Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »
Sep 26, 2020 7:16 PM
Nov 2019
MegamiRem said:
Le_Light said:
what Happened to her brother ?
I was really Disappointed by manga so I didn't watch the final season . I don't remember properly but I think they adopted him in the extra chapter. Was that shown in the anime ?
And could you tell if anime cut down the flirt scenes?
Ah ! Well by adopting , I meant when Erina asks Asahi to come back and the Nakiri family decides to officially announce him as a member of the Nakiri family.
Thanks
Sep 26, 2020 8:42 PM

Jan 2011
my disappointment is unmatch soma i haven't groan at a reveal as much as i did with everything outside Erina with her family as along as shes happy i guess..

how a king has fallen damn shame was hoping the anime ending would be better but it looks like it somehow was worse

5/10 for this season that doesn't exist and will try and forget lol

it's been fun Soma outside the bad
Sep 27, 2020 12:11 AM

Sep 2017
finally this show revealing the true title "Shokugeki no Erina" lmao. glad they really went with original ending even though it wasnt that different from manga

i wish the ending would be nakiri and souma finally become a thing, or atleast erina saying "delicious" as the final word but well this ending is fine i guess.

it was a fun ride tho, thank you for the foodgasm

this season 5/10
overall 6.5 /10
Sep 27, 2020 5:52 AM

Jan 2015
Damn the end of an amazing journey of 5 years. This anime helped me boosting my confidence throughout High School years. Even though this season was kinda bad. The last 4 episodes saved it. I'm really going to miss this anime.
Sep 27, 2020 10:03 AM

Jul 2017
The ending has come and, well, I have to say I wasn't disappointed, since my expectatives were already low, but I haven't been pleasantly surprised though.
The episode itself felt so rushed and lacked what makes a good Shokugeki no Souma episode: the over-the-top focus on food and strategies the characters follow in order to win the battle, which was what precisely made the Souma vs Asahi episode the best in the season. In fact, we didn't even get to know what food Erina made to win Souma, even though the theme of the Shokugeki was so surprising and seemingly impossible to achieve, what is indeed a really big disappointment for me. I mean, if the theme of the food is so surrealistic, why can't we at least see how Souma and Erina made it? Ingredients, processes, or even the food itself?

Everything about Noir and the "food mafia" is so stupid and nonsensical it isn't even worth mentioning.

Talking about stupid things, the "gifting" thing was already stupid in S4, and they even managed to make it more stupid this season with its variations and "power-ups". The building undressed itself? What the hell?

The ending was meh for me. It was so unsatisfactory to see how Erina didn't say how good Souma's plate was. I mean, that would at least give an ending to Erina's development and to Souma's objectives, and thus ending the series way more properly. Mana's character seemed incomplete for me for the same reason as well.

My overall score for the series: 6/10. It had great arcs and moments in the first seasons, with plenty of originality and epicness, but it progressively went downhill to what we know nowadays.

My overall score for this season: 3/10.
Sep 27, 2020 2:03 PM

Apr 2016
Well, I find this one to be a pretty bad ending, many things were left behind and things I wanted to see were nowhere to be seen. It was a good ride for like 70% of the way but then the disappointment grew season after season. I still like this franchise, so I’m sad it came to an end but the time had come.
Sep 27, 2020 2:59 PM

Feb 2015
The ending to this series seemed like such and open goal yet it was still wide of the mark. It pretty much writes itself but instead we get Nakari family drama. Its also odd that we never got to see what dish Erina cooked to beat Souma

I felt seaon 4 ending was stronger and season 5 was a waste of time as it added very little to the story or characters. I'd actually tell people to skip season 5 and stop at the end of season 4.

It clear the author just ran out of steam/creativity. So there goes Food Wars with a wimper rather than a bang. Its been a fun ride even though it messed up the ending.
Sep 27, 2020 3:38 PM

May 2012
Definitely not the best season of this show, but I still enjoyed it nonetheless. Food Wars is still one of my favorite anime of all-time, and I'll definitely miss it. Thank you Food Wars, for all of the amazing memories. :) 7/10
"No matter how much of a genius one is, in front of the Uchiha name, they're just ordinary people." - Sasuke Uchiha

Sep 27, 2020 4:00 PM

Jan 2014
this ending was so rushed, too much happened all at once (kinda like this season as a whole). i hated the asahi stepbrother thing and the gifting thing somehow got even more stupid lmao. at least erina (sort of) confessed

i don't have super negative feelings about this season (unlike other really bad anime that i regard with burning hatred), i'm kinda apathetic about it but just objectively this season was really terrible. it was okay to pass the time with but i'll have to go 4/10

even if it ended really badly, SnS still made a mark in the anime world! so the creator should feel very proud of that
Sep 27, 2020 4:27 PM
Apr 2017
Soma and Erina for life!
Sep 27, 2020 8:54 PM

Dec 2018
It felt a bit rushed but it was a good long journey.
Sep 28, 2020 3:32 AM
Aug 2020
I don't how to feel but man was it a ride to start to finish. Sure it definitely wasn't the best anime and didn't end that well. It still had many enjoyable parts and was a fun watch throughout. This episode was ok to me nothing special but not bad. It will surely have you missing the show though.

Man I love you food wars but it's time for you to rest. Definitely should have ended last season but it's whatever.

Overall series was a cool 7/10
Sep 28, 2020 4:59 AM

Jul 2013
Ok that was comically entertaining. Comical. But entertaining. Butt comical lol. Not the best season of this show that's sure.

Sep 28, 2020 8:51 AM
Dec 2018
I want to give this episode 5 but because Souma lost I give it 3. This is spesial episode why they don't make him win? Come on man.

But yeah, overall this is very good anime.
8/10 for whole seasons.
VERY NICE JOURNEY!!!
AlamaxSep 28, 2020 9:00 AM
Sep 28, 2020 12:44 PM

Sep 2019
This was a fun ride, kinda sad that this ended. Wanted Erina x Souma ship to sail.
Sep 28, 2020 4:01 PM

Apr 2008
This episode was okay.. They really came up with some random excuses to involve the legacy elite 10. Honestly did stopping Noir really matter? Yukihira still won the match against Asahi.

And ofc Asahi is the illegitimate son.

The romance with Erina at the end also felt very forced. I would have rather they time skipped to a point where they were already married so that the feelings are more mutual.

I have not read the manga and have heard they made the anime adaptation more tolerable, but it's still a 6/10 season for me.
Sep 28, 2020 7:37 PM

Nov 2016
The feeling of happines that this last episode gave me was real, I am happy that the anime ended and that didn't have an open ending.
Now.
The season, overall, is trash.
The same than the last 2 seasons, 0 animations. The food doesn't look as ingenious as before too. Asahi's last plate was clearly a mess, ice cream with soup, sure.
The bullshit of the clothes floating, exploting and the same for the turret, like wtf.
Nothing about Erina x Souma at the end. Super dissapointed.
Sep 29, 2020 2:25 PM

Apr 2015
unpopular opinion: souma and erina have zero chemistry. I can only see them as friends.

Actually, I wasn't expecting romance in this series. To me, it doesn't make much sense. Thank god they didn't show their wedding or whatever happened in the manga.

I felt disappointed with this season not only because the blue arc is just unnecessary, but also because I felt I was watching a show about Erina and not Souma. I don't see anything interesting in her family to write 13 episodes about their issues. The fact that Asahi is her brother is very creepy. He was going to marry her!
Sep 29, 2020 2:33 PM
Jul 2020
Excuse me!?! But any anime character regardless of situation who hits their parents or talks badly towards them has lost all respect from me. I will now be withdrawing my simpingship of Nakiri Erina. Azami is such a sweethart wtf is her problem. Also whaaat!?!? Asahi and Erina are half-siblings ahaha the way he blushed when she called him her brother was adorable. Overall, it was really weird but I liked it, it was cute.

Bruh why did everyone bud in when we were having that SouEri moment.

The gifting as always is just not it. This anime could have easily been a 10/10 with all the hentai shit.

Overall Shoukugeki no Souma was an amazing experience. Glad I started it ( and stuck with it)
5th plate: 7/10
1-5 overall: 9/10

Favorite Character: Kojiro Shinomiya omg he's freaking amazing hahah
Sep 29, 2020 11:53 PM

Dec 2015
for a franchise finale i'm quite disappointed. the usage of stills was horrid. the lack of animation in every single scene was obvious. still shots were everywhere. in these stills nothing was moving except the camera and the lip flaps. the writing was atrocious. storylines were hacked and spliced together with little to no plotpoints joining them together. sudden departures and arrivals and just a seemingly random storm of picked and chosen and selected bits of story tossed into a pot and boiled to death.
///
this was a back burner anime for me from day one. i grew up with a professional chef in my mother so i thought, "Oh. Cooking Anime? Let's find out what it's like." and yeah, about as realistic as 'Dragonball' mixed with 'Record of Lodoss War' using an encyclopedia of world culinary terms. i figured JC Staff would dump it after season 2 but they just kept going and going and going... i guess they needed SOME way to make money hmm? shrug.
///
over time it was entertaining. but... i hate to say... for a franchise finale? this WAS A HUGE FLOP. after the season finale of 'Railgun S3' i was expecting something truly epic and kickass from JC Staff and the franchise finale of 'Food Wars'.
///
nope. that is SO not what i got. i think JC Staff finally got sick of 'food wars' and let it go out with a whimper instead of a bang.
just an ol school otaku enjoyin the life. don't sass me kiddies, i've been otaku probably since before you were born. leave me in peace and i won't bother you either.
Sep 30, 2020 3:17 AM

Mar 2011
A dumb ending to a dumb anime but damn was it a fun ride.

Last episode felt a tad rushed with them suddenly making everyone have a happy ever after but was quite satisfying none the less.
"When everyone else is about to give up, the fighter who becomes the role model, is the true Leader."

Oct 2, 2020 12:53 AM

Sep 2016
Oh good riddance. Always wanted to drop this series from S2 but was intrigued by the science and history behind most recipes. The protagonist with that f*ckface and "I work in a diner so I know what's best for my customers and you people who work in posh restaurants don't know anything" attitude annoy the shit out of me.

My neck and eyes are still aching from shaking my head and rolling my eyes throughout this episode. Oh well, plenty of time to heal from now on.
TheSmilingShoujoOct 2, 2020 1:02 AM
<GENERIC SIGNATURE>
Oct 2, 2020 11:16 PM

Oct 2008
5 seasons and it has ended! is there any anime that reached beyond 6 Seasons (not counting the continuous like Kitarou or Black Clover) ???
that blush of Erina to Souma but i never felt any trace of romance between them huh...
5/5.
8/10.

wait!? what?! is Saiba Asahi the illegitimate son of Azami Nakiri!?!?

Oct 3, 2020 11:27 AM

Mar 2015
I hated the ending of the manga but this, this is perfectly fine.
Oct 4, 2020 6:08 AM

Feb 2014
It feels sad that, after 5 and a half years, the anime of Food Wars has reached its end. =(

Despite the whole Noir issue and the comedic style of cooking that went along with the whole BLUE arc, at least the final two episodes was able to end things on a high. I still find it amusing that Soma, despite making one hell of a dish that led to Erina and Mana having a gifting strong enough to damage the castle, STILL LOST the final to Erina. Poor sod. XD

Either way, I would rate this final season a 7.5/10, easily the weakest of the 5 seasons that we got. If I was rating the series as a whole, then I would be generous enough to give it a 9/10. The Noir and BLUR arc was average and Azami's involvement in the previous seasons wasn't all smooth sailing at times, but I've come to love the main cast a lot, especially my favourite girl, Megumi. =3

This whole series will be missed, that's for sure...
Oct 4, 2020 12:53 PM
Aug 2018
A great ending for a great series! What a ride! I enjoyed it very much
Thank you shokugeki no souma
Oct 6, 2020 3:16 AM

Nov 2018
I had hope that they would make a different ending for the anime.

They did, and they made it worse, this was a disappointing ending, it's hard to believe that this is the end of Shokugeki no Souma.

I don't think they are going to make an OVA, this season was pretty fast paced and the animation was meh, J.C. Staff probably will not make an OVA.

5/10
I thought this season would be worse, but it's still not a good season.

SEIBAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Oct 6, 2020 12:43 PM

May 2012
Quite a nice fifth season I must say, the only thing I could also think about the Noir group just always reminded me of Team Rocket with those clothes and colours.

For the rest it sure was an interesting ending and I really liked how they still are leaving room for many paths that they could walk, yet made a lovely enough ending for this season to be the final!

All in all a great watch.
RafaelDeJonghOct 6, 2020 12:52 PM
Oct 7, 2020 8:50 AM

Mar 2017
The part about Erina stating her feelings for Soma was kinda cringe like it was out of a hentai. Oh wait...

Seriously though, the part about Soma dedicating his dish to Nakira was way better.
An admin's dickhead Soul banned me from MAL t('v't)
Oct 7, 2020 7:43 PM

Sep 2011
Well that sure did limp across the finish line. Shame the series has been in the shonen downward spiral since Azami was introduced. But this season was even worse than the Azami saga.

I will give it points for basically confirming Soma/Erina even if it means Soma never accomplished any of his goals onscreen.
Oct 9, 2020 10:18 AM

May 2011

lmao this is great.

took the words out of my mouth. I had faith. JC staff, you showed us the wedding scene in the OP, SO WHY NOT FXCKING MAKE IT COME TRUE IN THE END. OH GOD, you had so much time to put in filler and explain about all the shit they did behind the scene to the noirs when souma was fighting in the blue, but no. You cant even spare a minute to make the scene every fans wanted!

Seriously?

The manga let me down, then jc staff came in, gave us hope through the OP, and at the final episode, they fuck us up again. Really now.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Oct 9, 2020 12:46 PM

May 2020
I found this heart warming ending. Happy ending and this anime didn't have romance atmosphere. Cool Souma finally you can take Erina's heart. Was great plan to make food for Erina and her mom and you saved the Nakiri family. Still the top priority is if you want to be a good chef, you should have someone that you cooking for. Pretty cool I like this ending. Been following since I'm in high school and finally it comes to an ending and epic. 10/10 no tired to watching agai and again.
Oct 11, 2020 2:54 AM

Dec 2012
So the God Tongue curse wasn't lifted in the end? That's sad.

I knew Asahi was Azami's son from the way he looked and the Ending song visuals.

This series peaked in season 3 and has been underwhelming after that.
Albi-kunOct 11, 2020 3:05 AM
Oct 11, 2020 11:29 AM

Oct 2013
I have to admit, the finale is very underwhelming compared to the 1st season, and the timeskip made it worse. I don't read the manga but apparently Souma and Erina are getting married ? if so then i'd like to see that scene on the anime adaptation, too bad they didn't include it.

In The end, Souma couldn't beat Erina and Tsukasa on 1v1 showdown, that is very anticlimactic

The Ending card was pretty nice though, all characters enjoying meals together at Yukihira's

Overall score 7/10, only stayed for the 2D dishes
Oct 11, 2020 2:03 PM

Aug 2016
Manga readers were not exaggerating in the slightest. It's been a LONG time since I've given a 3 or lower score to an anime.. I also rarely give out 9/10's but the first season of this series was so fantastic that I gave it one.

You can tell the writer was constrained and had to shit out an ending with the dwindling sales of the franchise... They handled characters so poorly. So you insert a character as a "teacher" to then do a reveal that he is connected to the main character.. Which did nothing because we don't even know who the fuck he is to begin with. It would be different if he was a side character that had been around for a while, waiting and preparing for the right time to make his move. Speaking of side character, it's pathetic that characters like Kurokiba, Alice and Hayama were reduced to nobodies that barely did anything. The new 'villian' characters were also terrible. Their personalities were cringe and their designs were absolute garbage.

The battles themselves were awful. It was just montages of the two competitors name showing up on the screen, one cut scene of the final dish, and then the obvious winner being shown.. Not saying we need every battle, but we need more then that. It was also laughable that they had Soma's legendary father beaten off screen.. lol

Then we get to the plot where Erina is like some ancient asian woman that goes 'you dishonor my family now we must d-d-duel!'.. Yes agree to marry a guy if you lose a cooking competition because he badmouthed your family.. Yeah okay. And of course the braindead harem Soma suddenly flipped a switch and wanted to fight over Erina.. because now all of a sudden he is calling her pretty and is into that kind of stuff. I mean shit at least they could've given a conclusive romantic answer at the end.

I was very tempted to just quit watching it after that cringe and unfunny episode 8.. But I stomached the rest to complete the series. 3/10.
Oct 16, 2020 3:53 PM

Feb 2014
oho~ nice finale. It´s been a while since I had a fulfilling finale.

With that,I am now thinking rating 8 instead of 7
Oct 20, 2020 5:37 AM
Jun 2019
Well, that wraps up the series. It's been a hell of a journey and I'm really happy with the ending. It went back to the roots of the show with the fun humor and general good vibes. I haven't read the manga so I don't know how it originally ended but I'm happy with this anime ending it leaves things open for a movie or ova/ spinoffs. This final season has been interesting it started decently strong pacing was off in the middle and a lot of the shokugeki's felt off. But the last few episode and ending really redeemed it. 7/10 (favorite scene was the flashback with somas mom)
Oct 25, 2020 5:51 AM
Oct 2020
Pls give us ova about somaxerina im begging you 😭😭 how can the ending just to be like that we need love ending tooooooo
Oct 26, 2020 3:16 PM
Oct 2017
Damn this is how its really gonna end I wish it would have another season to show how these guys come to admit they love each other but that will be another unheard wish
Oct 29, 2020 7:19 AM

Jun 2017
Why do some people here fancied for romantic scenes or conclusion between Erina and Soma? Surely you'd know by now that this anime isn't focused on romance! Besides, having them married or confess to each other is too cliché.

I'm fine with the ending; except, they needn't have to make Azami to be the father of Asahi. That was too far-fetched tbh.

She got him back. If you understand the characters well enough, you'd know she did!
Nov 1, 2020 6:46 AM

Aug 2011
The series, overall, I give it a 10 rating - very entertaining and humorous; I loved the epic cooking battles and recipes.

Not enough Isshiki cooking moments for me and the Polar Dormitory just fell off the map after the second (or the 3rd) season. I felt the last season was sorely lacking in many areas and although I found the manga ending disappointing, the anime wasn't much better.

Asahi did not need ties to the Nakiri family; that should have ended with Joichiro saying, "I'm still your dad when it comes to cooking', and Asahi rides off into the sunset to find himself.

I know this was not a romance anime, but I couldn't help but ship in this anime. AlicexRyou, HisakoxTakumi, IsshikixRyoko, EishixRindo - and my all time favorite, SoumaxMegumi. I think Souma's too laid back for the Nakiri family.

All in all, it was a good ride, but I'm not looking forward to any OVA's especially if it's putting Erina together w/ Souma.
Nov 4, 2020 5:21 PM

Mar 2019
Well i was already disappointed with this season so i wasn't expecting much from the ending, wth were they all special agents/spies all along? like does it even matter what the other characters did in the meantime? god this at least commit to super powers since the first episode or something. Anyway, tremendous blue balls as well with Souma and Erina, never felt the chemistry either, shy blue girl was a better couple for Souma.

5/10 Season.
7/10 Overall, might be too generous though.
Nov 6, 2020 1:28 PM
Apr 2020
I don't know if it's only me but I loved this series however I just hate how they ended it. Right now I'm left with the feeling of wanting more!!!!!
Nov 11, 2020 9:18 AM

Aug 2014
Horrible arc, Noir was a huge joke. Erina confessing her feelings to the watchers was the best part about it.

I loved the first few seasons, but no real closure, lots of wasted potential that took a bad turn.

In my opinion, a lot of screen time was wasted on the overabundant amount of characters that we were introduced to, no balance between food showdowns and SoL elements, making it rushed and unenjoyable.

4/10 for this season, only because there was a slight progress between Erina and Souma, and the Nakiri family.
Nov 13, 2020 1:35 AM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
Maybe it’s because I came into this with extremely low expectations, but I gotta say I did enjoy this much more than I thought I would.

Really it’s just more of the same food porn goodness, and yeah while it all looks great, it does get exhausting watching the same stuff over and over for 5 seasons. This final season definitely felt the most rushed out of them all, and also the most weird especially with those whacky noir members. That said, despite the mess it is, it is not lacking of heart, and there are the touching backstories that surface every once in awhile. Nothing amazing, but it does get the job done at giving this series some heart to be its core.

Didn’t read the manga ok, so I’m not judging how the ended the series based on what the did or didn’t do. I thought the ending more than sufficed. Really I was just expecting a really abrupt ending with little to no closure. I didn’t see it that way; instead I found it fulfilling. Ok yeah maybe all the stuff they crammed in at the end was pretty convoluted and the nakiri family stuff that was resolved I didn’t care for too much, but I’m talking about the ending ending when they’re all just chilling at the diner. I think that’s a very fitting ending. Soma cooking for everyone who helped him grow, and his dad just outside taking it all in.

I have the first season a 7 because it was fresh and new and I enjoyed it. Gave the following seasons 6’s because while still filled with glorious food porn, were just more of the same and didn’t really try anything new. This season was a 5, a 6 at best. But I’m ending up giving it a 7 for being able to give me a satisfactory ending. That and finally acknowledging the mom was sweet. And the few seconds of paper cut out characters during the op. And while all our favourite characters were kind of cast aside, I’m glad they still included them somewhat.

Oh and soma finally feeding nakiri some peanut butter squid. I’ve been waiting for that shit

NYANPASU
5700XT

Nov 27, 2020 11:38 PM
Nov 2020
okay so like ive watched this since the first episode and 5+ years did soma or nakiri kiss im going to write a strongly worded letter im beyond pissed tbh.
Dec 1, 2020 1:12 AM

Oct 2015
disappointed that we still haven't seen Soma make Erina say his dish is delicious
Dec 6, 2020 12:33 PM

Mar 2010
Boobs, pussy, the only good thing from this series, I had some good laughs here and there but damn was hoping to see some full on orgys.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Dec 14, 2020 3:54 PM
Nov 2014
i'm going to miss this series, i really loved the characters and the story + foods in it.

goodbye food wars, you have been a joy to watch.
Dec 15, 2020 4:23 AM

Aug 2018
To think I was gonna give this season 6/10 because of the theme was instead of cooking, we got cyberpunk-themed-tools and how to use them but in the end, it goes back to cooking and ingredients... 7/10 score
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma: Gou no Sara Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 18, 2020

84 by Danibola »»
Aug 4, 5:45 PM

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma: Gou no Sara Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Syureria - Aug 7, 2020

99 by Danibola »»
Aug 4, 5:43 PM

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma: Gou no Sara Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

alphazero4um - Jul 24, 2020

82 by Weebleez »»
Jul 18, 11:52 AM

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma: Gou no Sara Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 11, 2020

73 by The_Black_B3ast »»
May 30, 7:19 PM

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma: Gou no Sara Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 4, 2020

75 by The_Black_B3ast »»
May 30, 7:13 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.