Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Date A Live (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 »
Apr 14, 2013 6:34 AM

Mar 2013
Awesome episode, up to the 2nd one now! :D
Apr 14, 2013 2:54 PM
Feb 2012
I had forgotten about the show's plot and was quite confused after the first episode but upon reading the synopsis again, I remembered. But what I didn't remember was the reason I wanted to watch this... I'll give it another episode and see where the show is heading. Really, really weird plot so far...
The release of atomic energy has not created a new problem. It has merely made more urgent the necessity of solving an existing one. - Albert Einstein
Apr 14, 2013 4:33 PM
Mar 2012
TheGreat1s said:
What a turnoff after the spirit girl arrived, I thought this was going to be a serious show. Oh well will keep watching since it looks fun.

^ Same
Apr 15, 2013 12:42 PM

Jan 2011
Haha this was hilarious, the comedy on this show is epic.
Not a lot to say... so... wel...
I'm looking forward to more.
I almost never read discussions after I made my post, if you want to reply PM me or post on my profile page.
Apr 20, 2013 7:12 AM
Nov 2011
I think this series is going to be enjoyable because it's mixture of light hearted comedy and its joking jabs at dating sims to 'save the world'.
Be thankful for those you have near who are dear
For time is not always kind to those who would be on your mind
Seize the day, some exclaim, but that which is past, no more shall have its day.
Apr 21, 2013 12:34 PM

Jan 2013
funny ep xd
Apr 22, 2013 1:57 AM

Jun 2011
Had low expectation and was surprised. First 2minutes made me lol :D Aw too bad the kawaii imouto became a total opposite ): Damn I want the kawaii imouto-chan back!! )':
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Apr 23, 2013 1:35 PM

Sep 2011
Everything seems so stereotypical. the white haired silent girl, the loli commander that happens to be the younger sister of the main character, the black haired girl main female lead. Their designs all look generic, and having a girl dress up in a revealing combat outfit as well as Infinite Stratos style AST, made up of pretty girls also, fight? All of them look high school/are in high school/younger, this is too ridiculous, I hope this series doesn't try to be too serious, if it does, then it should give proper reasonings.

250 million people died due to spacequake right? that's a lot, that girl constitutes as a mass-murderer, why the fucking would the main character have sympathy? WHAT THE FUCKING SHIT?

Not liking this one bit, sorry, but it feels like another anime wayyy too much
"Justice Never Dies!" - Kenji Endou, 20th century Boys
Apr 26, 2013 7:22 PM

Sep 2011
Cool. I thought it was good overall. It did have a few cheesy moments but that was expected. The second in command guy urks me a bit for some reason. o_0 So far the plot seems to be interesting though.

Oh... and Tobiichi.... is hot. x3
~Izzy Zazztacular~
May 1, 2013 4:55 PM

Jun 2011
GodlyKyon said:
Everything seems so stereotypical. the white haired silent girl, the loli commander that happens to be the younger sister of the main character, the black haired girl main female lead. Their designs all look generic, and having a girl dress up in a revealing combat outfit as well as Infinite Stratos style AST, made up of pretty girls also, fight? All of them look high school/are in high school/younger, this is too ridiculous, I hope this series doesn't try to be too serious, if it does, then it should give proper reasonings.

250 million people died due to spacequake right? that's a lot, that girl constitutes as a mass-murderer, why the fucking would the main character have sympathy? WHAT THE FUCKING SHIT?

You also forgot to mention that the main character has to make the spirit fall in love with him.
May 5, 2013 6:17 AM

Apr 2013
After watching this episode i can only say that this anime will be no different from Dakara Boku wa, H ga Dekinai which had no decent plot at all.
In fact this is good for a recommendation. Both had the same unpredictable beginning. And of course a lot of FAN SERVICE. The only reason i might be watching this series is a simple ''Time kill''.
May 10, 2013 6:42 PM

Sep 2011
Rayla said:
GodlyKyon said:

You also forgot to mention that the main character has to make the spirit fall in love with him.

Alright. Instead of having the people take in direct combat to actually EXTERMINATE the girl, the main character's younger sister, who is the commander of some secret(assuming government) spaceship that floats above the city(which, why the hell would they even exist after the spacequake discovery?) has to have the protagonist to make the girl fall in love with him... Which he somehow, has sympathy towards despite her making the spacequake appear... And that he trains by playing dating sims and having people all over the world come up with answers

Wow, just wow. Sounds like another poor excuse of a show to have fanservice, but is trying to be way too fucking serious.
May 25, 2013 9:19 PM

May 2013
I don't know, giving this show a try but after this first episode, I was just going, "what the fuck?" the entire time.

It seems funny enough so we'll see..

Still haven't explained enough for me tho =.=
You're all idiots, but I'm no different.
Jun 6, 2013 4:10 PM

Jun 2008
Welp, this was interesting for about 5 minutes or so....

I don't know if I should continue...
Jun 7, 2013 7:05 PM

Nov 2012
in the beginning okay its gonna be a good anime.. seeing kotori as a sister is just so funny..

but after then,,

in the kind of spaceship shido see kotori as a different girl -_- my reaction so she's annoying.. even though she is cute -_-

love this episode btw.. :D tohka is so cute :3
Jun 10, 2013 9:00 AM

Sep 2012
Really strange. I like it though.
Jun 15, 2013 7:13 PM

May 2013
This show is idiotic and random... more please! (loads episode 2)
Jun 17, 2013 8:36 PM

Sep 2011
Super random, but not bad.

And what happened to the super cute Kotori!? Oh well, this side of her isn't so bad either. =p
Jun 25, 2013 8:09 AM

Nov 2011
YOU HAVE TO DATE THEM SO THEY DON'T WANT TO KILL US. NO OTHER GUY IS SUITABLE FOR THE JOB. We're counting on you!!!!

"I like to expose what people hide. I'm an intellectual rapist." - Furudo Erika
Jul 1, 2013 7:39 PM

Mar 2012
Unwatchable.
Jul 4, 2013 5:08 PM

Jan 2013
Very hard to comprehend, take in. I'll keep watching, just finished episode 2, still the same. Hopefully it'll change later on as it progresses. The show is pretty ridiculous atm lol, and I've watched some pretty ridiculous harems before, I'ld say.
Please send me a message/profile comment since I will most likely not check my forum posts. Thank you.
Jul 6, 2013 7:22 AM

Nov 2012
I liked how the show was playing out before the spacequake. :/ *gets back to watchingslice of life anime like the little wuss i am*
Jul 22, 2013 5:39 PM

Oct 2011
I'm actually really disappointed by the first episode.. :(
Since I saw the first trailer months ago, I was really waiting for Date A Live. But this wasn't what I was expecting at all. :(
The little sister randomly gets a complete personality change and is the commander of a group fighting against spirits? The dialogues weren't good either and some voices don't fit (especially the masochistic blonde guy, that is definitely the wrong voice for someone like him)..
Jul 26, 2013 11:35 AM

May 2012
Well that sure was pretty interesting, great start I must say! Some interesting action and a nice concept, so lets see what happens next and lol that ED!
Jul 26, 2013 1:15 PM

Sep 2011
Harems, if you saw one, you saw em all
Aug 19, 2013 5:25 PM

Aug 2009
Kyube said:
I am still trying to comprehed this episode, but words are failing me.
The best option should be forgetting everything and then reboot. Otherwise I may take some damage.

my reaction after this episode: wat.
Oct 6, 2013 9:25 AM
May 2013
I knew the cute loli sister is too good to be true she reminded me of another red hair loli

This was an excellent episode , the animation looks great and the characters are likeable, the story is good and I'm sure I will enjoy this .
Nov 8, 2013 11:05 PM

Mar 2012
This episode spelled The World God Only Knows...all over it. Not a bad thing, considering the fact that this episode had a few Gundam references in it as well, it seems to me more of a parody show then a serious one. Then again, I have never heard of a serious harem before. Seems decent, it's only 12 episodes....and I can't think of anything else to watch at this moment, so why not.

"To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment"
Nov 9, 2013 10:44 AM

Sep 2011
Venom900 said:
This episode spelled The World God Only Knows...all over it. Not a bad thing, considering the fact that this episode had a few Gundam references in it as well, it seems to me more of a parody show then a serious one. Then again, I have never heard of a serious harem before. Seems decent, it's only 12 episodes....and I can't think of anything else to watch at this moment, so why not.

depending on what you mean by serious, I'm pretty a few exists. Serious about forming a harem? serious plot line?
Nov 9, 2013 10:45 PM

Mar 2012
GodlyKyon said:

depending on what you mean by serious, I'm pretty a few exists. Serious about forming a harem? serious plot line?

Serious as in, not centered around comedy. Like you said I'm sure there are a few that exist, I've just never heard of one..despite harem being the least watched genre I watch, I have watched a number of them, but not nearly all of them.

"To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment"
Nov 16, 2013 11:29 AM

May 2013
Venom900 said:
GodlyKyon said:

Serious as in, not centered around comedy. Like you said I'm sure there are a few that exist, I've just never heard of one..despite harem being the least watched genre I watch, I have watched a number of them, but not nearly all of them.

The World God Only Knows or Amagami SS are a few Harems with a plot in my opinion.. I'd say Heaves Lost Property as well but even though there is a decent plot... there an ass ton of filler, fan service, and comedy overwhelming everything else.
Nov 16, 2013 5:58 PM

Sep 2011
Venom900 said:
GodlyKyon said:

That definitely depends on the meaning of harem and what EXACTLY you are looking for.

Pretty sure you're not looking for a HUMORLESS Anime, so what I mention will include humor in them.

Sora no Otoshimono has a hybrid of humor and serious arcs.

kore wa zombie desu ka SEASON 1 has a TON of humor in it, but the overarching plot is fairly serious and enjoyable.

The main problem is the definition of harem since it literally means a male protag surrounded by 3+ girl characters.

This can extend into even Code Geass.
Nov 20, 2013 11:33 PM

Mar 2012
Kslate23 said:
Venom900 said:
GodlyKyon said:

The World God Only Knows or Amagami SS are a few Harems with a plot in my opinion.. I'd say Heaves Lost Property as well but even though there is a decent plot... there an ass ton of filler, fan service, and comedy overwhelming everything else.

Both shows also deviate away from what most would call a harem. To me, World God Only Knows isn't exactly a full blown harem, mostly because the girls Keima comes into contact with don't actually get romantically involved with him nor are they a constant throughout the show. What I consider to be a harem is a show that has at least 3 girls constantly surrounding the central character throughout the show. Amagami SS takes a different approach. It's more of a dating sim, and I think the game was too. It's just showing what life would have been if this guy dated this girl. Aside from it being the same guy, it's more of a collection of short school romance animes in one. He only dates 1 girl in each arc, and in those arcs the girls that appear in the other arcs are mere side characters with little interaction.

What I'm more referring to are shows like Sora No Otoshimono, Sekirei (which I think that show actually had a decent plot line) and other shows that have a collection of girls that all share a romantic interest with the main character and are all a constant after they are introduced, each one fighting over the main character. The problem with these harems, is that they all tend to go after comedy, rather than seriousness...Sekirei I think I'll rescind my statement above, concerning never having seen a serious harem, It's been a while since I have watched and I forgot about it. so I'll budge on it, mostly because the show was not about the comedy, as much as it was about the fanservice that came with the fight scenes and the fight scenes were actually serious fight scenes, there was no comedic interjections during the fights nor were there any lame dialogue during the fights aimed at making the viewer laugh and the plot was actually decent.

I guess it depends on what some would perceive a harem to be. To be able to argue a point would be rather difficult, because the word harem has evolved too much.
Venom900Nov 20, 2013 11:40 PM

Nov 20, 2013 11:47 PM

Mar 2012
GodlyKyon said:
Venom900 said:
GodlyKyon said:

That definitely depends on the meaning of harem and what EXACTLY you are looking for.

Pretty sure you're not looking for a HUMORLESS Anime, so what I mention will include humor in them.

Sora no Otoshimono has a hybrid of humor and serious arcs.

kore wa zombie desu ka SEASON 1 has a TON of humor in it, but the overarching plot is fairly serious and enjoyable.

The main problem is the definition of harem since it literally means a male protag surrounded by 3+ girl characters.

This can extend into even Code Geass.

I'm not talking about humerless no, but I'm also not talking about shows like Otoshimono that feel the need to interject fight scenes with comedy Perhaps we have different views on the show, I did end up enjoying the show, but I never once saw the show to be serious in relativity to the plot, like it really didn't take itself too seriously, as in what I said with the fights. Instead, the show focused on the character interactions instead, which is what redeemed itself from me calling it just another average harem. I'm talking more like Sekirei, in which comedy is used, but it's not a focal point of the show. Shows that have the most ridiculous scenarios that are meant to breed comedy, is basically what sums up the average harem. Shows like Date A Live, something that's not meant to be taken serious at all, but I think it's cheating to use this show as an example, because it appears to be a parody.

As you said, it's tough to argue this one out with specifics, because harem has a lot of adopted definitions. Nonetheless though, shows like Date A Live, are more of the standard norm for what get's put out each season. Cliches and all.
Venom900Nov 20, 2013 11:51 PM

Nov 26, 2013 3:54 PM

May 2013
@ Venom900. So lets say that Shuffle would be an example as what you consider the definition Harem to be and Amagami SS + The World God Only Knows could be examples of a Deconstruction of the Genera.

Does that seam fair? All shows are great btw and I would also consider Date A Live a guilty pleasure.
Dec 18, 2013 4:55 AM

Jun 2013
I think I would enjoy this whole series.
Jan 4, 2014 2:30 AM

Sep 2012
Did anyone here catch that Resident Evil reference when Shido mentioned the "T-Virus" in the scene where Kotori was waking him up (It was Tic-Virus in their case)? Pretty creepy to me that something like this was in there.
Jan 10, 2014 3:24 AM
Jan 2011
I'm so excited to watch this :D

And Origami is so cute :33 I think I'm gonna like her ^^
Jan 12, 2014 6:55 PM

Feb 2012
oh man, what a silly, silly plot.
But was fun to watch, anyway ;)
Feb 21, 2014 7:31 AM
Jan 2010
that was so fucking bad holy shit
Feb 23, 2014 9:04 AM

Jun 2013
At first, I thought this anime suck but its really awesome.
Like it.
Mar 10, 2014 8:19 PM

Aug 2013
I already predict that the spirit girl will become a student.

This anime use so many anime tropes : the boobs and ass zoom, panties shots, gay friend, quiet and strong girl friend, double personnality imouto, giant sword... It would take too much time mentionning them xD
Still, it's to expect as an ecchi/harem show. I don't expect much from the show, pretty much only watching it so I can follow the second season.
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Mar 19, 2014 12:06 PM

Mar 2014
Thought I would check this out as a second season is airing this spring!

First thoughts-- I didn't laugh all that much. It wasn't boring, however. I really think Kotori is super cute and I hope she is apart of the harem! <3 The spirit girl is cute so far too. I don't really dig silent, mysterious, brainiac idols though.

So in order to deal with the spirits.. kiss or kill! Pretty silly plot, but could be enjoyable nonetheless. :)

So far, I'm rooting for Kotori since I'm a sucker for cute imoutos! <3
Apr 7, 2014 2:27 PM

Jan 2014
So, I wanted to try this out too due to the second season airing in like 3 days.

Nice, cute character design, animation good but nothing new from new visuals we all got a used to...
It had it's comedy moments, even though I didn't laugh or smiled..
But it was not boring, absolutely.

Kotori I can say is going to be my favorite character, I have a crush on this type of characters..
But I would like to know how a 14 years old girl can be the head of a military organization, that secret would really help me.
I like also the anemic ageless girl.
Going to the next because I have to hurry.
May 12, 2014 2:42 PM

Jan 2013
Zelgadis94 said:
---
But I would like to know how a 14 years old girl can be the head of a military organization, that secret would really help me.
---
Pretty much what I want to know too. The series ain't bad but it ain't spectacular either. I really like the story except for that sister... makes no sense yet when they said they will present him to the commander I was 100% sure that it will be the sister...
Jun 3, 2014 6:18 AM

Jan 2013
I love when a cute girl calls his brother "Onii-Chan" and says that loves him :D
She was so cute in the beginning but then she turned to a monster ahaha so his sister is the boss of that base.
The girl that they call a "spirit" seemed to be very nice but she is like a destroyer of the cities ^^
His sister is so cute omg :3 when he said to his brother that she would let him lick the bottom of the shoe and the blonde guy was like can i lick it?ahahah :D She is so gross sometimes,saying that he is a retard/idiot etc even if he tried to save her by running to that restaurant.
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Aug 27, 2014 5:04 AM

Jul 2013
hey the little sister was bad at first but when she turned her personality to a complete 180 degrees she became worse. I like the action though.. I'm looking forward to this and also Kurumi.. I don't know what's the deal with her and why many people like her
Oct 11, 2014 3:41 PM

Aug 2014
Cool Episode! :D
Maloween 2017
Main Candies
Oct 15, 2014 4:38 PM

Oct 2014
wish i could have my very own Kotori.
Pages (7) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Date A Live Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - May 11, 2013

205 by winddevil1 »»
May 11, 3:50 PM

Poll: » Date A Live Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 13, 2013

275 by WolfManZylo »»
May 9, 10:26 PM

Poll: » Date A Live Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 15, 2013

322 by HiljainenSipuli »»
May 5, 6:23 AM

Poll: » Date A Live Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 8, 2013

182 by HiljainenSipuli »»
May 5, 6:04 AM

Poll: » Date A Live Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 1, 2013

175 by HiljainenSipuli »»
May 5, 5:22 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.