Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jul 10, 2020 9:17 AM

Oct 2017
I found various concering issues with this movie but most importantly these three were seriously too much.

1. The very setting of this movie is questionable. The students of UA class 1-A were attacked by leage of villains several times and therefore they don't even leave the school premises and live in the dorm. So why were they allowed to do this hero job without any supervisor?

2. So why the heck Bakugo was so co operative with Deku? Even in manga we havn't seen this level of co operation between this two yet.

3. Also this last one is just hilarious. Bakugo using One for All? Like bruh wtf were they smoking when they did this development here, seriously.
Jul 10, 2020 10:27 AM
Jun 2017
I honestly disagree with the second and third point. Bakugo was so cooperative with Deku because they were thrown into a shit situation, and since Bakugo had already recognized Deku and now respected him as a rival, he was more willing to cooperate in said shit situation and how the hell is Bakugo using one for all a plot hole, it was very clear that Deku gave his power to Bakugo the same way All Might gave it to Deku, and I don't think any rules had been set that they cannot give it in a stressful situation or that it can only be transferred by hair. And by the way I found the movie just decent, since it was mostly for the diehard fans and I ain't one of them
Jul 10, 2020 10:36 AM

Oct 2019
Is this the first Battle Shounen movie that you have watched?

the large majority of them got a lot of plot holes....
Jul 10, 2020 12:50 PM

Jul 2010
it has more holes than my cheese i couldn't watch more than half
Jul 10, 2020 3:43 PM

Jul 2012
atsuke30 said:
I honestly disagree with the second and third point. Bakugo was so cooperative with Deku because they were thrown into a shit situation, and since Bakugo had already recognized Deku and now respected him as a rival, he was more willing to cooperate in said shit situation and how the hell is Bakugo using one for all a plot hole, it was very clear that Deku gave his power to Bakugo the same way All Might gave it to Deku, and I don't think any rules had been set that they cannot give it in a stressful situation or that it can only be transferred by hair. And by the way I found the movie just decent, since it was mostly for the diehard fans and I ain't one of them

Ya Bakugou sees Deku as his rival, but he still hates him too. From when Deku rushed to save him at the beginning of the story and during the training camp, all the way back to their childhood when he fell in the river and Deku offered help.

So Bakugou willingly accepting Deku's quirk goes against his character. He's prideful and arrogant. He wants to be the number one hero and surpass his idol All Might. But he wants to do this using his own power. Not All Might's. Not Deku's. Especially not Deku's -- the person chosen by All Might to be his successor, the person Bakugou despises the most. Seeing Bakugou with OFA is kind of an insult to his character. I guess Horikoshi really wanted to see this scrapped ending idea brought to life so he tossed it away in this movie.
Jul 10, 2020 5:15 PM

Jul 2011
atsuke30 said:

Pretty much the rule for OFA is that it has to be a form of DNA. So, it can anything like hair, blood, heck skin. Most people think only hair just because of how the show started. There aren't many other rules that we know about. There could be other reasons why they did it this way, but so far there is just a lack of info.

Red said:
atsuke30 said:

Ya Bakugou sees Deku as his rival, but he still hates him too. From when Deku rushed to save him at the beginning of the story and during the training camp, all the way back to their childhood when he fell in the river and Deku offered help.

So Bakugou willingly accepting Deku's quirk goes against his character. He's prideful and arrogant. He wants to be the number one hero and surpass his idol All Might. But he wants to do this using his own power. Not All Might's. Not Deku's. Especially not Deku's -- the person chosen by All Might to be his successor, the person Bakugou despises the most. Seeing Bakugou with OFA is kind of an insult to his character. I guess Horikoshi really wanted to see this scrapped ending idea brought to life so he tossed it away in this movie.

Yeah, but Bakugo isn't stupid. He knows well that their up agest an opponent that has powers similar to All For One, a person who came close to beating him. Bakugo would most likely take OFA if it means winning. Besides, their in the mouth of a dragon about to be crusedh to death. It's either take OFA or die.
Jul 11, 2020 2:01 PM

Jan 2009
im fine with the asspull in the end since its common on action shows anyway

and All Might said it best ITS A MIRACLE lol
Jul 21, 2020 4:24 PM
Sep 2018
MegamiRem said:

2. So why the heck Bakugo was so co operative with Deku? Even in manga we havn't seen this level of co operation between this two yet.

Right now in the manga Bakugo is being similarily cooperative with Deku, within the past few chapters. And this movie is supposed to take place post-S5, not right after S4
Jul 25, 2020 10:12 PM

May 2016
Snob made points about this forgetfull series MHA because the film ain't cannon just filler to ad more sakuga XD
Jan 8, 2021 11:32 PM
Apr 2017
Nobody even noticed deku was supposed to lose his arms for good after breaking them a couple more times. It was such a pain watching this movie, the thing that annoys me the most is the fact the score is insanely high despite all the plot holes, and people hope for it to be Canon, please God no keep it filler, it would just completely ruin my idea of this anime for good.
Feb 17, 2021 2:38 PM
Oct 2016
iDakan said:
Nobody even noticed deku was supposed to lose his arms for good after breaking them a couple more times. It was such a pain watching this movie, the thing that annoys me the most is the fact the score is insanely high despite all the plot holes, and people hope for it to be Canon, please God no keep it filler, it would just completely ruin my idea of this anime for good.

I couldn't agree more sir
Feb 26, 2021 9:36 PM
Feb 2013
Well, I think one of the main reasons that Bakugo got the OFA quirk is because he was voted the most popular character in Japan. Not once, but two or three times in a row. So, because of that, he gets far more attention than he honestly deserves. The climax ruined the whole movie for me, but yea, since it's a filler movie, it takes way too many liberalities. It may look cool, but it was so stupid.
Dec 14, 2021 1:16 PM
Aug 2019
I don't understand why this movie is so loved, the story is awful and yeah. 100 percent with you about the plot holes, especially the One for All one. I sincerely hate these movies and the fact that they gut the animation crew from the anime proper is an absolute travesty.
Aug 12, 2022 10:50 AM
Oct 2017
i just binged watched this series up to this point in less than 2 weeks (season 1 - season 4 + Movies, Sunday to Friday)... I see no real plot holes besides the fact that this movie released in December 2019... Half way through Season 4... Yet the events in this movie take place after Season 4... So if you watch this movie as it released, it would have made no sense what so ever. which probably means this was meant for Manga readers but was following the Anime that was yet to be released. watching the movie after Season 4 definitely makes more sense than half way through.

With Bakugo being cooporative, after watching Season 4, he definitely feels more friendly in his own way. it wasn't a massive jump. i haven't seen Season 5 to comment.
Aug 13, 2022 1:13 AM
Jul 2018
I agree with the 3rd one that was the whole reason I gave this movie a score of 7/10

More topics from this board

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia the Movie 2: Heroes:Rising Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

-Stray - Dec 23, 2019

154 by animefan8800 »»
Dec 25, 2023 2:08 AM

» [Spoiler] Question PogChamp

CickNipolla - Jan 13, 2022

13 by SonoAltoComeLevi »»
Sep 19, 2023 12:44 PM

» Do you prefer Nine's group or Shigaraki's?

Scordolo - Jun 24, 2021

18 by Sol_Ou »»
Apr 11, 2022 5:02 PM

» what does 'A new visual has just been added for this spring/2021 anime" mean

NicoTheAllMighty - Feb 4, 2021

12 by Gammix »»
Oct 2, 2021 9:09 AM

» When to watch

crechi - Sep 25, 2021

5 by removed-user »»
Sep 30, 2021 11:35 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.