Forum Settings
Forums

Other than Toonami/CN/Adult Swim, what other blocks aired anime on American television?

New
Jun 24, 10:36 PM
Apr 2022
Cartoon Network is the most viewed channel for watching anime on Television for American viewers thanks to the help of the Toonami and Adult Swim blocks. Because of Cartoon Network, anime became mainstream in America in the late 90s to today. But other than CN, I want to know what other blocks aired anime on US television.
Jun 24, 11:13 PM

Jun 2017
It had multiple names but Kids WB, the Fox Box and Toonzai all aired 4kids series on the CW channel.

G4 Tech TV had an anime block

Sci-Fi used to play anime movies like Akira and Ghost in the Shell

Chiller had a very very short lived "Anime wednesdays" with Is This A Zombie, Tokyo Majin, Black Blood Brothers and Devil May Cry.

Disney currently airs Beyblade and Yugioh Sevens
My waifu is the most wonderful waifu. Mai Valentine.
Jun 24, 11:22 PM

Mar 2021
There was an entire network simply dedicated to Anime called "Anime Network" on channel 1801 for me at the time and was usually available through satellite TV during the early 2000s. They continued airing Anime 24/7 on a full TV broadcasting schedule till 2008 (to be honest they didn't always just exclusively air Japanese Anime they had a mix of western cartoons in their broadcasting schedule too). It was suppose to be North Americas equivalent to Animax. Though unlike Anime Network, Animax actually only aired strictly just Japanese Anime.
ColourWheelJun 24, 11:32 PM
Jun 25, 12:20 AM

Mar 2008
The local channels many aired anime usually along side Western cartoons but in some very region specific locations had more anime. These usually had many of the same shows before Cartoon Network got them from what i can find.

MTV at one point may have attempted an anime block but it never took off so it only had Heat Guy J and not an anime but Aeon Flux. I guess it didnt pan out well.

SyFy (back then SciFi) had some anime blocks at different points in time. I think they tried this repeatedly.

G4 (previously TechTV) had an anime block.

Viceland (later just Vice) for whatever reason aired Marvel related anime and that alone.

More topics from this board

» Anyone got turned off by the Big 3?

Zircon45 - Jun 25

48 by JoeChip »»
6 minutes ago

» How would you describe the Mary Sue characters and how would you like them?

RobertBobert - 4 hours ago

7 by Shizuna »»
20 minutes ago

» Anime carried by Animation ( 1 2 )

ST63LTH - Jun 25

84 by Meeperso »»
21 minutes ago

» What is your Fav anime songs ?

Henrique-Senpai - 45 minutes ago

5 by pk8list »»
22 minutes ago

Poll: » Have you ever felt disappointed by a series thinking it was tagged incorrectly?

rohan121 - Apr 7

46 by rohan121 »»
31 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.