Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (12) « First ... « 9 10 [11] 12 »
Jan 25, 2018 8:02 PM

Nov 2011
Rodmmc said:
Was I the only person who got annoyed by the fact that they put the robots to fight each other? I mean... they are supposed to take care of them so in case of an attack they'll be ready to go.

Yes because they needed to see how capable of pilot Hiro could be in a mock battle. Also none of the other pairings have any combat experience like Zero Two does. So they also need to learn how to fight.

johnmcmahon said:
This is honestly such a bad anime I can't believe anyone could actually enjoy watching this..

This is honestly such a bad troll job. I can't believe anyone could actually enjoy trolling like this.
Demyx_IXJan 25, 2018 8:13 PM
Jan 25, 2018 9:04 PM

Jan 2013
Man, reading a lot of the comments on here and elsewhere I just hope that Japan never listens to any input even any discussion from anybody else in the world especially those who speak/write English but from their own people to what they wanna do in anime to tell the story they wanna tell.

The downright immaturity just two episodes in are so disturbing with disgusting weak pussy whooped white knights and their SJW female overlords over 2D pictures being sexualized is so petty, delusional and so damn stupid! Where are these idiots on all hentai related topics at? Phony as hell, 2D got rights, yo! They are 2D idiots the ages that are given to characters aren't real but to establish a story so sexualizing "children" is absurd! Again this ain't REAL LIFE! So much cesspool for this anime from fake anime fans. Filthy casual fans should stay out.

What happened to actual dialogue in forums? Damn shame. I quite enjoying these last 2 episodes very much and looking forward to more despite it being heavy on A-1 and not so much on Trigger involvement.

johnmcmahon said:
This is honestly such a bad anime I can't believe anyone could actually enjoy watching this..

You made a new account just to write that? What a loser! Nobody knows who you are to begin with (unless you know them for real) if you was on your real account. So pathetic and ridiculous.
radleJan 25, 2018 9:15 PM
Jan 25, 2018 9:36 PM

Nov 2007
radle said:
Man, reading a lot of the comments on here and elsewhere I just hope that Japan never listens to any input even any discussion from anybody else in the world especially those who speak/write English but from their own people to what they wanna do in anime to tell the story they wanna tell.

I hope Japan doesn't listen to Japan itself. How come Leader-chan is now more popular than Horny? At least in MAL it is obvious who is more popular and I can see why. Leader-chan is our childhood friend who would have been only relevant if this were a shoujo manga. No matter how I see it, she just doesn't have any chance.

Anyways, I wonder when MAL plans to change the other 8 kids to main characters as they are listed in the official website.
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Jan 25, 2018 11:25 PM

May 2016
Wow so ridiing that thing with doggy is how you pilot that thing, Japan comes up with weird ideas.

Poor Ichigo it's obvious that the successful connection require love between the two so she finally,
Understood that Hiro doesn't have a feeling for her.

Loved the fact how 02 ditched that guy with the honey xD
Jan 26, 2018 2:22 AM

Oct 2015
shanimebib said:
radle said:

I hope Japan doesn't listen to Japan itself. How come Leader-chan is now more popular than Horny? At least in MAL it is obvious who is more popular and I can see why. Leader-chan is our childhood friend who would have been only relevant if this were a shoujo manga. No matter how I see it, she just doesn't have any chance.

Anyways, I wonder when MAL plans to change the other 8 kids to main characters as they are listed in the official website.

According to pixiv art, 02 is still more popular than Ichigo. I need a source for your statement.
Jan 26, 2018 5:48 AM

Dec 2012
That riding position tho

Jan 26, 2018 7:52 AM

Nov 2007
Prog_upworks13 said:
shanimebib said:

According to pixiv art, 02 is still more popular than Ichigo. I need a source for your statement.

According to pixiv Eli would win against Honoka but polls say otherwise. Check out the comments in 2ch. The number of slandering comments is astronomical and most of them are directed towards Horny and her darling. I am not saying 2ch is absolute but that's one of the biggest online discussion boards for anime in Japan as far as I know and this anime is a hot topic right now but for all the wrong reasons. Comparing board by board, I can safely say MAL's take on this anime is much better.

OT: Last year's top anime has been published by 2ch a couple of weeks back which I completely missed. I really need to see Kemono Friends and Princess Principal to see what Japan saw in these two shows that went under my radar.
Coronavirus.
Jan 26, 2018 7:56 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Kiss? What is it? Is it some to eat? kekeke
Jan 26, 2018 8:41 AM

Aug 2016
Ranxomare said:
Kiss? What is it? Is it some to eat? kekeke

I wonder if users with thousands of comments in a few years even mean anything behind their posts or just spit at random in order to increase postcount?
Jan 26, 2018 9:15 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
@SilentNox , I suppose that you are boring, very boring!!! Thanks for your compliments!!! Sorry, but I will answer your question because it´s unnecessary, you can think what you want!!!
I remember you that this topic is for speak about the series, to discussion some scene or all the episode, or just comment an anecdote, not for boring questions!!!
Thanks and I hope you enjoy this mecha series when the most important is the "rapport of the couple"!!! kekeke
Jan 26, 2018 6:00 PM

Oct 2015
shanimebib said:
Prog_upworks13 said:

According to pixiv Eli would win against Honoka but polls say otherwise. Check out the comments in 2ch. The number of slandering comments is astronomical and most of them are directed towards Horny and her darling. I am not saying 2ch is absolute but that's one of the biggest online discussion boards for anime in Japan as far as I know and this anime is a hot topic right now but for all the wrong reasons. Comparing board by board, I can safely say MAL's take on this anime is much better.

OT: Last year's top anime has been published by 2ch a couple of weeks back which I completely missed. I really need to see Kemono Friends and Princess Principal to see what Japan saw in these two shows that went under my radar.

oh ok . thank you for your Information
Jan 27, 2018 6:03 AM

Feb 2014
ofc trigger would make something like connecting perverted lmao but enjoying it so far
Jan 27, 2018 6:53 AM

Apr 2015
this show is a really big 'meh' if not for zero two. aside from the really unnerving "working in the plantation" thing.
>I had no brain when I was 12
>Then everyone must had no brain when they were 12
>I experimented 100 samples and proved that they had no brain when they were 12
>Therefore children cannot consent

This is what science has done to humanity.
Jan 27, 2018 8:13 AM

Jul 2014
Frodock42 said:
-Stray said:

Well yeah, thanks for pointing out the obvious Einstein.

So you wanted to make a stupid point on purpose?

Nah, you're just too stupid to understand what I was getting at.
Jan 27, 2018 8:26 AM

Jun 2009
That's me watching this episode:

Boringggg. I don't care about the drama. The characters are meh. Zero Two is the only somewhat interesting one.
Jan 27, 2018 9:09 AM

Jan 2014
Sexiest Anime of the Season
Jan 27, 2018 4:02 PM

Feb 2013
Innuendo much?
This anime is off to a somewhat dumb start. Squad leader cutie doesn't do it for him.
Jan 27, 2018 8:25 PM

Jan 2013
shanimebib said:

Who cares who is popular.... Dunno why some would care about that such a thing.
I only care about how the story and characters will turn out and don't want it to be changed no matter the input and that includes cesspool comments from English speakers on MAL, 4chan, Reddit etc but the people involved in the show.
Jan 27, 2018 8:49 PM

Nov 2007
radle said:
shanimebib said:

Who cares who is popular.... Dunno why some would care about that such a thing.
I only care about how the story and characters will turn out and don't want it to be changed no matter the input and that includes cesspool comments from English speakers on MAL, 4chan, Reddit etc but the people involved in the show.

Japan never changed anything based on what Westerners (mind it, majority of the countries are West to Japan) think so you shouldn't even mention what you mentioned in the first place, which came off as if you were worried to some extent.

Japanese animators (including authors), however, do consider popularity of characters within Japan from time to time to change approach of their story because it is within Japan where they generate the major share of their revenues from. So, my point is valid.
Coronavirus.
Jan 27, 2018 9:42 PM
Jul 2015
really likes this episode! the side characters got a bit more depth (even tho they are mostly archetypes) and I was most surprised about Goro, was expecting him to be the take-no-shit leader but he's quite likable, hoping their archetypes will expand as the series continues. also hoping Hiro gets more interesting, he's not giving me many reason to root for him yet. It's only episode 2 tho so they have 22 more episodes to make characters more fleshed out.
also, all of the sex jokes, golden
Jan 27, 2018 10:32 PM

Jan 2013
shanimebib said:
Japan never changed anything based on what Westerners (mind it, majority of the countries are West to Japan) think so you shouldn't even mention what you mentioned in the first place, which came off as if you were worried to some extent.

Japanese animators (including authors), however, do consider popularity of characters within Japan from time to time to change approach of their story because it is within Japan where they generate the major share of their revenues from. So, my point is valid.

Your point is valid? What in the world are you going on about? Are we having two entirely different conversations? I not once invalidated your comment whatsoever and I have already stated I don't care about some stupid ass popularity poll. You brought that up I didn't.

If you understand that the Japanese don't listen to Western input why are you even replying to me then? I've already known for a long time that the majority of them do not listen but there's always that chance that they might including from pussy whooped males and their psycho white female overlords.

Anyways, feel free to imagine anything more about my comment including my worries that's not even in my head. It is completely irrelevant to me as my statement still stands.
Jan 28, 2018 6:44 AM

Jul 2012
HAIEHIUAHEIAUHEIUAHEAHIUAHEIUAHUAIH
WHO KNEW PILOTING MECHAS WAS THIS SEXY HUH?
Sorry, it is not bad...but I can take it seriously XD
THE INNUENDOS ARE EVERYWHERE.

And I guess in the end Hiro could not hold his boner. Oh well, that happens kiddo.

The robots look like some kinda of Mecha Sailor Moon.

Jan 29, 2018 5:01 PM

Mar 2016
The short blonde boy is so annoying, I hope he doesn't continue to be like this for the rest of the show.
Other than that, enjoying it so far.
"Wonder is always difficult until you forgive whoever destroyed your love of surprises"  Edmond Manning

Jan 30, 2018 1:25 PM

Jan 2011
After watching episode 1 and from this one the opening I felt like „hmm … could be cool enough for a mecha show. Great beasts, great animation style, OP cool nice girls, nice Eva-Misato sister etc. Could be some nice eureka7/stardriver/eva mix.“ Then I saw the „cockpit mechanics“ and now this whole show is comedy to me. xD Well, the high ratings are gone with this dealbreaker, but I will watch this for the lols till the end. And who knows, maybe the stroyline and chra development will rise in quality like Eva did. ^^
Jan 30, 2018 11:13 PM
Nov 2016
Man, apart from Ichigo and Zero Two, these characters are annoying or boring as hell.

Feb 2, 2018 5:01 AM

Dec 2015
Hmmm, I was kinda expecting more tbh, but it's gonna be 24 eps long, so I guess it's unavoidable that it'll drag out.
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Feb 2, 2018 10:10 AM
Feb 2018
THIS SHOW IS GROSS. I have no problem with fanservice, but this show's thesis is there is one way to have sex, and that is a man dominating a woman. The mechs don't work with same sex couples, so any chance of real subversion is out of the question. The woman HAS to be on the humiliating fuck chair and the dude HAS to be sitting behind her, ogling and being useless. And I get that they are trying to subvert their own SHITTY RULES by having the girl be more sexually driven than the guy, but if they had any real interest in changing the status quo or if they had any real balls, Hiro would be the one crouching in front of Zero Two with his ass in the air.
The show is gross. It's saying NOTHING about sexuality or anime tropes. You can like the butts if you want to, but if you think it's deep, you're lying to yourself.
ohpoorfishFeb 2, 2018 10:14 AM
Feb 4, 2018 8:33 PM

Aug 2017
LMAO This episode caught me off guard haha! The fanservice is still out of place but at least this episode was a bit more slow than the first. The piloting thing is weird. Zero Two is annoying and please no more forced drama. 2/5
NurguburuFeb 4, 2018 9:04 PM
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Feb 6, 2018 5:08 AM

Jan 2013
Something is off with this series.
It's not ridiculous enough, so it's just a constant cringe-fest.
Feb 7, 2018 10:17 PM
Jul 2018
Although kinda odd, I fw the opening. But the ending is straight fye.
Feb 9, 2018 9:03 AM
Oct 2016
VanishingKira said:
So he couldn't get it up with Ichigo kek

Your comment made my day..
Feb 9, 2018 12:56 PM

Aug 2013
Piloting a mecha, doggy style.

It was an okay episode. The short guy was annoying. He needs to be taught a lesson.

Feb 9, 2018 2:17 PM
Dec 2017
Normally I try to stay out of the bickering section. But after reading the comments I just can't take it today. For those who think the show is all about sex, you've missed the point. This show is one great big, fan service/innuendo filled metaphor for relationships as a whole. A hint to this is given in ep. 1, when Dr. Franxx gives his spiel about the iron maiden revealing her true form. He says 2 hearts becoming 1 is the key to the transformation. So lets think about that for a second and contrast it to the partner pairing system in the show. The parental figure "papa" and his minions pair them up based on compatibility figures NOT personal feelings. This is a shot at arranged relationships vs choosing the partner your heart desires. That’s why Hiro can’t pilot with anyone but zero-two. During the mock battle zero-2 wanted to pilot with him again and he was happy about it. But Ichigo basically told him to stfu and be with her instead. Again reinforcing the choice vs force dynamic when he could only partner with her for a few seconds before the suit shut down.

Zero-2 is looking for her “darling”, so she has been willing to pilot with whoever the brass wanted. But because they either view her as a weapon or a monster they can’t accept her and she’s forced to take control of the suit and place immense stress on her partner, eventually killing them. This shows up in ep.3 where she pilots with the other boy, everything is fine at first because she’s accepting it at Hiros request. But when Hiro is insulted, she takes control of the mech and leaves her co-pilot a bloody mess in the end.

As far as the riding position in the suit goes, yes it’s obvious. No doubt about that. BUT there’s a reason for it as well. Two people have to come together to produce the energy required to get it to move. This is a metaphor for procreation. The woman controls the vehicle (womb), and the man has to plug in/connect to her to create the energy required to move (life). That’s also why the same sex thing a couple people were bitching about won’t work, it takes both male and female to create life (energy). There is also hints of subversion in the show, but sorry I don’t think it has anything to do with Hiro being the “bottom” to a domineering female. If that was the case, then Ichigo forcing their pairing would have worked out, but it didn’t. The flip comes with hiro/02, they repeatedly state that they want to work together but those in charge refuse it. Again force vs choice. In ep. 4 Hiro finally decides that the leaders can suck it and chases after her to confess his feelings. She of course accepts and returns them. The two of them then move forward as a team, crossing boundaries they couldn’t do alone. When they get to the battlefield the teammates who have been forced to pair are having a very difficult time, but hiro/02 seem to have no trouble at all. Part of this is undoubtedly because of zero-2, but its stated that the stamen (hiro) is the one in control, so why the lack of trouble? Again, it’s to show the power that comes from choosing the one you’re with. There is inherently going to be more trust, compassion, and a greater willingness to work together to progress. Whereas the forced pairs don’t have a say, so they end up working against each other and struggling, the trust and companionship just isn’t the same.

There’s more I could write, but my poop break is over so I hope this helps shed some light on things. Just my 2cents worth
Feb 11, 2018 2:12 AM
Dec 2009
Oh man, I feel so bad for 015 Ichigo. She really likes Hiro and can’t save with him, can’t link with him, it’s like technology is telling her to her face that they’re a bad match. Really heartbreaking, at least they got it over with fast instead of dragging it out for half the series.

I can’t see myself shipping dinosaur girl with Hiro. She’s too much of a “mystery” and “crazy” character cliche for me to really care about, at least so far.
Feb 11, 2018 4:03 AM

Sep 2013
The piloting style is so weird lol
Feb 12, 2018 2:05 PM
Mar 2008
After all of this (these 11 pages) i still dont get how anybody can scream "SEXISM" and shit like that when Franxx makes clear that it isnt in any way, shape or form.
Are people looking at those positions and immediately scream all over the place without even using their brain to think beyond that, thus seeing what Franxx is actually doing?
Man, those little special snowflakes.....
@gtrmotorc7 is one of the few on MAL (or elsewhere even, i had a 3 day long discussion about this idiotic "sexism" shit) that actually gets it.
You dont have to be a damn scientist or have an IQ over 150 to get this.
Feb 12, 2018 10:45 PM

Jun 2016
Doggy style control.... GENIUS!

Yeah I still like this a lot, however I can't really see where it's going yet. Well, it's 24 episodes, so I guess that's fine.

What really keeps me engaged is how damn good it looks so far. The animation of the hair is especially amazing. And those character designs.
Feb 15, 2018 3:00 AM
Dec 2017
opening pretty cool... but i didn't like how they use piloting system... its look like everytime girls in front in bad shape.. i mean something else.. still i liking this anime
Feb 16, 2018 10:00 PM

Jan 2013
Decent amount of drama. Solid second episode.
Feb 18, 2018 11:58 AM

Sep 2017
Many cliche's but I'm enjoying the heck out of them anyway. I can agree the male MC seems a bit bland (and I specified male because 02 is just as much MC as far as I can see) but since there seems to be a point to Zero Two being the dominant one in the partnership at this stage, it's necessary.

Assuming that along with their abilities, their dynamic is what will set them apart from the status quo.The male female pairs with the male in the driving seat appearing to be in a dominant position visually, and the fact that the "guys" in charge all seem to be old men, likely leads to an assumption of unequal roles. However the fact that all 02's previous partners couldn't keep up and died as a result - along with the thing in the first ep about the birds with one wing each, suggests that for piloting equality is actually essential. Since the message seems to be if they're not in perfect harmony, they're not effective
Feb 21, 2018 2:43 PM

Jul 2016
And those guys in white with robotic voices are like SEELE from Evangelion.

But my score just shot up from 6 to 8 because of the delicious ass shots when the girls were changing. I started to get a boner. And the doggy style sex position for girls inside a FRANXX.
Feb 24, 2018 1:01 PM
Jun 2017
JGChaves said:
Guys, the answer to the question plaguing Hiro's mind is in the promotional images of the anime

See? All the couples are depicted with the girl in the left and the boy in the right, except for Hiro and Zero Two. Clearly this is a hint! The reason Hiro can't pilot with the other girls is because he can't be the dom in a relationship and needs a girl willing to take the top for him.
I'm done with MAL. This is the type of shit I'm talking about. I used to laugh at shit like this. Now I'm actually considering the possibility that you're right.

Fml
Mar 4, 2018 4:26 PM
Sep 2014
DW_lazy said:
TTGL is dick metaphors and this show is sex metaphors, got it!

Damn, you're right
Mar 4, 2018 6:42 PM

Sep 2017
Why is this episode so popular in MAL ??

ボールルームダンサー
Mar 13, 2018 5:46 PM
Feb 2017
What's with all the innuendos.. all this fan service is starting to ruin it.
Mar 15, 2018 5:33 AM

Sep 2011
With those asses and moaning, I don't know what I'm watching.

Mar 24, 2018 5:43 AM

Aug 2016
That "you were awful" hit me lol.

Set by SenpieX
Mar 25, 2018 9:42 AM

Jun 2013
OP song is okay. Not a fan tbh. The singer sounds like she's high with a clogged nose.

Ichigo is cute and reminds me of Megumi from Shokugeki no Souma because of her blue hair and also because she probably has a crush on the angsty MC but MC only sees pink.

MC is a fucking eyesore. His personality, design and everything about him. He gives me a fucking heartburn every time I see him. 02/Zero Two is way too alpha for that drama queen. 02 needs a harem of male bitches she could step on and dominate, she's obviously a femdom and Hiro doesn't even deserve to be her bitch. I can't believe people actually ship then. I much rather see 02 in a femdom hentai pegging her pigs.

Loving the fanservice with how they suit up to the doggy style piloting. I wish there was actual sex and fucking in this series like they did in Devilman Crybaby (yes I know it's a different creator and studio) but no, Japanese creators love innuendoes but only few of them have the balls to actually incude it in their series/works.

It was hilarious when Ichigo asked why Hiro couldnt get it up at first. Poor Ichigo, you'll never orgasm that way.
臭い-
Apr 4, 2018 6:43 AM

Jul 2013
So many annoying character tropes in this show. The loser protagonist, the heroine that likes him, and an annoying jealous mofo who's desperate for recognizition. I just want Hiro to be able to pilot a robot normally.
Apr 20, 2018 8:08 AM

Dec 2014
I believe I prefer Ichigo

edit: this show is weird, I don't know why, it just feels like it
Pages (12) « First ... « 9 10 [11] 12 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Darling in the FranXX Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 6, 2018

345 by Modek69 »»
7 hours ago

Poll: » Darling in the FranXX Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 14, 2018

1502 by imsevlol »»
Oct 4, 6:47 AM

Poll: » Darling in the FranXX Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 5, 2018

367 by cloudalpha »»
Sep 30, 8:21 AM

Poll: » Darling in the FranXX Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 7, 2018

647 by cloudalpha »»
Sep 30, 8:20 AM

Poll: » Darling in the FranXX Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 10, 2018

363 by 143eitasasaki »»
Sep 21, 10:07 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.