Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Mar 22, 2020 10:48 AM

May 2009
Extremely satisfying last episode due to murdering these assholes. Not great show but also not as bad as top reviews and circlejerk of haters say.
6/10
Mar 22, 2020 11:39 AM

Aug 2015
At first this show entertained me, but in the last 3 or 4 chapters the plot armor of the main characters and the bad writing became very annoying and evident, even the animation got worse. 3/10
Mar 22, 2020 2:29 PM

May 2018
A very fun series to watch, even though the actual content is questionable
Mar 22, 2020 2:36 PM

Nov 2013
LOL when he started screaming in pain i finally realized his VA is the same as mr "my brain is trembling" =D
fav "new" girls from spring <3 ... click sig for older seasons and more possible picks
Mar 22, 2020 3:13 PM

Jul 2012
Mostly watched it because it was entertaining and I could turn off my brain while watching. Was NOT disappointed. It was a fun anime.

5/10
Mar 22, 2020 3:47 PM

Jan 2014
Not gonna lie the anime is decent, but this episode was good, I would probably give it a 7, but I have a positive bias towards anime/manga that are impacted with a hate bandwagon so I ended up give it a 8.
Mar 22, 2020 6:30 PM
GetsugaTENSHO

Jul 2012
WHAT AN AMAZING RIDE !!!! The last episode makes it all worth it !!!!!!
張大です for 張大勇督察
Mar 22, 2020 9:21 PM

Feb 2014
Impressive... average score 7.5? wow, I guess adding gore whatsoever is enough to make many give high score to animes.

5/10
Mar 22, 2020 10:44 PM
Mar 2020
Damn awesome broo
Mar 23, 2020 2:50 AM

Apr 2015
Distinctly average.

Never tried to convey any artistic integrity.
The block transportation death scenes were good, they provided some necessary tension and helped with the atmosphere in the early episodes. Its effect wore out though, and outside of that the show just never strayed from the ordinary in every bloody department and it took its toll. I just can't fathom why artists making art would try to make art so devoid of character and creativity.

Was still entertaining at some points, and it didn't have any fatal flaws, so I'll give a generous 5/10.
Mar 23, 2020 9:26 AM

Oct 2018
can anyone easily explain what was the reward the admin gave kaname?
“You can always die. It's living that takes real courage." - Himura Kenshin”

Mar 23, 2020 1:55 PM
Mar 2011
emraanash said:
I think it's open ended, which means, it ended without explaining lots of things. So that the viewer can use the imagination to fill the parts.
Mar 23, 2020 5:40 PM

Oct 2018
naens said:
emraanash said:
I think it's open ended, which means, it ended without explaining lots of things. So that the viewer can use the imagination to fill the parts.

no it was poker thing, high roller.. I just don't understand the term.

Mar 23, 2020 6:50 PM

Oct 2019
First of all, I want to say the series in general was actually not that bad. But okay, well here is my take on JUST the episode. It was shit. The ending ruined it for me and the way they wanted to end it was a bit unsatisfying. Sure, Wang was the "end game" boss of Darwin's Game, but the revenge plot was a bit corny for me. This applies to other revenge plots like Shield Hero where the MC finally gets revenge on the "baddest bad guy" and smashes him with an epic showdown, and thats exactly what DG did. Lets not forget by the way that speedy boy was in a 1v1 against another martial artist and they decided to end his fight with him just getting deleted by the game cause their clan lost which doesn't make sense since thats not what happened after they 1v1 clan fought the #1 DG player. After killing the bad guy, they formed their clan and took over the territories and it was a happy ending that even the MC was unsatisfied with, and it was of course a cliff hanger. They had to add some random character at the last few minutes of the show and now I have to read the manga. Thanks a lot. Speaking of the manga, I saw the weird art piece they added into the DG anime that looked like a photo of Kanames clan but the art style was a bit different cause the characters had different faces. I think that was the original style from the manga or something but I like the fact that they did that. Still baffles me how different they may have looked if they went for the original style. Again, speaking of style.. the animation was a bit clunky sometimes. When Wang was getting beat the living crap out of him by Shuka, the floor was moving at a different angle than the characters and it ruined my sense of immersion. I feel like I ranted a lot but it was literally only this specific episode I hated the most, the rest of the anime was very tense and action packed and I really did love it a lot. I wish we had more character development with most of the characters, ESPECIALLY the MC since we barely knew much about his family or friends. I completely forgot about the guy who was the MC's friend by the way until he started having flashbacks. Maybe if we had more development on him too we would have felt a bit more sad about his death, but he was a literal "who" character so I didn't really care. On the other hand, the Florist's death was pretty sad and was an actual good death scene since we knew him more and went into his background. I dunno, I rambled so much this might as well turn into a review but w/e.
Mar 23, 2020 7:25 PM

Jan 2011
hmm you know this wasn't the worst it was pretty silly death game like future diary and it's been a long time since i watched that so no idea besides the MC not being complete shit which is better , was enjoying this show as the clan got bigger and their goals of not killing but trying to put a end to the D -game but this final arc as character growth was like fuck that let's just embrace the Edge.

D game at it's best was when it got a way from mass killing so this turn in the end put a huge damper in this for me....also didn't help this looked like shit most of the time and Kaname's design is the most basic ass thing you would think with his "badass" mode he'd look the part all they did was just wear black lol

even with them being super strong i don't think this plan of trying to be a deterrent to the D game will last very long but who knows
6.5/10
Mar 24, 2020 12:11 AM

Aug 2018
this anime was a-okay show and
The story didn't make any sense,
and all the characters are weak but it was good
overall 5/10
Mar 24, 2020 5:39 AM

May 2009
Vi- said:
Impressive... average score 7.5? wow, I guess adding gore whatsoever is enough to make many give high score to animes.

Basement cuck shilled it in his latest video.
Mar 24, 2020 8:48 AM
Jul 2019
wasnt bad, but wasnt good either. over all i enjoyed it tho
Mar 24, 2020 9:26 PM

Sep 2018
Heehh?! Shuka can kill Wang easily, why not do it earlier?! I like the first couple episode of this show but when Kaname got all advantage / privileges, it went downhill for me. It's cliche but became more cliche and corny! Character development for Kaname is too soon for me. He defeat Shuka, an A ranker and other players, he's amateur in D-game but able to defeat strong players. Not convincing for me. The animation of fight is good though but I'm disappointed with character development. 6/10.
Mar 24, 2020 10:32 PM

May 2012
Really liked it, and while these type of real life game concepts isn't new it sure had a great buildup. Looking actually forwards for a sequel to this especially with such an ending!
Mar 24, 2020 10:38 PM

Jun 2011
Perfect! It always feels amazing to see a protagonist grow from nothing to someone with commanding power over turfs. He just came into the game and he's already making himself known and feared. There are flaws all over the series but the haters can suck it for not watching this for what it is, rather than what they thought it would be.

This really reminded me of Air Gear a lot where people form groups of their own and making themselves known. There are also turf battles which is very reminiscence of that series. Coincidentally they also use "karasu"/"ravens" as part of their group name. I enjoy series like that a lot, and it's a shame there's not a lot of story like that out there.

For anyone who enjoyed Darwin's Game, I urge you to give Air Gear a chance. There's a lot of similarity between the 2 series. The Sui/Sota dynamic also reminds me of Akito/Agito a lot!

Would absolutely love a second season but heck, definitely reading the manga right now.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Mar 25, 2020 10:45 AM
Nov 2016
winddevil1 said:
LOL when he started screaming in pain i finally realized his VA is the same as mr "my brain is trembling" =D

Yep, he also does Bell Cranel's voice. He's a talented voice actor. I get a kick out of a lot of his work.
Mar 25, 2020 10:53 AM
Nov 2016
emraanash said:
naens said:

The term 'high roller' means someone who bets a lot of money. In this case, someone who bets a lot of D-game points.
Mar 25, 2020 12:18 PM

Oct 2018
redwhitenblue said:
emraanash said:

The term 'high roller' means someone who bets a lot of money. In this case, someone who bets a lot of D-game points.

so even if I lose, I win? is that high roller means?

Mar 25, 2020 12:59 PM

Jun 2012
So much time devoted to the terrible character of Wang who can be described as "generic mean bully guy". He shows up in a lot of anime, but usually as a weak side character who doesn't have much baring on the plot and only shows up to be defeated... because they're uninteresting and not worth focusing on.

If they were going to make him the main villain they could have at least made him have a semblence of threat. This episode there wasn't even an attempt to make him a threat, the viewer knows from the beginning he is going to lose. Yet the whole episode is devoted to him, a boring character, which makes the episode boring.

I don't use "edgy " as a criticism, I like edgy shows and 'battle royale' or 'survival game' is my favorite genre. This is no Mirai Nikki, that show actually had fun characters to watch. This show is just mediocre all round.
Haunt-botMar 25, 2020 1:03 PM
Shoot first, think never.
Mar 25, 2020 6:47 PM

Jan 2015
So... is this how it ends? I was expecting more. By the way they finished it I'm assuming they are confident to make another season, or maybe they just wanted people to read the manga, which I'm not going to do even though I wanted to before watching the anime.
The story is good but the characters are so boring
Mar 25, 2020 9:06 PM
Nov 2016
emraanash said:
redwhitenblue said:

No. It just means you bet a lot at once, regardless of if you win or lose.
Mar 26, 2020 8:28 AM

Oct 2018
redwhitenblue said:
emraanash said:

soo what's the point? why did he chose it? whats the advantage?

Mar 26, 2020 3:23 PM
Nov 2016
emraanash said:
redwhitenblue said:

soo what's the point? why did he chose it? whats the advantage?

Normally when people fight against each other in D-game, the loser loses a part of their points (unless they are almost out, like in the first episode with the guy in the panda suit), not all. With this privilege where he can put as many points as he wants, he can force his enemies to die if he has more points than them and he wins. Also, it is a way to gain a lot of points at once instead of having to fight a lot of battles for less points. Though, he could lose a lot of points at once if he loses. He has a lot of confidence in his and Sunset Raven's abilities so that is probably why he chose that privilege.
Mar 26, 2020 4:07 PM

Jul 2017
Imo, this is what Mirai Nikki couldn't achieve, in terms of story, and also characters. Kaname is a much better main character than Yukki, and Shuka is a much better main heroine than Yuno. And their interaction is 1000 times better than Yukki x Yuno ever had.

And with that said, overall, good show. Took me a while to get into it, because i didn't like it that much in the beginning and thought it would be just a mindless survival game filled with stupidity. Well, it managed to surprise me and take a direction that i really liked by the end of it. And now entering the scene we have the creator of the game, leaving us with hope for a 2nd season announcement and continuation of the story, i'd like it ngl!

7/10, good stuff, expecting even better events if this ever gets a 2nd season.
Mar 26, 2020 7:07 PM
Jul 2018
Underwhelming and predictable. The anime is pretty bad so far, but at least the opening sounds good.
Mar 26, 2020 11:10 PM
Mar 2020
Idk why people consider the show "shit" i thought it was enjoyable enough i had a fun time watching it, its no masterpiece but i wouldn't say its shit.
Mar 27, 2020 2:48 PM
Sep 2018
I'm not gonna lie, the only way i can sum up that last episode is by saying that Kaname went sicko mode.

Ah well
Mar 28, 2020 3:05 AM

Feb 2018
The anime was pretty generic but the ending was quite badass I have to say. The intro sounds pretty sick too.
Mar 28, 2020 8:48 AM

Jul 2009
No doubts after this that Shuka was the best thing in the show! Her fight with Wang was great.
Mar 28, 2020 10:08 AM
Apr 2013
I expect it will 2 cour or more episodes, but sadly ended in episode 11. so disappointed
Mar 29, 2020 10:47 AM

Nov 2012

God damn, that was more like it. Our boy finally got his shit together. I actually respect Kaname now. It was so satisfying when he just unloaded on Wangs fucking head before he could vanish.
Mar 31, 2020 10:09 AM
Mar 2016
I wished I could have loved it. Oh how my expectations were turned. It could've been so good! A game that can also involve people in the outside world and all the destruction is actually happening? Sold. But the characters...dear lord they turned me off! The first episode had me invested but then we got to the middle episodes and I was ready to rage quit right there with all the damn plot armour on our main characters. Seriously, how are they alive and why do people like pulling out the 'this isn't in the system' schtick! The main 'villain' was bland, nothing memorable about him, main love interest (forgets name already) is just weird and I can't see being an actual person, main character is cookie cutter (can't say right now if he's on the same level as Kirito yet), and bla, bla, bla. Honestly, I need some meat in my story, not just action! Well, I'm off to rewatch YYH and Steins Gate!
Mar 31, 2020 10:46 AM

Dec 2019
Well it had some dumb moments overall but... kinda good fights i guess? what ever let's hope season 2 is better 6/10
                                                         🖤   

Mar 31, 2020 5:47 PM
Aug 2018
Didn't expect much from this but its pretty good. The fight excites me but i dont really like the MC being op.

And its just sad that he lost his 3 friends coz of the game.

And not having any favorite character sucks!!! And its starting to be a harem. Will it show more boy characters?
Apr 1, 2020 6:56 AM
Apr 2019
I usually like survival/death game but this is just awful...

But i did still enjoy it mostly because shuka is cute..

3/10
Apr 7, 2020 7:29 PM
Dec 2017
Kaname is scary when he's merciless! I can't believe the show made me feel bad for Wang near the end. I'm interested to see how Season 2 will be when the "No Killing" rule has been lifted.
Apr 8, 2020 3:28 AM
Sep 2019
This anime is basically reliant on some sort of event happening. I guess I watched this to get the jist of the main story
Apr 9, 2020 4:43 AM

Mar 2013
Eh, this was alright. I somehow had higher expectations of this.
The Finale was pretty underwhelming, and Kaname's "transofrmation" how he suddenly doesn't care about killing anymore was quite predictable. Him and Shuka were quite cute at the beginning tho.

Given some time I might consider reading the Manga. However at this moment I'm not all too hyped up for it.
"You think your power has limits, I say it's limitless."

Apr 9, 2020 9:02 AM

May 2015
Can someone explain to me how the poker thing worked?
Apr 11, 2020 5:24 PM
Aug 2017
As some dude on YouTube once said "this show is like a trash fire and I can't stop watching it". Was this show anything amazing? Fuck no but it was fun and dumb as fuck and I'm ready for another season of this dumb fun bullshit!
Apr 12, 2020 2:37 PM
Aug 2016
Really good last episode, nice music and limb chopping. I love how their group became the mafia.
Apr 13, 2020 7:23 PM

Apr 2016
About damn time Kaname got over his naivete. I don't know how many times I've thought to myself that Kaname is a fool for trying to play the game without murdering anyone. Lol Wang's such an idiot, falling right into Shuka's hands.

Pretty cool way to end the anime, but unfortunately I was pretty disappointed with this overall. I mean there was just way too many plotholes.. and the plot armor as I mentioned in another thread. The animation and art looked like something from a decade ago as well. It's really just a cheap excuse of a battle royale anime for those who like that sort of thing. No depth to the story, plotholes incarnate -- just a generic work of entertainment and nothing more.

4/10
Apr 15, 2020 9:08 PM
Mar 2018
I have mixed opinions about this anime, it was fun to watch so i have to give it a 6 at least, really liked the situations, but the characters itself drowned the anime for me a little bit, Shuka personality is totally forced, cannot understand when and why the romance with the mc begun, shithead villain that is just sadistic, using the death of a undeveloped character as way of developing ou mc as a kind of edgy teenager punisher at the very last episode was a terrible thing that everyone saw it coming, but it was entertaining anyways, 7/10, no regrets, it just a bit edgy nothing like elfen lied for example.
Apr 16, 2020 8:25 PM

Nov 2016
The show kept me entertained despite how bad it was for the most part. It wasn't the worst anime but just way too many problems, which has already been shared in here.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Darwin's Game Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 10, 2020

122 by pe3plo »»
Apr 10, 6:15 AM

» Why no season 2?

kisaragi_eki - Dec 2, 2023

34 by Lolbot »»
Apr 7, 6:09 PM

Poll: » Darwin's Game Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 28, 2020

59 by elisaalborne »»
Dec 4, 2023 12:33 AM

Poll: » Darwin's Game Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 3, 2020

336 by Serjiotv »»
Nov 28, 2023 2:38 PM

Poll: » Darwin's Game Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 24, 2020

110 by Davidortizu »»
Nov 8, 2023 10:47 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.