Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 »
Jul 4, 2019 4:31 PM
Nov 2016
todd2580 said:
but i think if we can stay positive as possible is better than just being toxic and ignorant people that think they didn't notice we didn't like what we got there's still hope but not a big one can't deny that since the tv version aired makes things hard but in the end Full Metal panic S4 got a lot of fixes in its BD and it might was having the same situation as OPM S2

I believe that complaining too much about this is indeed toxic but praising this kind of mediocrity is toxic as well, if you don't complain about this and only praise it then the anime studio (or production committee or whatever) will keep doing this crap over and over again so we should complain about it to let them know about our dissatisfaction and once our voice is heard then hopefully they won't make that same mistake again in the future.

Of course, we complaining over this here won't resolve the situation, we are just the minority, to resolve this situation more people need to complain about it including the Japanese people but I believe that mindlessly praising this anime will hurt it even more.
Jul 4, 2019 4:46 PM

Apr 2013
Feels abit sad that they started on the plot with garou and the monster association, then it ends with centichoro being one shotted without even a little comment to saitama. Ofc them building up the plot and following it is nice, but that fight vs all the monsters that came to where he live would probably be more entertaining than the last one.
Jul 4, 2019 6:24 PM

Jul 2009
Great episode! It's definitely one of the better animations in the episodes. Especially with Genos. Shame how once again, Characters like Fubuki, Tatsumaki and others are nowhere to be found. Well, I'm sure Season 3 will fix this, but it'll be a long time till we get another.

Garou is amazing as usual! I really love the more in-depth character he got in the Manga compared to the web version.

This season is almost caught up with the Manga. Especially with Orochi and all.

Anyways, It was a good season. Of course, S1 has better animation all around, but I still enjoyed S2.

Gonna be painful to wait, but I just hope the manga will reach that "arc" in the web version.

Can't wait! I give it a 8/10.
Jul 4, 2019 8:44 PM

Dec 2014
welll to think there wasn't any focus on saitama...was so bad...
Jul 4, 2019 9:42 PM

Jul 2013
Was it as bad as the reviews say? No way. Was it a bit disappointing? A little.

Most of the complaints are a bit stupid, imo. There's nothing actually wrong with the animation or sound or any of that. I really think a lot of people here have sticks shoved wayyyy up their asses. But..

But...

The way the series ended was disappointing. That's not even what you call a cliffhanger. There was no epic finale like the first series. It just kind of... ended. With nothing resolved. With the crisis ongoing. Like it needed to go on for maybe three more episodes.

The absolute need to have 12 episode series in the anime industry is rather annoying, especially when we often do get three more episodes via OVA.

Oh well.

Frankly I thought this series was pretty clever, especially the bit with King. It had me laughing my ass off throughout. People seem fixated on the fights, forgetting this is a parody series making fun of series focused on fighting.

Meh, not like this will make anyone think any differently. Just my two cents.
Omne Solum Forti Patria
Jul 4, 2019 11:37 PM

Apr 2011
That was one fun ride. Despite criticisms I had fun watching this. I think its close adaptation to the manga. The fight against Genos was really intense.

Looking forward to another season when they fight Orochi.
Jul 4, 2019 11:53 PM

Feb 2018
It was okay, I did enjoy the season overall since the comedy, despite pacing and animation being lessened. :( I liked King's and Saitama's relationship too and now it's like they come in a pair so King can retain his status lmao.

lol
ArtreyuJul 5, 2019 8:52 PM
Jul 5, 2019 5:09 AM

May 2016
The Elder Centipede fight was really good and there were a couple of moments that I really liked when I watched it. Saitama actually having a good visible punch when he dealt the killing move on the nigh-indestructible monster felt very rewarding, Bang and Bomb rescuing the incapacitated heroes from Centipede's rampage was exciting, King's bravery in pissing that giant monster made me feel proud of him, but the most awesome part of the battle in the anime adaptation for me was Genos doing that Jet Arrow Kick that FINALLY did justice to the visual impact of his explosions. Saitama's punch was good but I didn't like how Elder Centipede faded away really slowly like it did (I don't feel so good).

I liked that the last two episodes actually made an effort to end on a high note because it would've been too much for me if they added the lingering bad taste in my mouth caused by the very disappointing quality a lot of the episodes in the second season gave me throughout. I can't deny that there were some good moments though, I'll give them credit for that.

It was very disheartening to feel so bored about the Tournament+Monster Battles Arc to the point of falling asleep at some points because I didn't feel that way when I read the manga at all though. I'd love to complain about the sound design problem as usual but I'd rather stay positive and wish that future action scenes I watch don't sound like I'm covering my ears from now on.

Jul 5, 2019 6:41 AM
Mar 2017
Even the animation and art style are shit damn the story was good enough for me. To those crybaby's if you have a problem with this season just stick to the manga please so you won't cry alot next time. Now we wait for the 3rd Season hopefully soon.

8/10
Jul 5, 2019 7:19 AM
Apr 2008
I really liked this episode & the entire season 2.

I think the story is better than S1 and even though the animation quality dropped in S2 it was still quite enjoyable to watch.
Jul 5, 2019 8:53 AM
Jul 2016
Hraktuus said:
Was it as bad as the reviews say? No way. Was it a bit disappointing? A little.

Most of the complaints are a bit stupid, imo. There's nothing actually wrong with the animation or sound or any of that. I really think a lot of people here have sticks shoved wayyyy up their asses. But..

But...

The way the series ended was disappointing. That's not even what you call a cliffhanger. There was no epic finale like the first series. It just kind of... ended. With nothing resolved. With the crisis ongoing. Like it needed to go on for maybe three more episodes.

The absolute need to have 12 episode series in the anime industry is rather annoying, especially when we often do get three more episodes via OVA.

Oh well.

Frankly I thought this series was pretty clever, especially the bit with King. It had me laughing my ass off throughout. People seem fixated on the fights, forgetting this is a parody series making fun of series focused on fighting.

Meh, not like this will make anyone think any differently. Just my two cents.

this arc isn't even finished in the manga so that's make sense at least we got the one punch isn't people wanted that since episode 9 here it's...
todd2580Jul 7, 2019 2:13 PM
Jul 5, 2019 8:56 AM
Jul 2016
Ichi_Exorz said:
I really liked this episode & the entire season 2.

I think the story is better than S1 and even though the animation quality dropped in S2 it was still quite enjoyable to watch.

same and now we have to wait the sad thing that the arc wasn't finished and people will be disappointed but even MHA S3 ended in the same way lamo
Jul 5, 2019 11:29 AM

Feb 2019
Final episode was...meh, i always keep my expectation low anyway.

The animation when Saitama appear was really good actually. But the last scene when Genos starts talking about becoming stronger was kinda cringy.

The season's over, finally. 5/10 might change later.

Jul 5, 2019 12:23 PM

Nov 2014
It just ended at that place? Underwhelming...
Garo was surprisingly nice character, but I really wanted more Saitama.
Jul 5, 2019 1:27 PM

Nov 2013
It's like the show forgot it's supposed to be a comedy. What's the point of trying to create tension in a fight when Saitama exist ? After 5 minutes of Genos and the old men fighting that centipede I was bored to death, the only thing I was thinking was "just bring Saitama already and move on". This show is only good when it's trying to be funny or develop it's characters.
Jul 5, 2019 8:36 PM

Jul 2014
Honestly this season was just as good as usual, but damn was that such a disappointing finale. The second half of the episode was just one let down after the other, saitama came in way too late, the build up with king and saitama finally landing so great just to have a terrible punch shown, there was literally no reaction to him taking down centichoro, and then episode randomly ends.
Jul 6, 2019 6:46 AM

Oct 2013
Give all of my hype back, such a let down, this season is so boring kinda like filler episodes, finale is shit too.

i don't dislike the series but the 2nd season is kinda meh

Overall score 7/10, only watching this season just to see Fubuki
Jul 6, 2019 8:14 AM
Aug 2016
todd2580 said:
Grantnarg said:
People complaining the whole season about the quality of the animation is so ridiculous...

As if they knew how to make it better, as if they knew how hard and expensive is to do that top tier god animation they want.

They're just copying the opinion of what others say, not because they're experts or something like that in the area

Does complaining about the animation make you feel good? or something? if that's so go complain about Persona 5 The Animation, that is truly "bad" animation, or go teach those japanese guys how it has to be done!

They DONT have the same budget as the people who make Shingeki no Kyojin! is it that bad?

Be THANKFUL we got another season of this anime, which looks really good actually.

they were have the same budget as S1 but in a situation like this it wasn't enough

the budget of S1 was normal like any anime shows and S2 is the same but in a different situation which makes think why even people complain that much it's ridiculous they weren't in situation like Madhouse and now they're getting the hate from that and they call that right while it's not lamo
they have to move their hate to the right person and it's the production committee for being pathetic
How can you tell that the budget was the same? and how can you tell that the schedule of S2 isn't the same as S1? You claim a lot of things to defend J.C Staff, but I don't see you providing any sources for your claims, which makes you look disparate tbh, while it's true that the producers are the main culprit here, I find you're attitude of not accepting any margin of criticism towards J.C Staff to be unsettling to say the least, it's not like they're saints who can't do wrong, they fucked up, and they deserve to be criticized for it, you should stop playing the victim card for them, they had every ability to turn down the project when it was presented to them, but they still took it, and most of those poor animator who tried their best you were talking about are actually freelancers, so you can't use them to shield J.C Staff, and even their in-house employees who also tried their best are irrelevant here because when people blame J.C they precisely blame their higher-ups who accepted this project without negotiating for better conditions and pushed it on their lower rank employees who themselves pushed it on freelancers.
Jul 6, 2019 10:11 AM
Jul 2016
ClickBaitBuster said:
todd2580 said:

they were have the same budget as S1 but in a situation like this it wasn't enough

the budget of S1 was normal like any anime shows and S2 is the same but in a different situation which makes think why even people complain that much it's ridiculous they weren't in situation like Madhouse and now they're getting the hate from that and they call that right while it's not lamo
they have to move their hate to the right person and it's the production committee for being pathetic
How can you tell that the budget was the same? and how can you tell that the schedule of S2 isn't the same as S1? You claim a lot of things to defend J.C Staff, but I don't see you providing any sources for your claims, which makes you look disparate tbh, while it's true that the producers are the main culprit here, I find you're attitude of not accepting any margin of criticism towards J.C Staff to be unsettling to say the least, it's not like they're saints who can't do wrong, they fucked up, and they deserve to be criticized for it, you should stop playing the victim card for them, they had every ability to turn down the project when it was presented to them, but they still took it, and most of those poor animator who tried their best you were talking about are actually freelancers, so you can't use them to shield J.C Staff, and even their in-house employees who also tried their best are irrelevant here because when people blame J.C they precisely blame their higher-ups who accepted this project without negotiating for better conditions and pushed it on their lower rank employees who themselves pushed it on freelancers.

LMAO sakuga anime blogs said it's the same budget as S1 which was a normal one too it's reasonable why it won't be enough in a tight schedule and cut corners make sense too and it's obvious they weren't have more time and that the schedule is tight and i'm not defending J.C Staff that much yeah it's their fault for taking a lot of projects ofc but still find people overreacting that much that it's like nitpicking rather than telling the real truth than just spreading their hate by their Pathetic ignorance like they don't know how anime studios even work !! and what makes it's so obvious most of people want madhouse to produce this season rather than J.C Staff without knowing they're in bad state also all anime studios want money so it's obvious J.C Staff will take OPM when they think they can do the job or they'll simply won't accept it from the beginning and it's Popular also when it was announced that they'll handle this season they weren't have that much projects coming but Kadokawa and JC are BFFs so they took a lot of their shows because Kadokawa is the most greedy publishing company that they don't care about quality in some of their shows like Date Alive S3 and Index III Which they wanted to rush it as possible but J.C Staff wanted 2 additional episodes for this season to able to give a decent ending at least (not like they're saints but at least they were reasonable with it even if things weren't going with them) i heard also the director before working on OPM S2 he worked on the OVA of his previous directorial debut anime that'll be for sale in 9 July (you can check the PV and how it's having visuals than OPM S2) which might holded the production of this season for Late 2018 although it's just an OVA but to ensure quality of it and they might even weren't known that it'll air that early or they didn't have that much of plan since the production committee wasn't even did a good planning for this season from the beginning and it shows from their way of their Advertising of this season and J.C Staff wasn't even in the production committee of this season so they can't do much except of just doing what the production committee wants (i've some doubts that it's TV tokyo and banadi's fault for rushing the project more than shueisha ) unlike MadHouse which was the 6th or 7th one so i know what i'm saying bro it's all about business for the production committees and that's the sad part and i gathered all of these information by the internet it's an easy thing lamo but sometimes can be tough but some researches is useful about studios's previous works and the way of handling things helps to make an idea of how things works but from some research the studio isn't that bad it's not my favourite but still have some nice works you can see that and they can do a great job if Things are in their favor and you can tell they tried their best even with the tight schedule given which it's an achievement but yeah it could be better ofc i can't deny that and they weren't that lazy whether a JC animators (Aoki seems having fun too) or a freelancer animators and some of them from studio Lan wasn't even bothered with them (you see that from one of them on his twitter )they also let one of their top action directors handle episode 11 which is why it's really good in terms of action so it's like Black Clover in some aspects
todd2580Jul 6, 2019 11:37 AM
Jul 6, 2019 10:59 AM
Jun 2019
I don't know how to react to this episode or even this season as a whole. It didn't reach the hype of season 1 (obviously) but I don't think it is the shitstorm that a lot of people are saying that it is. It has some pretty high highs and some pretty atrocious lows. I would say that this is Garou's season much more than it is Saitama's, and in that regard I would say that they did a pretty decent job. I really like his character and I'm excited to see more of him in season 3 (if there is one). Any part that didn't star Garou just bored me though. Saitama took a back seat this season (which I think was a good choice, but that means he isn't there to carry the show) and I just don't think the rest of the supporting cast outside of Garou were able to carry the weight. This combined with noticeably lesser animation (to the point where JC Staff's best looking moments were on par with Madhouse's worst), leads to a mediocre follow up to one of the best anime of 2015/2016. As for this episode specifically, it was alright. Garou's backstory and Geno's fight were the highlights.
Jul 6, 2019 11:10 AM
Mar 2019
I Understandthe Dislike for the Season but i really loved Season Two i didn't mind the animations as people were complaining about i really looking forward to season three my only compliant would be the lack of Saitama this season i was waiting for him to come out of nowhere and beat the shit out Garou or The Monster but we didn't get that really this season[happy we got lot of Genos my Boi] i . Garou was interesting Baddie and interesting we got this view this season . do hope we get a Saitama and Garou Fight in the Future
Jul 6, 2019 11:19 AM

Jul 2017
A little disappointed. Only episodes 3, later half of 10 ad early half of 11 stood out to me.

smell of coffee
songs of sleep

Jul 6, 2019 2:48 PM
Aug 2016
todd2580 said:
ClickBaitBuster said:

LMAO sakuga anime blogs said it's the same budget as S1 which was a normal one too it's reasonable why it won't be enough in a tight schedule and cut corners make sense too and it's obvious they weren't have more time and that the schedule is tight and i'm not defending J.C Staff that much yeah it's their fault for taking a lot of projects ofc but still find people overreacting that much that it's like nitpicking rather than telling the real truth than just spreading their hate by their Pathetic ignorance like they don't know how anime studios even work !! and what makes it's so obvious most of people want madhouse to produce this season rather than J.C Staff without knowing they're in bad state also all anime studios want money so it's obvious J.C Staff will take OPM when they think they can do the job or they'll simply won't accept it from the beginning and it's Popular also when it was announced that they'll handle this season they weren't have that much projects coming but Kadokawa and JC are BFFs so they took a lot of their shows because Kadokawa is the most greedy publishing company that they don't care about quality in some of their shows like Date Alive S3 and Index III Which they wanted to rush it as possible but J.C Staff wanted 2 additional episodes for this season to able to give a decent ending at least (not like they're saints but at least they were reasonable with it even if things weren't going with them) i heard also the director before working on OPM S2 he worked on the OVA of his previous directorial debut anime that'll be for sale in 9 July (you can check the PV and how it's having visuals than OPM S2) which might holded the production of this season for Late 2018 although it's just an OVA but to ensure quality of it and they might even weren't known that it'll air that early or they didn't have that much of plan since the production committee wasn't even did a good planning for this season from the beginning and it shows from their way of their Advertising of this season and J.C Staff wasn't even in the production committee of this season so they can't do much except of just doing what the production committee wants (i've some doubts that it's TV tokyo and banadi's fault for rushing the project more than shueisha ) unlike MadHouse which was the 6th or 7th one so i know what i'm saying bro it's all about business for the production committees and that's the sad part and i gathered all of these information by the internet it's an easy thing lamo but sometimes can be tough but some researches is useful about studios's previous works and the way of handling things helps to make an idea of how things works but from some research the studio isn't that bad it's not my favourite but still have some nice works you can see that and they can do a great job if Things are in their favor and you can tell they tried their best even with the tight schedule given which it's an achievement but yeah it could be better ofc i can't deny that and they weren't that lazy whether a JC animators (Aoki seems having fun too) or a freelancer animators and some of them from studio Lan wasn't even bothered with them (you see that from one of them on his twitter )they also let one of their top action directors handle episode 11 which is why it's really good in terms of action so it's like Black Clover in some aspects
Jesus christ dude, grammar aside, where are all the commas? please use more punctuation next time because without them your post is borderline unreadable.

Anyway..

>"LMAO sakuga anime blogs said it's the same budget as S1"

Link?

>"it's reasonable why it won't be enough in a tight schedule and cut corners make sense"

If anything, they most likely had gone over-budget because of the messy planning and mismanaged production, OPM S1 had 2~4 animation working in most of its episodes with the 11th episode having 7, while OPM S2 had 5~11 animation directors in most of its episodes with the 8th episode having 17. Hiring more animation directors cost more money, do the math.

>"it's obvious they weren't have more time and that the schedule is tight "

I'm not saying that the production committee gave them enough time (they clearly didn't), I'm saying that they most likely gave them the same amount of time the gave Madhouse to make S1, and maybe more even.

>"i'm not defending J.C Staff that much yeah it's their fault for taking a lot of projects ofc but still find people overreacting that much that it's like nitpicking rather than telling the real truth than just spreading their hate by their Pathetic ignorance like they don't know how anime studios even work"

I definitely agree that some people are nitpicking about the quality of S2, and I also agree that there are a lot of people who blame everything on J.C Staff because they don't even know what the production committee is, but the "pathetic ignorance" part is overkill and kinda pretentious coming from you. No one is borne with knowledge, even those so called anime experts at sakuga blog have some old anime related tweets that would make your eyes roll because of how borderline ignorant they are.

>"and what makes it's so obvious most of people want madhouse to produce this season rather than J.C Staff without knowing they're in bad state"

Ok I'll just quote myselfe from the other thread here:

>"all anime studios want money"

Yes, but not all studios prioritize money over quality to the point of taking in so much projects simultaneously to the point of causing most of them to suffer such huge decrease in quality.

>"so it's obvious J.C Staff will take OPM when they think they can do the job or they'll simply won't accept it from the beginning and it's Popular also when it was announced that they'll handle this season they weren't have that much projects coming"

That's mismanagement and poor planning on their executives's part, so if anything, it's even more reason to blame them.

>"Kadokawa and JC are BFFs"

Dude what are you even talking about?

>"so they took a lot of their shows because Kadokawa is the most greedy publishing company that they don't care about quality in some of their shows like Date Alive S3 and Index III Which they wanted to rush it as possible"

Lol so they only don't care about the quality of the shows they give to J.C Staff? but they care about the quality of the shows they give to other studios? like A1 Pictures (SAO III), Kinema Citrus (Shield Hero) and Bones (Bungo Stray Dogs III)? I think it has less to do with Kadokawa and more to do with the studio.

>"but J.C Staff wanted 2 additional episodes for this season to able to give a decent ending at least"

What anime are even talking about here, Index? DaL? and do you have a source for that? and is it even relevant in our discussion?

>"i heard also the director before working on OPM S2 he worked on the OVA of his previous directorial debut anime that'll be for sale in 9 July (you can check the PV and how it's having visuals than OPM S2) which might holded the production of this season for Late 2018 although it's just an OVA but to ensure quality of it and they might even weren't known that it'll air that early or they didn't have that much of plan"

Again, that's mismanagement and poor planning on their executives's part, so if anything, it's even more reason to blame them. Also, Lmao making a 2 episodes mediocre OVA held the the director from making OPM S2 good? then what would you say about Natsume directing 2 seasons of Space freaking Dandy before directing OPM?

>"they might even weren't known that it'll air that early or they didn't have that much of plan since the production committee wasn't even did a good planning for this season from the beginning and it shows from their way of their Advertising of this season"

Will you ever provide any sources for your presumptuous claims? and what's wrong with their advertising of this season?

>"and J.C Staff wasn't even in the production committee of this season so they can't do much except of just doing what the production committee wants"

No, they can do something about it, rejecting the project for instance.

>"unlike MadHouse which was the 6th or 7th one"

If being second to last in the P.Cmt of OPM S1 gave Madhouse the power to decide the schedule then S2 wouldn't have been made by J.C Staff in the first place.

>"so i know what i'm saying bro it's all about business for the production committees and that's the sad part and i gathered all of these information by the internet it's an easy thing"

There is a lot of false informations that get spread across the internet without any reliable source to back it up, that's why I'm asking you to give me sources for your claims.

Ah god that was very long.. anyway, pre 2016 J.C Staff was one of my favorites studios, their works had consistently good production values and they rarely butchered a good source materia, but it seems they changed their policies since then and "quantity over quality" is their new motto.
ClickBaitBusterJul 6, 2019 2:56 PM
Jul 6, 2019 5:09 PM
Dec 2017
Fluxje said:
So for anyone reading the manga, will we ever meet Blast?
he hasn’t been really introduced in neither the manga nor webcomic :/
Jul 6, 2019 5:13 PM
Dec 2017
Zaugr said:
To really no surprise the finale for this still sounds and looks like shit; with it's signature god awful, often ear-raping sound direction and odd mishmash of 99% awful/awkward/inconsistent cuts and 1% decent, but I gotta say the pacing was at least a bit better than usual. It felt coherent. That's something good they managed for the finale. They butchered Saitama's final punch (they couldn't even top the punch they imitated with it from season 1's OP...) and just about everything else content-wise, and it ended on a really weak note as a season, but yeah.

Overall everything sucked about this. I wish the animation was the only problem here but it's not. It's literally everything. The art, the sound direction, the opening, the ED, the pacing, the direction (especially the direction), the voice acting (which also somehow failed to meet last season's standards), the adaptation itself, the editing, the color palette (with that god awful "tanning" and metal texture)... It's amazing how J.C. Staff managed to disappoint not just art and animation-wise, but EVERYWHERE, and defy even the lowest of expectations like this. This can not be understated--and I really cannot understand how so many people are happy with what we got here. Is it fanboyism...? Low standards? People just eager and happy for any and all "content" no matter the quality?

God I so hope this ends up being a massive financial failure for J.C. Staff and the production committee, and that they learn a lesson. To not impatiently rush production for cash milking and to not cheaply hire the incompetent (great, talented artists can't be replaced like that). Pls Japan-bros, pls don't buy this. Say no to being served utter mediocrity trash like this.

Click for a manga comparison of the Blast reveal and the Saitama vs Elder Centipede "fight"
(and please do click)

EDIT: Also can someone tell me how the top review for this is a 10? How can anyone look at this horribly designed, wildly inconsistent art and animation (that had just one standout animator the whole season--who tried desperately to save it), and hear this ear-raping, cheaply put-together sound design and go "yup. This is a masterpiece.". ????? (for reference he gave both the animation and sound a 10). This has got to be butthurt, defensive fanboyism right? Subjectivity can't possibly go that far?
they actually changed blast’s frame to look really blurry in the official release of the manga since it revealed too much. The anime actually used the image from the official release. And The people who rate this anime a 10 probably are blind
Jul 6, 2019 10:23 PM
May 2019
So... I thought it was okay.

They built up this huge expectation in viewers for Garo and Saitama to fight one of these episodes. Never happened.

Silverfang and his brother are super legit. Their ultimate attack nearly worked. That was cool.

Genos almost never learns his lesson and keeps fighting until he's literally in pieces. It's stupid. One one hand, it's cool/admirable that he never gives up. Otherwise, dumb.

I know this is one of the show's selling points - Saitama doesn't really care about rank and the King-accidentally-stealing-his-limelight thing is supposed to be funny, but I'm ready for the world to know about One Punch Man already!

Also, the ending was the best part. Saitama's punch is extremely fearsome. Can't wait for the next season to see him finally fight Garo and the Monster Association. I also feel like Garo will end up fighting alongside the Hero Association for some times. Just a hunch.

My rating is 7/10
Jul 7, 2019 2:23 AM

Mar 2010
Is this even an ending? Just feels like another ordinary episode, for real.
6/10 overall
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 7, 2019 2:49 AM

May 2015
Not as good as s1, but it was better then i think after trailer. 7
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Jul 7, 2019 7:11 AM

Apr 2014
now after watching all of this season i see that a lot of people was over exaggerating how bad it looked as sure it wasn't as great as season 1 but it wasn't bad either

besides that i really enjoyed this season and am really hoping we get more anime in the near future
"one step at a time"
Jul 7, 2019 9:29 AM
Jan 2018
It ended sooo out of nowhere that I didn't even realize it had ended until today
Jul 7, 2019 3:24 PM

Apr 2018
If I wanted to watch typical shonen pulp, I'd binge any of the thousands of episodes of Bleach, Naruto, or Dragon Ball. Season 1 of OPM went beyond that pulp, worked off of it in an interesting and unique way. Season 2 became the pulp.

Hugely disappointed. 5/10
Be a better consumer.
"Look, the main difference between me and Digibro is he still likes anime."
"I can't identify with this dirtbag of a main character" is not a valid reason for hating a show.
Jul 8, 2019 11:16 AM
Jul 2016
Anax_of_Rhodes said:
If I wanted to watch typical shonen pulp, I'd binge any of the thousands of episodes of Bleach, Naruto, or Dragon Ball. Season 1 of OPM went beyond that pulp, worked off of it in an interesting and unique way. Season 2 became the pulp.

Hugely disappointed. 5/10

lamo although OPM is seinen not shonen so what you were expecting ?
Jul 8, 2019 12:36 PM

Nov 2013
I loved this season, despite the bad way how the OSTs were placed in the episodes, and I found it much better than the first, especially because of Garou, who is the best character of this series, with Tatsumaki being the second best even though she has had only a few appearances and I'm still hoping to see her having a main role in the story like Garou had in this season.
I just tried to edit Garou's role as main character in this season, by the way, since the story was clearly mostly centered around him.
Can someone please explain to me why Mumen Rider is so popular? I really don't understand it.
“Right is right even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong even if everyone is doing it.”
― Saint Augustine
Jul 8, 2019 7:57 PM

Apr 2018
KRKodama said:

Can someone please explain to me why Mumen Rider is so popular? I really don't understand it.

I can't speak for everyone, but I am a fan of Mumen Rider.

MR is the definition of an underdog, the regular guy with no powers, the biblical David against all Goliaths. He's Saitama before he became thee One-Punch Man. Of all the supporting cast, MR is the closest in attitude to Saitama, who stops at nothing, keeps getting back up, continues fighting for justice. He's a tomato-can pushover, but his heart is 110% pure moral gold and he doesn't sacrifice an ounce of it for personal gain. He's the beggar lady who dropped all two coppers she had as an offering, while all the Class A and S heroes made monstrous shows of their hubris, reflecting their lavish "generosity" onto themselves in selfish fashion.

Mumen Rider fails, but he does so while fighting. He's a bigger hero than most of the Association, in sheer commitment and drive if not in results.

I missed him dearly this season. At least the green track suit Support guy was close enough to his style and worldview. I liked him a lot this season.
Be a better consumer.
"Look, the main difference between me and Digibro is he still likes anime."
"I can't identify with this dirtbag of a main character" is not a valid reason for hating a show.
Jul 9, 2019 5:02 AM
Jul 2016
xZabuzax said:
todd2580 said:
but i think if we can stay positive as possible is better than just being toxic and ignorant people that think they didn't notice we didn't like what we got there's still hope but not a big one can't deny that since the tv version aired makes things hard but in the end Full Metal panic S4 got a lot of fixes in its BD and it might was having the same situation as OPM S2

I believe that complaining too much about this is indeed toxic but praising this kind of mediocrity is toxic as well, if you don't complain about this and only praise it then the anime studio (or production committee or whatever) will keep doing this crap over and over again so we should complain about it to let them know about our dissatisfaction and once our voice is heard then hopefully they won't make that same mistake again in the future.

Of course, we complaining over this here won't resolve the situation, we are just the minority, to resolve this situation more people need to complain about it including the Japanese people but I believe that mindlessly praising this anime will hurt it even more.

yeah i agree but all we can hope is the best and that BD fixes some errors and animation scenes and that's it and keep in mind that The anime industry is not the gaming industry, they're completely different. Everything in anime is on a significantly smaller scale compared to most medium/bigger gaming products and there's way less money involved. so they're different and you can't compare between them that much they have also different circumstances on how they made too
Jul 9, 2019 11:20 AM

Jul 2019
It was pretty good. People just like to complain. The last 3 episodes though not good as good as s1 were good animation wise. Not everyone can be as good opm s1 people. Jesus Fucking Christ.
"I'm not the protagonist of a novel or anything. I'm just a college student who likes to read, like you could find anywhere. But... if, for argument's sake, you were to write a story with me in the lead role, it would certainly be... a tragedy."

— Ken Kaneki

Jul 9, 2019 11:25 AM

Jul 2019
xZabuzax said:
todd2580 said:

The last three eps were good. If only JC staff were given a little more time they could've done good. They tried, you can see that. They didn't just blow it off like studio clown did to tokyo ghoul.
"I'm not the protagonist of a novel or anything. I'm just a college student who likes to read, like you could find anywhere. But... if, for argument's sake, you were to write a story with me in the lead role, it would certainly be... a tragedy."

— Ken Kaneki

Jul 9, 2019 5:32 PM
Nov 2016
Max09 said:
The last three eps were good. If only JC staff were given a little more time they could've done good. They tried, you can see that. They didn't just blow it off like studio clown did to tokyo ghoul.

Yes I could see that but OPM deserved more than that, they tried but it wasn't enough, it was a mediocre product and the animation wasn't the only issue with s2. It had other issues like direction, execution, pacing, sound effects, and music because most of the time they were throwing the music randomly in the scenes, the music left me no impact on most of the episodes.
Jul 9, 2019 8:53 PM

Dec 2015
well this season wasn't that bad for me the plot kept me hooked i'm glad i didn't touch the manga yet
Jul 9, 2019 10:22 PM

Aug 2016
in the top reviews of the first season there is a 5 while in the second there is a 10.
smh this alone summarize the average mal user..
Jul 9, 2019 11:47 PM
Jul 2018
There's no slight of awe from that last punch because entire S2 story execution and delivery is hard to even relate.

To summarize OPM S2, it want seriousness into a bigger story but doesn't tell and not able to finish. That also goes to most the heroes and enemies, introduces the irrelevant as filler and they vanishes barely see them doing anything again.

The entire S2 is like advert telling people go buy the manga or stfu.
Jul 10, 2019 10:17 AM

Feb 2010
So i have been w8 for saitama to go kick the monster kings ass and i got 1 scene of him.
The new genos metal body still loked bad even in this episode.
Garo was just a dude who liked monsters more then heroes.
Jul 10, 2019 11:31 AM
Jul 2016
Max09 said:
xZabuzax said:

well...yeah they tried at least wished realy really reallllllllly that they were have time dude too and actually i don't think the clown really wanted to screw RE and here's my evidence https://curiouscat.me/PurpleGeth/post/896521781
https://curiouscat.me/PurpleGeth/post/657612099
also keep in mind they was working on Boruto and Black Clover in the same time i actually blame TV Tokyo for making them do much filler which they do because of other factors too
Jul 11, 2019 6:30 AM

May 2007
season 2? It was more like Garo: the hero hunter spinoff

Jul 11, 2019 1:00 PM

Jun 2017
a pretty good season that unfortunately had no chance because of rabid fanboy.
Jul 11, 2019 11:09 PM

Nov 2016
felt very lacking IMHO. as others have said, it felt more like as garo was the main character, and that the tourny was very long drawn. we all knew deep down inside had saitama knew all the poop happening around the season he wouldve handled them all.

i also havent read the manga so just purely going by season 1 perspective.
anime/manga version of steam would be awesome - https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1625396
Jul 12, 2019 6:10 AM

Mar 2015
I guess we're gonna have to wait for a third season someday then!

8/10, really wanted to see Saitama obliterate more enemies but meh. Maybe this is to set things up for the future?

Not gonna read the manga.
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Jul 12, 2019 12:22 PM

Feb 2015
The first half of this season was seriously lacking, but they somewhat turned things around in the 2nd half. While still not satisfied with the end result, I'll say it didn't end nearly as badly as I thought it would when the show was like 5 episodes in. The last few episodes were a lot more focused on the main scenario and had some decently animated sequences. I do hope they find a better team to work on this for the next season if we ever get it. Going from season 1 into this was painful to say the least (though not completely surprising considering the level of visual quality the first season offered).

KRKodama said:

He's the definition of the underdog character type, and underdogs are generally popular character types because they're relatable to a lot of people. Underdogs have to work hard to achieve what others get naturally or through chance or other shortcuts. Mumen Rider, despite having no special powers of his own lives in a world that is dominated by superheroes and overpowered monsters, which in turn makes him severely outclassed by pretty much just about anything that isn't a regular human, still acts as a traditional hero. He's willing to sacrifice his life for the safety of the people. He doesn't back down, even when up against overwhelming odds and knowing he has no chance of winning. He's driven by his desire to help people, no matter how bad the situation may be.
MilenninJul 12, 2019 12:34 PM
Jul 12, 2019 1:42 PM

Oct 2009
Dont know what these flashbacks were about. They tried to make us sympathetic towards Garo. If thats the case atleast give some valid reason other than " i was retarded and didnt want to be a hero, but got mad when they said I should be a monster instead" .
Gib [img] plz
Jul 14, 2019 1:55 AM

Jul 2013
King engine! Lol but seriously Saitama one-punching bitches is just so damn fun to see.
Pages (8) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » One Punch Man 2nd Season Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

xShinigami3125 - Apr 23, 2019

369 by FedeMetal »»
Jun 4, 8:22 PM

Poll: » One Punch Man 2nd Season Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 9, 2019

582 by FedeMetal »»
Jun 3, 8:55 PM

» Saitama an alien??

rikuhod - Jan 10, 2017

28 by Absurdo_N »»
Jun 2, 6:22 PM

Poll: » One Punch Man 2nd Season Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

xShinigami3125 - Jun 25, 2019

202 by FarCritical »»
May 17, 12:13 PM

Poll: » One Punch Man 2nd Season Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jun 18, 2019

201 by FarCritical »»
May 17, 11:27 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.