Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
That Time I got Reincarnated as a Slime
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Jan 7, 2019 2:02 PM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Impressive in how Rimuru nullified Gelmud's strongest attack that easily. It was amusing seeing Rimuru beat the crap out of Gelmud to knock his ego down. The Ork lord turning on Gelmud though was quite the surprise. Guess he never anticipated that his pawn would not just follow his plan but use him as part of that process too. That ork lord though was certainly a formidable enemy though due to how he increases his power so often. Rimuru sure ended that fight in a most interesting way. Loved the expansion on the orc lord's personality. Glad Rimuru managed to end things here in the best way possible.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 7, 2019 2:08 PM

Mar 2018
Fantastic episode and fantastic view of Shion's oppai at the end.

5/5

"Ehehehe.....I did my best!" - Pururut
Jan 7, 2019 2:09 PM

Mar 2018
Briandias said:
Any one realized rimuru hair suddenly get longer lol

I actually noticed that too, it was a nice little detail to catch

"Ehehehe.....I did my best!" - Pururut
Jan 7, 2019 2:10 PM

Feb 2017
Atavistic said:
Honestly pretty disappointed with the fight. After all this build-up (about four or five episodes of it at glacial pacing), this was just lots of showing off at first before Rimuru turns on Great Sage's autopilot function (where the hell did that come from?) for some more stakeless showing off before finally doing what he knows full well he could have done from the very beginning. When he can just eat everyone there is literally zero stakes so what reason is there to care, especially when the show spent so long trying to hype everything up as ultra-high stakes here?

Speaking of this, Rimuru could expand quickly enough to eat Veldora without a problem, so other than Geld's struggling (which seemed to have negligible effects on Rimuru anyway) why did it take so long this time? More time to show off needlessly?

Also, if it hasn't been said enough, fuck Gabiru. As Gelmud said, he's a complete idiot and total waste of space.

I guess ppl just can't figure things out by themselves huh? xD

why was great sage able to posses rimuru?
well, rimuru did devour ifrit didn't he?, it's one of ifrit ability then, [possessing/controlling someone/the host]

why didn't rimuru devour geld in an insta? , he was able to consume veldora n ifrit in 2 seconds wasn't it?
1. veldora didn't resist at all , he let rimuru ate him
2. ifrit kinda completely caught off guard by it , thus he couldn't even react whatsoever . not to mention, rimuru has this [ thermal fluctuations resistance ] what could ifrit possibly do? nothing lol
3. as for geld, he could actually fight back , he managed to literally obliterate rimuru's slime body but he just couldn't bypass rimuru's [ ultra speed regen ] .
the thing about rimuru is , in order to beat him u need to one shot him in one go/instantly to an atomic level or else you'd get outlived by him

also, did u even watch the build up in the previous ep?
the kijins n ranga kinda powerful u know, yet in this ep they couldn't do jack shit against geld . it should be noted , this is the first time somebody can actually resist rimuru's predator too .
Lab_Rat_0978Jan 7, 2019 2:39 PM
Jan 7, 2019 3:10 PM
Nov 2017
this anime never disappoints. Always calms me down after school xd
Jan 7, 2019 3:33 PM
Apr 2016
i think the fight was better in the manga, but i'm satisfice
Jan 7, 2019 3:50 PM

Feb 2014
Every character has a story to tell, some of good deeds while some of bad deeds done for good.
RIP Geld.
When someone asks me why I like anime, I'd say Just Because.

Jan 7, 2019 4:08 PM

Apr 2015
They sure don't waste any time jumping straight into the action after the week break, this was probably the best episode so far. The Orc Lord destroying Gelmud was awesome... Idk why that was so satisfying to see.

The Kaijin also had their moment of shine to fight the Orc Lord but it didn't seem to harm him enough.

To think in the end it would become a contest who can eat the other quickest. Ofc Rimuru would become victorious.

Great start of the second cour if you ask me, new ED sounds nice as well!
Jan 7, 2019 4:54 PM

Dec 2014
Great episode.

The first attack by Shion with Hakurou cutting of the Orc Lord's name was too damn awesome. xD

I loved the fight between Rimuru/Great Sage and the Orc Lord and I personally wanted more of it. I had a feeling it would come down to Rimuru eating the Orc Lord but I kinda wish there was a bigger more grander battle before Rimuru ate him.

Animation was top notch, great job and I'm happy the production for this remains consistent.

The Orc Lord turned out to be a kind leader trying to save his brethren. :(

Looking forward to what happens from now.

Jan 7, 2019 4:54 PM
Feb 2016
the name of ost pls ep 14 between 11:50 to 14:00
Jan 7, 2019 5:06 PM

Aug 2015
That was an amazing episode. Definitely one of the best ones yet. The animation and music is great as always though I feel like we have missed some information regarding the thing with the great sage.
It's only a passing thing, this shadow. Even darkness must pass. A new day will come. And when the sun shines it will shine out the clearer.
Jan 7, 2019 5:10 PM

Apr 2009
Auto-battle mode looks and performs great even in the short time it was shown but the Great Sage seems a bit slow even in recalculating tactical options, alternatives and contingencies in an on-going and changing battlescape. I presume it was locked on a particular tactical plan and it seems in the process of quickly recalculating other tactical plans right after Flare Circle is confirmed ineffective...and that's when Rimuru asked to take over, I would've liked to see what the Great Sage next plan and action was. Oh well, moving on.

Ah poor Pork Lord, I mean Orc Lord! LOL It seems he was actually an OK and responsible guy for an Orc, desperation and responsibility to his people/race drove him to the dark side.
You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
Jan 7, 2019 5:29 PM
Mar 2012
The anime forgot to introduce Gelds corrosive gas that leaks out of his body, it allowed him to devour things it touched. It gave Rimiru a hard time and is why he had such trouble trying to eat Geld. I some people might like that tid bit.
Jan 7, 2019 5:50 PM

Jan 2008
nina444 said:
kevin_video said:

Yeah, I was disappointed by that too. However, it was nice to see Rimiru smacking him around too.

if u read the light novel , it's pretty much the same .

I'm guessing they're staying closer to the light novel then. Makes me wonder why the manga is so different from it.
I reject your reality, and substitute my own.
Jan 7, 2019 6:01 PM

Jan 2018
To be honest the fight was kinda lame :P
I like this show but they should make better fights.
Jan 7, 2019 6:12 PM

Oct 2015
That was an emotional epically, well animated episode. The way Rimuru used the predator skill left me excited for the next episode. Poor Gel though!

Great episode.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Jan 7, 2019 6:28 PM

Jul 2016
Emotional and Underwhelming episode, glad that the Orc King arc is finished. Looking forward to next.

Jan 7, 2019 6:32 PM

May 2017
So I heard this chapter was adapted from the LN, smfh should've go for the manga instead, the lines in the manga was cheesy good, this however was just cringeyworthy, even the fight scenes was way better, you know it was when Shion's clash against the Orc Disaster was more choreography well done than Rimuru's lol

I really hate to compare coz this is such a faithful adaptation that gets bits and pieces from both LN and manga but at this point the manga is far superior
Jan 7, 2019 6:32 PM

Dec 2015
no comments from benimaru and co about how rimuru becamce so swift at fighting, and how hard it is to coat the sword in flame, they just standing there like they dont care, they prolong the gabiru scene by letting him get attacked twice.....
i think reading the manga made me enjoy this less. well im still looking forward tho
Jan 7, 2019 7:09 PM
Nov 2015
They cut some scene ( acid gas leak, and rimuru friend torture geld, but it's still ok. I do rather watch cut content instead original end scene.

In manga don't have scene rimuru absorb all those magic projectiles wonder it's from LN ? I don't remember any those action from WN as well.

I can agree the orc Lord battle much more better in manga and more emotional in manga.

But it's fine for anime only audience.
For manga readers or WN readers we still not satisfied or maybe we just ask too much :3 ?
redcobraJan 7, 2019 8:16 PM
Jan 7, 2019 7:40 PM

Dec 2013
A hype battle. I wished it was a little longer tho.

I didn’t expect a sudden backstory for the Geld. Feeding kids his arm is hardcore!

Shion is massive at the end!
Jan 7, 2019 8:02 PM

Jun 2016
the last battle kinda ok, but geld back story cover it
nice episode
Jan 7, 2019 8:14 PM

Dec 2018
Do they remind me why rimuru could not activate the predatory ability from the beginning of the fight?
Jan 7, 2019 8:19 PM
Nov 2015
Fede_5000 said:
Do they remind me why rimuru could not activate the predatory ability from the beginning of the fight?

In manga rimuru has chance to lose, great sage said about chance % to eat orc Lord there was a struggle because the orc Lord can eat rimuru as well.

Rimuru can win the battle because he talk to the orc Lord to make sure he take all burden and sin then allow rimuru to eat him.
Jan 7, 2019 8:21 PM

Jan 2013
Damn, what a great episode! I wasn't expecting for that mini-feels story.
In the end, he was just doing the best for his people, to not let them starve. I wonder how Rimuru didn't invite them to the village xD

I find Rimuru's devour skill kinda broken, he can eat anything, hope there will be an enemy that he won't be able to eat. Great story tho, and great fights.

"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Jan 7, 2019 8:37 PM
Aug 2015
nina444 said:
Grey-Zone said:

From Kaijin and/or Kurobee, of course. They were having a passionate discussion about smithing back in EP11, remember?

yep, the anime skipped the part where the kijins n rimuru got their equipments n clothes . it was from shuuna n kurobee . most likely they deliberately skipped this part to keep it as light novel n manga exclusive .
I mean, we gotta remember the main purpose of anime being made in general is as advertisement for the source material after all .

exactly, people tend to forget this. some part is obviously left in order to get the non manga or LN to read the manga and LN. thats a nice strategy though.

unfortunately, the non japanese have no other choice than read the pirated one
de_structJan 7, 2019 8:40 PM
Jan 7, 2019 8:45 PM
Mar 2016
There are official multiple language version of slime out there
It not limit to Japanese nos
Jan 7, 2019 9:48 PM
Mar 2018
If you want to read the ln it's available in yen press (4 vol currently)

Vol 5 in march (when the anime will end)

It's in english so feel free if you want some deeper lore and explanation to some weird anime plot point ( like what the hell rimuru current skill number and name exactly which weren't really the focus in the anime )
Jan 7, 2019 9:55 PM
Jan 2016
Good episode!

The fight was amazing, and was nice to see Kijins and Ranga fighting at first against Geld's Demon Lord form, Rimuru fight against Geld was awesome, Wise mode was interesting, and of course that Rimuru would use predator and devour him.

I am glad that Geld was a good at last, as we see in Geld past, RIP Geld.

I am glad that Ogres still want to be Rimuru's subordinates, and i wonder what will happen with orc people, seems next episode will talk about that, by the title!
Jan 7, 2019 10:10 PM
Mar 2015
Glad that Devoured was able to overcome starved In the end the Orc King was absolved of his sins and able to pass on. His people were glad that their king was free at last
Jan 7, 2019 10:17 PM

Feb 2017
de_struct said:
nina444 said:

yep, the anime skipped the part where the kijins n rimuru got their equipments n clothes . it was from shuuna n kurobee . most likely they deliberately skipped this part to keep it as light novel n manga exclusive .
I mean, we gotta remember the main purpose of anime being made in general is as advertisement for the source material after all .

exactly, people tend to forget this. some part is obviously left in order to get the non manga or LN to read the manga and LN. thats a nice strategy though.

unfortunately, the non japanese have no other choice than read the pirated one

finally...
someone with the voice of reasonㄟ( ̄▽ ̄ㄟ)
Jan 7, 2019 10:23 PM
Jun 2017
yeah!!! love that battle scene, as rimuru started from great sage mode up until the slime mode. it sure did that orc lord is hard to defeat well that even the great sage mode didnt able to beat that one. and then the battle of eaten and be eaten finished this one...

Jan 7, 2019 10:29 PM

Apr 2018
AivanK said:
Damn, what a great episode! I wasn't expecting for that mini-feels story.
In the end, he was just doing the best for his people, to not let them starve. I wonder how Rimuru didn't invite them to the village xD

I find Rimuru's devour skill kinda broken, he can eat anything, hope there will be an enemy that he won't be able to eat. Great story tho, and great fights.

good for you, there will be a new character that 10000 times more powerful than rimuru in the next or two more episode :)
Jan 7, 2019 10:39 PM

Aug 2017
I give the episode a 4 out of 5. I take a point off for the Gelmud stuff. It was a bit silly that this guy had spent all this time silently working behind the scene to hatch a demon lord, but then suddenly just outs himself and starts insulting all these powerful people and gets himself killed like an idiot. Either he's a clever schemer, or he's an idiot, but he can't be both.

The fight itself was good, although that autopilot mode came out of nowhere. If you're going to introduce a brand new move like that, you should probably win with it, not turn it right back off and do what you should've have done from the first second and just eaten the guy. I'm going to stop over analyzing it, because I'm going to analyze the episode down to a 2 out of 5. LOL.

Jan 7, 2019 10:54 PM
Mar 2018
Injenss said:
I give the episode a 4 out of 5. I take a point off for the Gelmud stuff. It was a bit silly that this guy had spent all this time silently working behind the scene to hatch a demon lord, but then suddenly just outs himself and starts insulting all these powerful people and gets himself killed like an idiot. Either he's a clever schemer, or he's an idiot, but he can't be both.

The fight itself was good, although that autopilot mode came out of nowhere. If you're going to introduce a brand new move like that, you should probably win with it, not turn it right back off and do what you should've have done from the first second and just eaten the guy. I'm going to stop over analyzing it, because I'm going to analyze the episode down to a 2 out of 5. LOL.

1. Gelmud is an idiot, paranoia, scaredy cat. (He become a demon lord official simply because he's scared of most monster and demon so he want someone strong as his backing, the same with orc disaster, it's just to show his loyalty to his demon lord so he will not be abandoned.)

If you're wondering who drive him to this extent than I guess the only explanation could only be Leon Afk Cromwell, seriously this guy is scary as fuck.

2.the thing is rimuru is potrayed to be this unfazed individual but deep inside he is worrywat like ainz, He left everything to great sage also due to the fact he realized that he is weaker than geld.

Great sage is basicly google + AI + scanner so that should explain a lot of stuff

3. He do try to eat the orclord in the LN he asked great sage what's the % and due to it's low number he abandoned that notion only to pick it up when great sage miscalculated geld resistance (which like a suprise to rimuru cause, well he consider great sage to be his absolute victory insta button, so when great sage fail it was like, oh... Shit... )

Hope it help lol
Jan 7, 2019 11:01 PM

Jun 2017
Pretty decent episode. The fights were awesome, the animation and effects exciting and fun to watch. The only problem I have is that it's getting old watching Rimuru destroy literally anything and everything without a problem. I was hoping that the battle with the Orc Lord / Demon Lord would be more interesting, but at least Geld turned out to be a semi-complex character.

My Anime Blog
Jan 7, 2019 11:28 PM

Jun 2015
they r using manga as source material? or novels? can we go beyond manga at the end of the series? cuz novels r so far ahead.
Jan 7, 2019 11:36 PM

May 2015
Rimuru better eat Geld at the end of all this...

AUTO-BATTLE!? BOO! BORING!

Yeah! Turn off that Auto-Battle! This isn't FFXIII!

And he eats Geld, along with his powers and his sins.

The Kijin could have been set free, but now they willingly pledge their allegiance to Rimuru.

All that's left now is the Orcs. Jura Forest Alliance? Does that mean that Rimuru gets the Orcs on his side too? Are you saying that he's got Goblins, Wolves, Ogres, and now Orcs? All Rimuru needs now are trolls and the team will be complete! FOR THE HORDE!!!
Jan 7, 2019 11:47 PM

Dec 2012
SLIME + MOB PSYCHO THIS SEASON!

Jan 7, 2019 11:55 PM

Dec 2018
Pretty decent episode. The fights were awesome, the animation and effects exciting and fun to watch. The only problem I have is that it's getting old watching Rimuru destroy literally anything and everything without a problem. I was hoping that the battle with the Orc Lord / Demon Lord would be more interesting, but at least Geld turned out to be a semi-complex character.
My Anime Blog
profile picture is saitama, ironic
Jan 8, 2019 12:13 AM
Jul 2016
Enryu231 said:
This is awesome anime. Even the villains are well written characters.

Is it just me or the villains has more touching story than Shizue?
Jan 8, 2019 12:47 AM

Feb 2017
Tarotist said:
Rimuru better eat Geld at the end of all this...

AUTO-BATTLE!? BOO! BORING!

Yeah! Turn off that Auto-Battle! This isn't FFXIII!

And he eats Geld, along with his powers and his sins.

The Kijin could have been set free, but now they willingly pledge their allegiance to Rimuru.

All that's left now is the Orcs. Jura Forest Alliance? Does that mean that Rimuru gets the Orcs on his side too? Are you saying that he's got Goblins, Wolves, Ogres, and now Orcs? All Rimuru needs now are trolls and the team will be complete! FOR THE HORDE!!!

if it's mundane, why are u still watchn it son? lol
Jan 8, 2019 1:02 AM
Jul 2012
I am excited for new episode I love the ending this one
nepu nepu
Jan 8, 2019 1:03 AM

Feb 2017
tofei said:
Auto-battle mode looks and performs great even in the short time it was shown but the Great Sage seems a bit slow even in recalculating tactical options, alternatives and contingencies in an on-going and changing battlescape. I presume it was locked on a particular tactical plan and it seems in the process of quickly recalculating other tactical plans right after Flare Circle is confirmed ineffective...and that's when Rimuru asked to take over, I would've liked to see what the Great Sage next plan and action was. Oh well, moving on.

Ah poor Pork Lord, I mean Orc Lord! LOL It seems he was actually an OK and responsible guy for an Orc, desperation and responsibility to his people/race drove him to the dark side.

the thing about great sage is she's too perfectionist , she will never put rimuru in danger . that's the reason she chose not to use predator on geld , it's too risky .

imagine like sora x shiro - no game no life .
shiro has this super perfect calculation hax but she's kinda unable to think outside the box sometimes. while sora is the other way around , he's really good at gambling lol
Lab_Rat_0978Jan 8, 2019 1:06 AM
Jan 8, 2019 1:34 AM
Jan 2019
I like how it reminded us (or me at least) that there isn't JUST the forest and the big city, there's an entire world, and it hyped me up for every episode to come. Literally my favourite anime, I can't stop smiling when I watch it.
Jan 8, 2019 3:21 AM

Jun 2013
Why are my eyes wet? They must be bleeding... TEARS!!!

Why did they make me cry for the Orc Lord? Gelmud dying and getting his head sliced off and devoured by Orc Lord was the best.

I couldn't even appreciate Shion's magnificent titty-lage towards the end when she laid her bountiful Godzilla tits on Rimuru because I was still hurting and crying over the Orc Lord.
臭い-
Jan 8, 2019 3:38 AM
Nov 2016
So the orc was good boi who was manipulated.

Idk why Rimuru said he'd grown to like Gabiru tho, dumbass lizard. Shion got to show off some fighting skills.
Jan 8, 2019 3:45 AM

Feb 2017
kevin_video said:
nina444 said:

if u read the light novel , it's pretty much the same .

I'm guessing they're staying closer to the light novel then. Makes me wonder why the manga is so different from it.

yeah, in the ln it's rimuru who beat the shit out of gelmud.. but rimuru is really cruel , the fight is so gruesome n longer .
Jan 8, 2019 3:50 AM

Feb 2017
thesarcasticguy said:

Idk why Rimuru said he'd grown to like Gabiru tho, dumbass lizard. Shion got to show off some fighting skills.

because gabiru is a fabulous person n rimuru knows it
Jan 8, 2019 3:59 AM
Nov 2016
nina444 said:
thesarcasticguy said:

because gabiru is a fabulous person n rimuru knows it

Idk, I don't like Gabiru at all, my hatred did lessen a bit when he tried to protect his fellow lizardmen while fighting the orc general but overall I still hate him. Kinda hoping he'd die tbh but. Maybe he'll get character development or something.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tensei shitara Slime Datta Ken Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 18, 2019

288 by KazukiWang »»
Jun 2, 10:02 PM

Poll: » Tensei shitara Slime Datta Ken Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 19, 2018

291 by Psicrom »»
May 28, 10:08 PM

» Watch order

Holy_Momo - Jan 27

19 by good4y0u »»
May 26, 9:30 PM

Poll: » Tensei shitara Slime Datta Ken Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Oct 15, 2018

219 by Nobuaki_Niti »»
May 5, 11:28 AM

Poll: » Tensei shitara Slime Datta Ken Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 30, 2018

396 by Nobuaki_Niti »»
May 5, 11:26 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.