Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Oct 2, 2020 7:04 PM

Apr 2020
I loved the OP, and was the first anime this season that caught my attention.
Imagine how boring this world would be without Japan - a comment at youtube
Oct 2, 2020 7:22 PM
Mar 2020
The first episode is nice. No rushing story whatsoever. I'm hoping this is gonna be an excellent adaptation
Oct 2, 2020 7:48 PM
Dec 2018
I like the opening part at a glance similar to the Chuunibyou demo koi ga shita Season 1
Oct 2, 2020 8:00 PM

Jan 2019
yoo, the amounts of handholding already goin high. they really did an excellent adaptation here. xd
Oct 2, 2020 8:22 PM

Apr 2019
That was a good first episode, buddy really just fast traveled to marriage lol. The OP and ED sound great and are pretty catchy.

I'm looking forward to seeing how the rest of the season plays out. Might have to read the manga if I like what I see.

Oct 2, 2020 8:41 PM

Jul 2013
The power of boner overcomes death itself.
Oct 2, 2020 8:43 PM

Aug 2020
This is already started? Or it just finished with happy ending now? Surely this episode can turn out to be a 20 minutes movie, well it kind of so so for now, i expect more than this.. hoping i will be get into this anime
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 2, 2020 8:59 PM

Jul 2020
This first episode is really entertaining for the most part, excluding the absurdity of the whole premise lol.

That OP was a banger. Probably the best in the fall season yet (this is if Higurashi won't reuse the original op)

This series will probably give me diabetes with all lovey-dovey stuff. Can't wait for more.

I accept random friend requests!
Oct 2, 2020 9:05 PM

Apr 2020
very sweet and a good watch, but feels very much like a self-insert wish-fulfilling anime
waiting for the vanilla doujins

Oct 2, 2020 9:12 PM

Oct 2015
ahneeme said:
why do the character designs have to look like some loli shit? it's honestly disgusting
I guess drawing adults like actual adults will drive away the fetishists

16 years old is not adult dumbass. She is still in her teen years...
Oct 2, 2020 9:18 PM
Jul 2019
Best girl of the season!!!

It turned out great. Didn't expect Nasa to sound like that, but after listening to it, it felt right. Tsukasa sounds great too and it looks like they mellowed her out a bit cause in the manga, she looks to aloof, like you can't touch her.

Anyway, it's looking good. A wholesome story between married couple continues.

I do like ToniKawa getting an anime adaptation but I'm also scared of people sullying this wholesome community.

Oh, and there's a lot of references here, especially Hayate no Gotoku since same mangaka. You won't fully enjoy it without reading it first. Will they keep it there though?
Oct 2, 2020 9:22 PM
Jun 2017
This seems to be a cute series. I am going to watch this one
Oct 2, 2020 9:59 PM
Jul 2020
Ive been looking for an anime just like this so im hyped about this comming out and the first episode did not letme down one bit
Oct 2, 2020 10:12 PM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Hmm quite a oddly catchy opening. But man what an unfortunate name that his parents gave him. But the determination to improve himself sure had a unintended effect on his common sense though. Though you have to admit his scores really are impressive. But it only takes one slip to let truck kun to do his work though. The desire to find a girls name though sure proved to be quite the strong one for Nasa. Still this determination sure created a solid foundation for the confession. The delay in meeting also added in an extra layer of tension as well. But man Marriage between two so young huh. Overall a pretty good opening ep that blended in excellent comedy with some cute emotional moments. Looking forward to seeing the next ep now.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 2, 2020 10:48 PM

Jan 2020
7.77? What insisting it to start from 8?
Хайде, хайде, хайде, това е първата зона, брато, първа зона, първа зона, добре, добре, добре, това става тук горе, отива тук горе, само спокойно, само спокойно... Ха, отдясно е, навсякъде отдясно отдясно къде е дясното ти о да добре добре добре тихо мълчаливо не успях да се съсредоточа върху това ЕХ ТЪПАК КОГАТО СИ БАВНО БАВНО ... ой е путката на моето момиче прасе куче, аз Чувствам се добре, о, мамо, *шамар*, какво е това госпожице татко-
Oct 2, 2020 11:09 PM

Oct 2016
I fucking loved that, definitely going to enjoy this show. Yeah sure, very unrealistic premise but, who cares that was fantastic and entertaining.

OP hit me like truck-kun hitting Nasa-kun, it was unexpectedly a bop.

Overall, really good start I can't wait for more.
Oct 2, 2020 11:27 PM

Jan 2020
What a great start! I was laughing a lot pretty much the entire time. Tsukasa and Nasa are just so adorable! Especially Tsukasa. I'm really looking forward to the next episode.

The opening song is quite catchy. I have heard some of Yunomi's songs before, I absolutely loved most of them, especially Jellyfish, Mentai Cosmic and another one that I forgot the name of.
Oct 2, 2020 11:42 PM

Jul 2016
The guy actually threw a life full of potential opportunities away for a girl... well, not that I haven't seen people in real life doing the exact same thing.

So Tsukasa is 16, uh? Well, guess there won't be any honeymoon night nor wholesome sex for our lovely couple then.

Overall, cute and wholesome start but seriously, this is too good to be true. There must be a trick or something fishy from Tsukasa's side...
Oct 2, 2020 11:44 PM

Oct 2020
The opening theme is so catchy, loved it. I read the manga before, so can't wait for more, good start to the series
Oct 2, 2020 11:56 PM

Apr 2020
Man, that OP is a banger. Overall, I feel like I'm gonna end up liking this anime, might read the manga cause of this.
Oct 3, 2020 12:01 AM

Oct 2019
Ahhhh so cute~~

Can't wait to know more about Tsukasa
Oct 3, 2020 12:09 AM

Mar 2018
Bruh you let your chance escaped to be reincarnated into a fantasy world with RPG elements plus getting a cheat OP skill/weapon and a harem, for a girl who might or might not even be the best girl. Totally not worth it.

Jokes aside, so this is Hayate no Gotoku's creator, Hata Kenjiro's new work and basically Hayate x Hinagiku route we didn't get, huh? I liked Hayate to some degree but this one... Tbh, episode was mostly negative to me. I'm gonna be a wet blanket for a bit so those who loved the episode, please steer away from my post from this point on. I don't want meaningless "why you don't like the show I like" quotes after all.

The premise is realism 0 and absurdity 100. I don't even need to explain why it's super unrealistic. The perfect ideal girl for you who you don't even know her name suddenly started living with you and not to mention get married? At least start with dating first. Self-insertion and wish fulfillment is strong in this one. Unrealism is norm in anime and most of the times, it's a positive depending on execution but I don't think this is one of those times.

Monologuing "she's so cute" once per 5 minutes reflects the author's insecurity and lack of confidence in how he can't write a proper cute female character. I'm a sucker for cute girls, even more so to ones with straight pink hair but Tsukasa is barely 6/10 to me.

I'm not gonna rant on how the couple is literal immortal because knowing Hata, I bet there'll be supernatural stuff incoming explaining this. (Hayate's The End of the World arc flashbacks) I won't be surprised if Tsukasa turns out to be actual Kaguya Princess or something.

At least OP is quite unique and addictive. And the show itself is not something unwatchable and I have some kind of nostalgic bond with author's old work (Nagi best girl) so I'll stick around for a while altho not expecting much from it.

Oct 3, 2020 12:14 AM

Oct 2018
Xenocrisi said:
This was so dumb, like what? She’s definitely scamming him.
And I didn’t really like how they normalized stalking here

OP song was weird but good

Sorry, but no, she's not.

This story is about nothing but the wholesome life of a (somehow) married couple who love each other very very much.
Oct 3, 2020 12:18 AM

Oct 2018
MomoSinX said:
Maybe it's just me but as a non-manga reader the whole premise is kinda absurd. Anyway it seems Tsukasa will be a top tier waifu so I am giving it a chance.

Nah, as a manga reader, it's still absurd, but soon you'll just forget and won't care about it, because it's so damn good and wholesome.
Oct 3, 2020 12:30 AM
Sep 2018
This is going to be great
Oct 3, 2020 12:59 AM
Apr 2014
dang Junya Enoki voiced 2 mc this season

its absurd but eh, nothing wrong with a weekly dose of wholesome

Oct 3, 2020 1:01 AM

May 2019
holy shit
that was actually pretty good adapted !!!

5/5

but now the question is : will they keep the references ?
”A fight isn't won once a victor is decided, it's won when someone loses.” – Izayoi Sakamaki

I don’t even know the real names of the two… no, three that I killed back then. I just closed my eyes, put my hands over my ears and tried to forget it all.” – Kirito

MY ANIME LIST
Oct 3, 2020 1:15 AM

Jan 2015
-Aincrad- said:
Xenocrisi said:
This was so dumb, like what? She’s definitely scamming him.
And I didn’t really like how they normalized stalking here

OP song was weird but good

Sorry, but no, she's not.

This story is about nothing but the wholesome life of a (somehow) married couple who love each other very very much.

Dude, that’s something I didn’t want to know, whether she was scamming him or not. That’s kinda spoiler-ish for me. It wasn’t even a question.
Oct 3, 2020 1:24 AM

Jan 2009
Great start!
Also, the OP immediately gave me a good impression so immediately added it on my Amazon music!
hah.
Oct 3, 2020 1:38 AM
Sep 2019
home boys voice is way deeper than id expect from how he is portrayed in the manga but it be what it be. The op is good without a doubt though
Oct 3, 2020 1:42 AM

Jun 2019
The episode was freakin' adorable. It's so wholesome. Loved it. The OP and ED both were really good.
Oct 3, 2020 1:42 AM
Oct 2019
All you can grab :))
Oct 3, 2020 1:45 AM

Jun 2019
Loved everything about this so far. Super excited to see the season progress!
Oct 3, 2020 1:48 AM

Apr 2020
How should I say this but in the first when I started this episode I was bit anxious that it will be a NTR anime because of that Princess Kaguya story was inspiration, but it wasn't a NTR anime and to be frank I will say this, this is the representation of every Man's Dream
Oct 3, 2020 2:00 AM
Feb 2019
man i liked the opening. it was ok. but for some reason the artstsyle is not as cute as its in the manga. the voices are a bit deeper than i expected. Ill recommend the manga.

RichthofenOct 3, 2020 2:07 AM
Oct 3, 2020 2:25 AM

Oct 2014
The most wholesome rom-com has arrived.

Yes, the premise is absurd, but for those of you who enjoy seeing a rom-com with actually likable characters who grow on you over time, you should stick around.
In the first episode, Nasa has accomplished what 99% of romance MCs never will within the anime's runtime, confessing to the girl he likes.
Oct 3, 2020 2:34 AM
Jan 2020
I like the brisk pace for a rom com, but overall felt pretty cliche and uninteresting. The protagonist Nasa feels so generic, it took me a minute to even remember his name. There were some kind of funny moments though, I didn't hate it at least. I might watch the second episode to see if it improves.
SpaceLemurVGOct 3, 2020 2:37 AM
Oct 3, 2020 2:35 AM

Sep 2020
Wow!! This had a great start. The character design is cute. The opening is cute. The anime itself is cute!! Can't wait to see more of this!! The opening was so catchy!! I really enjoyed the first episode!!
Oct 3, 2020 2:47 AM
Aug 2016
First episode that fun to watching
Oct 3, 2020 2:48 AM
Mar 2013
That was a good start, it's rare to see marriage in such anime right off the bat and it was funny too, Tsukasa reminded me of Chizuru with her mannerism but the VA gives her a different vibe.

MC needs to stop let ting his d...hormones decide his life, when truck-kun showed up I thought it might turn into a fantasy genre
Oct 3, 2020 2:50 AM
Apr 2019
Loved the beat drop with the youtube style intro, that text box shake tho
Oct 3, 2020 3:02 AM

Sep 2018
Damn, that OP was absolutely banging. Was not expecting that lol
Oct 3, 2020 3:39 AM

Jan 2015
I'd say that was a really good adaptation, the pacing the art style, the sounds are all good. hope the quality stays high.

also kanoerana singing ed song. :)
Oct 3, 2020 3:56 AM

Oct 2013
ProofByColor said:
Deknijff said:
I mean she just says those things because Nasa was devaluing the name people have laughed at from his childhood
Sure but that is obviously not my point. The fact that she knew these obscure facts about NASA is incredibly random (not to mention convenient). Plus the dialogue made me feel like I was watching some NASA promotion about how great they are for beating Russia to the moon.
lol obscure?
Isn’t the date of an organisation along with goals and members basically the first thing you get taught when discussing this kind of subject?
I fail to see how that’s obscure knowledge
She didn’t even mention any names of the people who worked at NASA at the time of its founding
Oct 3, 2020 4:26 AM

Oct 2007
The_Sum_of_Zero said:
Nasa a chad, damn.

I COULDA GOT ISEKAI'D BUT FUCK THAT IMMA GO AFTER THIS CUTE GIRL

Truck-kun: Am I a joke to you?

ROFL, Word on that.

Good OP and looking forward to this show ~

Talentz
Oct 3, 2020 5:08 AM
Oct 2020
This anime is really cute! It grabbed my attention quite easily and the op is a banger. As a fellow manga reader, I can assure you that the wholesomeness has just begun. I think that the animation is alright and the art looks nice. I really enjoyed watching this and can't wait for more! Btw, Nasa is an absolute chad and simp for Tsukasa Lmao^^

Animation- 6/10

Art- 7.8/10

Story- 8/10

Overall Enjoyment- 8/10
Oct 3, 2020 5:17 AM

Feb 2014
Fist episode and I'm already loving it. The series is off for a good start.

Truck-kun served as a wingman for the two. LOL!

Oct 3, 2020 5:24 AM
Jul 2015
not to keen on the two main characters VA's they come across far to mature sounding for what I think they should be for this series
Oct 3, 2020 5:36 AM

Mar 2014
I found the first episode unrealistic and kinda stupid but even though I think it's a good start. By the way, I really like Yuzaki's voice.
Oct 3, 2020 6:14 AM

Aug 2020
Saw the PV for this a while back and I knew I wanted to check it out. An interesting premise albeit an unrealistic one but hey it's anime. Looks like it's going to be a lighthearted romcom and I welcome that.

Surprise appearance by Truck-kun when Nasa crossed the road without looking. Tsukasa took the brunt of the hit to save him but went off on her way right after as if nothing happened. She's a strong girl alright.

Second romcom I've seen this year that referenced Princess Kaguya.

Tsukasa appearing out of the blue at Nasa's doorstep upon his turning 18. Not quite sure how she found his new address or knew his age and how he didn't even question that.

Nasa's flustered reactions were hilarious but understandable since he bypassed the dating phase entirely and is about to be married to a girl he met just once more than a year ago.

Got a good impression from this first episode and I'm definitely looking forward to watching this for the next 3 months!
Pages (9) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tonikaku Kawaii Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

KANLen09 - Dec 18, 2020

252 by enigmasauce »»
May 24, 2:34 PM

Poll: » Tonikaku Kawaii Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Marinate1016 - Oct 9, 2020

226 by Zeno »»
May 11, 6:14 AM

Poll: » Tonikaku Kawaii Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

KANLen09 - Nov 13, 2020

124 by ToG25thBaam »»
Feb 20, 5:43 PM

Poll: » Tonikaku Kawaii Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

KANLen09 - Dec 11, 2020

113 by Darkfiend47 »»
Dec 2, 2023 2:35 AM

Poll: » Tonikaku Kawaii Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

KANLen09 - Nov 6, 2020

121 by Monzzhu »»
Jul 24, 2023 11:07 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.