Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Jul 10, 2020 8:24 AM
May 2019
Honestly did not regret watching this in 4D. This movie made the first one look like a joke. They definitely out done themselves on this one. My only regret is watching this movie this late in July.
Jul 10, 2020 8:53 AM

Jun 2017
xkazutox said:
Is it a canon?
Some said yes and some said no.
If it from the manga, will it give spoiler for anime-only viewer?
it is canon! hori said so himself and he was heavily invested in the movie unlike the first one, also nine does appear in the manga before

the animation was GOD TIER . the music. god playing the emotional song during the fight..... they didnt have to go this hard, plus it was bittersweet as it was dekus final moments with OFA.

deku sharing OFA with bakugou ? bakugou taking his hand, them fighting together, their rivalry and the character development for both of them. i'm SO SO proud they grew so much. deku giving up EVERYTHING he worked so hard for to save the kids and the island and yall still call him a bland mc? bakugou BEST BOY. bakugou being worried about deku not being able to use his powers anymore after this,how he wanted to win with his own power and how he did his all best to protect the kids too ! bakugou exploding a whole mountain and walking through the explosion like he's literally insane i'm saying like bakugou BEST BEST boy, truly no one stands a chance

everyone in class 1-A got their own spotlight! mahoro and katsuma was SO CUTE i love how mahoro is bakugous fan and how katsuma got encouraged by deku to become a hero! anyway the fight at the end was so emotional and as i said, god tier animation. studio bones outdoing themselves as always

you could tell how horikoshi truly worked on this movie and was actually involved in the making unlike the first movie that to me was still great but this one was just way better! anyway in case no one noticed, i think bakugou is best boy
dipItFooJul 10, 2020 10:45 PM
Jul 10, 2020 9:07 AM

Oct 2017
This movie is full of plotholes and bullshit. Except for some flashy visuals and animation it was trash. Story was nonexistent and the scenario was bland. The developments were mostly cliche including the fights.
Jul 10, 2020 12:47 PM

Dec 2016
Wow this movie was amazing! I could see why everyone was going crazy for this movie because of Deku and Bakugou. I was waiting anxiously for this movie be available so I can watch online <3 The finishing blow sound like a reference of Dragon Ball, but more stylish XD Insane battle and I love it! I was surprised Bakugou had amnesia after Deku transfered temporaly a part of One For All to him hahaha

P.S - Thank god that narration was not part of the movie and I'm also glad I didn't start watching yesterday! It was such a mood killer listening to all that talk (such distraction) the entire movie. It was very distracting cuz I couldn't listen to the characters talking -_- I've suspected something was not right and waited till next day so that crap could get out. Worth the wait!
PurpleGirl203Jul 10, 2020 12:50 PM

[*]My Completed List
[*]♪Listen ►
[/list][/left]
Jul 10, 2020 12:47 PM

May 2015
God this movie is so good. Just finished re-watching it and it has everything I absolutely love about MHA. All for One, One for All, Hero saving smashes. This movie really shows you the lengths Deku will go to to save people. I love seeing Deku be a true and genuine hero.

Also, I swear that girl has now fallen for Bakugo XD.
Yuritopia FTW!!!!!!!!! BANZAI TO YURI !!!!!!!!!!!!
Jul 10, 2020 1:01 PM

Jul 2010
i couldn't watch more than half. fights didn't interest me and all the story is generic characters doing generic things.
Jul 10, 2020 3:03 PM

Jul 2012
It was decent until the last 10 minutes. Sure, the animation was neat. But I don't know why the author allowed that climax between Deku and Bakugou, it doesn't make sense.

Normally I don't expect much from these types of movies because they often don't add any value to the main story. At least the first one connected with All Might's past and presented a part of his backstory. Maybe they could've done something involving Hawks, Endeavor, and some of the minor UA Class 1-A students who're underdeveloped -- Ojiro, Koda, Sato, Shoji, Hagakure. Something that would help transition to the 5th season. Not a fan of this lazy, throwaway writing. Just seems like another wasted opportunity.
Jul 11, 2020 7:49 AM

Apr 2014
fully enjoyed it can even say i liked it better than the first movie

i mean the fact that everyone in the class was in action unlike in the 1st movie where there was some left out is a plus for me but everything about this movie was great even the fights and the final fight

not to mention deku and bakugo fighting together i loved that

but yeah great movie wonder will a 3rd movie happen can what crazy shit will be put into it
"one step at a time"
Jul 11, 2020 1:55 PM

Jan 2009
damn thats the best movie of My Hero Academia so far

and i got no problem with the asspull in the end where One For All stays with Deku since All Might already said the will of the successors made a miracle anyway

Slice is sexy hot and i like her hair quirk it reminds me of that character in Guilty Gear games

hopefully we see Slice and Chimera again as he is so strong too wtf is that monster lol

Nine dies though wtf Shigaraki
Jul 11, 2020 7:05 PM
Dec 2016
Red said:
It was decent until the last 10 minutes. Sure, the animation was neat. But I don't know why the author allowed that climax between Deku and Bakugou, it doesn't make sense.

Normally I don't expect much from these types of movies because they often don't add any value to the main story. At least the first one connected with All Might's past and presented a part of his backstory. Maybe they could've done something involving Hawks, Endeavor, and some of the minor UA Class 1-A students who're underdeveloped -- Ojiro, Koda, Sato, Shoji, Hagakure. Something that would help transition to the 5th season. Not a fan of this lazy, throwaway writing. Just seems like another wasted opportunity.

This movie is set after season 5. And the author specifically wanted that climax with deku and Bakugou and how that climax ends is set up in the manga.
Jul 11, 2020 11:07 PM

Feb 2020
9/10 for the Film!! I enjoyed it!!

Now, How The fuck Did Bakugo received OFA???
some say its temporarily......But How??

I really Like the Film.....but someone please explain this to me!!
I'm Hella Curious!!!
Jul 11, 2020 11:37 PM

Sep 2018
God, that two for all climax was some BS. What a load of crap. Enjoyed the film up to that part. Liked how the whole class had sufficient screen time and actually did something. Very cookie cutter type of villian as well (his reasons are more lame than the usual lol), but I don't expect anything grand in terms of plot or story in anime franchise films. 8/10
Jul 12, 2020 6:43 AM

Mar 2019
Despite the slow start of the first 20 mins, the final fight is the best animation I've ever seen in MHA so far.
Jul 12, 2020 7:59 AM

Dec 2016
It was a really enjoyable movie, I must say.

My only problem with it would be the "final attack" scene. I was expecting to hear all the sound associated with a typical scene like that one, like screaming, punches here and there, rocks getting destroyed and colliding with each other, and etc, alongside an epic OST playing in the background.
And instead of all of that ... we got a muted scene, with just an OST playing in the background that didn't even fit the scene.
Jul 12, 2020 10:24 AM

Nov 2016
I loved how they used almost every chharacter power in the last fight, really needed to see that, uraraka and sero doing the real job, same for shoji, yaoyorozu and aoyama.

I must admit that the last scene was a little stupid, but everything else was perfect.
Jul 12, 2020 10:32 AM

Nov 2016
Jizi99 said:
xkazutox said:
Is it a canon?
Some said yes and some said no.
If it from the manga, will it give spoiler for anime-only viewer?
it is canon! hori said so himself and he was heavily invested in the movie unlike the first one, also nine does appear in the manga before

the animation was GOD TIER . the music. god playing the emotional song during the fight..... they didnt have to go this hard, plus it was bittersweet as it was dekus final moments with OFA.

deku sharing OFA with bakugou ? bakugou taking his hand, them fighting together, their rivalry and the character development for both of them. i'm SO SO proud they grew so much. deku giving up EVERYTHING he worked so hard for to save the kids and the island and yall still call him a bland mc? bakugou BEST BOY. bakugou being worried about deku not being able to use his powers anymore after this,how he wanted to win with his own power and how he did his all best to protect the kids too ! bakugou exploding a whole mountain and walking through the explosion like he's literally insane i'm saying like bakugou BEST BEST boy, truly no one stands a chance

everyone in class 1-A got their own spotlight! mahoro and katsuma was SO CUTE i love how mahoro is bakugous fan and how katsuma got encouraged by deku to become a hero! anyway the fight at the end was so emotional and as i said, god tier animation. studio bones outdoing themselves as always

you could tell how horikoshi truly worked on this movie and was actually involved in the making unlike the first movie that to me was still great but this one was just way better! anyway in case no one noticed, i think bakugou is best boy
Do you remember in which chapter does Nine appear? because I don't remember maybe he appeared in one panel and that's it?
Jul 12, 2020 2:46 PM
Mar 2016
Nobody5464 said:
Red said:

This movie is set after season 5. And the author specifically wanted that climax with deku and Bakugou and how that climax ends is set up in the manga.

It's probably going to be somewhere in the middle of season 5. The manga had way lower page count than usual around that time. There's no way it's going to take them 25 episodes to adapt those two arcs. The lower page count was also the main reason that season 4 adapted more than people anticipated.

Alvaritoterreos said:
Do you remember in which chapter does Nine appear? because I don't remember maybe he appeared in one panel and that's it?

Iirc, he appeared in one panel in the background in chapter 222 if I'm not mistaken. It was definitely somewhere around there.

Archfiend836 said:

I'm Hella Curious!!!

He took in Deku's DNA through blood, because both of their fingers were wounded. There's multiple ways of taking in someone elses DNA other than eating. So if Deku's blood gets in Bakugou's wound, Deku's DNA gets in Bakugou's body. It's the same as getting infected by a disease through blood transmission.
TheEnhancedExeJul 12, 2020 2:53 PM
Jul 12, 2020 3:10 PM

Oct 2018
Its a canon to the anime , happens between season 5 and 6 so there will be spoilers but if you finished watching season 4 give it a try.

I think movie 1 was better at animation and fighting sequence.

and do you think the BNHA series animation it getting bad? I mean look at season 1 and season 4 animation its getting worse imo.
“You can always die. It's living that takes real courage." - Himura Kenshin”

Jul 12, 2020 4:58 PM

Apr 2018
BlakexEkalb said:
Fantastic movie. A LOT better than the first one. Actually felt like everyone was incredibly important in the final battle (except invisible girl, useless character). Still wondering if giving up season 4 animation was worth for the movie, kind of think it was since season 4 as a whole has been a big downgrade.

9/10

I thought the same with Invisible Girl. She hasn't been contributing and the only thing she's good at is just being invisible lel. Literally, I kept asking my friends "where's invisible girl? Where has she been? Are they just going to forget about her? Oh.. there she is...." I was expecting her to do something with her quirk in the movie or even in the anime but she hasn't been helpful. I hope in the future (since I'm not a manga reader) that she'll be able to do something more than just...well... being cast aside..
Jul 12, 2020 9:32 PM
Dec 2016
TheEnhancedExe said:
Nobody5464 said:

It's probably going to be somewhere in the middle of season 5. The manga had way lower page count than usual around that time. There's no way it's going to take them 25 episodes to adapt those two arcs. The lower page count was also the main reason that season 4 adapted more than people anticipated.

Alvaritoterreos said:

Iirc, he appeared in one panel in the background in chapter 222 if I'm not mistaken. It was definitely somewhere around there.

Archfiend836 said:

I'm Hella Curious!!!

He took in Deku's DNA through blood, because both of their fingers were wounded. There's multiple ways of taking in someone elses DNA other than eating. So if Deku's blood gets in Bakugou's wound, Deku's DNA gets in Bakugou's body. It's the same as getting infected by a disease through blood transmission.

I’m personally making a guess (that could be completely wrong) that the anime will insert azaiwas backstory from vigilantes into season 5.i make this guess because it doesn’t look like vigilantes is gonna get an anime anytime soon, but at least aizawas backstory is needed as set up for the events after MVA arc. After the first arc of season 5 would also be the ideal place to insert his backstory since that’s when a specific character is first mentioned. Like I said I could be totally wrong about this, but if they don’t do it that way then a scene that is way less impactful without that backstory will end up getting animated in season 5 instead.
Jul 13, 2020 5:09 AM

Mar 2018
As someone who hate the very existence of that movie, I actually had a blast watching it.

Like, I got spoiled on pretty much every major plot point and event, like Bakugo getting OFA, which was an idea that I deeply despise, or Nine being pretty much a new All For One, and all of that was actually pretty well executed imo. The kids weren't obnoxious, the villain had a kickass design and a pretty cool personnality.

But even with that, I can't close my eyes on the care that went into making this movie, and it's that very same care that actually makes me hate its existence even more.

Why, omfg WHY didn't they put all those effort into S4, it was 90 minutes of gorgeous looking action, exceptionnaly well directed and storyboarded, and fantastic music as always, while in the entirety of S4, there might be 2 or 3 episodes that are worth remembering ffs.

I like this movie, but it can absolutly not be canon in any fucking way. It hurts the overall consistency of the series with power levels and character growth. I didn't expect it to be anything more than what it is, which is why I enjoyed it, but I also hope Bones or Hori dont plan to make it matter in the future.
Jul 13, 2020 6:31 AM

Mar 2010
What I learned from this movie: Stop telling kids to run away from villains. They never run away. They always stare at the whole situation stupidly.
Jul 13, 2020 9:52 AM
Mar 2016
Nobody5464 said:
TheEnhancedExe said:

I’m personally making a guess (that could be completely wrong) that the anime will insert azaiwas backstory from vigilantes into season 5.i make this guess because it doesn’t look like vigilantes is gonna get an anime anytime soon, but at least aizawas backstory is needed as set up for the events after MVA arc. After the first arc of season 5 would also be the ideal place to insert his backstory since that’s when a specific character is first mentioned. Like I said I could be totally wrong about this, but if they don’t do it that way then a scene that is way less impactful without that backstory will end up getting animated in season 5 instead.

I'm guessing the same and I really hope they do that, because it would give a certain moment way more impact. I still think that we'll probably see that moment at the end of next season and then the majority of the current arc will be in season 6.
Jul 13, 2020 7:39 PM

Aug 2016

This series would be nothing without Yutaka Nakamura.
Jul 15, 2020 10:32 AM

Aug 2018
This... was... FUCKING AWESOME OMG OMG
Jul 16, 2020 5:56 AM
Oct 2017
Phareux said:

This series would be nothing without Yutaka Nakamura.

and yuki hayashi, kenji nagasaki and bones
Jul 17, 2020 2:03 PM

May 2012
This movie is better than 1st one

I hope they make more movies in future
Jul 17, 2020 2:24 PM

Aug 2018
hmmmm. If the movie is canon, why make Bakugo not remember it? I thought he was just going to give it back...
Didn't like that and the super sayan, no sound effects bit but, that isn't enough to make me not like the movie overall. It was pretty good imo.
I think I don't know wtf I'm doing. Maybe. Probably.

Jul 18, 2020 10:06 PM

Apr 2014
While decent, this movie is the embodiment of plot convenience..
Jul 18, 2020 10:13 PM

Mar 2013
Great movie, except the story was much weaker than first movie. 7/10
Jul 19, 2020 11:23 AM

May 2015
It was...ok? Very good animation, but the story was kinda meh (read: your typical anime movie plot).

Still solid 7 (mostly animation though).
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Jul 20, 2020 10:21 AM

Aug 2017
If the actual final battle of the anime was something like what we got here, I think it would be ok :)
Jul 20, 2020 12:42 PM
Oct 2019
That last fight man wow
Jul 23, 2020 10:36 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Damn, this was some fan-service for the fans! It's a little pity that the 4th Season animation quality took a hit due to this Movie but I can totally understand why now.

Plus that even higher step-up during the whole "Two OFA v AFO rip-off" was just fudging glorious, really. It's incredible how far Bones animators went for this, truly. On par with One Piece's Stampede, I reckon. "Goodbye OFA. Thank you." - Geez, the VA there was absolutely chilling! And the soundtrack was fitting as always, too.

On the down-side, the whole idea is pretty bonkers though. Bakugo's stubbornness is supposed to know no bounds and yet he accepted Deku's plan? Can't convince me there, I'm afraid. Fainting and hindering the process plus conveniently not recalling an inking was kind of "meh" too.

Story-wise, it was just about decent but not bad or even average by any stretch. Almost every Hero from Class 1-A got their shining moments (RIP Invisible girl) and the kiddo quite the brave lad. Definitely pleased by this, I was a little let-down by the lack of this in the 1st Movie after all you see.

By the way, I don't remember Shadow taking down the redhead though, when'd that happen?

All in all, this gets a 7.5/10 from me. Looking forward to S5 and I'm sure there'll at least be one more movie so I'm looking forward to that too.
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Jul 25, 2020 8:34 PM

Dec 2009
thepath said:
This movie is better than 1st one

I hope they make more movies in future

Author said this was going to be the final movie for Boku no Hero.
Jul 26, 2020 4:01 PM

Sep 2014
I wish it had less Action and more story. Also while the animation for the final fight was good, it felt like some AMV with how the music just didnt fit at all. And they literally went DBZ with it. Glowing spikey hair, lightning etc.

Is this supposed to be canon? Because this really raises a lot of questions and seems like massive ass pulling.
I always liked the All Might got physically too weak for OFA explanation more than this weird "he passed on his quirk but can still use it untill story decides he cant". Even with new healing types popping up each episode making his injuries rather pointless.

PS: I was thinking maybe this would focus on Bakugo after he got no developement during the last seasons, but nope, shared spotlight with Deku again.
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Jul 26, 2020 5:38 PM

May 2013
it was alright, i liked the first movie more than this
it felt kinda rushed and Bakugo was basically useless half of the movie not to mention that at the end of the movie he barely remembered anything from the fight
i wanted to know more about the villains. the animation was neat like always, maybe even better than the first movie and the main show

Jul 28, 2020 5:04 PM

Apr 2016
First half was pretty good. The villains were decent and the fights were pretty good as well. The end was bullshit however, felt like a fan fiction and a wet dream to bakugo fans on how he obtains OFA for an amount of time. It felt like someone off tumblr wrote it and it got animated. I really hope it isn't canon because that was super terrible.
Jul 31, 2020 8:02 AM

Apr 2020
Just that normal non canon anime movie

⬇ CLICK IT ⬇

⬆ CLICK IT ⬆
Jul 31, 2020 9:39 AM
Jul 2018
Just Shit!!! I saw it and disliked it very very much. I really hated the way bakugo got the power. Its like deku was never the main character. Shitty writer and trash manga.
Jul 31, 2020 11:47 AM

Nov 2018
That last fight sequence was probably the hardest I've been flexed on ever, I was left flabbergasted watching the animation go to 1 million percent.

I have some slight concerns with the transferring of power (and how from what I've heard from complaints is that it's somewhat of a nod towards the final battle of the series, which I hope they'll finish the show off like they did here), and how it fits in the cannon of the show, though I haven't read the manga yet so I'll put my worries to rest for now. I'm just wondering where in S4 this takes place.

If only S4 got some of that budget where it needed it lol.

Overall, I thought this had some of the best fights and animation in the entire series, even if the story was a bit cliched. 8/10.

Please show your love for my Kiss x Sis manga review here. It will only take you 2 minutes of your time 🙏🙏
Check out my list of emojis you can copy and paste in the forums here. List will expand in the future.
Jul 31, 2020 5:00 PM
Jul 2019
I think this movie is overrated because of the hype. It only appeals to the eye who likes to watch fight over fight to get on fire without a solid story and narration. So "it was ok" nothing special about it. If you like Hollywood superhero movies, you can like this as well. It's just empty action in the end.

Jul 31, 2020 11:04 PM

Apr 2013
Really enjoyed this film! Man I like Bakugo a lot more after this film hahaha. Nice to see the class shine without much help from the pro heroes and the final fight was awesome
Aug 2, 2020 4:34 AM
Jul 2011
I didn't think Nine was just gonna be a discount All for One in the end from the trailers. Wolfgram was forgettable too so it's not like the bar was set that high here to pass.

Shoto felt really nerfed in this movie. Either that or the Chimera guy was way too strong to be a sidekick to Nine. It's like they couldn't think of a proper way to end his fight because they kept powering him up and forgot he wasn't the main villain. Chimera was a literal beast on the field.

There was a nice parallel in the way Deku was encouraging Katsuma and the way All Might encourage Deku in the past to keep believing in his dream of being a hero no matter what. Also Bakugo getting a new future fangirl was cool.

Deku and Bakugo performs a Double One For All team attack, that type thing that sounds juicy on fanfiction sites. This is where the animators went into overtime, easily the visual highlight of the movie but the vocal track playing was kind of a hype killer mainly because the muted sounds of the fight itself during it. Deku and Dad Might team up vs. Wolfgram had better build up and execution overall in the end unless you had a hardon for Bakugo. Hard to deny that tasty visual eyecandy was on whole another level vs. Nine though.

Shigaraki shows up in the end after barely any screentime and like "sup, ggpo" to Nine, lol.

There are good and bad parts in both movies but this one is easier to rewatch if I had to pick on than the previous one so it's alright with me especially since the side characters was more involved.
Aug 5, 2020 4:33 AM

Jun 2013
I loved the movie but it's more of a 7/10 for me. I can't really separate the original manga story from the film but the animation was awesome as always.

I enjoyed this more than the first movie.
臭い-
Aug 6, 2020 7:11 AM

Jan 2015
It was an ok movie. Typical shounen movie formual, many ass-pulls and some things didn't make sense. But the animation on fights was awesome. 5/10
Aug 6, 2020 6:26 PM

Sep 2018
Woahhhh!! Animators go all out! all profit from main series goes to the budget for this movie lol it lives up to they hype. The animation on fighting scenes are superb!!! I love this one than the first movie. I really really want to watch this on cinema but because of pandemic.. I can't :(
Mahoru and Katsuma is so cute! I hope I can see them again in the main series. Bakugo can't handle kids lol the only useless character in the fight is the invisible girl, I never seen her do anything! Overall it's superb so it deserves 10/10 ❤️
Aug 6, 2020 8:16 PM

Oct 2010
The fanservice on the final battle was dumb. Bakugo is my favorite character, but holy they made the worst decision giving him the All for one, the point of his character is that HE DOESN'T NEED THAT. This movie ended as a bad fanfic.

If i had to fix this movie, i would make Endeavor fight at the end and show that he is worth being the new #1 hero. Like why did they sent an S.O.S signal if no one was gonna arrive at the final battle. Pointless foreshadowing.
「Self Aware Cringy Weeb」
Aug 12, 2020 9:14 AM
Jul 2018
6/10 for me. The animation is really what saved it. Those Japanese animators really know how to break their backs to make something as intricate as this. Nevertheless, the movie was still pretty bad. It failed to make an impact, was generally uninteresting and didn’t have much depth, failed to immerse me, easy-to-forget antagonists, etcetera. Bakugo was a bit uncharacteristic in this anime but I’ll let it slide — after all, maybe he’s just microscopically progressing as a character. I wouldn’t change him cooperating with Deku after all.

Regarding the other complaints I mentioned — and even the ones I didn’t — a common argument is, “it’s a shounen anime — of course it won’t be anything immaculate — of course there will be plot holes” … but I’ve seen shounen anime that have managed to get it right.

The one thing that did really pi$$ me off though was the ending. Where Deku and Bakugo just infinitely upgraded until becoming Gods that could transcend what All Might and Endeavor are capable of. Even the main (white-haired) antagonist’s power is more believable than what Deku/Bakugo did. (I know “believable” isn’t a good word, since it’s childrens’ fiction, but you get what I mean. The over-convenience is just downright distracting.) Maybe I’m overthinking it, but you have to wonder why Deku and Bakugo didn’t just use that finishing move at the start of the battle. For the shounen genre, there are proper ways to execute the “upgrade/counter-the-enemy” concept, but I feel like this was not the case.
Furthermore — in regards to the final fight scene (and all the other ones featuring the other characters) — how does no one die in this show? It’s like the concept of death is nonexistent. What Deku did to the island (and endured from the island thanks to the antagonist) is equivalent to some of the worst natural disasters IRL… Deku was at the dead center of it, making contact with all the debris large and small… and he’s going to walk away without a single scratch/scar (after healing). He used 100% of his power and destroyed his entire arm… and yet he’ll have no battle scars. This really defeats the purpose of the little scars he got on his hand from using OFA without training in an earlier season.
And these little sixteen year old kids spent five minutes flying through epilepsy-inducing lights and explosions in the midst of panning shots and rainbows and B&W-color-fluctuations and entire mountain obliterations… it’s like… they should’ve just saved all that crap for the final season instead of wasting it on this movie. Only then would the over-the-top triumph have been warranted.
The final combo, with “Two All For Ones,” is where things just got ridiculous. I could stomach the rest, and could even find potential contentment with it, but this was the dealbreaker. Awful decision to conceptualize something like this... Bakugo briefly possessing OFA, smh. Because the deceased past users "felt" like giving Deku a "blessing".

Honestly… if Deku is able to save the entire world and defeat an indestructible antagonist like he did in this movie, he shouldn’t have any trouble in the next season(s). Like, at all. And like I said, I feel like in just two years he’s already rivaling All Might and what he spent his entire career doing. Talk about an overpowered protagonist.

The production team was tripping when making this film. Heroes Rising would be a 5/10 if it weren’t for the tremendous animation efforts.
removed-userAug 12, 2020 9:21 AM
Aug 15, 2020 5:57 AM

Dec 2015
My god the story was terrible. The plotline and directing went pretty much took the same direction as Season 4; an okay, progressing to weak storyline followed by an epic fight scene in the end.

What really threw me off was how overpowered those villains were. OP beyond the point of belief compared to the canon series.

Lastly, tf was the One for all % that Deku was using at the end? He didn't even glow like that with 1 million % (but then again, does it really matter?)

6-6.5/10.

*It lowkey wonder what All Might was thinking giving Deku All for one after seeing what Bakugou could do + having had it for a mere 5 mins.

**Have proly watched the end fight 10+ times now. Might + U bumps things to a 7.
Prim3Sep 14, 2020 3:56 AM
~
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

» [Spoiler] Question PogChamp

CickNipolla - Jan 13, 2022

13 by SonoAltoComeLevi »»
Sep 19, 2023 12:44 PM

» This movie is full of plot holes[Spoilers]

MegamiRem - Jul 10, 2020

14 by removed-user »»
Aug 13, 2022 1:13 AM

» Do you prefer Nine's group or Shigaraki's?

Scordolo - Jun 24, 2021

18 by Sol_Ou »»
Apr 11, 2022 5:02 PM

» what does 'A new visual has just been added for this spring/2021 anime" mean

NicoTheAllMighty - Feb 4, 2021

12 by Gammix »»
Oct 2, 2021 9:09 AM

» When to watch

crechi - Sep 25, 2021

5 by removed-user »»
Sep 30, 2021 11:35 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.