Forum Settings
Forums

Do you hate people who hate your favorite anime?

New
Pages (10) « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 9 » ... Last »
Nov 18, 2018 6:23 PM
Sep 2018
I don't care if a person hates my favorite type of anime. I just keep an open mind that not everyone agrees with the same kind of anime. "Hate" is definitely a strong word, but to avoid that just don't associate with those who don't have the same taste and move on with life.
Nov 18, 2018 6:31 PM

Oct 2013
I'm not going to hide around the bushes or sugar coat it like some persons here, I hate, no despise some of the persons that hate my favorite anime. Don't get me wrong, it doesn't mean I hate everyone that dislike snk, I'm talking about people that go above and beyond to talk badly of my favorite series to the point where they are trashing on your very intelligent, yes its personal.
Nov 18, 2018 7:10 PM

Jul 2007
Honestly yeah, and same with my favorite characters. But now I most often just try to ignore haters as I know it isn't worth giving them attention and I'm an emotional person.

I have been vocal about anime I dislike too so it's a two way road. I rationalize it when someone hates one of my favorite anime in that their tastes just happen to be the opposite of mine and are incompatible, and that's fine.

Though it can still be pretty annoying when someone is overly aggressive with their hatred of a show. Like when a user on this forum has "X anime is trash!!!" in their sig. They are mostly likely a petty pathetic individual who just wants attention by triggering responses by hating a highly regarded popular anime. The best way is to ignore them.
☆☆☆
"There's a huge difference between one and infinity.
However, compared to the difference between
existence and non-existence, one and infinite are
nearly the same. I am the child destined to become
the best witch... no... The greatest Creator in the world...!"
-Maria Ushiromiya
☆☆☆

Nov 18, 2018 7:52 PM

Aug 2012
Nah. But that´s a pity they aren´t men of culture :/
"Could you not talk with me? I'm busy breathing."
Nov 18, 2018 8:00 PM

Jun 2015
Nah, it makes things interesting and I always want to see why do thry hate it. Otherwise, I just get a bit sad that they may miss out on something.
Nov 20, 2018 7:05 AM
Oct 2017
Nice replies. Good to see the replies still coming.
Nov 20, 2018 7:45 AM

Apr 2018
People can hate my favorite anime, just so long as they don't harass me about it then it's fine. I've been lucky enough to have never experienced that, so yay.

Nov 20, 2018 8:39 AM

Feb 2016
Yes, if you don't like what i like then you're automatically shit
Nov 20, 2018 8:43 AM
Sep 2018
assyrian said:
yes i hate people who hate naruto bleach and or one piece

i hate people who like naruto and boruto
Nov 20, 2018 9:28 AM

Nov 2018
@FbK536

Yeah, pretty much that; in your case though. In my case, I have this one friend who always said to me that he'll watch it whenever I recommend one but always words and not actions in the end. Not just anime, I got mad at him for once when he actually invites me to play WoW once, he was really enthusiastic about it, kept marketing it to me I thought it should be fine, so we bought the game. But then he suddenly got busy for some months and later he said he stopped. I was actually waiting for him, played for months and paid for subs too...just for that.

I understand how you feel. Thankfully I concluded it after for a month getting mad at his actions by "yeah, that's just how he is I guess" and didn't bother recommending or listen to him marketing anymore. We're still good friends.

Got to observe your friends is my recommendation, even if you didn't ask for one lol.
Apr 29, 2020 10:35 AM
May 2019
No I won't hate them if they disliked my favourite anime, I would listen if they explain it well, I might disagree with them but I will respect their opinion as long as they doesn't start acting like Anime Elitist and keep calling it shit, trash and garbage and look down on me and thinks I have shitty taste, Because I don't like rude, judgemental assholes with superiority complex
Apr 29, 2020 10:39 AM

Aug 2018
Anyone who goes out of their way to hate on Clannad is not a good person
Apr 29, 2020 12:31 PM

Feb 2010
I feel like that's just validating them. That's what they want. I'd rather ignore them and deny them the attention they are seeking.
I probably regret this post by now.
Apr 29, 2020 12:36 PM
Nov 2016
I do not hate a person whose interest doesn't match mine. But yes, I wouldn't take their recommendations seriously 'cause if our interests do not match,Of course I'm not gonna like what he tells me to watch
Apr 29, 2020 12:40 PM
Jul 2018
It depends on their behavior.
My friends also don't share every of mine favorite anime with me, but you know, part of becoming an adult is accepting different opinions as long as they aren't inhumane etc.
We share some we like and disagree on others.

I dislike people for being pretentious assholes towards me or in general, but then again: then they are not only pretentious assholes, when it comes to anime.
I'm too lazy to actually hate them tho, not worth the effort and it's drama queen-attitude to actually hate people just because they aren't likeable. True hate towards a person is something very different. lol

Tho I also think people, who leave their friends for having different opinions on these little disagreements like media, are quite delusional and also shallow. If you are ending a friendship or relationship because of that, you don't care about people and only want them near you to get attention and someone, who agrees with you on literally everything, not for their sake.
removed-userApr 29, 2020 12:48 PM
Apr 29, 2020 12:46 PM

Dec 2008
Na don't hate based on that but we probably won't be friends.
Apr 29, 2020 12:55 PM
Aug 2019
I don't hate them but every time they trash talk my fav anime I will bring up their favorite anime and call it trash. Yeah I'm that type of person
Apr 29, 2020 1:00 PM
Jul 2018
Don't mind because vice versa and i personally respects other's opinion.
Apr 29, 2020 1:41 PM
Fuwa_san

Mar 2013
Don't recommend irl friend your anime. You don't know what genre they interested in.
Apr 29, 2020 1:46 PM
Jul 2018
People can hate whatever the fuck they want lol
Apr 29, 2020 1:48 PM

Jul 2019
Nope, I just feel sorry for them. Most people never give LOGH or Ginatama a chance to shine.
NikiforovaApr 29, 2020 1:58 PM
Apr 29, 2020 2:14 PM

Dec 2016
Yes, I wish them the most painful death for hating on my fav chinese toon
May 4, 2020 3:19 AM
Aug 2019
No, I don't, but I ask myself, how can someone hate this masterpiece?
May 4, 2020 3:23 AM

Nov 2019
why would i hate people that hate trash lmao
sneed's feed and seed
formerly chuck's
May 4, 2020 3:25 AM
Aug 2018
I don't really care. People have different tastes and it's alright to hate anime.
May 4, 2020 3:44 AM
Jul 2018
Of course, your story sounds disappointing and I feel bad for you.
But I remember that I once hated anime for basically no reason, I was bored by my friend who was talking to me about fma. She would go on and on and was very passionate about it, but it sounded weird to me as a layman.

I rarely talk about anime with people who don't mention it themselves. Fortunately, a lot of them did, even the ones I wasn't expecting at all.
I think that anime certainly became more popular in the last few years. It is not a small community anymore and not only your typical 'nerds', a lot of Celebrities watch it too and contributed to this development.
I don't think I would be mad at someone for not liking (hate is a bit strong) my favourite anime, but would encourage the Person to at least give it a try before judging it.
May 4, 2020 3:46 AM

Aug 2012
Everyone has different taste, so no I don't hate them. I just think they have sh*t taste. :D
May 4, 2020 6:19 AM

Nov 2018
As long as they dont personally inslut me then sure go ahead, if you dont like it then you dont like it.
May 4, 2020 6:28 AM

Oct 2019
I don't care about people not even my close friends hating my favourite anime. I know that person's taste is dissimilar to mine but still I will talk to them if I feel like to or not and if the opposite person knows me then it's even more easy.
If he likes trash then it's other story-'He is Trash'

May 4, 2020 10:27 AM

Mar 2016
Well, I certainly wouldn't Hate anyone for that. But, I think anyone who goes all-out, raging against (any) anime they dislike, is not the type of person I'm interested in being friends with. It shows a lack of maturity. I prefer to be friends with people who can be mature and state their preferences in a calm way. If they dislike an anime I like, so what? We can't all like the same things.

otakode said:
I disagree with what you say but I will defend to the death your right to say it... unless you talk shit about Serial Experiments Lain.

Serial Experiments Lain isn't even worth talking shit over.
Kidding...kind of ;)
KiyomiceMay 4, 2020 10:31 AM
"Wonder is always difficult until you forgive whoever destroyed your love of surprises"  Edmond Manning

May 4, 2020 10:33 AM
Jul 2018
No, I'm not smooth-brained. I can't understand why that alone would be a reason to hate someone.
May 4, 2020 10:36 AM
Mar 2019
FbK536 said:
If you recommend someone an anime like, let’s say, death note, steins gate or hajime no ippo, and they watch it all and start to talk hate about everything and every character. Or let’s say some random person talks to you about anime and they start hating on it really bad. You stop talking to him or what?

Edit: My Story: Lemme tell you what it actually feels like to me.

I love an anime called Gintama. I knew my friends wouldn’t like it. I wanted to discuss it with them really badly about the stuff and laugh together. One day, we were discussing favorite animes. I told my friend about Gintama. He told me he’ll watch it. He told me about his anime and i watched his anime as well. I was so happy. I imagined that we would laugh together and talk about Gintama This happened years ago by the way. He watched three or four episodes and we talked about it. Talked about the fun things. And then he just dropped it. We didn’t talk about it for a while. He told me that he is bored and that we should go out at some malls. I told him to watch Gintama if he’s bored. And then he made that weird face. That face with one eye half closed. Try doing it. That face is so disgusting. I hope you’ll understand. And he said ‘yeah, there’s that but...’ and my other friend came in and conversation stopped. What pissed me off was that i watched his favorite anime when he didn’t watch my anime. And i don’t even bring it up. Why? Because i can’t bear him saying that he hates it. It’s so much worse when it is told to you in person face to face. It’s not childish. I felt crushed. I was pretty excited about watching this anime with them and sharing those great moments. They all shattered. Thanks for anyone listening to my story.
-Fruits Punch Samurai
i have a lot of friends who hates on animes i recommend to them ,but it doesnt affect our friendship that much , true a lot times we get into heated arguments , buti enjoy discussions about pros and cons of different animes .
May 4, 2020 10:37 AM

Jan 2020
No, I don't. Why would I hate someone just because their preference is different than mine? People can like and dislike whatever they want as long as it isn't harmful to others.
May 4, 2020 10:38 AM

Dec 2008
I wish that anyone hates ONE PIECE ****. OK? I hate who hates ONE PIECE. You hate my favorite manga, anime and characters, I’ll hate you back. I’m dead serious. This is no joke. I even if I met you in person, I wanna kill you. I declare war on haters of my favorites. Fight me, you all!

You all have shitty tastes!
May 4, 2020 10:42 AM
Dec 2018
Everyone in my group of friends have different tastes when it comes to anime, there are stuff they love but I hate and the opposite. It's not a problem, we just use to taunt each other trash talking our favorite anime.
May 4, 2020 10:50 AM
Aug 2019
No It doesn’t matter to me. That’s just they’re opinion.
May 4, 2020 10:57 AM
Mar 2020
dont really have any widely know and praised anime in my favourites, so hating seems unlikely.
May 4, 2020 10:57 AM
Jul 2018
That doesn't seem like it would be enough of a reason to hate anyone, at least not for me anyway. As long as they aren't insulting the viewers just because they don't like the show, I don't see a problem with it.
May 4, 2020 11:01 AM

Feb 2020
My favorite anime of all time is Fullmetal Alchemist (2003). If I held a grudge against everyone who dislikes that show I would never be happy.

It just seems like a petty reason to hate someone.
May 4, 2020 11:04 AM

Aug 2009
no because i know they have something wrong mentally and i don't want to bully retarded kids
May 4, 2020 1:25 PM

Jul 2019
No, why would I? It's their opinion and I respect that.
May 4, 2020 2:12 PM

Sep 2008
honest answer, I pity them. it's their loss. but I feel way more sad for those who say anime is shit. that just proves they never watched anything of real value.
馬鹿げた倫理 全部ガラクタで
May 4, 2020 2:15 PM

Jul 2019
I don't hate anyone but I will dislike you when you completely dismiss a show based on wrong reasoning or narrowmindedness instead of just saying it isn't your kind of show or that it doesn't sound interesting.
I'm looking for recommendations, always. Please message me if you have any really good (maybe relatively unknown) anime for me!
May 4, 2020 2:21 PM
Mar 2019
Why would i hate someone with worse taste than me? I only pity them
May 4, 2020 4:16 PM

Jan 2020
If I were to hate every person who hates my favorites animes...

May 4, 2020 4:35 PM

Jul 2013
Nah. Most of the stuff I like is kinda weird.

If they state their opinion like it's a fact, I'll think they're hella immature. (Excluding when we're trash-talking for fun.)

And it's disappointing when you recommend something you love to someone you know irl, then they hate on it. It's happened to me a few times, but not with anime.
May 4, 2020 4:39 PM

Oct 2015
Yes but I hate people who love my favs too. I just hate people really.
May 4, 2020 4:43 PM
Jul 2018
No, unless they’re being obnoxious about it since I’m not interested in being friends with people like that in general tbh.
May 4, 2020 4:44 PM

Jun 2013
I wouldn't hate them per se... I just probably wouldn't talk about anime or those topics with them. Everyone has their own opinions. If someone started hating on something that they know that you love... then that would frustrate me a little bit. I don't hate people just for that though haha.
dear me
May 4, 2020 4:45 PM

Jul 2019
i don’t give a fu*k what other people think about my favourite,anime so i can’t hate them.I respect we have different opinions and i am willing to listen/read their reasons.
Pages (10) « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 9 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Will we ever get a VA as good as Hirano Aya?

Catalano - Jun 23

24 by Zarutaku »»
4 minutes ago

» Other than Toonami/CN/Adult Swim, what other blocks aired anime on American television?

funtime43_tr - 2 hours ago

3 by traed »»
17 minutes ago

» If the roles were switched in Chainsaw Man

Kenzolo-folk - Jun 21

17 by alshu »»
18 minutes ago

» Do you think Anime based on LNs should always get a 24 episode season?

Tsubaki5386 - 8 hours ago

15 by Nirinbo »»
21 minutes ago

» Looks like mecha anime's are dead. RIP, giant robots. ( 1 2 3 )

Gashadokur0 - Jun 23

114 by alshu »»
27 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.