Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
My Youth Romantic Comedy Is Wrong, As I Expected (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Jul 30, 2020 1:42 PM
May 2020
Another Oregairu episode, another day in my feels. Although, Hikki's excitement over the Maxis coffee vending machine added some lightheartedness to a somewhat heavy episode

Jul 30, 2020 1:53 PM
Review Moderator
Book Princess

Nov 2018
I feel that Haruno's accusation of codependency is pretty disingenuous. You spend your entire life as part of a family watching your little sister slowly being emotionally broken, even helping with the process with your constant sniping, and then you complain when she starts to rely on other people as she puts herself back together? I've always seen Haruno as a slimy type, and this doesn't improve my perception of her.

As for Yukinoshita's mother, she's not nearly so logical as she believes. There is absolutely no reason to give the opinion of the minority the same weight as the opinion of the majority. Of course, the opinion should be considered, but if the minority doesn't want something the majority wants and that thing isn't infringing on their rights, then they just have to deal with it. Protest by not participating instead of by sabotaging. Stop throwing around your wealth and influence as if they make you a better person.

Poor Yui. At least she got a nice date with Hikigaya before the piper called for his due.
Every day you can read a book or watch some anime is a good day!
Jul 30, 2020 1:54 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Everything is finished for Yui now I guess, she knows that she doesn't have any chance... but damn that was heartbreaking.
But that's not a good idea to kind of "date" 8man when she knows he doesn't love her.
Jul 30, 2020 1:59 PM

Apr 2019
Damn, they really like to show Yui being sad huh? Girl just can't catch a break. The Yui ED was pretty good, I shall now look forward to the Yukino ED.

Things should be interesting with Hachiman helping out despite Yukino's earlier protest, I'm sure she'll appreciates it but I feel that things their relationship will start to more rocky from here on cause of this.

Hachiman getting excited over the vending machine was pretty relatable tbh.
Jul 30, 2020 2:07 PM

Apr 2017
my tears won't stop...
Jul 30, 2020 2:14 PM

Jul 2019
Poor yui man
Huge feels
Jul 30, 2020 2:14 PM

Jul 2019
Poor yui man
Huge feels
Jul 30, 2020 2:48 PM
Mar 2015
Our boy is accused of codependency because of his need to save Yukino which prevents her from doing things on her own
Yui wants Hiki to herself but is unwilling to assert herself
As for the plot the LN is complete I only read through 12 so I do not know how it ends
Jul 30, 2020 2:49 PM

Apr 2015
Farabeuf said:

Hachiman blushes when any woman is within 50 cms of him.

Any woman but we can't forget about Totsuka here as well! Many say he's best girl...

Marinate1016 said:
Being a Yui stan is pain.

That’s really all I have to say on this episode. Sometimes I come in these threads and see mfs writing theses analysing the series and I feel like I’m not big brain enough to comprehend these subliminal messages and what not.

All I can comprehend is pain.

100 % Agreed! The final moments of this episode was so incredibly hard to watch being a Yui stan. I am honestly in a loss for words to see best girl lose :( so sad for Yui.
Jul 30, 2020 2:52 PM

Nov 2016
Yukino's mom such a tough nut to crack and a hot one at that. Still, I hate her type the most.

And ah Yui, her cheerfullness at the beginning of the episode made the tears of hers tougher to swallow. But then again, good riddance, now there's time for the more important stuff.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jul 30, 2020 3:03 PM

May 2020
Ashhk said:
Everything is finished for Yui now I guess, she knows that she doesn't have any chance... but damn that was heartbreaking.
But that's not a good idea to kind of "date" 8man when she knows he doesn't love her.

If only yui’s mother didnt call her when she's about to tell 8man prob her feelings to him
Jul 30, 2020 3:08 PM

Jun 2020
bruh, the feels this episode, on how Yui felt when she let hiki go help Yukinon. Cannot wait to see what this season has in store for us.

Jul 30, 2020 3:18 PM
Apr 2019
Look at Yukino, she was almost crying when she asked Hachiman to stay away from her. It hurts, when you see Yukino basically giving up on Hachiman to Yui and then Hachiman follows her not Yui. Haha feels like an endless spiral of suffering.
Jul 30, 2020 3:19 PM

Jun 2017
Poor Yui is the Subaru of the series at this point, always suffering. Hopefully she will get some proper resolution.

Looking forward to Haciman delivering on his promise.

And what the hell is up with sensei? She is only in her thirties so maybe she taught at that school for 10 years tops and now apparently she is leaving because she was there for too long? I am glad Hachiman called her out on some bullshit even if it was only in his inner thoughts.

cythraul said:
Damn, I really like how this season is exploring yui's feelings a bit but I really feel sad for her.

Yukino's mom is a bitch alright, I hope to see her act like a proper mom someday

This legit made me laugh.

Too self aware lol.

Stealth Hikki in action, he was aware of it all along!

Jul 30, 2020 3:22 PM

Feb 2020
loved the bit between hachiman and yui in the hallway. the way they stopped and yui blushed while fiddling with her bag. hachiman not knowing what to do in this type of situation. hachiman my guy, asking yui out to buy something for komachi mhm. hachiman impersonating komachi receiving a present she won't like though lmao.

every time i hear hachiman talk about his sisster it makes me feel so happy. he really cares about her and isn't that typical guy in anime with this personality who hates the whole of society. hachiman getting over coffee cans over everything and the 'yay.' i'm glad yukino i taking action against her mum. but, what haruno said about the three's relationship though sjsj.

i love yui so much. she's the cutest. when she started crying?? she's so selfless but at the same time like anyone else also wants her desires to be met. the last line saying she wished she never stopped crying hurt.

Jul 30, 2020 3:30 PM
Sep 2019
Do you feel the pain? It's growing stronger. Today is a sad day. As much as I want every character to be happy, I know that that's impossible. Yui's regret of having stopped her tears because otherwise, Hachiman wouldn't have gone to Yukinon was the saddest part. Regret is one of the worst feelings one can feel, and I imagine in love that'd be one of the most hurting cases to feel it. As much as Yui enabled Hachiman, she loved him and doesn't deserve this. Hachiman is aware of the situation and should now end this once and for all by telling them clearly how he feels instead of hiding behind this, as they call it in the series, Onii-chan complex.
Jul 30, 2020 3:32 PM
Nov 2019
Both of the girls cried in one episode,
Seems like some intense drama is coming.
Jul 30, 2020 3:34 PM
Demon of Hatred

Feb 2015
Confucius said:
Someone explain to me why Haruno was even in that meeting. She isn't part of the council nor the school board, she's just alumni.
She just tagged along with her mother knowing that Yukino was the one behind this Prom stuff. Maybe her mother allowed that because Haruno is going to be the one taking over her father's role, and this would be a good experience.
"Life is too bitter, so coffee, at least should be sweet..." - Hikigaya Hachiman (Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Come wa Machigatte Iru)
Jul 30, 2020 3:39 PM
Jul 2020
gaussian_ said:

As for Yukinoshita's mother, she's not nearly so logical as she believes. There is absolutely no reason to give the opinion of the minority the same weight as the opinion of the majority. Of course, the opinion should be considered, but if the minority doesn't want something the majority wants and that thing isn't infringing on their rights, then they just have to deal with it. Protest by not participating instead of by sabotaging. Stop throwing around your wealth and influence as if they make you a better person.

I don't believe Mrs Yukinoshita here was trying to be logical. It seems more like she's telling them in an indirect way they can't host the prom party simply because she and her husband's acquaintances said so. Of course, she can't be blunt about her words. She still wants to maintain her polite facade to look good in front of others.

And like it or not, hierarchy does play a part here, I'm afraid. The school won't risk upsetting a bunch of rich parents who could easily ruin them. It sucks but that's reality.

Jul 30, 2020 3:42 PM
Jan 2019
ShiroHachi said:
I am disappointed with this adaptation. Does studio Feel hates Yukino for some reason? How can the audience guess Hachiman's feelings now. They skipped Hachiman monologue about codependency is not feeling. They skipped Hachiman monologue about losing his bullshit reason. Good job Feel in misleading the audience, Hachiman looks like interested in Yui in the anime because he is always blushing in the anime

Does the novel differ that much?
Jul 30, 2020 3:49 PM
Review Moderator
Book Princess

Nov 2018
Sena001 said:
I don't believe Mrs Yukinoshita here was trying to be logical. It seems more like she's telling them in an indirect way they can't host the prom party simply because she and her husband's acquaintances said so. Of course, she can't be blunt about her words. She still wants to maintain her polite facade to look good in front of others.

And like it or not, hierarchy does play a part here, I'm afraid. The school won't risk upsetting a bunch of rich parents who could easily ruin them. It sucks but that's reality.

The logical statement was probably attributed incorrectly; I think Hachiman was actually the one to say something to that effect in the episode. Your analysis of Yukinoshita's mother is definitely more cogent.

It's certainly true that wealth plays a big role here, especially since the school is a private school (I assume.) Still, I reserve my right to complain about it!
Every day you can read a book or watch some anime is a good day!
Jul 30, 2020 3:52 PM

Nov 2017
omg yui! thats depressing!!

plz @ me
Jul 30, 2020 4:00 PM
Oct 2015
Hachiman's monologue from the LN about the reason he helped Yukino, if you guys want to know his feeling.
ShiroHachiJul 30, 2020 4:25 PM
Jul 30, 2020 4:08 PM

Sep 2019
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

I don't even fucking like Yui that much, but FUck. this was just a shitty way to do her. Why can't we jsut let everyone be happy. SHiT, another 7 days of waiting. Hopefully we can keep up the good shit that's been coming for the rest of the season.
Jul 30, 2020 4:14 PM

Mar 2016
I don't really have an issue with who ends up with Hachiman as this show is much more complex and deep than your everyday slice of life. However, I prefer Yui a tad bit over Yukino. Watching her cry like that just hurt. On another note, the prom war begins🔥
Jul 30, 2020 4:16 PM

Jul 2020
ShiroHachi said:
I am disappointed with this adaptation. Does studio Feel hates Yukino for some reason? How can the audience guess Hachiman's feelings now. They skipped Hachiman monologue about codependency is not feeling. They skipped Hachiman monologue about losing his bullshit reason. Good job Feel in misleading the audience, Hachiman looks like interested in Yui in the anime because he is always blushing in the anime

I would save your ammunition til the next two episodes, they(Feel)have a habit of rehashing old scenes when they become more relevant or at a climax... so don't go crazy yet, but as reader as well, it was somewhat disappointing and misleading how he states that codependency is not what is happening and it something completely different

Cheers mate
Jul 30, 2020 4:23 PM
Oct 2015
FR0GMAN said:
ShiroHachi said:

I would save your ammunition til the next two episodes, they(Feel)have a habit of rehashing old scenes when they become more relevant or at a climax... so don't go crazy yet, but as reader as well, it was somewhat disappointing and misleading how he states that codependency is not what is happening and it something completely different

Cheers mate
let's hope you're right mate
Jul 30, 2020 4:54 PM
Feb 2020
In this chapter I think I already take for granted the feelings that 8man glimpsed in chapters or past seasons, that ending I think really left me speechless, Yui you are just an F ... YukinoX8man!
Feb 2020
In this chapter I think I already take for granted the feelings that 8man glimpsed in chapters or past seasons, that ending I think really left me speechless, Yui you are just an F ... YukinoX8man!

May 2020
Aaaaaaaa Yuiiii :(( this is so sad for her. She'll forcefully accept the fact that she can't be with Hikigaya :<
Jul 30, 2020 5:19 PM

Mar 2016
Even if my ship is sinking, I stand for my girl Yui
No tomo malas decisiones, solo me gusta apoyar causas perdidas.
Disfruté Mayoiga, Ou-sama Game, Evil or Live, Mirai Nikki, Big Order, Arifureta, Ex-Arm, Tesla Note, Shuumatsu no Harem y Platinum End
nope les falle con esa, lo siento pero todos tenemos nuestros límites.
Así de jodido es mi gusto en anime, ¡Y estoy pinche orgulloso de ello!

Jul 30, 2020 5:21 PM

Jul 2020
Even if I read the novels damn this episode hits hard af. I feel so bad for the Yui stans but yeah all I can say about this episode is PAIN.

This episode is very important imo. Yui's vent up feelings literally explodes and we see how much Hikigaya really cares about Yukino.

5/5 episode, really well executed.

I accept random friend requests!
Jul 30, 2020 5:28 PM

Jul 2020
ShiroHachi said:

“It’s because, I made a promise once, that I would help her one day.”
To say that I would help her, and using that reason so casually as if doing it because she asked me to. That excuse in the form of a cliché was totally irrational and boring, and it made me feel incredibly disgusting.
“That’s fine… I’ll make some time, so come immediately.”

Yep. This is very important monologue that was skipped from the anime but yeah I hope people realize that 8man is just using that as an excuse.

P.S. I removed the spoiler tag cause I think this is important for anime only's.

I accept random friend requests!
Jul 30, 2020 5:30 PM
Jan 2018
Ok the next eps will be" declaration of war between 8man and Yukino" cant wait
Jul 30, 2020 5:35 PM

Oct 2017
5/5 episode :) Yui's part at the end hit hard ;-;

Annoying thing was that studio Feel didn't include Hachiman's codependency monologue :(
Hikki_a1Jul 30, 2020 5:43 PM
Jul 30, 2020 5:40 PM

Jan 2018
Even though Haruno said their relationship was codependency, Hachiman was not wrong that it was a love triangle.

I root for Yukino, but I feel pity for Yuigahama. She was selfish from the very beginning but you can't deny the fact that the Service Club won't be better without her. Right in the feels, man.

Solid episode, can't wait for more.

Side note: Hachiman taking pics with that vending machine was so cute. Like, taking a picture with your idol or somethin imo.
Jul 30, 2020 5:43 PM

Dec 2019
The scene with the coffe machine was really cute <3 I thinnk i dislike Haruno more everythime she appears
Jul 30, 2020 5:52 PM
Jun 2019
what a painful paninful season for the yui stan, this episode is like a sledgehammer, tearing everything apart T-T

I can't say I'm not prepared for this, but it really hurts, this for sure will break the relationships of the three..
Jul 30, 2020 5:59 PM

Aug 2018
Damn were at only ep 4 and its already full of tears and sadness.

Somehow i didnt understand some of their conversation xD

This is kind of anime that you need to rewatch to get the point of the characters

I sense Yukino will fall apart in the middle of this

great episode!
5/5

Edit: I'm Yukino shipper but Yui needs to fight if she really likes 8man lol
I mean aside from us no one knows in anime who 8man really likes or im missin someting i dont get it why yui easily gave up
SOP-IIJul 30, 2020 7:07 PM
B O C C H I  S W E E P
Jul 30, 2020 6:06 PM

Feb 2012
Oh god I feel so bad for yui. She’s really trying her hardest..honestly they should just have a throple so everyone can be happy T_T
Jul 30, 2020 6:26 PM
Jul 2020
ShiroHachi said:
can u please post the skipped monologue?
Jul 30, 2020 6:30 PM
Jul 2020
Can anyone post the missing monologue please
Jul 30, 2020 6:35 PM

Nov 2011
This was arguably the best episode of the series so far. Granted I think s2 ep 8 was the best but this...god damn there was so much going on in this episode that made is basically a perfect episode.

We actually got to see Yukino showing some sort of Fire and Passion in this episode when they were all talking with her mother. I ever seen her get like that before it was actually awesome.

Then Haruno...Jesus I dislike her so much but I know she is doing it out of love for her Sister to be somewhat independent. Even Hiratsuka is okay with what Haruna is doing. Although I hate how she told Hikki their relationship is "Codependency" NO ITS CALLED FUCKING FRIENDSHIP! (And possibly Love XD)

Hikigaya's love for Coffee was funny.

But Damn man when he hit Sensei with that "I promised to Save her one day" quote. I fucking jumped right out of my seat and started clapping. Such a good moment.

While I love Yukino and I love Yukino x 8Man, My heart fucking Aches for Yui. Holy shit the development they have for her right now and Hikki is so good it hurts. Them just hanging out was a really good moments. When Yui patted the bed/couch and they just talked was really a great scene.

Fuck even talking about it now I am still so excited at how amazing this episode was.

The animation is feel gets better each and every week!
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Jul 30, 2020 6:36 PM

Mar 2012
What an episode, from the beginning to the end.
A first part very light and a second part heavy with a final stab.
I'm on Yukino boat but i feel sorry for Yui, her suffering really hit right in the feels...

Anyone have the Monologue of Hachiman about the codependency?
Jul 30, 2020 6:40 PM
Demon of Hatred

Feb 2015
Mirko94 said:
What an episode, from the beginning to the end.
A first part very light and a second part heavy with a final stab.
I'm on Yukino boat but i feel sorry for Yui, her suffering really hit right in the feels...

Anyone have the Monologue of Hachiman about the codependency?
XDuRtrash said:
Can anyone post the missing monologue please

Refer to reply #77.

"Life is too bitter, so coffee, at least should be sweet..." - Hikigaya Hachiman (Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Come wa Machigatte Iru)
Jul 30, 2020 7:01 PM
Dec 2018

that helped me to understand more.
Thanks for that.
I think you also posted yui's monologue in 2nd episode's discussion ( After reading it and from today's episode I felt more sad....😭)

The character that I most don't understand in oregairu is Haruno.

I mean what is her goal from what I have seen in anime (not read novel) when she talks about 'the club' being boring and fake or whenever she talks about yukino or club in previous season ,she appeares to me as she is just enjoying the situation of the trio and making fun of.
But when she is alone with 8man ,she seems different (her teasing him apart though) and now in this season when yukino talks to her and she said she would help her and then in this episode she suddenly appears with her mom and saying others not to help her.
And then whenever she talks to 8man ,she drops nukes after nukes like about acting like oniichan then he can't get drunk and in this episode about codependency.( sometime she has the face as she is worried about yukino to become independent/Adult)

I had tears while watching yui's monologue and her crying even then I watched that part second time while crying. Aaaaaaaaaaaa what is wrong with me.
Jul 30, 2020 7:12 PM
Aug 2014
I'm super sad for Yui, she makes this series a whole lot better. It's sad for me to see a cheerful Yui of the first season, as the series goes on, become struggling and sad like this. This might really be the end for her, I mean Yukino's personality with Hachiman is too similar, a brighter personality like Yui suits him more, but that is my opinion (as someone with more or less similar personality with 8man, I think I know what I'm talking).
Jul 30, 2020 7:16 PM
Jun 2017
10/10 for this weeks episode of Oregairu...

there are so many happenings in just one episode:

- Yukinon's mon etc is against Iroha's and Yukinon's plan for prom. From that part you could see that Yukinon can make an argument against her mom. it is way true that those on social media have no problem with it, in fact they are so excited about it but some of alumni plus other critics have their own say regarding the said prom.
and because of them, the prom will be cancelled? (lets find out in next weeks episode)

- codependence - the relationship between the trio gang.. some are viewing that their relationship is like that as they are usually as a team when they are dealing with some problems that they encounter.

- yui x hachiman- they have some moments-- from that vendo machine (which is a cute one), and they even plan of baking for hachiman's sister, but well not all things do end very well, as Yui suddenly cried when hachiman said his reason for helping Yukinon (I want to SAVE her...)... and from there yukinon have another monologue...

lets see what will happen in next episode...
Jul 30, 2020 7:16 PM
Jun 2017
10/10 for this weeks episode of Oregairu...

there are so many happenings in just one episode:

- Yukinon's mon etc is against Iroha's and Yukinon's plan for prom. From that part you could see that Yukinon can make an argument against her mom. it is way true that those on social media have no problem with it, in fact they are so excited about it but some of alumni plus other critics have their own say regarding the said prom.
and because of them, the prom will be cancelled? (lets find out in next weeks episode)

- codependence - the relationship between the trio gang.. some are viewing that their relationship is like that as they are usually as a team when they are dealing with some problems that they encounter.

- yui x hachiman- they have some moments-- from that vendo machine (which is a cute one), and they even plan of baking for hachiman's sister, but well not all things do end very well, as Yui suddenly cried when hachiman said his reason for helping Yukinon (I want to SAVE her...)... and from there yukinon have another monologue...

lets see what will happen in next episode...
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Kan Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

cchigu - Aug 20, 2020

244 by ViSpace »»
Yesterday, 9:18 PM

» Hachiman ended up with (Spoilers) right ❓❓❓

neel_senpai - May 30

11 by taiseiyosankai »»
Yesterday, 8:16 AM

Poll: » Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Kan Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

cchigu - Aug 13, 2020

190 by ViSpace »»
Yesterday, 1:54 AM

Poll: » Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Kan Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

cchigu - Aug 6, 2020

133 by ViSpace »»
Yesterday, 1:26 AM

Poll: » Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Kan Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

cchigu - Jul 23, 2020

146 by ViSpace »»
Jun 1, 6:20 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.