Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums

Shinchou Yuusha: Kono Yuusha ga Ore Tueee Kuse ni Shinchou Sugiru Episode 12 Discussion

The Hero Is Overpowered but Overly Cautious (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »
Feb 13, 2020 5:28 AM
Feb 2016
Great finale. Overall enjoy the series so much even tho it has some flaws but not everything that perfect are enjoyable and I'm gonna admit I'm not ready perfectly for the final episode. Still, can't use the healing power gonna be tough tho. Oh well, at least they're united again.... Rista Seiyuu is pretty crazy with her role damn she is soo gooood
Feb 22, 2020 9:56 AM

Mar 2016
Definitely the best isekai of 2019, really exceeded my expectations. I really liked it & actually want a second season, I neeed it!
Damien89Feb 22, 2020 10:02 AM
Feb 27, 2020 9:44 AM

Apr 2013
So for those who have read on, does Seiya remember anything this time around? or is it a fresh start again?
Feb 29, 2020 12:18 AM

Feb 2014
Loved the ending. Also pretty sad, but also kind of hype. Now there can be some type of redemption. I really want to see a season 2 because now this world will be personal.

I really loved the show. Rista and her facial expressions and monologues were so good. It was like a Saturday morning cartoon with how they were animating it. And the comedy in this was good as well. But unlike Konosuba this actually had a serious element to it that was underneath the surface and then was revealed during the last two episodes. The show ended up turning into a dark comedy considering everything we know now.

Great way to subvert expectations, the foreshadow was there from the beginning. I’m honestly impressed with how this show turned out.

Overall, 8/10 for me.
Mar 4, 2020 5:53 PM

Sep 2010
I already liked this a lot but the two last episodes made it more than just a isekai parody.

It's very rare for a show to do such 180 turn and still feel good at the end. At the top of my head the only other show that does that well is Gintama.

Isekai genre is a mess. There are at least 3 new isekai coming out each season but most of them are complete garbage and there aren't that many which are truly good. Looking over watched list, I found only 3 standard isekai anime that I would consider better than this. (Log Horizon, NGNL, Konosuba)

What this series does however what pretty much none of other isakai does is... it has an ending. Quite brilliant ending at that. Sure the ending is open ended allowing for the story to still go on but, just looking at those 12 episodes, it's truly finished and satisfying story overall.

Going into Isekai 12 episodes long anime, I would never expect something this good.
Mar 6, 2020 1:21 PM

Jan 2016
Awwww he remembered everything right before dying...
You could see the reflection in his eyes as Rista as a human.

I actually thought he was there when Rista came back to her house though, I was so sad and disappointed.

I wonder if for this next season he's going to remember her still or if his memories were sealed again.
Mar 15, 2020 11:28 AM

Apr 2011
That scene with Seiya was so sad. I cried.

Overall, I really enjoyed this series.

7/10

Mar 20, 2020 8:57 PM
Feb 2014
bad ending but the rest was good so give it 5 stars of 10 because of the ending otherwise if it was good ending i would give it 7stars
Mar 28, 2020 8:55 PM
Nov 2014
OK show. It was fun while it lasted. Some parts were really funny, esp the big OP monster defeated by the Goddess of Destruction.

But like the frontpage negative review points out - the twist wasn't foreshadowed enough and thus lost a lot of its ooomph.

One minor complaint which has more to do with the corporate side of anime is that the last few episodes are predictably the same length as the previous.
Mar 28, 2020 10:02 PM

Feb 2012
Just when I was thinking this anime wil be a meaningless distraction to see at night... things got serious, and good. The final scenes were actually moving. I am glad I wacthed it.
Mar 29, 2020 7:56 PM

Oct 2016
Well it didn't worked out after all, what's the point of becoming tragic, ruin it with silly comedy in the middle, then nullify the tragic ending in favor of an unnecesary sequel? I won't follow this one, I only watched it because this guy appears in the second Isekai Quartet anyway.
Apr 6, 2020 12:26 PM

Nov 2008
CaptainKenshiro said:
Well it didn't worked out after all, what's the point of becoming tragic, ruin it with silly comedy in the middle, then nullify the tragic ending in favor of an unnecesary sequel? I won't follow this one, I only watched it because this guy appears in the second Isekai Quartet anyway.
Agreed, that asspull at the end changed what otherwise would have been a really touching and unusual ending back to standard sequel setup. Disappointing, even a little infuriating, to be honest.

Aidamis said:
But like the frontpage negative review points out - the twist wasn't foreshadowed enough and thus lost a lot of its ooomph.
I found it to be the opposite. The "twist" becomes clear as soon as we see Aria's reaction to Seiya in episode 3 and later moments only support it further.
AnimeThemes.moe <- the largest collection of anime Openings & Endings on the Web
AnimeMusicQuiz.com <- guess an anime from your list by it's Opening/Ending music browser game
Apr 6, 2020 1:05 PM
Nov 2014
@Genoard. I did had some suspicions, yes. But I wish they aid down a bit more clues :)
Apr 17, 2020 8:28 PM

Feb 2018
Sad episode xD. Ma, need 1 seasson more.
Apr 20, 2020 10:48 AM

Jun 2013
It started out funny and got serious in the end. There is not much of an adventure but it was still enjoyable to watch. The isekai genre is over-saturated so anime like these are a nice change from the conventional ones. Hope we get to see more in season 2.
Apr 21, 2020 3:14 AM
Sep 2019
I think the ending is so damn good, glad to see that smiling face come up from listarte again
Apr 24, 2020 10:54 PM

Aug 2019
yeh this anime was aight, used this anime as a chill back comedy series and well got what i wanted
definitely took the Isekai genre and messed about with it a bit to make it feel more unique, maybe like Bofuri but less toned down. Comedy was definitely on point and found myself laughing a lot throughout the series, definitely had very cracked comedy that would reach out to gremlin neets like myself and the fan service oh baby the sweet sweet fan service
There's a lot. Maybe an under statement but you could definitely tell they were practically scratching the boundaries with some of the scenes they pulled XD i aignt complaining those scenes added more fuel to the weird furnace in my head that shouldn't be lit in the first place.
But serious notes last 2 episodes were definitely a surprise, i think the lead up to the reveal felt really rushed and out of posture which isn't always a bad thing, we got insight to why he's so cautious in the first place and a good lead up to a possible season 2??
on a very serious note, Adenela is a precious cinnamon roll and has to protected at all cost
They were very shallow on what exactly happens during the ritual where Valkyrie passes Gate Of Valhalla to Seiya but i still want her to stomp my face in.
Apr 25, 2020 11:42 AM

Jun 2015
Too much emotion for a comedy show but i love it. Can't wait for ss2
I kinda feels bad for Seiya. Let's the man rest, why summon him to save the world again lol
Shinn_AsukaApr 25, 2020 11:45 AM
Apr 27, 2020 5:51 PM

Dec 2012
That was pretty good...
Apr 29, 2020 12:52 AM
Oct 2017
Dear God I hope this stays done, no more thank you.
May 4, 2020 4:24 AM

Mar 2010
This episode was sad.. glad seiya is still alive tho. Wonder how will they save the world tho
May 5, 2020 12:21 AM

Jun 2011
would've preferred if this had gone either full comedy route or serious route, instead of mishmashing and doing both terribly. Really enjoyed the first 2 episodes, but once I got the hang of the comedy style, it became unfunny and frankly predictably not enjoyable. I've had similar problem with Gintama too where I got used to the comedic style, however, Gintama has far more variant in its jokes, rather than just relying on slapstick to be funny, and Gintama has a lot more going for the series than just being predictable.

Shinchou yuusha ended up becoming just like Konosuba to me, try too hard to be funny and it took away from the moment. Also unnecessarily dramatic at times. Not too fond of the reason behind Seiya's overly cautious personality trait, when they pretty much made him overly careless previously. Having a middle ground would be nice and would make it far more relatable.

Eruru and Mash were annoying too.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
May 30, 2020 7:03 AM
Aug 2018
Ngl this isn’t really what I expected of the last 2 eps with all the emotional shit but damn it kinda hit me hard. I also wish the final battle was actually a battle not just him opening the gate and that being gg. Overall a great show with some dope characters that really do have good chemistry together.
Jun 9, 2020 1:38 PM

Jul 2019
As many others here, I am quite dissatisfied with the sudden change of the overall theme. Many aspects like the sloppy animation, the pacing and slow character development I can forgive if comedy was at the center, but all of the sudden it is supposed to be all serious and we are supposed to be pumped for a S2? I don't know about that... The comedy segment was sometimes really strong and sometimes weak but I doubt a 'serious' 2nd season with that level of production would be intersting to watch.

6/10
Jun 14, 2020 12:16 AM

Feb 2016
Looool at the end it was written on the sheet "impossibly cautious" not "overly" this time
Jun 15, 2020 9:40 AM
May 2020
I think the ending part was good but honestly, I think it could have been better if the hero could have been reborn as a god and the punishment would have been to teach him how to be a god or something like that
Jun 16, 2020 11:30 PM

Dec 2014
What a good ending. People salty their dogshit shows didn’t end as well as this one like always. Stay classy MAL.
Jul 10, 2020 4:05 AM

Jan 2017
This anime is a perfect example of how cliches are done right. It had nothing new to offer but still was so much enjoyable! 9/10 for me. I generally enjoy isekai shows but as a guilty pleasure. But this one was actually an isekai masterpiece. Definitely hoping for season 2!
Jul 14, 2020 12:38 AM

Jan 2012
Interesting how Seiya was pretty much excluded from the final events of the episode and series, but I guess with a season 2 on the way and considering the context it made sense. I'm a bit conflicted on this series as a whole. I keep going back and forth over just how much I enjoyed it. Initially I felt like the main comedic gimmick got somewhat stale and extremely repetitive. By episode 4 I'd say. With all the returns to the world of the gods and whatnot over and over again. But as I kept watching I think I eventually came to peace with it as just being an integral part of the story. Also, while I can appreciate the serious tone of the final several episodes, and the fact that some of the reveals were foreshadowed from extremely early on, the overall tonal whiplash from what came before was still at least somewhat jarring to me. I was also a bit concerned early on that Seiya might be portrayed as TOO big of a dick to like but that pretty much stopped being a concern with the dragon arc. So where does that leave me? Well I don't really see me wanting to re-watch this season ever, but at the same time I must admit that season 2 does have me interested in seeing where the story goes from here. I dunno, on a different day I could probably see myself scoring this a 7 but I'll say strong 6 out of 10. I look forward to watching the second season, assuming I live long enough and in good enough health and other circumstances to be able to do it. Hey, one can never be too careful, no? ;)
Aug 18, 2020 8:14 AM

Nov 2019
And in the end it was very much Konosuba crossed with Goblin Slayer.

Not many series can pull off the shift from side-splitting comedy to poignant drama... yet this one managed it.
Sep 28, 2020 3:04 PM

May 2015
OH YEAH! OH YEAH! OH YEAH!!!!! GOD I LOVE THIS ENDING!!! That is honestly the perfect way to end this series with us seeing the stat description of overly cautious while hearing that iconic guitar OP beginner. I will never get sick of re-watching this. I was just sitting here tearing up from the scenes even though I know what happens and the grin on my face when Ishtar went to get the sheet and then my grin got even wider when they started playing the OP. (Such a good OP btw)

Now Im really curious if the Light Novel continues after this. I bought Vol 1 and read chapter one but stopped cause it was kind of like the Konosuba LN in the way its kind of just scene for scene exactly like the anime without the voice acting and animation. If I find out the story does continue I'll definitely power through the anime portion of the LN and get to that new content. I absolutely love Seiya and want to see more of him. Well, time to check if it continues or not.

This series is beautiful gold. By far one of my favourite comedies/series. Honestly the more I think about the more this is just a superior Konosuba. Its Konosuba with an actual plot and the characters have depth besides comedy lol. Dont get me wrong I like Konosuba but it doesnt hold a candle to this masterpiece of an anime. God I love this series. (This is my second re-watch)
DarknessRealitySep 28, 2020 3:13 PM
Yuritopia FTW!!!!!!!!! BANZAI TO YURI !!!!!!!!!!!!
Oct 2, 2020 1:54 AM

Jun 2020
oh .. wow .. from laughter to tears ..

Like others, I started to get suspicious after ep 3, but I never imagined there could be that kind of connection between Ristarte and Seiya.

I really hope for a second season!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'm sorry but I don't know English very well.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Oct 20, 2020 9:18 AM

Jul 2013
This has a very good love story for what it's trying to do.
Nov 21, 2020 10:00 AM

Nov 2018
The fight between Seiya and Demon Lord was lackluster because is short period of time the fight happen and using Valhalla Gate twice without even know they have upgrade version on it.

When Seiya dying, the atmosphere of drama was in there was great with Seiya thankful to Eruru, Mash, and Rista. The top drama is when Seiya realize Rista is Tiara in previous life and Felling Happy that this time him can save her from death.

Rosalie is respect to Seiya after he save Gaebrande from Demon Lord and He call it him as A True Hero From All.

Mash and Eruru become Kingdom Knight and promise to Rista to have spend Fun Time with them when she meet again.

Rista still missed Seiya so much that effect him to do activity at heavenly. Other Character are meet Rista to cheer her.

When trial punishment happen Rista lacks the spirits of life because still missed Seiya, I fell pity to her. But when Rista know punishment is to save previous failed world tha aria failed to save with Seiya from all over again,That makes me really relieve and happy at same time.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Overall Great Anime that was a breath of fresh air for Isekai Genre with Comedy, Story later that have drama at few last episode ,but action was lackluster and few side Character that not take much part to be remember.
Overall Anime Score : 7.5 / 10
(A 8/ 10 to round off the score)
Yunohi-kunDec 1, 2020 7:46 PM
Jan 9, 2021 7:55 AM

Jan 2017
Props to this show for managing to handle the feels part well for a mostly-comedic story, almost no side characters are unlikeable except uh.... Rosalie?

I'll probably watch S2 if it were to air, the premise of Seiya returning back to the world he was defeated had me intrigued
Mar 4, 2021 11:18 PM

Jan 2013
I liked the ending more than I thought I would considering the 11th episode basically ruined the show for me. They destroyed the entire tone of the anime, and I'm supposed to actually feel something between him and the godess when their relationship has been nothing but emotionally abusive the entire show? lol

Raised my score from a 3 to a 4.
If you reply back to me and I never respond, I lost interest and don't care. Sorry about that.
Mar 9, 2021 11:51 AM
Feb 2021
I have mixed feelings about the end of the show but overall it was a nice ending and they managed to put everything in the last two episodes regarding the background of the characters.
Apr 24, 2021 2:57 PM

May 2015
I still can't stop grinning when I hear that guitar start playing and seeing the text "Impossibly cautious". I love series that have a theme and stick with it. I also love series that do this where the way they end is a nod to the way they started.

I really want to go read the light novel as it goes past this first season but I just don't have the spare time. I got the first 4 volumes and I can't wait to read them. Also got the collectors edition of this series which is a great addition to my collection.

Such a good series this.
Yuritopia FTW!!!!!!!!! BANZAI TO YURI !!!!!!!!!!!!
Apr 25, 2021 5:38 AM

Sep 2012
i almost drew this anime out, planned to del from my list when i so him die

what changed my mind was the head goddess reveling that second gate destroyed the permanent death effect

i just hate tragic endings, side chars die left and right but MC and Heroine can't die
Apr 29, 2021 7:47 PM

Oct 2019
It's kinda tragic as it was said if the hero (Seiya) died his soul would return to his original world, but he ended up keep getting recycled even after his first death (ep 11 flashback), and soon his 3rd cycle on upcoming summoning, thus his soul wouldn't ever receive a peaceful rest for plot purpose. With ignoring some facts and all, this is a fine gag anime I've seen in a while, except maybe last 2 dramatic episodes.

8/10
May 1, 2021 3:20 PM

Apr 2013
I didn't expect a pretty emotional finale
Definitely one of the strongest and most fitting finale out of the shows I've seen in recent years and make me see the show in more positive note
May 28, 2021 11:01 PM

May 2015
Wow, that demon had three phases, I'm sort of glad that Seiya and Ristarte took the big risks they did. Because even with that sword and armor, I don't think they would have been prepared enough otherwise to handle that OP S class demon lord. My only complaint is that cheery cliffhanger left me wanting more! Other than that, I really enjoyed this show and this was a great finale. 10/10
Jun 1, 2021 4:51 PM

Jul 2016
I mean... of course Seiya would survive because of some random ass-pull. Now Ristarte only has to re-summon him again so that he can keep treating her like shit until someone tells him she's actually his lover from a previous life.

Quite the terrible show overall. Not even Ristarte's horniness could save it. Comedy and serious tone never merged well together and Seiya's "cautious" personality is simply unbearable no matter how many sob stories you try to give to his one-dimensional character.

2/10
Jun 3, 2021 10:27 AM

Aug 2017
Seiya died but he's going to be reincarnated again to defeat another Demon Lord in a more powerful world yet Rista healing powers were revoked in that world. I thought she was going to live with Seiya on Earth but I was wrong. The anime doesn't explain well reincarnations, the real world or even why Seiya can't remember his previous life in the fantasy world but it looks like he can in the real world. Im kinda confused in this aspect and unnecessarily complicated.

Besides that aspect, the anime is really good, comedy is funny and they explained why he's so cautious. A second season is possible but unfortunately I can't take the main joke seriously once his past here is revelated. 7/10 for the anime.

dankzel said:
enJ0Yable said:
Can somebody explain to me why Ristarte is able to "re-select" Seiya again? And how is it possible that he was already the hero of the other world 100 years ago? These two things are completely illogical for me...

This was explained in the novels but not in the show for some reason. I don't know why they didn't use the extra 30 seconds to explain the time concept.

Basically, time in the Gods realm goes much slower than in the "other" worlds. So 100 years in the Gods realm is the equivalent to 1 year in Seiya's world. Basically, after Seiya failed in Exfolia, he got sent back to Japan and an entire year has passed. Even though he doesn't remember what happened in the other world since he died, he still has that sense of regret and guilt from not being able to save Tiana, which is why his personality changed so much. On the other hand, Rista got reincarnated as a goddess at the same time, but since time flows much slower in the Gods realm, 100 years has passed by for her in that same period of time. That is how she was able to save a few other worlds (5 I think), but she's still considered a "rookie" amongst the Gods.

tl;dr - 100 years in the God realm has passed for Rista while 1 year in Japan has passed for Seiya since they failed in Exfolia.

As for the reselect thing, there isn't really a rule about not being able to reselect a hero. The only "snag" for Seiya was that his soul was potentially destroyed by the chain of destruction, so he would not have been able to return to his old world and just cease to exist (but obviously the chain of destruction effect was stopped as we later learn). If you just die regularly as a hero, you just get taken back to your original planet/home and just lose all your memories of when you were a hero (albeit there is a little loophole with this as well, but you'll only see it with the second season or if you continue reading).

Thanks for explaining that. I was very confused with the whole "100 years", "reincarnation", "real world". That information is very important.
NurguburuJun 3, 2021 10:35 AM
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Jun 6, 2021 1:02 PM

Aug 2017
Show was good... ending is lame. Her punishment was to take another world with Seiya again? How is that a punishment? On top of that she keeps her Godly status? Lame. We didn't even see Seiya fight the demon king
Jul 20, 2021 3:24 AM

Jul 2015
Never thought watching a mc who spent more time training in the divine realm than fighting the demons on Gaeabrande would be enjoyable but Seiya really proved me wrong. Overall pretty great series from its mostly comedic moments to its serious end. Even though the final is satisfying enough to end things, I like the fact that there is a possibility for second season.

Jul 24, 2021 12:47 AM

Sep 2015
GPU said:
Show was good... ending is lame. Her punishment was to take another world with Seiya again? How is that a punishment? On top of that she keeps her Godly status? Lame. We didn't even see Seiya fight the demon king

It is a punishment. The world is already destroyed and taken over by an SS Demon Lord, meanwhile Seiya starts back at level 1 and Ristarte is just a regular human with no power, so what do you mean by Godly Status?

There is no chance of them succeeding
Sep 28, 2021 11:51 AM

Apr 2013
So as expected all is fine in the end and Ristarte can start into another adventure with Seiya. No big surprises there.

For a pretty good show the last two episodes were quite disappointing tbh. I mean the second half already was a bit less interesting, but still good. The hero was definitely overly cautious, but actually not that overpowered. Don't think I need a second season of this. 6/10
Jan 13, 2022 8:29 AM
Aug 2010
It was a decent beginning, got a bit boring in the middl and the last 2 episodes were a pretty good twist. Overall a pretty decent Isekai 7.2/10 It's interesting enough to watch a sequel, if we'll ever get one.
Jan 18, 2022 6:03 AM
Mar 2021
This was a really good anime. I came here for some comedy, because I was exhausted by watching serious anime, twist at the end was really good. I totally loved it.
Pages (6) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shinchou Yuusha: Kono Yuusha ga Ore Tueee Kuse ni Shinchou Sugiru Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 28, 2019

272 by poppaccino »»
Mar 31, 4:31 PM

Poll: » Shinchou Yuusha: Kono Yuusha ga Ore Tueee Kuse ni Shinchou Sugiru Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 9, 2019

179 by Beatnik »»
Jan 19, 2:49 AM

Poll: » Shinchou Yuusha: Kono Yuusha ga Ore Tueee Kuse ni Shinchou Sugiru Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 6, 2019

135 by Ayano_Kuma »»
Nov 8, 2023 4:57 AM

Poll: » Shinchou Yuusha: Kono Yuusha ga Ore Tueee Kuse ni Shinchou Sugiru Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 25, 2019

208 by brunoyilli »»
Oct 31, 2023 7:51 PM

Poll: » Shinchou Yuusha: Kono Yuusha ga Ore Tueee Kuse ni Shinchou Sugiru Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 18, 2019

94 by brunoyilli »»
Oct 31, 2023 9:30 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.