Forum Settings
Forums

Trying to watch 24 straight hours of anime today. Edit: Challenge Completed

New
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »
Mar 15, 2018 10:19 PM
Sep 2015
Inukanura said:
the only thing that can keeping me up for that long is playing CK2. my longest watching spree is like 10 hours, more or less. im not capable anymore to watch something that long, it hurts my eyes.

good luck for OP though, make sure to enjoying it to the fullest.

Thanks, ya my eyes are starting to buzz a bit, but its manageble haha
Mar 15, 2018 10:21 PM

Feb 2016
What exactly is the point of this?

A challenge usually entails something difficult or impressive. I suppose watching something for 24 hours may be difficult, but I feel like it is severely underscored by how unimpressive it is.

Why would you be excited to surrender 24 hours of your own time, especially when it is certain to amount to being very uncomfortable?

Mar 15, 2018 10:23 PM
Sep 2015
Fuchsia said:
Let me know how it goes, I'm interested. Longest I've gone is like 10 hours.. Yeah, i'm pretty weak.

Ive got about 8 hours to go, its gone easier than i thought so far, but will see how the rest of the night goes.
Mar 15, 2018 10:24 PM

Apr 2014
I'd have an easier time getting through a Bull of Heaven record. Good luck OP you poor fool.
Mar 15, 2018 10:25 PM

Jul 2013
LickYourFaceOff said:
Fuchsia said:
Let me know how it goes, I'm interested. Longest I've gone is like 10 hours.. Yeah, i'm pretty weak.

Ive got about 8 hours to go, its gone easier than i thought so far, but will see how the rest of the night goes.

Man, I don't know what you're watching, you should have totally went thematic and watched series in a similar vein.. Maybe like existential shit such as GITS, Tex, Lain etc, that'd be interesting :0

╮ (. ❛ ᴗ ❛.) ╭

Mar 15, 2018 10:26 PM

Oct 2017
Hope you're having fun my dude. i might try doing a challenge like that sometime during spring break or summer break! Hope you're going strong lol.
Mar 15, 2018 10:26 PM

Apr 2016
Good luck.
It's always fun to take on challenges. I guess you are really bored huh?

Make sure you don't push yourself too much. Doesn't matter even if you failed. Atleast you tried. :)

Btw what are you watching?
Mar 15, 2018 10:34 PM
Sep 2015
Saucy said:

A challenge usually entails something difficult or impressive. I suppose watching something for 24 hours may be difficult, but I feel like it is severely underscored by how unimpressive it is.

Why would you be excited to surrender 24 hours of your own time, especially when it is certain to amount to being very uncomfortable?

Well like I was saying earlier, I have nothing to gain from it really. It's just simply a challenge to see if I can do it or not I suppose haha. It may seem silly but the fact that I can go on knowing I did it at least once in my life is comforting. Who knows what the future holds but no matter what happens I can alway look back and think to myself at one point I was able to dunk a basketball, play bass almost as much as i wanted and was able to complete a silly 24 hour anime challenge haha
Mar 15, 2018 10:36 PM
Sep 2015
Sakky2213 said:
Hope you're having fun my dude. i might try doing a challenge like that sometime during spring break or summer break! Hope you're going strong lol.

Its actually been a lot of fun. Going strong less than 8 hours left.
Mar 15, 2018 10:39 PM
Sep 2015
FudiFudi said:
Good luck.
It's always fun to take on challenges. I guess you are really bored huh?

Make sure you don't push yourself too much. Doesn't matter even if you failed. Atleast you tried. :)

Btw what are you watching?

Thanks, I actually feel pretty great despite the circumstances haha. Im about to watch the patlabor movies after this ep of new game.
Mar 15, 2018 10:40 PM

Apr 2016
@LickYourFaceOff Great!! Gambatte!!
Mar 15, 2018 10:41 PM
Sep 2015
Fuchsia said:
LickYourFaceOff said:

Man, I don't know what you're watching, you should have totally went thematic and watched series in a similar vein.. Maybe like existential shit such as GITS, Tex, Lain etc, that'd be interesting :0

I love me some lain haha. I think watching nothing but existential stuff would have me foaming at the mouth by now haha.
Mar 15, 2018 10:55 PM

Nov 2017
Oh gosh, and I thought my 3 hour anime marathon was something to be proud of lmao... how much longer do you have now? Good luck, dude
Mar 15, 2018 11:09 PM

Jan 2017
LickYourFaceOff said:
This will be my third attempt. I'm only doing this as a challenge not for overall viewing experience. The anime I'm watching aren't that important to me and are typically slice of life shows with a handful of older movies thrown in. Thoughts?

Oi mate, you can definitely do it. But I'd have picked shows that I was really excited about watching, I feel like the boredom level + chance of deciding to quit partway through will be higher if you're watching shows that you're less interested in. I'm a bit of a mental masochist but damn lol 24 hours of watching something that I'm not really into? Idk if I could do it. a 12-13 ep that I'm not into? No problem. But that's about 70+ haha

My all time best was 70 episodes of Naruto: Shippuden in a 24-hour period. But that's also a show I love and adore, and Naruto is my Lord & Savior (as you can tell from my profile) haha.

Mar 15, 2018 11:12 PM
Sep 2015
CynicalKitten said:
Oh gosh, and I thought my 3 hour anime marathon was something to be proud of lmao... how much longer do you have now? Good luck, dude

Ive got seven hours and 18 min left haha
Mar 15, 2018 11:16 PM
Sep 2015
J_LEE_C said:
LickYourFaceOff said:
This will be my third attempt. I'm only doing this as a challenge not for overall viewing experience. The anime I'm watching aren't that important to me and are typically slice of life shows with a handful of older movies thrown in. Thoughts?

Oi mate, you can definitely do it. But I'd have picked shows that I was really excited about watching, I feel like the boredom level + chance of deciding to quit partway through will be higher if you're watching shows that you're less interested in. I'm a bit of a mental masochist but damn lol 24 hours of watching something that I'm not really into? Idk if I could do it. a 12-13 ep that I'm not into? No problem. But that's about 70+ haha

My all time best was 70 episodes of Naruto: Shippuden in a 24-hour period. But that's also a show I love and adore, and Naruto is my Lord & Savior (as you can tell from my profile) haha.

I saved some stuff for the end that im interested in. For me personally watching things im not as into is less work on my brain. I've got 7 hours and 14 min left haha.
Mar 15, 2018 11:19 PM

Nov 2007
My thought is when the hell you are actually watching anime? You have been in MAL replying to these comments for the past 17 hours. You will never be able to pull it off. It doesn't count. You took way too many breaks.
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Mar 15, 2018 11:23 PM

Aug 2016
Damn, Man. Good luck. It's quite the accomplishment if you do. How many episodes and films will that rack up to?

God I wish I was still a kid with no priorities or work. I would love to go for a whole day binge watch. I think the most I've ever been able to do now is a whole 12 epsiode season about... Once. As a kid I managed to watch the entire first season of Prison Break in one sitting XD
Mar 15, 2018 11:25 PM
Sep 2015
shanimebib said:
My thought is when the hell you are actually watching anime? You have been in MAL replying to these comments for the past 17 hours. You will never be able to pull it off. It doesn't count. You took way too many breaks.

I had that thought to, ive been jacking my head up and down all day making sure im following along haha. If at the end of the night it doesnt feel like i trully watched 24 hours ill just watch one or two more for good measure. Im not going to cheat myself to a personal victory lol.
Mar 15, 2018 11:28 PM
Sep 2015
Aann said:
Damn, Man. Good luck. It's quite the accomplishment if you do. How many episodes and films will that rack up to?

God I wish I was still a kid with no priorities or work. I would love to go for a whole day binge watch. I think the most I've ever been able to do now is a whole 12 epsiode season about... Once. As a kid I managed to watch the entire first season of Prison Break in one sitting XD

Thanks man, I'll throw up a list at the end of the night what I watched.
Mar 15, 2018 11:49 PM

Feb 2016
LickYourFaceOff said:
Saucy said:

Well like I was saying earlier, I have nothing to gain from it really. It's just simply a challenge to see if I can do it or not I suppose haha. It may seem silly but the fact that I can go on knowing I did it at least once in my life is comforting. Who knows what the future holds but no matter what happens I can alway look back and think to myself at one point I was able to dunk a basketball, play bass almost as much as i wanted and was able to complete a silly 24 hour anime challenge haha

But that literally means nothing. Why not pick an actual challenge or at least something that will benefit you. Like, pick a challenge to walk 50km in one day, or to read a book in a week. At least something of value to yourself.

Torturing yourself for a meaningless achievement is just dumb. I'd understand if you had monetary incentive, but you don't.

Shouldn't accomplishments mean something? Be worth something? If you accomplish something, other people should want to do it as well. I can hardly see someone having the desire to follow in your footsteps for the same reasons.
SaucyMar 16, 2018 11:30 AM

Mar 15, 2018 11:52 PM

Jan 2016
good luck just don't do anything cra-well actually watching anime for 24 hours straight are crazy, but anyway just hope anything bad won't happen to you
Mar 15, 2018 11:56 PM
Sep 2015
Saucy said:
LickYourFaceOff said:

But that literally means nothing. Why not pick an actual challenge or at least something that will benefit you. Like, picka a challenge to walk 50km in one day, or to read a book in a week. At least something of value to yourself.

Torturing yourself for a meaningless achievement is just dumb. I'd understand if you had monetary incentive, but you don't.

Shouldn't accomplishments means something? Be worth something? If you accomplish something, other people should want to do it as well. I can hardly see someone having the desire to follow in your footsteps for the same reasons.

It means something to me :) I might not be richer at the end of the night, but ill be happy for sure :)
Mar 15, 2018 11:59 PM

Mar 2015

go to my level and got at 32 hours level....
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Mar 16, 2018 12:48 AM
Jan 2016
My thought? I guess, "wow?" That's it.
Mar 16, 2018 1:03 AM

Mar 2017
Did you quit life or something like that?
Mar 16, 2018 1:13 AM

Jan 2018
Hey OP, just wanted to read your one sentence review about all of your 24 hours planned to watch list and your rating score as well. Good luck, hope you didn't starve.
Mar 16, 2018 1:18 AM
Sep 2015
hazecloud said:
Hey OP, just wanted to read your one sentence review about all of your 24 hours planned to watch list and your rating score as well. Good luck, hope you didn't starve.

I'm plenty full haha, i've got 5 hours 15 min left. Ill leave a full list of everything I watched and which ones were my favorites, thanks man.
Mar 16, 2018 1:23 AM
Sep 2015
Kenny_Stryker said:
Did you quit life or something like that?

I like my life to much to quit it :) I only plan on doing this once, ive got to get back to work saturday anyway.
Mar 16, 2018 2:19 AM

Jun 2017
*giving you all the good luck in the world*

i can only do 12 hours max, so salute to all those who can watch 20+ hours max
Mar 16, 2018 2:28 AM

Oct 2016
Man, I don't think I have the willpower to watch that much of anything. The last time I spent 24 hours awake was when I was a bored college student. I watched both seasons of Sora no Otoshimono then tried to watch some other show but couldn't focus on the subtitles.
"It's the same sense of loss I feel when a slice-of-life series ends... The despair of knowing that their lives will still continue on, yet I won't be able to see it..."
~Hajime Tsunashi from Danna ga Nani wo Itteiru ka Wakaranai Ken
Mar 16, 2018 2:38 AM

Jul 2013
Sounds like a chore in my opinion, but good luck man.
Mar 16, 2018 4:03 AM

Sep 2017
the fuck op? are you okay? how the fuck do you have so much free time?
Edward Elric > your waifu

Mar 16, 2018 4:14 AM

Apr 2014
ive onced did 24 hours straight no eating, basically fasted. and i had a gallon of water and gallons of empty bottles to piss in.

this was when i was in college i dont think i can do that again but id love to try
Mar 16, 2018 4:27 AM
otp haver 🤪

Jul 2017
I mean that's only 72 episodes. If you exclude op/ed and keep watching while you eat and bathroom. Seems like a lot to do but hey.
Mar 16, 2018 4:32 AM
Jul 2018
Yeah, I would feel like that is a chore to me. Especially knowing that it's 24 hours straight. I can't even last 24 hours as the closest I've been to is about 20ish hours.
Mar 16, 2018 4:36 AM

Dec 2017
LickYourFaceOff said:

That's my typical Saturday, to be honest, well if you really want to do it, just do it
I like harem
Mar 16, 2018 8:31 AM

Jun 2016
Well, how did you do? Did you manage to make it?
Mar 16, 2018 8:36 AM

Feb 2016
Last time i did a 24 hours marathon i got close to heaven.

So, how did it goes ?
Because we're stupid that we love to have fun
Mar 16, 2018 8:48 AM

Dec 2017
So, if you managed to make it, I have a new challenge for you: watch Boku no Pico for 48 hours straight.
Mar 16, 2018 9:19 AM

Dec 2017
sashaanjo said:
So, if you managed to make it, I have a new challenge for you: watch Boku no Pico for 48 hours straight.
How about trying to read gore hentai for 24 hours
Yeah right there is no way a doujin about vomit exists.
Good song https://soundcloud.com/yeungkakit33/op4-hekireki-last-alliance
Tsumino account is BigMaraIppo
Another Good Song Listen to テスト by mukami #np on #SoundCloud
https://soundcloud.com/mukami/77a
Ashita no Joe and Megalo box are disappointing anime.
My reviews:https://myanimelist.net/profile/Botan-Chan45/reviews
Best Naruto Op: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ByCNZxOBVWM&list=RDByCNZxOBVWM&index=1
discord name: Chitoge Kirisaki#9564
https://discord.gg/nGKu6zx my discord server for plebs
Mar 16, 2018 9:20 AM

Dec 2017
Seems rough, but reminds of the stupid trend the 24 hour challenge overnight. Still a good job if you make it.
Best Naruto Op: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ByCNZxOBVWM&list=RDByCNZxOBVWM&index=1
Mar 16, 2018 9:31 AM
Laughing Man

Jun 2012
Been there, done that. Advice: watch something you actually care about.

I'm level on MAL-Badges. View my badges.
Mar 16, 2018 9:31 AM

Dec 2017
Botan-Chan45 said:
sashaanjo said:
How about trying to read gore hentai for 24 hours
That's good too. Whatever he likes to try.
Mar 16, 2018 9:50 AM

Dec 2017
Saucy said:
LickYourFaceOff said:

But that literally means nothing. Why not pick an actual challenge or at least something that will benefit you. Like, picka a challenge to walk 50km in one day, or to read a book in a week. At least something of value to yourself.

Shouldn't accomplishments means something? Be worth something? If you accomplish something, other people should want to do it as well. I can hardly see someone having the desire to follow in your footsteps for the same reasons.
my personal challenge is to fap atleast 36 times a day
Mar 16, 2018 9:52 AM

Dec 2017
Dlwuik said:
the fuck op? are you okay? how the fuck do you have so much free time?
Spring break is a blessing for this man.
Mar 16, 2018 12:27 PM
Jul 2018
24 hours ... Holy shit dude , good luck with that xD

My highest record was 11 Hours and I felt sick from watching too much , I'm curious to know if you can do it or no.
Mar 16, 2018 1:59 PM
Sep 2015
SilentBlaster said:
24 hours ... Holy shit dude , good luck with that xD

My highest record was 11 Hours and I felt sick from watching too much , I'm curious to know if you can do it or no.

check the description my man, challenge was completed :)
Mar 16, 2018 2:00 PM

Sep 2017
....what the fuck?
are you okay?
how's your health?
anyway i congratulate you
Edward Elric > your waifu

Mar 16, 2018 2:03 PM
otp haver 🤪

Jul 2017
Wish I had the stamina and will power to do this shit. Kudos bro.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »

More topics from this board

» Do you dislike low-resolution anime shows?

DesuMaiden - 7 seconds ago

0 by DesuMaiden »»
7 seconds ago

» help me find this anime from my childhood

viski252 - 2 minutes ago

0 by viski252 »»
2 minutes ago

» Changes Over Time In The Way You Use MAL Ratings

Quadruple_Oi - Sep 20

37 by Zakatsuki_ »»
10 minutes ago

» Do you like anime about any sport or sports anime in general?

RobertBobert - Sep 20

42 by Zarutaku »»
43 minutes ago

» Do you find modern disclaimers to be annoying?

Dragevard - Sep 20

33 by Yuu_Kanzaki »»
48 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.