Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Nov 23, 2020 1:06 PM

Nov 2012
At this point is pretty obvious that she lived a long long time, but we can play on theories

She reincarnates but keeps all the knowledge she got

She is the Kaguya who made the legend and got to return to Earth and lived as she pleased, maybe their ppl put a curse on her or she has to return to the Moon every x years

Her imouto knows what she is, thats a fact

My Candies:

Nov 23, 2020 6:56 PM

Mar 2019
Sweet and Cute Animes are BORING....
They say........ They heard...... They think....

But people never watch them....

Very Cute Episode, Again... 5/5.
Nyan-Pasu!... [ Ara Ara ] [ Waifus ]
Nov 24, 2020 1:32 AM

Aug 2017
Another great episode!! Nasa's parents are really kind!!

I wanna know who Tsukasa is real bad now. It's 100% guaranteed that she's been alive for over 1300 years now after this episode.

Nov 24, 2020 2:21 AM

Nov 2014
Yeahh.. finally parents visit,.. i just noticed that they added Nasa's parent in the opening sequences now :D...

haha... the way Nasa's explain to Tsukasa how he gonna explained and introduce her to his parents made her embarassed XD.
Nasa's parents were quirky yet hilarious.. both his dad & mom were nervous on meeting Tsukasa haha...

Sleeping in the room as a pair of married couple beside his parents room made both his parents and himself nervous XD. Nasa's being an old pervert imagining sleeping iside to side with Tsukasa, asking lotsa thing like. sleeping in his hand and finally goodnight kiss XD... D so adorb...

Nasa's dad beingf awkward and nervous to have a chit chat with Tsukasa, good grief Tsukasa's can handle the conversation about the archeology.. that "cloud storage" things tho XD.. there are quite references too in this episode.

The Nara sightseeing..., Tsukasa seems to know lotsa thing from the history, and old legend itsellf, even when She actually said she prefer to had a manga cafe or manga museum as her preferred place of visit. it looks like the series is tried to foreshadowing Tsukasa's past as she seem to saw and experienced the history itself rather than learn about it.

The las part was quite beautiful and touching when it depict the scene where Nasa's dad was talking privately with Tsukasa before. He expressed a lot of grateful on Tssukasa's being his wife and protecting him in the past and wishing her to keep in his side for eternity.

and... time to go back to the Tokyo...
to see what Nasa' was joking around about "apartment being burned" to became true hahaha... and were those two people in the end were cameo from Hayate ? .....

Nov 24, 2020 2:53 AM
Jul 2019
Is it just me or did Tsukasa drop more hints here than in the manga. All of them were so blatant and the only people who missed it are those who aren't paying attention.

I saw Wataru and Saki at the end. It really is his property. RIP haha.
Nov 24, 2020 3:57 AM

Mar 2014
That was a nice episode with Tsukasa meeting Nasa's parents. At first I thought that Tsukasa would be a little nervous, but it turned out that his parents were just terrified. Also, it looks like their house has been burned at the end of episode. I wonder how they will handle it.
Nov 24, 2020 5:32 PM

Nov 2009
Finally, we got to the point where they officially confirms that ToniKawa and HayaGoku are in one universe and happens in nearly same timeline, since now the 2 series can be lined up at the point of Burned Apartment.

Also, not sure about the cut/changed scenes that was in the manga, but it might just be due to episode time limit and they wanted to end the episode with the Burned Apartment.

___ ___ ___

Also, Nasa's parents are the exact opposite of Hayate's parents.
Nothing Written Here But Us Anime Bunnies *boing boing boing*
Nov 24, 2020 11:56 PM

Aug 2018
Ok plotline so far, although nothing special. This show doesn't attempt to develop any sort of emotional impact.
Nov 25, 2020 8:26 PM
Dec 2019
Some weird but loving parents. Nice espisode 10/10

Nov 25, 2020 9:04 PM

Jan 2019
Damn the foreshadowing for the fire...

If anything, that's my only (very small) complaint about the show thus far, everything is so heavy handed. Tsukasa's identity was hinted at pretty clearly early on, but now it feels like they're spelling it out like I'm a particularly stupid toddler.

But who knows, I could be completely wrong about where I think they're going with this and look like a real idiot.

Also- best parents.
Nov 26, 2020 5:33 AM

Sep 2019
The scene between Tsukasa and Nasa's father was so damn good , talk about switching to realism.

Hyped for more Kaname next week!
Nov 26, 2020 5:57 AM

Sep 2019
wakenowakane said:
AnAnimeEnjoyer said:
The scene between Tsukasa and Nasa's father was so damn good , talk about switching to realism.

Wait does it get good? I legit dropped the show ep1 because of how cringe it was lol.

The first episode is definitely the weakest but if you don't like RomCom you're not gonna like it.
Nov 26, 2020 6:06 AM

Sep 2019
wakenowakane said:
AnAnimeEnjoyer said:

The first episode is definitely the weakest but if you don't like RomCom you're not gonna like it.

I mean I love me my romcom mangas tho... I guess I'll give the anime another shot :D

Alright. I'd say upto episode 4 , each episode is better than the previous one.
Nov 26, 2020 6:19 AM

May 2020
AnAnimeEnjoyer said:

When i started watch the episode i was very nervous because i didn't see this scene and i thought that they skipped it. But we saw it at the end. šŸ˜

I knew it from manga tho, no spoilers but now we will see many hilarious scenes and some emotional ones too.
“Reality rejected… synapses shattered… be vanished from this world!” ~ Rikka Takanashi
Nov 26, 2020 6:30 AM

Sep 2019
pouckis said:
AnAnimeEnjoyer said:

When i started watch the episode i was very nervous because i didn't see this scene and i thought that they skipped it. But we saw it at the end. šŸ˜

I knew it from manga tho, no spoilers but now we will see many hilarious scenes and some emotional ones too.

Oh! I'm anime only so I didn't know that but with this sequencing they managed to surprise manga readers also. They saved the best for last and hit the music for the scene too!
Nov 26, 2020 6:33 AM

May 2020
AnAnimeEnjoyer said:
pouckis said:

Oh! I'm anime only so I didn't know that but with this sequencing they managed to surprise manga readers also. They saved the best for last and hit the music for the scene too!

Yes! And till now i can say it's 1000% real adapt, they showed us the smallest things from manga to anime.

We will see ^^
“Reality rejected… synapses shattered… be vanished from this world!” ~ Rikka Takanashi
Nov 26, 2020 10:30 AM

Mar 2010
Twas not the best episode for me, felt like a snore fest.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Nov 27, 2020 4:14 AM

Oct 2014
SomeGuyWithHair said:
Is it just me or did Tsukasa drop more hints here than in the manga. All of them were so blatant and the only people who missed it are those who aren't paying attention.

Every episode adapts multiple chapters so maybe that's why you feel that way.
Nov 28, 2020 5:57 PM

Dec 2016
Deknijff said:
hmmmmm
didnt think they'd actually cut this part

Guess they really wanted the burnt down apartment as a cliffhanger

was this not a accurate fan translation also?

Because this wasn't fully in the episode either

Oh right I forgot but they edited this scene for some reason which I dont understand why

Mod edit: Added spoiler tags.

Maybe studio is cutting corners whenever they can?
Maybe they have limited budget and don't want to "risk" hiring VA and animating character for one short scene and animating "action scene" just for cool moment?
Manga recommendation:
- Spy x Family (Ch.106/? - biweekly) | Sakamoto Days (Ch.185/? - weekly)
- MARRIAGETOXIN (Ch.104/? - weekly) | Machi and Oboro (Ch.13/? - biweekly)
- Make the Exorcist Fall in Love (Ch.76/? - biweekly)
- You and I Are Polar Opposites (Ch.63/? - biweekly)
Anime recommendation:
- Deca-Dence (Finished) | Wave, Listen to Me! (Finished)
- If My Favorite Pop Idol Made It to the Budokan, I Would Die (Finished)
- Diary of Our Days at the Breakwater (Finished)
Nov 28, 2020 6:08 PM

Jan 2016
It's obvious she is from a long time ago. I am curious to see what exactly she is though.
Dec 1, 2020 1:09 AM

May 2009
Deknijff said:
hmmmmm
Oh right I forgot but they edited this scene for some reason which I dont understand why

Thanks for sharing the missing parts. Love it. They bring me a smile. :)
Dec 1, 2020 1:54 AM

Oct 2013
animan7 said:
Deknijff said:
hmmmmm
Thanks for sharing the missing parts. Love it. They bring me a smile. :)
glad to be of help.
Dec 1, 2020 5:22 PM

Oct 2012
Well, that was more than subtle hint :D But I don't care as long the show is about married life at its core which still is. And all that added mystery is just interesting spice. Nothing surprising really as it was obvious from the start. The only real problem could be a fact that she won't grow old at all, something which was made a big deal also in DanMachi for example, as far as god and human lives goes.

Their night kiss or all those little funny throwbacks to how real couples retorts to each other (including his parent) was more than worth it.

But the fact their flat burned down, even though hinted in this episode too was totally unexpected.
Dec 18, 2020 12:32 AM
Apr 2016
The sleeping kiss scene was fucking adorable, oh my god. The ending on the other hand... that's unexpected and funny.
Dec 20, 2020 11:24 PM

May 2020
this show is so adorable aaaa
Dec 22, 2020 7:00 PM

Mar 2020
wow nasa saying that he wouldnt care about his place being burnt down since he had all the good stuff with him?
what a flag
and then his house ACTUALLY burnt down, that was so unexpected
Dec 22, 2020 7:01 PM

Mar 2020
wow nasa saying that he wouldnt care about his place being burnt down since he had all the good stuff with him?
what a flag
and then his house ACTUALLY burnt down, that was so unexpected
Dec 23, 2020 12:00 AM

Aug 2019
ahhhhhh, i think this episode was the episode that pulled the most heartstrings for me, especially the scene of Nasa's father thanking Tsukasa. This anime is honestly a gift that keeps on giving, loving it quite a lot, even if Nasa can be sometimes daft and over the top sometimes, i still like it.

I think it's a very safe bet to say that Nasa's parent's approve of Tsukasa, Nasa has some really supportive parent's that raised him right. Feelsgoodman.
Tsukasa's Kaguya was leaking out a lot this episodes, surprised Nasa hasn't found it sus yet about her almost first hand knowledge about the neighbouring areas history, almost like she was there when it happaned.

Bro that ending though, definitely a twist from the 20 minutes of light hearted content we got. Looking forward to what happens out of this one.
Jan 2, 2021 12:53 AM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
Got some not so subtle hinting that tsukasa is princess kaguya from the moon or some thousand year old goddess or whatever if it wasn’t apparent already from the first episode when she stops a truck with her own hands and then walks into the moonlight with the moon the size of galactus

Found the scene of the dad thanking tsukasa for saving his son real touching

NYANPASU
whiskey tango foxtrot

Jan 2, 2021 6:36 PM
Fuwa_san

Mar 2013
lol that Saki and Wataru reference from Hayate Combat Butler at the end
Jan 14, 2021 3:25 AM
May 2018
cristinacke28 said:
Deknijff said:

to add a selfie? few pass the camera to someone to take a picture these days

I still do it a lot of times when I'm in a foreign country, does that make me a weirdo?
Jan 14, 2021 3:37 AM
May 2018
Geel said:
Good episode, his parents are great.

I still don't understand how they survived getting hit by a truck but whatever, doesn't matter now.

With all the things Tsukasa said about Nara despite the fact that these informations shouldn't be known cause they deplaced everything to Kyoto and there was almost no record of this, Tsukasa is kinda admitting she is 1000 years old, maybe even Kaguya Hime herself.
So the fact that she is immortal could explain why after being hit by a truck to "protect" Nasa she is still alive cause she could be a goddess.

But does that mean tho she will still look 16 when Nasa will be 70 years old? Wtf
Or maybe since someone asked her in marriage for the first time she could be aging now and lost her immortality (no I didn't said something else you pervert)
Feb 19, 2021 2:07 AM
Jun 2020
what happens in the end. but I need to say this anime is something I really loved
nasa parents nature are truly kind they didn't scold him to marry a girl
without knowing his parents "lucky nasa"
Mar 5, 2021 10:16 AM

Jan 2021
It does make me feel satisfied about how much the parents love nasa-kun and how much they are really appreciative of tsukasa saving their son
Kawaii ep :))
Mar 19, 2021 9:50 AM

Jul 2015
Nasa's parents really felt relatable in the way they didn't know how to keep the conversation going and felt nervous trying to leave a good impression. So far Tsukasa has a lot of mystery surrounding her but who knows perhaps she might turn out to be princess Kaguya...

May 16, 2021 9:33 AM
Feb 2021
vedwienal said:
Originally I consider it as anime about daily sweet life,but after this episode it suddenly becomes weird and makes me confused.Tsukasa isn't interested in history but she knows a lot.This might be a hint?It seems just like Tsukasa is an immortal from ancient times...

She's absolutely not a simple girl!
dont make it complicated lol
Jun 6, 2021 12:32 AM
Feb 2020
PsychologyM said:
_cenjoo said:

What the hell-

You want to be Chitose and ruin such a cute marriage? Do you just not like Nasa or something? I find him to be a pretty likable character.

But your wishes are probably never going to come true as Tsukasa isn't the type of person to do something like that.

Well, to explain myself a bit more: I'm not really having that much against the characters. I get what the show is trying to do, but I'm just not feeling it. The beginning of the series was just so contrived and I always had this lingering feeling that she's just using him.
Also, as someone else has said, they (mostly Nasa) have the same mentality as a middle school couple. Tsuki Ga Kirei already did this. With actual middle schoolers.

I can see where you're coming from. The difference is that Tsuki ga Kirei had great romantic developments between the two MCs before the confession which made their relationship more believable.
Aug 4, 2021 8:02 AM

Jun 2020
The introductions are just amusing and Nasa's parents are like the embarrassed part of his personality is where he got them I mean

That nighttime scenes on the bed are just sweet and funny at the same time, Oh you really want to see that in the morning huh Nasa almost got caught as well

There's a lot of references leading to Tsukasa being knowledgeable with history and I think that clears that up I guess, That cliffhanger was something Nasa was expecting.
Nov 16, 2021 4:57 AM

Jun 2012
Father's speech to Tsukasa was easily the best part of this anime so far (unless you count the God tier OP), just an incredibly moving scene.

This is also the only instance I can think of where the typical "person is nervous about meeting their fiancee/spouses parents" trope was completely reversed. It was pretty fun to see Nasa's parents so nervous about meeting his wife, while she was pretty relaxed about it all.
Dec 12, 2021 6:42 AM

Apr 2011
Nasa's parents is funny and an oddball, but they are good parents.

Seems like Tsukasa is older as she looks given she knows history like the back of
her hand.
Jan 21, 2022 7:30 AM

Jul 2021
Nasa's parents, in addition to accepting their son's marriage to Tsukasa, were very grateful for her saving their son's life in the past.
I'm getting more and more curious to know the mysteries that Tsukasa hides.
asdasdsadad
Jan 28, 2022 4:10 AM

May 2020
Feel like too much foreshadowing about Tsukasa's identity this episode, but anyways glad to see Nasa's parents getting along so well with Tsukasa. Will love to see more of them later on in the series.
Jun 29, 2022 3:16 AM

Sep 2012
knktzvra said:
At this point is pretty obvious that she lived a long long time, but we can play on theories

She is the Kaguya who made the legend and got to return to Earth and lived as she pleased, maybe their ppl put a curse on her or she has to return to the Moon every x years

VeneZ1412 said:

I wanna know who Tsukasa is real bad now. It's 100% guaranteed that she's been alive for over 1300 years now after this episode.

Sulfur2 said:
It's obvious she is from a long time ago. I am curious to see what exactly she is though.

Lewahoy said:
Nasa's parents, in addition to accepting their son's marriage to Tsukasa, were very grateful for her saving their son's life in the past.

considering what this series is about there are 2possible ending bitter sweet and happy ending
also answers to ur question

if u want to see another series where MC gets married early on then:
Onegaiā˜†Teacher
https://myanimelist.net/anime/195/Onegai%E2%98%86Teacher?q=onegai%20teacher&cat=anime
its bit older thoug

BetaMaleUltra said:
Got some not so subtle hinting that tsukasa is princess kaguya from the moon or some thousand year old goddess or whatever if it wasn’t apparent already from the first episode when she stops a truck with her own hands and then walks into the moonlight with the moon the size of galactus

more like she was royal servants daughter, rest is in the spoiler
Sugram22Jun 29, 2022 4:20 AM
Jun 29, 2022 11:15 AM

Nov 2012
Sugram22 said:
knktzvra said:

VeneZ1412 said:

Sulfur2 said:

Lewahoy said:

considering what this series is about there are 2possible ending bitter sweet and happy ending
also answers to ur question

if u want to see another series where MC gets married early on then:
Onegaiā˜†Teacher
https://myanimelist.net/anime/195/Onegai%E2%98%86Teacher?q=onegai%20teacher&cat=anime
its bit older thoug

BetaMaleUltra said:

more like she was royal servants daughter, rest is in the spoiler

Thanks for the quote and the info!

I really like to read some spoilers from wiki/reddit about series and then decide if I want to keep watching the show

My Candies:

Nov 8, 2022 2:53 AM
Sep 2022
the "death flag" set by NASA-kun at the middle of their trip really does come true wwwwwwww
Feb 21, 2023 4:54 AM
Nov 2021
biggest plot twist
Mar 5, 2023 8:48 AM
Jul 2020
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Mar 16, 2023 4:33 AM

Feb 2022
I love how supportive Nasa's parents are. And I have a hunch that Tsukasa is Kaguya-hime!
Apr 12, 2023 5:22 AM

Aug 2019
nasas mom is one of the few anime characters that glasses look good on

Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 15, 2023 3:41 AM
Mind Evaporator

Feb 2017
First of all, this show is so damn CUTE. My HEART man. And I love how they actually kiss all the time!!!

Secondly, that ENDING!! Omg hahahah, that's so good.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tonikaku Kawaii Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Marinate1016 - Oct 9, 2020

227 by korsarz »»
Yesterday, 12:46 PM

Poll: » Tonikaku Kawaii Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

KANLen09 - Dec 18, 2020

254 by LiptonekBuby »»
Oct 13, 10:55 AM

Poll: » Tonikaku Kawaii Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

KANLen09 - Nov 13, 2020

124 by ToG25thBaam »»
Feb 20, 5:43 PM

Poll: » Tonikaku Kawaii Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

KANLen09 - Dec 11, 2020

113 by Darkfiend47 »»
Dec 2, 2023 2:35 AM

Poll: » Tonikaku Kawaii Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 2, 2020

407 by MuseOcean »»
Aug 7, 2023 1:14 AM
Itā€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.