Make sure old flower-head (meaning Decim) doesn't find out.'

I believe producers are intentionally making arbiters feel, so we can debate over that too! :) Debate not only about people's karma and decisions that brought them to Quindecim, but now we have another variable to debate over - namely, is it fair that arbiters use their emotions too when making their decision - as we all know different philosophical schools are fighting about this for centuries - should emotions be eliminated when making decisions (in courts today) or decisions should be made just on ratio, mind, intellect - and is that even possible. In modern societies the question about death penalty is perfect example of that... In Europe we don't have it, but USA, the 'greatest democracy', some countries still have it...
Mar 11, 2016 7:39 AM
Jul 2014
RavenWish said:
Well these two episodes definitely make one question morality

It's just the opposite, it was about questioning EMOTIONS when using decisions and not morality (or ethics) per se. I'm sure you just expressed yourself awkwardly... :)
Mar 11, 2016 8:00 AM
Jul 2014
A_Little_Birdy said:

It's only human to think that they were right. From ones personal perspective only revenge can sometimes bring you peace. On the other hand the law is there to prevent just that - personal revenge. Because taking someones life (even when it's a murderer, rapist or pedophile) is never just or righteous things to do. Because then again someone can feel hurt enough (rapist's son or brother etc.) to kill you and take your life, even if you were just doing that because your sister got raped (as we saw in this episode).
So, it's human to think that (you wrote) but it's not humane - if you understand me. When revenge becomes decisive factor or right or justice, there's no way you can stop it. It becomes everyone's right and world falls into chaos. :) That's why in the society the system took away your right for revenge (and many other things for that matter,LOL)... :)
Mar 17, 2016 2:52 AM

Apr 2014
welp im a year late to this ep but whatever

i feel like Decim is probably gonna change after this ep & i really dont want that to happen i like his callous stares he shouldn't be given emotion.

Fuck Onna this ep she annoyed me w/ how she was trying to save Shimada even tho he did what i hoped for & Tatsumi i agree with what he was saying when he was baiting Shimada but I felt disgusted that he just watched Shimada's sister get raped

This show is pretty awesome i really have no idea why i didn't marathon it sooner
BootyMuncher9KMar 17, 2016 1:41 PM
Mar 18, 2016 8:39 AM
Mar 2016
It is quite fascinating to think about the "correct" choice in this situation. I think we can all see that neither of them were evil in the beginning, but the simplicity stops there. The boy probably did go too far by killing the assaulter, but come on, no just being would sentence him to hell/void for that. I can't even begin to talk about the detective. All I can say is that if he never touched an innocent then he is fine by me.

I am interested in hearing where others draw the line. At what point is murder justifiable? ( if you say never because thou shalt not kill then I am not interested in your answer )

Does someone need to kill an innocent loved one for you to kill, or is brutal assault enough?
Do they even need to be an innocent loved one or can they just be an innocent stranger?
Should you always try the police first or is there a point where standard procedure could not possibly serve enough justice?

It seems like the line between good and evil is not static, but rather dynamic. As far as I can tell, that means that even with a perfect judge, a judgement system like this could never be fair. For example, if every person who has ever murdered were all being judged, and an omnipotent being was ranking the evilness of their actions, then where is the cutoff point? The "most evil" person to make it into reincarnation/heaven and the "most good" person to be sentenced to hell/void would be very much alike, so why does one get so much mercy while the other gets none?

This show is very thought provoking. But anyways, please answer my questions, tell me I'm wrong/right, I want to hear how you think about this kind of thing.
Mar 18, 2016 12:35 PM

Apr 2014
whitecrow69 said:
Does someone need to kill an innocent loved one for you to kill, or is brutal assault enough?
Do they even need to be an innocent loved one or can they just be an innocent stranger?
Should you always try the police first or is there a point where standard procedure could not possibly serve enough justice?
I'm just gonna give you my answer
For me yes, I wouldn't kill unless someone i cared about is hurt to a degree where I feel i must & will.

Depend ifs its a innocent stranger thats related to loved one if so i will take up the mantle as murder, if its just someone off the street i'd just keep walking & not care about it.

I'm a person who likes doing things by himself until he can get them done so i wouldn't go to the police at all, i haven't either in the past even when my life was on the line I never called the cops

hopefully my answer gave you some insight on whatever
Apr 4, 2016 6:49 AM

Feb 2015
Interesting indeed. I don't think that the assistant should have stepped in but whatever. Would have liked to have seen how the guy with the sister died. Maybe he was murdered by someone else? Anyway I assume that both were sent to the void.
Apr 10, 2016 2:39 AM
Nov 2015
One of the best episodes in anime history!
Apr 10, 2016 10:16 PM
Aug 2015
Max said:
Hoo boy. You did it, Death Parade. You finally did it.

Congratulations on making your viewers feel smart through plot twists every four minutes! I knew Madhouse was good at it after the success of Death Note and No Game No Life, but this is a whole new level of faux-revolutionary. Fitting all of this into one episode? Amazing! You're finally choosing to reveal what's wrong with the system, even though it was obvious in the first five minutes of the first episode? Even better!

Probably one of the worst single episodes I've ever seen. I could go on about how laughably melodramatic the whole episode was (especially the final five minutes), but it's really not worth my time. Anyway, great. It's like Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso all over again.

Yikes. Tough crowd

Thought it was a great episode. Would have been better imo if they skipped the idol one and did this a tad earlier but that's just nitpicking. Her outburst was kinda annoying but I get why it happened

"single worse episodes I've ever seen" .. wow. Talk about melodramatic and hard to believe
May 7, 2016 3:12 PM
May 2016
Barion-Zara said:
GODDAMN!!! Amazing O_O I had tears and my mind was blown at the end :O

I knew they were gonna be connected somehow but totally didn't expect it to be this way?!?!?!

Tatsumi friggin watched as Sae got assaulted and was killed by Shimada by mistake...even though he was actually his revenge target.

Tatsumi is friggin crazy though O_o?? He was practically whispering like a devil into Shimada's mind to become evil. Dat provocation!

Onna couldn't do SHIT!!! The scene when the ED started playing gave me chills, there's no way in hell u'd resist the urge to agonize that bastard if u have the chance XD

And Decim got mind and heart raped by Onna lol...Isn't what Onna did considered cheating though :P Telling them the truth about the void and the judgement like that ^^; Couldn't change a thing though...although, we did see a white mask at the end of the ep so did one of them get reincarnated?

BUT WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
May 22, 2016 7:16 AM

Jul 2014
This episode sure was something... so emotionally charged. >_<
. . . . . . . . . .
DO NOT touch my rice. . . . . .
I'm Asian. . . . . .
Jun 9, 2016 6:12 PM

Oct 2010
I completely agree with this!

Jul 9, 2016 3:33 AM

May 2016
gothic45 said:
I completely agree with this!

Yep he is right ! ! !
Jul 18, 2016 5:32 PM

Mar 2016
Well we've known the system is flawed since the beginning, but this just really drove it home. How can you compare the anger of someone who bled out after stabbing their sister's rapist to someone who had a fairly normal life and just happened to die in a bus accident right before reuniting with a childhood friend?
Like Onna said, emotions are as varied as people. How do you credit all of that to their souls and not their situations? No way to tell how violent someone would be if they have nothing Decim can use to draw it out.

Nona likely intended on this happening, trusting in Onna's humanness to reach something in Decim.
Jul 21, 2016 8:45 AM

Jan 2009
Onna is savage as fuck
Jul 30, 2016 9:29 AM

May 2008
What an ending. This judgement was longer than the rest but incredible well executed. Dunno if they can top this one!
Aug 14, 2016 5:53 AM

Mar 2016
That was amazing i just didn't like the girl trying so hard
Aug 16, 2016 5:04 PM

Oct 2014
Damn, episodes 8 and 9 were great. Loved their slow descent into madness as they came to realize how their stories were intertwined. Though I'm still curious how the younger guy died, and additionally how they ended up their together - I thought people had to die at the same time to get to the QuinDecim together.
Sep 17, 2016 1:11 PM
GetsugaTENSHO

Jul 2012
Remarkable! Indeed best 2 part episode!
張大です for 張大勇督察
Oct 22, 2016 2:21 PM
Apr 2014
Ok, this anime is completely redeemed in my eyes, all in one episode. Wow.
Nov 19, 2016 1:49 PM

Jun 2016
Really a great episode, so he ends up killing detective again!
Nov 21, 2016 12:44 PM

Sep 2016
Ahhh this episode was really sad.. Didn't made me cry tho lol.
Great episode filled with emotions <3 Hope next episode is as much good as this one.
Nov 25, 2016 11:57 PM

Jun 2013
A very intense ending for a pair of episodes such as these. I'm not really impressed though. I think the material was stretched a little too thin. They had two episodes at their disposal to tell this story, and they still couldn't make an ending that wasn't rushed.

Another thing that I wasn't happy to see was the "stuffed into the fridge" trope. The detective dude's wife and the young man's sister were in the story for the sole purpose of giving motivation to their "protectors" by getting assaulted or killed. It's not an evil trope or anything, but it made me think the writers got a little lazy.

On the other hand, I liked that the black haired woman disregarded protocol. She's not bound by any rules, after all, and she's only human (literally). And was Decim showing a hint of emotion? I wonder what the consequences for this scheme will be, if Oculus ever finds out.

Matoro_Mahri said:
I think a lot of critics have developed a sort of allergy to melodrama or just drama in general. Perhaps it's because they feel anime is somewhat disconnected from actual human emotions for some reason, and so any sort of intense emotion depicted feels forced and fake.

Coming from a guy who extremely disliked Clannad, this is the obvious AOTS. I feel bad for people who have developed a disconnection from strong emotion in fiction.

I don't think so. In spite of what the black haired woman would tell you, people are a little more complicated than that. I think some people prefer emotional stories told with more subtlety. But that's not all, people also have wildly different tastes as well.
LeeTailorNov 26, 2016 12:20 AM
Dec 15, 2016 2:29 AM

Feb 2013
Tatsumi was a sick bastard in the end, and I thought that he was a good guy in the previous episode, I couldn't be more wrong.
Shimada didn't do anything wrong, he only wanted to avenge his sister, that isn't wrong at all.
Dec 15, 2016 9:30 PM

Jul 2016
Wow that ending was way too cliche for my tastes... Also MC is overly sensitive:p
Dubbed anime is the best because you can wank without reading ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jan 12, 2017 10:30 AM

Apr 2016
they both going to void huh . holy shit this anime is intense
"Mountains, beings, and nature's laws are bound by an arrangement, and within it, we live." -Mushishi Zoku Shou Suzu No Shizuku
Jan 24, 2017 8:58 AM
Feb 2015
could of killed him when he tried to assault her come on Detective,Kurokami no onna is kinda annoying making the anime less enjoyable
Jan 26, 2017 12:56 PM

May 2010
i'd have send Shimada to reincarnate tho, don't think an arbiter should judge with the shallow social laws of humans. i'm all for 'cleaning' up trash by death.
Pages (12) « First ... « 8 9 [10] 11 12 »

More topics from this board

» Wish it ha a season 2 :(

BhuvanSiesta - Apr 15, 2022

37 by TsutanaiFuun »»
Jun 15, 12:13 PM

» Let’s just talk about this for a second

Phroggy_44 - Aug 25, 2023

20 by APolygons2 »»
Jun 15, 11:52 AM

Poll: » Death Parade Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 27, 2015

664 by TheCrazyCoco »»
Jun 14, 9:47 PM

Poll: » Death Parade Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 16, 2015

675 by Cherru »»
Jun 13, 7:40 PM

Poll: » Death Parade Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Feb 20, 2015

215 by Seraschi »»
Apr 26, 2:01 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.