Most Overrated/Underrated Anime Discussion Thread v.5

New
Pages (85) « First ... « 31 32 [33] 34 35 » ... Last »
May 20, 2018 10:14 AM
Aug 2016
*insert [x] anime that you don't like and considered that as "overrated"*
May 20, 2018 10:15 AM

Feb 2018
Why do we always spread animosity? This is why we can't have nice things. We always want to spread hate and spark senseless arguments.. Why?

Anyways, basically people have different tastes. To each their own. I don't see them as overrated but I like to use the word "underrated" to some. It's also to avoid flaming and conflicts. Being nice could go a long way, too.
May 20, 2018 10:36 AM

Dec 2017
80% of this thread is just complaining about the creation of this thread. wp op

Feb 2016
So the new trend is to repeat that no one can use the word overrated anymore? duh

alias08 said:
Great another one of these threads just because you don't like it doesn't mean it's overrated

Of course bad series with high scores are overrated o_O
llorandoMay 20, 2018 10:42 AM

Sep 2015
Gabriel DropOut
Durarara!!
Konosuba
Darling in the FranXX
N.etorare T.echnical R.esearcher
May 20, 2018 10:37 AM

Feb 2018
Monster said:
xShinigami3125 said:
This is the second thread with this topic just today.....
Why do you care ? U wont find a single indisputably good anime so if you search long enough u ll always find someone who thinks a certain series is overrated, that's because people have different tastes.

You seem pretty upset about something so minor. If you've encountered the topic before, simply don't engage in it.

OT: Texhnolyze.

How did you conclude that I was upset ? I simply felt though the Ops question was futile and had an urge to tell him that.
May 20, 2018 10:52 AM

Aug 2012
xShinigami3125 said:
Monster said:

You seem pretty upset about something so minor. If you've encountered the topic before, simply don't engage in it.

OT: Texhnolyze.

How did you conclude that I was upset ? I simply felt though the Ops question was futile and had an urge to tell him that.

That's how I interpreted your approach to the OP.
Futile? He's simply asking the question of what people think of anime that are received well and how your opinion contrast it. It's a relative question, it is indeed about taste.
u ll always find someone who thinks a certain series is overrated

Yes, OP was asking for it, not a lecture.
May 20, 2018 11:12 AM

Aug 2017
greymood said:
alias08 said:
Great another one of these threads just because you don't like it doesn't mean it's overrated

Of course but most of the time people will only list animes that they hated and dub it as overrated and an anime could be shit to me and could be a gem to others. It depends on the individual themselves as to what they consider to be good or bad or what score it should have.
May 20, 2018 11:14 AM

Jul 2015
Toradora : the most disgusting love story after nisekoi

Why they got so much love?
two words : tsundere fags
May 20, 2018 11:19 AM

Apr 2018
tragedydesu said:

Was considering Toradora but I hate the tsundere trope so I might wait
May 20, 2018 11:20 AM

Jun 2017
It's gotta be one punch man and fairy tail.
Dont get me wrong i loved fairy tail in 2011 but the 'nakama power' just made me dislike it as the series went on.
May 20, 2018 11:28 AM

Feb 2016
alias08 said:
greymood said:

Of course but most of the time people will only list animes that they hated and dub it as overrated and an anime could be shit to me and could be a gem to others. It depends on the individual themselves as to what they consider to be good or bad or what score it should have.

No one is denying that. It goes without saying that when you say something is overrated it's your own individual idea that something >you< think is bad is overpraised by others

It's different from a case where you don't seem to like X anime/manga/book/movie nearly as much as others but you still acknowledge that it has it's qualities and deserves the praising, but it's just not your cup of tea

At this point it is in fact a buzzword but it doesn't necessarily mean that it has no meaning whatsoever...
llorandoMay 20, 2018 11:32 AM
May 20, 2018 11:29 AM

Apr 2018
Aot
megalo box
Bnha
Ouran high school host club
May 20, 2018 11:32 AM
May 2015
evangelion
it was influential and innovative/fresh at its time sure,
but its not that great as a story in and of itself
May 20, 2018 11:47 AM

Jul 2015
Viltas said:
tragedydesu said:

I see you everywhere and you always mention Toradora. I really don't like the show either but damn you hate it with a passion. lol

Anime who glorify abusive relationships deserve to be hated

I'll keep bashing those pieces of shit until i die
May 20, 2018 11:50 AM

Jul 2015
HMMMM you know if you want my honest opinion, it would probably be...

Gabriel DropOut, Durarara!!, Kono Subarashii Sekai ni Shukufuku wo! 2, Kono Subarashii Sekai ni Shukufuku wo!, Darling in the FranXX

Most overrated anime of all time, anyone who has these exact anime on their favourites list it probably a cuntfaggot.
May 20, 2018 11:54 AM
Jan 2016
Angel Beats, Deadman Wonderland, Re:Zero, Lain
May 20, 2018 11:56 AM

Apr 2018
existentialist said:
HMMMM you know if you want my honest opinion, it would probably be...

Gabriel DropOut, Durarara!!, Kono Subarashii Sekai ni Shukufuku wo! 2, Kono Subarashii Sekai ni Shukufuku wo!, Darling in the FranXX

Most overrated anime of all time, anyone who has these exact anime on their favourites list it probably a cuntfaggot.

Ahahaha I see what you did there. Got a chuckle out of me lol
May 20, 2018 1:00 PM
Jul 2018
Nanatsu no Taizai because is too generic and predictable
May 20, 2018 1:05 PM
Jul 2018
Onepiece, Dragonball, FMA, bleach, naruto
May 20, 2018 1:15 PM

Jun 2017
Frozen is overrated asf , Zootopia and Big Hero 6 are much better.

May 20, 2018 1:46 PM

Dec 2017
Jare4lopez said:

pfff, hahah. i can't get enough of these frozen haters... elsa is best waifu. period. get over it!!!
May 20, 2018 1:50 PM

Jun 2017
uninstallthegame said:
Jare4lopez said:

pfff, hahah. i can't get enough of these frozen haters... elsa is best waifu. period. get over it!!!

I don't care who's best girl dude , that movie is average at most and it even managed to make more money than Toy Story 3 , which is one of the best animated movies of all time , that's why it's overrated asf.

May 20, 2018 1:55 PM

Aug 2016
Real answer - Meh, I don't get why a lot of people love MHA so much and act like it's perfect, but hype is powerful and bestows rose tinting for the eyes. Personally I like it, but I acknowledge the flaws.

Super Real Answer - Everything, all love and attention should be for me! For me!!!!!

JokerVenturaMay 20, 2018 2:02 PM
“I just spent the last two years thinking that you guys knew more than me about life and I just found out that you guys are just as dumb as me.” “Duh-doy.” “Yeah, duh-doy.”
May 20, 2018 2:11 PM
Aug 2016
None. Stop using this rubbish word, cheers.
May 20, 2018 2:24 PM

Oct 2017
N4rk said:
In your opinion what are some overrated anime which get too much love and attention, and why?

Futa Club is the only objective masterpiece. Everything else is overrated trash.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 20, 2018 2:26 PM
Oct 2017
Naruto- people think it's the best anime ever
Dragon ball- Fanbase is ridiculous
OPM- It's too overhyped to the point were the anime just got me bored and made me fall asleep
DxD- These 12 yr olds fighting about who has the biggest tits or who has the best tits gets boring to read, and the new animation plus voice actors are kind killing me
Kick logic to the curb and do the impossible.
May 20, 2018 2:32 PM

Dec 2017
Code Geass. I can understand why people like it, and I really tried to like it, but deus ex machina and plot holes it's too much for me.
May 20, 2018 4:04 PM

May 2018
Kimi no Na wa - Even the creator said the film feels incomplete and unbalanced because of budget issues and because they didn't had enough time and asked people to stop hyping it

Cowboy Bebop - For some reason I didn't enjoy this show that much, I have no idea why people are praising it like it's the best anime of all time
May 20, 2018 5:46 PM

Jul 2017
N4rk said:
Daisetsu-Kun said:
Almost all of the top 200 anime in popularity are overrated.

Does that include your precious Noragami at #15 haha?

Oddly enough, yes, it also includes:

Gabriel DropOut
Durarara!!
Konosuba
Darling in the FranXX
May 20, 2018 11:56 PM

Apr 2015
Most overrated anime?

Soul Eater
Made in Abyss
Hunter x Hunter
One Punch Man
observing a woman's body
May 21, 2018 12:05 AM
Jul 2018
FMA is way overrated on this site. it definitely doesn't deserve #1

actually i disagree with the entire top 20 on this site.
May 21, 2018 12:29 AM
May 2018
Evangelion

At least in some respects, like the "saving the world using giant mechas" and Angels crap. That was just too generic and "typical" for me. Not all that fun...

Not to mention the unnecessary Bible references that didn't really "add" anything meaningful to the story, like calling that one "first EVA" (or was it an Angel?) "Adam"... just because. Just seemed extremely pretentious, like the people behind NGE wanted to make it seem "a lot more mystical and cryptic" to overcompensate for other flaws.

If anything, for me, the really-redeeming aspects of Evangelion were the "human interest" parts- namely the funny and interesting interactions between various main characters and how they grow and develop. The last few episodes were pretty reflective and really gave you 'a great new look' at the main characters' pasts and how they became the way they are, which, in a way, kind-of "redeemed" the other bs before that.
But not a whole lot...

The show, perhaps, could've been so much more, if only Hideaki Anno had led the project in a better state of mind, rather than when he had major depression, which probably clouded his judgment plot-wise going forward.

Granted, there are the reboot movies, which I guess... do sort-of redeem the series, but they're only an hour or hour-and-a-half long each (and only 3 or 4 total)?
Whoo711May 21, 2018 12:33 AM
May 21, 2018 10:13 AM

Mar 2017
This past weekend I watched Mary and the Witch's Flower and thought it was the best of Hiromasa Yonebayashi's three films to date, but its current rating of 7.44 is well below that of his two previous films, The Secret World of Arrietty (8.06) and When Marnie Was There (8.28). Could it be because the two earlier films got a boost from the Studio Ghibli name?
A møøse once bit my sister...
Aug 9, 2018 7:37 AM

Aug 2017
I don't know what to say to be honest. Some say the word "overrated" itself is subjective and I kind of agree. Now I want to ask you what you think is overrated and most importantly why since idk how can one motivate his choice without anyone getting triggered lol.

Once I shit talked Ping Pong and I got giant paragraphs of why is good. Still don't like it but oh well. I want to hear you now.
Aug 9, 2018 7:40 AM

Jun 2017
Don't know but I feel Steven Universe is a bit overrated as there are way better shows such as Gumball and Gravity Falls

Aug 9, 2018 7:43 AM

Aug 2015
This again? Well, I never got bored of this topic anyway so let's fuel the fire!!

SAO

There, done. XD

I'm starting to get embarrassed by my own forum signature line.. XD
Aug 9, 2018 7:44 AM

Apr 2018
I really don't see the appeal in Stiens;Gate and I doubt I ever will, it was b o r i n g. Same goes for FLCL, I'm not a fan of the nOthINg maKEs SEnse CausE FUck YOU thing.

Aug 9, 2018 7:47 AM

May 2017
Ping pong's great anyone who talks shit about it is overrated.

but seriously it still baffles me that some people take cartoons this seriously.(of course except the people who make money out of it)
Aug 9, 2018 7:47 AM
Jul 2018
Maybe JoJo is a tad overrated tbh. It's a good fun show don't get me wrong, but the story isn't anything special. To some people meme value alone makes it 11/10 I guess.
Aug 9, 2018 7:51 AM

May 2014
All the ones in the MAL top and all anime I dislike.
Aug 9, 2018 7:52 AM

Apr 2016
Anime is general is pretty overrated
Aug 9, 2018 7:53 AM

Apr 2018
This is just my opinion but I think that Baccano! is overrated. The story appears to be innovative but only serves to confuse the viewer and the characters are all quite basic. Additionally, Isaac and Miria are both reasonably annoying, but I'm sure many will disagree with me on that.

Please feel free to tell me what you think. Not trying to hurt you guys but Baccano! is pretty good and at the same time pretty overrated.
Aug 9, 2018 7:56 AM

Aug 2017
Fate Zero, I thought it was so boring and uninteresting. The characters are so one dimensional and simple even when they try to make them look otherwise. I still think it's a decent anime but the amount of hype it gets it's ridiculous.

May 2015
One recent anime I found overrated by most of the community is Made in Abyss.

anniechrist said:
I really don't see the appeal in Stiens;Gate and I doubt I ever will, it was b o r i n g. Same goes for FLCL, I'm not a fan of the nOthINg maKEs SEnse CausE FUck YOU thing.
People mostly like the drama in the second half. Some others like the waifus and otaku culture in the anime.

GreenSoap said:
Maybe JoJo is a tad overrated tbh. It's a good fun show don't get me wrong, but the story isn't anything special. To some people meme value alone makes it 11/10 I guess.
Haven't heard on anyone praising JoJo because of its story tho, except for part 7.
What made it one of the biggest franchises in Japan was the introduction of Stands in part 3 which changed fighting of battle shounen manga.
Memes are something I enjoy afterwards but the show is funny enough (hilarious at times) by itself too.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

Oct 2017
I could talk about MAL scores and how certain shows are given higher scores than I think they deserve, but MAL scores are bogus anyway. I'd have to say My Hero Academia.
Aug 9, 2018 8:01 AM
Jul 2018
Dragon Ball Z, I don't understand why so many people like it, I didn't find anything special about it, the whole anime was just a bunch of action scenes and overpowered heroes and villains. Steins gate is also pretty over-rated, the plot's good but it can be very boring at times, I almost fell asleep while watching it.
Aug 9, 2018 8:03 AM

Oct 2015
Bringing my list would only lead to a gluttonous fist page of the whole top 200 anime, but that's basing it on the consensus of the score, but there are others.

π”šπ”žπ”«π”«π”ž 𝔱𝔬𝔲𝔠π”₯ 𝔢𝔬𝔲,
π”šπ”žπ”«π”±π”¦π”«' 𝔢𝔬𝔲 𝔴𝔦𝔱π”₯ π”žπ”©π”© π”ͺ𝔢 π”ͺ𝔦𝔀π”₯𝔱

Aug 9, 2018 8:09 AM

Mar 2017
Cory in the House is hella overrated amn
Aug 9, 2018 8:09 AM
Pages (85) « First ... « 31 32 [33] 34 35 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Looks like mecha anime's are dead. RIP, giant robots. ( 1 2 3 )

Gashadokur0 - Jun 23

137 by Oppai_Loli_God »»
12 minutes ago

» If you could do one major change in an Anime, what would it be?

MoshiMochi43 - Jun 23

40 by Semester1 »»
15 minutes ago

» Would You Watch a Gender Swapped Version of K-On, Queen Blade, Love Live, and Pretty Cure.

RedTea33 - 3 hours ago

10 by Serafos »»
22 minutes ago

» Happy Yuri Day

henmwats - 12 hours ago

29 by 8oomer »»
2 hours ago

Poll: » Have you ever felt disappointed by a series thinking it was tagged incorrectly?

rohan121 - Apr 7

35 by rohan121 »»
2 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.