Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
My Youth Romantic Comedy Is Wrong, As I Expected (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Sep 11, 2020 3:09 PM

Sep 2017
SoraSenpai said:
Damn man what an episode.

Yukino running after Hikigaya was such a good scene, and the fact that he hesitantly grabbed her hand and then grabbed it...God Damn man SO GOOD!
Also this scene...god damn I have never seen Yukino like this. Just basically looking for something from Hikigaya.

Man the love for Yui this season is strong but I think Yukino's developments have been recently good.

I loved the banter back and forth between her and Hikigaya while on the Microphone again.

Hiratsuka sensei coming up with some major knowledge and advice again.

God Damn only 2 episode left.

That scene was a reallyyy huge sign of her true feelings alright. It was so sweet to see that side of her.

Not just the talking through the microphone, but the scene when they talked while setting up the microphone for the stage was nice too.

I dunno if everything can be wrapped up over 2 episodes though. 3 episodes might somehow do it, but 2? I'm very doubtful about it unless they will do an OVA for the conclusion just like how Oresuki continued its final chapter of the story.
Sep 11, 2020 5:12 PM
Oct 2018
the prom was.. a little underwhelming? lol I don't quite understand what happened.
also, the bg music at that one part was really weird
--
Sep 11, 2020 6:01 PM

Feb 2014
This was quite sad tbh. Hachiman plucking Yukinon fingers from his arm like saying to let go. Also everytime I see Haruno, it makes me realize I don't wanna be an adult yet.
When someone asks me why I like anime, I'd say Just Because.

Sep 11, 2020 9:48 PM
Towel Attendant

Dec 2014
I am so uncertain about all of this. Can't we just have a simple:
Sep 12, 2020 2:37 AM
Feb 2016
Must be suck having that kind of sister huh

Yup, fucking jealous bitch. Sensei best girl wohooo
Anguish_one7Sep 12, 2020 3:30 AM
Sep 12, 2020 4:41 AM
Oct 2012
Perhaps I'm going to be hated, but I loved Iroha in this episode.
Sep 12, 2020 5:27 AM

Jun 2017
Wow, that tempting offer from Iroha, anyone could have easily fallen for that, but not our 8man. Anyway, Sensei is such a cool person, and hot too.
“What do you do when there is an evil you cannot defeat by just means? Do you stain your hands with evil to destroy evil? Or do you remain steadfastly just and righteous even if it means surrendering to evil?”
― Lelouch Vi Britannia
Sep 12, 2020 6:46 AM

May 2018
Nice episode. Yukinon's monologues were cut out as always. Yui and Isshiki being kawaii :3
Sep 12, 2020 7:39 AM

Jun 2016
ShiroHachi said:
I still can't believe they cut the Romeo and Juliet scene, it's one of the most romantic scenes for Yukino and Hachiman. They also cut Yukino's last interlude/monologue. Man, Yukino only had 2 interludes for 3 seasons and they didn't adapt any of them FFS. And of course they adapted all Yui and Iroha scenes perfectly, including the dance scene. If any LN readers still thinks this is a good adaptation, something is wrong with you. How can they convince anime only fans about the main couple with 2 episodes now?

Romeo and Juliet scene and Yukino Interlude(from the LN)

Thanks for including this
Sep 12, 2020 8:02 AM
May 2016
fogger said:
I liked the first two seasons but this one is just terrible. Anyone feel the same way?

Yes I hate this season it's been awful :(
Sep 12, 2020 8:19 AM
May 2016
rooru-kun said:
Perhaps I'm going to be hated, but I loved Iroha in this episode.

Iroha has been best girl all season.
Sep 12, 2020 8:32 AM
Jan 2011
Where is Hiratsuka going? Marriage,different job,etc?
Sep 12, 2020 9:10 AM

Jun 2019
I really loved this episode. Everything was so good and enjoyable. Their dance was so sweet. Damn, I wish Shiratzuka Sensei was younger.
Sep 12, 2020 9:40 AM
Mar 2020
Loved the interaction between Hachiman and Hiratsuka Sensei, too bad it wasn't longer. Great episode 5/5
Sep 12, 2020 1:44 PM

Mar 2017
It felt like Hikki was on the edge of fading back to the way he used to be during this episode, especially after speaking to Haruno. God bless Shizuka because she's a more feeling & positive person than Haruna & she made Hikki realize that his friendship with Yukino & Yui is more than Haruno could understand from a third-person perspective.
Sep 12, 2020 5:12 PM

May 2015
The amount of people crying about Feel's apparent "Yui bias" is just hilarious at this point. 😂

Sep 12, 2020 8:07 PM

Jan 2016
Well, this drama is nearing to its end by next episode. 8man has the final decision :P
THANKS SENPIEX
Sep 13, 2020 2:39 PM
Sep 2020
I think this last 2 episodes will be emotional and this is the first anime that I don't have any expectations of how the story will end so I'm so excited
Sep 13, 2020 2:50 PM
Jul 2020
spectrojan said:
fogger said:
I liked the first two seasons but this one is just terrible. Anyone feel the same way?

Same. This isn't terrible but it's too drawn out, and owing to the fact that we already know how it's going to end, every character interaction that doesn't progress or influence anything in that direction just seems pointless to someone who's not very deeply invested in these characters. For the rest of us, it's like "trying to dance around the inevitable outcome for as long as we can".

Seriously, this is the first ep that Yukino got more than 3 minutes of screentime because it was pretty much Yui throughout the season, but even in this one we got 8man dancing with her. I swear it was back during ep 4 or 5 when people said that now finality with Yui has been achieved but lo and behold she's still f&cking around at ep 10 and I'm honestly bored of her having a self pity breakdown every episode now.
This literally summarizes my thoughts on season 3. I love yui but she gets waayyyy to much screen time. Someone who hadn't watched the first 2 seasons would think shes the main character and that yukino is a random side character stealing her man when in reality its not. Not to mention that actual side characters like kawasaki or the chunibyo guy (can't remember his name) only have like 1 minute screen time the whole season and I also agree that they are just milking pity out of yui its acc getting boring now. Its clear the anime develops hate yukino and favour yui. This episode just highlighted how this season has been missing yukino x hiki moments which was a huge part of why I fell in love with the show
Sep 13, 2020 6:32 PM

Oct 2008
well what can i say?... a great episode except for Haruno what the f**k is up with her!?!?
in my own fantasies: that moment is a perfect moment to kiss her! lolz @ scene [17:55]
5/5!

Sep 14, 2020 12:32 AM

Aug 2018
Man i miss the Hachiman and Yukino convos and mocking to each other
Our boy needs to step up his game in the upcoming eps to have a resolution that he REALLY WANTS, which is genuine that Haruno talks about.
B O C C H I  S W E E P
Sep 14, 2020 3:49 AM

Mar 2016
I'm getting some rushed vibes from the next episodes.
Sep 14, 2020 7:02 AM
Apr 2019
Ep11 is coming bruh 😍😍😍😍😍😍 can't wait!!!!!!!!! I've waited a long time for this episode to happen 😳 biggest episode of full franchise
Sep 14, 2020 8:40 AM

Jun 2012
Hey! Does anyone know the soundtrack that plays during the 8man and Yukino conversation in the hallway? When 8man was leaving to see Haruno?
Sep 14, 2020 9:56 AM
Jul 2013
Hiratsuka-sensei is the type of person that would say the exact words you want to hear the most when you're down and contemplating.

Can someone just marry her already?
Sep 14, 2020 12:17 PM

Jan 2014
The prom was very nice and was a success. Yukino was right about Iroha not just letting Hachiman "leave" and be uninvolved with different activities since Iroha herself literally was trying to recruit him into the Student Council by giving him an "excuse he cannot refuse." It was nice hearing some normal talking from Yukino and Hachiman and hearing their old classic banter was hilarious. Iroha seems pleased that she doesn't have to be an interpreter anymore lmao.

That Yukino Hachiman scene in the end was so cinematic and beautiful. I coulda sworn they almost hugged or kissed or something. I really wanted to hear what Yukino was going to say but Hachiman walked away too soon!
You can just see all of the character development into this episode. Yukino was desperately trying to be as honest as she can towards her mother and towards Hachiman, but Hachiman "rejected" her in a way. Kind of interesting but it was probably because he was very conflicted that it wouldn't be a genuine one due to his whole "codependency" thoughts sowed by Haruno. The way I see this right now, it's Haruno vs. Hiratsuka-sensei in terms of seeing the Service Club's relationship. One is very skeptical and the other optimistic. I'm with Team Optimistic on this one. Haruno literally does not have anything better to do than to completely mess with her sister and her friends.

EDIT: So little people seem to be talking about the new soundtrack for this season. The songs are soo good. The background song for when Hachiman and Yukino were in the hallway was absolutely perfect.
When is the OST releasing? I need it now!!
zeron824Sep 14, 2020 12:22 PM
Sep 15, 2020 5:46 AM
Oct 2015
2 days until the greatest anime
ever gets butchered booooooys, fasten your seatbelts
ShiroHachiSep 15, 2020 5:54 AM
Sep 15, 2020 1:30 PM

Apr 2016
Well, my interest in this series is less and less, I just want to see the end now.
Sep 15, 2020 9:21 PM
Nov 2019
Good lord... The way these teens express their feelings and thoughts, just makes it so complicated.
Sep 15, 2020 11:21 PM

Jun 2017
Yukino and her mom's conversation was strange. I can understand that Hikigaya and others close to Yukino were interested in the conversation between them. But I find it strange that the whole room froze when they listened to Yukino's answer.

Yukino is obsessed over getting her father's job. Any realistic characters would have at least considered a second career choice as an option. Her father's job is also very vague. It is some kind of business but the details are never mentioned. According to my understanding, if she can't get her father's job, starting a new independent business would solve the problem. Unless she doesn't have the passion for the job and is only interested in inheriting it.
Sep 16, 2020 8:05 AM

Dec 2009
Masquerade1 said:
Hey! Does anyone know the soundtrack that plays during the 8man and Yukino conversation in the hallway? When 8man was leaving to see Haruno?

Unreleased for now. Probably the best thing you will be able to find at this time

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6hkYk-i8qfQ
Sep 16, 2020 2:00 PM

May 2009
I would like to think most of the time I am 5head but I do not get this show whatsoever.
time to read some explanations!
check out my twitch: https://twitch.tv/slowy
Sep 16, 2020 4:37 PM

Jan 2009
Syureria said:
Somehow I feel this is even more painful, why teenagers have to life a like that ... Love is a complicated thing and teenagers get caught up in it. Well, I don't like that dance. Where there is a meeting there will be a farewell.

Is it just my feeling that episode 10 sensei always comes to give advice to Hachiman? Those soundtrack is so beautiful.

Well since season 1 she's said that she used to be essentially hachiman, so she's probably trying to make sure he doesn't make the same mistakes she did in high school.
Sep 16, 2020 10:18 PM
Jan 2016
Nice, heart-warming eps...it's a really full eps, there are Isshiki-Hikki scene, Yui-Hikki scene, Yukino-Hikki scene, Haruno-Hikki scene, and Hiratsuka-sensei-Hikki scene, really complete...and yeah they all have different kind of relation but in the end everybody will rely to Hikki, multifunction maybe? hahaha...just kidding. Is there something genuine in this world, I can only say yeah there are many genuine things, just don't give up, Haruno, you're life is not an ideal replica, trust me...and awkward scene with Yukino and Yui, yeah if I'm in that position, maybe I'll run to, just can't express my own feelings, why, because just like Hiratsuka-sensei said, you can't express your feelings in just only one words, okay, I really agree with that, best waifu material here, Hiratsuka-sensei...I think the prom scene is only a side scene, not the main one, so yeah I think I can understand that it only had a few minutes. Eveybody seems to be interested to Hikki aren't they? Gentle-harem boy, Hikigaya Hachiman...
Sep 17, 2020 5:17 AM

Feb 2019
Irohassu was super extra cute this episode! Loved all her scenes.

Really loved the scene where Hikki danced with Yui. Yui's invitation to Hikki to dance was really cute, and even her saying that it was embarrassing was cute. I guess what she meant was that the next wish would be the last.

As expected, Hikki ran away before giving his answer.

Yukino running after Hikki though.

The things Haruno says always puts doubt into my mind. But to be honest, I didn't fully understand it. I'm not sure what her motivations are, whether it is born out of kindness, curiosity, something else, or a combination of several such things...

Hiratsuka-sensei is awesome as always. She's truly the first one to say with definite clarity that to her their relationship isn't codependency. That might be how one would see their relationship from a pessimistic perspective. But to her, it's not.

And with her leaving, she'll give Hikki her final lesson. Damn. I sense feels incoming.

To be honest, I don't know how well this is being adapted. I heard criticisms of the adaptation, saying that a lot of important material was not adapted, especially in things like monologue. To be honest, I don't understand a lot of the subtext of what's happening and I can't figure out what some of our characters are thinking. Is it just me that can't read it, or is it because the adaptation isn't exactly on point in conveying everything?

I also heard that although it worked out pretty well for seasons 1 and 2 to adapt exactly 4 volumes each, it's harder this time because volume 14 is longer? I would understand if the adaptation is not perfect in that case, with only 12 episodes for a lot more content. More content that can't really fill 2 cours, but at the same time is too short for a single cour. Something like 16 episodes might've fit, but that's rare and might be difficult to justify to the production committee.

Anyway, I'm a bit confused on the story right now. Specifically, what our characters are thinking and wanting. I hope it gets clearer and I hope somehow this anime, regardless of the light novel, can have a good and satisfying ending.
Sep 17, 2020 6:53 AM

Nov 2013
This episode really showcased how complex of a character Haruno is and in turn, how much wisdom Hiratsuka-sensei has in reserve. I’d really love more exposition on their characters especially.
How I interpreted Haruno’s conversation at the end.

When Haruno says Yukino’s wish was just a substitute for what she couldn’t have, she likely is referring to her letting go of Hachiman for Yui. And Hachiman deceived himself by believing that wasn’t the case and that she just wanted to pursue her career and independence, so the Club was disbanded as a result. But Haruno is telling him that they can’t run away, that he has to confront the both of them or else it will eat away at him forever. She’s saying that even at the detriment of their relationship with one another, they have to let their feelings be known to one another and can’t simply try to use the Club and their circumstances as a pretext to lie to themselves about the reality of the situation and end it on a happy note. Referring back to Episode 8, Haruno only wants to see what’s genuine and isn’t interested with the relationship maturing in a sham.
TLDR: Haruno wants him to settle their relationship properly and leave her satisfied with his effort.

Hachiman says it is no different from what he did before (ie. deceiving his ideals and maintaining the status quo) because he is afraid of fracturing their relationship for good at the expense of knowing the truth.
Haruno asks if something genuine truly exists as she likely has faced similar circumstances and didn’t fare well in the end, and wants to witness Hachiman’s resolve.

Yui’s final wish may also be related.
Sep 18, 2020 12:28 AM

Oct 2010
The prom was boring but at least yui danced with 8man. I am still waiting for someone to roast or destroy haruno bitch but all the characters are cowards.
Sensei went to a batting center of all places? That's very stupid, why not give 8man some wine and beer and then head straight to ''bussiness''?
And how come that idiot hayama and his retarded sidekick don't get what they deserve? What a disappointing anime
Sep 18, 2020 8:50 PM
Jul 2020
This was a great episode too. Sad that it has terrible score.
Sep 21, 2020 5:26 PM

Oct 2012
I dunno, feels like we are really running in circles with their threesome relationship. Meanwhile, Isshiki at least has some great chemistry with him (and people tend to move away from relationships that are painful for them in favor of having a fun and laugh with each other in the first place). I wonder why Yukino didn't hear what they were talking about together, I mean, they had their headsets on (probably direction problem though).

I'm just saying that if he ever steps into their family he will be under constant stress of maintaining his status quo, and I'm sure as hell I wouldn't want to deal with family like that and a girl as insecure and indecisive at that. It would spell so many more problems when the 'real' issues come in the future (as what they are having now is just high-school farce.

I mean, even Gahama would be a better option as seen in the last episode. And don't let me start about Haruno who is the one creating artificial problems from the start while everything gets discarded by his teacher in the end of this episode. Codependence bullshit. At least Haruno had that moment of sincerity for once but too late to change anything.

Whole this arc was just textbook-case example of how not to do the drama when nothing was really changed. Right now we are back to square one and there was hardly any scene that would warrant Yukino/Hachiman feelings.
Sep 24, 2020 4:56 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
The last quarter of the last Oregairu. It seems everything just straight to reach the final. The prom night for the third class was just a gimmick. Its actually to present a nice connections between our 3 MC. However its just turned out bad, of course. Yui kept playing along outside. Yukino kept act like a brave soul, still fragile inside. Hachiman worse the situations, and won't let it play as simple as i want. He kept running away, making it impossible to reach the end, to end their complexity, right away.

However, as the episode visualized something different, thanks to sensei's advice, once again. She always help Hachiman to released what he thought. Ah, Come on. I am getting tired to their finalization. Because it should be simple. But the way everyone just kept it slow, the pace getting a lower rate again, and nothing happened anywhere. The way these episode coming along with all of the nuances, its not help increasing my mood. Oregairu, with its heavy breath of dramatic situations, always became a two edge sword for me. At least they clearly stated how the sister of Yukino felt about their relations. Ah, yes, you were really matched up for Hachiman. Lol.

Whatever happen, let see me the next episode, then. How well its cover some trouble.
badabassSep 24, 2020 5:00 AM
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Sep 24, 2020 11:44 AM

Aug 2014
10 episodes in of this 12 episodes anime.  Its just tooo much teasing.  Too much setting up for the "wish", the final event, yet nothing seems to be progressing with their relationship in these 10 episodes so far nor do we have any hint of what Yui's wish is.  I hate it when animes leave their big revelations/moments right at the end of an anime instead of letting the audience know early what it is.

Now im even wondering if theres even any romantic feelings between any of the three main characters, or if its just about their friendship and whats gonna happen to it since the club might not be there anymore.  And if there are romantic feelings, whats the point of it because this anime has given us up to like close to 40 episodes so far (if we count season 1 and 2 and OVA/special episodes) and nothing of romantic development.  So why should we care that at the very end there might be romantic progress when the anime franchise is about to end. Should have done it earlier.

I gotta say, I enjoy this anime when it focuses on Hachiman and Yui and the background characters.

But when it focuses on Yukinon, Haruno, and Iroha, just meh. 

And my gosh, I expected much more from the prom. Like I expected for the main characters to be some sort of development between them at the prom, but nope. The prom was just a background footnote.
oooo3333Feb 18, 2023 5:56 AM
Sep 26, 2020 9:16 PM

Nov 2014
yeah.. the prom was a great success, even Yukino's mom approved of it, even better she also approved Yukino's career plan.

and another Yui scene, she got the dance with 8man..
Haruno still not satisfied upon the genuity of the 3 that hasn't been shown at all..

another wonderful dialogues/monologues from 8man & Yukino, and once again her expression was saddened.

good frief as usual Hiratsuka-Sensei gave a big push to 8man upon the genuity and their codependency... just utter ur feelings 8man XD...

well .. i expecting a confession in the next episode :D
Sep 27, 2020 12:15 PM

Feb 2014
Man, don't these teenagers have anything better to do? So much melodrama and angst. Find a hobby or a job FFS. The gloomy, K/J-drama-ish directing style amplifies it even more. This is why I prefer the first season much more.The 2nd season at least managed to balance the fun and melodrama quite well.This on the other hand is full on doom and gloom, pretentious emofest.
Sep 27, 2020 9:17 PM
Dec 2019
my heart can't take it...hachiman has grown so much and both yui and yukino are so precious :/
Oct 2, 2020 4:04 PM

Jun 2020
Ok I literally was about to cry on Hiratsuka-sensei it was the last moment they are going to talk, and Yukino is so honest now.

This was a truly wonderful series I'm glad that it will end but why am I crying?
Oct 3, 2020 11:10 PM

May 2017
Fuuuck I hate the sister. I don't even know what her deal is. She just tells these kids that they shouldn't be friends because they "rely" on each other too much?? Sounds like a bitter adult shitting on younger kids over something she wishes she had. Harriman just wants to be best friends with both Yui and Yuki!! Poor fuck doesn't want to go back to being how he was before, can't these people understand!? He's forever changed and wants to have people to depend on him, while also depending on them! That's how a friendship is, good fucking lord.

Thank God best teacher said what she did. They all got so worked up over Yuki's sister's words, when it was all untrue. Relying on your friends is a good thing. That doesn't mean you're 'weak, it just means that you are lucky as fuck to have such food friends in your life, people who you can trust.

I don't know man, but also, is there a storyline where Hachiman DOESN'T choose either girl?? I'm still holding out that they all date in the end. The Yui x Yuki fanservice goes so hard
Oct 24, 2020 6:21 PM

Aug 2019
20 minutes that absolutely flew by i swear. Although the happiness of the prom finally being able to go through has already passed, the happiness of watching it successfully pull through was also a massive plus. Probably late on this, but Hachiman and Yukino definitely seem to be having much more, casual and friendly (maybe borderline flirting) at times, compared to previous interaction. I love it.

Will also say, this anime's OST is so god damn flexible, like the casual prom music with the dim lighting, that gets switched to the slow dancing track for Hachiman and Yui was so nice. Then Yukino and Hachiman's 1 to 1 thing in the hallway (which is enough to give me diabetes) that we seem to be getting at least once an episode now had such a fitting sound track.

I think i've gotten my head around Haruno's whole deal, honestly my opinion of her has fluctuated so much in the span of a season it's still hard for me to decide my final thoughts on her.

FEEL studios also pushing out those last 3-4 minute scenes of Hiratsuka sensai before the end xD
Oct 26, 2020 9:30 AM

Aug 2018
Well damn... insane episode!

I like how Hikigaya and Yui danced, I really want them to be together.

Nov 14, 2020 7:13 AM

May 2016
Not a bad episode but this season felt really cold to me.
Nov 17, 2020 4:11 PM
Sep 2020
I haven't read the LN so I can't speak much about the adaption failure. But according to what people are saying they cut off 90% of Yukino's dialogues, so it seems a bit unfair to me to make the fans forcefully feel sorry for Yui since the anime didn't show Hiki and Yukinon's romantic moments because that might make the anime fans prefer Yukino over Yui, but I'm hoping the next 2 episodes will be enough to show Yukino's true feelins. 4/5 for me.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » to end the debate

Ghost_Davo - Sep 25

26 by KuroNoLace »»
Sep 28, 11:53 AM

» Yukinoshita yukino in her tuxedo :may I have this dance?

zx1234yousif - Sep 10

8 by Merrycreeef346 »»
Sep 24, 5:15 PM

Poll: » Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Kan Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

cchigu - Aug 27, 2020

216 by Gerbian »»
Sep 1, 2:53 AM

Poll: » Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Kan Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

cchigu - Sep 17, 2020

423 by topfloorboss45 »»
Aug 13, 5:00 AM

Poll: » Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Kan Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

cchigu - Jul 30, 2020

284 by topfloorboss45 »»
Aug 10, 8:30 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.