Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »
Oct 21, 2019 3:33 PM

Jul 2015
GOD, I'm a freaking moron. I pissed myself off watching this episode because of the tickle scene. People were making such a big deal about on my social media, both defending and attacking it, and I spent 2 DAYS PREPARING FOR IT. And it was literally the most nothing thing ever. Can't even call it fan-service... Episode was good though and Bubble Girl is cute and blue and I like blue.
A Wild and Small Otaku has Appeared!
Oct 21, 2019 4:11 PM
Case is closed!

Jan 2019
I think it ’s difficult to require the humor for Deku. But, I'm sure he can join Sir Nighteye's agency because Mirio's gags are not good neither.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 21, 2019 9:42 PM
Mar 2017
Well ... things got serious and very dangerous, Overhaul is a character that I liked very much and his quirk is just as lethal as Shigaraki's, but I still think Overhaul has more to offer.

For a moment I thought that Overhaul would agree to work alongside Shigaraki's group, but they were not in the same harmony and this ended with the death of Magne in the hands of Overhaul, I must admit that the way Magne exploded was quite bloody and graphic, Compress then makes the same mistake and ends up losing his arm, but I don't think Shigaraki leaves things this way anyway.

Izuku wants to do his internship with Sir Nighteye, but apparently things are not very good between All Might and Sir Nighteye, besides he believes that Izuku should perfect his quirk first, but in the end he gives in and asks Mirio to present Izuku.
That little moment with Nejire was too beautiful and the good Mirio is still very funny, I'm glad he can help Izuku.

I can finally see Bubble Girl again, she is so cute and Sir Nighteye is so cruel with that "torture" against her.
I must admit that Sir Nighteye has a gaze that would make any villain shit in his pants, but the most important thing is that Izuku ruined his first impression with who his future mentor will be.
Oct 22, 2019 2:01 AM
Aug 2017
Let's just started by saying the way this episode was started oh my God bloody brilliant. And the fact that midoriya pissed-off the the sidekick of all might even better. Cant wait till s4 gets deaper
Oct 22, 2019 2:02 AM

May 2016
I don't care of the villains in this anime to be honest. Overhaul is just another generic villian tbh~
Oct 22, 2019 2:47 AM

Jun 2015
I can't wait to see more of Sir Nighteye in the future! Also I find League of Villains to be really amusing. They just know shit about being evil. Cute, lil kittens that hiss at everything and think that they're scary and tough.
Oct 22, 2019 5:05 AM

Apr 2018
Looks like there will be more villains and they sure look strong.
Oct 22, 2019 7:07 AM

Sep 2011
I enjoyed the villain clash a tad bit even if its a bit corny, other than that kind of a forgettable episode.

Meew2 said:
Introducing a new villain, (which will probably be a McGuffin) and sidelining the old ones when we already have an anti-hero sort of sounds like impulsive writing to me.
The plot is going to get dragged through the mud it seems.
It depends on how they handle them throughout the arc, if they are also active and going against the arc villain group then thats actually pretty interesting, if they just yeet themselves from the plot until the very end though then thats just bad writing.

I like the Idea of shiggy as a villain alot, him growing parallel to the main character, but I do think the series really needs to kick it into gear with him and actually make him more of a threat if hes gonna be the main antagonist. Cause so far him and league of villains have pretty much only jobbed and it wasnt exactly a show of power for overhaul to throw them off this episode, when its essentially been the norm for them to lose their cool or lose outright. This arc SHOULD be the opportunity to expand on him alot and assert his dominance over a rising rival so hopefully it doesnt waste that
JizzyHitlerOct 22, 2019 7:18 AM

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Oct 22, 2019 9:33 AM

Mar 2016
JizzyHitler said:
I enjoyed the villain clash a tad bit even if its a bit corny, other than that kind of a forgettable episode.

Meew2 said:
Introducing a new villain, (which will probably be a McGuffin) and sidelining the old ones when we already have an anti-hero sort of sounds like impulsive writing to me.
The plot is going to get dragged through the mud it seems.
It depends on how they handle them throughout the arc, if they are also active and going against the arc villain group then thats actually pretty interesting, if they just yeet themselves from the plot until the very end though then thats just bad writing.

I like the Idea of shiggy as a villain alot, him growing parallel to the main character, but I do think the series really needs to kick it into gear with him and actually make him more of a threat if hes gonna be the main antagonist. Cause so far him and league of villains have pretty much only jobbed and it wasnt exactly a show of power for overhaul to throw them off this episode, when its essentially been the norm for them to lose their cool or lose outright. This arc SHOULD be the opportunity to expand on him alot and assert his dominance over a rising rival so hopefully it doesnt waste that

Most critique of anything in this medium comes with a staunch defense of escapism usually projected from the defense. It's refreshing to see someone using their brain for once.
To be against a sense of escapism (especially in anime/manga/any form of media) isn't my intention, however; being in the garden is fine, it's when we're traveling to Mars (metaphorically speaking) that's when it gets a bit ridiculous.

Coming from someone who can only assume how it's going to play out, (since I haven't read the manga) I'm only seeing relatively similar plot-lines based on other anime/real life media I've consumed. The chances of this being different in that respect are incredibly slim. I just want to get it across that this isn't cynicism.

Shigaraki, at least from the writers perspective, is a dead character at this point. If this character doesn't have a break-away moment he's going to be left behind. The Yakuza are here to replace him; quite literally, Kouhei seems to acknowledge this, which sort of breaks the 4th wall for me a bit.
Kouhei is juggling way too many balls at once. As previously said, in retrospect, we already have Katsuki as an anti-hero - we don't need this forced faction to come in and bug Shigaraki. Simply put, the only way to put it: this is shounen jump material. It has to up the anti constantly and the story is going to pay for it.
The story so far, don't even get me started. I would've preferred if Deku denied All Might's advancements and became sort of an anti-hero himself or a Batman-like hero (with no powers).
Would've been original. I don't like where this is going.
Lie until what you want to be true becomes truth. Lie until you can't remember what's a lie and what isn't.  Lie until you aren't lying anymore!
Figures
Oct 22, 2019 10:30 AM
May 2019
Great episode! I absolutely love this new OP.
I lost it when deku try impersonating All Might lol.
Oct 22, 2019 11:05 AM
Nov 2018
I like villain academia guys a little more in this episode.They are kinda serious. Hero guys acting cringe and somewhat boring. But that last Deku's scene is funny. 😁

"Self respect is the greatest gift we can give to our self"

Oct 22, 2019 11:54 AM
Apr 2019
Great Episode! Overhaul is pretty terifying, excited for Nighteye.
Oct 22, 2019 1:14 PM

Apr 2016
To be honest, this episode was very boring. By the way, it seems only a start point, so it’s early to say anything.
Oct 22, 2019 1:31 PM

Dec 2014
Never thought a villian will be killed like that hmmm
Oct 22, 2019 5:34 PM

Apr 2018
Overhaul is one bad mf!
Oct 23, 2019 1:52 AM
Sep 2019
IS THE 4TH SEASON BORING ???
Oct 23, 2019 6:00 AM

Sep 2012
Jeez, I hope this season picks up relatively soon. These first two episodes have been pretty boring tbh. Sure I like the characters, but just seeing them stand around talking can only hold my interest for so long.
Oct 23, 2019 8:31 AM

Jun 2017
This episode reminds me of Dragon Ball Z. Where King Kai will only train Goku if he'll be able to make him laugh. It takes a good talent to make someone laugh though. I commend Deku for his effort.

She got him back. If you understand the characters well enough, you'd know she did!
Oct 23, 2019 9:19 AM

Aug 2018
There is a new villain in town and I like it
GREAT EPISODE
Oct 23, 2019 2:53 PM

Jun 2013
I really loved the start! I hope they build up to the final episode of this season keeps intense.

And I really don't get it why ppl got mad over Nighteye's tickle mashine. And Bubble Girl. Its just fiction, and an anime. But well haters gonna hate.
Oct 24, 2019 9:58 AM

Jul 2013
great episode. it's awesome to see Overhaul animated.

but on the topic of animation, lol Bones is kinda flopping with that. they made Todoroki & Bakugo, in particular, look weird.
Oct 24, 2019 4:02 PM

Mar 2019
Can't stand how they keep telling me about quirks at the beginning and how they STILL show info on every character everytime they show up, god stop it already, actually show and don't keep telling or guess what, you already have for most of this characters 3 seasons ago.

Finally what seems like a competent villain shows up, liked how they actually killed 2 characters even though 1 shows for 3 seconds, hate how in shows all about fighting usually nobody dies. I hope Overhaul takes over, always like a smart villain with a plan.
Oct 25, 2019 4:44 PM

Oct 2017
This episode was too different between parts, something like the firts part was creepy and scary talking about the powerfull strength of Overhaul
but the second part was so much more funny and highligth...
By the way, I laughed with the joke of Izuku.
-¡Give yourself to me!
Oct 25, 2019 5:19 PM

Sep 2019
I forgot that sir nighteye is a sadist....

Wandering Witch is the best light novel ever!
Oct 26, 2019 1:25 PM
Oct 2018
Comedy was awkward and forced.
Most of the score sounded like straight corporate music.
Pretty disappointed with the first 2 episodes so far.
Oct 27, 2019 7:46 AM
Dec 2013
Holy shit! An actual death in Boku no Hero Academia! Kenji Hikiishi is the first character to die in this show! Didn't see that coming. Nice to know that the creator isn't afraid of killing off his characters. Would've been annoyed if nobody ever died in this anime.
wildhoodOct 27, 2019 7:50 AM
Oct 28, 2019 9:35 AM
Jul 2018
The TRUE biggest All Might fan reveals himself

AND OH MY GOD, WE JUST GOT A GLIMPSE OF HAWKS
Nov 2, 2019 9:21 AM

Feb 2010
I was sleeping on this series for a long time but after starting it a few weeks ago I'm all caught up now!
Nov 3, 2019 9:48 AM

May 2015
Nighteye has some vibrating machines.
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Nov 4, 2019 8:01 PM

Feb 2015
I really enjoyed the episode. Overhaul confronting Shigaraki’s group was surprising. Sir Nighteye could be an eccentric guy, but somehow, I think his introduction is gonna be great for Deku.
Nov 5, 2019 3:47 PM

Jul 2015
chair-sama said:

Mod Edit: Added spoiler tags; please hide plot details.

Nov 8, 2019 3:38 AM
Nov 2019
Overhaul introduction is legendary! This villain is very smart and dangerous xd
Buy Bitcoins and others cryptos(like Monero), the great crisis is coming!
Also don't forget, taxation is theft!
Nov 12, 2019 4:51 PM

Jul 2013
Yow I thought I was still watching Vinland Saga. Two people dead just like that. Anyway, that All Might face made me laugh goddamn that was perfect.
Nov 18, 2019 4:52 AM
Nov 2019
Overhaul introduction is alot scary xd
Nov 21, 2019 12:21 AM
Nov 2019
Thorf said:
Crazy episode and I loved overhaul.

Yeah, he got an awesome introduction!
Nov 21, 2019 12:22 AM
Nov 2019
Nebula42 said:
Honestly, I just want to see the villains at this point.

This season will have alot of powerfull villains :D
Nov 21, 2019 12:26 AM
Nov 2019
Amazinc said:
In a brief moment there was some amazing character development for Deku. He realized he doesn't just want to be a smiling hero, but something more. Really loved this episode!!

Horikoshi did a near perfect job with the characters developments in BNHA!
Dec 17, 2019 11:54 AM

Nov 2017
Does anyone else get the strong sense of genericness from this, at this point in the anime? They keep trying to introduce more characters and each one is a new fail. I barely feel like watching this anymore, Midoriya is cringe.

Although it was ep 2, I just feel like I know what's going to happen at this point. New character gets introduced, then resolved. This anime (manga story) played too long a game rather than getting to the point.

Getting rid of all-might was risky.
Jan 1, 2020 3:41 PM

Aug 2017
Bones adapted very well the first half. I'm glad it's uncensored. Overhaul is very intimidating.

NurguburuJan 2, 2020 5:42 AM
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Jan 2, 2020 1:39 AM
Nov 2019
Nurguburu said:
Bones adapted very well the first half. I'm glad it's uncensored. Overaul is very intimidating.

Bones is amazing and that scene is much legendary because censure s#ck5!
Jan 20, 2020 12:25 PM
Jul 2014
I'm not sure about this new format with the sound effects being drawn in as actual words lol
Mirio is so cool and nice uwu
LMAO sir nighteye is very strange and idk how Deku will do if he does his work study with him lol very interesting characters so far.
also interesting to see some unrest and chaos amongst the villians as Overhaul is introduced. I'm curious as to how this will play out for shigaraki now that there is some competition for the new leader of the evil organizations
Feb 15, 2020 9:22 AM

Feb 2013
Overhaul is scary!
Feb 16, 2020 2:01 PM
EOussama

Dec 2016
Since when was Boku no Hero Academia this dark? That dude absolutely obleriated those men, in a brutal way for a Shounen.
Mar 12, 2020 2:48 AM

Mar 2020
love overhauls quirk. mha is usually not brutal, but this episode proved otherwise and now has me invested
Apr 4, 2020 7:34 PM

Jul 2013
So the beginning showed what we saw at the very end of season 3 with the meeting of Overhaul and Shigaraki. The conversation got very intense. But almost everything Overhail said was true. Shigaraki made a lot of mistakes and it didn't seem that he had a real plan even with all these new villains who came up to him.

I knew something would happen as soon as Overhaul mentioned he could be the new number one villain. But holy shit from one second to another Magne died (RIP) and Mr. Compress lost his arm. Overhaul is a pretty scary dude and Tsuda Kenjirou fits so perfect for him. I guess Shigaraki and Overhaul won't become friends in the future.

Second half was the absolute opposite. It's nice to see more of Mirio. Seems like because of him Midoriya will become a chance to meet Sir Nighteye. Who had thought that Sir Nigheye likes humor? He looks way to serious what you would expect it :D

That tickle machine tho lol. I personally think Midoriyas All Might impression is pretty funny but doesn't seem that Sir Nighteye agrees with it. Will be interesting too see if Midoriya can convince him.

Jun 2, 2020 11:54 AM

Mar 2019
Good episode.Nighteye looks weird tbh.
Come on man,where is that Noragami season 3 masterpiece.We want it, Bones!

Jun 10, 2020 11:37 AM

May 2016
I remember how shocked I was seeing Magne's death being the first one outright shown in the series and this didn't fail to deliver. The villains have absolutely no chill here, killing others from the same side without batting an eye.

Togata was able to introduce Deku to Nighteye but it looks like his accommodating behavior really was the least he could do considering how much of a tough customer All Might's former sidekick is. As funny as it is, making a mock impression of a superfan's favorite hero who that person actually worked with before was a very bad idea.

Sep 27, 2020 1:59 PM
Feb 2019
It's weird to see it translated as "work study" when they're saying "intern". But the job shadow thing they did before was already translated as internship, so maybe this is more accurate, or maybe Funi just effed up.

Midoriya's room is still a little weird to me. He knows All Might and has seen that he's also just a normal guy so having all that All Might stuff on display just seems weird. Maybe he'll slowly add more meaningful things, like that picture Tane gave him of himself and All Might.

Gran Torino giving Midoriya some advice. Yeah he didn't get any offers from the sports festival, but All Might has connections he can use. It's kind of like cheating but not really, All Might chose him. It's too bad All Might had to retire so Midoriya can't fight alongside him to learn.

"Mag Onee" was the least interesting in the League of Villains, glad he was the one who got exploded by yakuza plague boy and not one of the others.

Denki's playing with Ojiro's tail again lol

Midoriya begging All Might to introduce him to Sir Nighteye in the staff room while the other teachers butted in was hilarious. Midoriya is always so excited.

I like Togata a lot. He's a good sempai to Midoriya. I hope All Might isn't having regrets about choosing Midoriya now that he's met Togata. I'm also not entirely sure that Togata isn't his secret love child. They look similar and have the same presence.

Nighteye is a freak, poor Bubblegirl.

I thought Midoriya's All Might impression was funny.

I hope Midoriya can drag the details out of All Might soon, I want to know exactly how he and Nighteye fell out.

uwotnowSep 27, 2020 3:33 PM
Nov 9, 2020 6:20 AM

Mar 2015
Oh wow that young yakuza heir is one hell of an upcoming villain holy smokes
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Dec 28, 2020 1:26 PM
Jun 2017
I was sooo surprised when one of Shigeru's people just got killed in like one second by Chisaki :O
I wonder what his quirk is, something with small bullets...?

I felt so sorry for Bakugo when Aizawa announced that wouldn't allow hero work studies
(or what they called it, I forgot) but then said that it was okay for the first-years xD

Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 4th Season Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 14, 2020

231 by Sir_Zech137 »»
Sep 19, 5:29 PM

» Rock Lock and the stereotypical black voice (dub)

todoxbami - Sep 22, 2021

14 by TamarahTalksTV »»
Sep 16, 1:04 PM

» In the name of science, why is there a lot of Bakugou x Uraraka shippers? ( 1 2 )

Gazz - Apr 6, 2019

68 by SarahxLevi »»
Sep 14, 3:25 PM

» Toogata, Mirio not getting One for All

Dragevard - Jun 1, 2021

17 by SarahxLevi »»
Sep 14, 3:19 PM

» This season....

_anime_fan_698 - Oct 29, 2021

15 by SarahxLevi »»
Sep 14, 3:18 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.